Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3228 (isolation #200) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

A boy can be loud! A boy can be whatever a boy wants to be--he has the capacity to grow. That is what makes him a boy. He is an enigma wrapped in youth, packaged in testosterone.

What crabs speaketh this man of?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3274 (isolation #201) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3259, T-Bone wrote:
Vote Count #1

Mod Note: I don't normally do this in-thread, but as there is confusion over this. The rule states that players level up in a number of ways. One of those ways is surviving to a pre-determined point in the game. This applies to all players,
and notification will be given if and when this occurs
. This does not preclude any other methods of leveling up. If you have further questions please PM me, as a general rule I don't answer them in-thread.

In post 3263, MonkeyMan576 wrote:And no one has been announced as having leveled up in thread right?

I rest my case.

I'm still level 1, for the record.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3278 (isolation #202) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3277, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm down to lynching both of them. Who are we lynching first?

So long as you stay alive, amirite?
Contribute something to the game, man.
Vote Jaqen.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3280 (isolation #203) » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Mark me down as more confident than you.
Vezok, you ever gonna fill us in on why you jumped in on the d3x wagon, enabled the hammer, and let scum take it from town?

Also, c'mon, you guys still all believe in claims--even when they're not mod confirmed?
I swear. Why am I even up at 5 AM playing this game?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3282 (isolation #204) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3281, Fluminator wrote:Just to be clear, most people are town-reading Vezok because they're lazy and there's a mason claim, right?

fixed that for ya.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3284 (isolation #205) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

I thought AD claimed masons with Vezok.
Wasn't that the case?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3285 (isolation #206) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

Where has AD been?
Who is AD even in this game anymore?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3287 (isolation #207) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh.

Why
are
people townreading Vezok?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3291 (isolation #208) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3288, Fluminator wrote:That's what I've been trying to figure out since day 1 now.
Some of the reasons I've gotten have been:
In post 1937, Varsoon wrote:
Vezok was willing the be curt about his role, recognized Titus was being inane but didn't put it against her (only compromised there for need of a wagon), and has organic reads build from observation and interaction.

I honestly don't get where people are scum-reading him. Maybe some Ank OMGUS but that's it?
In post 2127, Varsoon wrote:
Vezok is town as shit and his role is confirm-able.

Yeah, he's been kinda coasting from there since and his input during the last Tactical Phase and this one is significantly less.
Thanks for reminding me why I was townreading him then. I honestly forget about his alchemist claim, too.
I wonder why people are townreading him -now-? His lowered level of dialogue, annoying rallying of lynches without putting much effort in (contrary to early-game play that wasn't quite so), and enabling of the d3x stolen hammer all ping for me. He's shifted a good bit in the thousand posts since those quotes to pretty null for me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3293 (isolation #209) » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I don't understand how Vezok and Ank (and even AD and Serra) are getting passes despite the absurd coasting coming from those slots.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3302 (isolation #210) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3301, Andrius wrote:
The only innocents are bodies.

<3
My body is dandy.
Spoiler:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3304 (isolation #211) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3303, serrapaladin wrote:you're trying to gloss over that by shifting attention to me as an easy mislynch.

What (do you think) makes you an easy mislynch?
(Thanks for the Jaqen vote. I believe we can still make that happen.)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3310 (isolation #212) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

Some things Andy does make me uncomfortable, but I'm fine with him having the hammer, too.
I'm all for Jaqen lynch regardless of the level thing. I've been scum-reading him far before that slip. All it did was honey up the pot so that other people would actually vote there too, since it seemed like no one cared for reading what I had to post anyway.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3323 (isolation #213) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

Your 180 on me felt really sudden, plus I'm not entirely sure of why you're pushing some players (like Serra) over others (like AD), but yeah. I guess it felt like when we hit today, I felt like a speedwagon that everyone was ready to lynch no questions asked and when I started slowing down you played this hand of keeping a lot of options open and looking at a lot of different players. After the conviction you showed on ABR and d3x, that bothered me a bit. I don't think you'd bus two partners so hard, though. You essentially led those lynches.

P-EDIT:
Whenever you gain experience, you level up.
You gain experience when you hammer a player.
You gain experience if you are scum and your team loses a certain number of members.
You gain experience for surviving to a set point in the game (PMs with the mod seem to indicate this in a certain day).

I've been interpreting it as:
You level up for hammering a player.
You level up if you're scum and the scum team gets down to X amount of players.
You level up if you survive to day X.

