Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 106, qwints wrote:First,
In post 60, Aronis wrote: Purple = Confirmed Town
Blue = Confirmed Scum
Green = Unknown alignment.
This is a joke, right? Also, there have been red names in the vote count from non-posters. Presumably the colors are activity related (although I didn't see that in the rules).

Second, voting for someone who had a good reason for a vote in the early stages is scummy enough for me to vote someone. Farside, propounding false dilemmas is either a scum tell or a sign that you follow professional wrestling.
The discussion on the color of the vote count is pointless. Zoraster uses the same formatting of vote counts (well, he doesn't use ghost votes anymore.
Thank God.
) in all of his games. In each of those games, the colors of the people voting oscillate so that Zoraster as well as the players can more easly discern who is voting a particular person and their position on the wagon. The red color is solely reserved for people not voting.

I like Farside for town at the moment.
I
think
I like Talah, but I need more time and more activity from him.

Aronis is playing like a VI(Vi?), noise-machine. I don't see anything inherently scummy in his play other than the lack of direction he has.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 am

Post by Oversoul »

It is possible to control the outcome of the dice, but it involves manipulating the code (which we would see). Quote a dice post already made and you will see the word static in red next to the result, that means the site did not randomly generate that result.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 108, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 85, KingdomAces wrote:TIP, can you just state the point that you are trying to make?

Muffin, well I don't get it.
Those posts were made when I was a Cult Leader. I questioned everything and everyone to appear town. it worked. this is what talah is trying to do. he's scum.
Tony PF is his partner. Quote this when they nightkill me.
While I agree asking a bunch of questions is possibly to look town has possibly the lowest threshold of any potential fake town-tell, Talah's questions did help move the game forward. You have to wait until later in the game to make a fairer judgment on Talah's motives for asking so many questions.

Good analysis of Talah's actions, but a little bit premature in your conclusion.

Qwints, what false dilemma is farside "propounding'?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Beetlejuice tell is that someone says your name and then you post in the thread. Basically, you're only truly active in the game when someone calls you out on it.

This game has stalled.

VOTE: Aronis
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 165, Papa Zito wrote:QUERY TO THE TOWN: given that we've luckily hit on doubles for night 1, would it make sense to no-lynch today to give it maximum effect?
What is its maximum effect?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Wagons are always a good thing.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I dunno. I haven't really thought about the ramifications of Aronis getting lynched yet.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 225, farside22 wrote:By the by my vote on Oversoul is not moving anytime soon. Anyone who can read Oversoul should be voting him too.
Two things. 1. You're wrong. 2. You are not one of those people, Farside.

We actually have never played a game together... So... Yeah.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 231, farside22 wrote:
In post 226, qwints wrote:What about people who can't read oversoul?
Sure, not that I expect people to read things.

First we have the ever helpful
In post 117, Oversoul wrote:
In post 106, qwints wrote:First,
In post 60, Aronis wrote: Purple = Confirmed Town
Blue = Confirmed Scum
Green = Unknown alignment.
This is a joke, right? Also, there have been red names in the vote count from non-posters. Presumably the colors are activity related (although I didn't see that in the rules).

Second, voting for someone who had a good reason for a vote in the early stages is scummy enough for me to vote someone. Farside, propounding false dilemmas is either a scum tell or a sign that you follow professional wrestling.
The discussion on the color of the vote count is pointless. Zoraster uses the same formatting of vote counts (well, he doesn't use ghost votes anymore.
Thank God.
) in all of his games. In each of those games, the colors of the people voting oscillate so that Zoraster as well as the players can more easly discern who is voting a particular person and their position on the wagon. The red color is solely reserved for people not voting.

I like Farside for town at the moment.
I
think
I like Talah, but I need more time and more activity from him.

Aronis is playing like a VI(Vi?), noise-machine. I don't see anything inherently scummy in his play other than the lack of direction he has.
The pointless comment
In post 119, Oversoul wrote:It is possible to control the outcome of the dice, but it involves manipulating the code (which we would see). Quote a dice post already made and you will see the word static in red next to the result, that means the site did not randomly generate that result.
The reads
In post 120, Oversoul wrote:
In post 108, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 85, KingdomAces wrote:TIP, can you just state the point that you are trying to make?

Muffin, well I don't get it.
Those posts were made when I was a Cult Leader. I questioned everything and everyone to appear town. it worked. this is what talah is trying to do. he's scum.
Tony PF is his partner. Quote this when they nightkill me.
While I agree asking a bunch of questions is possibly to look town has possibly the lowest threshold of any potential fake town-tell, Talah's questions did help move the game forward. You have to wait until later in the game to make a fairer judgment on Talah's motives for asking so many questions.

Good analysis of Talah's actions, but a little bit premature in your conclusion.

Qwints, what false dilemma is farside "propounding'?
Note this is more about thoughts but no scum reads
In post 187, Oversoul wrote:Beetlejuice tell is that someone says your name and then you post in the thread. Basically, you're only truly active in the game when someone calls you out on it.

This game has stalled.

barely a day passed, he never stated a scum read on Aronis and moves the wagon on without adding much to the game.

Short answer:
No scum hunting, lack of motivational hunting, join wagon for sake of moving game when game is not stalled.
What exactly was wrong with any of that? Short answer: nothing.

All of the active posters had already said their spiel and I used my vote for something productive instead of trying to see ghosts when there are none (at least at the moment).
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 243, talah wrote:Aronis: it'll take you 30 seconds. Read on Venmar please. I want to know why you grouped yourself and him as "purple-town" earlier.
Look at the colors of the most recent votecount at the time Aronis made that post.
In post 25, zoraster wrote:
Day 1

Aronis ( 2 )
mnemonicdevice
Venmar
[/color]
(L - 11 )

mnemonicdevice ( 3 )
Juls
Aronis
KingdomAces
[/color]
(L - 10 )

Prof Fridays ( 1 )
Tony PF
[/color]
(L - 12 )

Not Voting ( 19 )
ActionDan Agar Brian Skies BROseidon Bulbazak DeathNote DeltaWave farside22 GuyInFreezer Iecerint Kublai Khan Oversoul Papa Zito Prof Fridays qwints talah TheIrishPope xReckonerX zMuffinMan

Total Votes ( 25 )

Needed to Lynch [ 13 ]

DeadlineDeadline is April 27 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-04-27 20:00:00)
Current Active Event:
Geography
Tomorrow's Event:
Double Action
So, farside, yeah, that description of Zor's votecounts was helpful. Especially if people are tangentially continuing to be confused by it.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 254, talah wrote:@Oversoul - if I was confused in the slightest about the vote colours, why would I be mentioning Venmar in the first place?

@Tony - if it wasn't because beetlejuice, then why the beetlejuice image?
What were you asking then?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 280, zMuffinMan wrote:are you still voting aronis purely because it's the largest wagon? do you have no thoughts on anything that's happening?
Yes and yes. Am I going to share them at this time? No.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 283, zMuffinMan wrote:i do not like kublai khan's at all
Agreed, but, that is a discussion for a later date.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 294, farside22 wrote:When did having no oppinion about anything in the game and voting for a player you haven't said shit about be considered anything but scummy as shit?

Oh should I mention that people agreed with me which makes your reaction worse.
People agreed with Hitler. Point being...?

Farside, it stopped being scummy as shit about the time you left the site. I am sorry, but the site culture has moved into the territory of bandwagons (and 200+ page larges). Also, I do have an opinion of Aronis. I said he lacks direction. I don't know if his lack of direction is the result of dejection for being the first major wagon or if he is scum who doesn't know how to fake direction. A vote on him moves the game along in this regard to suss out his true motives and see if anyone is willing to run him up this early.
In post 294, farside22 wrote:post 250
piss poor reaction and:bahahahah so fucking wrong
Are you just going to ignore me calling you on your ability to "read" me, Farside? You'e never played a game with me in my entire history on this site. You modded a game from when I first joined 3 years ago (Lemming Mafia) and you modded another game where I was a replacement 2 years ago (90's Cartoon Mafia). Not to mention you left about a year ago. You have a substantial disconnect from MafiaScum meta and an even larger disconnect with "reading" me. You're talking out your ass just like every other person who says they can "read" me. Look at Maniacal Street *cough* Khan *cough*, look at AFFC *cough* everyone *cough*, look at 90's Cartoon *cough* everyone *cough*.

