DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:06 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Bonjour.

VOTE: Fox McCloud
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:25 am

VOTE: Grib

That's a lie. Town faction is already shown to be called "The Good Guys". Death comes swiftly to those who lie!
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:38 pm

VOTE: Medical Junkies

Just because someone has consistently exhibited a behavior and has never really acted on the contrary doesn't mean you can always assume that's how they will act. That's preposterous!
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:56 pm

In post 27, Medical Junkies wrote:
In post 25, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 23, SnarkySnowman wrote:prod dodge
Foreshadowing?
Snarky is unfortunately, no stranger to being prodded, being inactive and well, not being pro-town in helpfulness.

-K.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:57 pm

In post 29, Fox McCloud wrote:DS is probably town.

-Luna
Am I laying it too thick? Grr. You were supposed to be all like "OMG this is DS's scum play. Lynch him with fire" and then I turn around and lay down the law and demolish the scumteam with grade a logic.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:59 pm

I mean, it probably is a good idea to switch up my game. I mean, I am like 1 and 7 for town games.

But I think that was just because I don't trust my gut with 1 scum left. That's always when id lose.

PEdit: [sigh]

I was being facetious.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Hey hey hey, we should start getting NU roles claimed. We don't want someone on day 4 claiming "omg I'm Miller so that's why I showed up as evil"
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Or not, I dunno. I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Negative utility.

e.g. Miller, PGO, ascetic.

Really just anything that could screw with the town. (Maybe [hopefully] meta has changed so that we don't out that anymore. I didn't like that part of meta, but maybe it's changed in the ~6 months I've been gone.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:20 pm

In post 40, farside22 wrote:All I know is when I saw the game and saw the brain I was expecting cool cartoon characters I grew up watching, not something my son watches.
1. I'd suggest not hinting at flavors yet, just so that no information gets out before we decide for it to be.

2. He did just say Kids TV Shows. He didn't specify which period of TV.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Also, NU isn't a new acronym...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:31 pm

In post 51, Imperium wrote:
Vote: DiamondSentinel

Why are you asking negative utility roles to out when it's a part of the meta that you want to change?
Because I'm a hypocrite.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Also, VOTE: Grib

Only scum hate RVS
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Trust me. This is a 100% solid fact. I would never lie to you. Mostly because I'm town, but also because lying should be done as sparingly as possible.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Jeez Cheet, letting the cat out of the bag. Next thing you know, you'll let it slip that we aren't his real parents.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:02 pm

In post 73, Cheetory6 wrote::v
In post 67, DiamondSentinel wrote:Because I'm a hypocrite.
Is this the best you've got for this?
Is there anything I could say to satisfy you?
In post 74, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 68, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, VOTE: Grib

Only scum hate RVS
I dont RVS either tho (although tbf i barely vote early game, so my other head has full control of the vote), what makes him different from me?

-Luna
[sigh]

Again, I was being facetious.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:02 pm

In post 79, Grib wrote:I'm being facetious, since in the majority of my games here I've been accused of being a tryhard.

I freely acknowledge that actual things are happening already, but I'm still not going to look at them until later simply because I feel like it.
HEY HEY HEY. YOU CANT USE THAT WORD. ITS MY WORD.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Ok. Let's see. My thought process.

Well, right now, my train of thought is a runaway. We have 4 pages and no claims or night actions. Not really good for me to actually think, so I'm going with whatever sticks.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:19 pm

In post 88, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 84, DiamondSentinel wrote:so I'm going with whatever sticks.
Why is it such a big deal for you to find something that sticks on page four?
Because proactivity is fun. And it's not so much that. It's just that I'm bored so I'm just moving my mouth (virtually, of course) at a thousand miles per hour because that's what I feel like doing.

So I dunno. Don't ask me for reasons. Either trust me or not, but don't make me explain myself.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:55 am

In post 95, Fox McCloud wrote:I was kinda hoping he'd let out more about his thought process, but apparently that was too much to hope for. Well I hope anti gets to this tomorrow so we can start comparing notes ^_^ have a good night

-Luna
Eh. As I said before, don't ask about my thought process. It won't work. Hell, even I don't know it most of the time.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:56 am

In post 104, farside22 wrote:
In post 43, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 40, farside22 wrote:All I know is when I saw the game and saw the brain I was expecting cool cartoon characters I grew up watching, not something my son watches.
1. I'd suggest not hinting at flavors yet, just so that no information gets out before we decide for it to be.

2. He did just say Kids TV Shows. He didn't specify which period of TV.
1) I felt like gripping and my character is considered NU.
2) still not thrilled.
:/

You coulda kept that a secret in hopes Mafia tries to mess around with you.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:27 am

In post 146, Cheetory6 wrote:It seems pretty apparent to me that DS was joking around in the post he voted for Grib?
THANK YOU! AND THE AWARD FOR THE ONLY PERSON WITH THEIR EYES OPEN GOES TO YOU.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:30 am

In post 186, keyenpeydee wrote:Well.. uhh.. I think I am siding with Fox. (Idk what y'all fighting about but I assume it's post #114 right?)

Snarky said Grib claims to be town at first post. Yep, Why is that scummy? And I think its just a matter of a, "Hey bitch I am a town!" in a not so serious way.

Fox just said that DS "probably" is a townie which is unsure. But snarky voted for them. Is that a good reason? I suspect DS but that's different from this situation. If Fox said, "DS is a town" then that's suspicious!
Keyen. You're new so I won't blame you much. I want you to give specific reasons for your scumread on me. If it is truly gut, then that's cool. But I feel like there's something you aren't articulating and I'm interested in hearing that.

PEdit: Already at 5 and I've posted like 15 times. That's a new record for me.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:01 am

In post 191, keyenpeydee wrote:+ The way how you acted too. It's a pure scum feeling to me. I am new and It's the first time I got to play with you, And if this is the way how you play then I think.. Imma need to trust myself. Because if you trust others, It will maybe turn out to be a scum the person you trusted. Townies need to win this game so I'll trust myself.
You don't have to trust me, but FYI, it's far better to trust someone than not to.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:28 am

I've only ever gotten them via email. So check that.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:21 am

Hullo
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:30 am

Nothing worth noting. I'm waiting for a certain few people to speak up, because this isn't their meta to lurk, but I won't reveal who or else all this observation goes out the window.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:41 am

In post 201, Cephrir wrote:The game started yesterday it's not even possible to be lurking
It's been almost a full day and they haven't posted.

If someone doesn't post for the first day, more often than not, it's a sign of them trying to lurk out of RVS
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:07 am

In post 205, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 203, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 201, Cephrir wrote:The game started yesterday it's not even possible to be lurking

If someone doesn't post for the first day, more often than not, it's a sign of them trying to lurk out of RVS
We shouldn't exclude the fact that they're busy.
Well, more often than not doesn't exclude that possibility. It's just that, given previous games, it's logical to suggest that they are avoiding RVS, which can often be a huge wildcard. If a scum flails terribly because a lot of poorly-backed votes are made, then it could really hurt scum.

PEdit: That was my first thought too, but something still bugs me about it.

Oh, also, if anyone has a neighborizer of any sort, please use it on me. I like working with neighborhoods. (This isn't a ploy to activate some super OP role. Just personal preference)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 am

In post 211, Cephrir wrote:

So you mean to tell me if I checked games and did the math I would find that more than half of Players who don't post within 24 hours are scum?

Boy this game must seem really easy if you think everything is that simple.
Lurking/Wanting to avoid RVS != scum

I'm simply saying that some people lurk out of RVS
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:34 am

In post 216, Waco Kid wrote:
In post 209, farside22 wrote:Reread a few things.

Vote kdowns

His reason for voting reads a bit more wordy then is needed.
I concur, although I read it a bit differently. 1) I kinda felt like he was just trying to find a reason that sounded different to make the vote, and 2) He really took a narrow view on the question, in a way that kinda shut down further discussion than encouraged.

VOTE: kdowns

p-edit: What does != x mean?
!= means "does not equal" or "does not mean"

So like, the statement I made was "just because someone lurks or doesn't like RVS doesn't mean they are scum."
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:57 am

In post 220, Cephrir wrote:
In post 215, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 211, Cephrir wrote:

So you mean to tell me if I checked games and did the math I would find that more than half of Players who don't post within 24 hours are scum?

Boy this game must seem really easy if you think everything is that simple.
Lurking/Wanting to avoid RVS != scum

I'm simply saying that some people lurk out of RVS
ok but no one does that either
Let's agree to disagree (but you're definitely wrong)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:13 am

In post 228, Fox McCloud wrote:Also all the WIFOM coming out of DS is making me feel uneasy

-Luna
Which WIFOM? The part how I said that people lurk out of RVS? Eh, I pleed the fifth.

