Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Wed May 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

*shrug* Kinda irritated that the last day wasn't played out, because obviously this entire line of play was pretty much setup since the 3dice kill happened. Given the decision to not allow town to play this day out, and the inability of any town roles to affect any of the actions that would occur until this day, there was no reason why the game shouldn't have ended with the Titus lynch.

Nadhia: I ran this by Varsoon and he would have ruled that it didn't work, but you could have gladiated one of the known scum and flashlighted away to the other dimension, in theory. Varsoon ruled privately that he would have considered that ending the gladiate effect, but with the knowledge you had, it would have been a workable line. There still wouldn't have been any way to *keep* scum from controlling the vote though, since that would only work for one day. In theory, had they not killed us, we could have done that same thing, and bought a dance party, and you could have dance partied and done so, but yeah, there wasn't any path which would have allowed any scum deaths to happen because town didn't have any way to force scum movement, so there were no lynches we could have performed, and we had no way to cause any kills. I mean, in theory he could have used his triple vote, and then the gladiate could have immediately occurred, thus wasting the triple vote. Then town flees, dance parties, if they ever fly over the ship is perpetually broken and thus has no votes, blah blah, but... *shrug* That wouldn't have prevented scum from dragging one person over each day to lynch them though, and because skybird didn't have enough money to flee, town wouldn't have had the 4 captain votes they needed to regain control of the ship.

For anyone who cares, the reason why we had to lynch Titus on the day we did was the same reason as what this actual endgame scenario is: If Elbirn were scum, and scum had at least one more vote(which he gained through 3dices power(terrible oversight by us. :-/)(which could have been the case if Titus were scum and there were 5 scum to start), then following a scum!Titus plan on that day would have ended in this exact scenario, thus us insisting she be lynched.

*shrug*

Anyways, Elbirn, here's something from our PT for you:
In post 64, Cerberus v666 wrote:For posterity: Elbirn likely scum slipped in the neighborhood. He claimed his protective power only functions on members of the crew. He then claimed that he used said protective power to protect our slot on N1, when we were not a member of the crew. Nor were we someone he selected for the crew.

We are going to include these facts in his claim which we post here, without letting anyone know of the contradiction, to see if anyone notices.
In post 65, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 64, Cerberus v666 wrote:For posterity: Elbirn likely scum slipped in the neighborhood. He claimed his protective power only functions on members of the crew. He then claimed that he used said protective power to protect our slot on N1, when we were not a member of the crew. Nor were we someone he selected for the crew.

We are going to include these facts in his claim which we post here, without letting anyone know of the contradiction, to see if anyone notices.
After numerous things which kept digging the hole deeper, he, in a very sincere seeming fashion, corrected himself, and made his night actions all ones which made perfect sense, and did so in a fashion very in line with his town play.

If we let him get off on this and he is actually scum, kudos Elbirn. Well done, good recovery.
So yeah. :-/ We fucking had you man, and you even repeated the targeting twice or some shit, and we bought your recovery.

And nobody else even fucking noticed it.

/me glares at random and Titus.

:p
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #68 (isolation #1) » Wed May 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 31, Varsoon wrote:This game was solely created because I wanted to try out dividing up a Large Theme into two smaller games.
Furthermore, I wanted most (or even all) players to be given a 'generic' role PM so that Flavor Claiming couldn't be games.
It became very clear that the best flavor to attach to these core mechanics was that of Space Dandy, which is why I went with Space Dandy despite running an earlier iteration of the theme.

I want to know how you felt about both of those core elements:
Did having two smaller games make it easier to follow along with a large theme?
How did having 'generic' role flavor that flipped into specific role flavor feel?

I feel as though one of the failings of the multiple-private-game-threads approach is that replace-ins will be stunted in the case of any player slot that has been in more than one thread.