To take some words from your own Mafia Vocabulary, this "piss poor reaction" bit is "the ever helpful" and "the pointless comment".
Why exactly did you include that other than to attempt to make fun of me? I had a vague idea of what talah was talking about, but I want to see his answer to my follow up question before I reveal my thinking.

People need to understand that I play a very conservative game where I don't reveal much about my intentions or the card I'm playing.

I like you farside, I really do. But don't make me go crazy on your ass like I did with Nero Cain in 90's Cartoon. You really don't want that. I really don't want that. No one really wants that.
Stop talking as if you are an authority on me when you don't have the slightest clue how I operate.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 280, zMuffinMan wrote:this is the only part i agree with, and only because it came out of nowhere and felt off given the timing - it made me think he *thinks* he would be bandwagoning aronis if he were town, but thought he should come up with an additional excuse (game stalling) to justify it
No.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 302, Venmar wrote:Woo I just townread Oversoul.
We need to be neighbors again.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:49 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 280, zMuffinMan wrote:we were town, together. town neighbours with day talk, in fact. i spent a majority of the first portion of the game trying to discuss reads in the neighbourhood and form a read on him. he spent the entirety of D1 lurking. he spent the entirety of D2 posting content that either wasn't game-relevant or was criticising people for lurking. he lied about his role multiple times. and then, the day before he was policy vig'd, he blatantly lied about me scum slipping in the neighbourhood QT. why would he do this, you ask? it's simple. i pretend there was a dice roll tag for quicktopics, but i wouldn't tell him how to do the dice roll tag. he spent over half an hour trying to figure out how i did it in a QT he made for himself and then said if i didn't tell him how to do it, he'd say i scum slipped.
Oh dear lord.

*looks at Aronis profile*

Yup..

*looks at location*

Yup..

Sorry, Zito.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 307, farside22 wrote:How do you know what type of player I am if all we have together is games I modded?
Maybe because I know my alignment and you're voting me for thinking that I am scum...

Hmm...

Ergo, from my point of view, you aren't reading me correctly and so far have given no indication that you will be able to if you're stuck in amber with your thinking.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 307, farside22 wrote:I just finished a game where either the scum drifted and did shit all, had no fucking read or there reads were fucking crap.
I'm not saying it went the way of the dodo. I am saying that town had adopted that. Think Katsuki, only, everyone, everywhere.

You're moving goalposts now. You said:
In post 225, farside22 wrote:Anyone who can read Oversoul should be voting him too.
You didn't say anyone who can read. You didn't say anyone who can catch scum. You said anyone who can read Oversoul. That implies you know something about me that has given legitimacy to your claim. But you don't. And now you're telling me that because some scum, in another game acted in a manner vaguely like my own, that I am scum for it?

I am scum for another person's actions? In a game that I did not read? In a game that I did not play in?

No. Clarify why you said "Anyone who can read Oversoul" when you have no experience playing WITH me and no CURRENT experience with me.
In post 300, Oversoul wrote:People need to understand that I play a very conservative game where I don't reveal much about my intentions or the card I'm playing.
Your first two questions are answered by that quote. I promise you I will reveal my hand at some point, but that point isn't now. You're just wasting your time gunning for me.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

I am sorry if I am coming off condescending, or like a prick. Finals among other things are stressing me out. It isn't fair that I am taking it out on all of you. I will be back tomorrow the dust has settled in my life.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:27 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 311, ActionDan wrote:
In post 309, Oversoul wrote:No. Clarify why you said "Anyone who can read Oversoul" when you have no experience playing WITH me and no CURRENT experience with me.
How could this possibly be your first time playing together. Even then anyone can go and look up past games and 'meta' someone. Perhaps enough to ask people that have played with you before to vote you assuming they retain the same meta knowledge.
I thought the same thing myself, and remembered we played in Flame Warriors together where she misread as town there too. But I think she was scum and being scum against someone isn't really the same as playing with someone when you both are town and you are earnestly trying to discern their alignment.

The thing is, I don't think really anyone in this game other than Venmar has shown a penchant for being able to read me.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

ebwop: misread me where I was town there too
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:13 am

Post by Oversoul »

I am sorry. It was hyperbole and he was the most extreme example I could think of. If you and Zor find the comment too disparaging and insensitive, I will accept any punishment.
My point: just because people agree with you, doesn't mean you are right, morally or logically.

Your link is broken for the apathetic game.
Any game where you meta me as a replacement does not count because I chose to replace into those games for a specific reason.

318, what are you talking about? My comment was solely inward reflection. I never said you were being mean.

And farside, you just made that case. That means you didn't do the meta when you made that comment about knowing how to read me. You are blowing smoke.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 317, farside22 wrote:Bawhahahaha.
The I'm town how dare you vote for me defense.
*clap*
*clap*
*clap*
That does not fly.
You asked me how I knew you were the type of person that cannot read me. How is my response laughable?
What type of response would you expect from a townie in that situation?
From a scum?
In post 317, farside22 wrote:Yeah you pretty much said it stopped being scummy. IE: No it hasn't so backtracking doesn't really float either. You could have said it was null but that was not your words.
Think of it as a spectrum.

[scummy==============null===================town]

The act of voting a band wagon is no longer scummy. I didn't say it was townie. I said it was no longer scummy, meaning it is null. I am sorry I did not make that clearer.
In post 317, farside22 wrote:Bawhahahaha.
what the fuck is the difference?
A major fucking difference?

Empire saying "Tammy is scum and anyone who can read Tammy can see it" lends legitimacy to the claim that Tammy is scum because well, Empire is expertly knowledgeable of Tammy's scum game and has her meta down to a science.

You are not my Empire. You saying that artificially inflates your position to give it more credibility in passing glance. That is especially disconcerting given that you hadn't even meta'd me until I made a stink about it.

No. You cannot after the fact apply meta when you used meta in your original justification.
In post 317, farside22 wrote:You are scum in my eyes. So.
Because you think, there I am.

Umm.

Doesn't work that way, Farside.

You can't apply games where I replaced in to this game. I already had a base to work with. I already had material I could read and formulate opinions on. I already had external justifications for joining that game such as "reading it and thinking, x and y seem scummy, if I replace in I think can lynch them" or "x seems town, I want to play town", etc.

It is two different playing fields.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 331, farside22 wrote:
Mod: as much as I love your games I can not play with the person who made such an inflammatory comment without completely losing it. Please replace me.
Farside, I know the damage has been done but I want you to know that I am deeply sorry for what I said. It was insensitive, misplaced, and trivialized a horrific event. I value your opinion as a player and as a person. I was excited to know that you were still active in mafia when the Cross Town games started up. I am sorry that I have created this rift. I understand if you never wish to speak to me or even interact with me ever again. I promise to you, and everyone else, that I will never make such a comment ever again. It was my own ignorance and immaturity that thought the rhetoric would be a good idea. I know you probably do not want to return to this game after what has been said, but if you do, I have asked Zoraster to remove the inflammatory content in question. Additionally, I have already notified Zoraster that I will replace out on such an occassion. I am sorry, Farside.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 316, qwints wrote:Aronis makes an actual move, and I don't like oversoul's reaction to this.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Oversoul
to this? What is "this"?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 351, Papa Zito wrote:That sound you hear is this game grinding to a halt.
Oh?
In post 187, Oversoul wrote:Beetlejuice tell is that someone says your name and then you post in the thread. Basically, you're only truly active in the game when someone calls you out on it.

This game has stalled.

:roll:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 357, qwints wrote:Oversoul, I didn't like your response to Aronis voting you. It felt forced.
What was my reaction? I never responded to him.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 404, farside22 wrote:How did you think your vote would move the game forward or did you not expect to be questioned after making a comment like you did above?
Because wagons always move the game forward. If Aronis got to L-1 and claimed or someone really egregiously voted Aronis that would provide discussion.
I mean, my vote seems to have spurred a lot of discussion since I now have a wagon.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 416, Iecerint wrote:
In post 415, KingdomAces wrote:Brian, how are you sick of seeing me get mislynched when the only "game" we've played together was No Effort?
Scummy question.
Why?
In post 420, BROseidon wrote:I'm just confused about why people aren't sheeping me on KA.
Well you're not exactly active enough to drum up support for the wagon.

