Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by VysePresident »

/Confirm

Heya, Drixx & Lucian! :)

Could I get you guys to tell me a bit about yourselves? Have you played forum mafia much, etcetra?

@Om - U R Old N Boring. Imma egnor U 4Evar. (You don't know how much it hurt to type like that.) (P-Edit - Okay, she's smart, and not boring. C'mon and play with us, Wguerts. :) )
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 44, mastin2 wrote:
In post 21, Soren wrote:This is not looking good for ozgin
On the contrary, I'd break out a chainsaw for those attacking Ozgin.

VOTE: Ogzin :P
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:39 am

Post by VysePresident »

Okay, quick thoughts, then I'm heading for bed.

@BRantz - What's the scum motivaton in Ice's post? Why did that merit a vote? Walk me through your line of thought here, please.

@Drixx - Thoughts on the game? Points of interest? Anything specific bugging you about Molla's claim, and/or the people accepting it?

@Bro - Hey, where are you?

@Copper - Can I get some elaboration on why you think Mastin is scum this game? Or is this a policy/pressure vote?

---

My first impressions are that Om, Wguerts, & Molla are decent, Tripod is indecent, I'm meh on Drixx, while BRantz & Copper are bothering me. has to do with me not liking how he reached his scumreads. I'm leery of the stuff that involves 'this can be scum motivated, ergo it probably is.' Not a lot curiousity. Having trouble explaining this one. I'll try again tomorrow, if needs be.

Quick overview - Om's take feels similar to my early thoughts. Want to see how this develops, but I'm liking her so far. Wguerts is just gut based von the last game, so far. Drixx is TBD. I'd like to see BRantz committing more. (I'm not even going to pretend I've done more than skim Tripod. I'm going to need a lot of brain bleach. :( )

I'm cool with Molla at the moment. I like his posts. Short version is that just I'm going to be lazy and say I pretty much agree with Om's . I kinda feel skipping the night early is good regardless of his alignment, anyway.

These reads are all worth the paper they're written on. (Hey, is it true that handwritten notes make you confirmed Town?)

Nothing else worth noting right now. Thoughts on Lucien/Vonflare/Tripod/Whatever to come {Eventually}.

Catch you all tomorrow.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:42 am

Post by VysePresident »

VyseTheIdiot wrote:I'm cool with Molla at the moment. I like his posts. Short version is that just I'm going to be lazy and say I pretty much agree with Om's **2290**. I kinda feel skipping the night early is good regardless of his alignment, anyway.

For those puny mortals who lack the ability to see into the future, I'll refer you to Om's , because she basically repeats herself in about two-thousand and fifty-two posts anyway.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 am

Post by VysePresident »

Actually, I lied. One more thing.

In post 111, LucianRoy wrote:

I play mafia. Drixx plays mafia. He she it, plays mafia. I've played a bunch of games, but in many different styles, and certainly not in the same fashion.

Is this you being nice to me, or indirect buddying? Right now, I think it's genuine.

This is me finding you two mildly interesting, and trying get a feel for your thought process.

Why do I seem genuine to you? Can you tell me why you're Townreading Copper? Your read on Om? Anything else going on that you're particularly interested in, here? Mostly, I just want an overview of the 'whys' behind your 'whats'. That's how I play mafia, you see. I'm a 'whys' guy.:P

Shutting up now.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:50 am

Post by VysePresident »

Posting that I'll be posting tonight to pressure myself into posting tonight instead of falling asleep again.

Short thoughts to keep this from being completely useless are that I don't like the Drixx wagon, glad to see that dying. I like Orange for Town a lot more now, Molla for Town still, ChiVi leans slightly Town for the reason Kuribo stopped Townreading them. (Don't think they'd want to admit that as scum.) Om is meh-Town. BRantz is scummy, need to look back at Copper to see if he's still scummy. Actual thoughts & reasoning coming tonight.

-Not a neighbor.

-As a side note, I think Drixx is pretty darn cool.

Actual thoughts & stuff coming tonight.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Post by VysePresident »

So...let's play Good News, Bad News.

Good news is that, due to a mix-up in my schedule tomorrow, I basically have most of the late afternoon/early-evening for fun stuff like Mafia, when I thought I was going to be spending it on fun stuff like a Taekwondo tournament.

The bad news is, that's because it's happening a lot earlier than I realized. (6 A.M. a.k.a. four hours from now. I expected the patterns stuff to be early, and sparring to be later. Turns out to be the other way around.)

So yeah. Post not coming tonight after all. Catch you all tomorrow. Sorry. :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Turns out I'm pretty much dead to the world & don't feel like turning my mess of thoughts into words again. Catch you guys tomorrow for real. (I promise I'm not flaking again, Dram.)

#Sorry#Dealwithit
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1053, ChriVi wrote:If someone is busy to the point where they can't play, they should replace out.

Agreed, but there's a difference between being unable to play for a few days, and being unable to play period. I tend digest stuff slowly, and this is a large & unfamiliar group. The RL stuff screwed with my ability to actually engage & digest much of anything for a little while. It probably would have been better to declare V/LA, but I screwed up.

My apologies, and I'm willing to politely suggest what to do with any scumreads for that particular bit. :P

So, reads & stuff to come in the next few hours, in between chores. If not, I'll replace out.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:22 am

Post by VysePresident »

Y'know, screw Google Chrome.

Anyway, let's try this
again
. Third time's the charm. The plan is to post my notes & general overview of my reads & thoughts, and after that I'll start diving into my points of interest.

---

First off, at a glance (Key* (+) means a more positive read, while (-) means less so. (?) means a weak or iffy read in general.)

Town - Ice(+++), BBMolla(+), Orange, Om(-), Trouser(---)

Null - Pika, Lucian(+), Vonflare(+), Drixx(+), Soren, Reubus, Bookskies(+?), ChiVi(+-), ActionDan(+?), Ogzin, Death, Bulbasar(+)
Dead - Narnian, Dani, Jackle, Peregrine,

Scummy - BRantz, Copper(?), Cerberus(-), Toon(-?)

---

Brief Overview of Reasons: Commence!

Townreads

Ice - Town, with a capital "T" that rhymes with "P" that rhymes with "T" that stands for Town. Not really looking at the claim (which is decent), so much as his play. I like his take on the game - it feels genuine, and I'm agreeing with him on a number of points, RE: Toon & Flare, & bit of frustration at the gamestate as a whole.

BBMolla - Likewise okay with the claim, but looking more at the play. Mostly good with Molla's interactions & pushes. There's jumps I'm kinda meh on, like in & but by and large he's good for now.

Orange - Leans Town because I think I have a relatively decent grasp on Wguerts thought process after Elemental Mafia. His interactions feel about like I'd expect them to, outside minor off-notes in the early game. Bro's good too, so far, but I'm not quite as confident as to how well I can read him, given it's been more than a year since we played together.

I kinda like the way Om is sorting through the game, from a reads perspective, even if a lot of the pushes are kinda shallow. Basically, I think their thought process is easy enough to follow that I'm letting the latter point go.

Trouser - Claimed Masons, but I'm really kinda meh on their play as a whole. Not inclined to push them right now, but I kinda want to put them in Null- for sheepy/shallow stuff I don't like. Can I get somebody familiar with these players to tell me if they're inclined to gambit much? Is it typically alignment indicative?

Nulls & Meh Reads of all flavors!

Going to focus on the main wagons, and skim through the rest to my scumreads.

Lucian - (Effectively leaning Town at this point, but keeping him here because there's stuff I want to touch on in general.) - Pinged me early on for having an odd tone, hence my interest in trying to get a feel for him. There's some off-notes, but at this point, I'm seeing a lot of stuff getting projected on to him over his actual play. Honestly, this is something I'm noticing in almost all the main wagons, and I don't really want to touch them at this point for that reason.

I also skimmed his ISO in another game of his, and I'm noticing a similar tone to this game. Not really finding him more interesting than my actual scumreads. {Future Vyse - Yes, I
know
where the momentum is heading now, and that I'm in a convenient spot etc. It wasn't the case when I was pulling these notes together. Take that as you will.}

Vonflare - Borderline to a Town read. Stuff like & makes me suspect a trollish player over VI or Scum. It feels very self-aware in some respects, in that I think he's deliberately jumping into conflict, but not so much in terms of positioning. I don't really see him adjusting as he gets scumread - it's staying relatively subtle, and I don't like the projecting or almost unanimous read on him. There's not much in the way of apparent Town motivation, but I don't see the scum motivation either.

The TL;DR is that I think the case on Von is crappy, and at worst, he's a policy vig shot. Not wasting a lynch on him today.

Drixx - Pinged me a little early on for focusing more on explaining his play than playing it. This kinda got shoved to the side when he got pushed, for similar reasons to what's turning me off of the above two. In terms of reads, I'm okay-ish with his frustration at the wagon, but I'd like to see something more concrete.

At this point, he's more of a true Null than the other two, in that I want to gauge him a bit more, but honestly, I don't want to touch any of these wagons today.

Spoiler: Skim reads: Now with 100% less fat!
Soren's in a similar boat to the above, but I'm really fond of the fluff in his posts either. I'm also noting his wagon never took off. I'd kinda like to see more engagement from him. #HypocritesFTW.

ChiVi's mildly Town for Neighbor claim. Not much else of interest, though. {FUTURE VYSE: Don't like the tone they have in put them down a notch.}

Pika gets some minor points for trying to calm down the game, earlier, but nothing really wow.

Ogzin - Don't like his pushes & stuff, but he's not actually pinging me on a gut level. Looking forward to him getting back in the game. (OOC: For what it's worth, here's wishing you the best. I had two cats & a dog when I was kid and that kind of stuff just sucks so much. :/)

Death - I kinda want to scumread him, but I haven't really been paying attention to him up till now, and I need time to digest my thoughts on him. I'm going to be blatantly lazy and put this one off for a bit, because this post is already taking forever.

Bulbasar feels good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing them post more.

Reubus is borderline to being dead. I'm looking forward to seeing him post more (Deja vu!), but I can definitely understand RL stuff getting in the way.

ActionDan is quiet, I'm looking forward to seeing him post more etc, but I'm liking what he does have.

Boonskies is okay, but I'm not getting much of a serious read on him.

Scumreads

BRantz is mainly based on his jump on Ice. I'm not entirely surprised that he'd jump on something that might be considered 'bad play' but I don't like that it was his first, and currently almost only serious engagement, bar a reads list that

Cerberus - Cerberus v666 -
Null
-Scum. A few posts with a lot of fluff that sounds mildly useful/relevent, but doesn't go anywhere.
Watchlist.

{After looking at his ISO in context, I'm bumping this up to Scum. Same thing, but I'm feeling a lot more strongly as to his posting being pretty selective at this point. I also dislike how little attention he's getting, given that he falls well into the catagory of 'information void' people are supposedly looking so hard at.}

Toon Fighter - Really don't like & . Feels like fake thoughtfulness leading up to his vote. {Bumping this up, because I'm nodding along through Ice's .} At risk of OMUS, I kinda dislike .

