Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Monkey »

I'm here ..

Random Vote: Iammars
, b/c I can.

Farside22, I wanted to vote for blackberry .. You just had to go and still my thunder. :P

That's alright, I hit somebody else up for now .. hmm
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Monkey »

farside22 wrote:Scum killed the doc the first night. :shock: . Sigh on with the hunt.
farside22 wrote:What is so scummie about being upset about the doctors death? Isn't scum just as likely to ignore it and point to others who meantion it.
Niv wrote:On the doc thing, It may have worked in the past, however now it's so well nown, i find it scummy when people use it as a scumtell.
Farside22 obviously didn't know it was a scumtell, does that make it one now?

You find it scummy when people use it as a scumtell, so why not fos or vote those that have voted farside?
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Monkey »

Please re-read my last point ..

I was trying to make a point to Niv that what Farside did was indeed a scumtell, more so since Farside didn't seem to think so. :roll:
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Monkey »

EBWOP

This may clear that up ...

Myself wrote: Farside22 obviously didn't know it was a scumtell,
does
doesn't
that make it one now?
Fixed

... and
Unvote: Iammars
, I'm finished with my random vote for now.

Fos: Niv
for assuming that the doc scumtell bit is so well known. Keep in mind that there are always new players joining the site and not all of them know "old scum-tells"

Fos: Farside22
stating the obvious
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Monkey »

farside22 wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
Niv -- tell the truth about who you targetted last night or you die.
You have to explain better then this. Your vote alone does not send someone to the gallows.
Explain what?

He's not asking us to vote along with him .. He's threatening Niv is all.

Mod:
I'll be gone until Sunday night/Monday afternoon due to getting married tonight ..
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Monkey »

Super FOS: Blackberry
Vote: Xtoxm

Xtoxm wrote:
unvote vote niv
then.
I believe that made him L-1
Xtoxm wrote:
Niv wrote:Bah. Go scum, town longer deserves to win this.

/out for any game with blackberry.
Well we were obviously going to lynch you if you didn't say what you actually did...
He didn't know what the hell everyone was talking about probably
Xtoxm wrote:That's so absurd I think I have to believe Blackberry...
You're insane if you believe his claim, I'd be voting for him if I didn't see fit to vote you right now.
Xtoxm wrote:Oh...Right...Well, I don't think so. And he sounds accepting of being lynched to prove it. So I don't think he's lying.
Why wouldn't he be accepting of being lynched, I mean the dude just caused a quick lynch of an innocent. By no means is Blackberry clear of being scum based on his actions though.

Let it be known that I will vote for either blackberry or Xtoxm this day without any hesitation.
Blackberry wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
Submitting the kill is different from performing the kills.

EXAMPLE: Godfather sends NIV to kill MBF"
Oh. I didn't know that. I never been mafia on this site.
Lol, ok.

If NIV = Godfather ... you are highly suspiscious to me.

If NIV = Not Godfather ... you aren't suspiscious whatsoever to me. :)
Note also that the following quote above just sounds like Xtoxm playing the fact that he hasn't been scum on the site just a wee bit too hard. I think that that may be true, but I think he's scum in this game.
Xtoxm wrote:You really think there'll be a vig in a game this small? I don't think so. Maybe a one-shot. But I doubt a normal vig.
What are you scared? You should be. :wink:
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Monkey »

Unvote: Xtoxm
, although he's still suspicious to me.

My suspicion of BB has grown even more though. As for not pointing out Gorrad's hammer vote earlier, it just didn't pop out to me as much as Blackberry's and Xtoxm's posts.

Vote: Blackberry

1. You lied to the town based on a gut feeling.
2. You started what became a quick lynch (Is that better wording for you?)
3. The role you claim today I don't buy for a minute, again I think you're lying.

As I've already stated earlier today, I'm willing to vote for either Blackberry or Xtoxm. I don't normally claim this early, but seeing as what the weather is going to be tonight and the possibility of me being killed I'm going due to the belief that I have of BB knowing my role, I'm the inspector hound.

I'm not positive of my sanity, but based on the events that have taken place so far, I'd say that I'm sane. I rec'd a guilty the first night on blackberry who was randomly chosen and night 2 I chose xtoxm to investigate b/c of his quick decision to vote for Niv and the godfather business.

That would explain also why my mind was narrowed on these two players today and why gorrad wasn't really popping out to me. I've tried to drop subtle hints here and there on my investigations as I've gone through, but I've just got this awkward feeling that BB was aware of them, call it a gut feeling.

