bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:59 am

Post by bigAl »

Hi, I still have some reading to do, but have a midterm tomorrow so I probably won't be caught up until ~tuesday/wednesday. (Oh how I miss 'view all posts' at a time like this...)
al_kohaulec wrote:Those who were left behind – 7 – dahen, Toaster Strudel, SpectrumVoid, Blackberry,
KaleiÐoscøpe
Big Al, Fritzler, Skruffs
Fixed
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Post by bigAl »

25 pages down, 10 to go. I think that I've reached my limit for tonight though.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 am

Post by bigAl »

OK, let's see here. I'm going to try to make some sense of the scumgroups and kil types here:

Table summerising everything:
The dark colours are different types of kills, the equivalant lighter colour is who likely caused it.

It makes most sense (thematically) that the satanics use the pentagram kill method, but there's a problem with that: HurriKaty, who was criminally-aligned was both crucified and shot. Which would leave the only other kill method for criminals as cutting out the heart with a pentagram, but now Thesp (criminal) was killed by the pentagrams too. Would there be any reason that the criminals would want to kill one of their own members (HurriKaty)?

Other possibility is Fritz is with the criminals, and they kill by shooting, leaving someone else (STD? - doesn't make a lot of sense, but is possible) to do the crucifictions. Even so, HurriKaty was also shot and a criminal.

So, I don't see
any
possibility that works out logically, other than a) one of the groups killing someone from their own group, or b) some kind of death miller, or c) more than one group that killed by bullets.

SV, berry and Skruffs haven't claimed anything yet, correct?

I find it very suspect that Fritzler is the only one with a name associated with his role. It seems absolutely out of place with the theme of the rest of the game. I know it's WIFOMish, but maybe he's telling the truth, just because I can't see anyone making up such an obsure role. I kind of doubt it though. SV makes a good point about Zindaras's comments towards Fritzler. Psychic sounds like an investigative ability of some kind (even though we've had ~2-3 other cop-like roles), and looks like he didn't like Frizt very much. I don't know if Friztler is scum or sk, but I'm thinking one of the two.

TS, you've basically claimed townie. Can I ask what the exact role name is?
Pariah wrote:
And...then the town began to damn themselves...
It seems to me that this quote indicates that people of the "damned" alignment used to be pro-town, and that STD did something to get himself damned. In that case, I'm inclined to believe Fritzler's story about being offered three nights of investigations. The role that gives someone the option of learning how to investigate, I would have thought it fits most closely with a "teacher" role, but I don't see it likely that STD could have chosen himself to teach to.

Hmmm, just had a new thought...what if STD was a cult leader, but had to get people to join into the cult willingly? So STD could target someone (in this case Fritzler in one of the first two nights
) and make him an offer: basically saying join my cult in exchange for a few nights of investigative ability. Thing is, STD doesn't actually tell you that it's a cult until after you join. (and by STD in the last couple sentances, I mean STD tells the mod, who tells the recrutee). Now that I write this out, it seems pretty far fetched, but "teacher" does kind of sound like a cult leader.

I'll have to think about this some more.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:22 am

Post by bigAl »

[quote="Blackberry"]BigAl -- I don't buy his claim...[/quote]I'm not sure which claim you're talking about here, the only place that I can remember that I (or former me) claimed was one of 'scope's first posts:
[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]However, my role is among the dead for some reason 0_0
[/quote]At the time that it was posted, the dead were: primate, sl, coron, olio, tsq, hk and std.

I want to hear TS role name first before elaborating.

It may sound like I'm just following what the rest of the town's saying right now, but I'm most suspicious of Fritz and TS. I'd rather lynch Fritz first.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:15 pm

Post by bigAl »

Gah, I double checked it, and found that it was wrong ( I think that it's because the order on the first post was not the order in the dawn writeup), fixed it and double checked it again....it was totally accidental. I'lll fix the chart in the mornign; far too much beer to make any kinf of sense of it tonight. I hope this post comes ouut in a sensible way.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:42 am

Post by bigAl »

Sorry, let's try this again:

(I think the problem was that the order of the dead people on the first page was not the same as the order of the death in the dawn writeups.)

Maybe the reverand has enough power in the church to control the church's investigations, so criminals will appear innocent while the reverend is alive. That might explain the discrepency between TSQ and Thesp's church investigation.

Anyway, I'm a
town aligned plebian
, vanilla townie. Same role name as Primate, so I was thinking that all of the vanilla townies had the same role name. I wanted to see if TS had the same role name also. Since he doesn't, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's lying, just that I might have beleived it more if he was. Hmmm...

