Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Logical Duality »

Aronis, why are you assuming that one of my heads is Titus? We haven't posted, so such a conclusion is baseless and would totally defeatthe point of an anonymous hydra.

I admit I am behind but we SHOULD be lynching someone the dayshift has voted. This generates relationship tells across the shiftsand prevents the mafia from scrambling the shifts to screw with us.

I have not read the day yet, but I really like Fourteen's post, assuming everything therein is true. Self-vouching on Day 1 is terrible unless under massive pressure.

Then there's ika's alleged promise to post content. Why is ika's different from Jordan?

VOTE: BirdandBeast
"Each man kills the thing he loves."
-Anthony Burgess

It scowls at you, so you paint a smile from it's eye and display it. You know you have.
Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:37 am

Zoraster, posting too much with no content makes it to where people don't care to read the game which is bad. Screaming I'm town in half of them makes it worse.

Also, what is scummy about wanting alignment links between shifts? Why is that allegedly scummy for us and not hiplop?

This looks like a reall opportnistic vote. Vague doubtcasting, leaving out reasons and skipping other players.

Hiplop, I have an idea about the wagon. It is not like BnB will get lynched by the time I finish reading. I jighly suspect that my read will match what 14 said due to the effort in his wall. I can move the vote if wrong or m other head objects.
-Anthony Burgess

It scowls at you, so you paint a smile from it's eye and display it. You know you have.
Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:45 am

In post 50, Infinite Jesters wrote:baaaahh

VOTE: agar
If BnB is scum and Agar is town, this is textbook chainsaw. Bonus if Jordan is scum

Agar is totally townposting to this point. His post on how to handle things is spot on and lmost predicted BnB's behavio.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:01 am

Zoraster, self-preservation as a side effect is more scummy. If I was dayshift, I would limit to major wagons or nightshift the following dayshift. You can absolutely push me as scum. Yet, your angle seems to come from preventing analysis of the dayshift entirely.

Using my approach, the dayshift could push a train on us. I doubt the game is ending in four days.

Do you feel Jordan and Beast are scum? Why or Why not?

Oh I am caught up now.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:02 am

Urgh..self preservation as a side effect is not more scummy.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:51 am

This is ahead #2, I was the first one to read through the game but I find myself in agreement with my other head, for very specific reasons.

This setup allows for some very specific interactions, and day 1 was full of them. However, I find the truly scummiest one belongs to BnB. Why? Well let's take an extensive look shall we?

Pay attention to this spirit, yes? Seems like the obvious, yes? We would expect him to follow that rule yes?
But I'll get back to that.

First vote for Agar. No reasoning but it's page 2 so whatever. We'll go on.

Okay, so it is an actual vote. I'll wait for the case.

Oh good, just go ahead, just not post your full case by just waiting for other people to make it. Nice move.

#3 is bullshit. We all know it is. Pushing hard for that conf. Town point makes me read this as scummy, I just know both players are better than to write that off as "conf town."

While they're somewhat right (IMO) that anti town does not always mean GURANTEED scum, I've still yet to see a case for Agar from them yet.

This post has no point, there is NO point about geusing the other shift off of NOTHING given this is RNG chose setup. Well I have a feeling I know why but I'm not 100%sure.

I have a feeling this is BaB distancing himself from the whole Serene interaction, which kind of make me think that that serene is town perhaps.

Providing an argument for Jordan and still no argument for his vote. Way to go.

Yep this confirms my suspsiscions, he's trying to set up votes in the next shift, there is literally no point to accusing ANYONE from the next shift. Basically I'm betting he's trying to coordinate a lunch in this shift, and worse of all he's firing shots across the shifts so he doesn't even have to defend himself (as he chooses not to do with Agar)

I'd like to be upfront that I do plan on voting for preferably someone in this shift if something happens or someone does something stupidly scummy, but I'm fairly certain BaB is a good bet.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:53 am

We're going to look over Jordan's and Serene's ISOs as well, but if like to get things all in agreement first.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:28 pm

In post 437, Aronis wrote:
In post 415, Logical Duality wrote:Aronis, why are you assuming that one of my heads is Titus? We haven't posted, so such a conclusion is baseless and would totally defeatthe point of an anonymous hydra.

