talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (isolation #200) » Tue May 20, 2014 10:45 am

Post by talah »

Yeah so, Metal Sonic PGO with Yellow Goo, scum's kills are Blue Goo. I figure Black Light probably resolves that for town but since we already know this it's likely not the greatest event (although probably not terribad). Not utterly convinced over split universe given lack of results-sharing and unreadability later.

Waiting on Metal Sonic and mnemonic really to claim confirmation of PGO and target respectively.

Only two folks I'm tempted by so far are AD and TIP, and TIP only slightly less so due to zMuffin's read.

So *yawn*

Iec - couple of things:
The correction from the PT is "special action"
You got two results from AD from one of your tracks?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (isolation #201) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:48 am

Post by talah »

Nope, when I woke up this morning I had a PM from the mod saying he'd fucked up on the results he gave me which I claimed. To paraphrase.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2658 (isolation #202) » Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by talah »

I'm not sure what special information you might have Oversoul (according to Magua) but if it's to do with last night you might want to claim it seeing as you were my second follow target.

At work, back later.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (isolation #203) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Post by talah »

Did you already explain the Yellow Goo thing and how it ties in with your role PM?

If not, I would like to know. I'd like to know what the virus is called too please.

Paraphrase your role PM, in other words.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (isolation #204) » Tue May 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by talah »

Mokay.

The PGO claim was shit, just saying. But I buy that your role PM says you have chlamydia.

And now I'm headed off to submit my Player Choice vote, one of which, will necessarily be Black Light Day.

VOTE: ActionDan

Two full-role trackers isn't a thing. Iec is town. I'm have a little re-read of today's events too.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (isolation #205) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2679, Bulbazak wrote:And I'm not touching an AD lynch with a 10-foot pole.
Why is that?
In post 2514, PeregrineV wrote:With the focus on our own nomination process, I didn't look too closely at the other groups. I will be doing that, and have questions about how each person was decided and any discussions that took place.
*sigh* looking forward. I liked your NY 172 meta more to be honest. There at least you had balls and drive. This is more like your FE:A meta except... less. So you seem to have regressed. I don't have much reason to be town reading you and frankly I'm surprised you didn't end up the nominee for your room given zMuffin's "will-lynch" list.

Did AGar give any actual reasons for townreading you?
(I mean I could ask him but I want YOU to talk)
In post 2520, Magua wrote:Quick note: Ideal card submission is Split Universe (allows for double lynch) + Always On.

Always On could be swapped for Black Light, but it's a matter of known town advantage vs unknown.
I ended up submitting Black Light and 2 x Sorority Pledge but I can be convinced to change to Always On (although I'm kinda scairt like I presume Oversoul is. Fuck your webcams if that happens btw).

Surprised you ended up the choice for your room over XYZZY. Anything ping you in the PT? (I'm reading back through Today so if you've mentioned anything I'll get there).
In post 2521, Juls wrote:Thats exactly what I wanted to hear farside. I am your vigalante and the second kill target of mafia last night.
Oh and
I'm
God's Gift to Mafia.
lel

Why are there two spaces before 'vigilante' in what I'm quoting right now?
Not that I disbelieve your claim, just wondering if you can remember what you had typed there that you edited (like, serious somewhat-interested query here).

/anti-wall post end
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (isolation #206) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Post by talah »

Oh, sass is sass.

You'll note that I got a "special action" result against my first follow. I've named the player in our Private Thread so Iec and mnemonic both know who that is. That could potentially be your sticker-giver, I suppose...

But anyway since the claim already exists and not everyone has posted I'm in no real hurry here.

ed: yeah well I noticed it when I hit quote - whatever.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (isolation #207) » Tue May 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2688, ZZZX wrote:Well anyone care to explain the claims in the last 9 pages? I am confused
You mean summarise them, or explain how they're relevant?

We're pretty much looking for claims which don't match other claims.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (isolation #208) » Tue May 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2693, Metal Sonic wrote:nacho is so popular and transparent that he can be read so accurately!

except that this is detrimental to his scum game
This is kind of why I wondered why he'd go out of his way to call bullshit on your PGO claim by the way.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (isolation #209) » Tue May 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Post by talah »

...and wifom so hard on "would I defend TIP as a scumbuddy if I was scum? Or would I call him town-TIP for cred?"

Blegh. I recognise the difference between him as town and scum I think, but only because I respect him as town so much. His wifommy actions as scum are pretty opaque to me.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (isolation #210) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2560, TheIrishPope wrote:Umm, so yeah.
I don't feel any nominees are scum.
Do you care to name your top half of the remaining players who you think may be scum, with perhaps a line for each on
WHY?
please.