I also feel like the 'shop' mechanic in this game flopped, as many items did not have enough incentive to be bought publicly and town leaders browbeat players into only being able to make certain purchases. Furthermore, since the shop was tied to the ship, many players couldn't access it, either. This has helped guide the design of the shop mechanic that will be featured in a future game of mine, so I am grateful that I got to run an iteration, even though I feel as though it was a failure.
I'm someone who gets incredibly bored in smaller games, because people don't post enough, so I'm not the person "making things easier to follow along" is really aimed at. The biggest problem with the multiple dimensions thing was the fact that it created a situation where multiple players were essentially not part of the game for days on end. Sure, the players created that, but the size of the crew combined with the scan made it seem pretty likely that there would be stranded slots who would be stuck unable to play mafia.

FB: Regarding town misplays: There really weren't that many, honestly. The biggest one, mechanically, was the fact that nobody thought to tell Skybird to queue the ship to fly over to this dimension at the start of the day, instead of letting her be yanked over. That really really really removed all of towns options. Other "misplays" may have had to do with town not trusting one another, but that's an entirely different matter rather than an outright mistake made by someone.

pedit: It is indeed rubbish and was a waste of a boatload of time and thought on my part trying to figure out how to solve the game. You know I take trying to figure this all out seriously, so yeah, it sucks that my time was wasted for nothing, for like 6 real life days.

Nahdia: Eh, there's no stated reason in the rules why it *wouldn't* have worked. :P But, Varsoon decided it wouldn't have, so. :D And, yeah, forgetting about the triple vote after learning he could steal abilities was really really dumb of me.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Wed May 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

OH, the generic role flavor into specific flavor: Don't care? After the first one happens, now you know nobody knows who they really are, and it stops mattering. If it's something scum know about in advance, as in this game, then it can go both ways in terms of who it assists, depending on how well scum play it off.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Wed May 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 70, Nahdia wrote:I hesitate to ask but I notice randomidget didn't vote himself for Captain on... whatever day that was. If he had, what would have happened to the Captaincy? Defaults to Elbrin still?
Yes, it was a tie. Defaults to the current captain. Once Skybird was yanked on that day, we knew that if Elbirn was scum there wasn't shit we could do, because he could quicklynch the next day, etc, and put us directly into LYLO.

Oh, another mistake by town, mechanically: No purchase of fake school ID's during all those days they were alone with the ship. Skybird should have had a bunch more money. :(

For the record, I take the blame for all of these, because I should have thought of these things and made sure they were communicated with Skybird. :-/
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Wed May 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Shiro? You should read my posts. And please respond to us individually. Thanks.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #82 (isolation #5) » Wed May 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Mechanically, btw, scum control of the ship at the beginning of the game+alchemists ability were enough, in and of themselves, to give scum a victory a significant percentage of the time here. With the absence of town abilities to change dimensions by choice, let me think....2 mislynches in 1 give the game to scum nearly 100% of the time? 4 town left alive, elbirn crews his partner+1 town (jan, for least threat), flies over on D3, scum have 10 slots filled, 6 to lynch, and town needs all 5 town to agree on a captain/not mislynch(which they can't do, cause Jan couldn't vote), otherwise the scum keep thr ship and just lynch/shoot there way through the whole town, and after they're all gone, drag over someone from A who you can immediately shoot with alchemists dayvig. Like....yeah. it's incredible that town didn't lose sooner, and that it took 3 mechanical mistakes that I can think of on our part to allow you to win today(not having skybird move immediately at day start, not havijg 3dice use his triple vote once we learned what Elbirnspower was, and not using school IDs on everyone to get more money into towns hands).

Don't presume to tell me how something was or wasn't balanced, Shiro, when Drixx and I spent the entire game working out the circumstances under which our team could lose at every juncture.

Pedit: you couldn't use rhe ship because it was just used to fly to your current dimension. As I said though, alchemists yanking power plus the ship defaulting to scum when used in combination with that put things firmly in your favor in any end game scenario where those slots remained alive.

