Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:18 pm

Post by Talitha »

d8P wrote:How many of our players are British or Irish or otherwise afflicted with these classics? Can you think of any more? Are there any in the above list you think less likely to show up?

Any ideas on who/what the mafia will be?
Father Ted springs to mind, especially since the Vicar of Dibley is in there...
The Goodies?
Open all hours?
George & Mildred?
Absolutely Fabulous?

I really don't have a clue which programmes are more likely to be in the game. I have heard of (if not watched) all of the programmes in your list but my character is from a programme that I had never heard of. So I don't think that all characters will be from the programmes we would expect.

It's really hard to think of likely mafia characters. I can't think of any characters with a gun (bloojay being shot) apart from Brian Damage from the Young Ones. Athough some of the other Young Ones characters were also pretty vicious (Vivian, Rik...)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

How could I forget about Blackadder!..... now Blackadder could possibly be mafia too... with Baldrick as a partner.

Oh and I also forgot to
vote: rite
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

Any thoughts on how many anti-town groups we might have?
Just one death, so there might only be one killing group. Is that very likely for a 20 player game?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:17 am

Post by Talitha »

Cadmium wrote:Okay, with nothing much to go on, I will just vote for the person who I think is most likely the one that came up with the idea to kill Bloojay last night.
Can I ask what your reasons are for this, or is it just a gut feeling?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

Dang I missed all the action.... well it's probably a good thing seeing as i wouldn't really know how to defend myself against a bad case of indigestion..

I will obviously have to point a smallish FOS at Leonidas and Fishbulb.

I will
unvote: rite, vote: MeMe
for the following reasons:

1. (As has already been mentioned) she said nothing to clarify her "hunch" after it started a very quick bandwagon rolling. A player of MeMe's experience would've known that some people may think she had information.

2. After the pressure goes on, she comes forward with her actual reasons for her hunch. Now it may be just me, but she seems to be twisting the intent of my posts to serve her own purposes.
MeMe wrote:As for my reasons on Talitha -- whenever someone minimizes the threat to the town (like she did when suggesting one killing group), I think they might be trying to make us feel all warm and fuzzy -- getting our guard down. Then she questioned Cadmium's thoughts that Quagmire might have killed bloojay -- I made a quick note that she looked like she was watching out for Quagmire. That's it, folks.
Here's what I actually said:
Talitha wrote:Any thoughts on how many anti-town groups we might have? Just one death, so there might only be one killing group. Is that very likely for a 20 player game?
To me, I wasn't minimizing anything, I really wanted to hear people's opinions and was trying to get some discussion going. And why would having only one killing group make the town feel all warm and fuzzy?? It would mean a whole bunch of them working together against us.

And as for asking Cadmium about his reasoning, I wanted to know his reasons for voting Quagmire and whether they were good enough to warrant switching my vote. [quote="Talitha] Can I ask what your reasons are for this, or is it just a gut feeling?[/quote]
How does asking for elaboration on reasoning for a vote mean that I'm trying to protect someone? My intent was the opposite.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #132 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:58 pm

Post by Talitha »

Thoth wrote:The whole bandwagon and ensuing debate happened in a few hours. I find the suggestion of lurking from Leonidas and the FOS from God both a bit 'strange' especially considering Talitha is from another timezone.
Thanks Thoth - exactly what I was going to attempt to explain myself. Nice to have someone do it for me.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

I just have to say I'm enjoying this game immensely already. :D

Secondly, now that I've had some sleep, MeMe's actions aren't seeming quite as bad as I first thought.

unvote: MeMe
FOS: MeMe
vote: CurtainDog
for his reasons for voting for d8p. He seems to be looking at it from a different "perspective" to me.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #154 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

CurtainDog wrote:@ Talitha, Cadmium, et al... : Given a definite rule regarding role selection, the mafia can now make up roles with more confidence.
I disagree... with or without the clarification from DP this theme is about as broad as it gets. I don't think role claims were ever going to be difficult for scum to make up.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #173 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:44 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm happy with my vote on CurtainDog for the time being.
My second choice would be Leonidas for his strange vote on Dragon Slayer earlier.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #179 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:20 pm

Post by Talitha »

CurtainDog - If you get lynched today and have a useful pro-town role, nobody will be more sorry than me.
CurtainDog wrote:And just like Bloojay my role matches my character pretty darn closely. So naturally I'd be suspicious of people who try and play down this relationship.
I don't understand what you're saying here.. duhh sorry.. can you rephrase please.

