implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by implosion »

VOTE: crypto

ingame personality is basically me doing whatever I feel like doig. I don't really feel like describing my real-life personality seeing as it doesn't pertain to the game.

Strategy notes

Last game, our general strategy was to pass abilities between people and clear people by having them pass abilities to scum. If two people passed an ability between each other, and one flipped scum, the other was cleared. We had 4 people cleared by the end of the game, and it wasn't hard to finish it off. Obviously, the poison mechanic is intended to make that less efficient.

So,
IF
there are no abilities that can stop the poison, then people who have passed abilities to scum or have had abilities passed to them from scum are "cleared." However, there are a few reasons that they might not be:

1: there might be some kind of ability which can explicitly stop the poison kill. If this is the case, and the ability has no beneficial aspect, then that person should claim either today or tomorrow. We can deal with it by dumping it on someone scummy and nuking them out of orbit. or lynching also works. It's also theoretically possible that the scum have some kind of poison kill though, so yeah.
2: there might be some normal protective ability (like a doctor) that happens to protect against the poison kill.
If anyone has a doctor ability, then they should ask the mod if that ability will protect against the poison kill.
They shouldn't claim, for obvious reasons. They can claim later.
3: the scum have an ability which directly combats the poison, for example, a factional one-shot free pass-between-each-other ability to prevent us from clearing people. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this is in the game after the strategy we wound up using last time, and there's no way to detect it, so people who pass abilities to scum or get them are probably just going to be somewhat townier, as opposed to being clear.

On massclaim

Massclaiming abilities worked really well last game, and should work equally well this game. We actually might be able to do this SA3-style, where starting day three everyone has to claim their abilities from two days ago.

Last time, we would do it like this: everyone would claim if they had any abilities the previous day, without claiming what any abilities were. The next day, everyone would claim what abilities they passed, and who they passed to. It wound up being kind of informal. There might be a better strict way to claim it to maximize the potential information gain, but scum are relatively unlikely to lie about cycling choices since it can be kind of easily detected.

On day three, we should claim every ability name and start compiling a "map" for each ability. Like, if player A started with an ability, and passed it to player B, and they passed it to player C (who would have it on day three) then on day three, player A would claim "I had ability X on day one, and passed it to player B" and describe the ability. Player B could confirm what they'd said. We also potentially wouldn't have to have player B claim until day four. Player C would obviously stay quiet until day four or five to protect the ability, unless it's something blatantly anti-town.

Thoughts?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by implosion »

pedit: Personality, EtheralCookie, if you will.
I am prty kawaii. :3~
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by implosion »

Virus was pretty bad simply because of the chaos that it created.
Offline gave the town no benefit and the mafia some benefit, which is basically by definition anti-town. It was still useful for clearing potential scumpairs.
Anti-virus wound up being used kind of... awfully. Scum redirected it to theirself and killed an apathetic parama-doctor.
Reroute is also antitown for that matter.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by implosion »

Stringer Bell wrote:Also, scum are allowed to pass abilities to each other, unlike last game.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about with the paragraph on poison.
Junpei wrote:If scum have a consequence to passing to their members by mod-design, why would they receive an ability to directly counter that disadvantage?

Because, honestly, scum having a (delayed) death from passing between each other is a deterrent which is almost as detrimental as not being allowed to. Unless we see someone die of poison, then anyone who passed an ability on night one to a scumbag who is still alive on day three is cleared of being aligned with that scumbag.

My paragraph on massclaim was basically reiterating MoI's plan with how it worked out in x01.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by implosion »

nopoint wrote:what if there are abilities that disappear by itself in this game? sorta like 1 shot 2 shot. It would surely affect how the massclaim turn out. This didn't really happen the last game so I'm concerned the mod might get smarter

Either it'd be marked as one-shot/two-shot, marked as abnormal, or we'd play it by ear.
Junpei wrote:Implosion, I don't think that morale is a good thing to factor in when deciding if something is anti-town. That is to say, that human emotion hardly determines the mechanical adjectives one could apply to something like an ability.

That's not exactly what I meant when i said chaos. First of all, no scum would ever have been willing to keep the virus, and town members wouldn't be apt to either. Second of all, it kind of sapped discussion away from topics that could have been more useful to discuss because its mechanic was kind of weird. Basically, it never wound up killing any scum, because they'd just pass it to a townie, and the constant passing was kind of chaotic. Chaos might have been a bad word for it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #139 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am

Post by implosion »

magna wrote:
Also fair warning – Any player that sends a powerful Pro-Town ability (Doc / Investigation / Vig) out of play by ‘forgetting’ to send a cycling choice is to be lynched immediately. I put this out there so no-one can claim “oops, I forgot”.