Actually I'd have preferred Prof in your room as a nominee I do believe. What reason did you give in the PT for nominating him?
In post 2598, ActionDan wrote:I like how I targetted a claimed pgo.
Yeah. What were you thinking there as "Tracker"?
Did you crumb your target so town would know that you targeted him if you died if he was actually PGO?
Did you simply disbelieve the claim? Did Nacho calling bullshit on the claim have any bearing on your decision?

Anything? No?

You also never explained *why* you decided to target Iec Night 1 even though I asked several times.
In post 2603, Iecerint wrote:I don't follow the special action thing. My guess is that you misunderstood what your action did based on a word you used in the nom thread, but I'm not sure.
Just clarifying - I got two follows last night, not tracks. Follower returns a result which is the action a player performed, but not their target. I got follows because of the Adjusting Investigator role. We lynched scum, so it resets to follow (same as if scum is nightkilled - it resets back to the weakest PR). Had we lynched town yesterday, I would have had gunsmith actions. The role gets stronger the more days scum don't get lynched or killed.

If we lynch scum today, I get another follow.
If we lynch town today, I'm back up to tracker.

Role starts at tracker (2nd tier).
In post 2628, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 2615, Prof Fridays wrote:I'm sorry... :|
In post 2604, Juls wrote:Prof - I won't be killing any more except for the sticker giver. So no more vig targets. Also, why would you want me to vig a pgo instead of a lynching him? Or were you talking about AD

Don't shoot me or you will expire

I'll die too but it doesn't matter much to me lol
I would seriously love for you to paraphrase your role PM, from start to finish.

Just go back to it in your PMs, don't use the exact wording except for things like "Yellow Goo" which can't be avoided, and state what your role is (the name), what yellow goo is, how the virus interacts and whether there are any stipulations on when your role does or doesn't work.

Would be super helpful.

/unwall
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2698 (isolation #211) » Tue May 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2652, Oversoul wrote:Yeah Zito is for sure town
Meta-plays don't come into it?

Also your action last night returned no result. I don't know why you were crumbing Vig / Night actions yesterday.
(Similarly I have no idea why AGar would beg not to be blocked and then self-nom)

Do you remember who it was earlier that mentioned the possibility of a mafia Ninja role? Does the now-confirmed BBMolla scum-kill of Night 1 come into your equations.. at all?
In post 2656, Juls wrote:Well I don't understand the choices as scum tbh.
Hmyeah. This is pretty much the only problematic thing. Double Doc or something?
I just can't see two full trackers in addition to my own role.

Anyway, time for sleepy-byes and hopefully some further info comes to light in the meantime.

/end spamfuck
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (isolation #212) » Wed May 21, 2014 2:17 am

Post by talah »

Dun lurk. I was at the point where I was going to express that we would have WORDS after the game finished if you were town. It's anti-town. Like STRONGLY anti-town, to play in this lurking fashion which you seem to think is okay.

Anyway - your spoilered catch-up -- I like. This most recent post -- not so much.

I'm telling you not to vote AGar right now, if you need someone to tell you not to. Otherwise I'd like rationalisation on the vote.

In a very similar vein to me not calling you out on Bulba - I figured there'd be *content* forthcoming which would explain the fucking move.

Yeah 11.15pm - not quite asleep.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (isolation #213) » Wed May 21, 2014 2:37 am

Post by talah »

I hate myself for not being able to read either of you.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (isolation #214) » Wed May 21, 2014 2:42 am

Post by talah »

No.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (isolation #215) » Thu May 29, 2014 1:03 am

Post by talah »

Yeh yeh I'm here - ping pong bing bong. Had been reading along loosely but the site only came up yesterday and I worked late last night and tonight (10pm here now).

Another awesome thing is that Telstra Business DNS servers haven't updated and can't find a record for mafiascum.net, which is awesome considering I've had to change my local DNS to 8.8.8.8 for the purposes of accessing the forum at home.