And, technically, there was NOTHING in the game that would have prevented that end game scenario. No powers existed in the game which would have kept it from happening. The last 6 days were a complete waste of time.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Wed May 11, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Basically every plan for victory drixx and I had worked out required that you no longer be able to force dimension moves on anyone. *shrug*
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Wed May 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Of course, if town had played optimally, just need one lynch in A, everyone buys rhe card and uses it that night while the ship flies off, then a lynch in 1, library cards blah blah, and evwryone has enough cash to buy the fishing pole and scum can't actually kill anyone anymore without being caught, because you had no roleblocks and no ninja..
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Wed May 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Umm.

Varsoon?

How did random recruit Elbirn? His power didn't work on aliens......or non humans or something....and chameleonian isn't human.

And neither is skybird, who he was faking.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:11 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Shiro: Naw man. Check it. you guys mislynch twice over there. And shoot twice in that dimension. The crew elbirn chooses N2 is HD+Jan. Morning of D3, he flies over. Jan+4 town vs 4 scum+ ship. Jan can't vote for anything, town can never do better than tie your 4 votes for the captaincy, and they don't have enough votes for lynch (neither do you, but you don't need it). You make alchemist captain. Shoot town, quicklynch, so on, until no town left. Alchemist drags someone over. That brings 3dice as well. 7 in the dimension, 4 to lynch. Which 3dice can do, except... you just lynch before he can coordinate with the other town you chose. Or you shoot him in the face. Or even if he does pull off once kynch, you still have an unbeatable majority, and town has no way to EVER interfere with the balance.

And, the town scenario I outlined requires that all of the town be on all the lynches, and doesn't get going unail D5, requiring dimension hops back and forth so people can use their money to buy the rods. D2 purchase ids, D3 other dimension lynch, D4 other dimension buys ids while first dimension buys rods, D5 rhymes, D6 mass rods.

And no, the ship wasn't usable for any two consecutive phases, period.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Regarding pedit2: doesn't work though. Random's power did not work on aliens. He had never targeted a human to pretend to be them. Random's recruit should never have worked as far as I can tell.

Which kinda set the tone for a lot of things..:p
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

QT isn't an alien, he's a robot. Chameleonian and meow were the only aliens in the game as far as I can tell. Maybe some of the space dandies counted as aliens?

Shiro: you're wrong. You couldn't have used the shop for two consecutive phases. Also wrong about how you should have won on D3. :P
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #94 (isolation #12) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

NO no. I said you guys should have won D3. You disagreed cause you didn't understand what I was saying I guess?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #98 (isolation #13) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Jan's powers were outed by D1, in an optimal world, since she claimed votelessness. And yes, town had NO way of fighting back. Basically, the end game scenario Elbirn was aiming for late game waa possible very very early, very very easily (just don't have sensei be one of the mislynches) :p

So yeah. That bit where I said shit was mad scum sided in the way those two things interacted? That's how.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #99 (isolation #14) » Wed May 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, the more I'm reading scum chat, the more irritated I'm getting. The details and nuances of plans you made, we're kinda fed to you by Varsoon. Because you didn't even notice until forever that you could dethrone the captain. Didn't know you ciuld queue up an action to take place at day start, until varsoon suggested it.

Good planning though Elbirn..I hope you read my post earlier noting that we absolutely noticed your botched claim.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #100 (isolation #15) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

More notes from reading the scum chat: Elbirn,if you were scum and titus town, we werent quite at a loss, it would just put us directly into lylo by mislynching her. If, however, you were both scum, woth 5 total, that lynch she was pushing on WF would have lost us the the game. Lynching Titus guaranteed the chance to lynch WF if she was town, while lynching WF lost us the game if she were scum. Unfortunately, the extra vote from 3dice is what fucked up the math there and didn't give us the guaranteed scum lynch we expected today.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #102 (isolation #16) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hi random, sorry you had to deal with that mess between Titus and us..:(
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #104 (isolation #17) » Wed May 11, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

:( sorry skybird. We fucked up.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #166 (isolation #18) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Varsoon: the loss scenario I described was for D3, not D2. :) so 2 mislynches in one dimension, not 1, so only 4 town left alive there plus the 1 the came with the crew, 10 total slots, 4 scum+ship vs 4 town+nonvoting jan. The ship starting with scum wasn't a bug deal, EXCEPT when combined with the ability to remove the current captain. It meant the ship defaulted back to scum all game, so it made it much easier for scum to force a situation where they'd be able to guarantee themselves that extra vote.

