Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 400, Kuroko Network wrote:
In post 397, Wisdom wrote:
In post 392, Kuroko Network wrote:There's a reason why it's spoilered. I don't like people reading my private messages.

You're still not answering my question. If you are aware that Tammy obvtowns, shouldn't you be seeing she is obvious town here? Why the "I don't know if you are town or scum" part?

That's not mutually exclusive. She hasn't obvtowned yet.

What were you specifically trying to understand with your question?

This isn't a bad question to ask, actually.

Also, when you say Tammy hasn't 'obvtowned' yet, do you mean you don't have a town read on her, you have a scum read on her or you think she looks town but not 'obvtown'?

In post 401, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 398, Kuroko Network wrote:I'd expect town to at least say "Oh, and Kuroko is scum", or "I agree with Tammy's points" before making that vote. However, his subsequent statement does not have any link whatsoever to any reasoning for his vote.

Oh ok, that makes sense.
Still you could've asked tho...

True, but asking questions is for dumb people. Didn't they ever teach you that in school?

In post 402, Fluff Central wrote:Bins is here at last and has about an hour!

Engage her!

But I hardly know you. Surely it's far too early to get engaged.

In post 403, Luna Fox wrote:

Engage her!

How about some reads?
Do you agree with my vote on you and reasons?
Do you agree with kuruko's vote and reasons?

I don't really know what you were hoping to achieve by asking that second question, seeing as there probably aren't a lot of people who would agree with votes on themselves, but I assume you meant to ask what they felt about it?

For the record, I am not particularly thrilled by Fluff Central votes at this point and I don't really think Kuroko's vote has a solid foundation, either.

As far as my own reads go, I don't have one on the majority of the player list and the ones I do have I would not call very strong.

I feel decent about it being more likely than not that you, Oil Tycoons, Konowa, Perpetual Nonsense and Kamigami are town (in no particular order of strength). I feel it's slightly less likely but still more likely than not that Fluff Central, Ika Zaru and maybe Kuroko are town. Kuroko is... one that I'm tossing around in my head for a couple of reasons at the moment. Ika zaru is something I probably wouldn't be able to back up very well if asked to justify it.

Most of the rest of the game I don't feel one way or another about yet. I really do not like the way Tammy has approached the game so far, I am worried by Medea's complete lack of content despite multiple posts and I haven't really liked anything Wall of Fire has written so far. Outside of them, I have very minor pings from some opening posts but nothing substantial enough that I could say I've formed a read yet.

In post 404, Kuroko Network wrote:
In post 399, Luna Fox wrote:Then why don't you just simply ask?
Also ftr the only reason i'd have to believe Wisdom of being town is his response towards your read on Tammy, imo everything he's posted is null since unexplained reads can be done by anyone.

His mistake has been made, and scum slips are by definition, done unwittingly.

We catch players' mistakes upon them committing it, not by rectifying it later.

You and I both know that Wisdom, if scum, is able to weasel out of something as simple as this.

I don't know what mistake you're referring to, but I'm going to assume it's the whole "didn't explain the vote" thing and if so then I don't find it compelling.

In post 405, Fluff Central wrote:
In post 403, Luna Fox wrote:

Engage her!

How about some reads?
Do you agree with my vote on you and reasons?
Do you agree with kuruko's vote and reasons?

Uhm, I haven't really read in depth yet. I can do that now.

I obviously do not agree with you vote on me.

RESKIM TIME.

Well I didn't see that middle line coming. No, wait, I did. I guess I'm psychic.

In post 406, Fluff Central wrote:Every single time I open a new tab incognito logs me out. This is going to be annoying.

Well tell him to stop logging you out. Surely he has better things to do with his time.

In post 407, Kuroko Network wrote:
In post 386, Wisdom wrote:You know she obvtowns as town yet you're not sure if she's town or scum?

I know that she obvtowns as town. That's a fact. General knowledge.

I'm not sure if she's town or scum. That's information specific to this game. Information that I am not privy to. Do you know if she's town? You seem to be insinuating such a thing.

I don't really like this post. The last line in particular is just not good. In any way.

In post 408, Kuroko Network wrote:VOTE: Wisdom

Pieguy can shift the vote back to Fluff Central if she wants to, but for now I believe that I have caught scum-wisdom.