Anyway something something about skimming now.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (isolation #216) » Thu May 29, 2014 1:16 am

Post by talah »

In post 2768, Brian Skies wrote:Talah will probably give me some reason as to why I shouldn't be voting Agar and I'm willing to wait.
Don't care to "unsell" you on an AGar vote but I want to know what you're thinking. If you'd like to sit back and give no reasons that's your prerogative but you should know I find it scummy and/or useless post-game.
But I don't expect him to be trying to convince me to vote anyone other than Tip
You might find yourself wrong about that but we'll see. I wouldn't resist a TIP lynch and you'll notice I've made no attempt to sell it today - not that it means I find him any more townie than I have before.
(and I'm pretty sure he's just voting AD for lack of towniness and disbelief of two trackers being in the game anyways;
Yep. Also much much more useless than in FE:A. There he was a quiet voice of reason. Here he's avoiding interactions and saying nothing useful.
which I do believe there could be multiple trackers, but the alignments are what I'm concerned about).
I can see my role, plus one full tracker and one non-consecutive / x-shot, but not two full trackers in addition. I'm a bit worried about the way AD magicked up his actual targets after Iec called him on them too. Not really sure what to think there but something's wrong.
I'm extremely curious as to what Black Light Day would do and it's been eating at my soul. >.>
You win some townieness from me anyway. Let's talk more.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2773 (isolation #217) » Thu May 29, 2014 1:28 am

Post by talah »

In post 2756, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2705, Oversoul wrote:Black light revealing more about Goo is possible. Hmm
Well, this is an interesting thought.

Idk, it just says 'generally town positive'. And it's pretty cryptic as is.
We already know at the very least that Blue Goo indicates a scumkill of some kind. Keep that in mind. There's no way that zMuffin was killed my anyone but scum.
I don't understand your last comment about Bulba. It's mostly me going through Muffin's case and going, "oh yeah, I totally can see this." Especially with regards to: continuing to push the same targets without processing new information, and walls looking less than spectacular. There were probably other reasons, but I don't remember them because I read it a long time ago. But I can't vote Bulba. So I went for someone I thought could be Bulba's partner (Agar).
Okay to the other couple of points in the paragraph (and your mention of your own playstyle).

Regarding Bulba, the backtracking example which you pointed out I could see as a poke-and-think rather than a backtrack, but that's equating my own processes with Bulba's which are different. I dont' actually have a confident read on either of Bulba or AGar, I just know that both were in my room night one and I didn't die. That may have been tactical, I must admit. I was hoping that one or the other might have been my fairy godmother.

My comment was really to do with the creation of the wagon, which you seemed to imply was testing the waters in a town sense. That wagon became something. I let it go to see what happened, at the time, even though your vote didn't have me feeling all warm and fuzzy as a counterwagon to TIP. From memory the wagoning went TIP > Bulba > Aronis > Nacho? Do you have any opinions on the way end of Day 2 went down (or Day 1 for that matter)?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2774 (isolation #218) » Thu May 29, 2014 1:31 am

Post by talah »

@Pere - any chance you feel like digging up a claims / claimed actions list?

Set me to task on anything specific you want me to do if you're up for it, otherwise I might bust out the ole BBcode and manual labour myself for shits and giggles. Weekend's coming up here, should have some time.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2775 (isolation #219) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:43 am

Post by talah »

PENTA-POST!
In post 2708, TheIrishPope wrote:Plus his play is sketchy.
Alright. What's sketchy about his play? I have my ideas, tit for tat.
In post 2720, ZZZX wrote:Yo all.

I forgot who I expected to be scum
What? Did you forget who you expected to be town too?
In post 2721, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2685, talah wrote:
In post 2679, Bulbazak wrote:And I'm not touching an AD lynch with a 10-foot pole.
Why is that?
Because I think his claim of tracking MS implicates MS more than it does him.
Um - if AD's town how does him thinking MS might be scum implicate MS unless he got a result on MS?
In post 2697, talah wrote: Actually I'd have preferred Prof in your room as a nominee I do believe.
Why?
TIP's been under a lot more pressure than Prof. TIP's a default nominee. We don't need default nominees, we need nominees who people have reasons for putting up for lynch.

TIP might be scum. But are you townreading Prof?

(that entire room is interesting, as an aside. Zito comes from behind and gets HUGE cred for a strange scumslip call which I didn't even think was more than marginal - he was previously pretty widely scumread; Metal Sonic replaces BRO who hadn't really contributed and his only saving grace was mentioning the Yellow Goo thing - which I'm still not so sure about given the inability to paraphrase a role PM; TIP my thoughts so far have been relatively simple about, although Nacho goes about WIFOMming whether he'd defend or bus a buddy (probably bus given the roleblocker thing but meh, he hasn't had a lot of luck with bussing lately); Prof well... I'll wait on TIP's assessment and might even call it good.)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2777 (isolation #220) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:58 am

Post by talah »

mnem.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2794 (isolation #221) » Thu May 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by talah »

Yah. Mnemonic.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2840 (isolation #222) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by talah »

What action did you perform last night?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2843 (isolation #223) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by talah »

Because I got a result on you which is "special action" and you haven't posted since day start till just now. Juls mentioned the sticker giver role prior to me outing who I got the result on (although if you'd been reading along since Day start and just choosing not to post, as you seem to imply by saying you only have to catch up on events "since the crash", you'd know this).