Nahdia: KC being so uncalculating is the exact reason why Drixx and I were townreading her too. Mainly Drixx, because he's read her scum pts.

Shiro: Yeah, FB, was definitely kind of an ass at the worst moment to be an ass about a game, amd you kinda made it worse by trying to defend him by saying things I knew weren't true about the setup.

Elbirn: it waa a very good, not flaily recovery, for reals. Or rather, it was exactly as flaily as you sound as town, and we bought it. I wish we had mentioned it in the hydra pt at least though, so we'd have got at least one other town slots eyes on it. :/ Also, I legitimately did not think about the chance of you stealing the triple vote. It simply did not occur to me, and that, more than anything else, makes me feel like shit about the endgame here.

I should have seen it. :(

Varsoon says we should hydra for Bloodborne Elbirn. I would totally do that, cuz it makes it easier for me to be lazy! :p
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, I'm aware of the limitations. It just worked out that it could easily be used to do so in this game.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #173 (isolation #20) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Elbirn, to expand on what I expected to happen: without the triple vote, if you don't fly over, we just kynch WF today. If you do fly over, we can't lynch, but we can retain ship control, which means even after you shoot someone the next day, town always have a conftown skybird with 2 votes as they lynch wf, then you, then town can't lose. :/

So yeah. If we had just had 3dice use his triple vote, I don't believe there was a way for you guys to recover. Your best hope was to let us lynch WF, then have a lylo where we coulda mislynched within {nahdia, sensei, kc}..not sure how that would have went, I had concluded that alchemist made the most sense as scum because Nahdia and alchemist were unlikely to both be town, and the dayvig protection didn't make sense when no town had a dayvig.

I was starting to have doubts though, because drixx was suspicious of nahdia. So, dunno.

And Skybird that's why I'm sorry. We had all the information, and I just missed it.

@Drixx: please don't. :/
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #176 (isolation #21) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Varsoon: about the idea of you dropping in ideas. A pretty major thing was you informing the scum team that they could designate an action to occur at day start. The reason why this in particular is upsetting is because at the same time, in another PT, town players were discussing taking an action(having skybird change dimensions) which we ALSO wanted to have occur as early in the day as possible, but you didn't feel the need to inform/remind US of the possibility...and then shortly afterwards you express excitement at the upset scum are pulling off, when said upset wouldn't have occurred if you had given both parties the exact same information/reminder at the exact same time.

Speaking of that particular interaction, had both skybird and alchemist21 set their abilities for day start, what would have occurred?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #181 (isolation #22) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I'm just going to pretend Drixx and Titus weren't talking in the last few posts, because otherwise I'm going to feel obligated to correct Titus on being wrong, and I don't want to deal with that right now.

Someone said something about town mislynching 8x in a row?

Town mislynched 5x total.

2x before the first scum lynch, then 3x afterwards. Scum forced a majority in one dimension, and quicklynched for a 6th lynch.

The Titus lynch was mandatory and game winning, had I remembered that 3dice needed to use his triple vote lest it be used to wreck the progression of events I expected.

The other mislynches were mistakes. As in, not the correct play given the information town had.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #189 (isolation #23) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 186, SirCakez wrote:That was me Cerb. It was 6 times overall yeah, didn't know the last one was a quicklynch though. I don't understand why White Fire avoided the lynch for so long for one.
I can explain this. When Titus came back with a result that created a 1v1 between Jeanne11 and WF, Drixx and I also had a plan in mind which required the existence of the shop, and which would have won the game for the town the next day(at that time, we did not realize that there was a difference between the library card and Titus' power, and assumed we could have asked the questions we needed to ask). This meant that IF WF was town, and not lying about enabling the shop, lynching him over WF simply wasn't worth the risk of the autowin we had planned for the next day. Then, more stuff happened(a buncha stuff) and Jeanne11 ended up lynched.

