ee cummings
David Mamet
The Daily Bugle
Brian Jacques
God
Mark Z. Danielewski
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Rucks
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 17 times in total.
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Author Mafia

modded by: Untrod Tripod
backup modded by: Faraday
reviewed by: Faraday, RedCoyote, quadz08

Still Alive (8/24):

Shaft
Christopher Marlowe

Thomas Pynchon
Edgar Allan Poe
Spinning Paper
Charlie Kaufmann
Oscar Wilde
Mark Z. Danielewski
Rucks

Gone but not forgotten (16/24):

Spoiler:
Terry Goodkind,
Neutral Rape Enthusiast
, killed by a "chicken that is not a chicken" pre-game
Bret Easton Ellis,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1
David Foster Wallace,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1
The Daily Bugle,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 1
Jane Austen,
Mafia Roleblocker
, killed in gladiatorial combat Day 2
William Shakespeare,
Mafia 2-shot Strongman
, lynched Day 2
Gregory Williamson,
One-shot Lightning Rod
, killed Night 2
James Joyce,
Mafia Jack-of-All-Trades
, lynched Day 3
Gertrude Stein,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 4
Marion Zimmer Bradley,
Doctor
, killed Night 4
Lemony Snicket,
Mafia Watcher
, lynched Day 5
Dr Seuss,
1-shot Gladiator
, killed Night 5
Confucius
Moliere
Prostitute
, killed Night 5
Hulk Hogan,
Mafia Fruit Vendor
, lynched Day 6
God,
1-shot neighborizer
, killed Night 6
EL James,
Nurse
, died Night 6
TS Eliot,
2-shot Mafia Ninja
, lynched Day 7

Books burned:

Nobody, hopefully.

General Rules

1) Starting and Ending States:
All roles that can communicate at Night may do during pregame. The game will end when one faction has fulfilled its win condition, unless otherwise specified.
2) Day Procedures:
Each player may discuss the game and cast a single vote at a time against people they want to lynch. Day ends when either the deadline hits or a strict majority of the votes are on one person.
3) Voting:
Votes should be in
bold
in order for them to count, for instance:
Vote: HP Lovecraft
. You may also use the VOTE: tags if you desire. If you wish to vote for a different player, you don't need to unvote. As long as I can tell who you're voting for, I don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
4) No Lynch:
As an alternative to voting for someone, you may
Vote: No Lynch
, but for it to take effect, enough players must vote No Lynch that it would be impossible to form any other majority.
5) Deadlines:
D1 deadline will be 4 weeks. Every day from then on will have a strict deadline of 3 weeks, unless a ridiculous amount of replacements are needed.
6) Mass Inactivity:
In an act of pure villainy, I may shorten the deadline if I deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if I want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7) Deadline Lynches:
If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline, the result is No Lynch and the game proceeds to Night. Deadlines are there for a reason.

8) Twilight:
After someone receives the majority vote, everyone may still discuss the game, but votes and unvotes will not be considered - the person voted for by the majority will be lynched regardless. Twilight will last until I waltz in and post a death scene (which can be quite short, but never really long)

9) Night Length and Procedures:
The topic will be locked at Night. If your Role PM specifies that you have a Night Action, you may follow the instructions on that PM to use it. Barring extenuating circumstances, Nights will not last longer than 3 RL days.
10) Night Action Resubmission:
If you have to PM a choice to the mod (i.e. the name of someone you want to kill/protect/investigate), you may change your choice at any time during the Night by sending The Mod another PM with the new choice. The most recent choice will be honored.
11) Night Action Priority:
This game will use
Spoiler: this NAR
Copy
Hide
Bus
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Doctor
Recruit
Inspect

12) Bolding Stuff:
Bolding something is how you get the mod to notice it. It's that simple.
13) Mod Color:
If The Mods needs to edit your post, it will be done in
b
o
l
d
e
d
r
a
i
n
b
o
w
f
o
n
t
. Don't impersonate me, or I'll cut off your thumbs and feed them to you.
14) Activity, Prods, and Replacements:
You will be prodded if three days have passed since your last post. You will be replaced if you do not post after another 24 hours, or if you need to be prodded three times throughout the game. If you know ahead of time that you will not be able to participate for at least 48 hours, go ahead and announce it in-thread so nobody (such as the mod) thinks you're lurking. I reserve the right to blacklist flakers or people who maliciously replace out.
15) "Last Words" for replacements:
If you request replacement, you may PM me a message that you would like to have passed on to the person who replaces you.
16) "Bah!" Posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Unless your role specifically states you can keep talking/voting/playing parcheesi with me, you are allowed one informationless "bah" post and then scram til endgame. Special mechanics can of course overlap
17) Outside Discussion:
Don't discuss this game outside of this thread with anyone unless your Role PM lets you do otherwise.
18) Post Editing:
Editing or deleting posts is not allowed (and usually not possible). Doublepost with your changes instead.
19) Mod and PM quoting:
For role PMs, If you quote it, you will be modkilled. You can send me the reformulation (I'm pretty loose with reformulation) and I will tell you if posting it is allowed or if it needs further modifications. If you quote a PM from me, you will be terminated (barring questions about rules or something).
20) Modkills:
Breaking any of the above three rules (or flagrantly violating Rule 16) will result in you getting modkilled. Modkills can be retroactive. If a living player breaks any of these rules, the day may or may not end, depending on what would disadvantage that player's faction the most. In addition, getting modkilled results in an instant loss for that player, along with my general hatred. In short, follow the rules, don't be a dick.
21) Small/Invisible text:
You may use smaller text if it amuses you, as long as it's not meant to bypass a rule. As in, no hidden messages or shit like that. I will fuck you up for fucking with my game.
22) Win Mentality:
Play to win.
23) Policy:
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
24) Setup Design:
The roles were fully randomized. There is no correlation between author and role. Do not try to outguess the mod.
25) Flavor:
As you all know, you are required to post in the style of your chosen author. This is a post restriction. I hope this does not become an issue, but if you repeatedly refuse to post in this manner, I will be forced to replace you.

This is a sample role PM.
Salutations,

I am writing to you because I am a great admirer of your work. I would like to extend to you a very special opportunity. I am making arrangements to collect two dozen of time's greatest authors so that you can present your craft to other masters of the written word and get criticism. This should alter the course of your career and make you even stronger than you were before. You need not reply to this missive. An agent will be arriving shortly.

Pack warm,
X

You have no special abilities.

