Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Cerulean, let's try a different tact.

Assuming we're town, how likely do you think it is that we're wrong about Jason and that he's actually scum?

Assuming we're not town, how likely do you think it is that Jason is scum vs us going out of our way to white knight him?

Consider the answer to either scenario there while you're working out in your mind whether Jason is still worth pursuing at this point in the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 751, Benmage wrote:

Also games 31 pages now.... D1.... Need to start compromising on wagons. (Hint Hint Mcstab/Zdenek or Petapan/ActionDan)

We'll end up on Zdenek if we need to compromise, but not ready to do that yet.

More confident in TGAH than any other lynch.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So basically you care as much about what changed our position on you as you seemingly have about the game since about the halfway point of day 1?

See, your early play hit what we know of your town meta to a T, but your play since has basically been coasting, and you've actually spent a large part of the game completely disinterested in our reads, which is another trait that is unlike town Jason and more like scum Jason.

So yes, our read on you has waivered for that reason. It's also waivered because despite TGAH ruthless attacks on you, you never seemed all that interested in lynching them. So that's the other mystery for us. What lead you to town read that slot? (And if you weren't townreading them, why the hell weren't you voting them?)

I mean you can rebut that we're depending too much on the tendency of your town play in regards to following our suspicion, but the lack of vote on TGAH from your position doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me, even more so because I can't find anything in your iso where you ever give a clear indication of what you thought of their play.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 1266, Nostredeus wrote:Oh you're voting me, I'm shocked, truly I am...

I suppose if you ignore all of the words around Jason saying "I'm not bothered" then I you can probably pretend that Jason only responded with "I'm not bothered", if however you go ahead and read all of Jason's stuff you'll see things like the line I quoted:

"I replied... I'm not wasting time by chasing after you asking why oh why did you change your mind... if you have a solid reason, you would have posted it by now."

Or directly from the same post you quoted:

"Not too sure what to make of Sottys vote TBH it is kinda weird they want me to respond to their vote before explaining it."

I dunno how that can be read other than Jason wanting an explanation before responding.

It can be read by interpreting him saying he's not too bothered meaning that he's actually not too bothered. Are you actually being serious here? Really?

It's not insignificant that you omitted him saying that either.

In post 1266, Nostredeus wrote:With regards to V/LA, like, V/LA is V/LA I dunno why Jason can't post over the weekends but honestly I don't care as long as it is consistent both when Jason is town/scum; which, you know, it is...

Given that ^ there's probably a difference between someone coasting over a weekend when it's clearly not a scum-tell and someone coasting in the sense that they didn't have to respond to any heat on them for an entire in-game day; sure we've used the same words but frankly we have different meanings when we say "coasting" and yours is crap.

It wasn't just about that V/LA. (It is part of it, but it's not
everything
in regards to the coasting.) That post was my annoyance with him going on V/LA and delaying any progress in a read on him over the weekend.

In post 1266, Nostredeus wrote:This stuff about how I've brought a read on SAD out of no where is really odd, given that you've just dragged a read out of no where on Jason after calling him town D1 I'm not sure who you think that's gunna be convincing? The difference between us is I gave reasons and allowed others to provide input on those reasons, you voted then gave reasons a number of posts later based on stuff that happened AFTER the vote.

You flipped, made a weak attempt to explain your change in position, and didn't even put a vote behind it. What's the crux of what is scummy about my play if your similar play there was not? The fact that I didn't immediately explain the vote? The fact that I actually voted based on my changed read? (A play that generally accomplishes more than not voting.)

Not to not immediately explaining, part of purpose of the play was to get reactions
before
explaining the vote. If I say I intend to explain the vote and eventually do, what does it matter if it's not immediately when cast? It just seems like you're opportunistically attacking me for breaking some concept of expected play meta.

In post 1266, Nostredeus wrote:The stuff on TML is a general worry/observation that no one has made any effort towards looking into TML, that's all I'm saying there, if I say something more you can read into that all you want but I recommend you wait for me to say something more first.

See you're putting the fact that no one is interested in looking into TML on the town. You have a vote. You have the ability to question and pressure to try to get a better read. You're not doing that in regards to TML. The result of your action is an attempt to cast a dark cloud (and somewhat vaguely.) over TML while putting the onus on the town to actually pursue him. It shouldn't be hard to see why I find it hard to see that coming from a pro-town mindset.

