Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Alright here is my post. After thinking, I have arrived at the following conclusion regarding CA. My theory revolves around the idea that we don't know if there is a type of character that can revive people in this game. If that isn't true please let me know immediatly. CA said that he wanted a player to revive Iammars so Immars could confirm his innocence. CA has demonstrated that it is likely that Immars would have investigated him the first night. Now if CA was sum he honestly wouldn't want any player to revive Iammars because Iammars would inform us all of CA's scumminess. After reading the Davis Wiki I have found that there isn't any role mentioned that would allow for a revival. Unless the mods in this game are known for including such a unique role then the odds of someone being able to revive are incredibly low. From a scummy CAs perspective requesting that Iammars be revived was "safe" since the odds were low that Iammars would actually be revived. By making the request CA could safely claim his innocence. He did this early, knowing it would probably get him a few vote but knowing that it would be worth it overall. His first post regading the revival issue was solely the revival request. After gaining a bit of a bandwagon he then informed us why he believed Iammars would investigate him. This really provides us with no good information. We all knew that he thought Iammars would investigate him. Knowing why he thought this, while important, doesn't help to prove his innocence at all. However since he posted this after his initial bandwagon formed, he made it SEEM like a defense. It isn't a defense. Then he proceded to accuse other people. Now people have begun to unvote CA and move onto his accusation. Many of these people have become convinced that he is innocent . Some might be basing that on the fact that Iammars most likely investigated him. It all seems wrong to me. Many people were initially suspicous regarding the revival request including me. It just seems fishy. I havn't seen anything posted yet that has relieved me of my suspicion. I am still suspicious and my vote remains.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:54 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Here is my thought process CA: From what I have seen so far it seems that most people assume that they are seen as innocent. People don't attempt to claim otherwise unless there are a lot of people voting for them. To try to claim innocence so early in the game AND when there was absolutly no pressure on you seems strange in the first place. Let me analyze your actions logically.

Let's first assume that you are a townie. What would your hurry be to try to claim innocence so early? Why not wait until pressure is on you THEN you could say, Iammars most likely investigated me and you should revive him. Your entire defense could have easily waited until it needed to be brought out. What are the benefits of posting it so quickly? I can't think of many. Perhaps you wanted people to cancel you out as scum so they could take your accusations seriously. But honestly, I think that is a stretch. If anything that argument simply creates a WIFOM type situation. Well, is he using the tactic as mafia to sway us or is he actually a townie? etc. I honestly see no benefit in your actions if you are a townie.

Now on the other hand.... let's assume you are scum. If a scummy player was to gain the trust of the town then s/he could cause all kinds of chaos. This is ESPECIALLY true if it is a mafia that has gained the towns trust. Since a mafia knows who his/her fellows are then s/he could suggest lynches that avoid the mafia.

I believe that you made an attempt to clear yourself early. I believe this for reasons that I have already stated. As mentioned above I think a scum would benefit far more from this action. THAT is why you have my vote.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:33 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Aureal:

All I know is that after CA explained why Iammars would vote for him people began to unvote CA.

To address your first point. Do you argue that CA didn't make the revival request to gain the trust of the town? If this is your argument then I have a question for you: Why would any player, townie or scum, make such a post so early in the game?
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:00 am

Post by Smilax765 »

Aureal: All right good catch. I am only human after all. Yes, I meant that after CA explained why Iammars would have investigated him people started to unvote him. I did read CA's post in which he basically claimed the same idea I've already covered. Still waiting on an answer to that question by the way....

W!nters: CA has been on this site for over 6 months. I doubt an experienced townie like him make such a "mistake" as you called it. You mention an alterior motive. This is interesting and I am intrigued. What could it be? Someone should be able to come up with a possibility that makes sense. I am sure that CA will come forth with an answer soon. If it is convincing enough I will unvote. That is a promise.

As for long posts, well, I think they help the game. The reason I am making these posts is for a few reasons: I was prodded for inactivity and felt kinda bad about it, I admit I can get carried away (this includes emails and other such things), and I was accused of not thinking logicaly. If you are to explain logic it usualy takes a lot of writing.[/quote]
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

The fact that you used the word 'cleared' wasn't the problem, it's that you were making such a deal about 'crap logic', when it could have been a joke.[/quote]

Did CA ever claim it was a joke? Just curious.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Let's try that again....

JechtMurray wrote: The fact that you used the word 'cleared' wasn't the problem, it's that you were making such a deal about 'crap logic', when it could have been a joke.

Did CA ever claim it was a joke? Just curious.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Of course that's true. If he did make that claim I would be more convinced than I already am. To my knowledge CA has given no real reason for why he would say that. He needs to give a convincing reason as to why a townie would do what he did.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:57 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Is there any possibility of getting a post count? Even without it I am pretty sure more people need to post.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:20 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

After reading carefully I believe this is a good choice.

unvote: CA Vote: LP

Still
FOS: CA
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:24 am

Post by Smilax765 »

W!nt3r wrote:
Smilax765 wrote:After reading carefully I believe this is a good choice.

unvote: CA Vote: LP

Still
FOS: CA
Fos: Similax
for this utterly stupid post.