Active Powers:
1. Suffrage

Passive Powers:
2. You win with the town
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 36 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

The game will not start until every alt account is made.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Christopher Marlowe

Thomas Pynchon

Shakespeare

David Foster Wallace

Edgar Allan Poe

James Joyce

Moliere

Bret Easton Ellis

Lemony Snicket

Charlie Kaufmann

Oscar Wilde

Dr. Seuss

Gregory Williamson

Gertrude Stein

Tommy Wiseau

Jane Austen

ee cummings

David Mamet

The Daily Bugle

Brian Jacques

God

Mark Z. Danielewski

Marion Zimmer Bradley

Rucks

has made an alt account

has confirmed
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:07 am, edited 22 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:12 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 1It is with some reticence that I commit my tale to the page. I am not sure what good it might do mankind, but I can only hope that my account will help them make sense of this maleficence. When the authorities throw back the coffin-lid of the last fortnight of my life, maybe this will help them understand not to investigate further into this maelstrom of horror and insanity. I pray they will burn this place down and seal it up. I would dream of cleansing were my dreams not so dark of late. Even the things I saw, which were only the barest sliver of the repugnant monstrosities contained on the outskirts of my tale, threaten to drive me mad and I dare not sleep for fear of the lurking eldritch horrors which caress and coo at the fraying edges of my sanity, tugging each dangling thread of my mind, accelerating my inevitable downfall into slack jawed madness and insanity. I will include my relevant diary entries in hopes of not having to rewrite the whole of my tale

Diary Entry 2I received a telegram this morning. This came as a shock to me, as I have been engrossed in my work as of late and have not had time for normal socializing or carousing about the town, as I am generally wont to do. The telegram was written in a very strange, even script. After glancing at it and noticing the dubious nature of its aesthetic, I ran back to the door to catch the telegram deliverer, who was strangely nowhere to be found on busy street outside of my stoop. The telegram read thusly:
Salutations,

I am writing to you because I am a great admirer of your work. I would like to extend to you a very special opportunity. I am making arrangements to collect two dozen of time's greatest authors so that you can present your craft to other masters of the written word and get criticism. This should alter the course of your career and make you even stronger than you were before. You need not reply to this missive. An agent will be arriving shortly.

Pack warm,
X

As I mulled over who might have sent me this bizarre summons, I noticed that the paper on which the message was written was of a very curious feel and weight and even the ink was a foreign color to me. The manner of its printing was wholly unknown to me. I found myself slightly dizzied by these strange things, so I made my way to the phone in my entryway and dialed the number for my elderly bachelor uncle, a professor of some renown who resides currently in Arkham, Mass, where he teaches the anthropology of printmaking at Miskatonic University. I got him at his office, and after a lengthy aside about his current work tracing the origins of the paper and ink used in certain occult books at their library, spoke to him about the unusual paper I received earlier today. Though my uncle, doubtlessly as a product of his advanced age and his tiring work with abhorrent African and Middle Eastern folklore, often is reticent to be aroused to much excitement, his voice picked up quite a bit as I recounted the details of the morning and he badgered me with questions about the invitation I received. He wished to see it as soon as possible, as his expert eyes could no doubt reveal new revelations as to its origin that mine could not. He has arranged to meet me at the Arkham train station late tonight, and I will seek passage on the 6:00 PM train.

Diary Entry 3Sadly, the arranged meeting with my uncle was not to be. As I was leaving the house, darkness took me. I was bashed about the head by some nefarious henchman whose face I never saw and secreted away in God knows what vessel to the strange house spoken of in the foreboding telegram. Fortunately, the accommodations are quite civilized, though I don't like the perverse way in which the Negroid butlers leer at me, and the writers have been both illuminating in discussion and seemingly ignorant to the machinations of this strange plot. We each have received a room of our own, which contained a book detailing the rules of the house, and mercifully were outfitted with gaslamps and sinks in addition to the usual guestroom accomodations. Our absent host has even provided all of us with a complete wardrobe, though I shudder to think of how he could have known our measurements to the exactitude which he seems to. And I am curious as to exactly what is happening behind the thin-lidded eyes of our host's numerous and furtive maids, whose Asiatic origins cause my mind to wander to the stories my uncle told me about the strange cults and the undying shaman in the high mountains of Tibet.
Our host did not give us details to what, exactly he was gaining from our imprisonment here, but our instructions were to conduct workshops of our various writings, and that we have done faithfully, stopping only to consume the strange meals which we always find at the long dark dining table, thought we have never seen a kitchen nor cooking staff.
The last workshop today was on a middle aged man with a long topknot and a beard, whose winding tales the bulk of us found to be childish and lacking in any plot worth mentioning. He insisted that if we actually dove into the depth of his characterization, we would understand his genius. What I found to be the most disturbing about his writing however wasn't its paper-thin denizens and his bizarre fascination with rape and gore, but the fact that all of the women portrayed in his writings were described as being either generously endowed or comically buxom. This is to say nothing of the men, all of whom were various degrees of strapping and broad. I brought this to his attention, to which he responded
Terry Goodkind wrote:"I find that the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies"
a remark to which I had no way of responding.
At that point of the day, we were entering into the late hours, long after many of us had quietly slipped off to our rooms to adorn ourselves in our eveningwear, and many of us were sipping cocktails while we tried, gently, to explain to this troubled man that rape was not acceptable to use as a plot device in every single situation he wrote. Though we were growing comfortable in our new roles, a certain uneasiness had settled over the group, a foreboding which tickled at the corners of our minds as we tried to ignore the fact that we were here under very dubious circumstances and our absent host had done nothing to ease our minds and assure us that no harm would befall us here. A gnawing fear was growing in the pit of my stomach, and I urged my companions that perhaps we should retire to our rooms, and perhaps our host would be here tomorrow to explain everything. They reluctantly agreed, and we trudged slowly back to our rooms, wary of each other. I will ensure that I lock my door tightly tonight and sleep lightly. I did not at all like the hungry way in which the servants stared at me, which is to say nothing of which I thought Terry might do to my nether regions, if given the opportunity.

Diary Entry 4Horror and tragedy has fallen upon us! After an uneventful night, apart from some curious and disquieting noises I heard from the hallway and downstairs, I and the other guests emerged from our rooms to begin another day of workshopping. Nothing could have prepared us for what we saw. I can barely transcribe it, but I feel that it might be important later, so I will try. We found the very same writer whom we had all offered our best criticism to only the night before, sprawled out upon the blood-soaked writing table with unspeakable injuries to his person. A few in our number fainted straight away, and the rest of us had to avert our eyes in order to keep from losing our senses, which had already been stressed by the bizarre and trying events of the day before. One brave among us, though I do not know who, as I could not look even for a moment at the mangled corpse, walked to the table in order to better examine the scene. This person pulled a scrap of paper from underneath the desecrated corpse, and read what I can only assume were the words upon it
Terry Goodkind wrote:The chicken which is not a chicken...it is scum!
Poor stupid Terry, not even able to properly describe a scene even in his last moments.
We know not what to do at this point other than continue our grim work. Carefully, knowing that at least one in our number is a murderer. I hope I can transcribe more of these events as they unfold. For now...I will watch in shaking horror.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 am, edited 9 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:16 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch. Deadline is 10/22 at 5PM EST.

