PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (isolation #200) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2626, Xelath wrote:
In post 2625, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2618, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 2617, Nostredeus wrote:Q1) Do you think I'm scum?
Leaning so, yes, but not 100%. I can hear an argument for why Yates would be scum over you. It would have to be a damn-good argument, though, one which you have yet to deliver.

You gave the argument yourself for Yates as scum in QT post 121. Xelath please verify.

Your own QT post 76 finds Stranger as town, which you are busting Yates for in QT posts 121. Xelath please verify.

Your own QT post 73 finds Devotress as scum, but you did not investigate her. Xelath please verify.

What am I verifying?

That what I said AuntJ said in the QT posts I gave is true. Nost can't see it, and you're confirmed town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2631 (isolation #201) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2627, Aunt Jemina wrote:I had better investigation targets that night. I have stated as much previously. I cannot investigate every single scumread of mine in the same night. I needed to verify Lurky was a doctor, and that took priority over a VT claim. To argue otherwise is ludicrous.

If your not using your ability to investigate your scumreads, then you aren't really scumhunting, now are you?

Lurker protected Xelath who he thought was town.
I investigated people I thought were scum.
qwints investigated AJ who he thought was scum.
Xelath shot players he thought were scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2634 (isolation #202) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2632, Aunt Jemina wrote:I investigated Darthy, who I was suspicious of on his nameclaim alone.
I investigated Qwinny, who I thought was lying.
I investigated Lurky, who I thought might be scum.
I investigated you, who I had growing suspicion on.

Your investigations make no sense from a town perspective.

Darthe maybe, but scum might think James Bond= PR.
Qwints if telling the truth would have to die or be roleblocked. Since I was being roleblocked, he would have gotten results if he lived.
The doctor would be self-proven by stopping kills or being called on it.
You investigated me and are now claiming I'm a scum lie detector. This is as useful as tits on a boarhog to scum, so it doesn't make sense.

Despite this, you are pushing it as fact despite it's senselessness.
There is another player doing that. Guess who it is?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2673 (isolation #203) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Between Stranger's 3 roleblocks on me, AuntJ's investigation, Yates neighborizing, and Devotress's TOWN result, and reading the scum QT, I feel like I was playing against the enitre scumteam, including your honorary member Majiffy.

@Nost- did you just get tired of playing? Why the early end and bad vote?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2674 (isolation #204) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:42 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2670, Aunt Jemina wrote:And for the record...I am surprised we actually pulled through.

Why
did
Devvy return as innocent, anyway? That's not how I would think a lie detector would work, and it's one of the main things which gave us leverage to lynch Grinny.

We had 3 straight days of town deaths and 3 days of lylo or mylo. How did you think you weren't going to win?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2675 (isolation #205) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

GF result: Holy shit! I'm already a weak ass cop that can't detect opinions, only facts, and the only way I became useful was because of the mass roleclaim, which ultimately sucked for town.

Based on this, curious as to how a GF affects:

Hider
Weak Cop
Gunsmtih
Insane cop

@Yates- I had already asked Jason about multiple names, etc. and he said no, but the fact you bit on it gave you a slight townread when you first replaced in.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2676 (isolation #206) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:49 am

Post by PeregrineV »

And I thought it trough and if, but some grace of God Yates or AuntJ was lynched, town would have still lost.

Yates, me, Nost, Xelath
Kill Nost, stick with Pere scum, Xelath votes me.

AuntJ, me, Nost, Xelath
Kill Nost, stick with Pere scum, Xelath votes me.

Kind of depressing.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2677 (isolation #207) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2662, jasonT1981 wrote:With this ending, my next large will be in signups soon, I am accepting pre-ins and accepting requests to be notified when in sign ups.. It is a friends/how I met your mother/ two and a half men/big bang theory mash up Closed UPick draft style. Titled - How two and a half friends banged your mother.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4752682

PM me if you want /in :D

Hated the GF result to the lie detector. If she had said "Yeah, I'm the godfather. :roll: " and I lie detected that, would result would I get?

I thought the 4 scum power vs 5 town power to be heavily scumsided. The masslcaim idea was good on AuntJ's part, but it really only outed me and Xelath. Doc and cop stayed hidden (as they should have). The only reason I claimed was hoping the cop would shut up, and to make everyone post the I am town, which gave me cop-like powers. qwints being the early cop outted so soon hurt us bad.

/grumble grumble grumble

:shifty:

/pre-in for banging mom
:lol:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2679 (isolation #208) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2678, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 2672, Darthe wrote:Aunt J stole this game, but all in all it was an impressive display from the entire team.
In post 2673, PeregrineV wrote:Between Stranger's 3 roleblocks on me, AuntJ's investigation, Yates neighborizing, and Devotress's TOWN result, and reading the scum QT, I feel like I was playing against the enitre scumteam.
This is my sentiment as well. I was incredibly impressed with the play of my scumbuddies. Though I played a strong early-game, their late-game play was what really pulled us through.

In post 2674, PeregrineV wrote:We had 3 straight days of town deaths and 3 days of lylo or mylo. How did you think you weren't going to win?
Yates and I were rather buddy-buddy in 5P lylo. If one of us went down, the other was likely to die. Convincing the town that there was a scum lie-detector is something I went into the day skeptical of being possible. I thought our best chance of winning was when we had all four members alive, and that once Cougy got lynched that our chances of winning dropped significantly.

You kept the long-term view in the scumQT, Yates brought activity, and Devotress came up with good logic in the end also.

