OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 am

Post by OscarWilde »

It was raining when he arrived. He'd heard that this part of the country was rather wet. In that much, it reminded him of home. Upon entry, he was shown to the room where the rest were gathered, already in the midst of heated discussion. He allowed himself a moment of observation before interjecting.

"It seems apparent that there is a certain amount of disdain for the papers in this country. I for one agree. The newspapers have degenerated. They can now be trusted completely." He seemed amused at his own wit, and allowed himself an airy laugh before continuing. "My dear woman, you seem to be preparing a preface to a long rage against the heavens. You would do well to listen again before you take arms against God. It is not your womanhood specifically that he takes issue with, but your pursuit of a certain publication of record. One might liken the action to a pack of wolves descending upon an old ewe, whose slowness of action has made her easy prey."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:52 am

Post by OscarWilde »

The young man nodded ascent before speaking. "I do believe I must agree with the vote for Madam Bradley. She has misrepresented the word of God, and seems less than sincere in her criticism of the Daily Bugle. However I am disappointed with the lack of a Tuesday edition of the paper. Perhaps today we will have some reading material."

VOTE: Marion Zimmer Bradley
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:28 am

Post by OscarWilde »

The young man laughed at Marion's accusations. "I hardly find the suspicions of Mr. Cummings opportunistic, as there was one vote against you, which was based upon the notion that your case against the Daily Bugle was both ill-conceived and insincere. I find it fascinating that even when confronted with this you continue to cry misogyny as the reason for the increased suspicion that has been cast in your direction. Your accusations seem to born out of resentment rather than research."

He crossed the room and seated himself in a cushioned chair with arms of polished oak. He gestured at the newest speaker and spoke again. "Master Wallace has made an interesting point. Poe's alarmist statements in regards to Mr. Snicket seem to seek to sow the chaos that he has accused Snicket himself of attempting, but I would hear him speak on the matters you have raised. I think I would also like to hear of Dr Seuss's delightful rhymes. He's spoken very briefly to criticize the paper, a criticism he did not seem to see fit to act upon. His vote in jest still remains placed upon Mr. Williamson, who has since cast three votes in succession which were without reason or rhyme, and joined the case against Madam Bradley. I find his work obtuse and unoriginal."

He paused a moment.

"The three are worth pursuing, however my vote shall remain until each has spoken."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 am

Post by OscarWilde »

Oscar rubbed his forehead, growing simultaneously tired and restless.

"I really must have more of those rhymes. Wherever has that doctor gone?"

VOTE: Dr. Seuss
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:05 am

Post by OscarWilde »

"Mr Joyce seems to think that a few of our number are simply blowing warm air," Wilde observed. "I had thought to press Seuss for more rhymes, but it has been nearly a fortnight since he has last spoken. That's not unusual for our group though. It does seem that a good number of us have been very quiet for a very long time."

Pondering further, he commented on the proposed relationship between Rucks and Jacques. "I have not noticed it myself, however, that may be because I find Jacques to communicate his thoughts more clearly than Rucks does."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

Wilde raised himself from his chair and paced while thinking aloud.

"Seuss has still not offered much for us to work with, but Miss Austen assumes overmuch of his silence. The paper has not come in quite some time, which does bother me. I do not dislike the paper, but I might cancel my subscription as a matter of policy if it does not arrive soon."

He paused, both in speech and step. Without movement, his speech resumed, "To speak in favor of Miss Bradley, I have found that few villains will stand in criticism of the unaccused, as she has just done. I cannot say that I am in agreement that Stein is the greatest threat to us, but Bradley is demonstrating a certain recklessness that seems more common to the innocent than the guilty. This could be attributed to desperation, but it seems unlikely with the increased interest in Miss Austen. However, I am disinclined to join that crowd."

"In fact," Wilde continued, "I have noticed a very similar tone from ee cummings as I did when the Bradley lynch was the topic of discussion. It seems opportunistic."