So now it's out that I have a result on you, and you need to claim your action.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2848 (isolation #224) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by talah »

mnemonic, just to clarify, if you're not going to claim your *role* then you need to claim your *targets*.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (isolation #225) » Fri May 30, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by talah »

Yeah well, pretty much, to both comments there.

UNVOTE: ActionDan
VOTE: mnemonicdevice
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2856 (isolation #226) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by talah »

I think Day Action sucks, like - a lot.

Basically gives mafia a free kill on an unprotected PR.

Thinking about vetoing this if we can. Not a whole lot of time right now tho.

mnemonic - you're at L-3 right now. Can you just claim or something? There's a smorgasbord of other PR claims on the table so hiding whatever the hell your actions / role is is pretty anti-town right now IMO. Not like you'd be a preferred kill choice over the current claims.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2859 (isolation #227) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by talah »

Alright - yeah post-crash I didn't really follow up on that but my intent was to get Pere talking looking back at that post. The reasons were actually more important.... look a lot of this is from memory. Mostly I have residual impressions of who I have town or maybe-scum reads on. And I want the outcome of the result on mnem too. I'll just mention here that I sought mod clarification on another circumstance regarding that.

I'll take it you've checked that we can veto the result of Player Choice, which is the only inhibition to Veto that I had (reading rules is tech. Reading Zor's rules is work).

VOTE: Veto
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2866 (isolation #228) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by talah »

In other news, Aronis can be town.

I also have a weird gut town on XYZZY which is nice for my own PoE purposes.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2869 (isolation #229) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2867, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2866, talah wrote:In other news, Aronis can be town.
For what do we owe the honor of this read?

Because all he's managed to do is state the obvious that submitting Day Action is scummy and now the person who submitted it is never going to admit it.
Hi.

It's "To what do we owe the honour", not "For what".

And the read is a culmination of general early play, increased participation over time, the attempted Dayvig, and the fact that his lynch list is people I also would *really really like to see the flips from*.

So I'm trying to transpose my own thinking over what I think would be reasonable coming from Aronis, and am happy to townread him.

Any problems there?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2873 (isolation #230) » Fri May 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by talah »

Goodo, sorry for being acerbic. I'm going to play some Smite now.

Other folks need to post.

^ed: lol, no, no, no. English class, not EN(US) class.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2922 (isolation #231) » Sat May 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by talah »

Egghhh kinda prod dodge.

Night 1

talah tracks Venmar (no result)
Iece tracks talah (no result)
ActionDan tracks Iece (result: visited talah)
farside jailkeeps Kublai Khan/Nacho
Juls vig's KingdomAces
Venmar bodyguards Oversoul
KK/Nacho (???)
BBMolla is killed showing blue goo
--

Day/Night 2

Aronis dayvig's Venmar (??? - someone said this was admitted to as fake in the PT)
talah follows Oversoul (no result) and mnemonicdevice (result special action)
Iece tracks ActionDan (result Metal Sonic and Magua/Deathnote) and ???
ActionDan tracks Metal Sonic (no result) and Magua/Deathnote (no result)
farside jailkeeps Juls and Cheery Dog
Juls vig's (I can't remember sorry) (fails)
Venmar bodyguards Iec and farside
zMuffin is killed showing blue goo
mnemonic ???

Oversoul crumbs night action? ("You make my decisions at night harder")
AGar crumbs night action? ("Please don't jailkeep me on double action night")
--

And that's about me for today.

@Cheery - dunno, it's hard enough figuring out rules for myself so am tending to cross-reference. Between us we seem to get to the crux. Well except for geography heh.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2925 (isolation #232) » Sat May 31, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by talah »

How comfortable would you be in a LYLO situation, Prof?

Serious question.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2944 (isolation #233) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by talah »

It should do as the action was follower last night. Unless his results were somehow shielded by goo or he simply visited two targets who were both untargetable. I'm not a fan of the claim but I want to know the targets.

(I'm going to be low-ish activity for the next couple of days - got some RL stuff)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2946 (isolation #234) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Post by talah »

Well let's say he was targeted someone who was jailkept, does the action succeed and therefore return a result?