Yeah yeah yeah...... Look I could have remained stubborn on this but no one was joining me on my attempts to lynch CA. I have been following this thread and I do believe that Lost Profit is also a good lynch. Last time I checked there is more than one scum in this game. So honestly, what was so stupid about this? I am voting for someone I am suspicious of and FOS.... ing(?) another person I suspect. Big deal.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:58 am

Post by Smilax765 »

W!nt3r wrote:I never said Smilax's post was scummy, I said it was stupid... however hard it may be to see, there is a difference with the two.
If it wasn't scummy then why did you FOS me? Do you just FOS people if they make stupid posts? Furthermore, why is it a stupid post? All I did was...
wait, I've been over this already. Read the post where I quoted you and get back to me.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:19 am

Post by Smilax765 »

Winter: You refer to the first and only line in the entire post (not counting the voting and FOS). I wanted people to understand that I wasn't just making the vote to progress the game. If I had just unvoted and voted without saying a word it would have seemed odd. I have been stubbornly sticking to my CA vote the whole time. I have not been swayed by any other bandwagon. To change now and become the deciding vote was a difficult choice to make. I did put a lot of thought into it. It wasn't just a "OMFG I am tired of it still being day 1 let's end this now". I just thought the people should know this.

As for tommorow, I doubt I am going to say any such thing. If I am still alive, my first post will be an immediate vote for CA. I am pretty sure he knows this, so there's a fair chance I'll be dead in the morning.

PS: where is our MOD? Unless I am gravely mistaken we have had enough votes for the lynch for some time now.....
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:02 am

Post by Smilax765 »

Yes yes sorry about that. I feel bad for making such confusion. Aces-Wild is indeed my alternate account. I am trying to rid myself of Smilax765 and this is the last game of his life. It's been so slow going in this game that I forgot I was still under this SN. Sorry about that. I feel like such a noob, but I guess that is fitting. Please disregard the post made by Aces-Wild. Mod feel free to delete the whole thing.

To make it official:

Vote: CA
for reasons I've already specified.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:32 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Commodore Amazing wrote:@Smilax - I thought I already answered your questions. :?:
I don't think so. When I have more time I'll go back and double check. If I find out that you havn't I'll quote myself for your convenience. If you have I'll unvote as promised.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:42 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Smilax765 wrote:Of course that's true. If he did make that claim I would be more convinced than I already am. To my knowledge CA has given no real reason for why he would say that. He needs to give a convincing reason as to why a townie would do what he did.
This was back on page twelve. Since then I don't believe you have given the explanation I desire.

This refers back to posts that I made and discussions between me and other players about you. Nearly every post I've made before page 12 regarded why I voted for you. There was also a large post of mine that I don't believe you ever addressed. You can check those out if you like. The above quote is the last post I made regarding why you have my vote.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #635 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:50 am

Post by Smilax765 »

Commodore Amazing wrote:Let's get moving.
vote: CES

@Smilax - You need to give me a reason why a scum would do what I did. It's not my responsibility to think of why a pro-town person would say Iammars investigated me. I did what I did, therefore a townie would do it. How would you answer me if I took one of your posts and said, "Explain why a pro-town player would say this." I'm pretty sure you're pro-town; you need to drop this and start finding real scum. Also, I think I gave reasons in my 13th post.
Your 13th post said that you wanted to give the town relevant information. The only information the town could possibly recieve was that you were innocent. I have explained in my post subject 2 why claiming innocence so early made me vote you. Also I did give a reason why scum would do what you did. Again this is all mentioned in my post subject 2.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:00 am

Post by Smilax765 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I think it's more important that he has partially claimed and if he is scum, it will become apparent. Going after CA is not today's play.
How has he partially claimed? I am lost. Please explain. I would be happy to unvote but I don't believe CA is addressing my points. I don't think he even took the time to read my biggest post about him. While I've read all of his arguments and posts. It's frusterating. That's all it is.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #648 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:22 am

Post by Smilax765 »

To find out if someone has posted, or to see all the posts of a speciific player. Use the tool at the bottom of the screen. It's very handy. According to it Roland of the white has yet to make a single post.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #886 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:14 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Unvote CA

So tamuz was blue and Hez (red) shot him? I wonder why Blue got an additonal role (Tamuz was FBI) and red didn't. It was a pretty good guess on Hez's part to nail the only red player on night one. Wasn't it?
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #894 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:48 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Adele wrote:Aces, I can't see you on the player list. Did you replace in?
Nope, sorry Aces is me. This is the second time I've done this. I apologize again.

I will fix it ASAP by posting again.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #895 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

Who said that you didn't have any other role? Well, I think that you did.

HezLucky wrote:

I do not have anymore powers. I am the
equivalent of a Townie that has already won the game... I guess that means I'm less of a Townie in a way. I should've left
town long ago :p.

I am protown... but would not be useful at endgame because I would be careless.

It was my understanding, based on this, that your only power was to hunt down Blue. Usualy roles have powers. So yeah, it would seem that the blue hunter was your only role.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #896 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:50 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Smilax765 wrote:So tamuz was blue and Hez (red) shot him? I wonder why Blue got an additonal role (Tamuz was FBI) and red didn't. It was a pretty good guess on Hez's part to nail the only red player on night one. Wasn't it?
You meant "to nail the only BLUE player on night one," right?
Yes indeed. To nail the only blue player.
Smilax765
Smilax765
Townie
Smilax765
Townie
Townie

Post Post #934 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by Smilax765 »

HezLucky wrote:Oh, and
FOS: Smilax

because it seems to me that a) he can't read
b) he's trying to prevent a claimed-townie lynch
c) he can't read
d) he's trying to come up with reasons to lynch someone who is proposing he gets vigged tonight/lynched tomorrow
e) he can't read
f) he probably dodged my bandwagon because he was scared of any "powers" i might have. Heck, he's probably scum
f) he can't read

:D that was fun.

Read between the lines. Whatever that means.
That's not very nice. Please dont' make fun of me. I am not trying to have you lynched. If I wanted to lynch you I would vote for you. If I suspected you I would FOS you. That's really all there is to it. I was not frightened of your powers I just wanted some clarification and I got it. No need to be mean. Honestly....

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”