Seeing as CurtainDog has already claimed a useful role, is there any harm in a full role claim??
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:07 pm

Post by Talitha »

It seems that we definitely do have a 2 horse race here...

1. Fishbulb. I have played in a couple of games with him and also watched him in Newer York, and yes it is in his nature to be lacking in confidence and more of a follower than a leader, even when he is protown. Although I haven't ever seen how he acts as scum, I haven't seen anything in his posts that would make me switch my vote to him.

2. CurtainDog. I feel vaguely dissatisfied with this bandwagon that I helped start.... but maybe he's just good at acting innocent. I'd like to hear a roleclaim before deciding whether to unvote.

As the the irrevocable deadline... I could be persuaded to send the mod a PM if someone puts forward a good case.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #215 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:43 am

Post by Talitha »

unvote CD

Requested deadline removal[/b]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #230 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:25 am

Post by Talitha »

That sounded like slightly more than a hunch this time!

vote: Fishbulb
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #234 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:24 pm

Post by Talitha »

Leonadis: First you "Hmm" and confirm vote for Dragon Slayer yesterday without giving any explanation, now you're "Hmm"ing and confirm voting for me without any reason or explanation. And how can you "confirm vote" for me when it's a new day and you weren't even voting for me at the end of yesterday? :?

FOS: Leonadis - Until he stops saying "Hmm" and starts posting what's on his mind.

Dragon Slayer: Unless I am mistaken, MeMe's post suggests that she blocked Fishbulb last night. Since there were no kills it makes Fishbulb a good suspect.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #236 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:38 pm

Post by Talitha »

Leonidas: Sorry about the speeling :)

I am also sorry that if you are a cop, you are not sane.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #238 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

Oh hang on. You may have received information about my character, rather than my alignment? Yeah apparently I'm not the nicest character out there... well most reporters are thought of as scum aren't they?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #240 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK OK.... cops are allowed to Hmm :)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #242 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:48 pm

Post by Talitha »

I did, I am a reporter. A one-shot
yes that's right, one-shot
reporter.
Damien Day in fact, from Drop the Dead Donkey. Described on the bbc website as an unprincipled, ambitious, glory-driven egotist. But pro-town none-the-less.

If you would like me to prove myself I can use my one-shot tonight and reveal the full role of person of the town's choice tomorrow (assuming I live).
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #244 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:08 pm

Post by Talitha »

Aren't you going to say whether my claim is consistent with your result, before the lynch mob arrive?

BTW, please take the description of my character on that webpage with a grain of salt.... I'm sure the part about killing small animals, etc, is just supposed to be funny.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #253 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:37 am

Post by Talitha »

Just checking in before school to make sure I wasn't lynched yet!

@ Those who want me to prove my role tonight.... any thoughts on who should I investigate? Please bear in mind that I
have to
post the results the next day, whether I want to or not.

Also Leonidas has already confirmed my role, what he hasn't confirmed is my pro-town-ness. We may have lynched yesterday the only person who could prove that I am pro-town :( CurtainDog did say that he thought I was innocent though, so it's possible he investigated me Night 1.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #260 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:48 pm

Post by Talitha »

I just remembered that Leo found another cop on Night 1.. Seargent Bob Louie from The Detectives. I certainly wouldn't mind if they wanted to check up on me (assuming they can). They would only need to out themselves to report me if they found I was scum (which won't happen)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #263 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hmm.... the same thing is being said about mathcam in mini #70 atm.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #266 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