Just remember that we're under a heat advisory and we only need 6 votes for the lynch. I think everyone's pretty much checked in, and with the evidence that we've got against BB, sounds like a pretty open shut case.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Monkey »

armlx wrote:1. Wait, did you get a guilty on xtoxm or no?

2. If you did, why unvote him here?

3. If you didn't, why vote him in the first place over BB?
1. Yes

2. As I've said earlier ...
Myself in Post 127 wrote: Let it be known that I will vote for either blackberry or Xtoxm this day without any hesitation.
3. N/A
farside22 wrote:
@Monkey:
1. What exactly is the role name? 2. Is it inspector hound? You said the weather being what it is tonight. 3. How does the weather effect you? 4. Did you get guilty for both people?
1. Inspector hound

2. Yes

3. I just meant that I had a suspicion that Blackberry possibly knew that I was a cop, 'gut feeling', which if Blackberry is scum and he told the rest of the scum that I would be nightkilled tonight without you all knowing my role due to tonight's weather which is ...
Glork wrote:Image
Foggy
-- The thick fog gives off a gloomy air...
Identites of those killed during Foggy periods are not revealed.
4. Yes
Twomz wrote:I want to wait for the clarification from Monkey on if there was a guilty on xtoxm. 1. Also, were you told in your role pm that you were sane? Because a double guilty looks a lot like paranoid or insane... although, I can't argue with the results ;).
1. No I wasn't unfortunately. I randomly chose Blackberry the first night and chose Xtoxm the next and am finding the irony behind the two player's actions to match quite well with my results. I wanted to wait longer before revealing, however I thought this might be my only chance to reveal and I've been trying to drop subtle hints in my posts as to my results, like my first one after I investigated Blackberry,
Myself wrote:I'm here ..

Random Vote: Iammars
, b/c I can.

Farside22, I wanted to vote for blackberry .. You just had to go and still my thunder. :P

That's alright, I hit somebody else up for now .. hmm
Xtoxm wrote:I'm surprised a claim like that has come out this early. He was ambiguos about what he got for me, but i'm going to have a hard time believing blackerry is scum, so i'd say he's probably paranoid/insane.
Why are you going to have a hard time believing that blackberry is scum? I was ambiguous about what I got for you, but you aren't having a hard time believing that you're scum? :?
Blackberry wrote:1. What I do not understand is why you would investigate XTOXM... of all the people yesterday, I think it's most obvious he is not scum because of him thinking NIV was Godfather (when he wasn't). That or XTOXM was being smart. 2. Why would you NOT investigaet GORRAD?? 3. And how come you have still yet to comment on people voting for him?

4. Are you just going to dismiss the evidence that I am telling the truth about being the ONLY VANILLA TOWNIE?
1. I chose xtoxm to investigate because of his post ...
Xtoxm in post 96 wrote:
unvote vote niv
then.
shortly after chaosomega's ...
ChaosOmega in post 92 wrote:
unvote, vote Niv

He's at L-2.

I want to hear what Niv has to say about that.
I think that it was made pretty clear to wait for Niv's resposnse and obviously Xtoxm didn't agree. Plus xtoxm didn't throw any reasoning in, he was just going with the flow.

2. Gorrad was my second choice for the hammer, but didn't look suspicious to me for that one post. Xtoxm looked more suspicious in my eyes, and being a cop I can choose any player that I wish to investigate. The most suspicious looking player to others isn't necessarily the same to me.

3. Because I've got bigger fish to fry. I understand why people are voting him, but those people don't have two guilty results on two other players :wink:

4. Yeah sorta cause I think it's bs and the way you've played the role has been completely scummy.
hasdgfas wrote:1. I find it more likely that he is affected by the weather. Night 1 it was cloudy, so cloudy results? Night two was windy, so I would expect more reliable results than on a cloudy night. I do find BB somewhat suspicious, but I'd believe Xtoxm-scum over BB-scum if only one of them were scum.
1. Well, this is what is says about cloudy,
Glork wrote:Image
Cloudy
-- It is overcast. Nice and cool, but not the best time to go to the beach or do some stargazing...
No universal effect during Cloudy conditions.
... My role doesn't specify any further information in regards to the weather affecting my investigations.

I hope this post clears up some of your questions, sorry that it was so long, but there were a lot of questions for me to address.