It seems like a lot of people think you accumulate EXP for doing things or that one of these actions is like worth more EXP than another (like hammering is 100 exp and surviving a day is like 10) but mod PMs and jaqen-slips seem to indicate my way of thinking about it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3326 (isolation #214) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

A cop-clear on d3x, with the claimed vig-shot for one night kill, would've fucking -changed- the game. I was worried that I was getting too far up my own ass with my scumread on d3x and that the slot would flip green and leave me feeling like a douche. That said, lynching was the better option regardless, because an investigate would've needed a cop to be outed anyway and even if d3x flipped green and that vig narrative was true, then we could -still- proceed from there with knowledge.

I think the scum-team (especially if Jaqen flips scum omg) was really hoping to play off the Janitor kill and create some chaos from it, but it kinda blew up in their faces instead. I should probably go back and see who else was trying to tease out discussion of the orange flip. Hm.

It's all good, Andy.
I have faith.
I mean, I've lost games for having faith before,
but fuck it.
I choose to believe.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3328 (isolation #215) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

Pick your poison.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
wish i had this whole speech as a gif

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3331 (isolation #216) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3330, Andrius wrote:Hawkeye tries way too hard.

I hear this'll only be more of the case in the upcoming Age of Ultron flick.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3333 (isolation #217) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3259, T-Bone wrote:
Mod Note:
I don't normally do this in-thread,
but as there is confusion over this. The rule states that players level up in a number of ways. One of those ways is surviving to a pre-determined point in the game. This applies to all players, and notification will be given if and when this occurs. This does not preclude any other methods of leveling up.
If you have further questions please PM me, as a general rule I don't answer them in-thread

C'mon, Jaqen.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3335 (isolation #218) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Anyone can PM the mod and ask about it.
You're scum independent of this whole level-slip thing.
I know you'd rather make it all about this, because it's something that's semantics and it's easy to hide around
but c'mon.
Take your rope.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3340 (isolation #219) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

Alternatively, we literally all could PM the mod the same question or set of questions, asking
"Is the predetermined point of survival the same for all players?"
"Where will it be announced when a player gains a level from this--in the thread or via PM?"

So on and so forth.
It is literally that easy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3363 (isolation #220) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3352, Fluminator wrote: Is the main case against him he leveled up?

That's the case anyone cares about.
They'd rather put their stock in CLAIMS and MECHANICS than, y'know, the fucking 1000+ word case I've built against the slot.
Spoiler:
PeregrineV had a pretty low-content opening, but was willing to discuss feats and abilities just like I was. Looking back, maybe I was too critical of the hop onto the Ankamius wagon? Regardless, the slot’s low content made sense with the replace-out. If PeregrineV were scum, I could easily see him continuing the fly under the radar. All in all, posts like 397 were actually pretty worthwhile and helped drive the game forward, and what I saw as a ton of excuses to continue lurking ended up actually being somewhat legit if the replace-out is to be read straight-faced. PeregrineV’s vote ended up on Ankamius at the end of the day, rather than on the mislynch on Titus—I had figured that Peregrine was married to an early defense of Titus and avoided the wagon for those reasons, but surely the slot could’ve justified going back to the Titus lynch when it was growing, if scum? Regardless, in review, Peregrine’s play actually leans a little town for me.
Coming to Jaqen, I was leaning scum on the slot as it came in and the posting gimmick/lack of an avatar are subtle things that kept me from wanting to continue to read. 1504 starts with an assault on Here There Be Dragons (who has no alignment confirm, but if this was scum-jaqen seeking a lynch there, why make it a janitor kill?). I think that a lot of what’s going on with this slot was tied up in the tunneling and back and forth with Here There Be Dragons, and so the kill being one of the two puzzles me given the lack of a Jaqen push today. Jaqen’s push on Dragons is coming from a town-motivated place (weak vote on Titus, not taking hammer initiative but looking for townpoints by deferring it, not leading wagons, admitting to not reading yet sheeping out wagons like Titus) as far as I can discern—there doesn’t really seem to be any scumpainting going on until the two get entrenched with each other. All in all, I came out of their back and forth seeing it as town v town and the kill on Dragons definitely reaffirms the half of it, if not entirely. I don’t see Jaqen-scum pushing –that- hard for a mislynch as early as D2. Does anyone have meta that says otherwise? It feels way too all-in, especially given the later kill on the slot.