Dourgrim wrote:... I'm a bit lost on the whole Talitha situation. The character she's claiming doesn't sound much like a pro-Town type to me...
Remember Vizzini in the Princess Bride? You can't lynch me just because my role is not as lovely and pure as Princess Buttercup.
And why would a reporter be anti-town?
Dourgrim wrote:and has anyone gotten a confirmed "guilty" result on Fishbulb that would make him a more attractive lynch? Right now we have suspicions about him but an
investigation
on Talitha... the choice seems clear to me. Am I missing something here?
This
investigation
revealed my role name only... I willingly came forward with my role when asked to.... I can't see why you think I'm the clear choice to lynch.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #267 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:24 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm in somewhat of a dilemma...
If I use my investigation on MeMe, all I prove is that I wasn't lying about my ability, not necessarily that I am pro-town. And it doesn't really help the town at all.. and gives the mafia a confirmed innocent to target.
If I use my ability on someone I find suspicious I might get lucky and find a scum, or I might be very unlucky and have to expose an innocent townie tomorrow.
If I state who I am going to investigate, and that person is scum, then I am as good as dead, but at least that person would be looked at closely the next day.
If I don't state who I am going to investigate, or choose to investigate no-one then I will probably be killed anyway.

In short, whatever I do will probably be wrong. I think this is the most difficult role I've ever had.. possibly excluding the one where I got bitten by a rabid rodent.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #314 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

Can I just interject here and say that my "claim" has been confirmed... so being easy-to-find is not a valid argument.

Secondly, if I were going to make up something I would have chosen a character who was obviously pro-town. Like a nurse or something.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #320 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

*hopes that Fishbulb is lying in a desperate attempt to... uhhh.. dunno*
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #328 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hmmm... interesting. Was that an attempt to incriminate me? Anyway, thanks scum for killing your own spy, HA!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #334 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:30 am

Post by Talitha »

Well when I saw that mathcam (my intended investigation target as proposed by Leo) was dead, the first thing that sprang to my mind was that they killed him so that either
1) my investigation results were useless and posting them would give no credibility to me
or 2) to make it look like i had lied about my ability and had killed mathcam to cover it up.

To answer the question of whether my investigation is used up -- I was very tempted to say "yes" and just make up something to post for mathcam's role (to make myself a non-target for scum).
However, I know I'm still under a cloud of suspicion here so I will be completely honest. No i did not use my investigation last night... I was too concerned about having to expose a useful pro-town role. Plus I figured that if mathcam was scum, I was dead anyway.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #337 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:00 pm

Post by Talitha »

Edith would have to be pro-town. And she's French so that clinches it.
Vive la restistance!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #338 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

Coolbot - I post the information.
I checked with DP the consequences of not posting and what happens is I would get mod-killed and DP would post the info anyway.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #340 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:18 pm

Post by Talitha »

MeMe, No, I wasn't thinking far enough ahead about how my results would be received later on if I lied and made up a role for mathcam today.
I was purely thinking of self-preservation, and of course of preserving my investigation ability. It would be much more useful if I could live long enough to use it a lot later in the game.
I was just trying to be completely honest in the hope that it would make me seem less suspicious. Alas.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #343 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:20 pm

Post by Talitha »

Anyone else want to FOS me? Form a queue here please.... :?

So Fishbulb was Capt. Darling from Blackadder Goes Forth.. the Blackadder as a military man series. That explains the shootings. I expect that Blackadder & Baldrick would be in league with him, that's if the mafia all come from the same show.

And because I was bored and just read the thread I am going to
FOS: Quagmire
for lack of participation and
vote: Dragon Slayer
(just a gut feeling)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #358 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

Leonidas wrote:And now to us, Talitha. If you do not investigate tonight (And I think I should pick whom, since I know some innocents by now), I swear I'll be waiting for you with a very special French breakfast in the morning.
Leo, just to be perfectly clear,
you are aware of the fact that I must post my results, in full, the next day, whether the person is scum or not?

