Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #732 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Errantparabola »

UNVOTE:
things will come immediately post game read.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #738 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Hi.

--
TL;DR: LEADER MECHANICS THEORY AND WHY I DON'T AGREE WITH EQUINOX

Unless i'm misreading (and Im actually having a hard time believing what i interpreted to be the sequence of events leading to katsuki-leader):

So Equinox said that mykonian's leader description implied a scenario where everyone in the town becomes a kingmaker-style hero or something when leader decides to execute someone.

this is a very valid interpretation of what myko sent me but judging from the wording and what i know of the game it isn't the only plausible interpretation of leader mechanics, and I don't really know why everyone just assumed it was the correct one. The wording is vague enough that it could mean a number of different things if you pick incorrectly (death being most definitely the most severe)

jelly's conclusions of what happens if leader point to the leader mechanic being insane power for town. The one major balancing factor for this power (namely the fact that we don't know exactly what it is) becomes a wash as soon as a leader performs a kill on town, and then that knowledge gives town the edge for the rest of the game. Plausible but not probable imo.

btw, I wanted to gauge how much of an advantage it would give town. I asked myko if the leader losing abilities also applied to member of the scum performing nightkill and he said yes.

--
TL;DR: I LIKE JELLY (ALTHOUGH PEANUT BUTTER IS BETTER!)

I'm still trying to get a coherent theory out of my scattered shitty notes, but I'm confident that the keystone here is jelly (who by the way, is godtier at organizing his posts. every wallpost ever should be more like jelly's posts.)

I read D1 associations, etc. with the knowledge that KTS was scum, and I think that jelly's posts gel best with that knowledge. scumKTS pushes bulba hard, and UTL by association (and also some "gut") which fits into the same universe (???) as jelly's game view (townread on UTL and pre-guilty townread on bulba).

KTS tosses around a lot of names in that one big thought dump but not in any really meaningful manner. it's mainly those two that he made a solid stance on

--
TL;DR: I DON'T LIKE ANYONE ELSE THAT MUCH

I'm trying to put out townfeelers and am having a really hard time getting there other than jelly right now. I find it interesting that implosion is throwing out townreads left and right but doesn't make any hard pushes.

Assuming that eventually kats/bulba is going to get sorted out, i think that pitoli's slot/ducks/implosion are all below par.

Assuming that cogito/drk are fake masons which will also get sorted out, i'm not in love with either of those two either.

--
TL;DR: QUESTION FOR DGB (ALSO HIPLOP LYNCH)

the reasons for the hiplop lynch (namely, jelly's case) are not good, although i would like hiplop to actually do something about it (or claim and prepare for lynch, either way)

dgb let me ask a question that i'm pretty sure i know the answer to: you townread hiplop in and vote hiplop in . why?

--
i have math homework due in two hours. so bye.

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #739 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Oh, and if DGB/DRK/others want to get on
VOTE: lalaladucks
for great justice and glory at any point, i'll be there

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #760 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Errantparabola »

hiplop still needs to claim (or present a godly defense, which most likely isn't happening). i'll give him a day, maybe.
In post 740, UpTooLate wrote:I guess I don't really get the sudden ducks wagon, and I really dislike the timing.
i feel like this statement's town/scumminess hinges entirely on hiplop's alignment
(its wrongness does not hinge on anything, however)
In post 748, implosion wrote:the game where we hydrad is maybe a bad indicator of my meta? I often/usually wind up throwing out townreads left and right. I don't usually make hard pushes early unless I feel like I have something more solid than average and this game I have yet to find something that is as solid as average.

I don't think I get your pj townread - it's because you think his thoughts mirrored what they should on d1?
Ah, sorry. I think I might have come across as saying I thought that particular part of your play was scummy. i don't think it is.
but i think it's not completely useless to note that we have incredibly differing views on the game.

regarding townread- yes, that is the biggest chunk of it.

stay tuned: next post is lalaladucks-centric.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #761 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I think that ducks right now is scummier, but I also think that
VOTE: hiplop
needs to happen (this will change if other people are willing to rope ducks)
i think hiplop needs to be at L-1
In post 747, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 739, Errantparabola wrote:Oh, and if DGB/DRK/others want to get on
VOTE: lalaladucks
for great justice and glory at any point, i'll be there
why??
your posts (when they have content) have a lot of padding. examples: says nothing. fluff posts say nothing

you are also pretty focused on your image (which is okay in a vacuum, i guess, but it's a contributing factor to how i look at you in this game). examples: overly carefree fluff posts. "I think i'm paranoid"

you're taking potshots at people without focusing in on them and achieving something. Examples: has a lot of these. D2 posts have a lot of comments with no weight behind them.

--
and most recently:

you went in on hiplop death (and i guess you were confident enough about it to tell other people to vote him in )
Also- considering your post right after cogito asked you if you were good at scumhunting (which was right after your hiplop vote), you said that your gut reads were pretty good shit. As in- you specifically pointed to your gut reads as the single part of your play that you considered an outlier of accuracy compared to the rest of your play.