VOTE: ee cummings
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"I must agree with the Lord here. A vote for pressure does little good if the pressure is not received. Marlowe, it does seem that you're just trying to keep up appearances."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

Wilde suppressed a yawn. "The hour grows late, and we must reach a conclusion before it is time to retire to our respective quarters."

Reviewing the cases presented, he commented. "I'm not entirely certain about the case on Bradley. We may be better suited to focus our attentions on cummings and Marlowe. Of what I have seen, they have given me the most cause for concern."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: I am never playing with an alt again. I only ever remember a game when it's on my main account.

"I can see the point you're raising Poe, but I find that a translation might be helpful for some of our friends. I for one can barely understand Joyce."

He paused briefly, suppressed a yawn, and continued. "I am still of the opinion that ee cummings is a fine option, but more than anything I'd just like to retire for the evening. I've become quite fatigued and feel that we will all see with a little more clarity in the morning."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

Wilde observed the voting pattern and nodded along.

"It seems like this is to be the decision either way. I will admit that I didn't read Ellis as closely as some others gathered here. However, I believe that I will trust in the wisdom of the crowd, and look forward to a nightcap and a nice four-poster."

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ellis
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:09 am

Post by OscarWilde »

"Good morning to all. I see that we have a new guest. And we have lost some of our number this night. It is curious though, the number and the names. Somebody has targeted an out of print newspaper for destruction. I do have my pet theories, but I'd like to refrain from making assumptions until more have weighed in, or it becomes exceptionally pertinent."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:47 am

Post by OscarWilde »

Wilde glanced at the Spinning Paper and nodded. "Well, it seems that the new paper is a bit of a lighter read than our dearly departed Bugle. I hope to see reasoning for the vote on Shakespeare in the next headline."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:45 am

Post by OscarWilde »

((Currently V/LA for studying.))

"I had thought people might look into Ms. Bradley again. It has gotten a bit stale though. I think our oriental friend is on to something though. I too would like those named to answer."

Wilde paused for a moment before beginning to muse aloud. "People are fascinating creatures. Bundles of contradiction and yet often without duplicity in such. What may be taken for villainy may simply be incompetence. Our mad friend Mr. Poe seems like the type who could be either. I do wonder why he did not list Ms. Austen, given their interactions in this game."

"For all the talk Mr. Phelps has made of God, I do find it curious that He has not spoken to us since yesterday. Perhaps it would be wise for us to petition Him, and seek His guidance in these dark times." (Prod on God?)
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"In light of the results of this recent contest, I think we can say where Seuss's loyalty lies. In light of that, perhaps MZB has a point in thinking that we should look a little closer at some of our friend's critics."

VOTE: Fred Phelps
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"Mister Phelps, would you say that it's possible for Seuss to be a villain, if we are indeed dealing with multiple factions? If we entertain the consideration of several parties involved in this affair, what does that change about the meaning of recent affairs?"
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 am

Post by OscarWilde »

Wilde lifted a flask to his lips and took a quick swallow.

"I like your passion Mister Phelps. I actually believe the indignation in your voice."

UNVOTE: Phelps

"I wonder if anybody else finds the exchange between Austen and Poe to be a little exaggerated. I think perhaps that Miss Austen thought to disassociate herself from Mister Poe by playing the victim. It would certainly help to defend from fallout should either be found out."

VOTE: Poe
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:06 am

Post by OscarWilde »

VOTE: William Shakespear

In the interest of ensuring a decision, Wilde lent his vote to the proceedings against Shakespeare.

"Knowing where Mr. Shakespeare's loyalty lies will benefit us greatly. Perhaps it is time to begin giving your defense sir, in the interest of time."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am

Post by OscarWilde »

Wilde greeted the day with a headache and precious little memory of the night before. Another member of their party was gone, but somehow those gathered had managed to expel a villain from their midst the previous evening.

