Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

I'm not really seeing the question = scum thing. Certainly not enough to justify PeregrineV's reaction.

Personally, I'm just happy to see so many other pokemon avatars.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Gratuitous »

@Prolapsed: You get a +1 for historical facts from me, but do you have any thoughts on the game itself.

I'm not in love with Oversoul's repeated pushing of the IC plan/thing, especially as a look at the set-up wiki proves it to be incorrect.

To answer the Elusive/TBB thing, no I am not an alt acct.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Gratuitous »

BananaFrog #290 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtop ... 6#p7109736

Perhaps, If it'd had only been suggested once, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but having suggested it multiple times, it's enough that I feel the need to continue to keep a heavy eye on Oversoul.

Outside of that I'm looking at:
Peregrine, who's beginning I was not a fan of at all, and hasn't done much to rectify that.

Prolapsed: Who hasn't posted much at all in the way of content

Bulbazoor: Who's recent play makes me content not to move my previously RVS vote off of him
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Gratuitous »

@MaxwellPucket: If you don't think Muffin is scum at the end of your posts 411/412, who do you think is scum?
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:55 am

Post by Gratuitous »

@Oversoul #426: I know it happens, but after a person got town-read for something similar in one my earliest games, it's a bit once bitten, twice shy for me atm
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 445, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:
Look at these noncontroversial reads.

Its like ... who can I call scummy to appear to be scumhunting but without actually doing anything?

Lets see, elusive already paved the way for calling PV scummy, check.

Prolapse is a super boring lurker, check.

Bulb is already taking heat and barely fighting back, check!

Or if you were actually reading, I've been critical of Peregrine since #130, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your story-telling
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 457, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:
In post 450, Gratuitous wrote:Or if you were actually reading, I've been critical of Peregrine since #130, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your story-telling

I think its pretty clear that I've been reading the thread, lol.

The truth is that your reads are all extremely non-controversial and post is even more of that.....nothing controversial. First you just disagree with his approach. Then you say that PV looks unjustified without actually commenting on his alignment or delving into his post at all. To sum that gem up, we get a sudden change of traction from "Pv might be weird maybe" to "Personally, I'm just...." which kind of waves away the previous part of the post. Ya no.

If I weren't a hydra, I'd be voting this right now.

If you really paying attention, you would see that the second part of #130 was a subtle response to Atum's avatar question, the same question the Peregrine overreacted about that caused me to develop my read on him.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Gratuitous »

I think it was an overreaction because he specifically worded it as "the most suspicious thing in the thread," which to me looks like he's trying to make a large issue over it on something to me is still early enough at that point to be a pretty null event.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 468, Muffin wrote:
In post 465, Gratuitous wrote:I think it was an overreaction because he specifically worded it as "the most suspicious thing in the thread," which to me looks like he's trying to make a large issue over it on something to me is still early enough at that point to be a pretty null event.

why does that make him more likely to be scum than town

Because I try and think of the why he reacts that way and phrases it the way he does, and the most likely conclusion to me is that he is trying to do something that looks like he's hunting, when in reality it's nothing big.

In post 474, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 445, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:
Doesn't your scumlist also include Bulba? As well as Klingoncelt and Gratuitous?

Hmmm
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Gratuitous »

Well, that quote didn't work. That line was Maxwell responding to QTP
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:43 am

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 577, Oversoul wrote:
In post 569, Muffin wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: oversoul

In post 556, Oversoul wrote:Gonna be a hard sell to convince me that post is why Klingon is scum. :|
That would be a brilliant ploy by the mafia.

This implies you find klingon's post to be a townpost.

Then you vote klingon not because you are scumreading her, but because "the wagon has good composition"? And in preference to TriforceP who you said you were scumreading?

Yes.

In post 570, MaxwellPuckett wrote:You said getting you to vote Klingon would be a hard sell, but one vote + explanation later and now you like the wagon.

PEDIT: Muffin was faster than me.

Yes.

You have a more in depth reasoning than that?
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Gratuitous »

@Titus & Players: I will be V/LA for about 48 hours starting late tomorrow afternoon (Thurs aft-Sat aft)
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 585, Oversoul wrote:
In post 580, Gratuitous wrote:
In post 577, Oversoul wrote:
In post 569, Muffin wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: oversoul

In post 556, Oversoul wrote:Gonna be a hard sell to convince me that post is why Klingon is scum. :|
That would be a brilliant ploy by the mafia.

This implies you find klingon's post to be a townpost.

Then you vote klingon not because you are scumreading her, but because "the wagon has good composition"? And in preference to TriforceP who you said you were scumreading?

Yes.

In post 570, MaxwellPuckett wrote:You said getting you to vote Klingon would be a hard sell, but one vote + explanation later and now you like the wagon.

PEDIT: Muffin was faster than me.

Yes.

You have a more in depth reasoning than that?

Yes.

Such as?
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Gratuitous »

Back from V/LA and starting to catch-up. Looks like the thread kicked into high gears based on the page #'s

In post 1008, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 997, Plotinus wrote:
In post 938, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: klingon

Wagon

This game looks toxic as fuck

how much of the game thread have you read before placing this vote and is the toxic comment related to your klingon vote? You say wagon but there are other wagons too and many of them are of similar size. Why is this the wagon you’re happiest joining at this moment in time?

