Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #751 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:20 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 749, StefanB wrote:How serious was Sixty?
What about it? We were quoting GreyICE.

(You are not a scumread.)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1413 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am

Post by Tierce »

Via PM, Vi wrote:Dresden Files Mafia. Role PM. Last part of flavor. Triggered SK. Do not let ABR claim or otherwise die (easy since ABR is etc.) We are free to claim Mason though. Do not claim triggered SK obvity obv.
:shifty:
Maybe this would happen, maybe not. But we were rather amused by the idea of going against this last set of players as a Very Much Confirmed Town Serial Killer if ABR had died.

The only votes on us happened during RVS~

Shamrock didn't touch us last Night. The knightly intention was there, but we Commuted.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1425 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 am

Post by Tierce »

Something I want to bring up, because it was utterly adorable:
On the N3 result PM,MagnaofIllusion wrote:You come home from a rousing game of “Chase the Ball” to find a box labeled “For the Puppy” on your doorstep. I guess being adorable and fluffy has it’s advantages. Inside is a glass vial with some sort of orange liquid inside. The note attached says something about “moving like lightning while in cloud-like state.

You have received the following abilities

Escape Potion (1-shot, Active) – You may drink this potion on any Night you choose. If you choose to drink it you will be untargettable by any other abilities that Night.

Now to read so much stuff.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1432 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Tierce »

(>")> Massive props to Vi for having spotted the Serial Killer break in our flavor. I thought it was possible, then doubted its likelihood as the game went on. I was surprised that Tera was a potential SK as well, though.

Someone big and bad was missing, and made me a tad paranoid at end: Kravos, the Nightmare. I was expecting
something
to go wrong there.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1434 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

Post by Tierce »

See, I had a reason to keep pidgey from sending us the question's answer.

And yes, that major obvTown push on D4 was on purpose, because we had the Commuter potion. We wanted to absorb a night-kill.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1438 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Tierce »

Other things (so many things about this game all at once wooo):

Yes, the D1 and D2 non-obtrusive play was intentional. Vi kept saying "you're being obvTown again" >.>
Masons are at their best when they can confirm themselves later in the game, and we didn't want to eat a NK that early. I kind of got carried away in that (very magnificent, haters to the left) GreyICE case and started being an element. Good thing it didn't have drastic results with lots of claws and angry teeth~

Konowa, read our Mason QT, especially the points on you.

Thanks for modding, MoI. Well done to our fellow Town.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1441 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:38 am

Post by Tierce »

Hey, if it does the trick, I have no complaints about the reasons~

I defend that our claim and my following post are the best posts in the game. /)U^_^U/)

And... yeah, we were going "huh,
Morgan
, powerhouse killer-warden, a 'field-medic'--come again?"

And talking about the flavor, we were pretty much screwed if we flipped to SK mode after claiming, as it would likely be a very obvious loup-garou kill.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1442 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 20, kortul wrote:
In post 17, Sixty wrote:The most intelligent post in the game
has
been made by someone with ICE in their name, yes.

Vote: ICEninja
(L-7)
Heh, this sounds like Tierce! Maybe she isn't eaten after all :)
UNVOTE: Sixty
That wasn't me~
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1459 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Tierce »

ICEninja 1457 wrote:I would like to personally take credit for the Grey's lynch on day 1. I know I wasn't the only one pushing it but for crying out loud I pushed hard and early.
You did, but so did we, and we had a considerably better constructed case, if I say so myself. The puppy deserves a share in the credit. ^.^
Zdenek 1458 wrote:I believe that the credit for Grey's lynch on day one goes to the two scum teams.
No. Even though all the scum bussed Grey, there were Townies (e.g. this lovely puppy) ignoring Klick's "guilty" on Thor and acting rationally. And we got a two-for-one special when we nailed ckd as well from his D1 play and interactions.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1477 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1476, StefanB wrote:Actually Marcone as town made more sense than Murphyscum. (When is Marcone really a villain in the first 3 books)
Marcone is probably one of the most honorable guys in the series, and that's saying a lot. (Well, other than the obvious ones.) He's a "bad guy" by the standards of society, but in the Dresdenverse, he is rather tame because he has such a solid core of ethics that he does not break.