Copper - This is probably going to wind up needing it's own post, because my thoughts are mess, but I'll try to give a quick overview right off the top of my head.

The immediate TL;DR is that it's mostly a matter of tone, positioning, and what I feel to be an opportunistic streak behind his pushes. On a gut level, it's pinging me because I feel like he's not that dissimilar to me, in terms of how we think, but there's a stiffness behind it, for lack of a better word. (Albeit, we seem to have fairly different temperaments & personalities outside that.) It's stuff like the Bulbasar push, and the 'case' on me & lurkers in general. There's stuff I like, but it's consistently He seems more focused on bad play than scummy play, and that pings me hard.

The problem is that there's hints that I'm missing stuff here. is one of those, right off the top of my head. It's not so much that I like his reads (The BRantz one is pinging me slightly & a lot of them are meh for me. :/) but there's a flow to it that has me second-guessing myself. Same for his Pika read.

So yeah. This is basically the unsorted, off-the top of the head version. I'll dive into it in a bit, but there's some stuff I want to get into first. (That, and I've got a lot of sorting to do, and I kinda want to take a break.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:54 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1069, vonflare wrote:/slowclap

VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:42 am

Post by VysePresident »

P-Edit -
ChiVi wrote:Two things, Vyse:
That's mine and my uncle's fave game.

and I hate your tone in every one of your posts so deal with it
How does that make me scummy exactly?

1) YOU KNOW THE GAME!!!1!ELEVEN!!! You're the coolest ever. :D

2) Screw you :P

Jokes aside, there's an aggression to that post that bugs me. Why was Lucian so freaking scummy? It's the intensity that's bugging me here.

(In other news, I'm curious if I've played with an alt of yours before? I'm flattered to be on your list in , but it's kinda awkward since I don't actually know you. :/ )

---

(@Cerberus)...and your thoughts? Reads? Please?

Invitation goes to Von & Narnian too.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Just a quick question to those familiar with Copper - Does he tend to have a bit of an ego, and/or tunnel-vision?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by VysePresident »

The question's open to you too, Copper.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1135, copper223 wrote:In fact given how scummy some opinion blocks are being I will try and give teams on D1, something I would normally consider a bit of a pipe dream but I think here there is some merit to it. I am liking a lot faction of:

- ActionDan / Drixx / x

and the other as

- Bulbasaur / Vyse / x

(P-Edit - Noted.)

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if your play is just weak/cocky Town.

It's not just me. Every single read up there is based on a projection, and there's no substance behind the rhetoric. I was scumreading you for that before, but you're being way too obvious now. At least, I'd expected you to shift away from me now that your reasoning is pretty dead at the moment.

I do hate that you're apparently thinking in terms of 'statements' as opposed to 'questions' - I've never had a lynch I was that confident on, and that's pinging me so hard.

Hey, any chance you'll still be on in a couple hours? I kinda want to chat with you a little, but I'm not able to stay just now.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:04 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1152, copper223 wrote:@Vyse
I am making statements because you seemed to be avoiding a nice chat, I will likely check back as it is night here and I don't sleep much.

Your initial scumread of me was a mess so it still being a mess is a bad sign, not sure why I should townread you for it?

You did not do a particularly good job of replying to my case on you, I've seen only Wgeurts come out and say you are town and that was not based on what you said but on disagreeing on my case in the first place, oh and PeregrineV who most likely saw a list and went that is likely town or something to call someone town for, not the most valuable opinion either way to be candid, everyone else still has you as null at best from what I gather and others besides me are still voting you so I don't think the way your are presenting it is very objective, speaking of egos.

Sorry about this. I literally fell asleep on the middle of the floor last night. I have 20 minutes until I head to work, but I'll try and respond to a few of the easier things.

-I don't care about you Townreading me for having a messy a read on you. (I'd be just as surprised at a Townread as this Scumread.) I do care about actually getting a read on you.

-I'm not 'avoiding' a chat. I haven't been available. This is not something I do deliberately as either alignment, and can link you if you want. I'll drop a couple things in a minute, and I'll try to catch up with you on that tonight.

-I personally think your case on me is crappy. I'll hit that up in a minute, but I've been prioritizing my reads.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 808, copper223 wrote:@Mollie
I guess you have a point there regarding the first part, the connection with Kuribo's behavior though is complete BS.

In post 247, copper223 wrote:@VP
I am waiting to see what the Bulbasaur commonwealth comes up with before commenting. How do go about finding scum usually?

Theory post incoming!

One of the main things I watch for is narratives. Playing scum is kinda like telling a story, and I note scum tend to have a fair bit of influence over the game. This can be screwed up a little by good/loud players, and it's part of the reason I'm skeptical of my read on you, because you're definitely in the latter, and I gather you're not bad either. (This is not my full thoughts on you, if there's any doubt. That's not coming before tonight at the earliest.)

I also like to look for signs of deliberate positioning. This tends to be more subtle than not, because scum tends to be self-aware enough to disguise them.

I really like to get to know players, their personalities, and how they think. I tend to be more of an observer early on, and then dive into the game when I have a strong read. (Bro should be able to confirm, and BRantz might be able to. I've gotten better since then, and can manage a micro/normal relatively early on, but this is a whole different ball game.)

I also like looking at wagons over the initial reads, because I don't actually learn too much about the people getting scumread. It's the people voting/waffling/disagreeing, etc who're telling me the most about themselves.

That's a quick overview of me. So, tell about yourself.

I'd appreciate getting I was a bit skeptical of this Bulbasaur read early on, because while I could agree they needed more activity, and was cool with pressure votes, I disliked the way it turned into a solid scumread after continued absence. It felt like you'd found a comfortable spot, and stuck with it.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:26 am

Post by VysePresident »

Copper wrote:VysePresident: when a player repeatedely apologizes for not posting in the way you are doing it he is more likely scum than not and knows he should post something but really doesn't want to draw attention to himself, the more he waits and the harder it is to get back in, does that remind you of someone deathfisaro? Add that you made my Bulbasaur post prediction come through early with your: I don't like the Drixx wagon and Drixx is a cool dude (I agree!) after his wagon died down, the purpose of which is to make you sounds good and compound it with your confused and yet unexplained scumread of me and your initial reactions to the claims which were all about questioning the players questioning them, which makes me think you know more than the average joe about their alignment and like to question townies that are either genuinely mistaken or gunning your teammates, I think you are scum.

(running out of time to find quotes.)You then go on to hit me for an underexplained read on you after I post my reads. (Have you ever played with Wisdom, by the way? Because I want to see that so much right now.) I think there was something else, too, but I'm calling it quits for now.

Walk me through this read, because this is what I'm getting from it - Vyse: Hey, I'm going to a tounament, sorry about not posting. Copper: Scumlurk + Trying to make yourself look good! (This ain't my rodeo. I know what basic scumtells look like. I'm just not too worried about doing this stuff, because my thought process tends to be pretty transparent and easy to follow when I actually get the chance to go in depth.)
ad yes, scummy, no.)

I'm not illustrating it well, due to rushing, but your thought process feels like you don't like my play, and you're continuously shifting to keep a read on me. Hence why I think you're tunneling.

I actually do feel like crap when I can't post, and particularly so in this case, because I already flaked out of one of Dram's games. I'm a mild-mannered, very self-aware poster, who takes things so, and yeah, I'm pretty proud of that because I tend to get things right.

So that's the story of me. More later.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:41 am

Post by VysePresident »

Seriously guys? :-/

Honestly, I've been pretty darn overwhelmed this game, and it's extremely frustrating to be getting scumread for not being active as I'd like. I don't even particularly care about the 'case' on me. (Okay, that's a lie. You guys owe me actual reasons for scumreading me.)

@Lucian - You really should be shooting BRantz. BRantz is scummy, Jackel's just dead. Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer to lynch him, but I'm not sure if I have the time & ability to shift this wagon. (Largely the former, but I'm not used to being pressured for my natural playstyle, and this is confusing for me.)

I know BRantz. I can believe a bad call from him like what happened with the Neighbor deal, but the lack of actual content from him is terrible. He can be mislynch bait, sure, but he's pretty darn involved as a Townie. Believe me, I've tried to mislynch him before & I've seen both his Town & Scum games, and I don't think this is Town BRantz. More on this when I get home from work.

I honestly don't think a single wagon of the day has been on scum, now that Toon is cleared. The only one even remotely iffy is Drixx, and I'm not seriously interested in that today.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1523, Oranje Crush wrote:Copper, then I suggest we don't shoot. Stall till tommorow (if he's vengeful we won't loose anything as he'll shoot anyway) and then with any information we get we can choose a better target. Mass-claiming day 2 may not be bad as well, as this is two separate setups they will not have checked for cross balance.
We could potentially break the setup, anyone disagree?

I'm getting cold feet with a vig shot, I don't want a last second frenzy.

I'll gladly go with this if you'll lynch BRantz. If not, I'd at least like something useful to happen today. I'm already set to lose my perfect Innocent record, so give me this much, at least.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:44 am

Post by VysePresident »

Actually, I'd still prefer to lynch Copper, and shoot BRantz, honestly.

Catch you guys tonight.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:45 am

Post by VysePresident »

I have literally ten minutes before I head to work. :/

I'll try, but I suck when I rush.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:07 am

Post by VysePresident »

P-Edit - @Titus - I'd love to take that Townread, but this is the most pathetic Towngame I've had in ages. Elemental Mafia was better, and I let every frickin' scumread slip by until endgame.

Okay, game-specific stuff on BRantz. I'm going to run through his ISO & try to keep quotes to a minimum.

-His first three posts are just jokes - I don't mind joking around, but there was stuff to be talking about at that point, and my take on BRantz is not that of an overly cautious player. I expect him to be engaging with the various wagons & such.

-Instead, he waits until Ice/Marquis claims to be able to Investigate Neighbors & ask for Neighbors to claims as such to jump on something. He then refers to that as "obviously scummy". This is something I could see him doing as Town. He derps a bit like that. I cannot see him waiting for such as Town, and then engaging there & only there.

-There's nothing of actual interest in his posts until a crappy readslist in . (& if Von is scum this game I'll eat my hat. He's been the easy vote all game long.) That pings me so darn hard.

Copper is going to take me forever to explain, so that has to wait for tonight. (Hey, I've only failed at this promise, what, six times? More?) I'm not even going to pretend I'm not waffling like heck, but he's the one consistent voice I look back at and the game stops making sense if he's Town. I'm placing my bets here, but I'll compromise on BRantz.

Thing is, I'm more certain on BRantz, but he's the easy lynch, and I'm pretty sure he's going to die sooner or later anyway. (then again...) Copper's the one I'm going to have to work for, and the one I most want to happen. Honestly, I expect to compromise today, or get screwed myself because of the backlash I'm getting for this read, but I darn well intend to put up my thoughts. At the very least, I want him dead after me.

Running now.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by VysePresident »

@Pika - I'll bet on OmScum before MarquisScum, for what my opinion's worth. I'll bet on BRantz before them both.