So, now we've all agreed pretty much that Friztler is scummy, so should we lynch him today, or is there any advantage in going for someone else? If there's still a cult recruiter still alive, they would obviously be a better lynch. I kind of like the symmetry of there being two equal sized mafias (satanic and criminal), in addition with an SK? I'd be tempted to lynch Fritz today, and see where we stand tomorrow. I'd be surprised if there is more than scum in any group left, so (if no cults) it shouldn't matter who we lynch.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:46 am

Post by bigAl »

bah, this game is not liking me. Yes, I'm town aligned plebian. I don't know what 'scope was talking about then. I must have seen his post, and seen that both of our roles started with 'p', and just assumed that they were the same. (Maybe 'scope made the same mistake.) :(
Blackberry wrote:A) I think you were fishing for a townie claim when you asked TS his role, hopeing you could copy off of it.
I was thinking that both of our role names were the same, and so was fishing for the role name to see if all the townies were the same. His wasn't, but now I realise that mine isn't either.
Blackberry wrote:B) Plebian is not one of the first seven roles... thus you claimed something not already claimed cuz you knew we would be on to you... yet it doesn't fit with what your replaceee said.
If I were to make up a role, I would have obviously picked one from the first seven roles, so to not attract the kind of suspicion that it did from you. Maybe that's WIFOMish, but it's true.
Blackberry wrote:C) You want to Lynch Fritzler, even though I think you already proved he can't be criminal or satanic...
I just can't believe that Fritz is the only one with a different role name. everyone else's was in the format "______ aligned <generic name>". No one else had a role name with a proper noun in it... I think that Fritz is an SK.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:20 am

Post by bigAl »

At this point, I highly doubt that there will be more than one person from any scum group left, so there is pretty much nothing mechanically different between an SK and a lone mafia. We ought to go for the most suspect person first.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:56 am

Post by bigAl »

Hmm, I posted this last night, but it doesn't appear to be showing up (probably forgot to hit submit :P).

If there is some ability that can change alignment, then probably the most common one is a cult. Otherwise, it seems that the optional inversigative offer that fritz was talking about can also change alignment. I would suspect that STD might have changed alignments at some point in the game, because of the mod quote I posted earlier.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:28 am

Post by bigAl »

Could the satanics be a cult group then? Both people who changed alignment were satanic.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Post by bigAl »

dahen wrote:
Skruffs wrote: dahen who did you offer cop inspections to?
Your question is incorrect. Read my posts. I don't feel like repeating myself all the time.
I think I confused this too - maybe from reading Skruffs posts. I'll reread that part in the morning.
dahen wrote:
SV wrote: Im guessing 'riddled with bullets' = multiple killed.
That's interesting. I'll see if that can make me any wiser. I am glad you are looking for theories rather than easy lynches.
I find it odd that this would be a multiple kill. The one night (night 2?) when we had a multi kill, it was very obvious, because they were both shot and crucified. Unless we have more than one killer who kills with bullets (which we've seen no evidence of yet), I'd probably just attribute it to the mod getting creative with flavour text.

------

In response to berry and sv, the reason I contradict myself is
because I made a mistake
. I
thought
that my role name was Puritan, because it appears that 'scope thought that his name was Puritan. Therefore when he first posted, he made the statement that his role name was among the dead at that time; this happened after night two, so at that time, the choices of role that he was talking about were one of the first seven roles in the table I made (ie. it was one of the roles of the dead; one of primate, SL, Coron, olio, TSQ, HK or STD.), which is what I meant as 'one of first seven above'. Maybe it's because I'm dyslexic once and a while, maybe because I assumed that 'scope was correct, but I read plebian as puritan. (After all, they're both P****an words)

Anyways as I've explained before, since I was expecting all vanilla townies to have the same role name, (since I was thinking at that time that both Primate and I
did
have the same role name), I was going to see if TS (who claimed townie) would claim the same role name also. If so, then I would be more inclined to believe his claim. Now that I realise that we
don't
have the same role name, the above exercise was rather pointless. The reason that I claimed when I did was to prove the above point, which didn't work. Berry, I realise that this a contradiction, but I hope this explains things a bit.

I'm off to bed now, but will try to read over in the morning.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by bigAl »

When you say that your role blocks investigation, does that incude the investigations done by the church and the police at the end of the day?

This looks about correct now,
1. Skruffs: peasant
2. TS: pauper
3. bigAl: plebian
4. Dahen: blocks investigations,
5. BB: no claim,
6. SV: dodgy investigative role.
7. Fritzler: scum
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by bigAl »

EBWOP: judging by the fact that you said that you gave something to Thesp, and he showed up criminal, I'd guess not. Nevermind.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:34 am

Post by bigAl »

The only reason not to vote Fritzler right now is that some people still want time to coordinate night actions or reveal results first (in case they get killed tonight). I have no need to do so, so
Vote: Fritzler
(LYNCH MINUS ONE).

I would agree that if we have a cult at all, the leader was probably STD.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:02 am

Post by bigAl »

bah
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:04 am

Post by bigAl »

Skruffs wrote:Here is how I feel, summed up as a picture :
I know I'm dead, but this is an awesome graphic (not saying anything thing about the validity of it one way or another).
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:38 am

Post by bigAl »

This looks like a very interesting setup...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”