Sure, I'll clarify but the answer is kind of pointless until after mnemonic claims his targets anyway.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2947 (isolation #235) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Post by talah »

*he targeted

Anyway, I've asked.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2949 (isolation #236) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2948, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2946, talah wrote:Well let's say he was targeted someone who was jailkept, does the action succeed and therefore return a result?
Would a JK only block half of what his role is supposed to do?
Can we just let mnemonic out his targets first?

Read the action resolutions in the OP 'Known Information' section please :)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2981 (isolation #237) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by talah »

@Brian - in a nutshell, you're correct about the last thing we talked about.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2987 (isolation #238) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by talah »

The answer back is that follower should get an action result on whoever mnem *targeted* regardless of whether his target was interfered with.

What I was (maybe) seeing in the goo, is that my result might have been reactive - ie, I targeted mnem, this I got special action back because he'd spread goo (or unspread, whatever) on *me*.

Thanks for being totally unsubtle and making me out both the result of my clarification and possible scumslip trap!
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2991 (isolation #239) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by talah »

In post 2989, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2987, talah wrote:The answer back is that follower should get an action result on whoever mnem *targeted* regardless of whether his target was interfered with.

What I was (maybe) seeing in the goo, is that my result might have been reactive - ie, I targeted mnem, this I got special action back because he'd spread goo (or unspread, whatever) on *me*.

Thanks for being totally unsubtle and making me out both the result of my clarification and possible scumslip trap!
Okay, now that the cat's out of the bag anyways...

Does this mean all that matters is whether your result succeeded instead of whether or not his did?

Are you supposed to have received an 'investigative result' back on top of his 'special action'? You don't have to answer this if you don't want to. But if he's caught scum, I'd rather just lynch him instead of wasting our time here.
I don't know what matters, all I currently know is that I got a special action result and when I asked the mod whether target-of-target interference would change my result I got a pretty specific answer that it wouldn't.

So now we either wait for mnem to come up with something (which in my mind at this point would be more about scum association for tomorrow given what I'm seeing as likely), or you make up your own mind given the facts, seeing as you know what I do.

Are you asking me to heartily endorse mnem for lynch? Eghhhhh... It seems to me like he's scum because he hasn't said who his targets were and the claim seems shoddy? Especially considering the PT where he made no reference at all to self-preservation? And I'm voting him? And there's only a few days left? And I think he's stalling? Does that work for you? Or can you make up your own mind?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2993 (isolation #240) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by talah »

Yeh and I thought about that afterward sometime during the numerous back and forths simply for clarification on something like 'all things being equal should target give me a follow result even if target-of-target was interfered with, and I don't currently have the patience or mental wherewithal to be bothered with it, so maybe you or Brian could ask the exact same thing. It's not like me having the actual role follower last might is going to change the response by virtue of asking.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2994 (isolation #241) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by talah »

Sorry for typos, I'm jamming posts down right now, am a bit preoccupied with non-game stuff.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2997 (isolation #242) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Post by talah »

I think the answer to that would almost unequivocally be "jailkept".

The real issue is whether the result that I got was because something goo-ish happened to me and mnem's investigations failed. (Or I was subverted somehow.) Or goo overrides investigate results, etc.

Egh.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3056 (isolation #243) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 am

Post by talah »

Post 1, item 7.

"Scum have daytalk."
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3059 (isolation #244) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:19 am

Post by talah »

We have almost 4 days Pere. I don't intend to drag this out but it's pointless hammering around your own busy schedule if he's promising to fullclaim "tonight" (which I'm reading as within 12 hours). I'll be around.

UNVOTE: mnemonic

I think that's L-2?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3113 (isolation #245) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3108, Clyton wrote:It's confirmed to me that I have not received the yellow goo.
Explain this please.

Confirmed by who, and how.

AD (you) targetted Metal.
Metal has yellow goo.
Metal claims his goo spreads to anyone who targets him.
You claim you don't have goo and this is confirmed to you.

One of you is therefore lying.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3119 (isolation #246) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by talah »

I am at that point where I really don't believe the claim and don't have much impetus to nut it out further.

I just scanned back through our nomination PT and Iec actually asked when mnem started reading both of us as town. Mnem said it was around the time of the tracker massclaims that he started thinking that all three claims were town. The only hint that he had a result on me was his first post where he simply said he didn't like to be the nominee because it was against his wincon to die and if he had to nominate someone it would be Iec. Aside from that, no reference to overnight changes, no reference to results, nothing to indicate that if he really did think we were both town he was willing to divulge anything.

