ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by ζ »

Noir wrote:actually 277 isn't as bad as i thought it was
DeasVail wrote:What did you think it was?
Noir wrote:bad

Classic.

VOTE: Paschendale
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am

Post by ζ »

In post 498, AurorusVox wrote:
In post 254, Paschendale wrote:
In post 171, Alsark wrote:Not sure how I'm supposed to use my power of converting people into vanilla townies during confirmation phase if we can't talk during confirmation phase.

This is what stood out to me the most. A roleclaim before the game had even started? And an extremely town-aligned role to claim. Sounds fishy to me.

Vote: Alsark

Vote: Paschendale

This guy gets it.

In post 497, Robocopter87 wrote:Alright look.

VIFAM IS TOWN

Reasons?

1. ACTIVITY

This guy ain't sittin in the back waiting to get called on, this guy has his hand raised 24/7. Hes been there, commented and everything.

2. INSIGHTFUL

You guys need to stop looking at the fact that its Vifam and start looking at the posts. Like THIS, THIS and THAT

3. CONDUCTING

This guy is keeping this game on the tracks. Just look at these. BAM BAM BAM.

So stop calling this guy scum. CUZ HE ISNT

dude man bro, these aren't towntells
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by ζ »

Phillammon's reads are useless, and he is probably scum.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by ζ »

Phillammon is now probably town. I was wrong. But his reads are still crap.

Paschendale remains a good vote. A Guy_Named_Riggs wagon would also be nice. People have already outlined why. Wondering if Alduskel has fallen off the face of the earth. His posts in the confirmation stage drew a lot of attention to him; I personally got a scum lean off them and could see his absence as self-conscious and strategic. Unsure about DeasVail, too (in terms of alignment).
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #639 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by ζ »

I'm a bit wary that so many people I'm not particularly fond of one way or the other are on Paschendale though, to be honest.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #641 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by ζ »

I'm a bit wary that so many people I'm not particularly fond of one way or the other are on Paschendale though, to be honest.

Sunshine and Rainbows: was that directed at me? If so, huh?
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #642 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by ζ »

Uh, that first sentence should read: 'After reading a few of Paschendale past games, my read on him has only firmed up slightly but I am now super jealous of how many power roles he managed to roll.'

Clipboard evidently malfunctioned.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1251 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 am

Post by ζ »

I realise that I am on a bit of a single-minded pursuit here, but Tazaro/Paschendale needs to be our lynch today. His positions feel utterly contrived.

e. g. vote shifts, vague/weak vote reasons, Amished tell, not to mention his predecessor. Let's wrap this day up.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1547 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by ζ »

VOTE: malpascp

His interactions with the two flipped Lord English aligned players point towards him being on the same team as them. For example, he awkwardly votes Pandorica ("Shiiiiit so much spam. Vote: Pandorica") and then justifies the vote later really badly ("My vote was kinda random, but either way Pandorica's reaction was really bad. And backfireing at everything is just anti-town.") What reaction? Backfiring? How?

Then he unvotes and votes Paschendale with more terrible reasoning ("ISO Pasch and laugh. Please just do it.") This reads like scum trying to sound townie in the absence of giving any actual reasoning for voting Paschendale.

In his next post he backs out of his Pandorica "scumread", and then actually
defends
Pandorica "It was just light scuminess, which is quite something that early on the game" and completely backs out of his previous read on Pandorica: "This was my (weak) reasoning on Pandorica," "At that point, the game had just started. I suspected Pandorica, but I wouldn't go to Hell and back to lynch him."

Later he finally votes a townie and tunnels on him aggressively.

And -- this is hilarious -- tries to cool down the Paschendale wagon: "Guys, lets get this straight. Do you think Tazaro, not Pasch, just Tazaro, is scummy enough to get lynched? I know this is not the only thing to take into account, but it would be nice to know after all why people are going back to that wagon after it lost some steam when Pasch replaced out."

Ahahaha.

Lynch it.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1548 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1547, ζ wrote:Later he finally votes a townie and tunnels on him aggressively.

What's more, malpascp's reasoning for voting buldemar is that buldemar allegedly "seriously" claimed scum, and that town would never "seriously" claim scum.

Pro scumhunting right there.

Vote malpascp.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1549 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Post by ζ »

Zdenek is also a possible scum candidate for the light greens, but malpascp must die first.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1553 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by ζ »

No it doesn't, Nachomamma.

