Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:20 pm

Post by Sofis »

I don't know... it's so untraditional. Do we get to wave pitchforks and flaming torches? That'd make me feel better about the whole thing.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:33 am

Post by Sofis »

Vote: no lynch

Can't we all just be friends?

*hugs IS*

:twisted:

(Disclaimer for people who tend to overanalyze things: This post is a joke. I don't actually think we should avoid lynching, at least not at this point)
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:53 pm

Post by Sofis »

Joke votes are dumb, and bad for the town. If you want to joke, don't vote.

I'd have FoSed no lynch, except that would have looked amazingly stupid :).

From what I gather, the main reason one shouldn't joke-vote is because it often tempts people to jump on ill-reasoned (or not at all reasoned) bandwagons, especially in the case of votes against high-profile players. I feel that the risk of that is entirely absent in this case :). I also doubt Luna is even tallying no-lynch votes at this point, but if it bothers you:
unvote: no lynch

only a lower level GLer would fear Antrax enough to kill him the first night

And I'm not included in your tentative list of innocents? I'm insulted. Lower-level indeed :P.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:55 am

Post by Sofis »

I'm sorry to have offended you, Sofis--I didn't know.

Er, don't worry about it - I wasn't really offended :).

I also suspect I wouldn't be considered a very classy mafia player, as I haven't been in
all that
many mafia games... I was just making a vague objection to the term "lower level".
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:17 am

Post by Sofis »

Well, I suppose I should make a vote, if I want this game to progress...

Perhaps somewhat unsurprisingly, I agree with mikegoo that Sketchwick was being way too serious when he voted me. However, I don't consider it a very strong reason for voting him, especially since he unvoted.
I also think that mikegoo is being too serious with his own vote - and
he
hasn't unvoted (hasn't posted at all, in fact. Perhaps he will unvote when he posts next?). So, for now, I will
vote: mikegoo
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:24 pm

Post by Sofis »

Hmm. It's reasonably believable. DP has five votes, now, with eight to lynch. Since I want to hear his defense before he's lynched, I will not vote just yet, but I will
unvote: mikegoo
and give DP the
finger of I am likely to vote you really soon
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:12 pm

Post by Sofis »

I believe the tall, blonde, skinny person who uses such un-American words as
bloody
and
pansy
goes by the name of Spike.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #95 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 3:53 am

Post by Sofis »

If he was telling the truth, he would be dead by now.

Uh, probably not. It's a pretty common tactic for the mafia to not kill people who are likely to get lynched.
That said, I certainly don't trust Sketchwick, but I'd like to hear the results of his (claimed) investigation, before we lynch him (if that is what we decide to do, which seems likely), so I won't vote for him just yet.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:07 pm

Post by Sofis »

It doesn't really make sense to keep him alive. Even if he found the serial killer, he would only reveal him if he felt it to be in the best interests of the mafia - which won't necessarily be the case, especially since he'd get lynched the very next day.

Vote: Sketchwick
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:03 pm

Post by Sofis »

For what it's worth, Sketchwick said (in post 100) that finding a mafia member is what would cause him to join them.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:12 pm

Post by Sofis »

I'd like for Pudd'nhead Wilson to reveal his role clearly, because the hintage is not giving me much of anything... I'd vote for him to encourage this, except I don't think it would work, on account of him being one vote away from lynching. Getting killed makes most people go very quiet :).
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #127 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:40 am

Post by Sofis »

Gah. Damn you jeep, I was about to say that.

Vote: Pudd'nhead Wilson
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:25 pm

Post by Sofis »

Hmm. Yesterday, jeep mentioned suspicions towards Puddn'head Wilson and Angel Fish. He turned out to be completely correct about Mr. Wilson, which might be considered a reason for voting for Angel Fish today... however, I seldom trust my own gut feelings, so voting for someone because of someone else's gut feeling is not very high on my list of mafia strategies...

What else...
The bandwagon against Puddn'head came into being extremely quickly. It went from nonexistance to four votes in four consecutive posts, even though there wasn't much (any) reasoning to back it up. So that is kind of suspicious. Those four posts are also kind of interesting, in that two of them mention suspicions towards other members of said group of four (Soothsayer suspects jeep suspects Angel Fish. Poki just says baaaah).

Other than that, nothing noteworthy happened last round (as far as I can see). Not enough for me to vote anyone yet, but I thought I'd post something to help keep the thread floating while I go off to think some more...
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #136 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:24 pm

Post by Sofis »

jeep wrote:However, Sofis was at the end of Sketch's bandwagon (trying to look innocent?)