Unfortunately the only way I can see this claim being true is if I was bus-driven and that's such a rare and OP role that I really really doubt it. It's the only thing that would explain me getting 'special result' and nothing else.
In post 3115, Metal Sonic wrote:Maybe because the mod doesn't inform you when the goo is spread, smartass
Is this at me?
He said he had a confirmed result that he didn't have goo. Now he clarifies it's confirmed because of lack of information. Bite me.

What L- are we at?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3122 (isolation #247) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by talah »

@Iec - did you ever claim your second target, or is it important to do so today?

@Everyone else - last words, thoughts, want me to hold off? 5.30p here, I'm probably up till 11ish. I can leave it alone if you want so we have more time, but really, I don't see a point.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3125 (isolation #248) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by talah »

Mokay I'll leave it to ya then.

Hey - I just noticed something. Please validate.

mnemonic said he copped me Night 1 and got a result. He was two rooms away. I travelled one room away.

Geography?

edit: okay sorry, missed the Cheery result.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3128 (isolation #249) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Post by talah »

*shrug* you've been more right about it than I have in the past. It was just that 'time taken' clause because presumably a cop two rooms away 'takes more time' than a tracker one room away.

Seriously on one hand I'm loving these mechanics and on the other, I have a mental picture of Zor in full leather with a flail.

ZZZX - eghh, no, please. Just leave it to Iec if you'd be so kind.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3136 (isolation #250) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Post by talah »

You know, I was just going to say "Please lynch Clyton tomorrow if I'm dead" but yeah.

Mainly for his inconsistency but also (because of AD and also) because I 100% agree with AGar that focussing on what a predecessor has said in an entrance, especially in a large game where it might be hard to figure out just what the fuck one's predecessor has or hasn't claimed might be quite taxing, is pretty scummy and I've actually seen kuribo catch scum out like that before (mind, kuribo blatantly claimed that the predecessor had claimed something different. Replacement comes back, says "nuh-huh, I just ISO'd my predecessor and he didn't say that").

Anyway if I'm alive I might... mull it over against other lynch possibilities, cause I'm just that kind of guy.

....so I came back to state two things.

1) clarification on something I said earlier - I only got *one* result which was "special action" back from mnem. I specifically asked the mod whether this meant I had a single result, or two results, or I couldn't tell. The answer was: "You can't tell".
Not important here and now mainly, but I figure it might be important later. Perhaps.

2) I've just asked Zor another question which is basically me squinting at mnem's claim sideways through grease-smeared sunglasses. The question is essentially - if I targeted someone who had two actions, one special and one investigative, and *I* was roleblocked - would I get back *only* the special action result due to action resolution order?
I mean it doesn't make sense to me that I would, since the roleblock would presumably negate any result at all.. But still.

Adieu. Hopefully see you all Tomorrow, or er.. tomorrow if the thread's still open. HAZ BEEN FUN.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3137 (isolation #251) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:28 am

Post by talah »

Answer back on that second point is that I would have gotten no result had my action been blocked.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3159 (isolation #252) » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Post by talah »

Yup.

VOTE: mnemonic

L-1
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3263 (isolation #253) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by talah »

I followed Bulba last night. And I just woke up, so, coffee.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3266 (isolation #254) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3264, Juls wrote:
In post 3263, talah wrote:I followed Bulba last night. And I just woke up, so, coffee.
Really? You are going to leave us hanging like that?

What was your result.
Oh sorry - no result. I thought that was implicit.
Also lay off, I'm grumpy and haven't gotten my head around the goo resolution and AGar's tracker claim is giving me the irrits.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3273 (isolation #255) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by talah »

^This, except if I was targeted by someone with goo last night. Thinking/reading.

AGar I'm really surprised you weren't massively incredulous about effectively 4 tracker roles.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3274 (isolation #256) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by talah »

Oh and Oversoul no goo also implies that I picked it up last night too.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (isolation #257) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by talah »

Pretty much proves it, in fact.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (isolation #258) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Post by talah »

I'm just concerned that scum have some kind of goo removal role or mechanic considering mnemonic's claim.

Anyway, I'm not having a lot of luck thinking outside this box right now. I think I'm tending to want to vote Bulba just based on the goo and zMuffin's push despite the lack of an action result. But I still haven't gotten my head around things yet. So.. sorry for thread-clutter.

Edit: we don't know what other PRs scum have, but yeah I understand that's where you're coming from.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (isolation #259) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by talah »

Please chill on the speedlynching guys, I at least want to think about today's events and get some thoughts into the thread before we hand over to scum for whatever fucking kill they'd like to perform tonight.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3305 (isolation #260) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by talah »

Okay, thanks Magua.