Karrin as scum... well, she does work
despite
the police force at times, but it's still a bit of a stretch to see her working willingly with Hendricks and Denton. With that said, it's not unexpected to see a protagonist as a scum role, and the puppyhalves thought Dresden was a likely fakeclaim until sword claimed--he had been playing so pro-Town until then (and was cleared already) that it seemed pretty absurd to call him scum.

(We still cannot forgive you for 'vesty', though, s_o_o.)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1479 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 am

Post by Tierce »

Where was my lovely Nightmare. :(

If the "Scared to death" flavor started coming up, jason would be my first suspect, because I would associate Lindquist and Kravos/the Nightmare. Dead serious--it would be the best flavor match given everyone's claims. And no, I wouldn't consider him a likely SK--we knew
we
were the potential SK, if there was one in the game, though I obviously played it down in the thread; also, frankly I don't think jason could have come up with the role and the interaction with ICEninja, so the claim of his ability was true, at least. I would have thought it would be a blue scum kill flavor (oops?), and would have turned on jason. The second possibility for that flavor, imo, would have been Bob, so hey, dead traitors either way~

(Actually, when Vi told me about the SK speculation, I regretted it for a couple of days, as I think it was coloring my view of the game and behavior in it. Then I just went back to
troll game --> lynch scum
mode ^_^;)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1481 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1480, Thor665 wrote:suggest that what Klick was actually was said werewolf FBI guy and that he had an ability to find werewolves and that's why he wanted me dead
Oh you would have been so nailed on flavor on this bit. That would make no sense at all with the way each theriomorph works in the Dresdenverse.

If you don't know the flavor and the mod provides full fakeclaims with flavor worked in, don't refuse that opportunity. That idea of yours would be on par with Klick's horrible claim.

ckd had some really weird perceptions of flavor, too. He was the FBI hexenwolf, but somehow thought at least one scumteam was composed of wolves/theriomorphs? :/ To the point it took "exploding heart" flavor to tell him that Victor Sells was not a wolf? Do a bit of flavor research if you don't know the source, it's not like a google search takes that long...

Spoiler: Explanation of the flavor, based on the characters in Fool Moon, the second book of the series
There are four different types of lupine theriomorphs in the Dresdenverse. Lycanthropes are humans with berserker rage, like the Vikings; they don't shift. Werewolves are humans who learn to shift into wolf form, but don't have wolf instincts. Loup-garous are a cursed bloodline of humans that turn into wolf-like killing beasts during full moon. Hexenwolves are humans with a magical wolf pelt belt that allows them to shift into huge, ferocious wolves, but they tend to be corrupted by the magic of the belt, which is very hard to control. They don't have any special ability to spot other wolves.

Parker is a lycanthrope.
Georgia and Billy Borden (and the rest of their group, called the Alphas) are werewolves.
Harley MacFinn is a loup-garou.
Agent Denton (FBI) is a hexenwolf.

Then there is Tera West, who is a wolf that can turn into a human. She is Harley MacFinn's fiance and the one who trains the Alphas on behaving like wolves when in wolf form.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1483 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1480, Thor665 wrote:what Klick was actually was said werewolf FBI guy and that he had an ability to find werewolves and that's why he wanted me dead
This. Denton would not have this kind of ability.

Billy as a watcher didn't make much sense either, tbqh. As a tracker, follower, bodyguard, motivator, neighborizer, co-[ability] anything, that could be feasible on flavor. Watcher, not so much.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1487 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1485, Vi wrote:
Tierce wrote:He's a "bad guy" by the standards of society, but in the Dresdenverse, he is rather tame because he has such a solid core of ethics that he does not break.
You're forgetting how Dresden tries so hard not to punch the guy in the nose for basically controlling All Things Scummy for his own purposes.
I didn't say they were
upstanding citizens ethics

In post 1485, Vi wrote:
Tierce wrote:(Actually, when Vi told me about the SK speculation, I regretted it for a couple of days, as I think it was coloring my view of the game and behavior in it. Then I just went back to troll game --> lynch scum mode ^_^;)
Admit it, it was fun. One day you may actually be real scum, but this pretend mock-up was fun for the puppy to toy with, wasn't it?
Yes. Yes it was. ^_^ But that will never happen, obviously.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1490 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Tierce »

Denton wasn't hunting werewolves, though. He was killing specific targets (he got into this whole hexenwolf business by trying to hunt down corruption, then lost control over his own nature along the way) and using Harley MacFinn as a patsy.

...Look, just read the books already. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”