His willingness to call Vezok mod-confirmed town, yet skepticism over Muffin’s claim/play/hop at the hammer reads as more town than not. This translates weird across the board, as it seems as though he’s generally town-reading Andy and down the line is later voting Vezok. Was Andy’s entrance and d3x’s points against Vezok enough to change those ideas?
Jaqen’s hop on the Albert B Rampage wagon is pretty quick, since there’s a good heap of nothing between the two slots until Andy makes the case for ABR-scum and Jaqen joins on. Jaqen could’ve grabbed hammer here, but avoiding it avoids attention, and Jaqen does talk about not just letting anyone hammer. I could see this as taking a chance to bus out ABR, but why bus out when he’s been silently sitting on a townread there?

Had early townreads on Tammy, BBM, and Nero as of 1504. Seems to have held onto those reads since and typically has good consort with them aside from the BBM read, which when called out on, says it was based on a ffery read, although Andy has him later change his mind. It’s strange that there is such conviction to the Vezok and HTBDs scumreads as well as the Nero and Tammy town-reads, but this comes as an early read that gets later waffled on and flipping scum.

Overall, I was pretty sold on this slot being scum before the PeregrineV replace-out. I think that the kill on Dragons was likely meant to cast suspicion onto this slot, especially after the soft-defense-into-vote on ABR. Otherwise, is ballsy scum, willing to put a kill on the person he walled all day and bus team-mates despite easily being able to avoid it.

Soooo
Waffling on his reads especially when it comes to Vezok who at one minute he was calling mod confirmed town and the next he's making a scumcase for, awkward townread on the ABR slot into joining it after almost no interaction between the two, not very much interaction with d3x either and yet he's plopped a nonsense after-lynch vote there in maybe hopes of stealing out a hammer due to vote shenanigans? Also there's general inconsistency and dodginess coupled with his walling against Dragons followed by the really awkward counterspell claim and bad tinfoil onto a Narn case. Peregrine (who he replaced) had really bad bad bad input before the replace out too but I've got that covered earlier in my casework. Started D4 with even more LIES with his claim (remember that he lied about counterspelling the kill to Dragons) in order to push a quick-lynch onto me. At this point, he's clearly moving the discussion to one about leveling up and stuff the mod has confirmed won't talk about. When we all level at the same time, it'll be really damn clear that Jaqen's been lying through his teeth, so I'm fine if we have to waste time mislynching other fools as time will expose this cretin anyway, but you'll be damned if I'm putting my vote anywhere else. The way he walled up against Dragons and furthermore, how he walled against me, is evidence of someone who's defensive and willing to make a lot of noise to confuse town. Dude's scum. Vote for it. Or don't, realize when we all level up and the notification goes out, in-thread, for all of us, that you were wrong. Regardless, he eats rope.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3365 (isolation #221) » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I was considering it and trying not to go all-in with 'Oh must be scum.'
You have to consider the town-agenda and scum-agenda of every play and player. Does it make sense as scum? Does it make sense as town? Often times, the lines are blurred. Good town will be transparent. Good scum will be able to hide in the blurring.

Like I said, I'm not going to jump down people's throats for voting or looking elsewhere. Jaqen's lies will be made clear in due time.
Even with Jaqen down, there's still a very good chance at least one more scum is out there.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3404 (isolation #222) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Man, Andy, everything I do is wrong to you.
I thought you wanted me to put effort into the game.
Then when I do you take every chance to call my effort out.
I feel betrayed.
Gonna give up for awhile now.

I'm Cavalier.
At level 1, I get a feat.
At level 2, I can function as a gladiator (not sure if this is one shot, in retrospect, but I think it is)
At level 3, I get one shot of consecutive ascetic powers.

I'm pretty sure I'm intended to use my level 2 on a player, get the hammer, then level 3 to protect myself if it goes tits-up or if scum gets scared and tries to kill me for choosing correctly.
It's really cool but I'll never level into it so GG.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3408 (isolation #223) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3406, ActionDan wrote:
In post 3404, Varsoon wrote:At level 3, I get one shot of consecutive ascetic powers.

I'm pretty sure I'm intended to use my level 2 on a player, get the hammer, then level 3 to protect myself if it goes tits-up or if scum gets scared and tries to kill me for choosing correctly.

makes no sense.

read "ascetic" again.