And @keyen WIFOM is wine in front of me, a reference to The Princess Bride, where logic leads you to 2 equally likely contradictory realizations. "This guy is really scummy, but he is so scummy he might just be terrible town" is an example.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:44 am

In post 233, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 229, keyenpeydee wrote:these acronyms makes my life hard
What acronyms?
In post 231, DiamondSentinel wrote:Which WIFOM? The part how I said that people lurk out of RVS? Eh, I pleed the fifth.
With all the "oh hey guys, you all can trust me!"

-Luna
That's not WIFOM. Also, I don't think I said that they should trust me. I'd love for them to, but I doubt they will. I'm never trusted.

Also, have I just missed all of KDown's posts?!
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:29 am

@Kuroi

If you argued that I didn't make a scumslip (yes, I know arguing is a bit of a misnomer), then why would you vote for me?

Correction please. If you were voting for me, then why would you bother arguing that I didn't scumslip.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:30 am

In fact, Kuroi, please explain that vote on me. I'm really really confused.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:31 am

Also, this is a very pretty pagetop.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:11 pm

No. It's just that, if there's a reason, I want it to make sense.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:59 pm

VOTE: Cephrir

I don't like your attitude. You need an attitude readjustment.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:07 am

In post 267, Cheetory6 wrote:
kdowns wrote:Which in my head is throwing off red flags because why as early as Day 1 do we need to have anyone make any claims to even begin discussion on who is scummy or not.
So, your thoughts are that DS is scum trying to seem like he's doing something while not scumhunting?
In post 144, kdowns wrote:Especially after getting on to Grib for not wanting to RVS and then claiming to be Facetous after people start to get onto him.
Does DS not come across as sarcastic in that post to you? The vote is immediately followed up with this:
DiamondSentinel wrote:Trust me. This is a 100% solid fact. I would never lie to you. Mostly because I'm town, but also because lying should be done as sparingly as possible.
Does this read as something that he needs to backtrack on?
kdowns wrote:Grib, from what I've read so far just seems to be defending himself from DS' attacks onto him for not wanting to RVS.
How are you reading him from this conclusion.
Cheetory, why do you think that KDowns has thrown such a poorly made chainsaw defense at me over my episode with Grib?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:27 am

In post 269, Cheetory6 wrote:Objection. The prosecution is leading the witness.
Sustained.

Mr. Cheetory. Why would KDowns have felt the desire to make
a
chainsaw defense against me, in the defense of Gribs?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:27 am

Because, as we all know, this is very blatantly a chainsaw defense.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:33 am

I'm not accusing him of partnering. I'm accusing him of trying to garner a cult of personality. Or a harem. Either way, he's trying to wedge his way into a townbloc that isn't even a thing yet.

Of course, they could both be scum, but that's just ridiculous.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:57 am

In post 274, Cheetory6 wrote:Is that not what chainsaw defense is? Defending a partner by attacking their attacker?
As far as I've heard, it's just that someone is defending someone else by attacking their attacker. Like, that it only was alignment indicative of the person doing it, not the person being defended.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:59 am

In post 275, Medical Junkies wrote:
In post 245, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 243, Medical Junkies wrote:Semantics or you just aren't in good control over what you say?
I don't understand this question.
In post 248, DiamondSentinel wrote:@Kuroi

If you argued that I didn't make a scumslip (yes, I know arguing is a bit of a misnomer), then why would you vote for me?

Correction please. If you were voting for me, then why would you bother arguing that I didn't scumslip.
In post 249, DiamondSentinel wrote:In fact, Kuroi, please explain that vote on me. I'm really really confused.
So I'll just group these two together.

First, you've been quite stiff this game. Without any sort of elasticity, there's a scum tell that you're trigger happy and looking to lynch someone. It's kind of indicative in the text in these posts that I'm quoting. shows that you get angry over a joke that even you told.
- I see the telling of "I'm town" as a scumtell. Town aren't as worried as scum are in trying to prove that they're town.
I didn't like this post, especially the line, "Wanting to avoid RVS = scum." It seems like such a "pro-town" thing to say, even when you went out of your way to say that.

I did love 222, and I don't think that's an ATE... so you're not fully scum, but I have to keep it on you anyway for now. And I did check in with Mala, and she's fine with this vote. I should ask her, in private, for her idea of who's scum and who's not. And I need to formally put out a reads list of my own.
In post 254, DiamondSentinel wrote:VOTE: Cephrir

I don't like your attitude. You need an attitude readjustment.
In post 266, keyenpeydee wrote:Things are so quiet.
LOL

BTW Cheetory, I thought that was white knighting.
Stiff and trigger happy...

I don't know if you care about meta, but that is kinda my meta... Regardless, I know meta is one of the weakest tells. So take that as you will.

Anyways, I said that wanting to avoid RVS didn't mean scum. You had it opposite. And anyways, i was explaining my reasoning to old man cephrir and the newbie. Otherwise I likely wouldn't have said it.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 am

In post 279, Cheetory6 wrote:Oh! Okay I get the WKing comment now Kuroi. Not so much on the first quote still though q.q
The distinction in my mind was that chainsaw defending is you defending a scummate and WKing is defending a townie?
I don't really know if I care to have this conversation though. Mafia theory is zzzz.
Hmm, ok. I dunno. But that distinction is neither here nor there. Regardless, I want words. Someone please give me words.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:15 am

In all honesty, it's because Ceph's attitude is really pissing me off so I want him out.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:27 am

In post 286, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 282, DiamondSentinel wrote:In all honesty, it's because Ceph's attitude is really pissing me off so I want him out.
That doesn't mean they're scum. And i don't want you either here, Telling someone that his a newbie (even if he is) is slightly offensive.

UNVOTE: Kdowns

VOTE: DiamondSentinel

Because you need an attitude rearrangement.
How is it offensive? He's new, ergo he's a newbie. I meant no disrespect, in fact, I think it's really cool that his first game is a theme game. I did the same thing, so I know that it's a whole nother level compared to the normal or open games that a lot of people start at.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:27 am

Additionally, we are at 3 days into day 1. I'm allowed to make votes based on my opinions of people. It's not like we have that much information to go off of.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:19 am

In post 298, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 289, DiamondSentinel wrote:Additionally, we are at 3 days into day 1. I'm allowed to make votes based on my opinions of people. It's not like we have that much information to go off of.
So when are you going to start scumhunting?

-Luna
Who's to say I'm not right now?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #50) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:32 am

In post 311, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 282, DiamondSentinel wrote:In all honesty, it's because Ceph's attitude is really pissing me off so I want him out.
In post 289, DiamondSentinel wrote:Additionally, we are at 3 days into day 1. I'm allowed to make votes based on my opinions of people. It's not like we have that much information to go off of.
These look more like disliking the player rather than discering their alignment

-Luna
What I show you isn't what is in my head, 90% of the time.
In post 312, SnarkySnowman wrote:Catching up (but distracted by TI6)

kneejerk is that DS shouldn't be wagoned for this, if I recall this is how he acted in Machina Mafia (where he was town).
Aww, thanks Snark. You're too kind. I think. I can't tell if this is a backhanded complement.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:18 am

Well,
MoI, I'm not scum. I am a good character. So... Don't wagon me. Let's go with that.

PEdit: That's not me being anti-town, Cephrir. It's just that what goes on in my head is complicated and doesn't really need to be explained. I don't expect
you
to trust me on that, but there are many others who do.

PPEdit: You are way too much of a distraction. You are keeping me from being able to get to the root of things. If KDowns really is scum, then it will become more evident as the game progresses. Noise should be eliminated first.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:31 am

In post 321, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 288, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 286, keyenpeydee wrote:
That doesn't mean they're scum. And i don't want you either here, Telling someone that his a newbie (even if he is) is slightly offensive.

UNVOTE: Kdowns

Because you need an attitude rearrangement.
How is it offensive? He's new, ergo he's a newbie. I meant no disrespect, in fact, I think it's really cool that his first game is a theme game. I did the same thing, so I know that it's a whole nother level compared to the normal or open games that a lot of people start at.
Assuming I am you (diamond) I said cephrir needs an attitude rearrangement, how come does that act scummy? Maybe you act scummy?
There's a difference between acting scummy and being lynchworthy.