Chat with me about BRantz, please. Why is he supposed to be mislynch bait?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by VysePresident »

P-Edit - @Marquis - I'd appreciate you pinging me with your thoughts on BRantz, while you're looking stuff over. (P-Edit 2 - Made another post talking to the pirates, in hopes of catching them while they seem to be online.)

Convenient BRantz ISO link for general reference.

In post 1568, BRantz wrote:
In post 1545, VysePresident wrote:-His first three posts are just jokes - I don't mind joking around, but there was stuff to be talking about at that point, and my take on BRantz is not that of an overly cautious player. I expect him to be engaging with the various wagons & such.

Stuff such as what, molla's miller claim? It was the second page of the actual day. Also how does me joking around follow to being overly cautious? Will get to your point about wagons with point 2 in more detail, but that is just crap reasoning and you know it.

That's partly a communication mistake on my part. I meant that your first
three
five posts are just joking around, and then you kind of hang back while Om's chatting about Drixx & Lucian. It's the second part that bugs me. I kinda expected at least one of those to catch your attention, particularly Lucian's reluctance to vote.

This alone is not a scumread. It's a mild off-note that had me looking at you early on.

When you start engaging with the game, it's to jump on Ice for 'outing information'. You then declare it obviously scummy (which really reminds me of a mutual acquaintance) for 'outing information', (not exactly the same, but similar to FuDuzn.) and then back off when people start hitting back at you for it, saying that you got the information you were looking for.

So, what exactly was that information?

What I'm seeing feels more like an overreaction to Marquis/Ice's request, and you're backing down when pressured. That's a red flag on its own, but the real point of interest for me is that I don't see Overzealous Mode BRantz again. You fight back a bit, but you back down as soon as you get the chance, and I don't see much of interest from you after that point. There's some comments that don't really tell me much about what your thinking, some setup spec related thoughts & questions that don't really go anywhere.

The first thing of actual interest is this -

BRantz wrote:This is not the Drixx I would rxpect, especially given his reaction in a recent game when another player did exactly this. Will wait to see if we get reads from him before deciding anything else there.

The last few pages have been... Interesting... to say the least.

Kinda meh on this one.

Was there anything of interest to you besides Kuribo's meltdown?

In post 782, BRantz wrote:
In post 729, VysePresident wrote:Posting that I'll be posting tonight to pressure myself into posting tonight instead of falling asleep again.

I am anxiously awaiting this post from you Vyse. Hopefully it will let me know whether you are scum calling me scum or town calling me scum and either way we should be able to move forward.

UNVOTE:

Trouser is probably town (at least I am inclined to put Kuribo's meltdown in that category).
Molla is probably town.
Vonflare is something...
Om might be town.
Don't know what to think of pika yet.
Oranje is probably town.
Boon is leaning town.
Fairly null on ActionDan.
Lucian seems to be trying hard to sit on the sidelines, might be scum (for an example of this see ).
I was probably wrong about ice, he is probably town.
My read on Copper keeps waffling, but I tend to lean town on him because we have similar thought processes about things (may be bias).
Drixx's most recent posts are the drixx I expected when a case showed up, not the yell at everyone about how bad the case is and how they should feel bad, so null for now but looking more townish.
Death is probably town.
Everyone else is still null

@pika (mollie specifically): Are you posting almost all of the hydra posts so far?

@Dan: Why do you keep avoiding engaging in conversation with me? It is all well and good for you to sit there and throw accusations at me, but at some point you are going to have to talk to me about them.

VOTE: Vonflare

Walk me through these reads, please. What's causing (or caused) you to waffle on Copper?

What do you mean by calling Vonflare 'something', and then voting him?

Why's Death Town?

Looking forward to your read on me.

This is a pretty bland list that basically just sheeps popular opinion. :/

I mean, yeah, you're right. I'm definitely in a position to understand having trouble diving into the game in the way I'd like. (I may be sticking with smaller games for a while, after this, at least until I have a better handle on my play, and the site in general. 40 pages Day #1 is not a small thing to sort through.)

I still don't like what I'm seeing. I'm not really getting a sense of you sorting through the game or otherwise actively scumhunting. Bad scum hunting, okay. Limited scumhunting, okay. (Heck, I handle larges in bite-sized chunks myself, typically.) I don't think you're a terrible player, but I can see you messing up. That's not what this feels like. It's less scumhunting, and more Scum hunting. :P

BRantz wrote:@Commonwealth:
In post 1388, Bulbasaur Commonwealth wrote:
In post 1040, BRantz wrote:In general I am finding most of the interactions I am seeing people have as town so far,

So what interactions that you've seen do you like? What about the ones you dislike? (either before this post or after it)

By the end of it I really liked the way Marquis/ice's argument with me went. As ridiculous as the whole situation leading up to Kuribo exploding was the interaction led to town feelings, so it was good. I have gotten a lot out of Drixx being wagoned. I think it is important that ActionDan is unwilling to interact with me, and that Lucian is unwilling to take a stand on anything. Deathfisaro vs Om argument felt very town vs town to me. Are there interactions you are particularly interested in? There have been a lot of interesting ones this game so far.

Can you explain these in more depth, please?

Like, I tend to associate easy Townreads with your scumgame. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Also, can people ping me on why I'm supposed to be Townreading Copper? I'm working on the Long List of Doom, if you guys want to wait for that, but I'd kinda like some feedback on this one. (I'd forgotten how much of a pain a single-person analysis can be. It'll get done, but I just want you to know I hate you all, and your little dogs too. :| )

I'm mildly annoyed* at apparently getting scumread for this one. I've played scum enough times to know that antagonizing the loudest, most trusted voice in the game is not exactly ideal, particularly when you don't have a lot of Towncred to bet against their own. (Heck, I literally lost my first scum game entirely for trying too hard to defend my apathetic buddy, and ending up facing down the entire Town by myself. Ironically, I had some vague idea that by playing to my Town meta, I'd be more likely to get a Townread, as per norm.)

(*Guide to reading the Phlegmatic-Melancholic person known as Vyse - Mildly annoyed = A lot. Moderately annoyed = Kuribo.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:46 pm

Post by VysePresident »

'Kay.

Just FYI, here's a BRantz Scumgame, if you want to look at it. (It's also a half-decent Towngame on my part, even if I waffled way too much, and wouldn't have pushed my main suspect without TTH giving me a push.)

He's more active there than here, but the points to take away from it are -

-He Townreads people more easily as Scum than Town.

-He tends to give meh reasons for a read.

-He can push a bad read hard when he wants. (See: His case to lynch DaveAZ on the last day.)

There's probably more, but I'm running out of steam, and I'm half-expecting people not to look at this anyway, despite my hopes.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:23 am

Post by VysePresident »

@Orange - So. BRantz? Copper? Thoughts, please?

@Bulbasar - Oh hey! You keep pushing my lynch. (& Von, & Lucian, & Jackel, popular wagon of choice, etc.) Why? Does Bulb really think I'm that dangerous to your team? :P

@Death - Since when is not defending yourself scummy? I've got limited time & energy, as I've noted at length, and I'm mostly focusing on my reads. This may have been a mistake, in retrospect, but I'm not really used to scumreads hanging around on me after I've shared my reads. It makes me wonder what the heck happened, anyway.

Quick version - Lucian was suspect #1 when I was writing that up. I didn't actually read through his whole ISO or anywhere close, just enough to glance at the tone that was bothering me (and possibly Om), but I can show you other games where I've worked like heck on a read, and not answering you is listed above.)

Also not thrilled with you. That first question wasn't rhetorical. I'd really appreciate an elaboration.

@Boon - Can I get an overview of your reads? Can you walk me through your thought process on Drixx & Vonflare?

@BBMolla - Okay, your Toon vote is dead, and your Orange wagon might as well be. Where are you going to jump? Why? (Correct answer: BRantz (kinda ready to give up on lynching Copper today, but if you want to go for it...))
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:24 am

Post by VysePresident »

@Orange(Wguerts {Open to Bro, but V/LA n' stuff}) - Hey, have you been talking to Bro much about your reads? I'm curious what the two of you have to say about me in particular.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:28 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1546, copper223 wrote:
In post 1524, VysePresident wrote:
I know BRantz. I can believe a bad call from him like what happened with the Neighbor deal
, but the lack of actual content from him is terrible. He can be mislynch bait, sure, but he's pretty darn involved as a Townie. Believe me, I've tried to mislynch him before & I've seen both his Town & Scum games, and I don't think this is Town BRantz. More on this when I get home from work.

-Instead, he waits until Ice/Marquis claims to be able to Investigate Neighbors & ask for Neighbors to claims as such to jump on something. He then refers to that as "obviously scummy".
This is something I could see him doing as Town.
He derps a bit like that. I cannot see him waiting for such as Town, and then engaging there & only there.

:lol:

:?:
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:31 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1547, copper223 wrote:
In post 1545, VysePresident wrote:P-Edit - @Titus - I'd love to take that Townread, but this is the most pathetic Towngame I've had in ages. Elemental Mafia was better, and I let every frickin' scumread slip by until endgame.

Also this explains why you are scumreading me, the only guy who has been seriously questioning your alignment for a while now, that makes perfect sense...

There's a difference between weak play and scummy play. I.e. I've utterly failed the communications part of the game, and my interactions have been more limited than normal.

Maybe I'm just overestimating you, but you don't seem like somebody who can't tell the difference between the two.

Also, you can't seriously be implying that I'm counter-scumreading you when I was the first one to point down a read. (Heck, I'm pretty sure you've used that read as a point for scumreading me.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1812 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:50 am

Post by VysePresident »

@Bro - Oh, by the way, does Penguin still play here? I've kinda been hoping to bump into her at some point, but no luck. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:55 am

Post by VysePresident »

Spoiler: BRantz
In post 972, BRantz wrote:
In post 924, Soren wrote:
In post 861, God of Power Outlets wrote:
In post 855, Pirate Ika wrote:tbone are you...
flirting with me?

okay I know ut is out of town and kuribo works a ton. can you walk me through your unvote on vonny other than you think neverice made a point that for some strange reason that I really can't understand you agree with?

babe, let the third-head tell you something soulful. I'm a bad man, a part of a sexy monster...but I have dreams you know....I sleep even when my other heads do not...I dream....I dream of golden fields of dongs....I dream of this game....A game in which nevermeltice's defense of vonflare as a VI resonated with me....

I think he has a point in saying vonflare is just playing bad and playing bad doesn't equal scum, and upon looking at my Scumrod in the mirror and shouting it down, I realized that there are other scummy players in this game, and they deserve the same tender loving care from the three prongs the stick out from our trousers that we have given vonflare. I'm not saying vonflare is town, I'm saying I've backed off on my read a bit because I can see some points another player is making. We all had a talk in our temple made of stone and dongs, and we have other mutual reads to pursue. I didn't pursue them in that post, because I was phone-posting and unvoting was difficult enough.

Vote: deathfisaro

Come get some TLC from my mighty Scumrod buddy. You're sketchy as fuck, and until you alleviate that, you shall drink from my mighty dong.

My sexy pirates, our other mutual scumreads are Lucian, Soren, and Vyse (death), can you talk to me babe?

I'm not scum.

This is just awful posting.