"Since we have uncovered two of our enemies, perhaps it is time for us to look for common threads. I find it highly unlikely that there are any traitors among them. Losing two of their number in a single day seems highly unfavorable, and I feel confident in saying that those who pushed for the death of Mr. Shakespeare can be numbered among our friends. Shakespeare made attacks against Williamson and ee cummings for very similar reasons. As such I feel we can count cummings as a friend, albeit a very absent one. He also had said that we can trust God and Poe. While it seems unlikely that he would reveal two partners, one may be hidden within. Consider Poe, whom Ms. Austen fought so bitterly with when this all began. Is it possible that this feud was engineered to hide their connection to one another?"

Wilde rubbed his forehead and paused speaking for a moment. A thought then occurred to him.

"By his own admission Phelps ignored both Austen and Shakespeare. What sort of a person completely ignores two people that are revealed to be villains in the same day? I submit this for general discussion."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 am

Post by OscarWilde »

"Indeed I must apologize and thank Mr. Danielewski for correcting my error in judgment. I seem to have overlooked a few details. However, there is still the matter of Poe being named by Shakespeare. I will forget the words of Ms. Austen. She was eager to play the victim, and her words against Poe ring hollow. If however, Mr. Shakespeare felt death drawing near, is he the sort of man who might hide a partner in plain sight? His first endorsements were of Marlowe, cummings, and God. He eventually would turn against cummings, but he maintained a favorable view of God until his death, despite God having been prone to silence and compensation."

Wilde paused for a moment as he reconsidered the events of the very recent past. "Poe's opinion of Shakespeare developed naturally and organically. If either he or God are our enemy, it is more likely to be God, which seems fitting considering the horrors that have beset this place. In regard to Joyce, he seemed committed to the idea that Ms. Austen was one of us. He abandoned his vote against Seuss before the fight ended, but his last opinion of the conflict was that it was between two people of noble intent."

VOTE: Joyce

"Joyce didn't want to be caught with a vote on Dr. Seuss when we found out the true loyalties of Ms. Austen, but he couldn't turn against her without drawing attention to himself."

((OOC: Sorry for derping, I forgot that two teams had been suggested, and I didn't look back after Shakespeare's death to see that their names were given in different colors. Basically, my current thought is that Joyce's insistence on the gladiator combat being Town v Town seems ill-timed and just kind of bad in regards to how scummy Austen was and how one-sided the vote was. I think he was trying to get out while the getting was good.))
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 am

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: Yeah, after that last one Joyce is obvscum. Nobody is falling for that one since anybody with a night action would have had it redirected to Williamson and anybody without an action can look up Lightning Rod on the Wiki and know that Williamson took all the actions. If it was a town gambit, it was bad and we're better off without Joyce. But it wasn't.

Wilde made a note marking Joyce as his choice for the day before moving on to other topics.

"Dearest Gertrude, why must you behave so rashly? We can feel the heat coming from your words. Your vote only shows that you are upset that Poe thinks you a villain."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (isolation #20) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:42 am

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: I'm counting 10 here. Kaufman got the hammer.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

Wilde craned his neck to read Poe's work, amused by the structure of it.

"A feeling I can sympathize with. I'd like to see what comes of it."

VOTE: Stein
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"I can confirm that Confucius is indeed a Prostitute. I spent that night in the arms of someone whose face I did not see. It would seem that it was Confucius."

((OOC: I don't feel like writing IC right now, so basically I made some false assumptions about what order night actions get applied in and didn't really pay that much attention to my result flavor after I noticed the one-shot Lightning Rod. I am a town role cop. I have two night results, but my first night's result is already known to the town. I have a result that I was intending to hang onto until that player claims.))
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 am

Post by OscarWilde »

(I should make some corrections. I am actually a "Flavor Cop". I get just your role, not your alignment.)

"I would be more than happy to share openly my knowledge of all of you. On the first night I investigated our friend Dr Seuss. While we all know that he is a Gladiator, I also know that our host has permitted him to make a limited amount of challenges. I did not reveal his role because I wanted to see what he would do. I don't share the limit now because that knowledge only benefits Seuss's enemies, and thus our own if we count him among our friends. On the second night I investigated God, hoping to make sense of his absence. I appear to have been distracted in my pursuit of him however. Last night I investigated somebody who was revealed to me to be a Doctor. I would rather not expose that person without their consent which is why I would prefer to wait for them to step forward. If a person does not come forward I will accept a voice vote from those gathered, with every vote also being counted as consent to reveal their role if I have investigated them. Is that acceptable?"