Lol acetic.
><

For a consecutive two phases (day/night or night/day), I can not be targeted by abilities.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3409 (isolation #224) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Narn, the fucking OP says that our abilities and classes are independent of alignment.
So stop that shit.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3410 (isolation #225) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

Our class PM and our role PM are fucking separate and you should know that.
This is why I never believed in the miller or masons claims.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3412 (isolation #226) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, even killing abilities can't him me.
I guess I thought acetic makes me untargetable.
my level 3 makes it to where I can't be affected by any ability that targets players.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3535 (isolation #227) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

You guys are dense.
Serra's probably an investigative role of some sort.
Andy's third party. You need to kill him, lynch him, get rid of him. This should be very obvious.
Jaqen's scum, but I suppose you're all too damn dense to ever realize that regardless of what I write.
The literal only reason to lynch me was because of a lie that jerk told.
When I showed you ALL how it was a lie, you still fucking lynched me.
Why?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3536 (isolation #228) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

It really frustrates me when town does shit like this.
It's like, "Oh, I'm playing with people who could care less about this game, who don't read, and who will only ever win if for their stubborn qualities."
Fuck that so much.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3539 (isolation #229) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

The worst thing is that you'll flatter yourselves and act like you've all done nothing wrong.
And that's the thing I hate the most.
There's never any reflection, never any moment for thought, never a time to admit you're phoning it in or that you could've been playing better.
I hate when I come to a game and I put my all in it and town half-asses their way throughout.
I want to change that.
On the honest, no shitting you guys, I am scum. Fuck it.
I didn't have the best play, to be real.
But you know what?
It pisses me off even more when I get lynched as scum because town is stubborn and pathetic.
Like when nothing I type matters, because town won't read it, because town doesn't fucking care about playing the game, and would rather just lynch something and be done with it.
The cosmos aligns that I'm that something, and if I was town, I'd still be pissed, but as scum, it really bothers me.
So, I guess, march on, to the tune of your own stubborn idiocy, because I guess that makes you less impressionable, but don't any of you claim agency.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3540 (isolation #230) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Like, I love you guys. I love playing the game. You're all really funny and cool and interesting. I like what people bring to the table.
I just hate when I put a lot of effort into a game and still get lynched as either side, especially when the driving force of that lynch is sheeping, apathy, etc.
It's like we're all showing up to play a game and I'm way more invested and it lets me down when other people aren't so much, especially when it's exactly that which leads to me losing, dying, or them winning.
I wish effort was rewarded, but it isn't, and that sucks.
:/
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3542 (isolation #231) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Varsoon »

That's really at the heart of why I don't like larger games.
There's less intimacy. People get more of a pass for not being around, for just sheeping out, for doing a lot of nothing.

Flum, that's exactly what I mean.
It's whatever, whenever, see you guys on the flip side.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4467 (isolation #232) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I was really surprised that town went after me after the absolute scum-slip Jaqen had about his level.
I was trying a hard bussing strategy and it didn't really pay off since I got lynched. :/
I shouldn't have hesitated on the D3x wagon and I should've been actually around for the BBM/ABR wagons so that the bussing would've been more strident. I faltered and that cost us a bunch.

I also think we played the setup poorly. We should've just used our strongman kills on the people who got the hammer for the first few days. Letting people hit level 3 was a mistake--especially people we couldn't control.

All in all, I feel like this could've gone both ways, but I feel like I fumbled a bit and town strong-armed the scumteam hard out the gate so, yeah.

I really like the setup idea and the early flavor. Cool stuff, I'd like to see what you do with the sequel, T-Bone.

I feel exasperated! Exhausted. Maybe it's just the whole end-of-the-semester woes, haha.
You guys were great. Andy brought a lot of energy to this game, and while I'm resentful that he totally clobbered my ass, I really appreciate his enthusiasm and good nature.
I hope we can all have fun games in the future~

Oh man, you guys who were belligerent about lynching me (Nero!) really annoyed me! I don't know how to cope with that as scum. Guess I gotta be cool as a cucumber?
I just hate getting pegged! ><
Regardless, you guys were great. Sorry if the tension of the game ever had me being a butt!

I dunno, I'm rambling now.

I love you guys.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4468 (isolation #233) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Thanks for making this possible,
both to the moderation and to everyone who played.

:)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4489 (isolation #234) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Jaqen, you didn't let me down! If anything, playing the last few days with you and watching you get another mislynch after I went down was a load of fun!
If deadthread is posted, you'll see my glee there. <3

I enjoyed our scum theatre thoroughly.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4491 (isolation #235) » Fri May 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”