Quoting this because PEOPLE NEED TO SEE IT. Also, EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOOK AT MAGNA'S PLAN AND FOLLOW IT. There was a lot of failure to follow the plan last game, even when it was stressed that it had to be followed.
magna wrote:@Implosion – Why did you specifically add claiming Powers to my plan from Cyclical X01 when it was not part of the original plan?

Because we wound up doing it eventually. I don't remember exactly when, but it helped with determining possible reasons for the number of kills that happened at night, what kind of power we had, coordination to an extent, etc.
magna wrote:It was Anti-Town last game since Diddin publicly claimed it and allowed scum to hijack said ability. The ability itself is not inherently Anti-Town in the slightest.

True, i suppose.
Toogeloo wrote:I should also state that I am a bit of a loose canon in games of organization. I like to do my own thing, and find that a little chaos tends to monkey wrench (and make more interesting) the game a bit. The main reason for this is that scum are already informed, so I don't like to aid that in any way.

The point of the massclaim plan in this game is to even the playing field of information. That's also a reason to massclaim abilities at some point - a scumteam as a whole will know about every ability that anyone on the scumteam has ever had.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:22 am

Post by implosion »

Toog is town. Crypto isn't scummy. What Magna has said is scummy about crypto really isn't scummy, it's all playstyle comments. Which really aren't indicative of anything relevant.

Unvote, Vote: warriormode
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #208 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by implosion »

crypto wrote:Here's a tip. The town doesn't win by lynching townies for the sake of information. It wins by lynching mafia. Man up and take some real stances, FourseenCircumstance, instead of copping out on a pathetically and indisputably anti-town procedure.

I had a newbie game once, where on day one, somebody (a townie) ordered everyone from most info to least info gained from their lynch. Both scum were at the very bottom of that list.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #209 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote

VOTE: Fourseencircumstance
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #215 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by implosion »

Fourseen and warrior are both good wagons. Crypto isn't.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #321 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by implosion »

So hey, I'm exhausted from applying to college and i have a debate tournament tomorrow that I have to wake up at like 5 AM for, so it's quite possible that I won't be posting again until Sunday, though I might get something in Saturday evening.

I'm getting kind of paranoid of Magnascum, but I guess we'll see that based on whether or not he dies night one :P.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #358 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:35 am

Post by implosion »

I actually like the fourseen wagon.

Saying that a wagon is bad sheerly because the people on it haven't explained themselves in-depth (or in some cases at all) is wrong. The speed of a wagon has almost nothing to do with the alignment of the bandwagonee.

Fourseen's crypto vote and unvote don't feel genuine. He votes crypto as an information list in the same post that he calls the case on crypto really weak. He unvotes because crypto was being useful. He voted diddin...
for not giving reasoning in a rvs vote.

Yeeeeeah.

And then in the post where he votes diddin, he says "lets kill him" referring to warriormode. Then he votes diddin with the above reasoning.

He also contradicts himself:

post 304 wrote:The reason why I was originally voting for crypto wasn't becasue he was super active it was more on the basis that he was being over zealous in the early stages of the day. I have found that in my history of games the over zealous players day 1 tend to be scum....

post 186 wrote:Crypto, your counter case against Diddin fairly weak,
but the case on you is even weaker.
hmm ponder.....

But looking at the plan from Magna....... It seems like the case be...... you are likely a good target at least not a good informational lynch for town.

unvote. Vote: Crypto

Says he was voting crypto for being scummy, yet called the case on crypto weak, and never actually mentioned his reasoning when he voted, while simultaneously criticizing diddin for not giving his reasoning while voting.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #377 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 376, FourseenCircumstance wrote:@Game so If no one thinks I am scum, then why am I still the leading wagon...
Question to Furclow you didn't answer the question about what your prod avoid posting was all about?
Question to Junpei How do you feel on Redcoyote?

hi, i posted stuff that said why you're scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #379 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by implosion »

I could support a nopoint wagon if one appeared.

