Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Hoppster »

/prod-dodge.

It's late and I'm too tired/lazy to log into the hydra, and the other head is being a useless tool.

Sorry, content from this head in about 20 hours.

Hydra post next time.
Last edited by jmj3000 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (isolation #1) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Hoppster »

danakillsu wrote:
Pinky and the Brain wrote:
danakillsu wrote:
lewarcher wrote:you know what would make you look a little less scummy? If you quit joining wagons without explaning why.

lewarcher wrote:I don't want to help you to look less scummy

Yeah...

Well I'll tell you this much. You're not looking very town, Ythan's not looking very town, The Master Hand is looking pretty town, and thil's a complete wild card. So I'll
unvote vote: lewarcher
for self-contradiction.

That's not a contradiction. The first post is just a different way of saying thil is scummy because he joins wagons without explaining why.

Since you don't even know who he was talking to, I don't think you really understand the situation. But the nuance you choose to read into that is your decision. I see plain English words that are obviously contradictory.

Yeah, my bad. Saw that quote after reading thil's scummy posts, so (stupidly) assumed it was directed at thil.

But I'm not the one looking into nuances. You are, I'm just pointing out the obvious mistakes in your doing so.

If you're not convinced:
Hoppster, to Ryan Giggs wrote:Do you know what would make you look like less of a spoilt, arrogant twit? Stop [REDACTED].
^ This is NOT me advising Ryan Giggs how to look like less of an arrogant, spoilt twit, although it may appear that way. I am implying that [REDACTED] is making Ryan Giggs look like a spoilt, arrogant twit; it is persuasive (theoretically).

Spoiler: MOAR ON PERSUASIVE LANGUAGE/QUESTIONS
danakillsu, about Tragedy's claim wrote:
HE HAS A POWER THAT DOESN'T EXIST BUT HE HAS NO POWER?
You're not asking whether Tragedy 'has a power that doesn't exist'; you know that she said that. You're implying that this (her having 'a power that doesn't exist') is ridiculous/obvfaked/scummy/whatever.

Rephrased, dana wrote:Could that claim be any more nonsensical?
You're not literally asking whether her claim could be any more nonsensical; you're implying that her claim is nonsensical.

Rephrased^2, dana wrote:Do you know how you could make your fakeclaims less obvious? Make them less nonsensical.
You're
not
advising Tragedy how to fakeclaim better. You are implying her claim is an obvious fakeclaim (because it is nonsensical).

Another example:
danakillsu wrote:Why would I give someone else time to reconsider when I had decided the claim was fake?
You're not asking us to tell you your own thought process, you're using persuasive language to strongly imply that there are no sound reasons for giving anybody else time to reconsider.

danakillsu wrote:If you think I'm scum, why would you want to help me look less scummy?
Again, implies that there are no sound reasons for people who think you are scum to help you look less scummy.

The Master Hand wrote:But that will happen regardless of alignment. Not to mention that if we lynch the role-blocker, we end his ability to say that. I'm saying that its poor play to lynch a claimed cop at this stage in the game. There was no CC, and I see this entire case as turning into "uh, well, scum could have done that!" Well, guess what? Town can do that too.

Yes, but this assumes there is a scum roleblocker.

If thil is scum, there may not necessarily be a scum roleblocker (or, as Dekes suggested, thil could be the scum roleblocker). It's still giving thil-scum a free pass.

In a way, all cases are "uh, well, scum could have done that!" How is your case/attack on Ythan
not
"uh, well, scum could have done that!"? You're saying scum could have tunnelled on an un-CC'd cop. Well, guess what? Town can do that too.

lewarcher82 wrote:
danakillsu wrote:
"you know what would make you look less scummy? posting longer and more!" just means "you are scummy because of your rare and short posts, post longer and more". All in all, your reaction and your countervote is even worse than an omgus. it's an omgus+blatant attempt at misrepping.

That's just not true. Words mean something. You're literally telling me how to be less scummy. Figured you'd pull out the OMGUS card eventually. Hopefully the others can see that this is retconning, but if they can't, that's not my problem. My vote's staying for now.

you are right dana. I was coaching you because I wanted to help you look less scummy in order to vote you for being less scummy...

*facepalm*

As terrible as dana's vote/case is on you, this is a pretty bad response. You've basically paraphrased the 'contradiction' dana has 'found', and added a facepalm...
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Hoppster »

Well, obviously I was wrong about scum not having two roleblocking roles.

VOTE: Looker

Looker and esurio are scum.

Lynch on either one plzkthxbai.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Hoppster »

Bunnylover wrote:Going to hammer in a few hours unless I hear otherwise from this thread.

Here's otherwise:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pinky and the Brain

I HATE YOU ALL

PATICULARLY BUNNYLOVER AND LOOKER

MAINLY BUNNYLOVER

THAT IS ALL

Love,
Hoppster

xxxx
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Hoppster »

FUCK YOU ESURIO

RUINING MAH GODDAMN AWESOME EVIL PLANS

;_;

SO CLOSE

SO CLOSE
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by Hoppster »

You'll notice in the scum QT that following the SK lynch I was rather prematurely celebrating.

>__>
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Hoppster »

(Selective) Highlights from the Scum QT

Because, y'know, bragging about how awesome we were will soothe the pain in losing.

#42: Dekes identified as PR by lew
#251: wierdalexv identified as SK by lew
#290: Hoppster celebrates 'victory' :/
#297: lew crashes the party with correct prediction of vig kill
#300: esurio identified as vig by lew

Basically, lew was awesome.

I think Kdub played well - the horrrrrrribly unfortunate thil NK aside (;_;), he was the one player I thought might work out what I was up to and put a stop to my nefarious deeds.

I felt scum were hurt a LOT by replacements - although the game as a whole struggled with replacements, proportionally scum were worse off. 13 replacements were needed, of which 5 were scum. It honestly felt like some sort of mass-replacement-production-line in the scum QT:

"Oh, hi there Replacement #3, we're pushing thil for a mislynch, don't forget fake-claims at the beginning of the QT."
"Oh, hi there Replacement #12, we're pushing thil for a mislynch, don't forget fake-claims at the beginning of the QT."
"Oh, hi there Replacement #497, we're pushing thil for a mislynch, don't forget fake-claims at the beginning of the QT."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”