It is my call when I use my investigation, and I will do so when I think it is
in the best interests of the town to do so

Having said that, if 3 or 4 more people add their voices to Leo's call for me to investigate tonight I will do so.
I agree that you (Leo) would be a good person to choose the target, but I suggest that you give me 3 names for me to choose from, not just one. That way the scum cannot be certain who I am going to investigate. (If they know who I am going to investigate they may kill them to discredit me, or kill me so I can't reveal!)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #359 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

MeMe wrote:...but I don't want to give Talitha a free pass. Her role was iffy enough for Leo to out her yesterday, and her explanation today just doesn't ring true.
My explanation of what? Of why I didn't investigate? Of why I considered lying? It would help me to defend myself if you were more specific.
MeMe wrote:What happens if there's a speed lynch the day after she investigates and she doesn't have time to post the result before the day ends? Or if she's unavailable for a while and can't post the result? She's mod killed immediately? And when has she failed...if it's not in her first post? Does she get mod-killed during the day and, if so, does it end the day? Does she get killed the following night for failing?
I'm not going to fail, so you don't need to worry about any of this.
MeMe wrote:Plus, she said she checked with DP on how her role works...has anyone ever had to get clarification from DP on how their role works? In my experience, he's crystal clear...and even if he weren't, wouldn't she have asked him to explain before the game began
The only reason I ckecked with DP is because I was agonizing over whether I should do what I was told and investigate mathcam last night. I wanted to know what the consequences would be if I broke the rules and did not post. I was prepared to take a mod-kill, but I didn't want DP to blacklist me and ban me from all his future games etc.
I had no reason to ask this before the game because I did not know that I would be fingered by a cop and need to prove myself so early.
MeMe wrote:I thought she was suspicious day one. Day two, I
knew
Fishbulb was a better target. Day one, she thought it was irresponsible for a player of my experience to vote on a "hunch" -- today, she votes DS on a "gut feeling."
That's unfair.. I never said it was irresponsible of you to vote on a hunch. It was your behaviour after the bandwagon started rolling that I thought wasn't quite right, and I said that a player of your experience would've known that people may think you were a cop.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #368 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:53 pm

Post by Talitha »

MeMe wrote:How can you be sure you won't fail? You're in a different time zone and some days can be over in a flash. But let me be clear...It wasn't worry over your possible inability to perform the task that prompted me to ask the questions -- I was pointing out why it's so hard for me to believe that DP would set up a role requirement with so many possible problems. It seems as though it certainly wouldn't be fair for you to be mod-killed in some of the instances I put forward...and yet you offer no explanation of what happens in each of those instances. When are you required to post your results and when does the mod-kill happen? Don't put off the inquiries any longer, Talitha. If your role-claim isn't complete BS you should
at least
be able to answer those questions.
There are rules posted at the start of the game too. What happens if I quote the mod? What happens if I discuss this game outside this thread? Will I get a warning? Will I get mod-killed immediately? Will it end the day?
If you can answer these questions for me, then I'll happily try to answer yours. Give me a break.
And as for being fair... I really don't think DP had "fair" in mind when he designed my role.

And as to your 2nd point, MeMe, about why you wouldn't want to stop a bandwagon, you're trying to go back over an old redundant argument here. Your original point was that I was being hypocritical for voting for Dragon Slayer on a gut feeling. I pointed out that I never criticized you for voting on a hunch so that should be the end of the argument. (Besides if you look back at the day this happened you'll see that I unvoted you and posted why back then.)
God this is frustrating.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #371 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:21 pm

Post by Talitha »

Whatever. If anyone has any
reasonable
questions for me, I'm happy to answer, but I'm done with this particular conversation.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #373 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:07 pm

Post by Talitha »

Heh. Look I
am
frustrated, and it’s mainly because I believe that we are both on the same side here, but there's no way I can prove myself adequately.

I'm asking myself "Would I honestly believe me?" and I really don't know because I am so far immersed into my role that I can't look objectively. But a few people here do seem to believe me, or at least aren't openly disbelieving me.

And I can’t see how or why I am supposed to know
exactly
how DP would deal with someone who breaks the rules. And I feel like it doesn’t matter what I say, you’ll somehow interpret it as scummy.

So yes, I’m kinda giving up. I’m not usually one to walk away from an argument, but I'm tired. Maybe we could try again later?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #378 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

That sounds quite believable, I guess.. dammit.
Unless there's a mason that wants to come forward and say "No No, Dragon Slayer is not a mason with me" I suppose I will
unvote: Dragon Slayer

Why couldn't I be from a
nice
show, like... The Good Life!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #397 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm hesistant to vote for someone of my own choosing right now in case I start another horribly misguided bandwagon. :shock:

vote: Thoth
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #404 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:40 am

Post by Talitha »

I have to admit to being a little suspicious of Cadmium. The reason is that it was his well-argued FOS of Curtaindog that helped decide me to vote for Curtaindog. If my memory serves me correctly, he never voted for Curtaindog... well, he didn't have to, the deadline ensured that he could keep his hands clean.