I also don't really think you've caught anything. Your arguments are silly. Extraordinarily so. To the point where I'm trying to figure out how likely it is that a bad guy would make such ridiculous points.

In post 409, Luna Fox wrote:
Also ftr the only reason i'd have to believe Wisdom of being town is his response towards your read on Tammy, imo everything he's posted is null since unexplained reads can be done by anyone.

You and I both know that Wisdom, if scum, is able to weasel out of something as simple as this.

1) Well i tend to always speak my mind, sometimes this comes as "I think X is town" or "I think X is scum", while I usually try to accompany it with a reason, sometimes I forget to mention it, so i don't think someone not mentioning a reason cant be fixed by plain asking them, if they are scum their reasons will be fake.
2) I don't know Wisdom, unless i met him offsite? who are you?

Point (1) here is sensible. And why I don't think there's much to Kuroko's whole Wisdom push.

In post 410, Kuroko Network wrote:

Engage her!

Hello Bins. Welcome to the game.

Please leave your thoughts and reads on the following players:

[Tammy, Oil Tycoons, Wall of Fire, Zelink2, Luna Fox, Wisdom.]

Do ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.

I would love to hear your input.

Why did you ask about this list of players in particular?

In post 411, Kuroko Network wrote:
In post 409, Luna Fox wrote:

1) Well i tend to always speak my mind, sometimes this comes as "I think X is town" or "I think X is scum", while I usually try to accompany it with a reason, sometimes I forget to mention it, so i don't think someone not mentioning a reason cant be fixed by plain asking them, if they are scum their reasons will be fake.
2) I don't know Wisdom, unless i met him offsite? who are you?

*sigh*

Right. You don't know Wisdom. You don't know me, either.

Do you know the scenario where scum try to hop onto a mislynch wagon with a naked vote? A vote without reasoning? Now, Wisdom is performing this by the book, attempting to mouth a sentence about Echo to make it appear like reasoning for the vote, but upon a close read, is actually irrelevant and has no logical flow.

I think it's pretty rare, in reality, that bad guys actually try to hop on a wagon with a naked vote. I also think that naked votes are pretty standard early on in games. I think you're making a big deal out of something that isn't all that big a deal.

In post 412, Wisdom wrote:and you know me?

Can anyone truly know another person?

-cho.

In post 414, Kuroko Network wrote:No, I don't know you. I've never played in a game with Wisdom before. I just looked at your most recent 5 scumgames and deduced that you were scum following your scum meta.

Describe what you think his bad guy meta is.

In post 415, Wisdom wrote:do I explain my reads as town?

Also, this is probably something that should be addressed if it hasn't already. I assume it has, though. Describe why his entrance here isn't like his town games.

In post 416, Fluff Central wrote:

Engage her!

cool! I'm gonna probably do my best to give input on everyone that's posted but I'll pay extra attention to those players now.

This is so formal it makes me giggly.

I feel like you got cheated. Now you have to read my posts. Even I don't want to read my posts. Bad luck.

In post 417, Kuroko Network wrote:(In case people can't follow me, the above post was obviously sarcasm.)

I mean, fuck, you say that you think you know who I am, and you ask a stupid question like that? What is that meant to accomplish?

Right now, it appears that you are asking questions to seem like you are contributing, but in actuality do not advance the gamestate at all and are just merely fluff.

Hmm. I wouldn't agree that he's asking questions to make it seem like he's contributing. The questions he's asking so far clearly have design in them and that design is clearly centred around understanding the motivation behind your actions. I also wouldn't say they are not advancing the game state, though I will say that I don't really care for the round-about way the questions are being asked when direct statements followed by direct questions makes getting to the point a lot quicker.

In post 419, Kuroko Network wrote:
In post 416, Fluff Central wrote:

Engage her!

cool! I'm gonna probably do my best to give input on everyone that's posted but I'll pay extra attention to those players now.

This is so formal it makes me giggly.

As long as you're happy!

:)

Please post a NSFW warning the next time you're going to post an explicit gif like that. Thank you in advance.

In post 420, Kuroko Network wrote:
In post 415, Wisdom wrote:do I explain my reads as town?