The next day, Drixx and I realized that if 1) Titus was scum, 2) had lied about the number of scum(5, instead of 4), 3)Elbirn was scum, and 4)Titus had naturally setup a fake 1v1 to get two mislynched in a row, town was in LYLO. If Titus was town, we had one mislynch. Therefore, Titus HAD to be lynched on that day, since we lost if she was scum, and we had the mislynch to spare if she was town. From that point, we expected to identify the scum in Random/Idget very quickly, have two quick scum lynches, and then just have to figure out who the last one was. That whole plan was wrecked because we forgot about Elbirns ability to steal 3dices voting power.

Anyways, yeah, after the orange lynch WF could have been lynched, but we had a plan that caused us, at least, to prefer a jeanne11 lynch over a WF one, for safety...and then we HAD to lynch Titus because we knew that scum would win in the scenario above...and also, in the scenario where titus was scum, it was impossible for there to be less than 5 scum, because otherwise she would be getting lynched 100% of the time after the WF/Jeanne lynches both flipped town, therefore if she was scum, it MUST be an endgame scenario.

pedit: Shiro, your play had nothing to do with you not getting lynched, other than the enabling claim. We just had a plan that we didn't know wasn't possible, that was worth letting you live because we knew if you were scum you'd be caught the next day by the plan.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #191 (isolation #24) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 190, Shiro wrote:@Cerb

Allow me to respectfully disagree. Maybe not you but I went from leading wagon to mostly townread and even had Sensei who was the guy that scumread me the most have doubts.
Yes, but it was *entirely* because of the claim.

Let me ask, why did you claim after you knew hobbes had already hammered?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #203 (isolation #25) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 200, SugarJan wrote:That was certainly something XD

I had a pretty good time overall even if I had no money and got left behind and then killed. Skybird, my favorite part was probably you arguing with Elbirn and voicing every single issue I had thought of. I probably should've looked at Elbirn closer, but at the point when I was dead it was all over anyway mostly. To whoever sent me the thing with my kill PM, thank you. It's really okay that I was left behind. I had no vote, and there were only limited slots. I understood. Also I got sick, so it worked out. And then I spent an entire night trying to work out if RR and Elbirn were scum and figured out the Dandy claim thing. I'm certainly not going anywhere, I love the game too much. The only part I really didn't like was that there was a lot of "newbies do this" and "newbies do that" when refering to things I would say, but I guess things like that will come with experience.

I'll certainly participate in Bloodborne when it appears :3
<3 I'm glad things weren't too terrible for you, I was worried that the way things worked out would make the game uninteresting.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #205 (isolation #26) » Thu May 12, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 201, Nahdia wrote:
In post 200, SugarJan wrote:The only part I really didn't like was that there was a lot of "newbies do this" and "newbies do that" when refering to things I would say, but I guess things like that will come with experience.
I feel you, homie.
Yeah, it's kinda weird. Nobody ever talked shit on me when I first started playing, which wasn't even that long ago, but I see it happening in games all the time now.....I guess I was just lucky? I don't really know.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #213 (isolation #27) » Thu May 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 209, SirCakez wrote:I will go back to Day 1 and 2
I just wanted to see RR rhyming tbh
200+ rhyming posts on D3.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #214 (isolation #28) » Thu May 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Subject: SPACE DANDY II - DIMENSION A - GAME END
Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 471, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh dear Varsoon, pagetop lord, king of numbers
Please count these votes before we start our slumbers.
The one who has said this blurb
is the one, the only, Cerb.
In post 472, Cerberus v666 wrote:I know you want but 1 post more,
but, for once, just let us snore.

In post 476, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 472, Cerberus v666 wrote:I know you want but 1 post more,
but, for once, just let us snore.

A mistake! A flaw!
Caught by the monkeys paw
that post, the count, it belongs here
I am ashamed I fear.