Just wanted to post my particular leanings.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #422 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:05 pm

Post by Talitha »

Leo, I don't think I should be the one to investigate Dragon Slayer, because I may have to post full role information (ie. names of his buddies) but I've PMed DP to check if this is the case.

I'd still like it if you'd give me more than one option to investigate (to keep the scum guessing). See what happened last night? They killed my intended investigation target... and if you name a scum for me to investigate I'm guessing it will be me who karks it. But if you want to give me only one choice, then that's fine. Takes the responsibility off me in a way.

Doc protection would be nice, but I understand that there are more important people who need protecting.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #424 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

Ah OK. If you like I
can
investigate Dragon Slayer. I have received confirmation that I will not receive or have to reveal the name of the fellow masons (if there are any).
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #452 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'd like to ask Thoth why he is so against claiming. Is it possible for you to claim just the name but not the role? Eg. Dragon Slayer could've simply claimed Barbara Good and we would still have no idea that he was a mason. Or is it obvious from your character name what your role is?
Or is your reluctance to claim on 7/9 votes just a principle thing?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #457 (isolation #43) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:08 pm

Post by Talitha »

*LOVES Neil*
Neil is a pacifist, and he likes Cliff Richard!
unvote: Thoth

FOS: Thoth
some of your buddies..errr, house-mates, are a bit vicious.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #468 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

I like Werebear, Cadmium and Dourgrim better than Kerplunk too... No offense Kerplunk :) Also haven't heard very much from rite.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #473 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:00 pm

Post by Talitha »

Alright - there's something in your reasoning there.. and in the interests of getting the game moving -
vote: Kerplunk
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #485 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:38 pm

Post by Talitha »

I think you're going to have to throw us a bone here Kerplunk. (Eg. a role name.)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #504 (isolation #47) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:51 am

Post by Talitha »

You assume correctly Leo, I have nothing to report.
Might I suggest you tell me my target (or target
s
, preferably) earlier in the day today. I can't see all that much benefit in telling me at the very last minute anyway.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #511 (isolation #48) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

CB wrote:I really don't see why a mafioso would act the way he did vis-a-vis mathcam.
...unless he's a particularly clever mafioso
vote Werebear
[/quote]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #519 (isolation #49) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote:Werebear
*Shrug*

vote:rite
Cos I feel naked without having a vote on... or something
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #535 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

Good work Mr Copper. (Yes tell us name/show please!)

unvote:rite
vote: Quailman

Porro, are you a replacement? for who?
(Sorry if I missed the announcement)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #537 (isolation #51) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:06 pm

Post by Talitha »

DIE SCUM! :D
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #559 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Talitha »

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you some breaking news...

A reliable source has informed me that Coolbot is Officer Crabtree from Allo Allo.... a cop. I regret to be the one to blow his cover.
Signing off - Damien Day
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #560 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:20 am

Post by Talitha »

Just to recap... Dragon Slayer claimed mason. d8p has since died and been revealed mason. Why on earth would we not believe Dragon Slayer's claim? You're going to have to give us a bit more here Werebear.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #573 (isolation #54) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:39 am

Post by Talitha »

Dragon Slayer has already claimed so I can only assume that Werebear & Leonidas want to lynch him. Do you have information that the masons are an anti-town cult or something??!!
C'mon guys it's blatantly obvious that Leonidas believes that Werebear has an information role, and he is in a position to know. Therefore I can't see what you think you're achieving by not telling us anything!!

Re: Doctor Duncan - pro-town doctor would be my guess.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #575 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:58 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yes I figured he was your cop.
(Small point of correction,
we
didn't get rid of mathcam, the mafia did...)