I admit I am behind but we SHOULD be lynching someone the dayshift has voted. This generates relationship tells across the shiftsand prevents the mafia from scrambling the shifts to screw with us.

I have not read the day yet, but I really like Fourteen's post, assuming everything therein is true. Self-vouching on Day 1 is terrible unless under massive pressure.

Then there's ika's alleged promise to post content. Why is ika's different from Jordan?

VOTE: BirdandBeast
Hardly. Your email is: titus04
Alright. I am Titus. My email was naked.

Mod: Please replace titus04 with "redacted". My confession should be enough for game purposes.

I went with an anonymous hydra so people wouldn't assume I was scum due to the sheer number of scum PMs I had as of late. My other head would still like to remain anonymous and I will honor that request. I will sign my posts however.

-Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:37 pm

In post 440, BROseidon wrote:^That's legit the most in-depth post I've ever pulled.
:facepalm: How is doublescum supposed to work if town must have a majority in each shift according to the rules? Why do the rules foreclose such a possibility?

Maybe that's what scum you would post for Agar, but it is not scumAgar. For reference see Gundam seed. ScumAgar is more reserved.

Why do you say that Jordan is a lurker type? Also, he hasn't really been lurking. BnB makes a lot of people look like lurkers with his sheer volume. Jordan has a good scum game, but using claims that are inaccurate are bad in the long run.

Also, you vote us without providing a single read. If we're going to vote us up, fine. We will deal. Silly gambit though Bro.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Single read =single post by us

Post got submitted before edit.

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:10 pm

In post 446, BROseidon wrote:None of what you responded to me with makes sense.

There can be 2 scum in the group of four I listed. That doesn't mechanically break the game unless there are only 2 scum.

Not gonna read another game unless I have a reason. Also, defining a player by 1 game is bad.

I didn't call Jordan a lurker.

I paraphrased your posting. Not providing a quote doesn't mean I didn't do other things :P
How can that work? Practically? It's not possible. Rework your theory assuming only one group scum. There's a very realistic possiblity that the mod would have to rearrange the shifts if the scum teams turned out wacky. That possibility is not mentioned in the setup.

The setup would be worded that each team would resign with one scum left. However, that is not mentioned. It says "the mafia". Third party is theoretically still possible but two group!scum teams are not.

I did reread and that statement about Jordan lurking was a hypothetical. ika hasn't been lurking either but I understand that my statement was poorly crafted.

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Head 1 is out so I'll sign my posts as "it"

Uhhhh I feel good about my vote still

And also Saturday shifts makes me sad D:

I'm gonna re read and then let Titus finish her thoughts

-it
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:50 am

Precisely. I know the random number generator doesn't care about alignment. However, my scumgame is pretty good and I have had people tell me that they will be suspicious of me. I wanted to be judged based on my actions, not fear and paranoia.

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:42 am

In her defense as well I'm the one who pushed that hardest for an anon Hydra, but for me it's due to very personal reasons that have little to do with gameplay.

I don't have a very good feeling about the next shift, there's something about the idea of letting the next shift decide who goes that makes me uneasy.

Question to Bro: how do you feel about the early soft claims?

~it
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks for confirming your alignment along with BnB. We know you are scum Zoraster. You can persist in this foolishness and reveal how we know you are scum, or you can bus BnB. Their is a slim chance BnB is town, but you are not.

The path of least resistance is best. I doubt we will prove you are scum based off your hyper-defensive overreaction, but you would be a fool to lynch us.

We know.

Why did you have to break our heart? We came here to the hospital get treated for our love addiction and we fell in love with scum...

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:46 am

VOTE: zoraster

~it
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:47 am

How about BaB's soft claim?