In post 957, Never-melt-ice wrote:
In post 954, Marquis wrote:
In post 952, Bulbasaur Commonwealth wrote:If one of the neighbors have a PR, then I don't think they should. Even if they're all VTs, I don't really see why they should claim today (other than because of your role, and even then I don't think every potential neighbor should claim).

They don't have to claim their PR. I just want to know if they're a neighbor. And I don't see how them just claiming neighbor makes them any more likely to have another PR in scum's view.

In post 955, Marquis wrote:While I wouldn't classify vonflare's contributions as VI (the term is more than a little extreme), I'm very sure he's town. And the wagon just looks... subpar. Ivysaur, half a line of analysis on vonflare there and you vote him over Toon?

I have different skins how did this even happen

lol... oh hi marquis! (I am excited to actually play a game with you since you didn't have time for Persona)

In post 964, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 513, BRantz wrote:Ika is an oddball. The only time I have seen him get invested in a game was when a wagon formed on him.

Are you subtly suggesting something?

Obviously not. Just telling copper about my experience with ika. I see no reason why we should wagon pika today, and mollies recent posting has me leaning town there.

Not a fan of Lucian's current "should or shouldn't I claim" teasing he is doing.

Soren's posting for the past few pages has been completely awful.

In post 1155, BRantz wrote:
In post 1099, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 1095, Narninian wrote:man; that's easy.
Alright.

I'm replacing Narninian: not reading.

Who should I vote for?

BRantz.

Put a vote on him until he gives us those scum-reads.
I really think he was lying about them, given the fact that if they were actually true, he could've given them on the spot.

It doesn't matter. We'll soon see.

If all you wanted was basic reasons this would in fact be true, and I had stated basic reasons for all of them (except von) prior to that. In depth takes more time, which will have to wait again till tomorrow, I got called into work early this afternoon, and need to go to bed now that I am done.

In post 1330, BRantz wrote:Alright so Lucian, my scum reads.

Vonflare: Von has done litterally nothing to forward the game, most of his posts consist of things like (, and ) I also really didn't like s flippant reaction to a wagon on him. If his posting isn't scummy it is at the very least anti-town.

Soren/replacement: pinged me as off, even if he has been playing mafia for less than a year (which he said) there is literal zero chance he hasn't heard the term hammer before. Then pretty much every post fro to is just completely awful. I see no town motivation for the way he was playing. Magua has been interesting but makes me feel a little better about this slot.

Lucian: Yes, you claimed, and it is even a confirmable one. I don't think that 100% makes you town (unless scum 1-shot vig is something bastard, then I will withdraw my whole case here). But you have tried so hard to fence sit this game that I am not completely convinced you are town (things like , , , (you never voted chivri), , etc.) have me feeling uneasy on you.

These three posts are actually more like what I was expecting from BRantz. I don't think it outweighs the rest, though. :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (isolation #33) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:37 am

Post by VysePresident »

Maybe it's just late, but I'm liking my Copper case less. :/

I'll still post my long-promised thoughts regardless, but give me one more night, please.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:37 am

Post by VysePresident »

Oh, and I'm an idiot

VOTE: BRantz
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:06 am

Post by VysePresident »

Everyone who's posting really needs to weigh in on BRantz.

I'll take Drixx over Jackel, but neither of them should be today's lynch.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:08 am

Post by VysePresident »

@Death - You never did answer my question in , by the way.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:13 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1825, Oranje Crush wrote:I'm seeimg brantz more now vyse, I'll take a deeper look when i have time myself to confirm my thoughts. Copper's town for scum hunting and meta reasons.
Bro's just saying "I think Brantz is scum" and stuff. He has to catch up quite a bit as his work is taking a lot of time. We basically disagree on everything besides copper and TPTG are town.

In post 1821, BRantz wrote:So Vyse your complaint about me is both that I wasn't involved enough in the early stuff on day one and that I didn't tunnel hard enough during that same period? Yeah... okay. Let me know when you have something worthwhile to talk about. Also if we are going to talk about town games vs scum games I don't remember your town one being nearly thus tunnelly.

Mod I am v/LA this weekend while at a family friend's wedding.

1) I hope you have fun, pal. :)

2) You really don't remember what happened with FuDuzn? I mean, yeah, it took TTH, but that isn't the norm. I'm quiet all the way up until I turn into a bulldog.

3)No, my complaint is pretty obviously not that. I think you're deliberately sidelining. You don't really have any direction or meaning behind your posts, until now. That's not the BRantz I'm familiar with. I'm starting to think we're doomed to always be opposite alignments.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #38) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:37 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1864, copper223 wrote:I am not joining a BRantz wagon while he is on V/LA and his play didn't ping me before so that's off the table for me.

Is this your thoughts after reading his ISO? Or in general?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (isolation #39) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:42 am

Post by VysePresident »

Catch you guys tonight.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by VysePresident »

I lied again. It's 5 A.M. Tomorrow's the weekend though, so it should be good.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (isolation #41) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1941, Ozgin wrote:No nothing in BRantz's ISO looks particularly scummy to me, and in fact:

In post 1040, BRantz wrote:You are the first person to ask me questions about my reads.

There is a lack of scum reads because I feel like a little over half of the players aren't even playing the game yet. I had completely forgotten that Jackal was even in this game, you have people like Vyse and Rubeus who just keep promising content but never deliver. In general I am finding most of the interactions I am seeing people have as town so far, but I don't have nearly enough on a lot of the player base to read them one way or another.

I am adding Soren to my scum reads based solely on his posting over the past few pages.

So I have 3 scum reads at the moment (strongest-weakest) Vonflare-Soren-You (Lucian).

This rings pretty true, this was how I felt when I was pretty active in this game, then this week was a nightmare for me with activity so I just read up now and I feel like I'm in that half of the players who aren't really playing (and I feel bad for it). Even reading, it always seems like 5 or 6 players really show up and are volatile and active and such, but for those 5 or 6 who are over-the top active, there are 5 or 6 (such as myself) who completely fall out for 20 pages (minimum), and then everyone else is in the middle-most activity region.

Anyways, I don't like the wagon on BRantz. I still kinda like the wagon on vonflaire, especially when he said something like, "I'm going on VLA" and then someone else was like, "You should vote Jackal" and von was just like, "K, I'm a mindless sheep going on vacation so here have my vote woo." Sorry I don't have the quote, I just got lazy and didn't feel like tabbing over to von's ISO.

VOTE: vonflaire

In post 1942, Ozgin wrote:EBWOP

In post 1939, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm willing to vote Brantz, mainly because I don't see anything that makes me think they're especially town, but I also don't see anything especially scum. I'll look back in context possibly, but either way
I'd rather not vote/lynch them while they're VLA

I also agree with this, but I'm kinda lean town on BRantz as opposed to null either way.
It seems that some people just wanna vote BRantz just to get the lynch over with, and yet nobody thinks BRantz is particularly scummy nor particularly town

I really, really don't like these posts. It doesn't really touch on why I'm scumreading BRantz. The vote on Vonflare is lazy. Where is the apathy on the wagon? (At worst, there's maybe Narnian & Jackel, with Dan on the sides, but I'll raise you an Om, Orange, ChiVi, Lucian & myself.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (isolation #42) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:13 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Also guys, BRantz's V/LA last through Sunday. The deadline ends on Tuesday. He'll have time to defend himself and/or claim.

If you have somebody better in mind, then vote for them by all means, but if not, there's no point waiting.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (isolation #43) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:29 am

Post by VysePresident »

Copper wrote:I think you have a good point about looking for a narrative when scumhunting, if a player seems to strive to be consistent for the sake of being consistent I also would find it scum indicative, but I have just been accused of being inconsistent so if you're town you should look at the entirety of my posting and not just on my scumreads of you and Bulbasaur.

Well, here's my 0.2 on that, starting with the bad and working out from there.

One of the things that bothered me about your early game was that your reads felt kinda fake. It wasn't just the Mastin vote. (I actually like the idea of pressuring them at that point, but I'm not comfortable with the way you shifted into a strong scumread on them based on that meta 'tell' alone.) You very quickly jump on Om in . I actually have really mixed feeling on it, since I can agree with the general content behind it, but the thing is, Om appeared to be a possibility for a mislynch as well, and that's a trick I've pulled as scum before. You also Townread the people you played with before rather easily, but at the same time, stuff like kinda feels like setting up to jump on Drixx.

It's not that you don't offer a line of reasoning for all of it, but I still feel that there's a pattern forming between the lines.

You're constantly setting yourself on the offensive - Like I said, I can see what you're saying in , but at that point, I'm not comfortable with the way you're ready to push Om. I'm a bit iffy at the way you easily Townread the weaker players you know, and then try to turn it on Om immediately. It's a trick I've used before as scum, and I see Om as being a relatively easy target at that point, in much the same vein as the others you described.

Then there's , , (and I'm running out of patience for linking stuff, because it's 7 A.M.)

There's a very strong emphasis on scumreads in your posts over Town, bar a few cases that I've noticed are largely focused on people who know you, or who are largely Townread. Take . Ithad it's share of Townreads, but honestly, I think they're pretty shallow. There's too much emphasis on Events, or players who know you, with the exception of BRantz, who somehow gets by with a really mediocre , and nothing else at that point, bar that push on Ice. (I would appreciate an elaboration on that, by the way. Also, it's probably academic by now, but I'm curious what the Town value was in Toon's ) (I do like the Om read. Ogzin & Dani are wishy-washy enough to bug me, but I'll grant that Nulls do that. #hypocrite)

I'm also noticing a tendency towards discrediting people in a way that feels more reactionary than considered, like in , and then there's the whole way I've trended into being your top scumread. I mean, looking at your on me, I'm seeing you projecting a lot of possible motivations behind my actions that don't really seem to take different personalities into account. It just kinda continues from there. (Seriously, how am I your top scum read in this field?) (As a counterpoint to the whole apologies thing, here's the ISO from my most pathetic Town game ever. The short of it is that I can be extremely stubborn about replacing out as Town, but at the same time, I tend to be embarrassed and apologetic at having to prod dodge at all. Couple that with the fact that I've already flaked on Dram before, and it adds up to being really annoying for me.)

Really, if you want an overview of my thoughts on you, I'd look at the first paragraph of this here, and replace Drixx with yourself. I don't think all your analysis is faked, but then, this is multiball, and there are some serious warning serious above.

I mean, being scum is like telling a story, and finding scum comes from knowing how people tell these stories. It's not so much that your reasoning is obviously flawed or whatnot, because it isn't, so much as it is the little things like how you're directing your focus & attention, and the patterns behind your play. You're good, and it's obvious at a glance. That means I'm not going to give you too much Town credit for presenting yourself well, because I think you could pull it off as scum. (That, and I'm pretty sure I've seen your name pop up in the Scummies thread more than once. Gotta love being famous. :P )

I'm able to write some of it off as a personality disconnect, like your counter scumread on me, but there's still enough warning signs to make me wary of you.

Hitting the sack now.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (isolation #44) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:42 am

Post by VysePresident »

I lied. One more post.