I hate to say it, but if you read his ISO, the image of nervous scum unsure whether or not to bus his buddies comes across much more potently than in any effort I could manage putting it into words.

Look at how differently his attitude is when he votes buldemar than when he votes Pandorica and Paschendale. It screams scum.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1560 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1557, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1549, ζ wrote:Zdenek is also a possible scum candidate for the light greens, but malpascp must die first.

Why do you think I am scum?

Post by post catchups are a classic scum tactic designed to show that you are supposedly attempting to scumhunt and work productively. They're the closest scum can get to a townie stream-of-consciousness style post, because they show the reasoning behind your reads.

However the reasoning is so weak, and the very nature of a chronological review means that scum can get away with making individual judgements on parts of the whole, and then literally adding the scumpoints and townpoints up to give an overall conclusion of the person's alignment.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1561 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1556, Porfervor wrote:i just iso'd malpa myself and look at this inconsistent bullshit

[...]

"Pasch is scum"
"No just kidding he's null"
"I lied again haha he's town"
"guys wtf he's town"

lynch harder

Yep.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1567 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1564, Zdenek wrote:One thing that I don't like about Malpa is his asking for the modkill on Buldermar. The only time I think I have ever done this was to a scum buddy because it feels like really safe distancing as scum.

Do you realise how weak this is?

You're using meta where two players are both scum on two players who have both not flipped.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1575 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by ζ »

Zdenek: The fact that weak reasoning 'bothers you' indicates, in my opinion, that you are scum who cannot provide strong reasoning of your own.

I've ascribed scum motivations to posting a post by post catch up. If you can provide town motivations, I'd be surprised. I agree that it could be a playstyle thing in some cases, but the overwhelming scum motivation to do it makes me think that players for whom it isn't a playstyle thing who do it are more likely to be scum. So it's rather telling that you say you're 90% sure it's a playstyle thing but then don't refer to your own playstyle, or give examples of you doing it in the past, which are both things I would have done were I town and having my reasoning used against me.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1576 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by ζ »

Anyway, we should be lynching malpascp. He's pretty obvious.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1580 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1579, Zdenek wrote:The town motivations are obvious. Reading the thread is helpful for scumhunting. Especially after there's been two flipped scum. Trying to suggest otherwise is bizarre.

Those are town motivations for reading the thread, not for posting a post-by-post catch up. Try again.

In none of those did you post a post-by-post catch up.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1586 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Post by ζ »

Cheery Dog's interactions with flipped scum place him firmly in the suboptimal lynch pile for today.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1594 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1587, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1586, ζ wrote:Cheery Dog's interactions with flipped scum place him firmly in the suboptimal lynch pile for today.

sorry what

You look at what Cheery Dog has done and you say "that's stupid". You look at what malpascp has done and you say "that's scummy".

In post 1592, Mehdi2277 wrote:Zeta plenty of catch up posts occur. They are far from rare (and posting a list of links to games you haven't done them quickly is scummy how?)

I am aware "plenty of catch up posts occur".

My assertion is that if:

- a player does not have a history of making catch up posts

then

- he is likely making a catch up post because he is scum.

Zdenek didn't just not post links 'quickly', he didn't post them at all and showed no intentions of posting them. Zdenek said something like he was 'about 90% sure that catching up is not a scum-tell, and that it is a play-style thing', but he didn't say whether or not catching up posts were specifically a playstyle thing for him. Because he seemed to lack a history of making catch up posts, I thought he was likely making a catch up post because he is scum, as above.

My reasoning for why making catch up posts is a good strategy for scum is here.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1595 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1587, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1586, ζ wrote:Cheery Dog's interactions with flipped scum place him firmly in the suboptimal lynch pile for today.

sorry what

Look, I don't have Cheery Dog as a town read.

But malpascp is considerably more scummier than him. Just like Paschendale yesterday, he was exuding alignment with every post.

If you vote malpascp today, I'll vote Cheery Dog tomorrow.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1617 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1608, Zdenek wrote:Zeta, first of all, in the games I provided, [...] I think that your failure to actually consider the circumstances under which I replaced in and actually consider the posts reads at best as lazy and thoughtless. Yes, it's true that I usually break things down player by player, but in this game there was no way I was going to do that.

Why would I need to consider either of those things? I am considering a single thing: whether or not making post by post catchups as you did here is a playstyle thing for you. It's clearly not. And I think it's more likely that scum make or promise to make post by post catchups if it's not a playstyle thing for them.

