pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4058 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:37 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4048, Sakura Hana wrote:Nicole might as well be a lyncher at this point.

OK

Listen the fuck up.

You have no right to say something like this. I let you lynch Cabd without interfering with it. You were wrong, and I told you starting from yesterday that we had to lynch MS today because his play makes no sense coming from town. Did it ever occur to you that the reason I'm pushing so hard is simply because ... his play (and claim; he's going to walk in here and make a bunch of posts saying "OMG pushing me as scum for claim", but his claim makes no fucking sense, and I find it necessary to keep bringing this up because people like ... you ... forget about it) is actually fucking nonsense? Did it ever occur to you that, outside of him, no one makes any sense as mafia? That is why I'm pushing so hard: BECAUSE I HAVE A FUCKING REASON FOR IT.

Even outside of reads, mafia is strongly POE'd at this point. It's not me, Aces or you, it probably isn't Suzune, and ... Fire ... *could* be mafia but I don't think it's particularly likely.

And no, I am clearly attempting to game solve here. If you so much as ... read my posts ... you would have seen that I actually think a Suzune lynch as opposed to a MS one has the best chance of winning the game.

So, no. I can't believe I need to say this to YOU of all people, but it's god fucking awful that you try to discredit me AGAIN for no fucking reason despite me being right the whole game and you railroading a lynch on Cabd for "stalling", which I tried to tell you was awful while you were doing it. I can go through this entire game and write up why his play doesn't make any sense and why his interactions point to him being scum, but it'd probably take me a good 2 or 3 hours and I don't want it handwave dismissed by you like the rest of my fucking posts and it *really* shouldn't be necessary unless you think anyone else makes any sense as mafia.

In post 4044, Sakura Hana wrote:Also i still think it's better to try and lynch the SK today because:
1) There's no guarantee that there's living mafia.
2) Even if there's living mafia lynching the SK removes the doubt since game will continue instead of ending.
3) It also removes an extra NK.
4) It also prevents the possible kingmaker scenario and at that point it would be Last Mafia vs Town and we can start trying to hunt with that in mind.

It's basically guaranteed 5 mafia. If MS is town, which 4 mafia necessitates, his role is op as hell assuming it's actually played correctly; 4 scum wouldn't be balanced against it.

Lynching mafia will also take a kill out of the game and prevent the kingmaker scenario.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4428 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by pieguyn »

no lynch d7 was entirely to account for edge cases that wouldn't have been covered otherwise with a suzune lynch; i could, for instance, have imagined a 15-5-1 scenario where suzune had 1x bulletproof which got burned on n3 or n6, or a scenario where suzune had bulletproof, misshoots scum and scum misses their kill. lynching on that day only wins in 16-4-1, while no lynching wins in 16-4-1 and some other scenarios, hence it was strictly better. i wanted as little discussion as possible that day phase in order to avoid making it obvious who to shoot and it kind of happened due to aces gambiting but not really in the way i would have preferred it to happen

i don't regret lynching ms over suzune d6 although i do regret how i went about it. ms claim was entirely ms' fault. the entire reason d6 played out the way it did was because the claim was obviously fucking fake. and fuck using it as a gambit. "clearing obv town and boxing scum in" is a bullshit excuse when you could just as easily ... town hunt normally, and not to mention, scum was entirely fucked anyway without the "aid" of your claim. i and others were town reading you based on play d1/d2 entirely outside of the claim so that kiiiinda should be an indication that you don't have to bullshit a claim to push your reads. don't do that in any game i'm in from now on or i will be hesitant to sign up for any future games you're in

the game was won on d6 as soon as suzune claimed (since i was saying "fuck it" and forcing a suzune lynch next regardless of the outcome of d6. this is kiiiiinda why i kept bringing up on d6 that this was necessary if we were to leave suzune alive) so i don't really know what people in the dead pt were going on about in terms of suzune potentially winning near the end or the game being "pushed to lylo"

In post 4414, Bulbazak wrote:My team wanted to kill Pie on n2, but I talked them out of it. I figured that Pie dying at that point in the game, before the IC or obv. role claims, would signal to town that he was a threat, and the first thing you guys would do is look at her reads. It was too big of a risk. I had planned on playing my way out of it and muddying the waters to make a Pie kill safer on a later night, but unfortunately, I was killed before I could put that plan into action.

if i was alive d3 and you hadn't been nk'ed, i woulda been on you until you were dead so i kind of hope this wouldn't have happened. you're correct to say it would have been a huge red flag if i ended up dead on n2 despite not having a pr, though, so you were kind of fucked regardless of what you did. it's kind of funny you all wound up shooting the enabler for your own team's role instead, though :P

it was nice actually surviving all the way to the end of the game for once
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4429 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2101, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:Anyway, I'm going to sleep, nya.

Current people of concern for me are:
Ank
Bulba
Not Mafia
Sco
, and
TTH
. I should have more after I wake up.

i think this is the closest to perfect accuracy i'll ever get in a game of this size (from d2)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4449 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:49 am

Post by pieguyn »

hey titus, was my read on you this game better than it was the last game we played?

:P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”