So, this will sound very weird, but it is my experience that the only time town finds a scum on D1 is when a. The scum is getting hardcore bussed, which then makes the others even harder to spot, or b. When the scumteam is so terrible the town would win anyways. So, my D1 strategy is to put town in the best possible standing for the rest of the game. (Sometimes I think this would be a NL, but this isn't one of those times)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:40 am

You know what's really tragic. That god forsaken outfit.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:24 am

In post 331, Cephrir wrote:
In post 318, DiamondSentinel wrote:PEdit: That's not me being anti-town, Cephrir. It's just that what goes on in my head is complicated and doesn't really need to be explained. I don't expect you to trust me on that, but there are many others who do.
Anti-town? I didn't say that, you said that.

I know overdefensive is usually a shitty buzzword but I make exceptions now and then.
There's a little something called implied guilt. That's exactly what you were doing. You didn't say something verbatim, but it was implied that that was the statement you were making.
In post 333, Cephrir wrote:
In post 322, DiamondSentinel wrote:So, this will sound very weird, but it is my experience that the only time town finds a scum on D1 is when a. The scum is getting hardcore bussed, which then makes the others even harder to spot, or b. When the scumteam is so terrible the town would win anyways. So, my D1 strategy is to put town in the best possible standing for the rest of the game. (Sometimes I think this would be a NL, but this isn't one of those times)
"just give up you'll never catch us so don't try wahaha~~"
Uh huh. Yep. Exactly what's happening here.

Christ, you're so dense it's a wonder your head doesn't collapse into a black hole.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:36 am

Ugh. We've got 4 lurkers and we're just 3 days in... Not a good sign.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:13 am

In post 342, Grib wrote:
In post 340, hiplop wrote:VOTE: magna

is really scummy. Whole lotta fencesitting, shade throwing. I don't care about the part on me other than it serves no function. Why me in particular?

So much of it looks like trying to appear busy
Point out the fencesitting and the shade throwing, please.

Why did you call out the part about you specifically, and then state that you don't care about the part about you? They can't both be true.
In post 341, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ugh. We've got 4 lurkers and we're just 3 days in... Not a good sign.
Are you seriously beating the NO LURKERS drum when there's still 11 days left and prods haven't even gone out? Do you have anything to say about the things that active people are doing?
Meh. Don't knock my playstyle until you've seen it in action.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:28 am

hiplop... There are 2, maybe 3. You are overreacting.

VOTE: hiplop
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:53 am

Where we find out that you're scum immediately and lynch you? Looks like it.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:56 am

Or nah
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #60) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:58 am

Hiplop, I didn't say that. Don't falsely quote me.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #61) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:54 pm

In post 368, Cephrir wrote:
In post 335, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 331, Cephrir wrote:
In post 318, DiamondSentinel wrote:PEdit: That's not me being anti-town, Cephrir. It's just that what goes on in my head is complicated and doesn't really need to be explained. I don't expect you to trust me on that, but there are many others who do.
Anti-town? I didn't say that, you said that.

I know overdefensive is usually a shitty buzzword but I make exceptions now and then.
There's a little something called implied guilt. That's exactly what you were doing. You didn't say something verbatim, but it was implied that that was the statement you were making.
Actually, it's not. I was implying that you were scum.
In post 335, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 333, Cephrir wrote:
In post 322, DiamondSentinel wrote:So, this will sound very weird, but it is my experience that the only time town finds a scum on D1 is when a. The scum is getting hardcore bussed, which then makes the others even harder to spot, or b. When the scumteam is so terrible the town would win anyways. So, my D1 strategy is to put town in the best possible standing for the rest of the game. (Sometimes I think this would be a NL, but this isn't one of those times)
"just give up you'll never catch us so don't try wahaha~~"
Uh huh. Yep. Exactly what's happening here.

Christ, you're so dense it's a wonder your head doesn't collapse into a black hole.
Yeah, scumreading one person maybe incorrectly, I must be such a fucking moron, no one has ever done that before
It's not that it's wrong. It's that the manner of your wrongness is so unfathomably wrong that I was wrong in thinking it was possibly for someone to be so wrongly wrong.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #62) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:54 pm

But you're still wrong. Don't mistake what I was saying.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #63) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:12 pm

In post 388, hiplop wrote:
In post 387, Grib wrote:1.Distinct lack of town motivation,
2.overreacting to minimal pressure,
3.deflecting,
4. refusing to answer questions,
5. refusing to clarify/back up accusations,
6. appeasing the only person voting you,
7.expressing frustration at being questioned,
8.narrowly focused on self-defense.
1. prove it fucko
2. I'll call a stupid duck stupid
3. scumhunting is not deflecting
4. I wont answer stupid questions, fucko
5. What accusations have I made that aren't backed up?
6. Trust me, I think you're real bad and out of touch. I think your motivations make sense, but your results are horrific. I'd be willing to lynch all your town reads
7. Yea, you'd be pissed if some scrub tried to lynch you for literally no reason while defending fucking diamondsentinel for being a dick
8. lol
Hippo... Calm down. All this Brooklyn rage in here.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (isolation #64) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:14 pm

In post 398, Grib wrote:
In post 396, farside22 wrote:I'm probably ignoring hippy till he improves or lynch him if he doesnt.
Is this typical town play for him?

I'm going to be disappointed if the answer is "yes."
Short answer: eh

Long answer: Hiplop is angsty all the time when he plays Mafia, but this is a bit ridiculous. Honestly, he's not entirely enjoyable to play with. Although typically it's more out of "I don't really want you guys messing with me" instead of him instigating things. So I dunno.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (isolation #65) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:16 pm

In post 467, Cheetory6 wrote:
Vote: Junkies

Shall we?
Instead of interrogating probably town Grib? :/
I'm not for lynching junkies today. Let's try hippo.
In post 459, Fox McCloud wrote:I currently have a gut townread on hippy btw.

-Luna

PEdit: Why wishful thinking? it's full gut for me XD
Honestly, I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that one of the set <hiplop, cephrir> is scum. I don't know which one, but I'm going for hippo.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (isolation #66) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:26 pm

In post 472, Cheetory6 wrote:I would lynch you before hip or Ceph.

D:
And here I was thinking you actually wanted to play this game. I suppose not, though.
In post 473, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 471, DiamondSentinel wrote:I don't know which one, but I'm going for hippo.
What makes you think hippy is scum? And why one of Ceph/Hippy?

-Luna
I can't explain it right now. Later.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (isolation #67) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:32 pm

In post 479, Cheetory6 wrote:Right.
Is your intention just to be as unpleasant as possible this game DS?
Because that's the vibe I'm getting.
In post 481, Cheetory6 wrote:Like, the number of interactions you've had this game that are just you stirring the pot is really annoying.
You should probably stop.
Please.
In post 482, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 478, DiamondSentinel wrote:And here I was thinking you actually wanted to play this game. I suppose not, though.
Says the guy saying things like:
In post 314, DiamondSentinel wrote:What I show you isn't what is in my head, 90% of the time.
In post 478, DiamondSentinel wrote:I can't explain it right now. Later.
When i ask them questions to understand their thought process

-Luna
Ugh. I'm trying guys, but right now, this stuff's gotta stay on the DL. Assuming I live to see tomorrow, I will explain. Cheetory, there is a reason for this. And Luna, i don't think I've played with you before, and I don't know if you've watched me, but I never explain my actions when asked.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:53 pm

In post 492, Cephrir wrote:
In post 483, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 479, Cheetory6 wrote:Right.
Is your intention just to be as unpleasant as possible this game DS?
Because that's the vibe I'm getting.
In post 481, Cheetory6 wrote:Like, the number of interactions you've had this game that are just you stirring the pot is really annoying.
You should probably stop.
Please.
In post 482, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 478, DiamondSentinel wrote:And here I was thinking you actually wanted to play this game. I suppose not, though.
Says the guy saying things like:
In post 314, DiamondSentinel wrote:What I show you isn't what is in my head, 90% of the time.
In post 478, DiamondSentinel wrote:I can't explain it right now. Later.
When i ask them questions to understand their thought process

-Luna
Ugh. I'm trying guys, but right now, this stuff's gotta stay on the DL. Assuming I live to see tomorrow, I will explain. Cheetory, there is a reason for this. And Luna, i don't think I've played with you before, and I don't know if you've watched me, but I never explain my actions when asked.
I don't know if you've played mafia before

But that's stupid
It works for me. In fact, it's when I reveal things that the poop hits the fan.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (isolation #69) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:36 am

Depends on what you would talk about. If it's anything concerning the ongoing game, then only the moderator. Otherwise, you're good.