I think KA is actually acting town. His response "how was I supposed to know?" sounded more legitimately annoyed than what I imagine a scum would say. I feel like a scum would be more conciliatory rather than defensive-aggressive.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

I have one major scum read and a few other minor scum reads. I haven't mentioned any of them explicitly yet because I am still waiting for them to do scummy stuff thinking they are getting away with it.

Hint: lurking + active lurking
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Oversoul »

I was wondering if you were strumming up that opinion too. Makes me feel better about you.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

KK continuing to uphold his reputation for utter lack of ability to read me.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Oversoul »

Muffin, I sense a strong amount of sarcasm in 467. Am I right in saying that?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (isolation #35) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Brian, read Maniacal Street to understand my point of view on KK.

MDevice, no, they are certainly developing.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (isolation #36) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 499, zMuffinMan wrote:sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and i would never be sarcastic

i think your strategy is great. i just hope the scums aren't smart enough to kill you off N1 before you get a chance to destroy them!
;_;
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

Muffin town
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 531, qwints wrote:Also, oversoul is town now.
Why?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:51 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 548, farside22 wrote:
In post 544, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 519, farside22 wrote:
vote: Papa Zito
umad
Nope.

I'm liking pv and it's about fucking time someone explained there reasoning more then others in this game.
*Looks at pz.*
I'll do that tomorrow-ish. Maybe.
Probably not. My life is a joke right now with finals (by far the worst semester I've had yet).

But I like Talah's analysis in his most recent posts. There's something abou that writing that really speaks to me and reminds me of my own town self when trying to convey a point that others just do not (refuse?) to see.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 558, Venmar wrote:
In post 549, Oversoul wrote:But I like Talah's analysis in his most recent posts. There's something abou that writing that really speaks to me and reminds me of my own town self when trying to convey a point that others just do not (refuse?) to see.
woawoawoawoa hold on buddy, don't backpedal my townread here, there's no reason why wat talah said should make sense from both his and yours town perspective
That's not what I said?
I will clarify. The tone, diction, and syntax remind me of myself when I become a dejected townie trying to explain something.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 551, qwints wrote:
In post 539, Oversoul wrote:
In post 531, qwints wrote:Also, oversoul is town now.
Why?
Am I wrong? You stopped being so defensive about small pressure and have maintained a similar skeptical attitude towards several different wagons .
No.
You didn't answer my question to you earlier (not the why question).
I tend to get more irrationally upset when people suspect me, that is true.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (isolation #42) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Serious post tonight. Made it past the first onslaught of finals. Still 2 more onslaughts left.

*sips coffee* Thanks Farside!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Oversoul »

:dead:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 602, Oversoul wrote:Serious post tonight. Made it past the first onslaught of finals. Still 2 more onslaughts left.

*sips coffee* Thanks Farside!
Ok. Actually, I lied. Early tomorrow morning. Too tired.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ok, so I have substantially less time than I imagined I would have and for that I am very sorry. I want to preface this saying that I really haven't been "reading". I've stared at the pages of this game, saw words, posted my own thoughts on some words that stuck out to me and then called it a day. I am also sorry if this sounds offensive to some people but if you are lurky or not labelled as a charismatic player (i.e. someone whose words I want to read) than I probably didn't pay much attention to your posts. That's just how I play and unless you do something really mind blowing (bad or good) it will probably take some goading for me to read.

Without further ado... I present to you my scum reads

I am going to start with the "biggest" in terms of the longest I've spent pondering.

Reck.

Reck is a charismatic player. He is funny. He is intelligent. He is good at this game. Why isn't he doing ANY of those things? And what is this hogwash about replacing out and then getting cold feet on that?

Looking at Reck's activities over the site (wink, wink, cough, cough) it appears that Reck is almost selectively ignoring this game. Now, I've played a few games with Reck and they've been decidedly different from this game. To the point where I don't think I can "meta" read him accurately. One game was Hip Hop where he replaced out but was active up to that replace out. The other game was Scummies Invitational where he had a very useful power role that probably kept him interested in the game.

Now I would like to say that Reck was on the pre in list and so he wanted to play this game, but I can't remember exactly. Why isn't Reck playing the game? All he has done is throw out some half assed prodges disguised as comments and then attempt to limp out of this game. This is not the charismatic Reck I know. Now, I know activity is possibly one of the weakest things use as a basis for scumreading someone but active lurking and ignoring a specific game is not. Reck has not given any indication across his other involvements on this site that there is something going on in his life. Why hasn't he given an excuse unless there is no excuse?

So Farside, when I said I was waiting, this is what I was talking about. I have a mantra (that zMuffin mocked) that if you wait long enough lurking scum will become apparent. I expect Reck to take charge of this game. He has not. He has done nothing.

Now, this brings me to my second point.. a scum read that was actually turned town read.

I originally suspected KK because of his early game entrance. It did not sit well with me and when Reck didn't do anything I thought it was one of those awkward "oh let me do this to my buddy" type interactions. But KK has improved. His vote on me was decidedly dumb and his play up until the Aronis stuff was lack luster. But if there is one thing I've learned from playing with KK (admittedly only once in Maniacal Street) it is that if you do something scummy even if you don't mean to, he will be like a hungry dog on a bone and will not let go. I think that is what he is doing with Aronis. It reminds me so much of how KK acted with me in Maniacal Street that I am fairly confident it makes KK town.

My second true scumspect is Qwints, but before I reveal anymore I have to preface my Qwints read with a farside read. Farside really came out of left field when she started pushing me. I got angry at her for doing that and over the course of events she built a case on me. Now, I like cases. It is one of the reasons why I like town Reck so much. He builds these nice, aesthetically pleasing (this goes a long way people), comprehensive analyses of player habits over the course of a game. In the same vein, I also like Nuwen's case for similar reasons (plus she does batshit theories that are cool). Now originally I thought farside's activity was more likely to come from town than scum because as we all know, scum do not have much incentive to be super active but as she has posted I've noticed that I'm beginning to fee like farside is being active for the sake of being active and that lead me to think about Farside's cases... and how they were not were not what I like in a case or really even enlightening. They were not aesthetically pleasing. They were not comprehensive. They are fairly crappy in all honesty. Looking at the ones she made in this game, they are all mostly buzzword quote pickings of things that are mildly scummy. I didn't like that. It felt forced. PZ/Talah/Someone was accused of "trying to sound town" for asking questions or something like that and I was really surprised when that player did not single out farside because she sounds the most insincere with her scumhunting. Seriously. Just look at the ones she has made. If they don't fill you with a sense of doubt, please tell me why. Now, I didn't want to push farside at this time for a variety of reasons but I will say the primary one is that I didn't want it to look like OMGUS because it isn't, but it would look liked OMGUS and that would only cause more sheeple to vote for me. And before people accuse me of being "too self aware" (looking at you MTGS people, it isn't a bona fide scumtell) yes. I am self aware. That is how I play. My interactions at that time didn't need anymore gunpowder to make things worse. And looking at her most recent case I still see the same traits of the one against me so I feel completely legitimate in saying farside's cases have been bad this game. But what really pushed me to thinking that Farside was scum was when thinking about AD's question "Did you seriously not play together in all your time here?".

I thought about that and then remembered we did play a game, Flame Warriors. When I first went back to check to confirm I didn't pay much attention to that game because it is mangled from a Tiger Attack and not all the flips are there. I thought I remembered Farside being scum that and I think I am right in saying that. Looking back at that game, she has very similar interactions with pushing me for what I believe are bad reasons and not truly looking at the situation. Basically, I think in both games she is taking things out of context and applying them as scumtells to a person. However, the difference between the two games is two years and Farside seems to have it more "put together" so to speak in Flame Warriors than here which makes me really question myself about my read on farside. Overall I think farside is likely scum but not as likely as some other individuals, like Qwints.

Okay.