You can't fake this stuff. He is not reacting at all how relative new scum do under a lot of pressure. He's sort of oblivious. (I believe in last game scum had daytalk? If so, you would expect one of his buddies to at least tell him something good to say

I don't remember scum having daytalk last game. And this is totally how newbscum react to pressure... he's ignoring the people that have posted content on him, and going straight to criticizing the wagon on him without really even saying that the wagon is wrong. Obliviousness isn't necessarily a towntell, and is easy as hell to manufacture. He also could just be oblivious scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #400 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:06 am

Post by implosion »

Implosion: if the doc can protect against poison, when should the doc claim it does/does not?

Once someone has had the doctor and it's been a few days since they had it, they could say so. Or if we ever massclaim what abilities exist in the game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #416 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by implosion »

RedCoyote: what would you say differentiates your play in this game so far from your play in the first cyclic experimentation (where you were scum)?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #464 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't think ML is scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #481 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by implosion »

Magna wrote:Why is Warrior scum BTW? You never mentioned or questioned him before your vote at 140 and aside from a weak mention later that he’s a good wagon I see nothing in your ISO re that scum read.

Why is NoPoint scum, other than DGB pushing on him?

Frankly, when I called warrior scummy, it was based on gut feeling about his posts that I'm sure I
could
elaborate on, but really don't feel like elaborating on.

ML-town is because I feel like his play here resembles his play in sexy sedilla (towngame) more so than his play in PYP 5 (scumgame). This is
entirely
based on gut; but there was something about his early play in PYP5 that just felt very off. His play here doesn't feel off.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #482 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by implosion »

Oh, and nopoint was basically just looking at the first few posts of his ISO (he only had like 3 then iirc) and thinking that they felt like they were structured oddly. I wasn't even necessarily calling him that scummy; i was saying that I'd be willing to wagon him and see where it goes.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #485 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 483, Junpei wrote:
In post 482, implosion wrote:Oh, and nopoint was basically just looking at the first few posts of his ISO (he only had like 3 then iirc) and thinking that they felt like they were structured oddly.
I wasn't even necessarily calling him that scummy
; i was saying that I'd
be willing to wagon him and see where it goes

What? Can you explain the rationale here, because wagoning a non-scum read for fun makes no sense. Hell, wagoning a non-scum read makes no sense.

Why should whether or not something makes sense be relevant?

Though in seriousness: wagons are good. Just in general. They give the best kind of information by forcing scum to take stances. The Fourseen wagon feels kind of stagnate-y atm.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #523 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote, Vote: nopoint
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #564 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by implosion »

Ghostlin, voting furcolow for being anti-town is like voting your house for refusing to get up and walk.

But you're town.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #565 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by implosion »

Also, I'm not taking a strong stance on the stringer bell wagon.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #567 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 566, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 565, implosion wrote:Also, I'm not taking a strong stance on the stringer bell wagon.

It's refreshing that you are so up-front about your fence-sitting.

No problem.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #575 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by implosion »

[quote]Implosions' early posts made me think he was a great analytical and thorough player, but I suppose that is not the case as his recent posting is full of proclamations and waffling. Care to show up to the game Implosion, or is this how you always play?[quote]
It's a large game. I'm not going to comment on every player on day one.

I usually find it easier to do shit in large games after day one either way. Like in the first cyclic experiment. The town was basically depressed by like day three because we had no scumflips, but we eventually managed to gain momentum. As more info appears, it's easier to do stuff.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #716 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by implosion »

it confirms town when he survives and claims his target.

It can't really confirm scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #717 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by implosion »

Anyway, as for this game: i feel like my reads are kind of bad right now. My gut says warrior is scum, which is probably a combination of the way that he's lurking and just the way he's said things, and I still see npiau as somewhat scummy.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #719 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't have strong opinions right now. Like I said, I find it difficult to get strong reads early in large games. I have town reads (DGB, probably RC for his response to my question, toog, and others) but they aren't as useful early game as they are late game.

As a player, i find it easier to townhunt than to scumhunt. Townhunting isn't as useful on day one as scumhunting.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #736 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 734, Furcolow wrote:NPAU
pass your ability to me
and ill pass mine to you
deal?

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. On many, many levels.

First of all, we are NOT making plans in advance of who to pass what to. You should never even have claimed to have an ability.
Second of all, we want to make as many connections through passing as possible.
Third of all, why the hell do you want that ability.

Kdub should vig npiau. He's scummy, and we can nip an anti-town ability in the bud.

Npiau wrote:And so you think I would claim a anti-town ability if I'm scum?

