Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Kalimar »

Notscience might be town, Varsoon might be town. Maybe Vahlen too, maybe Bulbazak. I thought Suzune was scum momentarily, then I changed my mind.

Nostalgia Critic might be scum.

Vote: Nostalgia
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:09 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 147, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 80, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
In post 77, Ankamius wrote:VOTE: Nicole Mimi Tithel

In post 79, Ankamius wrote:^scum too

Why on both of these?

In post 144, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
Vote: Ankamius

This looks pretty hypocritical.

I don't necessarily agree. Is hypocrisy scummy?
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:12 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 172, Maxous wrote:
In post 156, Kalimar wrote:Notscience might be town, Varsoon might be town. Maybe Vahlen too, maybe Bulbazak. I thought Suzune was scum momentarily, then I changed my mind.

Nostalgia Critic might be scum.

Vote: Nostalgia

come on

vote: kalimar

give me better than this

Scorpious might also be town. ~
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:18 am

Post by Kalimar »

@TNC: The juxtaposition of 'I'm sure his buddies will wagon me' with the persona full of bravado just didn't feel quite right. Felt pre-emptively defensive and the bravado just doesn't feel true.

If I may ask, what was the point of this alt?
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 184, Hopkirk wrote:
Not necessarily scummy in all cases. When it's saying something is scummy, then doing the same thing, then scrop's right- it looks inconsistent/like they're just willing to make stuff up if their opinion of whether something's scummy changes based on who it is.

I could have phrased my question better. Was it scummy in this instance, and if not, why did you mention it?
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:41 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 209, Vedith wrote:
In post 166, Sakura Hana wrote:>notty's called obvtown in every game where he's not scum since his meta's black and white.

You go from high confidence of this (keeping in mind he has only posted 5 times, and I find it hard to believe that someone is that easy to read as scum so early)...

In post 196, Sakura Hana wrote:In post 189, Scorpious wrote:
And I will ask you again. Are you willing to admit that your read on Notscience could be inaccurate?

Right now yes, could be, i'm fairly confident in my ability to read him over the course of the game tho.

...To a kind of get out of jail card. If Notscience is so easy to read, why is your confidence dropping each time people pressure you with it?

This feels like a fairly uncharitable interpretation of the progression, though I can sort of see how it might have come about.

I guess my question would be this - what would Sakura Hana's scum motive be in admitting there's room for doubt in the read but that the read will probably be maintained anyway?
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 220, Doctor Vahlen wrote:At the risk of sounding stupid, what is the alt gimmick? The man is annoying but I don't see what Jaquen has to do wtih the game.

Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 266, Suzune wrote:
Whether Nostalgic Critics posting style was annoying and obvious an alt.-
This ship might already have sailed but I thought I would weight in. It does not bother me much the gifs.
His posts seem to have substance and be worth reading
so I personally do not mind the style.

Please elaborate on this.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 410, The Nostalgia Critic wrote:
I dont think NS and Sakura are scum together (pending multiball). Thats the problem there, so do I bump Sakura up or NS? NS if he is scum like I believe is going to survive no matter what he does because he is good at playing to people he knows (see: The way he treats the IC, thats the best way to go). Sakura hasnt been any better either.

Another issue I seen is that I hate all three of the current wagons (Valen, Nicole, Varsoon). I do think they are town, and no its not a buddy issue, its just that I feel like they are town. Some people think Vedith is scum for listening to reason and voting NS, which is just more evidence that NS is a powerful manipulator and Vedith has no expierence with NS, otherwise she would have shrugged it off.

I seriously dont know this Ankamis character. I have no expierence with him and I am not sure why knowing or not knowing him would affect ones read. Maxous is scummy for thinking thats valid basis for scumreading someone.

My primary experience of notscience scum was in VisCon Crossroads where he did just about nothing all game, botched his fakeclaim and put up no defense whatsoever when pushed to be lynched, so I'm naturally a bit skeptical of the 'notscience is a master manipulator' line. (He could have improved since then, I grant.) Can you link any games where he's been really good as scum?

Maxous had scumread Ankamius for unnatural conclusions that felt overly absolute. I don't get how that connects with your critique.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 422, RapidEyeMovement wrote:@Hopkirk, there wasn't a whole lot in between the TNC argument. From everything I saw, Doctor and Flameaxe looks town. While I disagree with one of Doctor's points that I was being buddied by Varsoon, the stance on the NS/TNC I was in agreement with.

I'm not liking Capd for saying he won't get lynched this game. That kind of taunt makes me kinda wary. I'm also not liking Sakura at all for giving this many meta reads so quickly. Seems a bit much.