Play Mafia!
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:09 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 1Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
David Foster Wallace - 1 (God)
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (The Daily Bugle)
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Bret Easton Ellis - 0
Lemony Snicket - 1 (David Mamet)
Charlie Kaufmann - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (David Foster Wallace)
Gregory Williamson - 1 (Dr Seuss)
Gertrude Stein - 2 (Rucks, Edgar Allan Poe)
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 0
ee cummings - 1 (Brian Jacques)
David Mamet - 2 (Lemony Snicket, Thomas Pynchon)
The Daily Bugle - 1 (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
Brian Jacques - 0
God - 2 (Jane Austen, Gertrude Stein)
Mark Z. Danielewski - 1 (Tommy Wiseau)
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 10 (Christopher Marlowe, Shakespeare, James Joyce, Moliere, Bret Easton Ellis, Charlie Kaufmann, Oscar Wilde, Gregory Williamson, ee cummings, Mark Z. Danielewski)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 2Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 2 (The Daily Bugle, Thomas Pynchon)
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Bret Easton Ellis - 1 (James Joyce)
Lemony Snicket - 1 (Edgar Allan Poe)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 2 (David Foster Wallace, Christopher Marlowe)
Gertrude Stein - 0
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 0
ee cummings - 0
David Mamet - 2 (Charlie Kaufman, Jane Austen)
The Daily Bugle - 5 (Marion Zimmer Bradley, Rucks, David Mamet, Lemony Snicket, Gertrude Stein)
Brian Jacques - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 1 (Tommy Wiseau)
Rucks - 1 (Mark Z. Danielewski)

Not Voting - 7 (Shakespeare, Moliere, Oscar Wilde, Gregory Williamson, ee cummings, Brian Jacques, Jane Austen)

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 3Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Lemony Snicket - 2 (Edgar Allan Poe, Tommy Wiseau)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 2 (David Foster Wallace, Christopher Marlowe)
Gertrude Stein - 0
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 0
ee cummings - 0
David Mamet - 2 (Charlie Kaufman, Jane Austen)
The Daily Bugle - 5 (Marion Zimmer Bradley, Rucks, David Mamet, Lemony Snicket, Moliere)
Brian Jacques - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 7 (God, ee cummings, Oscar Wilde, Edgar Allan Poe, Gregory Williamson, Thomas Pynchon, Gertrude Stein)

Not Voting - 2 (Shakespeare, Brian Jacques)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 4Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 2 (The Daily Bugle, David Foster Wallace)
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Bret Easton Ellis - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 2 (Christopher Marlowe, Jane Austen)
Gertrude Stein - 0
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 0
ee cummings - 1 (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
David Mamet - 1 (Charlie Kaufman)
The Daily Bugle - 4 (Rucks, David Mamet, Lemony Snicket, Moliere)
Brian Jacques - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 7 (God, ee cummings, Oscar Wilde, Edgar Allan Poe, Gregory Williamson, Thomas Pynchon, Gertrude Stein)
Rucks - 2 (Mark Z. Danielewski, James Joyce)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:05 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Per request, and after my own careful consideration, I have prodded "a whole mess of folks". Hopefully this will solve some of the reluctance many of you have with respect to posting.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 5Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 2 (The Daily Bugle, David Foster Wallace)
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Bret Easton Ellis - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 3 (Christopher Marlowe, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde)
Gertrude Stein - 0
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 4 (Edgar Allan Poe, Gertrude Stein, Lemony Snicket, Charlie Kaufman)
ee cummings - 1 (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
David Mamet - 0
The Daily Bugle - 3 (Rucks, David Mamet, Moliere)
Brian Jacques - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 4 (God, ee cummings, Gregory Williamson, Thomas Pynchon)
Rucks - 2 (Mark Z. Danielewski, James Joyce)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:24 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 6Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 3 (The Daily Bugle, David Foster Wallace, Jane Austen)
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (Christopher Marlowe)
Gertrude Stein - 1 (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 4 (Edgar Allan Poe, Gertrude Stein, Lemony Snicket, Charlie Kaufman)
ee cummings - 2 (Oscar Wilde, Rucks)
David Mamet - 0
The Daily Bugle - 2 (David Mamet, Moliere)
Brian Jacques - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 4 (God, ee cummings, Gregory Williamson, Thomas Pynchon)

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 5David Mamet gathered all of us around the workshop area today and explained to us that, despite his enjoyment of the proceedings, he must depart from our company; after this news, he gathered his belongings and sauntered out the front door. The bulk of us sat, dumbstruck, as we absorbed this information. Soon thereafter, while we were discussing this curious turn of events, our host sent us a missive indicating that another would be arriving to take his place....
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:19 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 6We have another woman in our midst. Despite the female gender's well-known magpie predisposition towards luminous trinkets and their curious fainting spells, I look forward to interacting with this one. Her first act was to shew us her writing, which focused on a curious desire to
mingle
with males of daemonic species and be willingly imprisoned in their torture chambers. Her writing fills me with nameless dread, not to mention visceral disgust, and I look forward to reading more of it.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 7Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
David Foster Wallace - 1 (Shakespeare)
Edgar Allan Poe - 4 (The Daily Bugle, David Foster Wallace, Jane Austen, Lemony Snicket)
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Bret Easton Ellis - 2 (James Joyce, Thomas Pynchon)
Lemony Snicket - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 1 (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 4 (Gertrude Stein, Charlie Kaufman, Moliere, Tommy Wiseau)
ee cummings - 2 (Oscar Wilde, Rucks)
David Mamet - 0
The Daily Bugle - 2 (David Mamet, Christopher Marlowe)
Brian Jacques - 1 (Mark Z Danielewski)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 4 (God, ee cummings, Gregory Williamson, Edgar Allan Poe)
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 2 (Brian Jacques, Bret Easton Ellis)

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch. Deadline is 10/29 at 5PM EST.

I have extended the deadline a bit and sent out a massive round of prods. I've been very pleased with all of your writing. I just want to see more of it from most of you. I implore our absent friends: please take some time and post a bit more frequently. Don't let the game die.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:38 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

In post 228, Edgar Allan Poe wrote:
OOC: @MOD, may we get a few days deadline extension? East coast is currently getting hit by a hurricane and there is power outage in many places (and I fear I may get a blackout soon also).

You will receive an extension. I and the rest of the moderation team have been very pleased with the amount of posting that has happened since our last activity reminder. We are figuring out a way to ease the role-playing requirements of the game so as to make more frequent posting easier for the more involved alter-egos.

Also stay safe.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:01 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 1 No. 8Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 0
David Foster Wallace - 0
James Joyce - 0
Moliere - 0
Bret Easton Ellis - 11 (James Joyce, Thomas Pynchon, David Foster Wallace, Rucks, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Jane Austen, Charlie Kaufman, Oscar Wilde, Gregory Williamson, Edgar Allan Poe, ee cummings) L-2

Lemony Snicket - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 0
Tommy Wiseau - 0
Jane Austen - 2 (Moliere, Tommy Wiseau)
ee cummings - 1 (Rucks)
David Mamet - 0
The Daily Bugle - 2 (David Mamet, Christopher Marlowe)
Brian Jacques - 1 (Mark Z Danielewski)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 4 (God, Shakespeare, Lemony Snicket, Gertrude Stein)
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 2 (Brian Jacques, Bret Easton Ellis)

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch. Deadline is in flux

Activity seems to have picked up a bit. The mod team is still discussing what is to be done about activity as a whole. It is likely that we will seek replacements during a long night and issue a new and more relaxed post restriction. If you guys want to help us recruit players to get the replacement situation fixed more quickly, that would be just ducky.

Happy Halloween!
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 7Having spent longer than I care to admit reading the abominable writing of Ms. James, it was necessary for me to take a light dinner in my sleeping quarters; I hoped to be refreshed by the meal and its accompanying somnolency, and therefore be better able to plumb the depths of her lurid prose. As I dozed off, I reflected on the events that had brought me here, and felt a nameless dread for what might come. The fate of poor Mr. Goodkind hadn't strayed far from my consciousness, and everything I saw now contained a faint reflection of his blood-soaked corpse. The prospect of sleep comforted me, although to no great extent; my superstitions were aroused by the knowledge I gained from reading certain occult books while in college, and I could not help but connect Mr. Goodkind's death to the whispers of evil rituals and rites practiced by the mongrel races of humanity. I saw a glimmer in their dead eyes when they came to haul Mr. Goodkind's body way (to God knows where!) and they cause me to shudder even now. Although my sleep was mercifully free of dreams, I was awoken by a noise that was so horrific that I nearly fainted dead away. I ran out of my sleeping chamber to investigate and discovered the noise coming from Mr. Ellis' room. I tentatively approached the door and put my ear to it. By now, the screaming had died down and I heard only a slow slurping punctuated by an occasional crunch. I took a deep breath and pushed open the door. Mercifully, there was a haze of white powder obscuring the scene inside; I saw a hideous shape
gnawing
on a dark shape on the floor. I screamed and ran back to my room, sure that our counterpart Bret Easton Ellis was dead.