Hell, I got a ridiculous amount of towncred last game for claiming the treestump on day one. I mean, i WAS town, but still.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #737 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by implosion »

I typed each of those "no"s individually, by the way.

Furc, if you want to get past your VI reputation, stop doing anti-town things.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #740 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by implosion »

In cyclic experimenation set x01, I had a treestump ability and claimed it in my second or third post on day one. People proceeded to call me town for how I handled the claim.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #885 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by implosion »

VOTE: Ghostlin
I just read some of Magna's stuff on him. Good stuff.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #886 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by implosion »

For the record: This week and next week are going to be bad. After thanksgiving, I
should
be really active.

Right now, midterms are coming up and I still have some college app essays to write, so.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1010 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't see how furcolow claiming an ability is scummy. If there's some non-passing ability... it's going to become damn obvious and claiming it would be damning for him.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1129 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by implosion »

I didn't pass any abilities.

Also, I have an aching suspicion that it's a multiball game. Stringer died
even though he had a hider
. I mean, he was scum - but still managed to die even though he had a hider ability. That means one of a couple things... either he hid behind someone who died, or he hid behind scum of another faction. I mean, the first one is possible... but the odds that he hid behind DGB or drunken piper are lower than the odds that he hid behind DGB, drunken piper, or however many other people.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1202 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by implosion »

So, I'm skeptical of magna right now. I'll try to elaborate on it in a week after midterms, but in short:
He's still alive on day two
something about his scumhunting feels like it's just "going through the motions." It feels like he's just trying to find reasons to call people scummy without really trying to find who the scum are. Toog is kind of right there in that he feels a bit manipulative.

Magna: how surprised are you that DGB flipped town? Why do you think that anyone would kill DGB, who you were nearly guaranteed to push on today? And most importantly, why are you appealing to your own authority:
And yes – my solid scum-hunting and pretty much Day-long push on scum Stringer means I get to call scummy people like you scum.

After you also said things like this?
Lulz, Ghost ... do you seriously think I'm joking? DGB is obv-scum. Of course enough of you are dense that on the odd chance I live to Day 2 I'm going to have to go screaming All-CAPS to get her lynched.

I mean, sure, you caught scum. But how can you possibly say "one of my reads was right, therefore I have more authority to call someone scum than the average member of the populace?" You were also wrong about a read.

I kind of want to see where this will go. So:

VOTE: Magna
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1207 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by implosion »

Appealing to my own authority? Generic Wikitell away!!! Seriously – I was fucking right about Stringer and I’m going to find the partners who made the lynch difficult. Does that frighten you?

So being right about one person as scum gives you more authority on your own reads? No. If DGB were still alive, you could use that exact same reasoning to push for her lynch. It's flawed reasoning.
Just like you wanted to see where you vote would go on Town NoPoint?

And no response to Junpei’s case on you? Hmmmm …

I thought nopoint was scum.
I didn't see junpei's case, ISO AWAY

You do not "see where this goes", I want you to tell me who scum IS. I want you to tell me who you have solid scum reads on, no more of this "I'll feel out the waters" foolishness.

Solid scumreads... don't you think i'd give them if i had them?

So, basically: no. The solidity of my reads should and will get stronger over time, especially once I have time to look more at this. Midterms are in a week. After that, it's thanksgiving break, and then around a month of life being much easier.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1209 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1176, Junpei wrote:Alright, FC is hiding behind VI, so lets get another scum: Implosion

1) Implosions' plan is very formal and very bad. Needless to say his ability claim idea is subpar to the original plan that was used on x01. Now, this post gives me the impression that we are dealing with an analytical and intelligent player. But, his later posts do not give me those vibes. This worries me because I feel like he could not be doing as well as he normally would be. I think that as scum, a strong town player may start off well (pregame, it is easy to set yourself up to look like town), but when you're in the thick of things, you have to adjust your whole mindset, and I don't think Implosion is doing that well.

It is very formal. I wanted discussion of it to start. It might be subpar, but it's basically what I recollected of the plan without going back to look. I was analytical and intelligent because there was nothing posted. I
will
pretty much always fall behind in large games, but I'll also eventually catch up. I fall behind in almost all of my games at one point or another. The rate of growth of large games means that I just don't have the time to analytically examine everything. The "thick of things" is hard for me to deal with in a way, and also somewhat psychologically deterring to me. It's jus a mass of stuff to look at.