((If you want me to reveal my results, post something to the effect of "I would like Mr. Wilde to reveal his night results. If I am a doctor who is not currently claiming, I give him my consent to reveal my role." This person has been suspected by several players. If they have claimed in thread they have not claimed honestly. If a claim comes forward I will confirm or deny it with my next post.))
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

((We are not counterclaiming one another. We are confirming one another's roles. I was roleblocked by Confucius. I don't know why he would make up an additional ability if it weren't true. I'm not bothered by it because he's much more a roleblocker than a flavor cop, seeing as the things he learns are much more vague than what I get. I'm inclined to think he's town because I'm not sure why he would act the way he has if he were scum. Also, for clarity since MZB keeps saying "Cop": I am a
Town Flavor Cop
. Also, I know that women are made to be loved, not understood, but could EL James explain why Jane OMGUSing Poe and flipping scum makes Poe scum? Going to bed now. I'll write IC later.))
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"Mr. Kaufman, I cannot say that the doctor is responsible for the no kill or that the doctor is even a friend, but I have chosen to give the doctor the benefit of the doubt and not expose him or her before there is consent or sufficient demand. I will confirm that there is at least one doctor among us. I will not confirm or deny anything short of his or her full identity. Until it becomes important I will continue to hold this information."

He turned his attention to the philosopher. "I greeted my fellow guests. "Good morning" in this context means simply "Good morning."

OOC:

Hulk, Confucius is a Prostitute, not a Role Cop. His role has some information gathering ability, but it is primarily a Roleblocker. I don't know anybody's alignment and there has been no reason for me to claim except that Confucius has claimed and brought attention to it. I do not know how much information Confucius got about me, but I can tell you with absolutely certainty that we are both telling the truth about our roles. The only question remaining is our alignments. I am town. I believe that Confucius is also town. I understand his suspicions of me. Unless there is a town roleblocker I would not advocate lynching Confucius. I have not intentionally hinted at my role or results. Good morning is a common enough first post and gladiator is an obscure enough role that I didn't really connect the fact that it could be construed as hinting. I had figured that I was roleblocked and I knew most of the town would interpret the other opening that way if they were at all thinking of what roles the rest of us might have. I had no idea that it was Confucius who roleblocked me until he mentioned that he's a Prostitute.

Our roles are not in conflict. I do not see why Confucius would come out as scum, so I think the reason he has a bonus power is that this game runs serious risk of town getting bogged down in flavor. Seeing as he is primarily a roleblocker, if he's scum he has to be with Shakespeare since Jane Austen and James Joyce were a roleblocker and a JOAT (which often has a roleblock included) so there's no room for a prostitute. The fact that Hulk Hogan is pushing the idea that they conflict is starting to make me suspicious of him. I'd like to believe that he's just not understanding what Confucius and I are saying, but it's getting ridiculous at this point.

I need to make another correction. I was just on my main and my PM doesn't actually have the role name on it, just the power. Our host PMed me to tell me the correct name of my role. Apparently it is Role Cop. The point I was making with stressing flavor is that I don't get to know alignment. It was after being on the wiki for a U-Pick and reading about the distinction between the two. Then I got confused. Did anybody else not have their role name listed in the PM? I get roles, no alignments.

Kaufman, what are you thinking caused the no kill? If you accept that Hulk Hogan is a Mafia Fruit Vendor, there is still one mafia kill to account for. I got a result last night which says there's a doctor in this game. Another town roleblocker? One mafia deciding to NK? Both if Hulk Hogan is innocent? If I'm town and I think that a town doc makes more sense than a scum doc, why should I out the doc before he or she is ready? Even if I die without outing them my town flip will tell you that there absolutely is a doctor and the only thing you'll need to worry about is a potential counterclaim situation, which should give you a scum flip since two town doctors is just insane.