Now that I have said my piece about farside being scum let me discuss Qwints. He was in my opinion active lurking early in the game and then came out of nowhere with this vote on me because of farside's case. He didn't really give much more explanation than that and it left a horrible taste in my mouth considering how bad I thought farside's case was. I was beginning to put together the theory that Qwints + Farside were a team using each other to push a wagon forward. The position on my wagon is in my opinion optimal for Qwints to take as it is not a) starting a wagon, or b) immediately supporting the wagon. It is at that cusp of town indecision where I think makes or breaks a lynch and that position is often filled by a scum member since it only takes one vote to have a profound psychological effect on the atmosphere of the game and the trajectory (shoot me for using this) of the wagon. I do not think any of his more recent posts have better analysis than his early posts and I think he is just being a weather vane to votes. I will say that his post asking me "was I wrong to town read you?" is fairly townie, enough for me to say that I think we should lynch Reck instead of Qwints, because I don't see scum really having the gumption to say something like that this early in a large game.

So yeah. I know it is 4 days until deadline but looking at all the wagons so far, I would need to do more substantial reads of those individuals if I am going to join the wagon and I don't have time for that. So vote Reck. :P

VOTE: Reck

Either to kill him, make him active, or expedite his replace out.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 am

Post by Oversoul »

Also, tomorrow night

Power roles please clear out the lurkers and the scummy people (Aronis needs to be vigged).
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Oversoul »

So qwints you think Reck is town?

*checks box for scum buddy*
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 661, zMuffinMan wrote:i didn't mock it, i said it was a brilliant strategy. i mean, if you had aired your suspicion of him any earlier, we'd probably be headed for a loss right now!
You like Mr. Subliminal and Sixty need to learn when a joke has become stale.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 669, qwints wrote:
Oversoul wrote:So qwints you think Reck is town?
Nope, I think he's null (very slightly town), and that there's no chance of a lurker lynch on reck Day 1. Do you think Reck is lynchable before deadline?
Have you seen the size of the other wagons? Of course we can.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (isolation #50) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

Oh. Yay Pere. :)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 428, Oversoul wrote:
In post 357, qwints wrote:Oversoul, I didn't like your response to Aronis voting you. It felt forced.
What was my reaction? I never responded to him.
Qwints, answer this and address my concerns to you in my most recent large post.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

3 days left to vote Reck
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (isolation #53) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 703, zMuffinMan wrote:
oversoul wrote:3 days left to vote Reck
i'm not even all that opposed to a reck wagon happening, and i would consider sheeping you just because it's win/win for me (either he will flip scum or if he doesn't, i can talk about your BRILLIANT STRATEGY for the rest of the game)

but in all honesty, you're asking for a lynch on someone with no associations (due to lack of content) because he might be scum who is lurking (which i guess is entirely possible, especially if he's active elsewhere, but i can think of other possible explanations here that i don't see as any more or less likely... for example, i've felt pretty meh about this game so far and i sometimes only post because i force myself to... there's so much fucking apathy in this game and it's only D1) 4 days from the deadline

*shrug*
I want Reck to be scum so bad now
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (isolation #54) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ugh. I hate all of the leading wagons right now.

VOTE: Papa ZitoVOTE:

Least sketchy wagon and I can see some truth to the suspicion on PZ.
If KA had a better wagon comp, maybe I would be there.

AD lack of effort implies scum based on Pikmin mafia.

Anyway, wagon ho
On that PZ fello
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (isolation #55) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: PZ
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think crappy was an unfair characterization of them, farside. I am sorry for that. What you described them as "all over the place" or whichever way you said is a better description. They just don't appeal to me.

And I realize my vote on PZ is bad. I just want Reck blood.
And everyone is complaining about the looming deadline and the state of the various wagons but very few people are even willing to work towards alleviating that issue by either a) pushing for their specific lynch or b) compromising.

So, People commenting about that, please tell me why you aren't following through on your own words.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 721, xRECKONERx wrote:OS do you actually have a non-lurker related reason for wanting to lynch me?
I could. :)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (isolation #58) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 738, Juls wrote:@ProfFriday - If you are town, you really should not speculate on roles openly, only alignment.
Probably means he is town.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (isolation #59) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Oversoul »

I would vote Qwints in a heartbeat if there was more support for him.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (isolation #60) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 908, qwints wrote:Oversoul's scumhunting process this game:

1) Who voted me?
2) They're scum
Reck never voted me and KK probably isn't scum. Plus, AD never voted me either.

My god these wagon choices are the worst things ever. Which poison do I want I subject myself to.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (isolation #61) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

Fuck it. VOTE: Qwints
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (isolation #62) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Look at this iso, he has been half assedly pushing pushing people. He hasn't addressed my questions (I should ask nicely? What is
that[/]?) likely because he doesn't have a good response and just wants to avoid the discussion. I don't agree with the Venmar + Talah wagons. What exactly are the main bullet points for either of those two being scum?

Because Venmar vote hopped and acted like a jerk?
Because Talah was asking empty questions?

Not exactly compelling.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (isolation #63) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 941, Papa Zito wrote:Why don't you try asking nicely and see what happens?
I asked him twice point blank and apparently those were not nice. It wasn't like I said "qwints why the fuck aren't you telling me anything?".
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (isolation #64) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Oversoul »

As is Reck.

And probably AD.

And Qwints.
Venmar, you aren't living without a claim. Claim now.

VOTE: Talah

Sorry Talah, but Ven is probably a PR and someone needs to hang today. :/
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (isolation #65) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

So basically a 2x doctor ?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (isolation #66) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

That's the type of weird shit Zor likes

Vote Talah
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (isolation #67) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Oversoul »

In due time Reck. Don't you worry your
pretty
fabulous little head. : ]
But vote Talah, not enough time to swing a Qwints lynch.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (isolation #68) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Oversoul »

You guys do realize that Zor said this game was swingy right?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #69) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Oversoul »

And that power things like DOUBLE NIGHT ACTIONS for scum exists right?

Ugh. JK isn't even a true counterclaim because it roleblocks and protects. :/
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #70) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 am

Post by Oversoul »

Maybe you know there is a Vig? :/
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (isolation #71) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

Read First Time Mafia Farside.

Ven and I are on similar wave lengths a lot of the time.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (isolation #72) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Qwints

Please consolidate votes here, everyone.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (isolation #73) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

Venmar, Juls, Farside move to Qwints now please.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (isolation #74) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

Yes. If you are town.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (isolation #75) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Oversoul »

Farside it is a vote to lynch scum.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (isolation #76) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Oversoul »

306 was based on Muffin's description of Aronis. Not because he voted me. I quoted Muffin's post when I made that joke.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (isolation #77) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Oversoul »

So we are going to get no information for our power roles tonight? Because THAT is a great idea, BB, Juls, Bro, PZ.

:facepalm:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (isolation #78) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Oversoul »

IEC
BB

Now is not the time for moral high ground

Vote Qwints
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (isolation #79) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Talah if you are a protective role go to Faraide, Ven go to Talah, Farside, aim to block a kill not protect against one. Preferably within your room or the rooms adjacent to you.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (isolation #80) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Well Venmar is literally not going to die today or tonight if his role is true regardless, so hammer Qwints.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (isolation #81) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1098, KingdomAces wrote:I don't want to hammer because I'm still hopeful that we can get a runback on Venmar in the next 40 minutes. Are you saying that's not going to happen?
What is fantasy land like KA
I'd like to know
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1104 (isolation #82) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Oversoul »

:P
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (isolation #83) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Will try
I'm sorry it swung your way should have supported the Reck lynch
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (isolation #84) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Ok mr. Reptile president
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (isolation #85) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1113, qwints wrote:Votes on me I found most suspicious: AGar and TiP.

Sorry oversoul, that was rude of me. I just got frustrated that you were tunneling so hard based on a pure Omgus play and that I ended up in a "There is no alternative" situation.

All said, lynching a VT and having Venmar claim isn't the worst day 1. Good luck town.
No it's ok. I deserved it with the way I have been playing. No hard feelings.
It wasn't OMGUS I just felt your votes were not truly trying to scumhunt and could never really shake that idea
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (isolation #86) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 595, xRECKONERx wrote:imma make you all a deal

I'll coast D1 then try later because I don't want to replace out but I'm seriously not going to be able to contribute D1
Implies activity of some degree of usefulness

VOTE: PZ
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (isolation #87) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12368

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... olePMs#Goo

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... Idea_Mafia

Various pages which reference Goo. While I do not know what Blue Goo means specifically, it likely acts in a manner similar to the Goo roles listed on those pages.