In post 1344, copper223 wrote:@Vyse
I am not fond of you making a case on me by subtly implying I am doing some of the things you say you look for when scumhunting while at the same time kind of describing how you started this game as your typical town attitude, that seems a bit too convenient but I'll pretend to take this at face value for the sake of the conversation.

1) Dude, I've been scumreading you through a large chunk of the game. The intensity has varied a lot, but my thoughts are necessarily going to bleed through when I talk about you.

If anything, you should be more concerned if were I switching from scumreading you to trusting you like a lightbulb. It's not going to happen, unless & until I think you're Town.

2) You asked how I typically scumhunt, so I explained it, and put it in context of the game.

3)Likewise going to take you at face value for the sake of conversation.

Copper wrote:The reason why I scumread Bulbasaur early is based on a previous game I had with Mastin2, where she played SK and tried to mimic her towngame (according to her), it came off the same way to me, their reads this game look stilted and only given when there is pressure on the slot, those are the kind of reads I might come up with as scum so that nobody could accuse me of not scumhunting (because both Drixx and Lucian did things this game that can be objectively thought of as scummy) if I didn't have much interest or time to dedicate to the game. They have done nothing to make me change my mind so I don't see why I would have changed my read on them, in fact I was just proven almost certainly correct on Lucian (I told both them and BBmolla I thought he looked scummy but was town) so if anything my scumread of them should be stronger now because there was no follow up on what I told them and I am also not fond of Ivysaur posting his suspicion on Lucian now that both someone else and I said scumreading Lucian in this situation is more likely to be a town dumbtell, that seems pretty manipulative, do you see a reason for me to have changed my mind on them?

No, I don't particularly care for the slot myself. It's just that your read is more obviously problematic to me at the moment. (It's not about alignment, in this case, but how you got to that conclusion.)

I mean, walk me through it if there's more going on. I just think it's more likely bad than not.

Copper wrote:As for my case on you, I told you where the scumread comes from, I've seen scumpartners do this (like deathfisaro who confirmed it in this game) and I've come from a game where I just caught scum Nachomamma8 doing the exact same thing, I think if you're town and busy it's more likely you will say so once and then get annoyed with players questioning you or you just get replaced, the fact you have so often excused yourself for not posting looks like you apologizing to your scummates for not being as active as you should to help the team or as preemptively defending yourself from the rest of us for something that if true is outside your control so I see no big reason to keep asking forgiveness, the way you characterized it is also not very fair as you have used this excuse a number of times, I did not jump on you the first time you behaved as described.

1) I apologize frequently when prod dodging - for instance, here's the ISO from one of my most pathetic completed Town games - I view a game as a commitment, and I fell pretty embarrassed every time I put up a prod dodge post.

This is especially true since I've flaked on Dram before. (Can't really talk about that one, due to being an ongoing game.) In all honesty, half the reason I put up that short list of reads was to feel like I was doing something useful. :/

2) That said, if I were Scum and I couldn't play the slot, I'd just replace out. I got screwed over hard by an apathetic teammate in my first game here, and I don't want to do the same to anyone else. Also, I try to keep most of my annoyance outside the thread. I'm not the type of player to rage.

Copper wrote:As for my D1 town game, what I usually try to do is to get a solid list of townies and potential scumplayers by giving early reads about what I like and what I dislike, usually it has to do with the motivation I most likely believe a player would have for saying what he is saying or it can also be how awkward/confident they appear to be or based on some tell that worked for me in a previous game so I'd use it again to see if it was coincidence or actually applicable, I then base most of my early reads on the reactions I am getting from them, this game I have the advantage of knowing quite a few players and of some them having reliable patterns when playing town so I already started with a better list than usual-

Here's the thing, this is cool in theory, but I'm finding the way you apply these tells to be awkward at best, and arguably forced. It's stuff I've seen good scum pull off frequently.

Copper wrote:
I further try to make everyone else commit to giving reads often and then I try to narrow down the list of suspects and push on them until something gives, this is where the bull in the china shop comes in. Later on the game I go back and revist the read evolution of every player and how they voted, I check for how opportunistic they have been, how likely it is they were reading players using information that was not available at the time, I check to see if the evolution of those reads make sense and I also do some VCA.

I don't think we're really that different, honestly, playstyle-wise. It's just that I know that I can fake this as scum, and I've seen others do so as well, and I have a few hints that you might be doing that now.

Walk me through where you're at now, in relation to the above. (Yay for something actually conversational. I'm tired, cut me some slack.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (isolation #45) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:42 am

Post by VysePresident »

Yay for redundancy. :|

Going to bed now.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (isolation #46) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 pm

Post by VysePresident »

RE: Molla - Honestly, my thought process boils down to the fact that I kinda want a chance to catch up on my sleep, so I don't mind holding onto the night skip.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2014 (isolation #47) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1973, Bulbasaur Commonwealth wrote:In a little bit of good news, Venusaur's back and seems like she's ready to dig in. I expect that both she and Bulba will need the night to be fully caught up, but we can hopefully be a more functional three-man team D2 (or at the very least I won't be the only one posting).

Bulb's now got a fairly healthy townread on vyse and Lucian (though I think this is all pre-page 70, or 60 or so). Not sure yet what his thoughts on BRantz are, though.

At this point we can be sure that Lucian and Vyse aren't going to be people we'll vote (even though I want to vote Lucian), as is Drixx (even though Bulb wants to vote him).

Why do I feel like I'm getting set up for a NK again? This is getting me really paranoid about the night. :igmeou:

Walk me through your read on me, and how you got here after pushing me for the longest time, please.

Actually, I'd like you to go over your reads in general. I look at your ISO, and I kinda feel like there's a lot of cheerleading going on.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (isolation #48) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Post by VysePresident »

I'd really appreciate thoughts on: Ogzin, Bulbasaur, & Copper, particularly that last since I just dropped a virtual wall, and I'd like to think I didn't completely waste my time.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2016 (isolation #49) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Oh, and Death.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (isolation #50) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Post by VysePresident »

@Copper - Y'know... :igmeou:

Let's go with the bullet points version.

Spoiler: Tired rant that got longer than planned
-The alignment of Bulbasaur is almost irrelevant to the read I'm getting on you. (same for Om, or Drixx, or Lucian, or the others I mentioned, to answer that question about some reads I disliked.) Your thought process feels unnatural, and maybe a bit too straightforward. I can go into the whys of that yet again, but the short of it is that Bulbasaur could be Town, or your buddy, or anything, and it wouldn't change anything. I'm scumreading you for how you got to that conclusion.

-(As a sidenote, I realize one can have much better reads on players they know well. I've played several games off-site with some friends, and I can figure out a lot about them from their play that I couldn't do early on. Thing is, even these reads still need sorting out, and I'm uncomfortable with the 'tells' you're relying on.)

-I'm not looking for a debate, per se - I'm never going to convince you to vote yourself if I settle on my scumread, but I can get a better insight into your thought process via your responses, and gauge my read more accurately. (And yes, it should be pretty obvious which direction I'm headed, right now.)

-I'm not hitting you for scumhunting. I'm hitting you for what looks like Lynchhunting. Your Townreads feel perfunctory & strategic, and your focus mostly seems to be on feeling out a viable lynch. It's subtle, and I've waffled on this one to a ridiculous amount, but that's what I'm referring to.

-The deal with Om looked like a possible variation on the old White Knight scenario. Given that others were Townreading Om, I'm not giving you too many Townpoints for backing off.

-You use a lot of hyperbole & such in your posts. "It made me chuckle", that sort of thing. That's another warning sign.

-Gutreads are easy to laugh off. They also tend to work out for me. (They're also not illogical, and I hate it when people do that.)

-I don't have a watertight case on you, or else I'd be voting you over BRantz. Thing is, I've caught out a lot of good players based off the same type of pattern & focus analysis that has me eyeballing you. It's not something I'm going to let you laugh off.

-I also feel like you've been scumreading me for my read on you, and offering me subtle 'outs', like in & such. (What's your thoughts now it's obvious that I'm hardpushing BRantz? Is it legitimate? Is it just me posturing? What's your take?)

-You've been asking me to drop my case on you for ages. I've done it. It's partly to an audience, yes, and for obvious reasons, but I'm giving you a chance to weigh in as well. You seem to view this as a battle rather than a chance to work out why I think the way I do.

Goodnight. I'll talk to you tomorrow when I feel like getting baited again.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (isolation #51) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:05 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2019, copper223 wrote:If Cerberus actually is town, he should not be allowed to play outside Rome. Vyse is the closest thing to conf. scum to me, did any of you actually bother to read that "case"?

- "I "feel" your scumhunting is fake", no evidence given, this is a problem while reading the whole thing as the actual posts he quotes are distorted by his interpretation of how he says he feels about what my possible motive for doing something is, which often can be proven to be objectively false (but hey he still doesn't care, see the Drixx pearl).
- "I don't want to interact with you because I can't convince you to vote yourself", forgetting that actually figuring out my alignment should be part of the process :D
- "No matter (!) your read on Om and Drixx, I still have a problem with it you", well that's very indicative of your alignment rather than mine.

Are just some of the pearls in there.

VOTE: VysePresident

Does
nodody
else see the problems here? :/

That's twisting my words to a ridiculous extent. (#1 - I literally just ran over the whys & whats of what I thought was fake! #2 - I outright said I'm gauging your alignment more so than debating. #3 = Duh.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (isolation #52) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:07 am

Post by VysePresident »

*Nodody - In the future, the word Nodody comes to replace the word Nobody, but they share the same general meaning. Just FYI.

While I'm here, @Om - Could you possibly try to get Post #2290, and do nothing but quote , please?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (isolation #53) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:17 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2050, VysePresident wrote:
In post 2019, copper223 wrote:If Cerberus actually is town, he should not be allowed to play outside Rome. Vyse is the closest thing to conf. scum to me, did any of you actually bother to read that "case"?

- "I "feel" your scumhunting is fake", no evidence given, this is a problem while reading the whole thing as the actual posts he quotes are distorted by his interpretation of how he says he feels about what my possible motive for doing something is, which often can be proven to be objectively false (but hey he still doesn't care, see the Drixx pearl).
- "I don't want to interact with you because I can't convince you to vote yourself", forgetting that actually figuring out my alignment should be part of the process :D
- "No matter (!) your read on Om and Drixx, I still have a problem with it you", well that's very indicative of your alignment rather than mine.

Does
nodody
else see the problems here? :/

That's twisting my words to a ridiculous extent. (#1 - I literally just ran over the whys & whats of what I thought was fake! #2 - I outright said I'm gauging your alignment more so than debating. #3 = Duh.)

Like, I really want outside opinions on this, because I'm starting to suspect Copper is trying to pull me into a tunnel, and I don't want this to get dismissed as Town vs Town.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (isolation #54) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Post by VysePresident »

So, yay. :|

-
I'm leaning Peregrine over Jackel, but honestly, I think both wagons are bad. (In effect, I'd prefer a shot in the dark to a meh lynch.)
(Apparently, it's already decided on Jackel.)

-
Is Lihin really not an option? Show of hands please, who would prefer Lihin over the other two?
- I'd still like opinions on Lihin, thanks!