~it
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:47 am

In post 464, BROseidon wrote:More LD votes pl0x.
Broseidon, your lynch train will be impossible not because town won't vote us but scum likely won't. If we die, it's a one for one trade with Zoraster scum and the rest get outed through associations VERY early. So yeah, go ahead and vote us. Just conferring with my other head before we place a last will.

~Titus (obviously this level of arrogance only comes from Titus)
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:50 am

Sorry, should have been more clear.

~it
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:56 am

As you shouldn't. The softclaim from AP+mastin could damn near be anything, but is merely meant to doubtcast us. I doubt Aronis is the only one who checked my email account slip.

Suppose for a moment that Zoraster is scum and we are town BRO, what are your analytical results? P.S. They should wind up with either Jordan or BnB as scum given Zorasters hyper reaction. Looking at cross-shift tells is also a majorly important thing to do.

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:35 am

Why, Aronis, you're after a man's heart are you not? You are such a bad boy, policy voting for things done before roles are assigned. Yet, I see you've reformed.

Others might not. We suspect that scum will push us as an obvious counterwagon to scum, given the known conftown (Bro) is on our wagon.

To make it easier if you do decide to be total derps...

Under no condition is Zoraster to live beyond the end of shift two. Use the entire 8 shifts to scumhunt but Zoraster is the lynch if I am dead.

Reads:

Scummy

Zoraster - Confscum...
BnB- Almost Certainly Scum
Jordan - Almost Certainly Scum
Reck - Probable Scum

Aronis - Probable Town
ika - Town
Broseidon - Conftown
Logical Duality - The towniest town that ever towned

========

Yo! Scum, you got three options

1) Avoid Zoraster/Me, give associative tells and don't NK me. This just pushes your problem down the road.
2) Lynch me, confirm Zoraster. Cutting this short makes the associatives obvious to everyone else that we already see.
3) Bus Zoraster with weakass reasons and hope you don't get caught.

There is no 4.

Peace out for this shift. Town in great position.

No ika, We won't be voting for you today. Deal with it.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:06 am

Note, that^ was Titus and I agree fullheartedly, she'll be gone but I'll stick around in case something intersting happens.

But I urge you all to vote with us.

~it
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:54 pm

Next shift is coming soon. Ughhhhhh this isn't gonna be gooooooood

Well we'd rather draw scum out at this point, so claiming is stupid.

I'd just trust us and vote Zoaster. If you vote us out, fine, but it'll show we're right.

Hopefully you all can assume what tht means.

I'd be more upfront but Titus is away and I'm not sure what she wants ATM, so I'm just gonna let that sit for shift 3.

On that note Atleast give is till shift 4 if you guys are really gonna lynch us, we'd like parting words just in case. I'd hope you'd all honor this request, as I'd think it very scummy to want to lynch someone one the opposite lynch.

But still vote zoraster please.

~it
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Dry-fit, we want reactions to generate scenarios 1, 2, and 3 described above. We don't expect you to sheep us if you can't see the obvscum. He is confscum to us, but should be obvscum to you with such a hyperactive defense of BnB. It attacks a player that most didn't like due to pregame. It also assumed that we were uncapable of being reasoned with.

If you townread us, vote zoraster. You have our personal guarantee he will flip scum. There's one thing I know well, and that is a desperate scum opening Dryfit.I have done it far too much.

If you null us, vote your scumread.

If you scumread us, vote us.

I have a plan.

Bro: It's faked. Look at how many times, confBro has been discussed.

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:13 pm

This post will have two parts. First the explanation of what we did and why we did it.
The second is what reads we gained from it.

What We Did

BnB was right. We are a cop. We target those in our same shift, max once per episode. We knew that we would be up early and scum would take advantage of the fact we are an anonymous hydra. So we decided to use our ability early on someone who voted us early.

We discussed checking Aronis but he was less likely to be scum in Titus’s opinion because he was being candid about voting us for being an anonymous hydra and moved his vote with reasons based on someone else acting scummy.