<3 Venmar

Although I am curious why not Farside?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (isolation #88) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

Either way I don't think we should concern ourselves with the Goo. BBmolla will be back tomorrow to give us any update on how the Goo affected him or any knowledge he has.

I can't wait for the carnage tonight though. :D
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (isolation #89) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think Brian is town.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (isolation #90) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1139, Prof Fridays wrote:I just can't stop thinking about Fox in Socks.
What?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (isolation #91) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

Zora likes some weird shit so it could be anything really. We'll see. Pere, what do you think about Brian and Mnemonic?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1150 (isolation #92) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why is everyone so obsessed with the Goo. Means nothing.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (isolation #93) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Oversoul »

I agree with Juls.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (isolation #94) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Oversoul »

Fuck.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (isolation #95) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Can we eliminate this cheeky scumbag already
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (isolation #96) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1157, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1152, Oversoul wrote:
I agree with Juls.
In post 1153, Oversoul wrote:
Fuck.
No indication of what might be up here? Are you claiming that your blue text was a total shock to you after reading the previous speculation about what might cause it?
In post 1159, Iecerint wrote:I guess 0 minute lag means it wasn't edited in.
In post 1160, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1145, talah wrote:
In post 1132, ActionDan wrote:Talah. How have been
Not bad young man. How bout you?
:/
Lol is this scum iec trying to seem relevant to a conversation and then retreating with his tail between his legs?
HMMMMMMMMM
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (isolation #97) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:29 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1175, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1166, Oversoul wrote:
Can we eliminate this cheeky scumbag already
truuuuuuuuust me this is just me bein lazy town

Hasn't happened in awhile; it's not exactly fun

When I say my eyes glaze over every time I click this thread I'm not being hyperbolic
Ughhhh Reck you slore
You wound me
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (isolation #98) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

I don't know why I ever thought Farside was scum

Reading her posts now it's like god damn so obvious she is town

I think this little burst of activity is just what we needed! I will analyze the game tonight
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (isolation #99) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1254, farside22 wrote:
In post 1221, farside22 wrote:Juls: that was what I thought was being said but the no results from iec through me off. Rb stops a player action, how does that effect iec?
Just an FYI this was the question I asked that got me thinking.
Zor is one of those mods that doesn't like to distinguish between no result and no action

So if Talah was RB'd and Iec is a tracker, he wouldn't receive a result either

It sounds like Talah is more than a tracker so I'll just leave it at that
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (isolation #100) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

We can narrow down the likely suspects in those rooms I think
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (isolation #101) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1332, zoraster wrote:ZZZX replaces XReckonerX
this fucker
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (isolation #102) » Fri May 02, 2014 5:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Iec
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (isolation #103) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Forgot to say I was v/la for the weekend
I'll catch up on this tomorrow
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1604 (isolation #104) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

alright

what page was the last time I took this game seriously
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1605 (isolation #105) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

not too far behind
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (isolation #106) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Ok, long post for my own sanity and the possibility of having others follow my own illogical thoughts...

I have eliminated people who I feel are sufficiently obvtown from their play. This includes Farside, myself, Talah, Iec, Venmar, and Peregrine. I really wish I could include more people into this list but... this game is stuck in a haze. Not enough charisma I think. Out of all of these, Venmar is the weakest I think. Looking at his play and his claim, its just convenient.

Hmm... I think I can add Bulba to that obvtown group actually. I wanted to punch him for talking about the Vig kill/Scum kill because it is only narrowing down who the vig is and I want to remain hidden for maximum carnage but I don't think that scum would talk that openly about which kill was which.

His analysis of the rooms is a good start to deciphering the clusterfuck of geography and night actions (I'm too stupid for this). So, off the list he goes.

I have seriosu FRY EYES about Juls and Agar. There's just something about both of them that I don't trust. I remember playing in a game with Agar where he was traitor and he had me mostly snowed I guess I am always going to be mostly suspicious of him. Juls, I don't know what it is about her, I don't think she is being truly honest with us. I guess with Agar it is the fact that he seems to have too much of a control of the mechanics. He gives a lot of definitive answers on 52, but he does allude to being a power role, which ergh, more likely than not to come from town I guess? It's just being definite about something confusing I think is a scumtell BUT I could be getting mixed signals because he could be definite due to his power role(?).
Juls... is just. In this blindspot for me. She is not particularly memorable with her posting and she is saying a lot (108 posts) but I don't know if she is really furthering a town agenda with all those words. It is going to take some srs brain power to discern both of these players and that's just too difficult to me at the moment so I'll leave it up to the PRs to do the work for me (plz). Or someone better/with more investment into the game, preferably both.

So I am willing to take Agar off the list but for now Juls stays on.

OH MY GOD 1288-1290 is some scummy ass backpedaling bs that gives me the heebie jeebies. I think I remember why I voted Iec now. God damn it. :fry eyes:
I hate being conflicted. I don't know if this is the Iec of Gay Mafia where he worked his way to endgame but ugh. Just make your alignment apparent to me Iec. Please. He remains on the list but his foundation on that list is solidly weakened.

I think I had Prof Fridays as town from his earlier posts but his reaction to Papa Zito is like the newb scum reaction I would expect in a beginner game on MS. It is super defensive and completely misses the point of Papa Zito's vote? Zito ... doesn't even focus on the killing in but that is the only justification that Prof Fridays uses in his ? Feeling guilty much?

FRY EYES
FRY EYES
FRY EYES

All over Prof Fridays for . Like what is that even.
Really itching to vote him for that. They are "pinging" his scumdar but he chooses TIP over PZ because PZ apparently brings more to the table? wat

I dunno. I can't really overlook the candid nature of his huge ass reads post. That was really town but this shit is scummy.

Mneonic doesn't really post anything of use and is someone I would say is coasting scum. I asked someone earlier about their read on him to understand the basis of Mnonic and to suss out any potential buddy interactions. MD hasn't really done anything to make me think he is super town.

TIP claiming VT, my goodness. Probably town. Removing from the list.
In post 1317, Brian Skies wrote:Well, this is interesting. Why am I being singled out and why do you think I'm town?
You were someone I didn't really remember and I thought that was scummy but then I read your posts. You're contributing unlike a lot of the other players in this game which is a good thing. Plus, you're putting a lot of effort into the game and I think that is more likely to come from town at this point.

So, AD claims he tracked Iec. He didn't get a result though? So he thinks that incriminates Iec. But Zor's post basically says that is what is going to happen because of the geography event. Oi. I dunno. Lurking AD is a scum AD in my experience (Pikmin Mafia) and AD could be laying down his life to soak up a potential vig kill and eliminate a PR at the same time. Hmrph.
In post 1377, ZZZX wrote::/

Have we even played with each others?
Oh, that wasn't meant to be a "this fucker" towards you, ZZZ. It was meant to be a "this fucker" to Reckoner because he replaced out.

ZZZX mostly redeems the Reck slot. Actually contributing (WAS THAT SO FUCKING HARD RECK? WAS IT?)

let's recap...

The scummiest post he's seen. But doesn't want to jump on a wagon WITH A LARGE ASS LYNCH THRESHOLD so not quick lynching? Keeping doors open? Check. Trying to be protown for fear of quick lynching? Check. Active lurking? Check.

Juls just filling her time in this game. Clocking in. Clocking out.

Not really seeing the Pere suspicions. Please explain.
I like ZZZ's gusto onto the AD wagon.

Juls continues to floats. DeltaWave continues to be do nothing useful.

Venmar reaffirms my faith in him with a Juls vote.

MuffinMan continues to be a blindspot for myself.
Nacho replaces into the game. Hmm. Should be interesting.

DN.. uh. I dunno. He comments on stuff I guess.
get better venmar!

Ok.

I think I am ready to just proceed
In post 0, zoraster wrote: ActionDan
DeathNote
DeltaWave
Juls
mnemonicdevice
Papa Zito
I want to lynch from this pile.

I didn't mention everyone in my catchup post because well yeah. But I think the biggest contenders for a scum flip lie in this pile.

I think MD is the worst offender.

VOTE: Mnemonicdevice
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (isolation #107) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1614, AGar wrote:Happy scumday.

Buuut you should probably make a convincing case on someone when you get a chance because right now you're just pissing your vote away.
You should vote MD for active lurking and not scumhunting.