Bret Easton Ellis,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched day 1. Night starts now. Night actions are due by 11/12 at 1PM EST. We will be sending a PM detailing the changes to the post restriction.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

ooc: Alright folks, here's how it's going to be. We have obviously had a pretty serious activity problem with this game. The mod team has talked it over, and I've given it a lot of thought. While you still need to post with your alts, you're free to post OOC in every post you make. I'm not going to prescribe a specific way of going about the implementation of OOC posting, I just want you to find a way to post more frequently than we have been to this point. As I've said before, I have been very impressed with how well you are all writing in your author voices, and that being the theme of this game, I certainly don't want that to stop. However, the need for actual words to get on the page in support of some kind of mafia game is more important than my desire to read pretty words and phrases. The game is going to go live tomorrow. I hope you've had enough time to recoup and resolve yourselves to participating a bit more diligently.

We're going to have at least one replacement coming into the game tomorrow, and I'm searching for one or two more. If you want to refer anyone to me who you think would be interested in playing, please let me know.

tl;dr you can post more OOC. lol replacements.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:36 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 8After the terrible fright I suffered, I could hardly sleep; in time, however, I found that fabled land of strange visions and ancient terrors. In my sleep, images spun uncontrollably, and sounds echoed through the halls of my imagination. Chiefly featured in my dreams were the visages of my compatriots, though they were warped daemonically, and I trembled inwardly as they cackled and threatened me. I saw that despite any opinions I might have in the matter, any of them could be the villains in this morbid tale. Upon waking I bolted from bed and put on my clothes, noticing subtle differences in the placement of my possessions from where I had left them the night before. A shudder went through me as I thought of the shifty and heavy-lidded servants pawing through my possessions to identify items of value. Rather than reflect on the secondary purposes to which my things could be put, I exited the room, to have breakfast and hopefully begin our next workshop session with the same number of people as had gone to bed that night.
If only we had the good fortune for that to be the case! I was one of the first to sit down at the table, although the rest of our unfortunate company filed in bleary-eyed within minutes of my sitting; I suppose that our immutable herd instinct had subconsciously told the rest not to leave their rooms until they heard others doing so safely. As we sat silently and looked around at each other, we noticed that Mr. David Foster Wallace and the dear reporter from The Daily Bugle were absent. The servants had sneaked into the dining room (how I hated their animal mannerisms!) after as and were leering at us evilly when we all bolted from our chairs to check on our missing friends. Upon inspection, we found their bedrooms spotless and containing no traces of the former occupants. The servants had followed us up and one said to us with unnervingly proper elocution “the gentlemen who stayed here won't be back.” Inquiry revealed nothing but further repetition of the unhelpful statement and we thus abandoned further lines of questioning.
Forgoing breakfast (we wanted nothing to do with our evil-looking servants), we sat at the workshop tables and got back to work, though none could be quite sure for how long we could keep up our appearance of civility.

David Foster Wallace, vanilla town, killed night 1
The Daily Bugle, vanilla town, killed night 1

With 21 alive, it's 11 to lynch. Deadline is 12/17 1PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 9In the excitement of the morning, we hadn't noticed that three of our number were replaced by different authors. Upon calming down, we pressed them for information about how they came to be in this place too, and if they could tell us more about our mysterious host. None of them knew, although we decided that we should begin to figure out how we as threads fit into this hideous pattern.
One fellow, who replaced Mr. Jacques, was a fierce evangelical Christian who proclaimed loudly of hellfire and damnation every time someone else spoke, especially the women and more feminine men. Another fellow, who was replacing Moliere, was an elderly Oriental gentleman whose speech mainly consisted of cryptic and vague parables. He reminded me of the ageless shaman of Leng spoken of in the dread Necromonicon, and both his incredible age and placid demeanor filled me with nameless dread. The third fellow was another reporter, who presumably was sent around after the first one was murdered. This reporter has taken the place of that pale and ill-spoken Belgian Mr. Wiseau (thank God!).
Hopefully these additions will prove helpful in uncovering the mysteries of this dread workshop.

Fred Phelps replaces Brian Jacques
Confucius replaces Moliere
Spinning Paper replaces Tommy Wiseau
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

ooc: All flavor has been updated. We are hopefully full up on replacements, although we might see one or two more before we are done removing the deadwood. May Yog-Sothoth bless our efforts!
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 1Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 2 (Thomas Pynchon, Spinning Paper)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 2 (Jane Austen, James Joyce)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Gertrude Stein - 0
Spinning Paper - 0
Jane Austen - 0
ee cummings - 0
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 17 (Marlowe, Shakespeare, Poe, Confucius, Snicket, Kaufman, Wilde, Seuss, Williamson, Stein, cummings, James, Phelps, God, Danielewsi, Bradley, Rucks)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:24 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 2Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 1 (Shakespeare)
Shakespeare - 2 (Thomas Pynchon, Joyce)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 1 (Seuss)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 3 (Jane Austen, Lemony Snicket, Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Gertrude Stein - 0
Spinning Paper - 2 (Rucks, Kaufman)
Jane Austen - 2 (Danielewski, Paper)
ee cummings - 0
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 10 (Marlowe, Poe, Confucius, Wilde, Williamson, Stein, cummings, God, Bradley)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:27 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 3Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 1 (Shakespeare)
Shakespeare - 2 (Thomas Pynchon, Joyce)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 4 (Jane Austen, Lemony Snicket, Phelps, Gertrude Stein)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Gertrude Stein - 0
Spinning Paper - 2 (Rucks, Kaufman)
Jane Austen - 2 (Danielewski, Paper)
ee cummings - 0
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 8 (Marlowe, Poe, Confucius, Wilde, Williamson, cummings, God, Bradley)

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 4Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 1 (Thomas Pynchon)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 4 (Jane Austen, Lemony Snicket, Phelps, Gertrude Stein)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Gertrude Stein - 1 (Rucks)
Spinning Paper - 1 (Kaufman, Joyce)
Jane Austen - 2 (Paper, Mark Z Danielewski)
ee cummings - 0
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 2 (Shakespeare, Poie)
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 7 (Marlowe, Confucius, Wilde, Williamson, cummings, God, Bradley)

Seeking replacement for Marlowe
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 5Christopher Marlowe - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 2 (Jane Austen, Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Spinning Paper - 3 (Kaufman, Joyce, Snicket)
Jane Austen - 3 (Paper, Mark Z Danielewski, Bradley)
ee cummings - 0
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 3 (Shakespeare, Poe, Stein)
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 6 (Marlowe, Confucius, Wilde, Williamson, cummings, God)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (isolation #30) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:41 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 10As the second day of workshopping went on, it became apparent that I was not the only person in attendance who was filled with a nameless dread. Although the way in which this feeling, which had an odious and oily quality, manifested itself different depending on the disposition of the author in question, it was clear that all of us were suffering under its ill-effects. Though ordinarily I consider myself to be an orderly and reasoned person, I found myself shaking my limbs involuntarily and constantly looking over my shoulder for half-imagined assailants; others withdrew completely from contact, while others erupted into bursts of anger. Dr Seuss and Jane Austen were two such individuals, and after a lengthy dispute (of which I did not get involved!) over the proper definition of an anapest, they leaped to their feet, seizing makeshift weaponry from the mantel, and demanded that the rest of us gathered decide which one would live or die, since they could stomach their combined company no longer. Stirred from our shocked withdrawl, we looked around and began to raise our hands in support of one or the other...