-Why the heck is BRantz's claim supposed to have ConfTown'd him? As things stand, I literally do not care about his claim at all, bar the frustration.

-Why is it that the only people I can get to push Copper & Bulba are Copper & Bulba? :|

-For all my distrust of Bulbasaur, I will say that pushing back against Copper's 'case' more eloquently & rationally than I feel like doing is an excellent way to buddy up to me. I'll lynch you last.

-@Bulbasaur - That said, I
really
want that read progression from you, particularly in regards to myself. If you need to chat it up with Bulba, fine, but please get back to me on this.

-P-Edit - @Cerberus - (We have roughly as of the time of this post. The votecounts use a clock that automatically counts down, so they're accurate whenever you look at them.) P-Edit 2: Never mind. (Also, it's probably more like 8 & 1/2 by now.)

-I'm going to try and do a vote count. I may not make it back alive. (I honestly kinda want to just walk away from the thread.) P-Edit 3 - Done! I'm going to put it in it's own post, though.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (isolation #55) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Jackel (11) - Bulbasaur Commonwealth, Marquis, Drixx, Lucian, Lihin, Magua, Copper, BBMolla, Ogzin, Om, Orange

PV (5) - Dan, Cerberus, Vonflare, Death, Narnian
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (isolation #56) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Oh yeah.

VOTE: Jackel
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (isolation #57) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by VysePresident »

L-1, and all that.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (isolation #58) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2223, Titus wrote:Fisaro, if it's serious, sub out. Your health is more important. No one would hold it against you.

I just want to say ditto this.

I really hope you get to doing better, sir. I don't know if it means anything to you, but I'll keep you in my prayers.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (isolation #59) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by VysePresident »

@Wguerts - I just want to know, was Bro supportive of this claim to any degree, at any point?

Thanks!

Also, I still really want people to tell me why BRantz is supposed to be Town now.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (isolation #60) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2374, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 2373, Drixx wrote:A permanent every night commuter who cannot ever be successfully targeted by any night actions and will gain additional abilities as the game progresses?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commuter

No, I don't buy the claim at face value. It doesn't necessarily mean scum, but of all the claims so far, it's the best possible scum fake claim I've seen, BBmolla's coming in a close 2nd since (as predicted) we're going to wait to use it and that was probably easily predictable to anyone paying attention. It would be a gambit on BB's part to fakeclaim that, but all it takes is a couple nights to happen in a role madness game like this and then a little "confusion" in triggering it and all of a sudden it's too late.

I think this has more to do with my skepticism of accepting claims at face value than anything else though.

Agreeing with you on the convenience. For those who may have played with the components of this hydra before...are either of them the sort to make a claim that wastes their power as town?

I'm familiar with Bro claiming Tree Stump in a similar manner.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (isolation #61) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Eh, it depends on the reasons. Townies aren't always at each other's throats. Not sure I'm even seeing that from them, but I've only skimmed the thread.

Regardless, I'm okay enough with Drixx & Cerberus at this point

Anyway, I'm curious - why the Townread on Copper?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Observations on BRantz, please? (At least, I think you were one talking about him not being scum due to his role...?)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (isolation #63) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2389, Titus wrote:
In post 2388, VysePresident wrote:Observations on BRantz, please? (At least, I think you were one talking about him not being scum due to his role...?)

I want to compare his wagon to the Jackal wagon. I would look for overlap for players that are less likely aligned with either.

Setting that aside, Brantz having 3 shot governor is more likely town. Checking him would not be terrible though.

Run me through the logic here, please.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (isolation #64) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by VysePresident »

All it does is delay things, though. That doesn't seem unbeatable.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Like, I'm sorry if I'm just being obtuse, but this really doesn't make much sense to me.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:33 pm

Post by VysePresident »

...I still kinda think it could be scum, as long as BRantz isn't allowed to do the kill, (preventing an unwinnable LyLo). That said, I'll back off for now, but can we at least agree to get him to prove having more than one shot tomorrow? :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:56 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2245, VysePresident wrote:
-
Is Lihin really not an option? Show of hands please, who would prefer Lihin over the other two?
- I'd still like opinions on Lihin, thanks!
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Incidentally, did you ever get back to me on why you were Townreading Copper?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (isolation #69) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by VysePresident »

VOTE: Bulbasaur Commonwealth

Hiya, Bulb!

I really want to hear how you went from begging for my lynch to Townreading me & pushing my primary opponent/scumread for most of the game.

I feel like I'm getting baited pretty darn hard.

I'd also appreciate some thoughts or a general overview behind the rest of your pushes.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:04 am

Post by VysePresident »

Also guys, just FYI, I'm going to be at my job pretty much all day, and probably won't be responding to this until later in the weekend.

I'd still appreciate not getting ignored yet again. Thanks in advance!
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2537 (isolation #71) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 am

Post by VysePresident »

Titus, can I get an overview of your reads, please?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3090 (isolation #72) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Prod dodging. Should be on tonight, but you never know. I'm pretty beat.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3175 (isolation #73) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Okay guys, I'm pretty sure you both are Town, can we please stop now?

Titus, I know I'm not the only one to say this, but take a step back and ask yourself just what motivation does ScumDrixx have for pointing out your 'destump' to the whole thread, when he could just as easily keep it quiet in the night thread? I don't want to be rude, but this is dumb. You gambited, somebody realized something was wrong, and called you out on it. It's annoying. It happens. Now chuck the ego and help find scum.

Drixx, this is typical Titus. If anything, I'm a lot more comfortable now that she's breaking into Tunnel mode, despite being terrible. This is a ticked Titus, not ScumTitus, and not rational Titus. Chuck the Lynch all Liars crap and help find scum, please & thank you.

P-Edit. Stop. Feeding. This. Guys.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3176 (isolation #74) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by VysePresident »

I miss Wisdom. He's better at banging heads together than I am. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3178 (isolation #75) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Y'know, I was starting to quote posts from Cerberus, but it's reached the point where I basically just agree with everything he's said up to this point.

P-Edit - Mutual, I see.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3179 (isolation #76) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Honestly, the only wagon of the day that's worth a darn is Lihin's. Copper would be ideal. Bulbasaur is probably still acceptable.

Orange is on a watchlist, but I'm darn well not going to lynch them at this point. The claim was silly, to put it nicely, but they're far and away not today's option. Wguerts is looking pretty darn Town to me, and Bro's not half bad either.

Drixx wrote:There is nothing illogical about lynching a rolefisher who lies about rolefishing, who was largely suspected D1, who claimed bp (which makes him unlikely to be night killed), who started rolefishing me after Lihin (the hated role) had a VC that made them the default lynch, who has pushed bad cases on other slots and just generally has been an all around scummy..

I'm leaning Town on him for precisely these reasons. If anything, I'm more confident in my Town read on him than you. Think back to Elemental Mafia. This isn't the first time you did this. Let's not repeat, please. I don't want to wade through a shouting match in a freaking Large, thank you.

That, and Copper's pushed him frequently.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3183 (isolation #77) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 3093, Titus wrote:@Lucian, should I become Double Trouble with my sister and make two siblings in a single slot? Remind me who the masons and neighbors are please.

Oh my gosh. >_<

Y'know what? I'd almost like that, just to see you two scumreading your own slot.

I just don't know how many people would survive the sheer chaos. I read a battle of textwalls for breakfast, and I'm still scared of this.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3184 (isolation #78) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 3181, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 3093, Titus wrote:@Lucian, should I become Double Trouble with my sister and make two siblings in a single slot? Remind me who the masons and neighbors are please.

@Narnian, Was ika whiteknighting the end wagons or do you think he had a buddy there?

@OC, Except there I called you scum and tunnelled without allowing for explanation. (I will suppose Sabo's the game I claimed friendly neighbor.).

Oh, something weird: Drixx was one of the first people today to ask that Titus re-vote herself to prove her role as voteless once again. I just thought that was kind of strange, considering the whole argument.

Why is this strange?

Incidentally, I'd appreciate it if you'd start dropping reads.

Can I convince you to vote Copper?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3186 (isolation #79) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Have you read anything I've posted on him, at all? :?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3187 (isolation #80) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Like, I get I'm not typically the loudest or most obnoxious player, but I still don't understand why people constantly ignore me. Am I too long-winded?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3195 (isolation #81) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:31 am

Post by VysePresident »

@Lucian - I darn well did reply. (Reposted below) Copper then decided to cherry pick quotes to discredit me & push my lynch. Does nothing about that bother you?

-Why bring up BRantz & Drixx? Does either read feel unnatural to you? (Also, my read on Drixx was Null, leaning ever so slightly Town, I think. He's only recently become a relatively comfortable Townread for me. The 'Cool Guy' part was in reference to the story he told about himself, during the fallout after Kuribo got ticked.)

-What parts of his read on me in seem relevant to you? Why is it 'dodgy' of me not to explain every move of mine? I like to think my play speaks for itself. I'll admit, a large part of the reason I don't like to explain myself is laziness, but another part is that I want people to actually think about what I'm saying. I was really hoping that would work. Wall posts suck to write, and apparently nobody is going to listen to me as long as I don't have the amount of time to match Copper's posts. :/

-It's extremely annoying to me to get dismissed as 'reactionary', particularly when it's not even true. Even if I hadn't scumread him first, that wouldn't have invalidated my points.

I think there's a strategy behind his play. I've stated this a ridiculous number of times already, but I don't see much in the way of curiosity. (The post where he deliberately misquoted me is a pretty blatant example, but there's also the issue of his manner of his other scumreads. I've touched on Mastin (Pressuring & doubt is an appropriate response. A hard scumread is not.), Om, and his 'meta' Town reads on the less experienced players who know him. (I feel like the meta amounts to weak & largely irrelevant stuff. It's almost as bad as saying 'He sneezed while playing Town in that one game, and he sneezed now, ergo he's Town.)

He's constantly putting himself on the offensive, regardless of how much sense it makes. (Once again, the deliberate misquote. Why is this not getting more attention? Copper strikes me as a pretty competent, rational player, and I don't see how this could be Town.)

You don't catch good scum with an obvious slip. I have a pretty decent track record at scumhunting, (Almost 50%, I think, despite some terrible recent games. Actually getting a lynch is a different story, but finding the right one isn't quite so hard.) and it's because I've learned to reverse engineer someone's strategy.

When you get down to it, how much substance & thought is there behind Copper's rhetoric & pushes? I don't think it's a lot.

---

{Reposting my reply below, because I want people to actually read it this time. Plus, I'm ticked with Copper for trying to cherry pick me.}

-The alignment of Bulbasaur is almost irrelevant to the read I'm getting on you. (same for Om, or Drixx, or Lucian, or the others I mentioned, to answer that question about some reads I disliked.) Your thought process feels unnatural, and maybe a bit too straightforward. I can go into the whys of that yet again, but the short of it is that Bulbasaur could be Town, or your buddy, or anything, and it wouldn't change anything. I'm scumreading you for how you got to that conclusion.