Currently I'm voting for Blackberry, but only because I don't buy the claim in the least bit, and that claim wouldn't be that hard to make up in a
themed
game.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by Monkey »

Blackberry wrote:Monkey -- if it is BS then how come no one has come forward and proven me a liar?
Because again it's an easy claim to make in a THEMED game, and also I didn't declare that it was bs, just that I think (or suspect for a better word) that it's bs. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do, register my thoughts?

I can't believe that that's all you had to say after my post.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Monkey »

I just wanted to point out these two posts so that they don't get lost ...
skitzer wrote:Sorry guys, Day 1 kind of passed by in a flash, I'm going to reread and then make a somewhat bigger post.
What happened? This post was made on wednesday ...
konehead wrote:@Glork I will not be on until Saturday; I have exams and a birthday party.
Hopefully we'll get some added content finally from this guy.

These two players are just FUTR if you ask me.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Monkey »

Xtoxm wrote:FUTR?
Flying under the radar
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Monkey »

ChaosOmega wrote: I think it's a bit weird that Monkey happened to investigate the most suspicious person from day 1, but that could just be coincidence.
It really was just coincidence.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Monkey »

Blackberry wrote:
ChaosOmega wrote:
Wikipedia on The Real Inspector Hound wrote:The first of these, Inspector Hound, is the official detective in the play but, ironically, is the one who plays the smallest role. He arrives at the manor wearing “swamp boots” and carrying a foghorn.
He is a parody of Arthur Conan Doyle’s famous sleuth, Sherlock Holmes, and very precise in his manner, like Holmes, but his Holmes-like deductions are way off the mark.
Upon spotting the body, he declares he has found Lady Muldoon’s missing husband, Albert. Despite repeated attempts by Cynthia to assure him otherwise, he is firm before finally conceding “are you sure?” Upon entering the manor, he makes a very Holmes-like statement as he asks Cynthia to take her time, “begin at the beginning and don’t leave anything out,” despite the fact that nothing has happened that would warrant such a statement.
The ineptitude of Inspector Hound is another way that Stoppard sends up the cosy conventions of crime fiction.
THANKS CHAOSOMEGA!!

Ok -- so with this -- the fact that wiki states INSPECTOR HOUND IS WAY OFF THE MARK -- you are still going to convict me?

PS: I'm inclined he is INSANE and not PARANOID.

Although I do believe you to a degree Monkey, I would suspect you woulda done your own research and realized you were insane/paranoid, no?
My own research? I had no idea the the real inspector hound was an actual character, but instead thought the rolename was made up by the moderator. The theme is weather, not Sherlock holmes. The way my role pm is written doesn't suggest any real characterization to it, nor does it hint to my insanity xtoxm, I've read it.

Unvote: Blackberry
, Need time to ponder. You still could be the godfather Blackberry, even if you are
the only vanilla townie
:roll:
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Monkey »

Twomz wrote:Wait, asking someone to vote for someone that I think is scum is scummy... but LYING to get the town to lynch someone for no apparent reason isn't?
QFT
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Monkey »

Welcome to the game Bookitty

@ Blackberry, I don't know which route I would take in case I were scum, I'd guess the easy lynch just b/c it would be easy, but again not sure.

I apologize for being inactive for the past few days, I've been working double shifts and haven't made it to the computer.

[quote"Twomz"]A weather claim (what type affects you) might be interesting, being as it is the main mechanic of the game.
[/quote]

Well, that's already been answered on my part.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Monkey »

Why just mention this information now Iammars? I don't want to know anything more about the role or any details for that matter, I just am curious as to why you've decided to bring it up at this point in the day right before a possible lynch?
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Monkey »

Iammars wrote:I need to know because of the blizzard tonight. I'd like to know if Curious George is dead or not.
Alrighty then
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Monkey »

Xtoxm wrote:It's foggy tonight btw. But that has the same universal effect as blizzard, so ok...

Everyone post once, saying if you are or aren't. That would probably be enough for me to claim (hypothetically speaking).

Still, Iammars, (assuming you are telling the truth), if you weren't told he was innocent, he won't claim...
Are or aren't what? Curious George?

The answer obviously for me would be not.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #491 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Monkey »

Alright, time for a vote from yours truly.

Vote: xtoxm

I've come to accepting that I truly may just be a paranoid cop, however the behavior from this guy has been scummy throughout and I think that he's our best lynch bet at this point. I've just placed him at L-1.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Monkey »

All I've got to really say at this point is
Confirm vote: xtoxm
, nothing he's stated in the thread has made me think, hmm maybe he's town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”