In other news, I'm starting to consider sheeping Spinning Paper. He was onto Jane Austen and Shakespeare pretty early. The fact that he pushed both of those demonstrates that despite his post volume he's scumhunting and isn't doing too bad a job of it. I would encourage him to post a little more OOC though since his headlines aren't the most persuasive way to communicate scum reads.

My medication is starting to kick in, so I'm going to end this here and think more about it later. Please feel free to ask me for clarification of anything that didn't make sense.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #640 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 am

Post by OscarWilde »

"Mr Elliot, I have been completely forthcoming about myself, and I have been open about my wish to protect the doctor's privacy. Revealing the doctor's identity makes them a target. Revealing the name but not the role also makes them a target in that it reveals that I consider the information worth holding onto. Disclosing that I know who the doctor is only endangers myself, as I can prove or disprove claims of medical expertise. Until such a time when the doctor's death is clamored for or that it becomes more beneficial for us to know than it is for our enemies to not know, I'd prefer to keep that information."
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:49 am

Post by OscarWilde »

VOTE: Lemony Snicket

"The papers have indeed had a record of identifying villains early, and I am curious to see to see what comes of it."

((Yeah, I thought somebody might pick up on that after I posted it, especially after Marion mentioned being pretty sure that we did have a doctor in the setup. I think that was a big part of everybody figuring it out. Fortunately it seems like both teams got the same idea last night, so at least there's that.))
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 am

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC:

Confucius, the hammer was dropped before I could answer you. I spent most of the last week on Marathon so I didn't have time to switch from my main. So, answers.

1.) OscarWilde: what are your "pet theories" for what happened on Night One? Do you have any similar "pet theories" for Night Three?
They're invalid at this point. I forgot that there were two scum teams and I thought a Vig might have taken a shot at whatever newspaper got shot on the off-chance that it was scumlurk/flake. I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't want to get scum looking for a Vig, and I didn't mention it later because I was very wrong and I didn't want to waste time with it.

2.) OscarWilde, why did you not crumb any results on Day One or Day Three?
You of course mean Day 2 and Day 4 for Night 1 and Night 3. Quite simply because I hadn't meant to breadcrumb at all this game. I'm pretty sure everybody I've gotten a result on is town. I'd intended to just kind of hoard them until it was important.

3.) OscarWilde, why do your first posts of each game Day start with a reference to the dead players?
Flavor. The work I'm most familiar with from Wilde is The Picture of Dorian Gray, so I just went with a narrative style and treated the game as a roleplay. Night results are something easy to get me started writing. I didn't mention it in character today because I'm feeling kind of lazy.

Lemony Snicket:
Honestly questioning your judgment a little here. Why Seuss? Why Confucius. Confucius, did you block Lemony Snicket? If so, Confucius should have learned something about Snicket, so he can give us a hint about the claim's validity.

Confucius is definitely a prostitute, and I definitely got role-blocked by him. There's no question of that. I'm guessing that everybody being in the same room caused some odd things to happen.

PEdit: Danielewski keeps posting before I can get this up. Agreed on the points here. Nobody vote before Confucius has a chance to weigh in.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #724 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"Mafia fruit vendor? Are you kidding me?" ~ Oscar Wilde

"The necessary equipment of the fruit vendor is the fruit cart. And while amusing, the destruction of the fruit cart is merely the collateral damage of justice and a waste of good fruit." ~Oscar Wilde

OOC: I refuse to believe there's anything as lame as a Mafia Fruit Vendor in this game.

Okay, so night results. I can conf-town three people right now.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #726 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: God and Kaufman are conf-town. God is a neighborizer and I'm pretty sure that he targetted Kaufman. Based on:

In post 584, Charlie Kaufman wrote:Author's Note: Danielewski is pretty much confirmed town.
So is God.

VOTE: Gertrude Stein
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #728 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: 1-Shot Mafia Neighborizer is as bad as Mafia Fruit Vendor. And if Kaufman was scum he'd have just had God killed at night. I don't actually know that God DID target Kaufman, but I'm assuming so until I'm corrected.