Zoraster worked better because it would give associative information on everyone and his reaction was pretty extreme to us basically sheeping FourteenPointFive until we read the thread and verified what he was saying. He also was attempting to cut off communications between the shifts. Knowing his alignment would also help us get our bearings. Was he overly defensive because he already had a townread on Jordan and BnB or was he scum going into hyperdefensive mode afraid that FourteenPointFive might have one hell of a sheepable case? If Zoraster came back town, that would help get our reads in order.

Zoraster’s reluctance to work across shifts, as highlighted by our 415 means one of the wagons is likely on scum.

Once we got our result, we decided to gambit a little bit. Crumb it so it’s not totally off the wall. The lover part, albeit confusing, was doubtcasting on the lovers. Our role PM talks about falling in love to quickly, which is why we were surprised about lovers being in the game. We are in no way a lover with anyone (unless there is a nymphomaniac who lovers us and we have no notification).

By crumbing our results in a vague and awkward way, town would naturally go what the fuck? Those who have experience with us would naturally wonder if this was indeed a Titus tunnel or not. This also forced the scum in the day shift to take one of the three actions we alluded to previously. Scum would not be able to lynch us as the association would be laid threadbare. So we think most of the votes on us are town. We eluded to this possibility when talking with BRO in 467.

We gave the scum 3 options in #472
1) Avoid Zoraster/Me, give associative tells and don't NK me. This just pushes your problem down the road.
2) Lynch me, confirm Zoraster. Cutting this short makes the associatives obvious to everyone else that we already see.
3) Bus Zoraster with weakass reasons and hope you don't get caught.
Most scum picked option 1, most certainly. BnB is the only notable exception. The only players voted me voted me based on meta that Titus would never pull something like this. However, this is a low risk play given the setup. I knew there was zero chance of getting lynched due to low activity in my own shift.

Ika’s wall posting was obviously town. Titus figured she could count on him for at least one vote on Logical Duality, as ika always reads Titus as scum. Sorry ika. We gambited. TROLL ON YOU AND YOUR HOUSE! :-p The only question is whether ika approached the gambit as if he thought he was looking under the hood. He passed.

There is not one player who voted our wagon without asking a lot of questions and attempting to break the puzzle. Scum wouldn’t want to risk being caught having votes on a cop. That would be fatal at some point.
Not a single player voted Zoraster after the cop softclaim. We know there’s little cop meta out there on us, but we claim hard and fast when we get a cop result. Now we are essentially an IC. If scum have an episodic roleblocker, they are forced to use it on us unless they can kill us with a strongman. The doctor will be on us.

Now, here’s what we gained. This doesn’t include associations with each other. We gained a lot more townreads due to the What the fuck than the actual analysis.

By the way, my other head needs love. We are Titus and It. It's not "LD creatures" or "Titus creatures" or Titus. "Logical Creatures" is better but please use LD or Logical Duality.

Our reads gathered

Shorter version here.

Bird and Beast

BnB is almost certainly scum. Associations with BnB aside, the slot’s trajectory is nuts. Either a) we believe that the pair never spoke together regarding Zoraster, or b) the slot gradually changed its mind regarding Zoraster with little to no discussion with the rest of the group. NO one else pushed Zoraster as scum. This appears to be him choosing option 3.
His actions also served as a neon sign. Scum would have to coordinate over WHICH choice to make. If BnB is scum, we can infer based on this chat that scum have no nightchat whatsoever.
Mastin and AP both know about my tendancy to tunnel. Why would the slot jump to cop? Insane Titus was the right place to jump. Answer: They already knew Zoraster was guilty.
Mastin townreading ika for 105 also seems very forced and incredible. Ika should not have been a townread until he began actually providing content.
TownMastin, reading our posts and seeing 1-3 options would have most likely sat on the gambit and pushed it for another day or assumed I was insane and left it at that. The gradual progression is fake. He wants his vote there because Zoraster IS getting lynched.
Serene