Ooc: vc is reset, players may only vote for Austen or Seuss
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Gladiatorial Votecount 1.1
Jane Austen - 6 (Seuss, Poe, Danielewski, Bradley, Rucks, Snicket)
Dr Seuss - 2 (Austen, Joyce)

Not Voting - 13 (Shaft, Pynchon, Shakespeare, Confucius, Kaufman, Wilde, Williamson, Stein, Paper, cummings, James, Phelps, God)
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (isolation #32) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 11As we had begun to jeer and carry on like wild animals, a tall negro, wearing a long leather coat and sporting ridiculous facial hair, strode into our midst and coldly announced that he would be replacing the absent Christopher Marlowe, who had apparently found the exit door that the rest of us found so curiously invisible. One in our midst asked if he was "the sex machine for all the chicks out there", to which he responded "damn right".

I fear for my very soul.

Shaft replaces Christopher Marlowe

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (isolation #33) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Gladiatorial Votecount 1.2
Jane Austen - 11 (Seuss, Poe, Danielewski, Bradley, Rucks, Snicket, Shakespeare, Pynchon, Confucius, Spinning Paper, Shaft)

Dr Seuss - 1 (Austen)

Not Voting - 9 (Kaufman, Wilde, Williamson, Stein, cummings, James, Phelps, God, Joyce)

Diary Entry 12The two combatants, each brandishing a cast-iron implement from the fireplace, squared off and endured the jeers of their fellow writers. As they circled around the room I could not help but notice that the baser instincts of both the fighters and the spectators shewed, as if it were an ugly alien face hidden behind a human mask which slipped just enough for one to see the mind-bending grotesquery beneath. This ritual reminded me quite of one detailed in hushed tones within Machen's
The Great God Pan
and I could not help but wonder if our host, who clearly had daemonic inclinations, had set up this bloodsport as a kind of offering to some foul and nameless god. The spectators were becoming involved and they caught Austen off-guard with their bloodthirsty and inhuman shouting. Seuss swung his fire poker at her head and knocked her out cold. As she lay twitching on the floor of the study, he smashed her head again and again with the poker until his blood-flecked skin contained more of her skull than her own body did. Seuss collapsed on one of the chairs, and the newcomer searched her person for valuables. Thankfully, he insisted on a thorough examination of her upper legs, making sure that he very carefully examined her posterior (Ms. Austen was a callipygian lady, for which Mr. Shaft claimed to have quite a fondness) because concealed in a hidden pocket in her garter, he found a puzzling card with a
certain
phrase written upon it. It said "I am a member of the mafia! HaHA!".

Jane Austen,
Mafia Roleblocker
, killed in gladiatorial combat Day 2.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 6Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
ee cummings - 0
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 3 (Shakespeare, Poe, Stein)
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 9 (Shaft, Confucius, Wilde, Williamson, cummings, God, Paper, Mark Z Danielewski, Bradley)

With 20 alive, it's 11 to lynch. Deadline is 12/17 1PM EST

Votes can again be cast for other players.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 7Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
ee cummings - 1 (Shakespeare)
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 2 (Danielewski, Wilde)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 2 (Poe, Stein)
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 7 (Shaft, Confucius, Williamson, cummings, God, Paper, Bradley)

Votes can again be cast for other players.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 8Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 2 (Thomas Pynchon, Phelps)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 1 (Poe)
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gregory Williamson - 0
Spinning Paper - 2 (Kaufman, Snicket)
ee cummings - 2 (Shakespeare, Joyce)
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 3 (Danielewski, Wilde, Shaft)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 1 (Stein)
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 6 (Confucius, Williamson, cummings, God, Paper, Bradley)

V/La:
Poe - Through 12/13
Pynchon - Through 12/10
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:51 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 9Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 3 (Thomas Pynchon, Phelps, Paper)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 1 (Poe)
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gregory Williamson - 0
Spinning Paper - 3 (Kaufman, Snicket, Joyce)
ee cummings - 1 (Shakespeare)
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 3 (Danielewski, Wilde, Shaft)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 6 (Confucius, Williamson, cummings, God, Bradley, Stein)

V/La:
Poe - Through 12/13
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 10Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 2 (Paper, Danielewski)
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (Wilde)
James Joyce - 1 (Poe, Pynchon)
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Spinning Paper - 3 (Kaufman, Snicket, Joyce)
ee cummings - 2 (Shakespeare, God)
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 2 (Shaft, Williamson)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 4 (Confucius, cummings, Bradley, Stein)

With 20 alive, it's 11 to lynch.
Deadline is 12/17 1PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

fixed the votecount
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 11Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 8 (Paper, Danielewski, Confucius, Bradley, Poe, Wilde, Williamson, Snicket, Pynchon)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 1 (Pynchon)
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Spinning Paper - 2 (Kaufman, Joyce)
ee cummings - 2 (God, Shakespeare)
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 2 (Shaft, Williamson)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 2 (cummings, Stein)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 13This evening, we dined on roast pheasant and various steamed greens. This light meal was followed by sitting in the parlor and playing Yes or No. The break from workshopping was welcome, as we all needed the mental break. The authors of various centuries found common ground; we laughed and caroused like none of us had since leaving our homes several days before. None of us even noticed the shifty-eyed and untrustworthy servants clearing our dinner plates, because we were so wrapped up in having a good time that evening. For me in particular, it was almost as if I had never left, and I was passing an evening with my old friends back at Miskatonic University. Then we all gathered together and killed Shakespeare with candlesticks, as he seemed to be the most likely suspect of malfeasance at the time. Upon inspecting his pockets, after his death-throes were complete of course, we found a card in his pocket that said "I am a member of a different mafia, hahaHA!" Though the joke was a bit too on-the-nose for my taste, I could not help but emit a small chuckle. We were that much closer to purging the evil from our midst and getting some
real creative collaboration
done.

Voting Log, Vol. 2 FinalShaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 11 (Paper, Danielewski, Confucius, Bradley, Poe, Wilde, Williamson, Snicket, Pynchon, Shaft, Kaufman)
Lynch!
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 1 (Pynchon)
Confucius - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Spinning Paper - 1 (Joyce)
ee cummings - 2 (God, Shakespeare)
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 1 (Williamson)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 2 (cummings, Stein)

William Shakespeare,
Mafia 2-shot Strongman
, was lynched Day 2

Night actions are due by 12/19 at 5PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (isolation #43) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 14After the macabre spectacle of the previous day, I was hesitant to see what horror had been visited upon this unsuspecting house during the night. I had heard the most ghastly wailing and thumping as I cowed beneath the ghostly canopy of my bedsheets, and knew that there would be something horrible outside when I left to face the day. True to my intuition, I and the other authors who ventured out found the bloodied and mutilated body (my god, this misshapen carcass used to be a
man
) of Mr. Gregory Williamson in the hallway. Curiously there was a fine white powder about the area of his nose, and his grotesquely dilated pupils suggested that before his demise he had been indulging in the abuse of some kind of stimulant before his slaughter. Perhaps this explained all the thumping and screeching I had heard last night. Surely this horror could be explained as an act of an intoxicated man. Surely? Surely?