For justice.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1620 (isolation #108) » Tue May 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

;_;
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1623 (isolation #109) » Tue May 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Looking through your iso I don't exactly see a case on TIP, Agar.

It seems like people are voting him just because it is TIP?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (isolation #110) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by Oversoul »

See, applying scum metas universally is generally how I play as town soo... that case doesn't really do it for me, Agar. :\
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1627 (isolation #111) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I mean, Bulba's case is more convincing but I don't really think either of those are super duper. TIP I feel like has a reputation around here now? and the way he is playing wouldn't really uphold that either way.

I've been out of the game for too long. It is weird when new(er) people have built up a base and a meta thing because I'm not seeing it. I feel like such an ass now for getting mad at older players when I know I've done the same thing before.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (isolation #112) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I dunno, Muffin, Nacho is the definition of hit or miss. Also don't know why you don't think Bulba is town after posts like that.

And why you're going after Pere... I think I am going to slot Juls into the town category for now for REASONS but you should stop going after Pere.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1629 (isolation #113) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Oversoul »

But seriously, I encourage you all to look at mnemonicdevice. He hasn't done any true scumhunting.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1633 (isolation #114) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I do one of those things sometimes
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1635 (isolation #115) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I mean.. Looking through his iso, you two have been having a pissing contest
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (isolation #116) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1625, Bulbazak wrote:Don't deflect. Answer my question and be specific, quotes and all. You brought it up, so the Burden of Proof lies on you.
In post 1625, Bulbazak wrote:Why were they odd, and why does that make those posts bad or scummy?
In post 1625, Bulbazak wrote:What would Nacho do as town?
These are insistent points. I don't think he would just needlessly continue this line of arguments after attracting so much attention to himself. He wants to tie you to opinions, he isn't doing this just to appear busy. He isn't doing this just to get you riled up. He is genuinely interested in knowing your opinions.
The other points in the post show his thought process. He isn't leaving anything up to doubt.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (isolation #117) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1639, zMuffinMan wrote:bulba has 43 posts

i am perfectly fine with breaking that down in a PBPA and explaining exactly why he's scum if you want, oversoul
I'll read it.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (isolation #118) » Wed May 07, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1664, Nachomamma8 wrote:Oh no Oversoul I actually read your post and please fix your reads :(
;_;

Why am I so bad
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (isolation #119) » Wed May 07, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Oversoul »

Muffin, I'll throw you a bone. When I originally read Bulba's iso I thought to myself that Bulba wasn't exactly being super townie. His follow ups on a lot of his questions for lack of a better word were not existent and he seems to be happy to tunnel with you. However, he is doing something I do as town. I make walls that seemingly have little to do with the game. I get pressured for it ALL the time actually (read Farside's pressure of me earlier in this game). It helps me wrap my mind around the overall consensus of the game and see how the cogs are spinning for some players. I think I see town motivation in most of Bulba's stuff because of my own actions as town and how misconstrued they can be. Maybe I'm too sympathetic.

I will support you in pressuring Bulba to come up with some better scum reads though. Overall, he has not developed his scum reads (at least on you) despite spending such a large amount of time on it.

VOTE: Bulba

What exactly is wrong with my reads, Nacho. Be my guiding light.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (isolation #120) » Wed May 07, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1687, Venmar wrote:
Vote: Oversoul

I mean, Juls can wait, but really what is this?
?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (isolation #121) » Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Venmar if you die just remember you took your horrible vote on me to the grave
And then weep in shame
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (isolation #122) » Thu May 08, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

Bulba scum is really growing on me.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1721 (isolation #123) » Thu May 08, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Oversoul »

But seriously, Nacho, what is wrong with my reads? Do you disagree with the people I have labeled as town or the people I have labeled as scum? Both?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (isolation #124) » Thu May 08, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

Dayvig + Nightvig?

Merrr. Nope.

So far the people who've posted on this page are probably town except PZ.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (isolation #125) » Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Oversoul »

<3
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (isolation #126) » Thu May 08, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Oversoul »

I guess it is just a never ending cycle because that's why I think you're scum.

It's up to you
to break
the Catch-22
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1752 (isolation #127) » Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1746, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 1743, Oversoul wrote:I guess it is just a never ending cycle because that's why I think you're scum.

It's up to you
to break
the Catch-22
lol'd

No. I think you're scum because you aren't really contributing, which you say is because people are calling you scum.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1757 (isolation #128) » Thu May 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1755, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 1752, Oversoul wrote:No. I think you're scum because you aren't really contributing, which you say is because people are calling you scum.
Ok, what would you like to see me doing differently

also

Why aren't you attempting to make me contribute more if that's basically your sole reason for that read?

plus

I'm assuming you believe there are other non-contributors to the game, do they have scumreads as well?
More analysis like above.

I had my vote on you earlier in this day and it did nothing. I've moved onto bigger and better things. I can bring the horse to the water, but I can't make it drink. That's up to you. :|

Yes.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1908 (isolation #129) » Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Oversoul »

Farside
If you had a dayvig as scum, why would you waste it on a BP? It doesn't confirm you, it doesn't kill anyone, and it attracts attention.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (isolation #130) » Sun May 11, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Wagon competition so much better for TIP wagon but meh that looks like an easy mislynch
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (isolation #131) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1920, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1908, Oversoul wrote:Farside
If you had a dayvig as scum, why would you waste it on a BP? It doesn't confirm you, it doesn't kill anyone, and it attracts attention.
it uses up a shot of BP. It'd be that much easier for scum to kill venmar if need be if he's town.

that said, can you think of why town would shoot a claimed BP?
It's like you're in my head.

I get so complacent with you lurking because it means you're probably scum but then you go and pull this town shit. Ugh. You make my decisions so difficult at night. Can you either just town it up or scum it up please?

Farside, right now I am pretty far gone from even having a grasp on this game. The entire thread is that grey area in my head. So right now I am just going with my gut and hoping to form a town bloc. So I am going to vote people that I believe others have a compelling case/I can't find a reason to really believe they are town.
I think Aronis is a VI. I think that shot was fake. I think he is town.
I think TIP is a short sighted VI type player. I think he is town and the charges against him are trumped up.

I think Bulba COULD be scum. My gut says town because he is active but Muffin's case on him does show that there is a lot of emptiness in his ISO. Bulba's play is exactly the type of play I would make as scum. It's really easy to coast by with the way he is playing. I want to shake that tree out some more.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1932 (isolation #132) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Agar what you're selling is 50/50. You even admit it.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (isolation #133) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Well. Sarcasm was present in that post but if I was scum, I would probably go for the "meta" shot and shoot a BP to make night kills easier.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (isolation #134) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Oversoul »

If TIP flips town can we lynch Agar
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (isolation #135) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1940, talah wrote:I don't understand what you mean by this, can you expand please?
Answering Iec asking if my post commenting on AD was sarcastic
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (isolation #136) » Sun May 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1944, talah wrote:No I mean I don't understand what you're saying regarding 'meta-shots' and shooting a BP to make night kills easier.
Meta shot = something outside of the norm, something the meta likely hasn't seen

Like Hascow dayvigging his scum partner, or ETL nightkilling her own partner or something like that in Sabotage mafia.

So, shooting the BP, who needs 3 nightkills in order to officially die, each time taking the NK away from scum, would mean you only need 2 more nightkills to officially kill the bodyguard, only 2 NKs taken away from the scum.

It makes a certain amount of sense.

If both roles are true, I could see it happening, but damn... I wouldn't think Zor would try to pigeonhole the scum into having to deal with something as OP as the bodyguard.

I guess it isn't super OP with double night actions?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (isolation #137) » Mon May 12, 2014 5:41 am

Post by Oversoul »

ZZZX don't read so deeply into things. You'll begin to imagine situations that aren't there
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1978 (isolation #138) » Mon May 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I'm very confused at the first two posts on this page.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2013 (isolation #139) » Tue May 13, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Oversoul »

How many people think that the scumkill on BB came from my room?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2021 (isolation #140) » Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ugh fuck it.

VOTE: TIP

This game needs a reboot and hopefully a night of carnage will give it that.

I think there's a 50/50 chance of netting scum between Venmar + PZ. I honestly have no idea who would it be in that. The more I think about it, the more OP Venmar's role sounds and it is likely he is a BP goon, but do I want to waste time actually trying to verify that?