In post 1266, Nostredeus wrote:I'll vote based on other people's reasoning all I want, and change stance based on other people's reasoning too; see me changing stance on the mass name claim early D1, shockingly other people can have convincing thoughts too.

tl;dr: herp derp bro?

I'm not saying other people can't have convincing thoughts. I'm saying that it's concerning that your positions follow (and seem to depend on.) other people's convincing thoughts. This is a great way to avoid responsibility for lynches, and also a great way to put that responsibility on others. It's a great position for scum to be in.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1751 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Unvote: Vote: BT

Sure why not?

Pretty much willing to lynch Kise/BT in any order.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2009 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 2005, BT wrote:

Otherwise I'd take a guess and say sotty is scum for his no less than active lurking through all of this wagon consolidation crap. Even without that, their latest post guts as scum. I'm pretty sure they haven't commented on me for a while so they're effectively ignoring the fact that I was on Kise with them. Would totally quicklynch.

What does you being on Kise have to do with anything? We already think you're both scummy at this point. You voting him doesn't change that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2020 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Nost's post basically distanced himself from every recent major wagon.

DO

NOT

AT

ALL
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2043 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 2042, Nostredeus wrote:
In post 2039, sottyrulez wrote:I just read that particular post again.

*You said you weren't arguing that we were a good information lynch.

*You then go on to argue about how we'd be a good information lynch.

My

God.

Yeah I think, like before, it's pretty clear that my point has been made. I even used arrows to help you avoid this confusion, you're being intentionally obtuse, you're scum.

Oh so because YOUR vote isn't on the basis of us being a good information lynch, you don't have to explain to everyone else you're
trying to get to vote for us on that basis
how we'd be a good information lynch?

Got it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3467 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I think it was him getting away with lurking for so long? I don't know...

The only real complaint I have is with Kise's play. I can live with everything else that happened.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3472 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3469, Konowa wrote:Waaaaay too much time was spent meta analyzing the traitor role and whether or not it's typical for him to bus. If you had looked at Jason's D1 play aside from our slot's interaction I feel Town should've lynched him.

Had fun telling Dead QT. Thanks for modding Faraday.
I feel somewhat guilty for misreading Jason here... but us dying as we wavered on him should have been a clue.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3482 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3477, Benmage wrote:The traitor role, I lynch/bus and get zero credit.

The lyncher is now someone I can't force a mislynch on.. Thats a benefit to the town.

SCUM QT

The kills were tactically done, by yours truly. Zach died early as a foreshadow of a slot difficult to lynch down the road. Someone who I was worried could turn it on at any time. I also thought the slow play might have been PR related.

I had to keep Plessie and Cerulean alive for sometime because killing them and me being alive would raise questions :wink: :wink: .. that was atleast when I was still having fun.

I think I did play a solid game (overall I guess)... when I had the time.. I just felt I could've been even better had I not been so crazed with RL.
Funny enough, the slow start had to do with me dealing with my own rl issues and Sotty having a lot less time than she's historically had to keep caught up.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3484 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh wow, I am finding it somewhat amusing that we were believed to be town power... guess you can't read me either Jason. :P
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3496 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3494, Faraday wrote:
In post 3490, Oversoul wrote:It is more while your intentions are good (to break a trust tell) you knowingly broke the tell in order to further your win condition so it still was cheating.
That's not cheating. It's playing against expectations. Once he commented in MD the trust tell was pretty much broken. There are things I've "never done" as scum. Breaking them isn't cheating. Were you cheating in Chrono Trigger when you've said "I've never breadcrumbed as scum", of course not. + ben didn't bring up his meta so.
Even without the MD commenting, I can't see it as cheating.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3503 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We should have lynched the lyncher... but yes... blegh to lynchers.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3511 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Given how early we died you were probably better off the way it worked out.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3534 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3530, camn wrote:I was set on Benmage! Then DV convinced me he would have played it the same as scum, and I became convinced he was taunting me!

Next time, I wont let them talk.

You were swayed by WORDS instead of BLOODLUST. ;)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”