I fear for my very life, and although visions of the horrible shoggoths and other nameless horrors I had read about in that dread
Necronomicon
flashed before my eyes, I put on a brave visage and began to lead the authors to the parlor for another workshopping session.

Gregory Williamson,
One-shot Lightning Rod
, killed night 2

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch. Deadline is 1/10/13 at 5PM EST.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (isolation #44) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:16 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

ooc:

the main behind ee cummings is having terrible internet issues and therefore requested replacement.
the main behind Fred Phelps approached me during the night and requested to change authors because this person had become uncomfortable writing in that manner. I have let them switch to their second choice author, the one and only Hulk Hogan

tl;dr

TS Eliot replaces ee cummings
Hulk Hogan replaces Fred Phelps (although it needs to be understood that this is the same user. please refrain from attempting to metagame this replacement)
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (isolation #45) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 3 No. 1Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (Stein)
James Joyce - 1 (Danielewski)
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 1 (Poe)
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 1 (Joyce)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (Paper)

Not Voting - 13 (Shaft, Pynchon, Confucius, Snicket, Kaufman, Wilde, Seuss, Eliot, James, Hogan, God, Bradley, Rucks)

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch. Deadline is 1/10/13 5PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (isolation #46) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 15The next day went along pleasantly enough, with very little mention of the odious and evil events of the preceding days. Today was my day to lead the group in discussion, and although it is probably out of line to say so I think I was in particularly scintillating form. My bachelor uncle, a workshop leader of some renown, in addition to his expertise in the aforementioned areas, would have been proud of my abilities. We analyzed a short work by Mr. Wilde today, and although some of the writers who, from my perspective, were from the future described his work as "gay" more times than was at all sensible, it went off without a hitch. We carried on with this through dinner and after a brief repast taken in our workshop chamber (my idea, as I do not care for the way the servants
leer
at me) we carried right on into some of Mr. Joyce's poetry. As he was taking his poem out of his pocket, a piece of paper fell out which said "RIP Janey Girl" and had a crudely drawn likeness of a woman's nether regions underneath. He wobbled a bit and said "well then" before the whole of us descended on him.

Voting Log, Vol. 3 FinalShaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 10 (Danielewski, OscarWilde, Shaft, Spinning Paper, Stein, Poe, Eliot, Snicket, Hulk, Kaufman)
Lynch!
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 1 (Bradley)
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 1 (Joyce)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 6 (Pynchon, Confucius, Seuss, James, God, Rucks)

James Joyce,
Mafia Jack-of-All-Trades
, was lynched Day 3

Night actions are due by 12/23 at 9PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 16After the rousing success of the previous evening, I had high hopes upon waking for the day to come, although my enthusiasm was somewhat guarded due to the nightly killings of those in our midst. However, upon waking I did a cursory walk around the living quarters. Curiously, I found that all of the doors were open and all the bedrooms looked to be normal order. Perplexed by this lack of evidence of violence, I walked carefully to the dining area, expecting to encounter a poor soul's grisly fate there. Instead, I was greeted by the entire population of the workshop who had departed my company last night to explore the landscape of dreams. All seemed to be alive. Most curious...

No deaths last night. Deadline is 1/14/2013 at 5PM EST. With 17 alive it's 9 to lynch.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #600 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:09 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 4 No. 1Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 1 (Paper)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 6 (Poe, Wilde, Eliot, Bradley, Kaufman, Danielewski)
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 1 (Confucius)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 9 (Shaft, Pynchon, Snicket, Seuss, James, Hogan, God, Rucks, Stein)

With 17 alive it's 9 to lynch.

Deadline is 1/14/2013 at 5PM EST.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #626 (isolation #49) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:04 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 4 No. 2Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (EL James)
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 1 (Paper)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 2 (Confucius, Kaufman)
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 5 (Poe, Wilde, Eliot, Bradley, Danielewski)
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 8 (Shaft, Pynchon, Snicket, Seuss, Hogan, God, Rucks, Stein)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #651 (isolation #50) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 4 No. 3Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 2 (Paper, Pynchon)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 2 (Confucius, Gertrude Stein)
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 7 (Poe, Wilde, Eliot, Bradley, Danielewski, Kaufman, Hogan)
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 8 (Shaft, Snicket, Seuss, God, Rucks)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #675 (isolation #51) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:55 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 17Yet again we have killed in error. Though the murder felt righteous at the time, that was merely the animal instinct taking over as I helped strike killing blows into the rather irritating woman to whom we were putting an end. I remember not who started the fighting, although we had been discussing getting rid of her for days now, but once the frenzy started we were like wild animals rushing in for the kill. I shudder to think what half-primal dreams I will have tonight.

Voting Log, Vol. 4 FinalShaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 3 (Paper, Pynchon, Confucius)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 1 (Gertrude Stein)
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 9 (Poe, Wilde, Eliot, Bradley, Danielewski, Kaufman, Hogan, Snicket, Danielewski) Lynch!

Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 4 (Shaft, Seuss, God, Rucks)

Gertrude Stein,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 4

Night actions are due by 1/6 at 1PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 18The sweet, soft-spoken woman who spoke mostly of aliens was found murdered in her bed this morning. Despite the strange blood patterns that adorned her sheets, I have not much to say about her demise. She left not much of an impression on me, probably due to the rather bland and pedestrian nature of her writing. Sadly though, we found that she was the person who had been clandestinely applying first aid to those of us injured in the violent events at the workshop. I wonder how we will get on without her...

Marion Zimmer Bradley,
Town Doctor
, killed Night 4

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch. Deadline is 1/20 at 9PM EST.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #700 (isolation #53) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Votecount, Vol. 5 No. 1Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 5 (Spinning Paper, Shaft, Pynchon, Eliot, Wilde)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 2 (Lord God, Kaufman)
Dr. Seuss - 0
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 0
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 8 (Poe, Confucius, Seuss, James, Hogan, Danielewski, Rucks, Hogan)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch. Deadline is 1/20 at 9PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 19Although one can never fully acclimate to the types of horrors we are now seeing on a daily basis, when there is a more gentle deviation from the norm it comes as almost a comfort. It was almost anticlimactic when Mr. Snicket, at the height of accusations as to his character, pulled out a small purple capsule and swallowed it without water. He was dead within moments. In an almost perfunctory manner, we walked to his armchair and examined his person, and found the following note

The ease with which he sought his own demise fills me with a nameless dread, as if the end times are so close for all of us that he did not even bother waiting.

Lemony Snicket,
Mafia Watcher
, lynched Day 5

Night actions are due by 1/11 at 9PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (isolation #55) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 20A grisly tableau awaited us upon waking the next day. Dr Seuss and Confucius were both killed in their bed, at least we assumed so, from the aggregation of blood in those areas, although their parts were scattered around their rooms. Curiously,
certain
organs, ones known at least to me as having special cult significance for daemonic rites, were missing from the corpses. We will all have to be doubly on our guards the next night. The killings shew no signs of stopping and with this number of murders, surely the time is drawing nigh for our antagonists to reach their goal.