Did Aronis already independently verify that? UGH.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (isolation #141) » Tue May 13, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1980, farside22 wrote:
In post 1978, Oversoul wrote:I'm very confused at the first two posts on this page.
What was the point of the question you asked me in regards to aronis?

@juls: vote Tip or tell me why you won't.
I'm still confused lol.

I think Aronis is not a dayvig. I think he is lying a la (fancy french accent marks go here) Muffin's meta of Aronis regarding the QT shenanigans they had in their game. I think Aronis is town who just doesn't give a damn about this game or any game apparently.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2024 (isolation #142) » Tue May 13, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2023, TheIrishPope wrote:^ Scum
Eh, I won't be missed.
Not scum unlike you I can prove it :\

I'm sorry you feel this way TIP and I am townreading you but.. I'm just over this game being stuck in a quagmire.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2027 (isolation #143) » Tue May 13, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

TIP you can always come back for a chat tomorrow :P
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (isolation #144) » Tue May 13, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ass hole mafia

that was one of the coolest cards

w/e

I'll veto your lives
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2036 (isolation #145) » Tue May 13, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

Interesting he would use that role again.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (isolation #146) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Farside, how did you know what game that role came from?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2044 (isolation #147) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I don't think it will be that easy.

But this is a warning to everyone YOU must publicly choose who you will be nominating if not in the Private Topic, in the thread. And everyone must choose someone so that the mafia do not get to choose.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2045 (isolation #148) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2041, farside22 wrote:You think we should veto the card? I'm thinking more and with this group activity that card is the scum teams wet dream .
Yeah, I am thinking the same thing unfortunately.
I think this card is super interesting and has the potential to be useful for us. But with how many replacements we need and the activity of those not needing to be replaced... Ugh.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (isolation #149) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Oversoul »

What would you say is a shittier mechanic given our current predicament?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2048 (isolation #150) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Zor
will we know which groups have had their nominations selected by the mafia? Will the thread itself be locked? Do we know how many vetoes the mafia get?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2050 (isolation #151) » Tue May 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Why the hostility?

I say it is bad because the activity of this thread is horrible. I can count the active players on two hands. There's at least four hands of players in this game. I don't want the mafia to be able to choose who is alive for lynch and risk all the wifom involved with that.
It will only bring us further down the rabbit hole.

I'm looking at the other cards and I don't really see another super shitty card?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (isolation #152) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Oversoul »

What did nacho do that is scum claim? How he vetoed?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (isolation #153) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Who did he replace?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (isolation #154) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I mean Nacho. Who did he replace?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (isolation #155) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2048, Oversoul wrote:
Zoraster, will we know which groups have had their nominations selected by the mafia? Will the thread itself be locked? Do we know how many vetoes the mafia get?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (isolation #156) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Yeah KK was scum
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2091 (isolation #157) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Uh oh. They really want to make the most out of Double Action then
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2093 (isolation #158) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

The fact that TIP isn't voting anyone...
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (isolation #159) » Tue May 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Venmar, how does double action work with your bodyguard?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2099 (isolation #160) » Tue May 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2075, Iecerint wrote:
In post 2070, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2068, Iecerint wrote:Nacho being scum could also be a thing. Strange single-mindedness in nature of defense of TheIrishPope.
Would I defend my partner like this, or would I defend a townie like this?
You dropped the nature of the defense altogether once farside and I asked questions about it rather than doubling down. That's part of the weirdness that makes me think partners rather than whiteknights.

But yes, the possibility that you could scum regardless of TiP's alignment has crossed my mind.
I am so stupid Farside. I somehow missed that Talah mentioned the game by name
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2100 (isolation #161) » Tue May 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

How did that get quoted
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (isolation #162) » Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2097, Venmar wrote:I protect twice?
What if you connect twice?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (isolation #163) » Tue May 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Oversoul »

What if you only have one portion of your vest?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2150 (isolation #164) » Tue May 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Vote: Veto
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2197 (isolation #165) » Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Nacho

Tally ho!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (isolation #166) » Wed May 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2246, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2093, Oversoul wrote:The fact that TIP isn't voting anyone...
This has been warped into a scumtell in recent times even though it goes against the face of what actual scum play means. Actual scum play means that you're playing for survival purposes, while NOT VOTING YOUR COUNTERWAGON flies in the face of that. Not voting your counterwagon (because your counterwagon is pushing you too hard!!) means that you're not lending support to alternatives and instead means that you're making it more likely that you're going to get lynched. Scum has absolutely 0 motivation to do this except to pull off a sneaky sneaky "pretending to be town move" which I think most people here (minus talah) can agree isn't a TiP-scum move at all.
I take it you are angry at me for using this reason to vote TIP which isn't the case at all? I think TIP is town I was just commenting that him not voting is interesting given he thinks we are mislynching him.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2345 (isolation #167) » Wed May 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2336, Iecerint wrote:(3 + 1 = 4)
If they are all true?

I think it would be cool if we get Venmar lynched.

But I suppose one more night isn't going to do any harm... *sigh*

VOTE: TIP
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2360 (isolation #168) » Wed May 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Oversoul »

It's confirmable. Unlike Venmar who would be a much better power role lynch.

Let it pan out
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (isolation #169) » Wed May 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Nacho

Bulba's vote is what did it in for that TIP wagon. Ugh. This whole day has sucked.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2406 (isolation #170) » Wed May 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2395, Venmar wrote:
In post 2381, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Nacho

Bulba's vote is what did it in for that TIP wagon. Ugh. This whole day has sucked.
You are just plain out scum, aren't you?
I actually haven't been scum in months, almost a year now I think. I don't even know how to play as scum anymore

But keep clutching for reasons to call me scum
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2422 (isolation #171) » Wed May 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2382, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2381, Oversoul wrote: Bulba's vote is what did it in for that TIP wagon.
Excuse me?
It just didn't sit well with me.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2502 (isolation #172) » Thu May 15, 2014 1:57 am

Post by Oversoul »

Venmar is on Farside and Iec
Farside is on Talah and AD
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2597 (isolation #173) » Tue May 20, 2014 10:50 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think Split universe is good for two lynches. Although Magua clarified that the amount of scum in each group is random which is sad. :/

Mostly disagree with Always On because I
don't trust anyone
am antisocial.

More tonight
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2613 (isolation #174) » Tue May 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I would rather go with Split Universe because I don't want to rely on mechanics, but scumhunting. Plus 2 lynches.

Magua advocated two room which I liked but it may screw our PRs. :/
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2618 (isolation #175) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2519, ActionDan wrote:The reasons are retarded though but ok juls. Unless "no result" means didn't visit anybody I was roleblocked

That's exactly what it means in a Zoraster game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (isolation #176) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2524, Magua wrote:Followup to Oversoul and ZZZX because lollockedthread: Your plans are bad and you should feel bad. Oversoul, the knowledge you claimed, if true, you should absolutely positively under no circumstances do anything with. PEDit: Nevermind on that last bit.
Duly noted (and agreed).
In post 2530, Papa Zito wrote:
I didn't even get a chance to post in mine. It was closed by the time I got to it Sunday evening.
I'm conflicted if that's entirely a bad thing because the thread was an ungodly green color. Anyway here's a breakdown.

Post 1: zoraster's instructions
Post 2: TiP noms Prof Fridays without comment
Post 3: Prof Fridays noms TiP, complains about the color (VALID)
Post 4: Prof Fridays complains that I'm gonna nom him
Post 5: Prof Fridays unnoms TiP, says he wants to look at Metal Sonic as a candidate
Post 6: Prof Fridays re-noms TiP and talks about BROseidon's claim vs Metal Sonic's claim
Post 7: Metal Sonic noms TiP with no real comment

And that was it.

Did any group NOT complete the nomination process? Did scum pick any of these?

Also I dunno what cards are best to pick.
re: bolded, what the heck is wrong with people? Metal Sonic major scumpoints for that.

Prof Fridays has a damn weird playstyle.

We wouldn't be talking right now if any group was unable to nominate. They would still be making a decision.
In post 2538, Juls wrote:Also, Aronis admitted his day vig was fake
:roll: Who called that?
In post 2540, Magua wrote:None of them are as good as DDLM, but, shrug. The rare cards are all antitown crap, and the common cards are the gamut from bad to meh to only slightly town (Split Universe being the best, in that category).