Serene – Both heads like this as town. “It” has a few doubts but Serene’s interactions regarding the wagons. Titus likes Serene's gambiting and I don't give a fuck attitude.

ika

Ika- I touched on this a little bit. I figured ika would play it like meta. Ika always assumes scum and never gambiting, especially if town. He approached it in a methodical answer but reached the precisely wrong conclusion Titus expected him to reach from the start.
Stal

Stal – He’s probably town for the same reasons as ika.
Agar

Agar was a solid townread and is STILL a solid townread.
Jordan

Comes on just to say he’s not scum? Huh… oversensitive much? I would have liked more from him.
Zdenek

I like 245. He wants conflict and pressure not to hold hands and sing Kumbiyah! We got scum to catch.
538 is a towntell. 548 is bonus. 
Venmar

Whiteknighting Jordan in 119.
Dryfit

Extreme doubtcasting by my scumreads after Dry-fit fingers Mr.Zepher. He’s probably town.
Zepher

Probably scum.
#162, planting reads for the future. Telegraphing is usually scum, especially so early.
#189 is epic landscaping. So many hedges.

How did they manage to get to either LD or Zoraster is scum from Zoraster only posting twice?
wut.
Not focused on what the fuck the players are doing, but what the popular consensus is.
#532/533
Goes back on LD/Zoraster dynamic.
Vote on BnB was telegraphed.
His scumread Serene can make him feel uncomfortable about voting his BnB scumread… why?

Leading Dayshift scum candidates

BnB, Jordan, Zephr, and Venmar

Town Contenders

Ika, Serene, Stal, Zdenek, Agar, Jesters (solely bc of Stal’s ending post on them)

Nightshift scum

Zoraster, ????, ???

Nightshift Town

Bro, LD ????

The gambit is complete. Reads have been formed. :cop: Use this after we die soonish.

~Titus (with some help from It.)
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #814 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Aronis, the gambit was being vague.
By crumbing our results in a vague and awkward way, town would naturally go what the fuck? Those who have experience with us would naturally wonder if this was indeed a Titus tunnel or not. This also forced the scum in the day shift to take one of the three actions we alluded to previously. Scum would not be able to lynch us as the association would be laid threadbare. So we think most of the votes on us are town. We eluded to this possibility when talking with BRO in 467.
If everyone straight up believed we were a cop, no reads would be formed. However, scum would be hypersensitive to the cop claim and crumbing. We wanted the relationship tells. We wanted the reads. Our gambit was to put together a really shitty and loud softclaim to get reactions. BnB's awkward move to lynch Zoraster was just that.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #815 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Oh that last post was obviously me, Titus.

We aren't lovers, in any way shape or form. Our role pm just talks about falling in love really fast. So I was doubting lovers. That's all.

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #816 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:37 pm

One more thing.

Titus head VLA For Wednesday - Friday

~Titus
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #818 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:49 pm

It's cool Bro, to be fair and honest I wasn't exactly on board at first for doing a DERP crumb, but obviously she had her reasons and it worked like a charm.

The only thing is that night shift did little last time. Yes it's a weekend but screw that we got some scum bugs to catch

So.

I can answer any questions.

BRO let's work together man, we've prob only got this episode to do so to figure out reads.

I'm actually all for extending out this lynch to scumhunt more but that's cause I'm a selfish bastard and want to help more before I die.

So I'm led to think that serene is town if BNB and Jordan are scum, It seems like a scum retaliation.

So zoraster! Talk to me man! Who's your scum buddies? What's the plan? How do you intend on bullshiting your way out of this?

I'm gonna to look over the list of people in our shift.
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #819 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:50 pm

GOAT: who's scum other than the obvious zoraster?
-Anthony Burgess

Logical Duality
Logical Duality
Townie
Logical Duality
Townie
Townie

Post Post #820 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:52 pm

RECK:
Who's scum as of now on your list?

~it
-Anthony Burgess

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”