All that said, Zeta, there was and is no way that I am going to provide self-meta unless asked. It's worthless. The fact that you are trying to paint me as scummy, for not providing links 'quickly' is completely silly, and yes I had no intention of providing them.

Self-meta, where you comment on your behaviour in previous games to 'prove' your behaviour in a current game, is worthless.

Providing data (e.g. games replaced into) is not worthless.

Finally, I'm not trying to paint you as scummy for not providing links 'quickly'. Did you just steal that argument from Cheery Dog? That's funny. The reason I found you scummy was because you didn't provide links at all. When you're trying to say that post-by-post catchups are a playstyle thing for you, you save a lot of time by just providing the data that proves it instead of just asserting it.

I don't believe that Zeta believes in his argument that scum provide catch-up posts because the same reasoning that his using here can be ascribed to Nacho's 1290: his official re-read, but Zeta didn't say hide nor hare about that.

I did not see Nacho's reread. Moreover, I try not to chase too many people in a day.

By the way Zdenek, your reasoning for xtopD townread is contrived.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1618 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by ζ »

Also it's odd how you dance around actually calling me scum. Don't worry, my feelings won't be hurt.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1619 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1605, Nachomamma8 wrote:also, while I'm here, let me say that I'm a bit paranoid of Z's "tryhard" mode today. It's like his scumteam took a hell of a hit yesterday and he wants to STEP UP because someone needs to carry his team now that the Faraday is dead. but he *might* have decided to stop being useless as fuck now that the posting is thinned out a lil' bit?

who knows

no it's more like i nailed scum yesterday and today i don't want it taking 60 pages or whatever

who were you voting for yesterday? cheery dog, right. who did you have as town yesterday? oh right, yeah, the scum pr who we lynched. who did you say was 'maybe' scum, the only person you listed as 'maybe' scum? oh yeah -- the scum pr who flipped in the night
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1620 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by ζ »

nachomamma's credibility and track record is so astounding i don't know why cheery dog isn't dead already

oh wait
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1621 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1547, ζ wrote:
malpascp wrote:Guys, lets get this straight. Do you think Tazaro, not Pasch, just Tazaro, is scummy enough to get lynched? I know this is not the only thing to take into account, but it would be nice to know after all why people are going back to that wagon after it lost some steam when Pasch replaced out.
This is a valid question. In fact, this is one of the good things that malp's brought to the table. People who weren't satisfied with the Pasch wagon started jumping on Tazaro with shitty reasoning, so it's a good observation to see if these people think that Tazaro is scummy or are just riding the "pasch is scum" wave.

No it's not a valid question. He's basically saying 'oh the wagon lost steam when pasch replaced out, why are you rejoining it'? He's committing the Amished tell for his buddy. Of course you take into view the actions of a replacement's predecessor, especially if they were as scummy as Paschendale's were.

He's just trying to stop his buddy being lynched.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1622 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by ζ »

Oh damn.

Text before the [/quote] is Nachomamma's, after is mine.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1624 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by ζ »

I tried. But I don't like it when people accuse me of being 'useless as fuck'.

It doesn't matter what it's called, it's still scummy.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1625 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by ζ »

Anyway, let's proceed with lynching malpascp, who has also been conspicuously absent since day started and, if my maths is correct, was online 6 hours ago but did not post.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1627 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1626, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't think malp as Pandorica's scumpartner, would be eager to defend one partner from another.

I don't think that scum-malp would care why people were voting his partner, and again, don't think he would take pains to defend him against a clearly more experienced and better scumpartner? No, that is stupid.

Before I address this.

Would you mind substituting the relevant names in (Paschendale/Tazaro, Pandorica)? Because malpascp has defended both green mafia who have flipped. (Which, you would think, would be good enough for a lynch right there...)
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1628 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1627, ζ wrote:Because malpascp has defended both green mafia who have flipped. (Which, you would think, would be good enough for a lynch right there...)

Like seriously, I don't get why everyone has to over-complicate stuff. This is gold.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1629 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 446, Pandorica wrote:
In post 444, malpascp wrote:OMFG Pandorica is so scum

stop being bad

This is also ridiculously forced.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1915 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1658, malpascp wrote:I still have some pages to read, only chance I have to post is tomorrow. Wagon on me noted.

In post 1699, malpascp wrote:Sorry guys, but I will be
V/LA until Saturday
, prob posting once a day or less.

And don't ask me for reads, I have a few pages to catch up with.