2) By his 6th post, he has already completely dropped his plan, and is now very much advocating for MoI's plan. This is the first time since post 0 he has even mentioned the plan, and has posted nothing but IIoA since. In fact, his ISO is essentially summarized in this: IIoA, declarations, and poor reads. I don't mean I disagree with his reads... but lets look at some examples:

Yes. I did advocate for MoI's plan. Good observation. Informative. Care to analyze it?

see what i did there?

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p3555737
For the first time he is asked to elaborate on his reads. His warrior read is now being waffled on. His ML read is (and he makes this quite clear) PURE gut.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3555741
As an extension to the last post, he wasn't calling nopoint scummy, rather he'd simply support a wagon on him.

No other reads are explained. Implosion just comes out of the blue with 'reads' and can't be bothered to actually actively scumhunt, rather decides to IIoA. Oh, there's the 'fourseen case', but that's just a regurgitation of what was already said.

See the first paragraph i typed, and the last paragraph of my post above this.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1211 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by implosion »

also, saying that my mini-case on fourseen was regurgitation of what had already been said is a misrepresentation.

please point out what posts i was regurgitating.

hint: i typed that post without referencing any other posts on fourseen
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1218 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by implosion »

magna wrote:I was right on more than just Stringer. I read both NoPoint and Furc correctly as Town. And I'm as positive as I can get that I'm right on Ghostlin also.

If you want to argue that scum partners to Stringer aren’t going to be found on the NoPoint / Junpei wagons please continue. You’d be dead wrong, but please continue.

Where... did... i say anything even vaguely like that second line.

You're basically committing 7for7. Which is fallacious. You were goddamn positive on dgb... and you were wrong. You seem to be implying the following statement:

the fact that I have had a good track record so far this game means that my reads are good.

which is basically 7for7.

Junpei wrote:Implosion, not having reads is not okay. I understand you have midterms, but the idea that 1200 posts in, all you can say is "meh, I'll see where this goes" as your primary vote is ridiculous. Also it doesn't matter if you claim not to have referenced any other posts on Fourseen, the fact remains that you hardly brought a new case to the table.

...hardly brought a new case to the table.

The majority of my case was original.

1200 posts... you're right. I probably should have better reads. Alas, I don't. Sue me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1219 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by implosion »

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1232 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by implosion »

Do you disagree? I’m going to follow my instincts and find scum as per usual. You don’t like it? Oh well.

Seriously. What the fuck is this. You're putting fucking words in my mouth. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING VAGUELY LIKE THIS:
If you want to argue that scum partners to Stringer aren’t going to be found on the NoPoint / Junpei wagons please continue. You’d be dead wrong, but please continue.

I NEVER ARGUED ANYTHING LIKE THAT. DON'T SAY THAT I'M FUCKING ARGUING THAT AND THEN SAY THAT I'M WRONG FOR ARGUING IT. that's literally complete bullshit. you're putting words in my mouth, calling those words scummy, and then calling me scummy for saying WORDS THAT YOU PULLED OUT OF THE FUCKING ETHER.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1264 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by implosion »

MoI wrote:Then instead of throwing a temper tantrum answer me these questions.

1. Do you think Stringer partner scum are likely to be found pushing counterwagons at critical moments when Stringer was under fire but not the clear leader?
2. If you do what was the purpose of going on about 7v7? I correctly identified Stringer scum and am planning on finding his partners. Again, I don't care if that rubs you the wrong way in my presentation of facts.
3. If you don't why do you think that?

Perhaps. They could also be the leaders, or have been bussing. The position of a given player with respect to a wagon alone is close to meaningless. I mean, i really doubt that every stringerbuddy was in the position with respect to the stringer wagon that you elaborated on, for example.
The point of talking about 7 for 7 is that you're trying to derive authority from having been right about a read on stringer. Having been right about stringer does not give you more authority than anyone else to declare who stringer's scumbuddies are.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1266 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by implosion »

Also, I had an idea, but then realized that it was a bad idea, but i'm going to put it out there even though it's a bad idea just to see how people respond.

I was going to ask any of SB's scumbuddies that are lynched to claim who SB hid behind last night.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1267 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1265, Junpei wrote:Considering his response is basically "yes I have no good reads", it is not at all adequate and he needs to hang.

Why do townies necessarily have to have good reads?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1321 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by implosion »

Bleah. I really don't want to do this, but it's for the good of the game.

Mod: replace me.

I can't keep up, and I don't have the time/energy/morale to catch up. I'm going to stay away from large games in the future. Sorry.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”