I hate all of you, but well played. :P
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2680 (isolation #209) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Speaking of which,
Xelath and Nost
, tell me why the hell you believed in a role called Mafia Lie Detector. :eek:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2690 (isolation #210) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2681, Nostredeus wrote:Honestly I couldn't know what exactly was in that neighbourhood QT, I wanted a lynch on AuntJ, who had legit no case on me, but it wasn't going to happen. I had no leverage to push Xelath towards AuntJ and yates/AuntJ had this QT thing, which I honestly don't think is that conclusive but was working big time for them since I had no access to it; we were done for even if I'd voted AuntJ.

I dunno why you investigated me, a yates investigation would have been golden, I take it you thought I was more likely to be scum? If so I'll go ahead and take a lot of the rap for this loss, potentially I could have played more townie late game. *Shrugs*

I choose you because I already thought one of Yates/AuntJ was scum, but not the other. If/when I got the "scum" result on you, we could lynch you but I would also get to see how AuntJ represented her result on you, to either try to get you lynched (meaning she was town, or not, meaning you were scum).
But, first Majiffy flips town,
Then my investigation of town flips scum,
and you flip town.

Holy shit!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2691 (isolation #211) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2682, Nostredeus wrote:I also needed the cred on the off chance Yates was town and you were scum; best play of a bad lot imo.

You said it yourself, why would I come back with a town result on Devotress when I could have come back with a scum result the day before and ended/won the game as scum with the mislynch?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (isolation #212) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2683, Xelath wrote:
In post 2680, PeregrineV wrote:Speaking of which,
Xelath and Nost
, tell me why the hell you believed in a role called Mafia Lie Detector. :eek:

I didn't really believe it 100%, but the game seemed pretty trollsy at that point, so I was like, "What the hell?! It seems like anything is possible at this point."

Like I said, glad you shot Devo, because I wouldn't have voted her at all, but how Yates or AuntJ came across as more believable than the GF flip + town result I don't get.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2693 (isolation #213) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2689, Yates wrote:
In post 2672, Darthe wrote:Yates, I can't believe you managed to be that blatantly aggressive and get away with it. How much time did you have to spend reading this thread man?

A lot, my friend. A LOT!

The first couple of days I figured I was all but lynch proof until "someone" was able to pull off an investigation on me. Once SC went down, I figured either AuntJ or I would go down next. I'm kind of surprised PV went after Devo instead unless he was sure she was scum. Little did he know...

Coming in as a scum neighborizer gave me a pretty good advantage. Plus Inte being inactive meant you had no wagon analysis on my slot for the mislynches. I figured I would go full balls mode and throw my weight into getting you mislynched then playing dumb later. What kind of an idiot scum would go so hardcore after a mislynch? :good:

I tend to investigate people whom I'm *not* sure about so I can become sure about them.

Yeah, AuntJ super-protecting Darthe and my super-protecting Devo was definitely spun against me.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (isolation #214) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

That would mean GF is immune to Cops and Lie Detectors if detecting the statement "I am town", but vulnerable to gunsmtihs, insane cops and paranoid cops?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2700 (isolation #215) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2698, Devotress wrote:He's only vulnerable to insane cops if the cop investigates them before investigating any vanilla townies I think. He'd be more vulnerable to insane cops if he showed up as town to them, since eventually an insane cop is going to figure out what is going on.
Same deal with paranoid cops. If a cop gets guilty results on everyone, including flipped vanilla townies, and then he suddenly investigates someone and they show up town? The point of a godfather is to be protected from cops, he shouldn't be the only person in the game who can be a confirmed scum read to paranoid cops.

So GF isn't immune to those cop types, he gets the opposite of his normal result?

Paranoid cop invesitagets and always gets guilty.
GF role gives favorable result to cop.
In theory, GF returns a guilty.
???

Will start this up in Mafia Discussion too.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2701 (isolation #216) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2700, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2698, Devotress wrote:He's only vulnerable to insane cops if the cop investigates them before investigating any vanilla townies I think. He'd be more vulnerable to insane cops if he showed up as town to them, since eventually an insane cop is going to figure out what is going on.
Same deal with paranoid cops. If a cop gets guilty results on everyone, including flipped vanilla townies, and then he suddenly investigates someone and they show up town? The point of a godfather is to be protected from cops, he shouldn't be the only person in the game who can be a confirmed scum read to paranoid cops.

So GF isn't immune to those cop types, he gets the opposite of his normal result?

Paranoid cop invesitagets and always gets guilty.
GF role gives favorable result to cop.
In theory, GF returns a guilty.
???

Will start this up in Mafia Discussion too.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2702 (isolation #217) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

That said,
@Majiffy
- what the holy hell? Why would you self-vote when no one was pushing you except me? Why work so hard to provide nothing?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2709 (isolation #218) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2708, StrangerCoug wrote:...Yeah. Even with my proceeding to shoot myself in the foot (that's quite literally what I think happened—I feel I did great before that), what I think happened is that town made fewer mistakes than scum did. I feel the lie detector investigation results are bastard, but even without those, I think Yates would have sold me on PeregrineV-scum if I were living town at that point. Town trying to direct the vig onto himself when a misshoot costs the game is ill-thought out as it is, and Devotress flipping would not have helped in the slightest.

Yeah, but I that point I thought a devotress town-flip would lose us the game anyway. So, if'n I was wrong about a 4man scumteam, then I wouldn't have to be alive to worry about it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (isolation #219) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2712, Majiffy wrote:
In post 2704, Yates wrote:To be fair, about 1/2 of those people were scum.

Yeah, well
I
knew that. But what the hell am I supposed to do when a bullheaded PR is insistent that I'm scum because of confbias when he was roleblocked investigating me and instantly assumed I was investigation immune?

Devo, in regards to your question, I didn't like Jemina and I liked Lurker, so probably not.

Yeah, all that speculation was pointless when I really did hit the II GF later in the game.

Oh Irony, you are a Bitch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”