And if you were asking for someone to talk to (because I'm shiz at discerning what people mean over the Internet), then I suppose you could go worse than me.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (isolation #70) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:25 am

Oh, Keyen, if you are town reading me, even if you don't like it, why are you voting for me?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #71) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 am

Were*
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #72) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:42 am

In post 525, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 522, DiamondSentinel wrote:Oh, Keyen, if you are town reading me, even if you don't like it, why are you voting for me?
It doesn't mean that you aren't acting scum bruh.
Another hint: Trust your gut. If you are reading someone as town, even if they act weird, trust your gut. More often than not, it's right. It's when you second guess your intuition that you start to stray off the path of rightness.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #73) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:54 am

In post 528, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 526, Grib wrote::I

It's not a reaction test if you don't give the person time to react to it.
Oh lol.

Anyways, I have a question what does meta mean? because I don't seem to understand it! I'm not familiar with those words cauz y'all can see I'm a newbie.
Meta is more or less "the opinion of the public". For example, when someone says that "claiming negative utility roles" is meta, they mean the public thinks that it's good practice to claim negative utility roles.
In post 530, farside22 wrote:every time Keyen post something ridiculous I feel a brain cell dying in my head.
Don't be rude to the newbie. Everyone was like that at some point.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #74) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:33 am

In post 540, Cheetory6 wrote:Did you have to sleep off the guilt, scum?
It's a proven fact that scum feel no remorse. So I doubt it.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #75) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:35 am

In post 539, hiplop wrote:3 days

Also i stopped replying because some people go to sleep????
It's actually 4, since you'd count the starting and ending day.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #76) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:46 am

In post 546, hiplop wrote:My towniness has no bearing on ms jenners lips
He never said that it did. It was a simple simile.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #77) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:03 am

It doesn't have to. Similes use comparative words including, but not limited to:

As
Than (more than, less than, etc.)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (isolation #78) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:31 am

Umm, @mod, shouldn't Imperium be prodded as well?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #79) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:32 am

Disregard me. I'm an idiot.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #80) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:21 am

5 who haven't posted in over a day and a half. Only 1 on V/LA
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (isolation #81) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:23 am

Ok, we need something to stimulate some conversation.

If you have a negative utility role (Miller, ninja, etc), you should probably claim now. We could use a bit more information about the setup right now.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:41 am

In post 559, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 557, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ok, we need something to stimulate some conversation.

If you have a negative utility role (Miller, ninja, etc), you should probably claim now. We could use a bit more information about the setup right now.
Hello DS, what do you say about the following:

Grib
Hiplop
Medical Junkies
Kdowns

and who are your top suspicion list? Thank you! :)

PEdit: Cheetory, Why are you so obsessed in Wagoning?
Grib I'm unsure of. He seems town-like, but due to my latest games, I'm very hesitant about my early townreads.
Hiplop I really think is scum.
Medical Junkies I'm inclined to put under null-town, but others want him dead so I might trust their judgement.
KDowns is at a solid null-scum.

And I won't say the top of my suspicions list besides Hiplop
In post 561, keyenpeydee wrote:I think DS just ignored me -.-
I didn't ignore you. I just hadn't checked the posts for a bit...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:11 am

Here's the scale.

Very town (or some permutation of it) > town > null town (sorta town, but you're unsure) > null (either seems both town and scum at times or you have no read) > null scum (like null town, but with scum) > scum > very scum
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (isolation #84) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:12 am

Also, i can't really explain my reads. I might try later, but I don't have the time.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #85) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:18 am

Jeez. Mick. You're so irresponsible.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #86) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Boy this game is certainly exciting...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (isolation #87) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Wouldn't it be:
If I was in a game with Adolf Hitler, Satan, and SnarkySnowman, and I could hammer 2 people, I would hammer Snarky twice.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #88) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:10 am

In post 589, camntsuki wrote:all that Shiz with DS asking for Miller claims was scummy af.
everything Grib posts makes we feel like I wanna take a shower.
and Keyen is maybe just a newb... but if he lives to endgame we, the town, lose this game. regardless of his alignment. And if he IS town, which I doubt, he never eats a night kill for us. He just gets mislynched in Lylo.
That's... Awful. I mean, I haven't seen an argument that bad for ages. Although I suppose if I'm going to be lynched for being proactive, fuck it. I wouldn't want to be with you guys in this game anyways.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #89) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:36 am

Grib, part of the reason I don't explain myself is that I can't. My train of thought doesn't articulate very well. (Additionally, it's a case by case basis. At this point, the only thing I can explain that I remember is that I had a darn good reason for thinking that they are scum, so they stay scum for me, but I can't exactly remember why)

Cheet, I am scum hunting. Just because you don't see me explicitly stating "this guy is scum for X reasons" doesn't mean I'm not scum hunting.

Although it does put you on my town list, if slightly above Grib.

I can't tell if Camnsuki is being obtuse/ridiculous or scum. So he stays at null!scum.

PEdit: that suggestion wasn't so we could lynch them. It's so that we know who they are, and then we can ordain a lynch all liars policy later on.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (isolation #90) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:52 am

In post 611, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 610, DiamondSentinel wrote: 1. Grib, part of the reason I don't explain myself is that I can't. My train of thought doesn't articulate very well. (Additionally, it's a case by case basis. At this point, the only thing I can explain that I remember is that I had a darn good reason for thinking that they are scum, so they stay scum for me, but I can't exactly remember why)

2. Cheet, I am scum hunting. Just because you don't see me explicitly stating "this guy is scum for X reasons" doesn't mean I'm not scum hunting.

Although it does put you on my town list, if slightly above Grib.

3. I can't tell if Camnsuki is being obtuse/ridiculous or scum. So he stays at null!scum.

4. PEdit: that suggestion wasn't so we could lynch them. It's so that we know who they are, and then we can ordain a lynch all liars policy later on.
1. Yep this me too lol. :lol:

2. Isn't the point of this game is to share who you suspect and not just keep it at yourself? :roll:

3. Meaning of "! " ? (Sorry) :?

4. Well I think nobody is a Miller or a NU role because nobody claims. Well if I have one then I am sure I'm gonna help the town unless that bitch who has the role is scum sided af. Sorry I swear. :cool:
2. Well, yes, but Day 1 I really keep things under wraps. I'm actually notoriously bad at D1, so that's part of the reason I'm not sharing anything.

3. null!scum is another way to say null scum. I just adopted that after SaGa Frontier Mafia.

4. Yeah, no way. Every game will have, if not a miller, than an ascetic. Unless this has very few power roles. That would be understandable. And if we get no claims by tomorrow, then that would be the analysis I make about the theme.
In post 612, Grib wrote:No one is above me.

/s

I'd like for you to do your best in explaining your reads when they pop into your head, whenever you're able, so you don't forget. Or read your posts again and try to remember why you read someone a certain way. It can only help.

Letting you get away with keeping your reasoning a secret means scum could try and do that to fly under the radar. I don't like that.
Well, I'd have to reread the entire game, and even then, I don't think I'd get the same thoughts, but I could try.

And I'm not trying to fly under the radar. As evident by me having the most posts. I'm a compulsive poster when I play. It's impossible for me to fly under the radar, even when I try.
In post 613, Grib wrote:Like that, your read on Cheeto. Right there. I can track why you're town reading him, at that moment, in the context of that post.

Do more of that, but with other players you have thoughts on.
I do that on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes it makes sense to do that, other times it does. That was one of the few times that it did.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (isolation #91) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:55 am

Page 2: farside's saying "this is something my son watched" leaves me uneasy. It was a "crumb" about her flavor, even though nobody asked for it. I know it doesn't give much at all, but it still leaves me uneasy.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (isolation #92) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:11 am

Page 3-4: Cheetory keeps clinging to minor things. This would typically strike me as "scum-like" but this is definitely Cheetory's personality. So, food for thought.
Cephrir said something that I don't know who it was directed at.
In post 93, Cephrir wrote:I'm not sure if you're both pretty genuine or pretty severely nervous.
Something pings me about this.
Waco has a very very poor start here. Huh.

Page 5: Oh, farside claimed NU, but not what the NU was. So, there's some information on the setup.
Oh Christ, already a massive wall of text by Magna that does nothing but attack me. Make that a scum read.
keyen has an interesting start here... Luckily it has turn around a lot. Still a bit uneasy about it, though. That does remind me of what newbscum like to do, but at a point newbtown and newbscum can be semi-indistinguishable.

Page 6: Oh, wow. Keyen getting defensive because people said he was a newbie. That's not looking good.
134 - Fox: A very astute observation. Although it's almost
too
astute, Luna.
Ok, KDowns, I know this is a long shot, because you never seem to post anymore, but I want you to read Cyberpunk Mafia and Machina Mafia. I don't care your opinions about meta, just do it. (and if you want comparison for scum games, look at SaGa Frontier and/or Metal Gear Solid V). Your statement annoys me to no end when you said "he wants claims and actions before he'll start scumhunting". Well, yes. That's how I scum hunt. Words and statements are up to interpretation, but actions and claims are black and white. The only thing left to sort out is the plausibility for each one, and then its reasoning.