Yes, you post a one liner. stating "X is scum" before placing your vote.

You do not attempt to obfuscate by posting a random statement related to the player you're voting that has no link whatsoever.

You're attempting to compensate a reason that is entirely does not make sense with your actions.

Actually, this makes a little more sense in terms of what you were saying about expecting Wisdom to do a little more than put a naked vote down but does nothing to really explain why he's more likely naked vote as a bad guy.

I am also not really a fan of weak meta arguments like this, just because they can be abused by both town and bad guys. And I say abused because I think the amount of times someone is right about something like this are pretty much equivalent to being right about someone by random chance. Though I have nothing to back up this statement other than it sounds about right.

In post 421, Kuroko Network wrote:You continue to obfuscate by pursuing a line of questioning that eventually provide little of value to the overall gamestate.

You have yet to consider the posts of players in a holistic manner and deduce their alignment.

You fail to provide reads on more players despite your self-proclaimed genius at catching scum in the early game.

In short, you're not scumhunting. Ergo, you're scum.

I don't mind aggressive stances like this, but they are also easy to make as either alignment. I am having a not-so-easy time parsing how genuine your attack is here, but I actually don't mind this sort of thing in terms of the overall state of the game. It's probably good stimulus for discussion, so I'll allow it.

In post 422, Wisdom wrote:this is amusing

Do you think it's coming from a bad guy?

In post 423, Kuroko Network wrote:Here is a link to Wisdom's most recent Large Theme non-ongoing scumgame.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=62167

To those of you who were following the game: Do you want this? Do you really want this?

Vote for a better tomorrow. Vote Wisdom.

What am I meant to see here?

In post 424, Wisdom wrote:each time you post you make it more obvious you are who i think you are

And what of it?

On to page eighteen shortly.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6947 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i feel like my walls were crucial to a town victory so i will employ this strategy more often
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6950 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:04 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

only the AJ and the Kuroko ones were at least half serious

yeah im just that much of a genius tbh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6956 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

um nacho was hounding you because you weren't considering aj so it's not his fault that you weren't considering aj
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6959 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 6957, Kagami wrote:Pretty sure that's not why I was being hounded.

pretty sure it was, actually

or rather the issue was that you were only considering noddy who he felt was pretty likely town, which he obviously thought felt fabricated, ergo the lines of questioning about why you can't even make a scum case on noddy and why your reasoning was shoddy
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6961 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

the entire page prior is him probing AJ about you, yes

i think in his mind the two of you should have been cross-voting because noddy wasn't scum

i don't think he ever had a full-blown scum read on you until after your whole "well noddy is scum for being incredibly protown up to a point"
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6962 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

and saying AJ could be scum means shit-all when you literally said that much of your reasoning for noddy being scum is that AJ is town
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6966 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

whether or not you played "poorly" isn't the issue

you're claiming that nacho shut down AJ as an option when that clearly isn't the case
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6968 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't really see how you thought that to be the case when nachos primary concern seemed to be that you weren't considering AJ and you didn't have good reasons to not consider AJ

*shrug*

even noddy himself was considering AJ before you basically made it a 1v1 between the two of you
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6970 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

um the way i
skimmed
read it is that he was probing anyone who was around about why they were thinking what they were thinking and then when you basically said "noddy is scum coz AJ is town" is when he changed his mind and went full-on kagami scum read
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6971 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 6728, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 6727, Kamigami wrote:If you are indeed a scum miller and we lynched you, this would forever be the game that mods point to and say "Hey, scum miller with town rolecops are totally ok. Look how this town won despite triggering it!"

The most recent back and forth with Ceph was pretty much me telling him this, and him telling me not to worry about meta.

This is bad.
You saying "I don't know why Fluff is scum. He's just scum because AJ is town." is worse.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6973 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 6734, Oil Tycoons wrote:I don't have a fixed belief that Fluff is town. I thought Fluff was scum coming into this day.
Your posting is making me rethink that read pretty strongly.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6977 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

because people post too fucking much and the majority of it is garbage so i thought id have some fun by treating every post like they were worth responding to
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6978 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I am perfectly aware it was not optimal play which is why I stopped when I decided BRantz needed to die
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6980 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

games should not be 280 pages long unless they start with 30+ players

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”