My other result was nurse. Do you want a name?
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #730 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: Fair point I guess. I've never seen it come up, and the post from Kaufman came after a kill-less night. I'm getting town out of it. Maybe conf is too strong, but it's more likely than not.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #732 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

N1: Seuss - 1-shot Gladiator
N2: God - No Result due to roleblock
N3: MZB - Doctor
N4: Nurse
N5: God - 1-Shot Neighborizer
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: I've been targetting mostly people that I think are a little sketchy. God has been prone to absence, so I got curious. I was more interested in other people N3 and N4, but then I decided I did still want the result and went back for it.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #751 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:08 am

Post by OscarWilde »

"My vagina says that Rucks needs to die. ~EL James" ~Oscar Wilde

"You didn't get the hint Poe? Neither did I, but I was high." ~Oscar Wilde

"I will believe anything I read in the Spinning Paper." ~Oscar Wilde

OOC: EL James, only Spinning Paper gets to drop scum reads with no explanation and expect to be taken seriously. I realize that your post restriction requires you to write in cheesy pornographic prose, but could you drop some serious OOC for a little bit? I still have no idea what is bothering you about Rucks.

What are the reasons that Shaft might not have gotten fruit? There's no reason that Hogan should have been roleblocked. We all knew he was a fruit vendor. Possibilities:

1) Hogan is scum and didn't send any fruit last night (assuming that he can either kill OR send fruit).
2) Shaft is lying to make us paranoid about Hogan.
3) Shaft is a Nexus and somebody else got fruit.
4) There's another roleblocker who targetted a Nexus and got redirected to Hogan.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #756 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"Hookers and blow is what Oscar Wilde does!" ~OscarWilde

OOC: I have an informative role, so I have to be told something. Since Hogan just does the fruit he just sends it and hopes it arrives. He wouldn't be told if he was roleblocked.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #769 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

If it's 4-4 why would Hogan have sent the kill when mafia knows that we're watching for fruit? For that matter, why would Hogan claim to send it to somebody who is still alive if he killed somebody? That's paving the way for a 1v1 with a good chance that he'd lose.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #770 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

Names have been edited to reflect current/final state of the slot. Colors filled in for flipped slots.

Spoiler: Final Votes Day 1
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (
The Daily Bugle
)
Bret Easton Ellis
- 11 (
James Joyce
, Thomas Pynchon,
David Foster Wallace
, Rucks,
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Jane Austen
, Charlie Kaufman, Oscar Wilde,
Gregory Williamson
, Edgar Allan Poe, TS Eliot) L-2
Gregory Williamson
(Dr Seuss)

Jane Austen
- 2 (
Confucius
, Spinning Paper)
ee cummings - 1 (Rucks)
The Daily Bugle - 2 (EL James, Shaft)
Brian Jacques - 1 (Mark Z Danielewski)
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 4 (God,
Shakespeare
Lemony Snicket
Gertrude Stein
)

Not Voting - 2 (Hulk Hogan,
Bret Easton Ellis
)

Spoiler: Gladiator Final Count
Gladiatorial Votecount 1.2
Jane Austen
- 11 (
Seuss
, Poe, Danielewski,
Bradley
, Rucks,
Snicket
Shakespeare
, Pynchon,
Confucius
, Spinning Paper, Shaft)
Dr Seuss
(Austen)

Not Voting - 9 (Kaufman, Wilde,
Williamson
Stein
, TS Eliot, James, Hogan, God,
Joyce
)

Spoiler: Day 2 Final Count
Shakespeare
- 11 (Paper, Danielewski,
Confucius
Bradley
, Poe, Wilde,
Williamson
, , Pynchon, Shaft, Kaufman) Lynch!
James Joyce
- 1 (Pynchon)
Lemony Snicket
- 1 (
Seuss
)
Dr. Seuss
- 1 (Hogan)
Gertrude Stein
- 1 (Rucks)
Spinning Paper - 1 (
Joyce
)
TS Eliot - 2 (God,
Shakespeare
)
Hulk Hogan - 1
(Williamson)

Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 2 (TS Eliot,
Stein
)

Spoiler: Day 3 Final Count
James Joyce
- 10 (Danielewski, OscarWilde, Shaft, Spinning Paper,
Stein
, Poe, Eliot,
Snicket
, Hulk, Kaufman) Lynch!
Gertrude Stein
(Bradley)

Hulk Hogan - 1
(Joyce)

Not Voting - 6 (Pynchon,
Confucius
Seuss
, James, God, Rucks)

Spoiler: Day 4 Final Count
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (EL James)
Lemony Snicket
- 3 (Paper, Pynchon,
Confucius
)
Oscar Wilde - 1
(Gertrude Stein)

Gertrude Stein
- 9 (Poe, Wilde, Eliot,
Bradley
, Danielewski, Kaufman, Hogan,
Snicket
, Danielewski) Lynch!

Not Voting - 4 (Shaft,
Seuss
, God, Rucks)

Spoiler: Day 5 Final Count
Lemony Snicket
- 8 (Spinning Paper, Shaft, Pynchon, Eliot, Wilde,
Seuss
, Poe,
Snicket
)
Oscar Wilde - 2 (Lord God, Kaufman)

Not Voting - 8 (Poe,
Confucius
, James, Hogan, Danielewski, Rucks)
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #771 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

PEdit: Looks like I still managed to make a few mistakes when editing. Oh well. Looking for patterns.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #773 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

Errata:
Snicket
Seuss
are the last two votes on
Ellis
, on Day 1.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #774 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

Snicket
after
Williamson
on the
Shakespeare
lynch.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #775 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"What about the watermelon?" ~Oscar Wilde

If it's 3-3 Hogan would have to be purple. Hogan has been on 1 scum wagon, and that was Joyce's, while Joyce was also voting him, and he was late on that wagon. Shaft has been on every single scum lynch, and absolutely no town lynches. He's been early an orange and a purple and late on an orange and a purple. It didn't occur to him to vote Hogan until Spinning Paper made the case, which suggests that he was really curious about what happened. I believe that Shaft got no fruit, and unless somebody what happened to the fruit, it's looking like Hogan. There's one possibility for him to be town that I can see, that being that there's a Nexus, scum got the fruit, and is now withholding that fruit from the rest of us to push a mislynch on a humble fruit vendor.

That's kind of a longshot.

VOTE: Hogan
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #783 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is Hulkamania!" ~Oscar Wilde

"The great misfortune of not being alone." ~ Edgar Allen Poe.

OOC: Straight up, out of everybody Poe listed as possible scum, the only one I'm willing to vote right now is Hogan. Also, what did you mean by that last Poe?
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #784 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

He was off-base a few times, but he also called all of the dead scum pretty early in the game.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #812 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 am

Post by OscarWilde »

"You shouldn't have done that." ~Oscar "Ben" Wilde

OOC: I understand why EL James, but was there anybody else you thought about? She's playing awful, but I'm reading town on her.

PEdit: What've you got Hulk? Might as well share it with us.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #821 (isolation #46) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"PoE! PoE!" ~Oscar Wilde

"Seriously though, I'm not seeing a better choice." ~Oscar Wilde

"Who sleeps at night anymore?" ~Oscar Wilde

OOC: Rucks makes more sense than anybody else. Investigated Pynchon. He's got no special abilities so he's either VT or Mafia Goon. Thinking VT.

VOTE: Rucks
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #847 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

In post 841, Charlie Kaufman wrote:I'm the one that gave you the mannequin + doublevote. If you found it all slashed up, that means you were the kill target N3. I made sure with the mod that you would receive the BP vest BEFORE KILLS, so it was essentially treated as a doc protection for the night.

TO be fair, none of this CONFIRMS Danielewski as town, since we are in multiball. But it makes it less likely, I think.

"Fire trucks don't stop for red lights." ~Oscar Wilde

OOC: Interesting ability Shaft.

Elliot, have you used both shots up? Or was God your first target?
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #848 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

UNVOTE:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”