So seems better to submit 1 sliiiiightly town card (Split Universe) + 1 actually useful town card (Always On / Black Light).

I think Always On's value can't really be overestimated, especially since it lets people claim things to people they trust (eg could do a massclaim to a trusted townie ie Juls who could then direct actions).
Meh. I will admit the random aspect of the distribution and the privatization of the two threads is probably a hindering effect for the event, I still think two lynches is a good thing. People have made their opinions known and will have to follow precedents already established within their play in this game. I have no idea why I am so opposed to always on other than the fear of INTERACTION. Jesus. I
am
antisocial. More so than I thought too. :cry:

/existential

I really don't like to bank on the fact that Juls will be our directing townie because there's no guarantee that Juls will even be ALIVE tomorrow. :| Plus, tracker roles which may be scum could be perhaps told to follow a sleeping power role that they wouldn't otherwise track if that sleeping power role didn't tell Juls. I am curious to know what Metal Sonic thinks about this plan specifically. His homesite LOVES this shit, to the point that they have to make roles that sometimes deal with this, as a balance issue.

If we did Always On, how many people would be adverse to a Google+ Hangout or a Skype thing?
In post 2540, Magua wrote:Because
Oversoul scumreads me in every single game we've ever played together
I'm not reading the thread, which is obviously a scumtell for me.
Point 1: *insert Castle gif where he is about to raise objection but then doesn't* I don't know if this is true but if it is... I am sorry. lol.
Point 2: Neither ZZZX nor I said "not reading the thread" is why we are suspicious of you. There is a distinction between what I said and what you're saying here.
In post 2574, Magua wrote:A quick guide!

Spoiler: Magua

Spoiler: Magna

Re: ActionDan: His track report on me is correct. Seeing him actually visit confirms that he wasn't roleblocked.
Two years since Magna died and people are still getting you two confused!
In post 2620, farside22 wrote:Also oversoul I'm curious why magua was nominated.
I think he is scummier than ZZZX.
At that point at least. I actually think our group was fucked and probably got all town. :|
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2622 (isolation #177) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Oversoul »

ZZZX did offer to nominate himself if it would come to that. I had to my nom choice farther in advance than I wanted because I would not be able to check it during work so I sent in my nom and Zor almost instantly locked the thread (which I was not expecting). I thought Magua would be able to get in a final word considering it was early in the morning.

To answer your question in the group, Magua, yes I think you are scummy for commenting on Nacho's alignment but not voting him. Would be the easy thing to do as scum if you wanted townie points for Nacho's flip.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (isolation #178) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Its the only thing that makes sense, unfortunately.

Magna had one of the most strict replace out policies, in terms of how hard he was on himself about it. He replaced out of 2 games without ANY notice whatsoever. He was also planning on running a game in the "near" future if I remember correctly. I know he had a kid and a wife and that might have done something but I feel like he would at least have time to let mods know about real life trouble?

I liked him even though he was really abrasive.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (isolation #179) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2625, zoraster wrote:
Day 3

ActionDan ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Agar ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Magua ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

Cheery Dog ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

mnemonicdevice ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

TheIrishPope ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 11 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 20 )
mnemonicdevice ActionDan talah Magua Aronis Papa Zito Bulbazak Juls Cheery Dog ZZZX PeregrineV Iecerint Venmar Oversoul Metal Sonic TheIrishPope farside22 Agar Brian Skies Prof Fridays

Total Votes ( 20 )

Needed to Lynch [ 11 ]

DeadlineDeadline is June 3 at 20:00 EDT --- Time Until Deadline: (expired on 2014-06-03 20:00:00)
Current Active Event:
Nomination Day
Tomorrow's Event:
PLAYER CHOICE. SUBMIT NOW
Oh we can vote?

VOTE: MnemonicDevice

Finally have a chance at this one. Although is a tempting option, as well as TIP if I just wanted to for spite.

Who did everyone think would be nominated from these groups?

The people nominated mostly matched up with who I thought was going to be selected. Curious as to why Pere was not the default selection in Room 2 considering Agar has been town town town this whole game.

Mostly curious as to what happened in Room 3 though... Any transcripts available on that one?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2631 (isolation #180) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I realize that. Paraphrase plz.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2634 (isolation #181) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Hmm... I think Always On + 2 Split Universe is the best use of our cards as Magua said earlier.

How would everyone feel about bolding that as confirmation in thread that is what they chose once deadline for the choice is confirmed? I know it will be impossible to track but it will at least give us the basic groundwork of the numbers for something being chosen.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2635 (isolation #182) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2632, Metal Sonic wrote:My group:

'Lol tip obv scum nom pls'

Thus tip got nommed
In post 2633, Metal Sonic wrote:Some dude posted a huge paragraph so you can read that somewhere here today

Are you in Room 3?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2643 (isolation #183) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I think Metal is lying?

He's obviously trying to buy time as we can see with his recklessness in his nomination as seen in the Papa Zito transcript?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2644 (isolation #184) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Hm Weird. Didn't give me a pedit.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2652 (isolation #185) » Tue May 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Yeah Zito is for sure town
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2660 (isolation #186) » Tue May 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2658, talah wrote:I'm not sure what special information you might have Oversoul (according to Magua) but if it's to do with last night you might want to claim it seeing as you were my second follow target.

At work, back later.
It isn't :\
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2705 (isolation #187) » Wed May 21, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Oversoul »

Cry Wolf is a wash. :/

Black light revealing more about Goo is possible. Hmm
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2711 (isolation #188) » Wed May 21, 2014 2:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2706, talah wrote:Dun lurk. I was at the point where I was going to express that we would have WORDS after the game finished if you were town. It's anti-town. Like STRONGLY anti-town, to play in this lurking fashion which you seem to think is okay.

Anyway - your spoilered catch-up -- I like. This most recent post -- not so much.

I'm telling you not to vote AGar right now, if you need someone to tell you not to. Otherwise I'd like rationalisation on the vote.

In a very similar vein to me not calling you out on Bulba - I figured there'd be *content* forthcoming which would explain the fucking move.

Yeah 11.15pm - not quite asleep.
Is this directed towards me?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2715 (isolation #189) » Tue May 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Oversoul »

md for scums
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2717 (isolation #190) » Tue May 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2716, Magua wrote: Black Light doing something with the goo is a very good guess (eg, identify everyone who has goo?) However, I'm not sure of the usefulness of this, given that we know(?) there's two types of goo and that Nacho didn't have any goo when he died. So I'm going for Always On, because holy shit I think that's powerful mojo, but I understand that
recluses
hermits
Oversoul
disagree. Still, Cry_Wolf is just objectively terrible.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (isolation #191) » Tue May 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Submitted Always On and Split Universe x 3.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (isolation #192) » Tue May 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I completely forgot what direction I was headed
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2730 (isolation #193) » Wed May 28, 2014 2:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

TIP then who is likely to be a nacho buddy?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2753 (isolation #194) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2740, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2728, TheIrishPope wrote:
And the way Nacho defended me was obviously indicative of scum trying to incriminate a townie
Except that all of the Nacho defense of you came before his scum-slip. You had a goodly wagon, he said you are town, you spoke not a word to him, he asked you a few questions you ignored, he voted Bulba and Aronis, and even at the end did not even survival vote you.

Vote: IrishPope
Scum have daytalk, Nacho scum would have been all over that in the QT. You would probably see some weird shit going on with TIP from TIP instead of flat out avoidance like you say?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2798 (isolation #195) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2793, Juls wrote:Talah, can you reveal who you got a special action result on last night?
In post 2794, talah wrote:Yah. Mnemonic.
In post 2797, Juls wrote:Well, the sticker giver is a "special action" so....he better have a good claim

BLOOD LUST ACTIVATED

ALL ABOARD!!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2836 (isolation #196) » Fri May 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Zoraster, could the mafia have selected different people to send in the two night kills?

Should clear anything up. Cheery gets scum points by way of night actions if this happens to be true.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2858 (isolation #197) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Seriously? Who the fuck put in Day Action. Go die in a fire.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2860 (isolation #198) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I'm actually really okay with that.

VOTE: veto
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2893 (isolation #199) » Sat May 31, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think he stalled to come up with a fakeclaim.

DGB's mantra echoes through my head right now...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”