Previous wallish thoughts I was going to post but somewhat moot:

Spoiler:
Couple of things back from questions to the mod.

Follower would not see goo spread as an action.

Geography would not affect goo spreading... in general terms. So an action that fails purely because of Geography but would otherwise spread goo, would still spread goo. Is my understanding. Not sure if this affects anything; maybe it didn't come into play.

Okay here's the thing. The only (mitigating) way I can see Bulba getting goo is if he got it from me, or if scum had previously actioned against him. Which means I would have had to be targeted by some role with goo at or below investigative last night. Scum must have some pretty dwindling PRs now and they killed Iec. Unless they have an explicit goo spreader (to paint both me and my target as goo), or unless someone has previously targeted Bulba, I just don't know how it got on him.

HOWEVER, Zito also has goo. Farside spreading this to Zito could explain it, but only if Farside had goo *yesterday*. AGar claims that farside didn't have it yesterday (ie, Night 2) due to his own non-goo status and track of Farside.

BUT, how does Juls have goo if farside didn't have it yesterday?

Mokay, figured it out *if and only if* Juls was in fact the second scum-target Night 2.

But that would mean that farside *didn't get goo from Juls Night 2* due to resolution order.

This is really confusing and I think I'm missing some stuff. But I think we have to consider that yellow goo is probably town-Metal Sonic based and blue goo is probably to do with who scum have attempted to kill (or successfully killed). Which means I could have been, say, docced on Night 2 and the attempted NK and ended up with goo whereas the ...

(trails off here like Mozart, heheh)

At this point today, I'm most interested in figuring out when and from whom farside actually contracted goo.

But I'm out for today. XD
And I miss Iec.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3308 (isolation #261) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3302, Oversoul wrote:
In post 3272, AGar wrote:No, it explains Talah goo. Talah did not have goo before, as evidenced by mnemonic flipping without goo, who Talah visited N2.
Like I am still sketch on this...

Because, Talah doesn't have the goo going into Night 3 that means he got it Night 3, either FROM Bulba or from someone with Yellow Goo/Blue Goo.

I think Clyton tracked Talah last night, Talah then gives this goo to Bulba.

I still don't see how Farside got hers unless it was from Papa Zito.
I think that if Clyton is killed his track action doesn't get to spread goo.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3311 (isolation #262) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3303, Cheery Dog wrote:Since before Nacho's scumslip there was practically no suspicion on him, I'm still not willing to really lynch Zito. I guess there's an option of distancing going to far. Although the fact Zito ended up leaving the wagon gives some credence to them being possible scumbuddies.
Zito was one of the main folks under suspicion before barrelling into Nacho, FYI.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3321 (isolation #263) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by talah »

AGar, quick one - when did farside get goo? Consider resolution order please.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3324 (isolation #264) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by talah »

heh.

No, I like it here.

Anyway eghh, I'm hoping between you and Magua you have the Cheery thing sorted.

VOTE: Zito

Back later.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3334 (isolation #265) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by talah »

Having an iPad makes my "seeya later" claims dubious at best.

This is from one of Zor's OPs:
Known Information from teh ruleses wrote: Night Resolution Order
0. Special
1. Roleblocking
2. Protecting
3. Mafia Kills/Traitor Recruitment
4. Vigilante Kills
5. Other Kills
6. Miscellaneous
7. Investigations
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3337 (isolation #266) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by talah »

Please don't forget that mnemonic claimed to have the ability to *remove* goo.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3341 (isolation #267) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by talah »

Yeah fine, but I don't know how he even bothers to claims role which can remove goo unless it's provable in some sense. We say "fine, mnemonic, you're a cop with goo-gone. we're having black light day tomorrow, so you need to tell us someone you're going to remove goo from and we'll make sure they don't have goo tomorrow." See?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3342 (isolation #268) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by talah »

Egh, above at 'mnem's claim is inconsequential' peeps
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3343 (isolation #269) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by talah »

I doubt that Zor is providing fakeclaims considering the trash Nacho offered up. And Clyton's confusion. And AD's tracker claim.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3345 (isolation #270) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3344, AGar wrote:I have a feeling scum had an idea of how goo worked before we did, to be honest. With one of them starting with it, it seems preeeetty likely.
Yeah no shit. So why does mnem then claim something which might save him if he can only prove it? Points to scum having a role/mechanic which removes goo, no?

