WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Wed May 17, 2006 10:51 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Hey, Day!

Vote: Mariyta
- post 18 looks like fishing for a cop claim.
armlx wrote:/me lurks until we can play mafia and not role specualte.... I have no clue about anything from the series....
I always wonder why people sign up for themes they have no clue about... :roll:
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Thu May 18, 2006 7:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote:I spy,
With my little eye
A scum, who should soon die.

And in this way
I doubt I will vote elsewhere today
Except on our dear friend
Vote: Mr Flay

And to not be so obtuse
I offer you a muse
For latter thoughts for you to peruse.
Yamahako wrote:If we assume that The Forsaken are the Mafia, perhaps the black ajah are a cult and Padan Fain is an SK?
The motivation is plain to see
The black ajah is neither you nor me
rather this man it be.

For he hides in impossibilities
While tossing out incorrect realities
Just wait till you see the words into which he flees.

The man tries to flavor talk
So freely his group can walk
But we must call him, and make him balk.
So you think you've caught scum on Day One without any consideration for sanity, efficacy, etc? If you want to lynch me on Tamuz' untested word, fine (it'll get me off the "Flay's never been lynched Day One! Burn the witch!" bandwagons), but don't come crying to me when you end up killing a townsperson. And with what I believe about what Mariyta was doing, you've now given protective roles a choice of two targets for the next night. With as many killing roles as we've got in this game, that means someone will die. Well done.
mystery meat of doom wrote: Because we like playing mafia. Hard to grasp isn't it?

Vote: Mr. Flay.. That's eight.

FOS: Tamuz Last time I saw a rythming role they were mafia.
There are a lot of games here on this site. Why play a complex theme you know nothing about? Also, major
FOS: mmod
for voting me and putting suspicion on Tamuz at the same time. If you don't believe him, why are you voting me?

I'm not going to say anything further about the setup right now becausde the larger issue of whether or not you all want to lynch me will just taint/confuse what I have to say.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Thu May 18, 2006 10:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mariyta wrote:Wow. Pretty strong reply, Flay. Cranky much?
Yeah, I tend to get cranky when a bandwagon grows almost to lynch on me when I'm not even here. Funny, that.

If Tamuz is going to stake my life on his role, I'd like to hear more from him about exactly what "evidence" he thinks he has. Themed cops can be false for all number of reasons (Soothsayer in Reservoir Dogs, Gabriel in Nativity, Eowyn (I think) in Minas Tirith), and if he's in fact Thom Merillin, I can see possible vendettas that would "cloud" his judgment.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Fri May 19, 2006 4:37 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

For once Fritzler and I agree.
Unvote: Mariyta, Vote: Karn1
. Opportunistic much?

mystery meat, I'm confused. If you believe him, what was the point of casting an FOS at him when you (apparently) thought he'd led you to scum? It looks like hedging your bets to me.

Yamahako has a good point about the nature of Tamuz' role, but I don't think we should give him any more ideas before he comes back and explains what's going on here (in verse, if necessary). I still say a cop coming out D1 with a finger pointed at someone in a large theme game is Bad Play(tm). Investigators are neither that reliable nor that invulnerable.

PJ: Sorry for breaking your stride, I'd have done the same in your place but wanted to get my suspicions out there (I'll always prefer a small reason to vote D1 rather than a random).
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Sat May 20, 2006 1:18 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote:Karn may very well too be scum
If you believe so, I support kicking his bum
make sure the man does not have enough rum

And note too I am no gleeman
But by now if one claims via a bandvan
the chance of scum is not a scam.
I haev no idea what these two standings are supposed to say. I'm guessing that "bandvan" is a way of saying bandwagon that fits the rhyme scheme; but what's the deal with the rum?

Now that we've established that there's no investigation on me, can some of the scum back off my wagon please? Jeez.

Karn1 or Broomhead are my plays for the day at this point. I don't know if Tamuz is even allowed to tell us what his role does, but this seems too bizarre to be a scum ploy D1; it's got to be some sort of misunderstood role.

Karn1, check your profile settings to see if you've disable BBCode there.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Mon May 22, 2006 4:06 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Albert the Great wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking mind control here. Definitely don't lynch Flay just yet.
Wow like Mariyta I had no idea that was possible.
Anything's possible in a Theme Park game. There have been vote controllers, vote switchers, and target redirectors before. That's why I got so frustrated at everybody leaping on the "obvious" scum investigation.

If I had to guess, I'd say one of the Forsaken/Black Ajah could use Compulsion to mind-control someone. That would be another point in favor of Tamuz being pro-town, or at least a non-channeler.
Albert the Great wrote:Sorry I was away for the weekend. It involves parents, internet connection, and finals at school. :shock:
petroleumjelly wrote:1.) Albert the Great (fishing at my role and FoSing for "not explaining", for supplying Tamuz the possible role-claim of Thom Merrelin, tell Tamuz "well done" for what might have been a
random
investigation [therefore not making it 'well done' at all])
The reason I was saying well done is at the time, when I first read the post, I thought it was "well done" as in well written. However, at this point in time, now that people have had the chance to analyze the post, that in my opinion is still "well done", my vote will change.
Unvote
. Also the Thom Merrilin role. IT WAS A GUESS!!! And so far all Tamuz has done is deny it. (see post 105 stanza 6)
But why propose a role for someone else at all? At best you're offering scum information that may not have had about someone else's role, and confirmed that you're not Thom; at worst you could be helping a scumbuddy with a false claim. I'm not saying it's likely, but that's one reason it's suspicious.

Serious suspicions on Max, though. Page 5 and he makes a "hi I'm here, what's the vote count?" post. Either he's got zero clue or he's playing dumb, either way he's Not Helpful.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Wed May 24, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm also wildly confused by that last vote count. Is armlx supposed to be on there twice??

Anyway, I'll be almost completely absent from the site until Saturday afternoon - our big conference I've been going crazy preparing for starts this afternoon.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #200 (isolation #7) » Sun May 28, 2006 9:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Wow. Good catch on Karn's random vote, PJ. Anyone not voting for him at this point will be highly suspect if he comes up scum after all of this. Ordinarily I wouldn't keep my vote on a claimed cop, but a claimed cop who votes for his night investigation is easy-peasy.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #218 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Bah!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #966 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

WHAAAAT???
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #995 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:07 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote:I was assuming I would stay unrevealed if I died so claiming Masema was a much safer bet than Thom assuming I died.

My night choices (I believe)
Flay (fail)
none
Yos (fail)
MBL
mmod
Ghyrt (fail)
Fritz (fail)
Anon

So it isn't like a really had an easy time with so many channelers who I couldn't recruit, which is why I had to play ballsy with the rhymes so I would live. 2 of my 8 possibilities died N1 and my computer meltdown killed my N2
Yeah, but as a cultist that
didn't die
when you targeted scum, you became a cultist cop which is nearly unbeatable...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”