I'm not sure how that makes me look innocent...
I didn't vote Sketchwick at first since I wanted him to claim results before being lynched, and once I saw the post where he admitted to being evil (seven hours after it was made), I voted for him.

jeep wrote:and then tried to put suspicion on me based on Sketch's revealing that he investigated me.

I did? I'm pretty sure I didn't intend to. Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else (like Puddn'head in post 111)? The only post I made on that subject was 113 which, admittedly, pointed out a flaw in your idea about what happened that night, but calling it "trying to put suspicion on" is quite a stretch.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #162 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:54 pm

Post by Sofis »

Well, Sofis is next on my list of suspects.

Yeah, and we all saw how reliable your list of suspects was yesterday, didn't we?

Remind me, what was your reasons for suspecting me again? Oh yeah, me being at the end of Sketchwick's bandwagon (so was mole, I don't see you suspecting him) and me "[trying ]to put suspicion on [you] based on Sketch's revealing that he investigated [you]",
which is completely untrue.

Jeep, your reasoning sucks. Come up with something better or admit that you're stabbing (hah) in the dark.

Big FOS to quercitron for hiding behind jeep.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #164 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:15 pm

Post by Sofis »

Your defense actually made me even more convinced of your guilt

You... are really going out of your way to not make sense, aren't you? Pointing out how your reasoning is faulty convinces you that I'm guilty? The way you refuse to even respond to my rebuttal of your arguments against me is pathetic.

Also, I'm not very close to being lynched, I'm halfway to being lynched. I'm not going to claim a role until either
a) Someone comes up with some argument against me that isn't utterly ridiculous or
b) At least two more people assure me that they find jeep's reasoning to be quite stellar and that they have no problems voting for me based on it.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #167 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:46 pm

Post by Sofis »

:roll:
Well, claiming a role in order to move the game along is at least a better reason than doing it because of jeep's "reasoning".

I'm Angel. As long as I'm alive, Buffy has a very good chance of surviving night attacks. If I'm dead, not as good. I wasn't given any specific percentages.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #169 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:11 pm

Post by Sofis »

Well, considering that Buffy is a powerful role*, I think it makes sense to give her extra protection since her death would be a hard blow to the town.

*) That's an assumption, by the way. I don't know what Buffy does, but if I had to venture a guess, I'd say it involves slaying vampires :).
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #173 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:05 pm

Post by Sofis »

Angel was not around much in Season 3...

I'd have to disagree with that... he was only in hell for the first three episodes, and while he spent a lot time of brooding in his mansion, he was involved in quite a few important plot points that season.
Also, consider this: while Xander and Cordelia (who were mentioned earlier in this thread as potential roles) may have had more screen time, I think they would be less likely to be roles, since they have no powers. If they were roles, what would they do?
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #175 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:51 am

Post by Sofis »

Episode transcripts here. Angel returns at the very end of the third episode (of the third season).
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #179 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:50 am

Post by Sofis »

Hmm. Will think and vote tomorrow. I'm going to bed now.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #181 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:56 pm

Post by Sofis »

Vote: quercitron

Quercitron and JDTAY seem most suspicious to me, mostly from gut feeling. The only concrete thing I can point to is quercitron not taking responsiblity for his votes, which is why I'm voting him. I'm likely to switch to JDTAY if day starts dragging, or it's necessary in order to lynch (how many votes are needed to lynch at deadline?).
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #182 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:59 am

Post by Sofis »

yours truly wrote:if day starts dragging

I jinxed it, didn't I?
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #188 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:23 am

Post by Sofis »

I'm paying attention...
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #196 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:23 pm

Post by Sofis »

Hee. Mathematics rules :). See, by the time I had to claim a role, I had deduced that Angel could not be one of the roles in the game (unless quercitron was lying), so I could safely claim that role.
I think it helped us that we always had JD/Mr. Trick do the night kills, thus keeping the exact extent of our group secret.

mole wrote:Ouch. Wasn't sure if JD was mafia... should have gone after him instead. Or continued to be a coward.

I don't think being a coward would have helped - you were our target this night.
What was your role, exactly, anyway?
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #199 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:47 am

Post by Sofis »

I thought you were Buffy mostly because you had to be either Buffy or Oz, and you didn't really behave like you were a mason together with jeep. Though the disbelief helped, as I was expecting it. I was of course ready with various defenses had Buffy come out and denounced me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”