So i'm going to assume that-
- hiplop was a gut/tonal read
- your gut/tonal reads are good
- you were confident enough in this good read to tell other people to vote hiplop

then you drop the hiplop wagon without another word in favor of chasing a 100% vanity wagon with a very unconvincing case
and the weirdest thing is you just like... don't mention why hiplop somehow dug himself out of this hole without doing a single thing

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #763 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Errantparabola »

i think it would be pretty cool if a schmod hammered a schmod in a game where a schmod is the mod

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #785 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

For jelly

In post 778, petroleumjelly wrote:7.) Errantparabola, in Post #738 you indicate that the reasons to vote hiplop are "not good." But after putting hiplop back at L-1 you suggest that hiplop should claim or "present a godly defense." Why would hiplop need to have a "godly" defense if you don't think the case on him is very good?
wish i could give you a better answer to this, man.
the short version- i forgot about hiplop wagon being founded on not good stuff because i didn't have it in my notes (it's in now)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In post 778, petroleumjelly wrote:Largely changing votes so that hiplop is not left at L-1, but (besides Bulbazak) this looks like the best place for my vote in the meantime. I would still prefer a hiplop lynch currently.
you want a hiplop lynch. hiplop has claimed, and if it was some legit town power then you bet your ass he would have let us know.
hiplop's doing basically nothing. let's ride this wagon.

--
For leleledecks

In post 766, lalaladucks wrote:dgb is waaaaaaaay scummier
like if hiplop's scumminess = two blueberries
then dgb's scumminess = a hundred raspberries
if dgb's chance of getting lynched = two blueberries
then hiplop's chance of getting lynched = a hundred raspberries
right?

in addition, I do not believe that you believe that this quote:
In post 754, lalaladucks wrote:like her push on me is pretty bullshit, to start with
and i had to check who she replaced and i can def see skrew being scum matching up with his play
but i wouldn't have wanted to lynch him this early becuz i am snapchat best friends with him
i have no such reservations lynching dgb

i didn't find anything interesting about nahdia's play in the short period they were in the game
equates to "scummy enough that i'm going to ditch this scumread who's gonna get lynched in favor of another scumread who isn't"
look. i'm not saying that you are shit for believing in scum dgb. but i am saying that i think your dgb case, as presented in-thread (maybe you have more things?), is shit.
what line in your dgb case can you point to and reasonably expect me to call a "giant neon scum sign"
In post 766, lalaladucks wrote:why is that more likely to come from scum
if you're town why are you doing it though ;;

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #826 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Errantparabola »

just letting you know don't expect some god tier content today because of celebratory shenans

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #864 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Expect Good Stuff in approx. 4 hours

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #868 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

To ducks, may she stay strong and resilient

In post 787, lalaladucks wrote:dearest errantquintic,
why do you think dgb's chance of rope is so low? i feel like it's a viable option for today, we still have almost a week until deadline and already we have vaseline on the wagon so it's looking like smooth sailing from here on out!
if there's still not much support for dgb lynch by a couple days before deadline i will vote hiplop

oh yes that wasn't a case on dgb. i was saying look it's a scum i wanna lynch here's a half assed omgus reason
i don't expect it to be as clear to others how scummy dgb is because a large part of my scumread hinges on knowing for a fact that i'm town
Sure, I guess there's time to try to swing a better lynch from your perspective. That's reasonable. I would rather not lynch DGB
Could you explain why DGB scum hinges on you being town? I don't see any universe where that's a reasonable thing to say.
In post 848, lalaladucks wrote:i want dgb to be lynched - if people would rather lynch me today i'm fine with that WITH THE CONDITION that when i flip town they -strongly consider- lynching dgb next day.
i think this is an incredibly unsettling thing to say, ducks

--
To hiplop, a wonderful man and good friend

In post 821, hiplop wrote:scum is in EP/ducks/drk

probably the first two
In post 835, hiplop wrote:I think UTL/ducks is scum
eyyyyy. i graduated out of hiplop's shit list (but why)

--
To bulbazak, who i hope gets enough sleep
In post 832, Bulbazak wrote:What's wrong with this statement? And how is it alignment indicative? Give me examples based on Hiplop being town and scum.
You ask me why UTL criticizing the timing/existence of the ducks wagon is weird and bad
I actually read over the context of the situation and what I perceived UTL's stance in the game to be, and I would like to amend my previous statement to say: I think that statement is bad regardless of hiplop's alignment.

Consider this. Why is the timing of the ducks "wagon" (which by the way was just a singular vote) bad from UTL's viewpoint? The only reasonable explanation for this would be because she thinks that I am placing a vote on lalaladucks to try and change the gamestate in a way that benefits scum.

There are two possible reasons that UTL could think this. Either she thinks that lalaladucks is godtier town (which she'd never mentioned) or she thinks that hiplop is scum and I'm trying to divert the lynch away from hiplop (and at the time of the statement, she wasn't voting hiplop, and I also wasn't trying to divert the lynch away from hiplop)

So yeah. all around weird statement to make. I mean, i'm not going to base my perception of UTL's alignment around that one statement, but there you have it.

It's sad that you're getting executed, bulba. I like you.

--
A potpourri of thoughts

I'm feeling... marginally better about implosion after some thinking.
Thanks for the well-wishes, UTL. Also I'm considering that you might be town.
let's also make sure pitoli stops doing nothing at some point too. i'd be down to kill pitoli
In post 857, DrippingGoofball wrote:Deep in my heart I want to lynch ducks but there is no interest.
so i'm not entirely sure where bulba/drk stand on a ducks lynch, but if they want to get on this train, i'm there.
otherwise can we just vote hiplop off the island and move on

sorry kats. no weed for me. I've been invited to a few parties but the people that invited me were assholes, so i didn't go

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1226 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:33 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Thats a shame.
Good show, mafia- you certainly outplayed me :(

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1230 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I live under only one philosophical tenet-
If Equinox has done it, then it must be the right thing to do

So no need to be sorry

Thanks for modding dearest mykonian <3

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1252 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1250, implosion wrote:This game was just an onslaught of big names on MS.
There might have been big names in MS
but you implosion, are the biggest name in my heart

--implosion
provided

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”