-(As a sidenote, I realize one can have much better reads on players they know well. I've played several games off-site with some friends, and I can figure out a lot about them from their play that I couldn't do early on. Thing is, even these reads still need sorting out, and I'm uncomfortable with the 'tells' you're relying on.) {Also, looking specifically at the post where you note certain players seem more mislynchable than others, I'm noting that you apply that one very selectively. You pursue mislynch bait pretty easily otherwise. Looking at your early Narnian read, Drixx, and more recently, your Cerberus read. :/ }

Copper's Take

Copper wrote:- "I don't want to interact with you because I can't convince you to vote yourself", forgetting that actually figuring out my alignment should be part of the process :D

What I Actually Said

-I'm not looking for a debate, per se - I'm never going to convince you to vote yourself if I settle on my scumread, but I can get a better insight into your thought process via your responses, and gauge my read more accurately. (And yes, it should be pretty obvious which direction I'm headed, right now.)

{{Also, I find it incredibly ironic that he's hitting me for supposedly not trying to figure out his alignment, even while he's deliberately misquoting me for the sake of people skimming through the thread. (For their Greater Good, no doubt. ;) )}}

-I'm not hitting you for scumhunting. I'm hitting you for what looks like Lynchhunting. Your Townreads feel perfunctory & strategic, and your focus mostly seems to be on feeling out a viable lynch. It's subtle, and I've waffled on this one to a ridiculous amount, but that's what I'm referring to.

-The deal with Om looked like a possible variation on the old White Knight scenario. Given that others were Townreading Om, I'm not giving you too many Townpoints for backing off.

-You use a lot of hyperbole & such in your posts. "It made me chuckle", that sort of thing. That's another warning sign.

-Gutreads are easy to laugh off. They also tend to work out for me. (They're also not illogical, and I hate it when people do that.)

-I don't have a watertight case on you, or else I'd be voting you over BRantz. Thing is, I've caught out a lot of good players based off the same type of pattern & focus analysis that has me eyeballing you. It's not something I'm going to let you laugh off.

-I also feel like you've been scumreading me for my read on you, and offering me subtle 'outs', like in 1870 & such. (What's your thoughts now it's obvious that I'm hardpushing BRantz? Is it legitimate? Is it just me posturing? What's your take?)

-You've been asking me to drop my case on you for ages. I've done it. It's partly to an audience, yes, and for obvious reasons, but I'm giving you a chance to weigh in as well. You seem to view this as a battle rather than a chance to work out why I think the way I do.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3196 (isolation #82) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2105, copper223 wrote:I am using a phone keyboard, that's why my commas are not always spot on.

I am not dismissing them, he makes them too subjective to actually be debatable, if I tell you I feel what you are doing is not like proper scumhunting, and you give me the impression of making up your reads, but I don't have a problem with one in particular, rather the general aporoach you are taking this game, which gives me bad vibes, plus this is multiball so the fact you are scumhunting is not town indicative, it depends on how I perceive it wheter it's grnuine or not etc ect ect... what the heck are you going to reply to this? Vyse's case is a concatenation of these sentences, unassailable because it's not based on anything objective to begin with and that's why I think it's scummy,
I did exagerate those points because based on the stuff I am reading zi am convinced multiple pkayers are skimming.

Seriously guys, why are we not lynching this?

Can we please stop talking about 'Anti-Town' play and look for scum?

Catch you guys tomorrow, when I inevitably have to write another wall post.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3197 (isolation #83) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 am

Post by VysePresident »

Just going to repost this here, because, regardless of my thoughts on the CommonWealth, they manage to state exactly what I want to, much better than I can under the circumstances.

In post 2133, Bulbasaur Commonwealth wrote:
In post 2105, copper223 wrote:1)I am using a phone keyboard, that's why my commas are not always spot on.

2)I am not dismissing them, he makes them too subjective to actually be debatable. 3)if I tell you I feel what you are doing is not like proper scumhunting, and you give me the impression of making up your reads, but I don't have a problem with one in particular, rather the general aporoach you are taking this game, which gives me bad vibes, plus this is multiball so the fact you are scumhunting is not town indicative, it depends on how I perceive it wheter it's grnuine or not etc ect ect... what the heck are you going to reply to this? 4)Vyse's case is a concatenation of these sentences, unassailable because it's not based on anything objective to begin with and that's why I think it's scummy, 5)I did exagerate those points because based on the stuff I am reading zi am convinced multiple pkayers are skimming.

1)Fair enough. I guess phoneposting makes it hard to punctuate (I don't have a fancy-shmancy phone, nor do I want one, so idrk)

2)Welcome to almost every damn case made in a mafia game! Now that that bit of idi--sorry, ridiculousness is out of the way, in all seriousness what a way to completely sidestep the points.

a.)He went into fairly extensive detail about why your read progression on me and many others felt unnatural to him. Your point about subjectiveness, while true here, is still an attempt to dismiss or deflect the argument.
b.) your next bullet point completely ignores context, taking only the first half and
completely ignoring
the second half which literally says he's talking with you to get insights on you and help his direction. I mean, that's cherry-picking at it's finest.
c.) having a problem with read progression over reads (or the player giving said reads) is not as smoking-gun-y as you're trying to make it sound. I can be okay with a townread because of it's truthfulness relative to my opinion on said player, but that doesn't mean I have to always agree with
how
you reach it. It's just like with math problems and teachers: You can reach the correct answer, but you don't get full points if you're required to show your work and either don't or flub it.

3) You think I'm just pulling my reads out of my ass/other peoples reads? This kinda feeds into this whole problem of painting what I've done as opportunistic. You're taking posts that are very clearly catch-up posts (and if it wasn't obvious by the "on to page X" comments at the end, I wasn't reading ahead intentionally) and trying to spin them into me somehow taking chances to parrot reads and events that have already happened. Besides, considering that at the time I wasn't keeping tabs on what was happing at the front of the page, you could very easily start crying foul about my posts and I wouldn't really be able to know until I reached them.

4)So? Asking for a majority of objectivity in a case is bogus because it still comes down to how
you
, the player, feel about the player(s) in question. Also, lack of objective things isn't scummy. Sometimes all you can go on are feelings that you get.

5) That's not a fucking excuse! If players are skimming it's their damn fault, and you are NOT helping anyone by deliberately stretching Vyse's argument! If anything, it makes you scummier.

In post 2106, Ozgin wrote:Wait, don't you mean BBmolla?

List one damn good reason why we should it trigger that doesn't involve confirming him or the WIFOM of whether or not he'll die tonight.

You do that, I'll vote BB as soon as I possibly can.

-Ivy.

P-EDIT: Oh, and what Drixx said (whee, more parroting, duncur). This isn't really a matter of what's optimal and what's not, it's a matter of using what time we have to try and get something before we go into the night. whatever "optimal" lynch isn't likely to happen in ~12 hours or less, and the one optimal lynch just excused himself from the game like a scumbag.

(this is obvdirected at Copper, not Drixx)

Lucian: What you think about Jackel is unimportant. What's important is stopping BB's ability from going off.

In post 2122, copper223 wrote:
Do you all really think the best lynch is a complete blank?

VOTE: PeregrineV

Considering quitting.

Again, how the fuck do you expect a Drixx or whatever flashwagon to pop up now? I'd love for a wagon on anyone but PV to show up, but...

And wah, wah, cry us a river. These lynches happen, learn to accept that.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3198 (isolation #84) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:41 am

Post by VysePresident »

VOTE: Copper

In my defense, I'm tired. I'm not an idiot, really. >_<
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3440 (isolation #85) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 am

Post by VysePresident »

VOTE: Lihin

I'm going to request that we hold off on hammering until I've had a chance to sit down & chat with people about Copper. This is most likely going to be during the weekend, when I have the actual time. I'll be blunt, I'd prefer him to be today's lynch hands-down over Lihin, but if I can't have that, I want him to be tomorrow's. I don't want this to be yet another case where I get NK'd, shoved to the side, and my scumread continues to fool Town the whole way through the game.

I'm not in any frame of mind to write another detailed case on him tonight. I don't like to bring real life into the picture, but I'm currently battling both kinds of depression. Some of this is due to real life annoyances, but a large part of that is from staying up late, a large part of which comes from time spent here. If you'll check, a painfully large number of my posts come in the ridiculous A.M. hours. (I'm working on CST) This particular post is coming in around seven A.M.

What Copper calls 'lurking' is, in fact, me using what little free time I have to focus on the game, and it's starting to come at the expense of my health. I post what I can, but I do not have the time & energy to match him in volume. I really need people to read what I'm saying & consider it for themselves, because I do not have the presence to counter a tunnel myself.

I'm at the point where I was writing wrote an essay almost two to three times this size ranting at Copper & people in general in a way that does not reflect well on me, and then spent another couple of freaking hours pacing off the adrenaline & frustration. It's kind of freaking me out, because I thought I had a handle on my emotional crap when I joined this game. I don't shout & scream. That's not how I play, and I hate that stuff. This is supposed to be a game, and it's not worth getting personal. That said, it's starting to put me in a really toxic place.

I have hopes for this to improve on my end, once I get a chance to rest & recover. I desperately want to finish this game, but if things don't improve, I'm going to have to replace out. I'll let you guys know in the next couple of days.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3441 (isolation #86) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:23 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 3434, ChriVi wrote:VOTE: Lihin

Magua what are you doing? Your vote is in the wrong place bud.

Also this. Cerberus has been pretty Town since Day #2.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3445 (isolation #87) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:24 am

Post by VysePresident »

I don't lie about real life, period. It's not alignment indicative. It's not like you can't use the timestamps to confirm I'm being incredibly stupid by being up to answer you at this time (Central Standard Timezone) Honestly though, if you're somehow Town & still deliberately misquoted me to make me look scummy, you have a lot of nerve toying with accusing me of playing low. (Yes, I am pretty irked about that, thank you.)

You're my primary scumread. I think I've been pretty blunt on that. I don't need to work to get people to scumread Lihin, because Orange basically hit everything I was interested in anyway. You're also a much stronger read for me, and I intend to follow through on that, or at least get enough support to prevent you from coasting in the event that I die.

If you want my take on it, Lihin is probably this game's Dodgy. You can ask Wguerts for details, but I caught him out on literally just two quotes here based on reasoning I later hit here.

Her end-day play is very reminiscent of Dodgy's wagon jump, albeit in a calmer, more rational sounding tone. The constant switching, coupled with the tone of having been carefully thinking things through when frankly, she obviously wasn't, is also a red flag.

I don't see the 'Anti-Town' nature of her role-use as being particularly interesting. I don't really believe in scum-tells the way you seem to.

Fun fact: Dodgy accused me of being scummy for not dropping my reasoning immediately. He was scum, and I was right. I also had equal or less activity than I do here.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3446 (isolation #88) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:32 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 3442, copper223 wrote:@Vyse
I really hope I am just wrong about you Vyse after because if you are using your well being outside of game to peddle sympathy from the rest of the playerlist I will think very lowly of you, if it's not a tactic I am sorry to hear about it and I think you shouldn't care much about MS if you have things to deal with in RL, which always comes first. Once you're more relaxed you can come here and have fun, I had similar issues a few weeks ago when trying to play while very stressed and it really showed, I was having no fun and was super snappy.