Pedit: In the process of it, Grib.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #93) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:23 am

Page 7-9: Fox completely skimmed over Cheetory's questioning of the townread on me. Interesting. Possible white-knighting on Fox's side? Maybe. It's proven effective by scum on me in the past. (Which holy shit makes a lot of sense because Antihero was the mod for that game and literally said "all it takes is a few sugared words and a coy smile to earn DiamondSentinel's undying devotion" (in my defense it was my first game)).
Cephrir hsa said nothing except one thing that really really pings me.
Looks like he's trying to defend a scumbuddy who hasn't posted yet. I'll have to look into that later.
Ok yeah Cephrir is definitely trying to defend a lurkbuddy.

Page 10-12
Medical Junkies made a terrible jump onto my wagon. That's really terrible.
Why can I still just not read KDowns' posts? Like, I feel a strong urge to just not read them whatsoever.
Still a big whopping nothing from hiplop.

PEdit: That's a solid readlist, kid.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (isolation #94) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:32 am

Page 13-15: Getting a really really strong scumteam with Cephrir and KDowns. Unimaginably strong.
Snarky with another astute, yet ignored observation. I'm referring to 312
Magna doesn't look like scum anymore. Just like, not outstanding play. He can have a town/null!town slot for now.
I look at that wagon and I see a wagon I'm fine with having.
  • Keyen hopped off soon after, so that's cool.
  • Got Cephrir and KDowns, which is a pretty solid scumteam
  • Medical Junkies and MoI, who are both playing substandardly
  • And finally Imperium, who hasn't posted for ages.
A fine wagon to have.

Oh boy! Cephrir played the "lalala I can't hear you" card already. Yeah, he deserves a wagon. VOTE: Cephrir

Referring to this one, btw.
In post 374, Cephrir wrote:@Grib: OK, what did you like about him then?

@DS: I'm giving you an @ just to let you know that I see your posts and I don't care about them.
PEdit: Antihero, that was in Antihero v. Fakegod in the Dead Chat. It was with Shinobi when I was townreading him after everyone else scumread him.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #95) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:33 am

I can go pull the quote, if you'd like. But I really don't want to have to dig that far.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #96) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:40 am

Page 16-17: Holy shit, hiplop flailed hard here. Jeez. Now I don't which wagon people will go with, but hiplop is horribly horribly scum here. That's just unfathomable how scum he is. I don't know if I should go back to vote him, but I urge people to reread Page 16. And 17.

Page 18: Hiplop literally made the first true statement I've ever seen him make all game. "He (DS) is scummy as fuck no matter his alignment". Well, yeah. There's a reason I'm always a leading wagon.

Ok, this is super weird. Hiplop says a shit ton of really valid statements page 18, but the fact that he is still pushing me screams scum.

Fine, he can stay alive until Day 2. Anyone who says that their play will improve after Day 1 deserves the chance to prove it, or else I'd be a hypocrite.

PEdit: He asked "why the townread on DS" and you never answered him. But ok. I thought I had asked Fakegod about that and he had said that it wasn't him, it was you. But then again, my memory is very unreliable.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #97) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:41 am

Ok. My lynch pool for today is KDowns or Cephrir at this point. So my vote on Cephrir stays.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (isolation #98) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:43 am

In post 163, Cheetory6 wrote:Why you were townreading DS* gah. Workposts are hard.
There you go Fox.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #99) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:48 am

What's EBWOP mean? That's an acronym I've never come across.

And also, AH, give me a break. I've hardly thought of this place for 6 months, since I haven't played since March.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #100) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:48 am

Cheetory, Fox, since you're both here, can you give me thoughts on Cephrir and/or KDowns. I understand if you don't have much on KDowns since he's posted jack shit.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (isolation #101) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:08 am

Well, for me, the biggest thing is that Ceph consistently tried to defend lurkers (way more than was logical), which makes me think that he's scum defending a lurking buddy, so there's a list of people, including KDowns who fits that bill.

And then the kicker. He said "Out of everyone here, I know KDowns the best, and this fits his character". That's a major red flag. He is essentially saying "Nobody here knows him except for me so you guys just have to trust me on this that he's not terrible".

Cheetory, Cephrir was the one who said that this was typical for KDowns. That's why he's at the top of the list for me.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #102) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:20 am

In post 648, Cheetory6 wrote:How often do you see scum do something like that to a scummate?
It's more common than you'd think. I did that the entire MGSV for PeregrineV (although there was a whole different point to it)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #103) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:25 am

In post 651, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 647, DiamondSentinel wrote:Well, for me, the biggest thing is that Ceph consistently tried to defend lurkers (way more than was logical), which makes me think that he's scum defending a lurking buddy, so there's a list of people, including KDowns who fits that bill.
as someone with a similar experience level to ceph, i can say that what he said about "lurking out the rvs" is accurate. anyone with a job (or something else going on in rl) will know why it's accurate.
In post 647, DiamondSentinel wrote:And then the kicker. He said "Out of everyone here, I know KDowns the best, and this fits his character". That's a major red flag. He is essentially saying "Nobody here knows him except for me so you guys just have to trust me on this that he's not terrible".
uh... i mean... if he knows kdowns in a context outside mafia it would make sense for him to say that...?
1. I understand that people have a life outside of mafia. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to post because I just started going to University, but I've had a lot more time than I first suspected. But I digress.
2. I don't have a problem with the premise. It's the way he said it. "Sheep me because I know him" is the implied sentiment.

PEdit: That's partially true, but the thing is that this motivation is more likely than benevolence. Cephrir's playstyle this far has shown that when he does step in, he likes to be in control of things (shown by his wait-and-see policy)

Additionally, KDowns reminds me a lot of PV's play. "Let's do nothing worth noting so that I still have some activity, but it doesn't help at all"

PPEdit: @Farside It's not the statement itself that irks me. It's that it wasn't requested. I don't really care about your flavor.
@Cheetory You would defend them, but I know for a fact you'd give more reason than "I know them, so just sheep me". You'd give specific examples, and point out reasoning behind certain quirky behaviors.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (isolation #104) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:26 am

In post 656, camntsuki wrote:Got prodded during my vla!

Also just looking at grib's 593 he can hang for that
How does such a small post warrent rope?

He asked for you to articulate your thoughts, and then he expressed curiocity on a read you had.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (isolation #105) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:34 am

In post 662, Cheetory6 wrote:i) Work is a lot harder to balance with mafia than school in my experience.
ii) If kdowns was still lurking by like.. end of day, then I would understand the sentiment you have towards him, but this early in the phase when he's made it pretty clear he's busy just makes this seem a little unreasonable and goes back to what Anti's trying to get at.
iii) I'm pretty sure there's been times where I haven't elaborated on things in the same situation but now we're getting into a weird conversation that's not really about the game anymore >.>. Basically I don't really think that it's scummy that Ceph doesn't give reasoning/overexplain himself there? I can maybe look to see if Ceph's activity this game has been opportunistic when I'm back from lunch, but as far as I can recall his engagement has seemed pretty reasonable/organic?
keyen wrote:Cheet, Scum slip? maybe?
I don't really understand how it would be a slip in that context.. a slip implies that it's like an accidental reveal of something where this would have to be a very intentional move by Ceph?

P-Edit: I mean, that's defending him to some extent at least though >.>
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please never EVER use organic like that again. I just had Arrow S4 flashbacks.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #106) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:41 am

Cephrir, answer me this. Why would you bother defending him when the only pressure on him (if you could call it that) was that people said that he wasn't posting anything worthwihle (Which he wasn't)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (isolation #107) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:46 am

In post 674, Cephrir wrote:
In post 671, DiamondSentinel wrote:Cephrir, answer me this. Why would you bother defending him when the only pressure on him (if you could call it that) was that people said that he wasn't posting anything worthwihle (Which he wasn't)
Why would I do that if he was my scumbuddy? I was letting whoever it was know that I didn't agree with their line of thought and maybe they should rethink it instead of wasting more time on the same direction. I would say I've learned my lesson, but I'm stupid and will probably do it again in the future
There are 2 choices you could do with a "deadweight" (obviously a huge misnomer. What I mean is one that's taking flak) partner.

You can put so much pressure on him that everyone else backs off (T-Bone did this to me in MGSV)

You can defend him in sly, underhanded ways that would take a lot of finnicky thinking to connect.

