Three-Pronged Trouser God Mafia GAME OVER- Happy Ending?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6245 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by kuribo »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63008 for the dead PT

The neighbor PTs and scum PTs will be up and about soon too
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6250 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by kuribo »

A big thanks to everyone that replaced in or stayed to the end. You guys were the real MVPs to me <3

I can honestly say that this wasn't a boring experience. There were times when I wanted to brutally murder some of you. Other times when you surprised the hell out of me. All-in-all, I felt like the balance worked out well. Probably better that some of our more out-there ideas didnt get in.

Yes, there were two cops that searched for factions that didn't exist. (Anal Aliens and Weredickwolves) The fact that the SK could redirect the Anal Aliens kill was pretty much just forcing him to take a night off from redirecting. There's a lot more, but one of us will have to post all of the role PMs, probably tomorrow.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6251 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6248, Jaqen Hghar wrote:LIES! THE MOD LIES! I WAS TOWN! ;)

dramonic told fresh literally on the first page of the Pruddite PT "There's a non-zero chance your neighbor is on the other scum team"

Fresh was more obvious because he slipped in his first post and you pretended like you didn't see it

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6257 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6253, Spiffeh wrote:Thanks for modding I loved reading the flavor

T-Bone and I started planning the sequel before the game was even completed. I came up with two storylines, one if Jaqen won, and one if town won.

PEdit @ Jaqen: And thank you for sticking around until the end :)

PEdit @
Lady Serene
DGB: Well, you did tell me before replacing in that you weren't going to read the previous pages lol

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6260 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6259, Jaqen Hghar wrote:I was nervous using it but at that point i really wanted to make an overall point. I knew Void had used it even though I didn't read any of his posts. I suggested he use it.

But if anyone had realized you'd done that, they'd have known 1) that you never called voided out for claiming "your" role, and 2) the only place you could have gotten that claim was from the scum PT

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6275 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:47 am

Post by kuribo »

The guilty on Imperium that people still questioned toward the end was sent to DGB by imperium themselves.

Constantine was 2-shot, dying on the third. He used one of them trying to make himself a third party,which was considered game breaking. He tried to use it later to become a sensor, but sent the action in after the night deadline. This did not count as an attempt since deadline had passed. He finally used it successfully Coroner'ing Imperium (which helped obviously). His final attempt was to cop... Jaqen? I think? He got a guilty, but also overdosed and died.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6279 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:00 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 6276, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 6275, kuribo wrote:was sent to DGB by imperium themselves.

why???

I questioned that myself until I saw what they had been doing

I think they had intended to try and conftown themselves by making it look like there was an amnesiac cop who had opposite sanity on odd/even nights. They didn't know how many cops there were, if any, but they could be almost certain there wasn't an Opposite Night Amnesiac Cop because who would use that in a game?

Okay so it totally sounds like something that would be in this game

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6280 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:09 am

Post by kuribo »

The game was heavily balanced toward negative utility and useless roles. Only a handful of the town's powers were completely useful and almost every single one had a downside to it.

Setup speculating was pretty LOL at some points.

Blue team had more power than red, but blue had a cop that looked for them specifically. The serial killer could select Anally violated as a kill flavor, but that was just a way to force them to take a night off from killing. We really liked the idea of a third party being able to redirect scum kills, and I think it worked out well.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6282 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:17 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 6281, Gorkington wrote:it almost made red team win.
is what it did.

I said in the dead PT, I still feel like Jaqen could have won if he'd just played it cool and gone with no-lynch, but it's hard to say. You were doubly confirmed town (vanillaized by red, plus doc protected), DGB is always a wild card at endgame, and Warped was fairly determined. In the end, I think that Jaqen just ran out of nights to make good kill targets. He played really well though.

I felt like Jaqen did a great job completely alienating fresh from the town. He went on the attack when he needed to and looked great coming out of it. I probably would have left dram alive one more night to help with killing, but I think Jaqen either got worried dram would shoot him first or became paranoid that dram had a guilty on him because of dram's push. I forget which.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6296 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 6295, T-Bone wrote:Well then we'd humiliate you and give town the win by forfeit.

I legit want this to be a rule for the games I mod

"If all anti-town factions fail to reach their win condition, the town wins."

I don't believe in joint scum wins.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6326 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by kuribo »

Fun fact:

The final word count for this game's flavor is 7,695. About the length of an erotic short story.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”