—Plotinus

I've only read the mod iso

Klingon is the biggest wagon so I sheeped it

Why did you feel the need to vote before catching up?
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 1150, singersigner wrote:I can't tell if Bulb is scum or massively shortsighted/newb. Does anyone have any experience with him?

Also, I know I'm only on page 16+recent posts, but right now I'd be ok with an Atum, Firebringer, TBB, or mastin lynch.

Any lurkers would also be acceptable: Grib, Gratuitous, ZZZX, PV, PB...all have under 25 posts. q_q

I'm leaning towards the former on Bulbazoor frankly. It just feels like he's pushing so hard for approval over results looking through his ISO. His constant use of "I" seems a little self-concious
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 1163, Bulbazoor wrote:Oh and singer, did you forget that there is a such thing as newbie 1616? Are you scum purposefully ignoring that fact. Or did you forget? I was scum and you were town. Another one of ky scum games. Compare me to that also. You also get the chance to compare singer in that game.

Grat, why are you just hopping on me when you express stronger reads on other people? Is this you as scum trying to jump on a bandwagon. Lucky for you though, you are one of my suspects.

Singer, mastin was pretty obvious as town in thise first posts. I find scum hard to fake an emotional wall post like that. I doubt that scum would even come up with that. So why are you know trying to get a new mislynch? So you moved on from elusive?

Flub, what ARE your thoughts on thr playerlist?

Just hopping on you? I've been scum-reading you for a while, and my vote is on you...
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

EBWOP: Grib #425
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

My primary town reads are Banana Frog, Muffin, and Maxwell whose thought processes seem the most logical to me from a town perspective.

Outside of you, Bulbazoor, my primary scum read is Triforce who 1) his ISO case on Prolapsed in #676 reads strangely to me, like he was floating a trial balloon without really committing to a read on it. I get a similar feeling from #1148, which strikes me as him subtly pushing for a mislynch wagon without committing his vote to it. Next, his #626 & #802 feel role-fishy. Additionally I don't like #612 where he tries to tie together Klingon and Oversoul while Klingon is under pressure. Possibly setting up a day 2 mislynch?
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:44 am

Post by Gratuitous »

Apologies for my absence, had some serious RL stuff pop up Monday. Just got home from work and about to crash, will be back this aft.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Gratuitous »

Well, that was an interesting wagon that developed in my absence. Why I am I not surprised to see my two biggest scum reads (Bulba & Triforce) jumping on the wagon late with little reasoning (Bulba) or Triforce's #1318 where he sounds more concerned about a mislynch than solving, and then in #1329 he then jumps on the wagon when the only thing that had changed is that a person he had been scum-reading and voting for a long stretch of the day (Bulba), jumps on. that seems rather contrived to me.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Gratuitous »

For the rest of he people voting me. I'm still reading Banana Frog and Muffin hard town, and to me Flubbernugget's thought process has been pretty transparent, so I'm going lean town.

I'm in two minds on TBB, as admittedly the game has slowed so there's something to be said for trying to re-ignite it, but I didn't like how he(they?) were trying to almost force people onto a wagon to end the day. That itself feels anti-town, and opening the door for scum to get on a mis-lynch wagon without having to explain their votes is never a good thing.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Gratuitous »

As for the remainder I'm more inclined to believe the QTP's continued tunnel on me is townish, and I'm not really sure on Firestarter & Prolapsed (@Prolapsed, any chance you can follow up on the read-list mentioned in #1129?)
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1607 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 1603, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 1601, mastin2 wrote:Gumball's reaction is probably town, regardless of Kling/Gratuitous's alignments.

Doesn't stop it from being irritating. (Even though you're probably wrong.)

Now that you're back, any chance for the read-wall you mentioned in #1129?
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1611 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

In post 1554, Atum wrote:

(snip)

Anyway, I think Blastoise-guy is town. He sounds towny, like this guy Zenzao from my homesite. I don't like the weird focus on wagons here, especially D1, extra especially such a ridiculously long D1 so I kinda hate most of the reasons people have voted him, which I can't recall specifically, but seem to come generally from a place of apathy, and a lack of regard for 'useless' players. Which is stupid, because every townie is useful in a game where we lose when the population of the town=the scumteam. To me, that's a scummy mindset, but too many people have shown it for it to be alignment indicative.

You've summed up my feeling on this game to a T here about how this game feels compared to my home site. Of course in my last game there I was mechanically proved cop and still got scum-read by a town player so who knows...

In post 1574, The Blue Blur wrote:Its because I sympathize for Kling being wagoned as such and being pissed for it.

It seriously looks like frustrated town than lolidc scum.

In post 1579, The Blue Blur wrote:*Impatiently taps foot*

Yep...

Preview-edit:
@TBB #1609: Given that I'm town, and know that Mastin is incorrect with that statement, I don't particularly give it any credence, especially to quote Mastin's own words in #1581 are, "does vaguely support the idea of it being dueling scum-scum wagons."

How exactly do you go from your post above in which you say you think Klingon looks like frustrated town to pushing Mastin's theory of Klingon and I being scum together?

I'm more inclined to believe either your theory (from #1587) that there's one scum between the two of us (though if it is true, you're on the wrong wagon), or Muffin's theory (from #1588) that both of us are town.
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Gratuitous »

As for my thoughts on Klingon, I'm going to run an ISO on her either before I go to work tonight, or otherwise tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”