I personally think you're trying the second. It's also the one that I look for. My logic may seem oftentimes counterintuitive, but more often than not, it's simply a case of moonlogic.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #108) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:19 am

VOTE: Camntsuki

Agreed. For glory!
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (isolation #109) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:56 am

In post 686, keyenpeydee wrote:I can sense a Camn/Snarky/Hiplop/Kdowns team. Or Cephrir and Kdowns.
Hiplop and Snarky I'm unsure about. They are null/null!scum
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #110) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:18 am

In post 691, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 689, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 686, keyenpeydee wrote:I can sense a Camn/Snarky/Hiplop/Kdowns team. Or Cephrir and Kdowns.
Hiplop and Snarky I'm unsure about. They are null/null!scum
Still unsure about SS. Hiplop is just kinda not taking the game too seriously.
The thing is, at lot of what Snarky said had a lot of merit, but little pertinence to the game.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #111) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 am

Hippo, it'd be better for you if you weren't, because now it shows that you're just being deliberately obtuse.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (isolation #112) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:36 am

In post 697, Cephrir wrote:
In post 683, SnarkySnowman wrote:Isn't suggesting a Jester a very scummy thing to do, generally?
Isn't having your own opinion instead of asking what you're supposed to think a townie thing to do, generally?

VOTE: SnarkySnowman
In post 695, DiamondSentinel wrote:Hippo, it'd be better for you if you weren't, because now it shows that you're just being deliberately obtuse.
... :/

I think I'm okay with letting DS and keyen play their own little game of whatever it is they think they're doing and ignoring them. :]

Hey DS when you call this comment scummy I'm not going to care :]
Eh, compared to your other stuff, this is almost saintlike.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #113) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:45 am

I can already tell the mod is facepalming at the beautiful teamwork we are showing...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (isolation #114) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:25 pm

In post 715, Cephrir wrote:If anyone is viking anyone it should probably be the players who are going to be hard to deal with/don't make much sense
You mean yourself, right?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (isolation #115) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:05 pm

In post 731, Grib wrote:I am V/LA and the second top poster in this game.

Clearly I have a problem.

fake edit: Waco, babe, I have questions for you.
There has been maybe 1-2 games that I've played that I wasn't top poster. Clearly
I
have a problem.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (isolation #116) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:24 pm

In post 734, hiplop wrote:
In post 695, DiamondSentinel wrote:Hippo, it'd be better for you if you weren't, because now it shows that you're just being deliberately obtuse.
youre literally the last person on this site who can say this
I plead the fifth.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (isolation #117) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:15 pm

In post 762, Grib wrote:
In post 746, hiplop wrote:
In post 739, Grib wrote:
In post 736, hiplop wrote:eh snarky gets lynched day one like literally every game

i dont really think the snowman is any scummier than usual
Cite three games.
no. If you really want just search any of his games. Gets lynched a whole lot
But why bother making statements if you aren't going to back them up?
If you expect everyone to back everything up 100% of the time, you will likely be sorely disappointed.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (isolation #118) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:26 pm

In post 765, hiplop wrote:you didnt argue when I said DS gets pushed a lot?
Because that's irrefutable.
In post 767, Grib wrote:
In post 763, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 762, Grib wrote:
In post 746, hiplop wrote:
In post 739, Grib wrote:
In post 736, hiplop wrote:eh snarky gets lynched day one like literally every game

i dont really think the snowman is any scummier than usual
Cite three games.
no. If you really want just search any of his games. Gets lynched a whole lot
But why bother making statements if you aren't going to back them up?
If you expect everyone to back everything up 100% of the time, you will likely be sorely disappointed.
MS always disappoints me.
That is also irrefutable.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (isolation #119) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:02 pm

Is this L-1? Because I feel like pulling a DGB here.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (isolation #120) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:07 pm

DGB apparently always quickhammers. That was her bullshit reason she gave in Cyberpunk Mafia when she quickhammered someone in the middle of a conversation and she was town.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (isolation #121) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:45 pm

I am too. Of course, it was the last game I played on this site. So it's still fairly fresh in my mind.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (isolation #122) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:18 pm

KDowns... Ooh boy. I sure hope you can do more than that.

Why can I never get a Vig. Or better yet, when I finally can kill people, they are always immune to my kill. Ugh.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (isolation #123) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:51 am

Not really, Waco. Lynchbait is not alignment-indicative, so him saying that he can't read Snarky isn't really a switch-up.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #124) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:30 am

In post 805, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 708, camntsuki wrote: oh PS-
Keyen: Call me a bitch again. I dare you.
Sorry for calling you a bitch. *Hugs* Nothing personal, dear.
In post 791, camntsuki wrote:Real Townies use lynches to kill people.
Preach Queen Preach.

Anyways I am sheeping because I trust y'all guts and I really have a feeling with Snowman too.

UNVOTE: Camntsuki

Read kdowns post, I read him as a null town but still not off my suspicion list. Hiplop looks town because I can see him being not too serious about the game. Still not off my suspicion list.

DS, Idk about him. I read him as town but I still include the fact that maybe he's using his friendly self on me so that I can't suspect him because I can seriously feel him being friendly.

Waco is suspicious. I'll check if It's just me.
1. I am being friendly because that's how I am with new players. It's not until later that I'll bring out the beast inside. :lol:
(I'm kidding. I am generally a friendly person)
In post 806, Grib wrote:hiplop's vote could be a bus.
Almost undoubtably.
In post 807, Medical Junkies wrote:Could someone explain the Snarky wagon?

Btw I skimmed majority of the game.

Also tammy/Nacho could you both talk to me when you get the chance?

~M
Probably not. They are likely getting replaced soon.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (isolation #125) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:31 am

Oh wait, I was gonna say multiple things to you.

Anyways,

2. Could you give some reasons why you have KDowns as null!town?

3. Didn't you just have hiplop as a scum read?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (isolation #126) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:42 am

They were prodded and haven't responded to the prod and it's quickly approaching the deadline

Edit: Nevermind. They responded after the prod it looks like and I just didn't notice.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (isolation #127) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:48 am

@MoI

Setup speculation typically works well. Shos' game was an entirely different situation (and still bullshit. It was borderline bastard. "You are unable to be killed [except by these sources which you have no idea about]". There's a difference between swingy and lying to people)

Additionally, there are a variety of situations that Farside's claim could turn up badly. One that I'm thinking of is a ludicrous claim that she then points back to it and says "see, I was already talking about it from day 1" (I don't know exactly how it would work. I'm quite terrible at lying or figuring out ways in which someone would lie in some made-up, hypothetical situation)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #128) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:51 am

In post 834, Grib wrote:I'm not especially sympathetic to people who /know/ they're lynchbait and make no effort to change it.

Citing it to deter people from lynching you is pretty bad.
Admitedely, though, there are certain times that you can't really avoid being lynchbait. Oftentimes, my scumhunting ends up really really weirdly misinterpreted, so they try to lynch me (granted, I've never been a D1 lynch, but I digress). Some people are just unorthadox.

Although it is a very weak self-defense. I do agree that you should never cite that as a reason that people shouldn't lynch you, and it does make me want to lynch him a bit.

PEdit: And the role often fits the flavor.

PPEdit: It might not for you, Ceph, but with the review process, setups are pretty predictable.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (isolation #129) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:04 am

Cephrir, let me rephrase that, then. I have not been in a Theme game without either a miller or an ascetic. Therefore, until I am in one, I will continue to follow my intuition.

MoI, it was a simple statement that I didn't like that statement for some reason I couldn't quite identify. It wasn't any type of mudslinging. (Also, stop basing your opinions of me off of GTA mafia. Only me and Firebringer truly know what went down with us there)

PEdit: Ascetic can't be targetted by any non-killing role.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (isolation #130) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:09 am

In post 847, Cephrir wrote:okay but a) i just showed you why that's stupidand b) no one has claimed negative utility in this game ergo c) shut up??
Someone sorta claimed a negative utility role.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (isolation #131) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:49 am

In post 852, Cephrir wrote:we just went over how they didn't

read
But someone had claimed NU earlier.
In post 853, Grib wrote:If I claim PGO, will everybody stop making noise.
No.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (isolation #132) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:25 am

Ok. (don't really get why you would say Negative Utility if it's just your flavor)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (isolation #133) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 am

Man, this wagon really doesn't have any resistance.

And hadn't it popped up in like two days?

We need a counter wagon...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (isolation #134) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:29 am

In post 862, Cheetory6 wrote:Anti. I just used my ohmmeter on the snarky wagon and I got a value of 0.
;S
My joke is funnier than DS's.
Oh yeah?

