Stargate SG-1 Mafia- Game OVER! BUT WHO WON!?

VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Thu May 10, 2007 9:26 am

Post by VanDamien »

vote: johhan
for being #23
Fnord is the whole donut.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #1) » Sun May 13, 2007 1:45 am

Post by VanDamien »

Coppélia wrote:It may be too early to discuss this, but the mod's description of the game makes me think that the future players are going to be mostly bad for town.
That's not how I read it at all.
Mod's Description of the Game wrote:while this will allow the SGC personnel who are currently offworld to return, it will also enable other, possibly unsavoury people to come through as well.
Seems it'll be a mix, and with what I remember from the show, teams sent offworld are usually groups of four, so a 4/2 split seems somewhat likely.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Mon May 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Playing to emotions is a scumtell; I'm happy with my vote.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #3) » Wed May 16, 2007 11:44 am

Post by VanDamien »

As I've stated, I find Johan's attempt to appeal to our emotions by mentioning he was lynched day one in another game, and then continue by checking if he could discuss that game, very suspicious.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #4) » Thu May 17, 2007 10:37 am

Post by VanDamien »

Well, that's a strange claim that doesn't seem to fit the theme, but admitting to being mafia is enough for me. Still happy with my vote where it is.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #5) » Sat May 26, 2007 2:54 am

Post by VanDamien »

The vote not only meant nothing, it's explanation pings even more for me.
Pollux wrote:the only reason i asked is that even though everyone seemed to have voted, there was a few people who was wanting to hear Johanns reaction, and i didnt want to deny it, since obviously if he could defend himself sucessfully or if the players got what they wanted to hear, then he MIGHT have been able to clear his name. So i just wanted to be fair to all parties, and later in the game, if/when my name comes, i would hope i get the same treatment, you know? Still, since you only need the majority, and there is a hammer vote, you can have more than the bare minimum, and i might as well vote for who i thought too

Vote Johann
Johhan had already put up the weakest of defenses, one that had reinforced his scumminess to me. The whole part just reads as asking for a fake claim/defense later to be listened to instead of attacked.
and how is fishing for town approval seem scummy? I would hope that we all would agree on something, otherwise no lynches happen :P
We can lynch just fine with only a majority agreeing, surely doesn't take everyone.
i dont see how it can be scummy..?
Townies don't need to seek approval, they just need to go out and find the scum.
Oo, and it isnt that simple to just "vote" You have to read the posts and find whether or not you think he is, yes i thought he was, but i also have to think and consider whether he was innocent, and if those posts were that of nooby type. It's not just shoot first and ask questions later.
So, yes you thought he was scum, but you had to think and see if you could find a way to convince others he wasn't?

vote: pollux
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #6) » Mon May 28, 2007 7:15 am

Post by VanDamien »

I can see the scummy case against Meta, and could see myself going along with that lynch today; for many of the reasons already stated, but Pollux still seems more scummy, for example:
Pollux wrote: @ VanDamien,
YES, townies need approval, what do you think the vote count with 13 is?
if we dont have 13 people approving it, it aint going to happen, lol.
i wasnt saying he was innocent, its just that it isnt good to fry everyone who looks at you in passing. In America, its called innocent until proven guilty. i just want to make sure i dont screw up too :D
YES, the town works together to lynch, but NO, townies do not need to actively SEEK approval.

Second, this is Mafia, not America, and here it's suspected until proven innocent.

Third, that last line there, is that saying you don't want to screw up like your scumbuddy did? The word "too" seems to imply it.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #7) » Tue May 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by VanDamien »

now a ranger wrote:I am confused about Albert in a way, as he is always distracting and scummy in the other games I've been in with him.
QFT

Otherwise, I'm happy with my vote on Pollux. VT shouldn't be uneasy about a roleclaim on day 2, and his defense of the word too seems weak.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Tony, in 492 you promised thoughts, and now offer an excuse for not giving them?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:43 am

Post by VanDamien »

I'd personally like to wait for the replacements , and perhaps some commenting that can come with it, but Tony's looking worse and worse.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by VanDamien »

unvote
Pollux's posting still reads fairly scummy to me, but I'm leaning towards believing the claim,
for now

@Yogurt: I believe there has been a decent case put forth against Pollux before he claimed, read back and you'll find it.

We're back to trying to outguess the set-up? Ugh. Sure, there's probably a mix of scum and town in there, but they could be coming in any order.

Okay, so this day has been plagued by inactivity, some of it caused by waiting for replacements, some not. What continues to really stand out for me is Tonys one liners and utter failure to even attempt to actually contribute anything to the game, even though he's been directly called on it more than once. Lurking may be rampant, but active lurking is scummy.

Vote: TonyMontana
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:04 am

Post by VanDamien »

To be clear, for day 3, Al - do you know he's lying because you're the other mason?

I'm pretty happy with my vote on TM right now too, but I'd be very disappointed if he gets hammered before someone explicitly counterclaims - so on the off chance he's telling the truth, we know who to lynch tomorrow.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Unvote

Pollux, you surely not trying to insinaute you're a third mason in that group, are you? It worked for Tony because it's more than likely true. I don't care how weak you think it is now in retrospect; quote the post you refer to.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by VanDamien »

@Meta: If you're sure Pollux is the correct lunch for today, why do you need a votecount?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by VanDamien »

I will be away from tomorrow morning until Thursday afternoon. See you all then.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:17 am

Post by VanDamien »

As much as speculation on the influx of the off-world players seemed pointless to me before, BM brings up a good point - they aren't coming sequentially. Question to those coming in, and I'd like eveyone who's come in to answer: did you know what day you'd join us ahead of time?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:26 am

Post by VanDamien »

DeanWinchester wrote:The point is DYH is not some random player i chose to follow. I have played with DYH quite a few times. His silence up to today had me concerned, so I pointedly asked him a question to get him to say something and to see what he was thinking. I then followed his opinion. Granted, as it turned out, it was some trap he had put into motion.
I would like to point out that unless you checked his points, and thus found out they were BS
, his logic seemed solid.

Lesson: don't ever trust DYH.

I really need to follow my own advice.
The question is: why would you be happy to jump on a crapwagon without checking to validity of it? It sounds to me like you are admitting you chose someone you are fairly sure is town (or at least not scum with you) to get him to build a case you could push and wagon.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 am

Post by VanDamien »

Wowo, I have no feel for this game anymore, and no chance for a real reread until this weekend. Will post then.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”