I'm still confused though... d8p was killed by the mafia and revealed as mason. What's the explanation for this? When we lynch Dragon Slayer, will we only be told that he's a mason?

vote: Dragon Slayer

I'm wishing that I could've investigated DS as I got a full role description. Ah well.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #586 (isolation #56) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:29 am

Post by Talitha »

Oh well that was a bit of fun! Chaos and confusion to fit the spirit of British comedy.

unvote: Dragon Slayer
for the second time!

I was pretty sure that God was the 3rd mason too, so don't feel too bad about coming out.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #587 (isolation #57) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:33 am

Post by Talitha »

And yes I am sorry for voting for you again DS.. You're right, it did not make much sense. I had in my head the possibility that you were an anti-town mason group, or that one of you was bad and the others were good (like in Masiastom).
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #612 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:34 pm

Post by Talitha »

bloojay wrote: I use a Random Number Generator to do my choices, i have no idea what #s are chosen or what happens
bloojay wrote:The number is randomly chosen by DP, i am not told what the number is or what it does.
I find it a bit strange that bloojay says he uses a "Random Number Generator" to do his "choices", but that he doesn't know the numbers nor the outcomes.
This just seems really weird...
I am hesistant to vote though... because his role reminds me of mine in that it is hard to decide whether the character would be pro-town.

Bloojay - is there any other information you can give us... about your role or anything at all?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #627 (isolation #59) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:09 am

Post by Talitha »

Agrees with God
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #634 (isolation #60) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by Talitha »

Arnold was a service technician on Red Dwarf (and Lister's immediate line manager). Despite numerous attempts to gain promotion, he always remained lower in rank than even the four ships service robots (Skutters). However, he is almost fanatical about the military and has dreamed of becoming an officer.
In fact, as a service technician, Rimmer was pretty poor. He would give the impression of being conscientious and hardworking, but could never apply himself and his work was always substandard. In fact it was Rimmer who accidentally killed ALL the ships crew when he failed to secure a Drive Plate properly and released a lethal dose of Cadmium II radiation into the ships atmosphere.
Rimmer has always been ineffective and dangerous; he once worked for the Samaritans for an afternoon. He spoke to five people and they all committed suicide! One was even a wrong number. All he only phoned up for was the cricket scores!

http://www.sadgeezer.com/RedDwarf/rimmer.htm

What stands out most to me is the reference to the military... as all our scum so far have been military men...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #637 (isolation #61) » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:06 pm

Post by Talitha »

I think the 6 cop thing is a red herring (a lot of them of them seem to be naive, etc).
FOS: Jeep, CaptainBlicero & Thoth

(BTW: I'm not a cop, I'm a reporter, slight difference, but bringing us down to 5)

A comment of God's earlier got me thinking... and this just might be delirium speaking, but I think the godfather might be the hippie who wears flared trousers! It makes perfect sense.... to me anyway!

So yeah, I'll vote for any of the afore-FOS-ed. Lynch lynch lynch!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #639 (isolation #62) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:44 pm

Post by Talitha »

Or Neil/Thoth is the godfather...

vote: Jeep
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #643 (isolation #63) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:42 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jeep, so far we have discovered 3 scum. We are assuming there are at least 2 left in this size of game.

Of the 9 players left alive we have

3 confirmed innocents:
Dragon Slayer
God
Leonidas

3 semi-confirmed innocents:
Coolbot (I received full role information and he is definitely pro-town)
Talitha (Coolbot will confirm that I knew his role)
Werebear

3 others:
The doc - Captain Blicero or Porro
Arnold Rimmer - Jeep
??? - CaptainBlicero or Porro

As for why I am voting for Jeep, well all the scum so far have been military types, and your character is fanatical about the military. Also, everyone else apart from CaptainBlicero, Porro and Thoth are pretty much cleared in my mind (and one of them is the doctor).

Jeep perhaps you could share with us your abilities/night choices or whatever. I could possibly be convinced to vote for someone else here...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #644 (isolation #64) » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

Oh - 10 alive sorry. I missed Thoth off the list. He's my favourite pick as scum. Neil as the godfather would be hilarious.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #650 (isolation #65) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

Jeep's role sounds vaguely scummy but does not sound like a godfather role to me... And remember we still have an unknown character in either CB or Porro.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #667 (isolation #66) » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:38 am

Post by Talitha »

Here's an idea: why don't we hear Thoth's night abilities. Then we can lynch the one we find least believable.

unvote: Jeep
vote: Thoth
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #673 (isolation #67) » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

It's Monday here... shouldn't be too long until Thoth can post.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #676 (isolation #68) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:24 pm

Post by Talitha »

I didn't really understand any of that post from Thoth. Is it just me?