“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #135) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:39 am

In post 871, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 862, Cheetory6 wrote:i got a lot of swirlies when i was in middle school
In post 868, DiamondSentinel wrote:yeah, me too
I didn't get any swirlies, thank you very much...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (isolation #136) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:42 am

Let's all agree. Cephrir is the one most likely to have gotten a lot of swirlies in middle school.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (isolation #137) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:43 am

Hiplop*
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (isolation #138) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:43 am

Hiplop is definitely the most likely.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (isolation #139) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:48 am

I mean, it might be possible

PEdit: No way. I don't believe it.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #140) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:17 am

In post 884, hiplop wrote:
In post 881, DiamondSentinel wrote:I mean, it might be possible

PEdit: No way. I don't believe it.
Spoiler: would you not vote for this guy?

imagine that spammed across the school. Got dat viral marketing campaign
I most certainly wouldn't...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (isolation #141) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:19 am

CUPCAKE WARS!

I sorta love that show. I mean, it's cupcakes! But the people on there annoy me.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (isolation #142) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:44 am

I mean, she had in ~the lower half of the postcount that game. Well, right around the median. But one game doesn't mean that a trend is suddenly invalid.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (isolation #143) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:47 am

Could be a he. I dunno. I'm bad with genders.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (isolation #144) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:52 am

In post 906, Cephrir wrote:(that's because she died halfway through it)
Minor details
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (isolation #145) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:55 am

The irony of that last post is not lost on me, MoI
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (isolation #146) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:03 pm

In post 923, Imperium wrote:and i think this is the only player that i've played with that this holds true for
if i have a bunch of townreads elsewhere that i feel good about then sure it's snarky time but otherwise probably not, regardless of case
Can you read me, Nacho/Tammy (I don't know which one this is). I don't think you can. Very few can read me consistently.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (isolation #147) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:10 pm

In post 928, Imperium wrote:
In post 925, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 923, Imperium wrote:and i think this is the only player that i've played with that this holds true for
if i have a bunch of townreads elsewhere that i feel good about then sure it's snarky time but otherwise probably not, regardless of case
Can you read me, Nacho/Tammy (I don't know which one this is). I don't think you can. Very few can read me consistently.
this is something that many people have also said before
it doesn't often hold true, though
Ok. Correction.

Very few people read me until I am put up to L-1.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #148) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:25 pm

In post 932, camn wrote:Ok, Nacho.

UNVOTE:
wat
In post 935, farside22 wrote:Cats is very much a scum tell.
Camn is typically an instant town read.
Mj wagon again....man.
Let's do something different for a moment.

Vote: camntuski
Much confuse. Very intrigue. Wow.

Though seriously. I'm interesting in what you're trying to do.
In post 936, Imperium wrote:
In post 927, Imperium wrote:i'm sort of sad that ds shifted from fake back to ridiculously obnoxious again
am no idea why "negative utility roles" are still a thing that is being talked about 30 pages later. ds?
That'd be old man who brought that up. He said something about that I suck at setup spec and cited that.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #149) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Day 1? No plz
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (isolation #150) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:31 pm

In post 945, camntsuki wrote:why not, sentinel?
Day 1 is very preemptive. Additionally, by the wording of the town faction, we can know for a fact what flavor is town and scum.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (isolation #151) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:34 pm

In post 967, Medical Junkies wrote:
In post 805, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 708, camntsuki wrote: oh PS-
Keyen: Call me a bitch again. I dare you.
Sorry for calling you a bitch. *Hugs* Nothing personal, dear.
In post 791, camntsuki wrote:Real Townies use lynches to kill people.
Preach Queen Preach.

Anyways I am sheeping because I trust y'all guts and I really have a feeling with Snowman too.

UNVOTE: Camntsuki

Read kdowns post, I read him as a null town but still not off my suspicion list. Hiplop looks town because I can see him being not too serious about the game. Still not off my suspicion list.

DS, Idk about him. I read him as town but I still include the fact that maybe he's using his friendly self on me so that I can't suspect him because I can seriously feel him being friendly.

Waco is suspicious. I'll check if It's just me.
This is a very bad vote, but it's basically coming down to obvious scum versus bad/new town and I may be willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the latter. Waiting and seeing.
Did... WHY?
In post 859, Fox McCloud wrote:VOTE: snarky
Piss poor move, especially with nothing to back that vote up.
In post 903, hiplop wrote:can we lynch mj now? please
Do stuff please? Asking people to vote other people isn't doing stuff. It's not scum hunting. It's asking mommy for permission.
In post 954, Cheetory6 wrote:I kind of want to print out that post.
And mount it on my wall.
With the caption "fakest attempt at making me look like scum".
Lol.
Thanks for the laugh Kuroi.
No problem. I'm laughing as well because you posted more fluff.
Thanks.
It blends so well with my peanut butter.
In post 957, Grib wrote:God, what am I gonna do if hiplop is actually
town
I'll ask myself that same question if he turns town.
With keyen's vote, I'm also worried about the same thing. He might be pulling a Dwlee. (Basically suck so badly that nobody even gives you any credence (also not saying you suck. You're just really played the new town card here, Keyen. You seem to be doing well))
In post 969, Grib wrote:Yup.

PGO right here.

Fear me.
That's a scummy claim...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (isolation #152) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:40 pm

In post 980, Medical Junkies wrote:Oh PGO is so not a scummy claim.

But I mean the joking is obvious to anyone.

~M
Fmpov it is very scummy. I have only seen scum claim it (and claimed it myself)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #153) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Wait. Was Grib not claiming PGO? I'm really confused.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (isolation #154) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:58 pm

In post 1005, Medical Junkies wrote:DS, you have no exp with Grib, do you?
Less than the second Magikarp a completionist catches.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (isolation #155) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:00 pm

In post 1008, Waco Kid wrote:
In post 1003, DiamondSentinel wrote:Wait. Was Grib not claiming PGO? I'm really confused.
Go back through the iso, there's a few posts that makes it obv
That's work...

So, no.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (isolation #156) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:25 pm

An astute observation.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (isolation #157) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Regardless of if its rude, it's the truth.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (isolation #158) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:37 pm

[sigh]

Let's try starting this game over, and keep a better mental outlook (myself included)

Hello everyone. My name is DiamondSentinel. I am definitely town. You can trust me.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (isolation #159) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Now here is where you politely throw a vote at me all jokingly and say "lol only scum say they are town"
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (isolation #160) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:38 pm

And then someone says something scummy and we procede from there.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (isolation #161) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm going to let you guys have your fun for the rest of the day. I will only vote to hammer (so don't take someone to L-1 if you don't want them dead).
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (isolation #162) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:20 am

In post 1085, Eleven wrote:
Vote Count 1.16

[5] SnarkySnowman ~ MagnaofIllusion, Cephrir, Grib, keyenpeydee, Fox McCloud
[3] Medical Junkies ~ hiplop, Imperium, Cheetory6
[2] Grib ~ camntsuki, BROseidon
[2] camntsuki ~ DiamondSentinel, farside22
[1] DiamondSentinel ~ kdowns
[1] kdowns ~ Waco Kid
[1] Waco Kid ~ SnarkySnowman

Not Voting (3) - ConManMick, Dekes, Medical Junkies

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch!

Grib is V/LA till the 17th.
kdowns is V/LA until the 18th.
Prodding ConmanMick

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-08-24 14:00:00)[/color]

T E E N TIT ANS TEEN TITANS LETS GO!
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (isolation #163) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:20 am

Good shit. Stuff was my childhood.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (isolation #164) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:00 am

Wait.

When did I hop on Camnsuki?!
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (isolation #165) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:01 am

Oh yes. For glory.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #166) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:31 am

In post 1102, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also the Snarky wagon dissipating on Nachos cute but irrelevant “Oh, no-one can read him” tale I think will be a great place to start looking for bussers who hopped at the first sign of an easy exit.

@Imperium
– why are you ignoring my question about Tammy’s participation in the hydra?

So Medical Junkies just claimed to be 100% Mod Confirmed Day 2. So that is a self-solving problem and anyone still clinging to a lynch on that slot can be scum.

--
In post 1062, camntsuki wrote:People who "project town" end up dead, mostly. And most endgames are a bunch of lurkertown and a bunch of scumzors, and the games suck and scum win.
Complains about how it is Pro-scum to not “project Town”. Proudly states it is what they are doing.

Lynch away!
In post 1095, camntsuki wrote:w/e. I'm going to bed, but if this wagon builds steam:
We are Clifford, The big Red Dog, and we are Vanilla.

g'night! Lynch us if you want!
A VT claim with like 4 total votes?

More Camnt votes. This needs to happen today.