Pray, do not disturb
the one, the only, Cerb

pedit: Goddamnit Varsoon, I've lost the game
Forevermore shall I feel the shame.
The hydra slipped, a head escaped!
Even as I gawped and gaped
Through me ran a quicksilver thought,
If I'm swift, I'm if skilled
with words, with rhymes, with all I've wrought
Perhaps this half headed beast may yet be killed.
This was my favorite rhyme by me. :p
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #215 (isolation #29) » Thu May 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, Elbirn, screw your plans for not mafiaing, let's do bloodborne! Otherwise I'll have to drag someone else in to hydra with me!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #219 (isolation #30) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 217, Errantparabola wrote:WAIT WHAT
THERE WAS RHYMING IN THIS GAME
Yes! You should have played! :p
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #221 (isolation #31) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 220, Elbirn wrote:
In post 215, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, Elbirn, screw your plans for not mafiaing, let's do bloodborne! Otherwise I'll have to drag someone else in to hydra with me!
Like UGH MAYBE PROBABLY OKAY yes but the game better not start until the micro I'm joining is over. You're also going to have to accept the fact that while I am in fact a fucking genius, I'm also unequivocally stupid and you will have to drag me through the game. And while I give all the fucks that I have to give about my games, I don't put in the kind of time and effort drixx does

If you can deal with my crapulance then yes let's ~☆do it☆~
Victory! We need a name!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #223 (isolation #32) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmmm. Okay. One word, or multiple words? Funny, or cool sounding?

Ya know, the rest of you can feel free to feed us awesome ideas!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #227 (isolation #33) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Eh, cut off the Edd Boys, add an s? The Good for Nothings?

Pedit : !! Unreasonably Irrational?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #241 (isolation #34) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 237, Errantparabola wrote:what am i even doing in this postgame?
I haven't read a single game-related post
You saw a 9 page thread in large themes tagged as "Game ended" and had to know wtf went down?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #242 (isolation #35) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Kts, also...what the fuck was that man? Like a complete fucking 180 in playstyle between your last post and the rest of the game.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #261 (isolation #36) » Fri May 13, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

See, as one of those people who browbeat others into making optimal plays, I think actively working against that possibility is somewhat detrimental. The nature of the beast, beyond "catching scum" is getting town to work together, and figure out what the best thing to do. To take advantage of everyone's strengths to assist in the process of finding the scum.

Of course, I guess, I rarely end up with a town bloc actively following me...I just spend my time yelling at people to listen to me, and focus on convincing the person who the town *is* listening to to do what I "suggested".

In addition, all of Nahdias comments about the shop are pretty accurate.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #266 (isolation #37) » Fri May 13, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Sorry cakez, GWS fucked you hard man. You made sense, until you started defending his positions, which didn't make sense..
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #268 (isolation #38) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 267, SirCakez wrote:I had to defend her, it would have looked even worse if I had tried to shoot her down and then we would have been mad at each other and dissonant and it would have all been bad.
Plus we both thought you looked really scummy :/
It's all in the Hydra PT
That's why you shoot her down in private/tell her to back off because she's wrong. :) I do it to Drixx all the time, and he does it to me. ^^

Yeah, I haven't read anything beyond the scum PT for this game, because I was irritated at the decision to end the game while denying town the ability to capitalize on a scum mistake(since the game state was such that if the triple vote got wasted, scum lost 100% of the time), and haven't gone back to look at that post since then.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #271 (isolation #39) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 269, Nahdia wrote:Even if we got them to waste the triple vote, which is no easy task since we'd need Elbrin to triple vote first and then gladiate someone else, we'd need to continually buy Sabotage Satchels to stop the Aloha Oe vote.
No. there would have been 8 in the dimension, because the Aloha Oe counts as player. 5 to lynch. 4 town vs 3 scum+ship, we strip captaincy, scum shoot, now 7 alive, 3 town+ship vote controlled by conftown vs 3 scum and 2 confirmed scum in the game(and the person who moves people is in the wrong dimension to push the captain out). Lynch WF, scum shoot, lynch Elbirn, scum shoot, now the game is 1:1 Alchemist21 vs idk, skybird I guess, and she controls two votes and hammers him.