Dr Seuss,
1-shot Gladiator
, killed Night 5
Confucius,
Prostitute
, killed Night 5

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch. Deadline is 2/1 at 5PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #752 (isolation #56) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:45 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Votecount, Vol. 6 No. 1Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 1 (Danielewski)
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 1 (Poe)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (James)

Not Voting - 9 (Shaft, Pynchon, Kaufman, Wilde, Paper, Eliot, Hogan, God, Rucks)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch. Deadline is 1/20 at 9PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #776 (isolation #57) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Votecount, Vol. 6 No. 2Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 4 (Poe, Spinning Paper, Shaft, Wilde)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (James)

Not Voting - 6 (Pynchon, Kaufman, Eliot, Hogan, God, Rucks)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #795 (isolation #58) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:54 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

In post 794, Shaft wrote:
In post 758, Shaft wrote:
Lovecraft, would roleblockers still be able to action if they were ONLY affected by a killing blow?

NAR wrote:Copy
Hide
Bus
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Doctor
Recruit
Inspect
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #805 (isolation #59) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Votecount, Vol. 6 No. 3Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (Eliot)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 1 (Pynchon)
Hulk Hogan - 4 (Poe, Spinning Paper, Shaft, Wilde)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (James)

Not Voting - 4 (Kaufman, Hogan, God, Rucks)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (isolation #60) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 21Last night was the worst culling we've had to make yet. Mr. Hogan had to die, according to popular opinion. Though he was in one of the evil groups, I could feel my sanity slipping away a little more with each dull snap of his bones and thud of the hammers. His body was quite misshapen when we were done with it, although the reaction from the servants would have told me that it looked as normal as anything else in the room. How I hate them.

Voting Log, Vol. 6 FinalShaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 7 (Poe, Spinning Paper, Shaft, Wilde, Danielewski, Kaufman, Pynchon)

God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 1 (James)

Not Voting - 3 (Hogan, God, Rucks)

Hulk Hogan,
Mafia Fruit Vendor
, lynched Day 6

Night choices are due by 1/19 at 5PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #818 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 22Though I do not believe in the grandeur of the Christian god, since he had been at our gathering I felt that I should at least be polite. Despite the obvious problems with his autobiography, not the least of which was the inconsistent plot that was more full of holes than a sieve, we helped him as best we could and tried to keep a poker face when he asked us for our opinions of his beard. The man's utter lack of pulchritude aside, he seemed like a nice enough gentleman, albeit prone to hysterical storms of childish jealous and outrage. We were all puzzled as to his death. Was he not, as told in his story, a being of awesome power and fearsome splendor? Evidently not. His throat had been laid open cleanly, as if with some sort of surgical tools, and his blood had been drained in what one can only assume was a ritualistic fashion.
This loathesome act aside, we were all puzzled to note that Ms EL James was found dead in her room, although there were no signs of foul play. It was as if due to the violence surrounding us, her body had given up in a sympathetic expression of death. I hope my sanity will hold out to see what had happened to her.

God,
1-shot neighborizer
, killed Night 6
EL James,
Nurse
, died Night 6

Deadline is 2/3 at 9PM EST. With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #828 (isolation #62) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Votecount, Vol. 7 No. 1Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Spinning Paper - 0
TS Eliot - 3 (Spinning Paper, Pynchon, Danielewski)
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 2 (OscarWilde, Kaufman)

Not Voting - 4 (Shaft, Poe, Eliot, Rucks)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #850 (isolation #63) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

In post 836, Charlie Kaufman wrote:
@MOD: Hypothetically, if a player had a one-shot bulletproof, would they be notified if said bulletproof was used up?

yes

Votecount, Vol. 7 No. 2Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Spinning Paper - 0
TS Eliot - 4 (Spinning Paper, Pynchon, Danielewski, Kaufman)
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 4 (Shaft, Poe, Rucks, Wilde)

Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #855 (isolation #64) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 23One of the quietest among us was the last to fall. Mr. Eliot was embarking upon a recitation of one of his long metaphysical poems, and although most of us were content to stare blankly at him as he droned on, Mr. Poe was engaging in an act of clandestine violence. Mr. Eliot's blood fanned out on the oft-bled-upon carpet of the workshop room and the rest of us, sighing in resignation, rose to our feet to ascertain the alignment of this boring orator. Much to our surprise, he had in his pocket a candid note from Mr. Joyce expressing whose death among us would benefit him most. Just as we were breathing a sigh of relief at having killed another of one of the the villainous groups that had beset our workshop, we heard a noise behind us....

Final VotecountShaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Spinning Paper - 0
TS Eliot - 5 (Spinning Paper, Pynchon, Danielewski, Kaufman, Poe)
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Rucks - 0

Not Voting - 3 (Shaft, Rucks, Wilde)

TS Eliot,
2-shot Mafia Ninja
, lynched Day 7

Town wins!
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #859 (isolation #65) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

After I post all of the mod-type stuffs I am going to nominate the town for a scummy. Because goddamn.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #864 (isolation #66) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Any other nominations this game can receive are not mine to make. You're welcome to make them.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #869 (isolation #67) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

I'll release all of the QTs and stuff. Just wait on me for the post.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #871 (isolation #68) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Diary Entry 24While we were reveling in the bloodsport we had just witnessed, a creak was heard behind the doors of the workshop and suddenly the double oaken doors were thrown open. A figure, standing not quite tall, approached us from within the weird light flooding into the room. When I saw the face of the figure, my vision grew a bit hazy and I wobbled, but due to the conditioning of the horrors previous to this, this vision of necromancy before me only fazed me moderately. The figure was
Mr. Goodkind
, who tugged on his topknot and chuckled slightly.

"The chicken that is not a chicken. It is scum." He said. "Did you ever figure it out? It's pretty deep so unless you're smart enough to get my books you probably didn't get it. Say, did anyone get raped?"

We were flabbergasted by this line of inquiry.

"What do you mean, did anyone get raped?" Pynchon asked.

"Well, I figured if I put all of you in a stressful situation where there were evil people, the people who were supposed to be evil would just start raping everyone. I put cameras everywhere. It was going to be material for my next book."

We all looked at each other, nodded slightly, and set upon him as one.

Diary Entry 25This is the last you'll hear from me. After the horrors I have seen I doubt I can carry on as anything but a gibbering madman. Whoever finds this diary, send it to my bachelor uncle at Miskatonic University, he is mentioned previously. Those of us who were there for the fateful event did what had to be done, although none can know what toll it took upon our sanity. The work of Mr. Goodkind slowly drove us all to madness, but we did everything we could to prevent it from leaking out and infecting the world. If writing of that nature can drive an intelligent man mad, think of what it would do to the masses? WE did what had to be done. We did. We did. We did.

I must go
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #873 (isolation #69) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #877 (isolation #70) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Mod info!