Superb posting.

In post 1902, malpascp wrote:Bunch of fuckers, please stop telling blatant lies.

Everyone else, please don't just swallow it when someone presents a fact. Fucking verify it before basing your opinions on them.

malpascp is crazy conspiracy theorist guy here

In post 1902, malpascp wrote:And don't ask me to me more specific, because that would be the fucking largest post ever seen on the Internet. Even bigger than Fate's 20 posts in a row.

I think it would actually be a really really short post. Because nobody's been telling blatant lies about you. We've been making reasonable assumptions about your alignment based on your posting history. And it sure sounds like they're gonna turn out to be correct :D

In post 1902, malpascp wrote:Also I don't understand why did Action Dan claimed. Or why didn't anyone said anything about that.

Haha, not even trying.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1916 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1774, Fate wrote:
In post 1626, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't think malp as Pandorica's scumpartner, would be eager to defend one partner from another. I don't think that scum-malp would care why people were voting his partner, and again, don't think he would take pains to defend him against a clearly more experienced and better scumpartner? No, that is stupid.

Personally, I think this can just be explained by malpascp being not great at being mafia.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1917 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Post by ζ »

oh wait, nachomamma is voting malpascp??? <333

WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED

votevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevotevote
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1918 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 1656, Zdenek wrote:Ok, so Zeta's Quilford. I have something to say about this, but it involves an ongoing game, so I'll have to keep my mouth shut for now. Suffice it to say that he's a liar who needs rope.

I have something to say about this, but it involves asking you to not make assumptions.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1919 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Post by ζ »

Anyway to sum up, my super awesome picks for scum maybe? I don't have strong reads on anyone but malpascp right now

malpascp
Sunshine and Rainbows
BroodKingEXE
Fate
AurorusVox
Zdenek
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1921 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by ζ »

All non-malpascp reads are gut. They're not in any order. One target a day is my motto for this game.

The malpascp wagon has become lazy because malpascp is posting infrequently. Also because he's pretty obviously scum. You've read my case on malpascp, why are you rejecting it? ;___;

I'm not swapping to brood because malpascp is a lot scummier than brood and because switching from a 9p wagon that is 5 glorious votes away from a scum lynch to a 1p wagon that is 13 less glorious votes away from a scum lynch is not productive.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2098 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 am

Post by ζ »

In post 2096, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:what bugs me is that he's been town tonally. but the vote patterns are shit now that i've given him a quick re-read. let's do this

tone >>>>> vote patterns
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2099 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 am

Post by ζ »

AVox is a tempting vote, I must say.

However, malpascp's claim is not particularly convincing and I still want him dead.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2397 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 2334, Zdenek wrote:The reason for the Cheery wagon are the Noir interactions:
In post 1542, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 451, Noir wrote:or at least take your vote off cheery dog since he has no other votes on him and is no worse than combinatorial or paschendale and vote paschendale instead since you called him bad. or vote combinatorial

In post 455, Noir wrote:actually cheery dog does look fucking terrible in light of mini 1368. it's like he hit his head or something

In post 931, Noir wrote:cheery dog you are so fucking bad

MAKE HER A MEMBER OF THE MIDNIGHT CREW

wow, that's all of one reason!

not to mention that it's noir interacting with cheery and not the other way around.

---

VOTE: AurorusVox

malpascp is coasting big time i think though, he should die next.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2398 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by ζ »

In post 2387, Porfervor wrote:how the fuck did the malpa wagon fall apart fuck you all

*hug*
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2563 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 am

Post by ζ »

VOTE: malpascp

porfavor, take a chill pill. I 'abandoned' malpascp because everyone else was jumping off him onto AurorusVox and I figured the wagon on mal only had like four votes on it and besides, AurorusVox's scumminess was really starting to manifest.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2564 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 am

Post by ζ »

DeasVail, I like your new hat.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2865 (isolation #45) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by ζ »

Hm.

I don't want to lynch Vifam.

And I want to lynch AurorusVox a lot more than I do Zdenek.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2866 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Post by ζ »

Also something's happening with Maenara??? Need to read.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2867 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by ζ »

Yeah let's not kill Maenara.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2868 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by ζ »

Meh my reads aren't really that great atm, feel like we're going in the wrong direction.
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3459 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by ζ »

Sanjay is town though
ζ
ζ
Townie
ζ
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3460 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by ζ »

I'm torn between finding Vifam scummy and town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”