Like my tinfoil wants to say that scum get their goo reset to null each day start or something.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3350 (isolation #271) » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by talah »

UNVOTE:

Why in the fuck would Cheery be targeted for a kill?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3373 (isolation #272) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:37 am

Post by talah »

I'll check with Zor tomorrow regarding auto-reset to follower due to Clyton kill, because the role doesn't explicitly say whether it would follow on to the next day. Just says if mafia is lynched or killed it resets. But it also says if town is lynched it climbs.

Also, Hi TIP. Sup?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3378 (isolation #273) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:45 am

Post by talah »

I guess there's the goo spread thing to figure out. I'm not sure what to do, myself.

Do you believe AGar could also be a full tracker?
Think either of Papa Zito or Bulba is scum? Or is this a setup?

ed: ^ for TIP
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3381 (isolation #274) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:47 am

Post by talah »

In post 3376, Oversoul wrote:
In post 3373, talah wrote:I'll check with Zor tomorrow regarding auto-reset to follower due to Clyton kill, because the role doesn't explicitly say whether it would follow on to the next day. Just says if mafia is lynched or killed it resets. But it also says if town is lynched it climbs.

Also, Hi TIP. Sup?
How did you know he was here and reading the thread?
Didn't. I saw him pop in earlier and thought to say hi back just now.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3387 (isolation #275) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:11 am

Post by talah »

Cheery - probably. After that it gets pretty OP if we have trouble with the last scum. ATM vig is better though.

TIP - uh.. I don't know about Bulba. Magua claimed responsibility for his goo (and mine). Zito for Geography reasons might make more sense (the kill was in his room).

Prof - my post . It's a full role, just changes.

VOTE: Papa Zito
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3390 (isolation #276) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:16 am

Post by talah »

In post 3383, Cheery Dog wrote:But since I've just remembered I had a post I wanted to do when the topic got locked yesterday.
In post 3119, talah wrote:The only hint that he had a result on me was his first post where he simply
said he didn't like to be the nominee because it was against his wincon to die
and if he had to nominate someone it would be Iec.
Why was this fact not brought up earlier in the day?
That in itself would have been enough of a scumclaim for my vote.
I guess it didn't seem important or all that significant.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3391 (isolation #277) » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:19 am

Post by talah »

In post 3388, farside22 wrote:Hmm I realize bulba claimed vt and I thought how I might have goo outside pz.

Give me a moment.

unvote
If you had goo Night 2 Venmar should probably have it.
Unless the bodyguard thing is another question to the mod.

*sigh* gnight
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3436 (isolation #278) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by talah »

Cheery's Clear. At work, back later.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3524 (isolation #279) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by talah »

Honestly I had the mindset of PoE when I submitted the follow against Cheery. I agree AGar's pretty scummy and figured either I was dead or he had some way of masking the kill if he was scum.

TIP is also the way I saw today going down, so I agree with the plan. Will wait for everyone to check in and confirm they've submitted though.

Me - I like the dead returning event but it's kind of wifom/trolly with all four scum coming back so meh. So I'm just going to submit the Always On / Split Universe as suggested.

I do want Magua's claim as well, but that's just out of interest at the moment. I'm guessing neighbouriser or LOL FRIENDLY NEIGHBOUR or fruit vendor or something.

Anyhoo :)

Edit: I presume the spoiler has a goat in a kaftan piloting a Nascar that has rockets strapped to it's roof.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3537 (isolation #280) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by talah »

^Yeah that's a point. I might change mine I think. Fuck the trolls (actually it's likely to be pretty fun too :P )
(And saves me from Always On O.O )

So, waiting on...

Cheery
TIP
Venmar
Brian
Pere

To check in and confirm event submission.

Fuck me dead this could take a while.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3539 (isolation #281) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:36 am

Post by talah »

Yeah and the paranoia creeps in that someone has slipped through the cracks...
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3540 (isolation #282) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 am

Post by talah »

Oh I forgot the last part of that post.

O.O

:P
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3543 (isolation #283) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 am

Post by talah »

ye ye ima believer
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3545 (isolation #284) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:49 am

Post by talah »

^look I somewhat agree with this. Obviously Oversoul wants your claim particularly Magua. I wouldn't mind it either.

You've just finished saying how we win no matter who gets killed (ie worst-case if PRs get killed). And the basic problem is if you're claiming something crappy and unprovable like simple neighbouriser - I mean there's no reason you shouldn't claim. Bulba's been taken for rides before (sorry man but fact).

So.... I do believe in massclaim just for this purpose. I don't think Oversoul has anything to gain as scum by asking. I think town has a decent amount to gain through nailing down claims now.

--just my take--
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3550 (isolation #285) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:12 am

Post by talah »

@Mod - Replace me - sorry.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”