Spoiler: Alts!
Christopher Marlowe - Guy_Named_Riggs
Thomas Pynchon - Zdenek
Shakespeare - Llamarble
David Foster Wallace - OhGodMyLife
Edgar Allan Poe - Ser Arthur Dayne
James Joyce - DrippingGoofball
Moliere - Maestro
HP Lovecraft - Untrod Tripod
Bret Easton Ellis - pieceofpecanpie
Lemony Snicket - Lastsurvivor
Terry Goodkind - bv310
Charlie Kaufmann - xRECKONERx
Oscar Wilde - zabriel
Dr. Seuss - Glork
Gregory Williamson - AurorusVox
Gertrude Stein - Nobody Special
Tommy Wiseau - Shamrock
Jane Austen - Empking
ee cummings - Amrun
David Mamet - MattP
The Daily Bugle - Xalxe
Brian Jacques - inHimshallibe
God - PeregrineV
Mark Z. Danielewski - Nuwen/Tierce
Marion Zimmer Bradley - RachMarie
Rucks - hitogoroshi
Shaft - Kise
Spinning Paper - Cogito Ergo Sum
Confucius - petroleumjelly
Hulk Hogan - kuribo
EL James - Hiraki
TS Eliot - goodmorning

Spoiler: Night Action Grid!
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #879 (isolation #71) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

You weren't underpowered, you just got steamrolled by a brilliant town team.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #882 (isolation #72) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

I just want to give a really big thank you to ya'll for making this game happen. I had been wanting to do this game for a long time. I was worried it would have to be abandoned, but you pulled it together and finished it off beautifully. It was a great deal of fun to read and moderate.

Thanks <3
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #932 (isolation #73) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Roles!

Spoiler: 1-shot Gladiator
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

You are the type of person who feels that they need a rival whenever you have to interact with a group of people at length. You are also the type of person who feels that your friends can't be friends with both you and your rival.

Active Powers:
1. You may target another player during the day. The current votecount will be reset and players can only vote for you or the targeted player. You can only use this ability during the first half of the day. You can only use this ability once.

Passive Powers:
2. You win with the town.

Spoiler: Prostitute
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

You lost all of your money in a pyramid scheme. You'll need to make some of that money back while you're at this retreat. And you know what they say: what happens at a time-traveling writers' workshop stays at a time-traveling writers' workshop.

Active Powers:
1. Prostitution. Every night you may target a player. That player cannot use any activated abilities that night. You will get a small piece of information about that player. If another player uses a targeted ability on your target, that will be told that you were "with" the player you targeted.

Passive Powers:
2. You win with the town

Spoiler: 1-shot Neighborizer
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

You brought two cell phones to the workshop. Being the chatty cathy that you are, you can give one to another player and talk to that player at night.

Active Powers:
1. Once during the game, at night, you may target another player. You will be given a QT where you can talk with this player at night. This player's alignment is not confirmed to be the same as yours. You can only do this once.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Nurse
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

You brought a stethoscope and some band-aids with you. If people really need your help and there's no one else here who can do it, you suppose you can spring into action. Maybe.

Passive Powers:
1. If a doctor dies, you will become a doctor.

Spoiler: Inventor
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

You smuggled a few items into the workshop with you. Being a generous soul, you will give them to other players.

Active Powers:
1. Inventor (1x poison 1x bp vest and 1x doublevote). You have one of each: a bottle of iodine, a mannequin, and a megaphone. Each night you may target one player and give them one of these items.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Doctor
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Cross-disciplinary learning is cool! You brought a copy of Grey's Anatomy and Netter's with you, and you're going to be able to use your hard-earned knowledge to save lives!

Active Powers:
1. Doctor. Every night, you can target another player. If that player was targeted with a killing ability, that player will not die.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: 1-shot Lightning Rod
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

You brought some meth.

Active Powers:
1. You may use this ability at night. When you do, every active ability used that night will be redirected to you. You can only do this once.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Seeking Mason
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

During one of your first workshop sessions, one of the other writers wrote on your draft "I find you to be an intriguing soul. Come by my room at night. For some odd reason, from your writings, I feel that I can trust you." You'll have to take your anonymous possible-paramour up on this offer.

Active Powers:
1. Seeking Mason. Every night you can target another player. If the target is your potential mason partner, you will be given a QT where you can communicate with your mason partner. This player is guaranteed to share your alignment.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Tracker
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

You are an excellent observer of the human condition. At night. Without their consent....

Active Powers:
1. Tracker. Every night, you can target another player. The mod will tell you who, if anyone, that player targeted that night.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Role Cop
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Active Powers:
1. Every night you can target another player. The mod will tell you what the role of that player is (ex. This player is a Watcher). You will not be told the alignment of that player.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Self-watching ascetic
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Active Powers:
1. Suffrage

Passive Powers:
2. Self-watching ascetic. The first action directed towards you at night is nullified. You are told who targeted you, although not their ability. This ability does not work on killing actions.
3. You win with the town

Pack warm,
X

Mafia A Fruit Vendor

You have teamed up with two other ne'er-do-wells to take over this writing workshop. Also, you brought a handsome fruit basket for your host, but he is nowhere to be found. You have decided to give this fruit to other people.

Active Powers:
1. Every night you can target another player. That player will be given a piece of fruit.
2. You may perform your faction's kill. You may not use both of your active powers in one night.

Passive Powers:
3. You win when either your faction has a majority or nothing can prevent that from happening.
4. You may communicate with your faction at night in a QT.

Spoiler: Mafia A Watcher
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Mafia A Watcher

You have teamed up with two other ne'er-do-wells to take over this writing workshop. Also, you like to hide in closets. You do it so you can see naked boobies.

Active Powers:
1. Every night you can target another player. The mod will tell you if that player is targeted that night and who targeted that player.
2. You may perform your faction's kill. You may not use both of your active powers in one night.

Passive Powers:
3. You win when either your faction has a majority or nothing can prevent that from happening.
4. At night, you may communicate with your faction in a QT.

Spoiler: Mafia A Strongman
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Mafia A Strongman

You have teamed up with two other ne'er-do-wells to take over this writing workshop. Also, you brought two doses of bath salts with you. You can use them to perform superhuman acts of murder.

Active Powers:
1. As your faction's kill, you may use your strongman ability. If you target a player, that player will not be saved by protective abilities. You may only use this ability twice.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Mafia B JoaT
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Mafia B JoaT

You have teamed up with two other ne'er-do-wells to take over this writing workshop. Also, you brought a hypnosis book to the seminar. You thought it would be an absolute gas if you made people have to talk differently than they would ordinarily! Tee hee!

Active powers:
1. At night you may target a player. You have one shot of each of the following three effects.
a. That player must post only in haikus for the next game day
b. That player must post in rhyming couplets for the next game day.
c. That player must post in your choice of prose, poetry, or screen/stage play format for the next game day.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Mafia B Ninja
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Mafia B Ninja

You have teamed up with two other ne'er-do-wells to take over this writing workshop. Also, you know the ancient martial art of ninjitsu. Or at least you brought a black headscarf and a throwing star. Whatever.

Active powers:
1. As your faction's kill, you may use your ninja ability. If you target a player for a kill, no investigative power will be able to detect the kill. You may only use this ability twice.

Passive Powers:

Spoiler: Mafia B Roleblocker
HP Lovecraft wrote:
Salutations,

Pack warm,
X

Mafia B Roleblocker

You have teamed up with two other ne'er-do-wells to take over this writing workshop. Also, you brought some extra stength antihistamines with you. You can "poison" people with them. Mwahahaha!

Active powers:
1. At night you can target another player. That player will not be able to use any active abilities that night.

Passive Powers:
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #934 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

heh, I changed it a bit for Shaft to make it funnier. fixed the list so it would be clear.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”