If there was a hint in your post Thoth it was far too subtle for me sorry.

Didn't Thoth already claim Neil from the Young Ones, or am I going loopy?

IIRC, he claimed after we all knew that Leo could check roles, so I doubt that he would've been lying about it.

So the question remains, Thoth, what are your night abilities?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #719 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:48 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am Damien Day from Drop the Dead Donkey. I am a reporter.
One time during the game I was able to send the mod an email with a player's name and he would reply with the full role information. I had to publish the name and role the next game day whether or not I wanted to.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #730 (isolation #70) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Talitha »

vote: Jeep
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #742 (isolation #71) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:20 pm

Post by Talitha »

Why can't I find anything about Werebear's character on google? Is it misspelled, or do I just suck?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #750 (isolation #72) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

Werebear is Jasper Carrot?? OK, he's good by me.

unvote: Jeep
vote: Captain B.

lynch lynch lynch!!!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #752 (isolation #73) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well, much as I admire and respect the guy, his work here is done, everyone's character has been revealed, unless you masons are lying!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #758 (isolation #74) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

Here is my reporting:
Talitha wrote:
We interrupt this broadcast to bring you some breaking news...

A reliable source has informed me that Coolbot is Officer Crabtree from Allo Allo.... a cop. I regret to be the one to blow his cover.
Signing off - Damien Day
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #760 (isolation #75) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

3) Nope, absolutely not.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #762 (isolation #76) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

Searches the thread
again

I broadcasted on page 23. On page 22 Leo instructed me to investigate Coolbot that night.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #768 (isolation #77) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:55 pm

Post by Talitha »

Also, Jeep's role is not a particularly nice character, and is apparently obsessed with the military.

I haven't played in a DP game before... what is the likelihood that we have a godfather hiding behind an unsuspectable role? Does it always happen? Sometimes happen? Not usually? Or is it probable that CaptainB'stard was the godfather?
Also - because this "Coward" role that Jeep is claiming has been in the last 2 DP games, is it more or less likely to be in this game too?

Grrr @ my inexperience.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #772 (isolation #78) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:48 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hmm I see what Leo meant about it being impossible to lynch Jeep... he's so
believable
.. isn't he. -sigh-

So basically you're telling me that the last mafia could be anybody. Even the person that the mod told me was definitely on the town's side.(Coolbot).

Would you go as far as saying that the last mafia is
probably
an innocent looking character? If so then we have to seriously look at Dragon Slayer... a few of us were suspicious of him early on and it was the mason claim which convinced us of his innocence.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #779 (isolation #79) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:41 am

Post by Talitha »

I received Coolbot's role exactly the same as he received it (or so DP lead me to believe). Including the part that we all got on our role PMs about our win condition. (Won't quote it for fear of mod kill).

Then (in the email I was sent) DP instructed me how to report the role so as to avoid mod-quoting of the role.

The question is, if Coolbot was the godfather, would DP have protected him from being exposed by my investigation? I think probably yes.

If our last scum is one of the cops then my gut feeling is to go for Coolbot over Werebear... I don't have any really big suspicions about either of them, and I know that Werebear is a clever player, but I just feel that if he was scum he would've been more careful about those investigation results of his (Could be a double bluff I know...).
And the way Coolbot went after Fishbulb on Day 1 reminded me a little of how he had no hesitation to lynch his mafia buddy on Day 1 of Simpsons mini.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #780 (isolation #80) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:44 am

Post by Talitha »

Also - I will be away for the next 5 days. Sorry to leave at this stage of the game. I hope you guys will be closer to solving the puzzle when I get back!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #823 (isolation #81) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'll get ya next time DS! :wink:

Thanks I really enjoyed this game... apart from my rather woeful attempts at mafia catching!

Didn't Holly contribute to lynching Arnold? :shock:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”