Back to the game, from where I am sitting you are tunnelling on me much more than I am tunnelling on you, you just FoS me every time you post, as an example you just put Lihin at L-3 and the whole post is about copper...

On a less waspish, out of game note, I do appreciate the concern, even if you did have to put that other bit in there. I don't expect this to last, but I don't want to have to choose between recovering & dealing with a narrative cropping up about me lurking. I already feel like I'm catching up with a mountain every time I post.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3462 (isolation #89) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 am

Post by VysePresident »

If you can wait a day or so, I'd appreciate it. There's some stuff I kinda want to go over first.

I can probably manage tonight if needs be.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3463 (isolation #90) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 am

Post by VysePresident »

Heading to in about two minutes, hence why I'm not talking right now.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3512 (isolation #91) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:07 am

Post by VysePresident »

So, I feel asleep on the floor, and it's six A.M. That about sums up why I can't donate my time to the cause of of Pillars of Eternity. Hammer if you really have to, and I'll just have to cram through tomorrow evening instead. (I go to work at three, and get back at nine. This is on top of cramming through some studies & stuff. Hence why I would have preferred the weekend.)

In regards to my IRL stuff - I don't mind answering questions regarding availability & such, though I'm not entirely reliable on that at present. (See above :/ ) I don't want it to be considered alignment indicative - I've had stuff crop up in a couple of games as both alignments, and likely will in the future. I just want it taken reasonably seriously, and I would appreciate a little space for these kind of things. (It's not like it's to ScumVyse's advantage to surrender the microphone to Copper anyway.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3659 (isolation #92) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 am

Post by VysePresident »

So, I'm not going to quote for the sake of minimizing walling, and getting this over with so I can get to bed. I'll catch up if anything needs clarification tomorrow.

-Copper, what changed your perception after the IRL posts? Why are you only just now considering the possibility that we have two different styles?

-Which points of my thoughts seem too 'subjective' to be answered by you? Why did you jump straight to dismissing them & scumreading me instead of pushing me to elaborate, or otherwise trying to get them clarified? I'm not going to write another full case for you until you start offering specifics to me. It's irritating enough writing a wall for nobody to read once, let alone as many times as I have.

-Likewise, if you feel my scumread on you is unfair, run through the specific points you find problematic rather than dismissing them as a whole. I guarantee you, right or wrong, this is not some magical gut feeling. Seriously, why do you think I'd push to lynch you if I didn't have a scumread on you? Believe me, you're not worth the frustration. It's not like all of the other lynchable guys out there can be my buddies.

-As someone who highly values objectivity, I think I can say that the objectivity you're looking for is just about impossible in this game. That doesn't make it a worthless goal to strive for, but at some point, things will have to be based on on'es perception & understanding. That goes for your reads as much as the next person's, and I think it's not that hard to see you doing it yourself, if you look back. So far, my style has worked out pretty darn well for finding scum. I don't appreciate getting dismissed out of hand, nor the constantly moving goalposts.

-I'd appreciate you explaining how your read me has evolved over the course of the game, and why. There's a lot I want to look at here, come next phase.

-It's getting bright outside. Catch you all next phase, everything permitting.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7312 (isolation #93) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Hrm, well. I guess it's an appropriate end to the game, all things considered. :|

Plot, I'm a bit busy writing up some nominations for you in the scummies thread to write up my thoughts quite yet, but I really think you ought to read the dead thread. You were amazing, and an absolute pleasure to watch. Frankly, I'm shocked that you were lynched, and it certainly wasn't for your play.

I'd love to play with you again sometime. I"m currently taking a short hiatus from Mafia for the next month or so, until I get my schedule back in order, but I hope our paths cross again.

Honestly, as annoying as some points in this game were, it was really freaking cool, and I want to say thanks to the mod for pulling this together, and thanks to all the players involved. Special thanks to the dead thread for taking what could have been something problematic, and being really freaking awesome. Wish I could nominate it for something too. :P

More thoughts later.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7322 (isolation #94) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Yeah. I get where you're at pal, believe me, even if I'm not in the same place. I guess it's just better to laugh at the mess than cry, y'know? If it helps, if I weren't accidentally killed via error, scum might have won legitimately. :/

Don't know. Just isn't worth getting mad about, y'know?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7339 (isolation #95) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Nah, I'm just asking you to be the cool guy Kuribo, not RageKuribo.

Like I said, I very much understand where you're at. It's just not helpful to yell, y'know? It's better to let the game die if that's all it's doing for you though, isn't it?

Sorry, just my 0.2. I won't interject again, but you're a cool guy, and it sucks to watch this play out. :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7349 (isolation #96) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by VysePresident »

...I agree that some things could probably have been better handled differently. I think this is less Nik being aggressive, and more defensive. They've been getting a fair bit of stuff thrown at them, and regardless of whether or not it's fair, it has to suck, y'know?

Don't know. Either way, it's not worth it, like Molla said.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7350 (isolation #97) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by VysePresident »

I'd join with you if I weren't taking a break & I could endure the erotica :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7403 (isolation #98) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 7402, Bulbazak wrote:Titus, what happened to your hat?

This. :(

#NevertheSame
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7404 (isolation #99) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Plot, I'd love to hydra with you sometime. Catch me when my break is over, okay?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7409 (isolation #100) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 7372, Voidedmafia wrote:
vonflare wrote:Sodium hypobromate

Okay, this was good. I'll give you props for that, von.

Yup. I loved this so much.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7410 (isolation #101) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Here's the link to Plotinus's nominations, if you're interested in adding to the chorus. :)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7411 (isolation #102) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

While we're calling hydras, I'd actually like to do one with you sometime down the road, Titus. I'm interested in figuring you out a bit better, and I think that could be fun for both of us.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7413 (isolation #103) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Also, I've ranted about this before, but I just want to say, every single reason Copper scumread me for was wrong. :P

'True' lurking is actually almost a screaming Towntell for me - not that I like to play that way as Town, nor do I normally do so, but it's so much easier for me to fake a case than to make a real one, and I hate leaving a thread out of my control so much as scum. (I have confidence issues, among other things :P ) Apologizing is simply the norm for me. I actually did have stuff that was demanding my time. Literally everything he did was confbiasing me for scumreading him, I'm pretty sure. (A read that was initially very much a legitimate one, and even at the end, there was still a fair bit of doubt.

It was annoying as I'll get out, and funny at the same time.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7416 (isolation #104) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Hrm, I always thought it was the other way.

Thanks for the correction! :)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7418 (isolation #105) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 7415, Titus wrote:Sometimes that happens. I feel Singer's initial reasons for scumreading me made no sense, yet her dogged determination really threw things off for us. While her initial reason was shit, her follow through and coffin pushing was good. I think cooper's play here was similar but less forceful.

I have pulled that bulletproof gambit and only caught scum before this game. Sigh.

Honestly, if you don't mind my 0.02, I think you're on the right track to getting better, but I think it'd help if you'd keep in mind that no scumtell is perfect, and it's best to frequently check & revise even if the other person isn't being logical. I've noticed that both you & Math have a tendency towards death tunnels that might have some merit, but you two don't reconsider easily, to put it mildly. (I'm bringing Math up mostly because you have an outside perspective on her, compared to yourself.)

Actually, part of the reason I want to hydra with you is that I'm a chronic self-doubter, and you're at the other extreme, and we're both moving closer to the middle. I'm curious to see what happens with that. :P
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7425 (isolation #106) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Mmm, I find it's less about 'what' they're feeling so much as 'why'. That's what tends to work the best for me.

Honestly, I think there's nothing nearly as damaging to the Town as the average Townie. :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7444 (isolation #107) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Post by VysePresident »

1) I kinda agree in regards to insulting other players. Honestly, while I can brush that stuff off most of the time, I find that the single most difficult factor in getting friends to join is the general atmosphere of the site. There are a bunch of cool people here, but there's some egos (real or fake) that make it a lot less fun on occasion, and it's a tense game anyway.

2) What Death did was completely unsportsmanlike & problematic as well. It doesn't justify the original insult, but he definitely crossed a line in regards to self-control that makes it very difficult for me to sympathize with him.

3) I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish by jumping in a thread you didn't play in, to berate the players as a whole for this incident. I mean, whatever your intentions are, you're throwing sparks freely around a potential fuel fire. I don't think this is the most constructive way to go about things.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7452 (isolation #108) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 7447, BROseidon wrote:
IT'S ALMOST AS IF MAFIA IS A HEATED AND EMOTIONAL GAME SOMETIMES.

It's also as if this philosophy is trying to curtail a valid strategy to turn mafia into a robot/logic game.[/quote]

For what my 0.2's worth, I'm not very fond of fanning the flames for the sake of reactions. I think the person should generally be valued more than the game, y'know? (Which isn't to say I'll refuse to lynch someone just because they're melting down. Just that I try to avoid bringing them to that point where possible.)

Once again, just my two cents.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7473 (isolation #109) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 7469, BRantz wrote:I would like to appologize to both BC and Plot about the last day, my real life became very hectic and the game suffered because of it. Thank you Not_Mafia for being willing to replace me in that situation, and I am sorry Cuttlefish for making you have to do so. This game was a lot of fun, and there were many twists that were interesting.

I pushed Vonflare so hard because I was hoping that you guys would target me early on because of it. That all kind of got screwed with when I had to use some of my psuedocides in the early game though. Good game everyone.

Yeah, I kinda figured that was your strategy after I got the spoilers.

The thing is, nobody actually seriously worried me in the early game all that much, with the possible exception of Copper. (Who I was fairly comfortable going into a 1v1 with.) I wanted to use the kills to take care of players I wasn't comfortable with in early game, which was anyone who wasn't in my list of people I could manipulate or use to some degree. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone with my first instinct to target Narnian. Things might have played out a little differently then. :P

(Somebody brought up a Newbie game where he was relatively active & loud as Town. I'd actually seen that one before, when I was considering replacing into the slot, and I figured Narnian was either a PR playing coy, or scum in this game due to the difference in his playstyle. Once he claimed so easily, that really should have been a big neon warning for me, but I was too busy figuring out how I was going to tackle Copper at that point.)

I was scumreading you hard, and felt you were an easy lynch at that point anyway, up until the stupid suicider thing threw me for a loop. :P Besides, while I don't like to go out of my way for WIFOM kills, I figured I'd leave you alone in favor of taking out other useful targets that were more likely to be misread.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7474 (isolation #110) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by VysePresident »

@Plot - It's kinda the same for me, except I've learned to stick with two games. (Preferably one, up until I've gotten familiar with it.)

I think I'm at my best when I'm borderline to obsessing over a game. I get to know the thread almost by memory, and can generally get a pretty good idea of how people think. I used to have a really good track record for finding scum, back on my homesite. (It helped a lot that I knew everyone there pretty well, though, and played a bunch of games with mostly the same people.) I'm still learning some of the ropes here, though.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7482 (isolation #111) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:58 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 7475, Piratecat wrote:I like vyse.

I like you :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”