The only scum out if they wasted the triple vote was by having alchemist21 purchase the dimension switching item, moving skybird before town could quicklynch on each day. That would have been a solid plan, but countered nicely if we had instead given the captaincy to Nahdia(who I, at least, had already cleared as definitely town).

Anyways. Yeah. Again, this is why I'm so irritated at missing the triple vote thing. If I had just looked at the list of claims, and said "Oh shit, if Elbirn is scum and gets 3dices triple vote, he can quicklynch as soon as he flies over here with the ship", I would have talked to 3dice about using that triple vote to deny it to scum...and then the situation scum was in would have been quite untenable. Elbirn can't quicklynch random, and thus has to fly back, while we lynch WF and get a conftown captain installed. It's all downhill from there.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #272 (isolation #40) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Varsoon, we would have went to boobies if it weren't tied to the ship. That item in particular probably should have been purchasable anywhere. :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #275 (isolation #41) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 273, Nahdia wrote:Wait, so it technically didn't count as mylo because of the ship? So I could of just used my Gladiate/2D plan..?
Dunno if it technically counted as mylo. Because scum had the triple vote, they *did* have enough votes to force a lynch...that's all I know for certain.

Also, honestly...Technically, the consortium never controlled majority votes in all dimensions, because A, though empty, was still there, and they controlled no votes there(and a single town flying over there would have made it so they didn't control a majority of votes there). And the space protagonists weren't dead. So yeah. Again. This is the source of my irritation. We should stop talking about it though, because I had just gotten over it.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #278 (isolation #42) » Fri May 13, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 276, Varsoon wrote:If there's no players in a dimension at all, scum is considered to having a majority vote.
I suppose I should have been painfully specific and written "When your faction controls a majority vote in all dimensions with living players in them."
Lack of specificity in win cons will forever taint my SF win, so yeah. Better to err on the side of caution.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #283 (isolation #43) » Fri May 13, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 282, Elbirn wrote:
In post 270, Varsoon wrote:
In post 265, SirCakez wrote:*prays not to be lynched day 1 again*
Oh yeah - was there actually a Boobies Breastaurant hood thread made?
Nope. It's a dang Space Dandy game and no one went to BooBies.
Trivia FunFact, I at one point, believing that the best the scum team would do was tie (and probably lose) secretly confided in Varsoon a plan to screw my team, do a one man dance party to win 100 million woolongs, then no lynch dimension A every day while going to boobies every night until I won what was intended to be an impossible 3p win condition (get 30 boobies card points or whatever)

Varsoon merely seemed annoyed and told me "No."
:) if you ever read our whole pt, you'll see Drixx and I were afraid of just that....that if scum ever ended up alone with the ship, the best town could ever do would be a draw/individual win for one member of the scum team.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #287 (isolation #44) » Fri May 13, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So make it like a legal document, so it's their fault for not reading it, not your fault for not including it..:D
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #306 (isolation #45) » Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

If elbirn was concealed as a human, it would have had no town targets, right?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #308 (isolation #46) » Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm. How would that have worked though? The player wouldn't have known he was a valid target, right? So they'd have to just input a night action on someone their mod confirmed information told them it wouldn't work on? :/
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #313 (isolation #47) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Varsoon,Elbirn and I are preinning together as a hydra of unknown name
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #324 (isolation #48) » Tue May 17, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Sweet. Reasonably Irrational, make it so Elbirn, I'm mobile! :p
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #335 (isolation #49) » Wed May 18, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 331, SirCakez wrote:I read through Ransom's hood

:(
I'm so sorry you went through all of that.
In post 333, hiplop wrote:I mean I know I didn't play much of this but how did obvscumming elbirn end up einning
Some paranoia, and a miscalculation. We had 2/3 of the remaining scum identified and knew today would be MYLO, but did not account for him stealing your slots triple vote and thus forcing the winning mislynch today.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #339 (isolation #50) » Wed May 18, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Idk elbirn, you weren't obvscumming that we saw. In the other dimension, where you were trying to get captaincy, you were apparently being scummy as fuck though. :D
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #344 (isolation #51) » Wed May 18, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I'm staying as far away from modding games as possible. ^^

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”