This is all really shallow.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 434, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:I'm catching up, but there's one thing I gotta say first: What in the hell does Metal Sonic think he's doing posting literally nothing but pictures of Saki Miyanaga? Play the damn game, plz and thx.

In post 435, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:

My other major thought is that Kalimar could be scum. As an example of why, compare the way he's playing this to the way
anyone else who's lurking is
; most people drop off reasoning behind their reads, actually attempt to accomplish stuff, interact with people etc. Meanwhile, all we got from him were very milquetoast reads. You could argue was something, I guess, but it didn't really fit with what his reads actually were; if he was following the thread enough to be able to post something like that, why *not* attempt to explain more where you're coming from with the reads you do have?

I'd like if some people could comment on my points re Nostalgia Critic in particular.

Anyone
else?

It's not just MS.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:15 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 454, The Nostalgia Critic wrote:
In post 447, Kalimar wrote:
In post 266, Suzune wrote:
Whether Nostalgic Critics posting style was annoying and obvious an alt.-
This ship might already have sailed but I thought I would weight in. It does not bother me much the gifs.
His posts seem to have substance and be worth reading
so I personally do not mind the style.

Please elaborate on this.

So you arent reading my posts? Thats the only reason you could only say that. My posts have been full of content and IDK why people are thinking Im just fluffing everywhere. This is bad.

Let Suzune answer.

TNC wrote:
Kalimar wrote:@TNC: The juxtaposition of 'I'm sure his buddies will wagon me' with the persona full of bravado just didn't feel quite right. Felt pre-emptively defensive and the bravado just doesn't feel true.

If I may ask, what was the point of this alt?

The way people have been scumreading Vedith and I for our opinions says otherwise.

What's Vedith got to do with it?

Also, awaits your response.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Kalimar »

Dodging.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 481, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
In post 453, Kalimar wrote:Anyone else?

It's not just MS.

It served mostly to show what my point was (that it felt more like you were attempting to coast and ask questions for the purpose of looking busy, rather than game solving), rather than being a direct comparison.

That said, I haven't minded your latest series of posts.

It was one question at that time, and I hadn't been here to follow anything up.

I don't want to get mired in semantics, but I get the impression that you were either holding me to higher standards than you perhaps should, or your reasoning was fabricated.

I haven't decided which.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 491, Suzune wrote:I am uncertain what you want to hear. I have not played with Nostalgic Critic before, however I come from a site with much more annoying game behaviors. Therefore, his style does not bother me and I read his posts for all their context. It is important to read other people's posts in full so that you can analyze their behavior and their opinions.

I was hoping (without specifically having to point to what I was looking for) that you'd elaborate on what you liked so I could get more of a sense of whether you were okay with his style or whether you actually thought his posting was town-motivated. It caught my eye because it would have been a natural time to make a more concrete judgment of the content you'd read, or something that actually showed you had read what you said you did.

I'm back to thinking you're town following the most recent pages, so it's whatever.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Kalimar »

I don't have a lot else to say. I don't really like TNC's where he implies he has detailed thoughts but is only willing to share them if he isn't likely to be lynched. It smacks of reducing associative information. He also still needs to get real about a couple of things.

Still fine with that vote.

If I had to move elsewhere, either REM or Hopkirk would be fine.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Kalimar »

Vedith's been on quite a bit since his V/LA ended. I don't know why he isn't sharing the love here.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 855, The Nostalgia Critic wrote:
In post 851, Citrinitas wrote:dude we literally know you're salamence. Playing dumb here is just turning from annoying to fucking sad

above @tnc

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoN
oNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoN
o
NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo

-.-
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Kalimar »

@REM: I think you have crossed wires - you're attributing a quote I made to Ankamius.

Why is Hopkirk a null for you?
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Kalimar »

In post 939, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:I haven't read what I missed yet, but 2 things that are fairly apparent from looking at the VC:

1. Scum!REM should have voted Nostalgia Critic by now if Nostalgia Critic is town (the alternative is that both wagons are on scum which I don't think is the case).

2. *If* Nostalgia Critic is scum, I am taking a good hard look at {Varsoon, notscience, Hopkirk, Suzune} for scum next. This is partly a mental note to focus on their votes when I catch up with the rest of the game.

I think 1 is a decent point.

REM did have TNC in his scum reads list, which may have been foreshadowing an eventual vote change, but his relative lack of survivalism so far is a slight point in his favour.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Kalimar »

I don't have time for this today.

I'll be on before deadline if a vote change is needed.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4441 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Kalimar »

yay, i win

that was all me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”