--
In post 854, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 852, Cephrir wrote:we just went over how they didn't

read
But someone had claimed NU earlier.
No.
In post 1003, DiamondSentinel wrote:Wait. Was Grib not claiming PGO? I'm really confused.
Based on these quotes color me incredulous that Diamond actually wants us to believe he is confused that Grib isn’t joke-claiming. Because quote 1 says that he saw the initial joke Grib made.
Umm, that first quote was me saying "you can claim it but it honestly won't solve anything". I thought he really was claiming (also, I wanted him to not hint at it anymore because if he was PGO, we *might* get a scum on him)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (isolation #167) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:48 am

[sigh]

1. I was mobile posting. I've been switching between mobile and laptop throughout the day. It sucks to cut down on posts.

2. I mean, yeah. I don't have a very good ability to discern what people mean (thus why the majority of my reads come from night actions)

3. I really didn't read any of those as jokes. I thought he was being serious.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #168) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:55 am

Can we hurry up and lynch this kid. I could really use a new day.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (isolation #169) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:08 am

In post 1114, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 1111, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we hurry up and lynch this kid. I could really use a new day.
This is suspicious. Wanting to lynch this "kid" means that you can have another day OR maybe avoid this lynch so that you can kill this night huh?
Neither.

It's so that we can get out of fucking day 1. I hate D1 with a fiery passion. It's 100% speculation.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (isolation #170) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:55 am

Oh boy this is already turning out better than UNI MUM...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (isolation #171) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:56 am

[that was sarcasm. UNI MUM fucking sucked and this is seeming to be even worse]
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (isolation #172) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:18 am

Seconded.

Anyways, I like this wagon. This is a good wagon.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (isolation #173) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:32 am

Hello human.

I assume you are... I have never met you before.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (isolation #174) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:23 am

Seconded.

At first I thought katsuki was just like this in AvF. I now see it's a general trend.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (isolation #175) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:42 am

In post 1161, keyenpeydee wrote:Sometimes I wonder why people play mafia if they take everything too seriously.

PEdit: DS, AvF?

Omg acronyms! (Sorry for asking a lot about them because I'm not used to use them. Thank you for your patience)
old game. My first one onsite. Antihero v. Fakegod.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (isolation #176) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:59 am

I don't think this is fake... Katsuki seems to do this a lot...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (isolation #177) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:30 am

In post 1168, camntsuki wrote:
In post 1160, DiamondSentinel wrote:Seconded.

At first I thought katsuki was just like this in AvF. I now see it's a general trend.
I had a genuine right to be angry in that game when I would have carried the town if not for kondiklick LOLBOMBING 3 RL days into the game.
I dunno. It was pretty funny.
In post 1169, Fox McCloud wrote:the camntsuki wagon isn't very good
Au contraire, I think it's a wonderful wagon.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (isolation #178) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:04 am

Well, Fox, Cephrir, good thing we don't have to convince everyone. That's the beauty of majority.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (isolation #179) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:33 am

I thought that was scummy, hiplop. I mean, people have frequently cited me as scum for the same things.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (isolation #180) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 am

Oh yes. This has been the general trend of conversation, Imperium.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (isolation #181) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:12 am

In post 1215, Imperium wrote:
In post 1213, DiamondSentinel wrote:Oh yes. This has been the general trend of conversation, Imperium.
who is your current pick for scum?
Somewhere in the realm of camntsuki, cephrir, Fox (lower pick, though), hiplop, kdowns, and MJ. But this is a very very rough list. There is very little information for me to use effectively.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (isolation #182) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:17 am

You played Machina mafia with me.

And you should recognize that my behavior lines up almost exactly with that game.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (isolation #183) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:25 am

In post 1223, Imperium wrote:
In post 1220, DiamondSentinel wrote:You played Machina mafia with me.

And you should recognize that my behavior lines up almost exactly with that game.
i don't remember your behavior from Machina, all I remember is a townread that I don't really have here although that could be in part to not really reading the entire day. I don't think that your scumhunting has been anything impressive or memorable (your vote on camntsuki is a holdover from RVS, right?), you've been quick to chime in on useless conversations but nothing that seems like it could possibly be going anywhere. I'm willing to give you time since the paranoia will inevitably set in if you're town.
It's not an RVS vote, but I can see why you'd think that.

Also, to quote Wisdom from Machina...

"DS is a newbie who's used to solving everything with night actions and evidently does not possess the skill to scumhunt during the day."

I've worked at it, but day scumhunting, especially D1, is not my forte.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (isolation #184) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Ok. That self-vote deserves a lynch with fire.

Town should NEVER EVER SELF VOTE.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (isolation #185) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:52 pm

In post 1265, camntsuki wrote:
In post 1261, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ok. That self-vote deserves a lynch with fire.

Town should NEVER EVER SELF VOTE.
Policy lynch us then.
You will get our townflip, and we will but this game in our rearview.
I'm giving you the extra vote... if you have the juice, get it done!

Just please, god, make today end.

I will hammer Grib, DS or Snarky.
Katz will Hammer MOI, or probably anyone else except Nacho. Put them at L-1 and we will do the work.
Camn. If you are town, then remove that vote right now. You are strictly playing against your wincon, if you are town, as you are obstructing information that could help town.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (isolation #186) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Got any rum, Fox?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (isolation #187) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:35 pm

In post 1294, Fox McCloud wrote:i... happen to have tequila. no bailey's.
In post 1291, DiamondSentinel wrote:Got any rum, Fox?
youre 18. no.

/waits for 11
You don't know where I live.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (isolation #188) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Very... :p
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (isolation #189) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Interressant.

How about this. Waco, let's get a claim from you, too. And then we'll decide who dies.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (isolation #190) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:11 pm

I dunno. Camnsuki claimed at 6.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1305 (isolation #191) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:16 pm

I'll join! I love townblocs. Does it include a neighborhood? I really love those.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (isolation #192) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Yeah, time to start playing. You've had a slight issue with this in both games I've been in with you (and I don't really care about your excuse for it)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (isolation #193) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:57 pm

In post 1310, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1308, DiamondSentinel wrote:Yeah, time to start playing. You've had a slight issue with this in both games I've been in with you (and I don't really care about your excuse for it)
I mean, I am playing?

"You don't play mafia the way I think everyone should play it, therefore you aren't playing it."

You know what happens when everyone spams up the thread with incoherent walls of shit? The game becomes massively unfun.

So I'll leave that to you while I both don't shit up the thread and end up with better reads than you (assuming you are, in fact, town, which I'm not particularly compelled to believe at this point).
Actually, I was more talking about how you have an issue with lurking. Not like PV does. But still, it's an issue at times (again, don't care about the reasons)
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (isolation #194) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:28 pm

In post 1315, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1313, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1310, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1308, DiamondSentinel wrote:Yeah, time to start playing. You've had a slight issue with this in both games I've been in with you (and I don't really care about your excuse for it)
I mean, I am playing?

"You don't play mafia the way I think everyone should play it, therefore you aren't playing it."

You know what happens when everyone spams up the thread with incoherent walls of shit? The game becomes massively unfun.

So I'll leave that to you while I both don't shit up the thread and end up with better reads than you (assuming you are, in fact, town, which I'm not particularly compelled to believe at this point).
Actually, I was more talking about how you have an issue with lurking. Not like PV does. But still, it's an issue at times (again, don't care about the reasons)
I'm not sure whether to respond with condescending snark or actual content, so you get both.

1) And I'm still a better player than you. What does that say about your spamming up the thread every fucking game
2) A certain portion of the game needs to lurk at various parts of the game, especially in a large. Lurking with 5-7 people left? Yeah, problem. Lurking because it's day 1 of a large game and people are spamming everywhere and you want day 1 to not hit 100 pages
again
? Correct.

Not to mention contextual lurking based on PR-play and mixups for PR play, but I don't really think you have the nuance to employ those tactics so I'll leave it at that.
I thought you said you were going to be snarky. Not facetious. The fact that you would put 2 completely different playstyles up beside each other and said objectively that one is better than the other is ridiculous. I won't get into why it's ridiculous now, but expect a nice long rant post-game.

Also, you lurking will not stop a game from reaching 100 pages on its own. If it's going to reach that far, then give content so that people can actually read you. Cool? Cool.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (isolation #195) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Haha! Oh I hear this every game.

And then I live to D3-4 and I'm one of the strongest town reads. It's really unfortunate...
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (isolation #196) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:42 pm

If I were a Vig I would have shot Ceph ages ago.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1332 (isolation #197) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:53 pm

I suppose RNGsus has a sense of humor, never giving me Vig.

It probably just comes to those who do not wish to use it.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (isolation #198) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:01 pm

And don't forget the person writing it. So that makes at least 3.

How kind of them to write out their own scum team.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (isolation #199) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:38 am

Transcend, why are you throwing out that random vote?
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”