Tuthrededmafya - Planet Thread, Game Over!

CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:34 am

Post by CoolBot »

Talitha, is there any reason not to believe MeMe's vote was a classic meanlingless day 1 vote? No? Or do you know something I do not?
vote: Talitha
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:35 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Still, jumping because they reached night first is not a good reason to do so. Especially when you consider the only reason they're at night is because Ben posted in this thread, and everyboby wanted to punish him for it. I don't expect the shippers to always be faster than us.

Besides, we're in the gravity well; of course we're going slower. :mrgreen:
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:49 am

Post by CoolBot »

It's only lasted 5 RL days. The ship thread went fast; faster than most day ones anyway. Anyway, I don't think anyone should jump unless the town has a clear advantage in doing so.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:13 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Hmm, one problem I see with that plan is we may send a pro-town player whose power only works on the planet.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:20 am

Post by CoolBot »

Hm, I've thought about it some more, and I really can't see what the plan gains us. If we lynch and don't send someone, we're down two people with the mafia kill at night; the ship is also down two people. If we don't lynch and do send someone, we still down two people anf the ship is only down one. Further, if the sent person has a planet bound power, that person becomes a simple townie. Also, since we're randomly picking someone one instead of voting, we're more likely to send a townie than a mafia, increasing the mafia's relative numbers here.

I can see there being two groups of allied mafia. If this is the case, it is in the interests of the mafia to move to just one thread. For this reason, we should discourage jumping on a whim.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:29 am

Post by CoolBot »

I do think it's a good plan, though not right now. We should keep it in mind if one of the threads is in danger of being overrun.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:47 am

Post by CoolBot »

We didn't lose a doc; the ship did. And since Ben was the
Ship
Doctor, he may not have been able to protect anyone on the planet, even if he was on the planet. I'd say there's a planet doc as well.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:16 am

Post by CoolBot »

Good point, MeMe. But the same logic can be used against you. With you plan detailed above, you and one person of your choice was absolutely not going to the ship. If you were mafia, the one sent to the ship would probably be a town, giving you a more favorable mafia to town ratio.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:14 am

Post by CoolBot »

What I mean is for a mafia on the planet, it makes sense to get rid of townies on the planet, and it doesn't matter whether it's by lynch or jumping threads. And if a mafia can gaurantee that member won't be expected to go to another thread but a townie will, that's better than a random lynching, which can easily land on a mafia.

Now, I'm not saying that's why you suggested it; it's just something the town should keep in mind. Also, I presented the arguement for as a counterpoint to the arguement against God; both involve the mafia controlling who jumps to their advantage. Kleimar's vote seems odd, though.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:59 am

Post by CoolBot »

I think it's in the town's best interest for us to take our time and find scum, rather than hurry up and catch up with the ship. In fact, I hope the ship slows down on Day 2 so they don't rush into lynching another pro-town player.

MeMe's plan is about as advantageous to the mafia as a plain no lynch is. It's certainly not such a sky is falling situation as kliemer and Yoko is painting it as. Since MeMe backed away from it at the first sign of disagreement, I'm slightly more suspcious of her, but her reaction seems more "Maybe there's problems in the plan I haven't thought of" than "I can't do anything the town thinks is scummy."

On God, he was the first but definitly not the last to say he wanted to jump to the faster moving thread. Personally, I find the BlueSin to be more suspicous because he wanted to refresh his mind. That's as manufactured reason to do something the town's agreed is scummy as I've ever seen. Further, he wants night to fall soon.
BlueSin wrote:whatever. The situation on ship can be better or worse with people transporting there. You can't tell. Maybe I will do that, just to refresh my mind. This planet thread seems to last forever.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:00 am

Post by CoolBot »

Whoops, forgot to add,
vote: BlueSin
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:50 am

Post by CoolBot »

I saw that too, and I think we should decide how to respond. There are two issues: 1) what to do about Zone and Thoth, and 2) what to do about the ship's decreasing numbers.

Zone is obviously looking for someone, and thinks that person is on the planet. Not knowing why he's looking for someone, I can't really tell if his action is suspicous or not.

I don't understand Thoth's reasoning at all, though. I don't see it as too likely that the mafia will target a thread jumper; after all, they're getting rid of two people in a night instead of one. But I don't think Thoth is mafia, either, since they'd want to concentrate in the smaller pool of players.

The ship only having 8 players Day 3 is bad, but not critical. We should definitly keep an eye on the situation, but if we send people up, we could easily send up planet side mafia, especially if we take volunteers.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:43 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I suppose I forgot to unvote...
unvote: Talitha
vote: BlueSin
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:17 am

Post by CoolBot »

BlueSin, the key thing is you used refreshing your mind as a reason to jump threads. That's really no reason at all; how could moving to the ship refresh your mind. It looks like a bad rationalization to get to the ship.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:16 am

Post by CoolBot »

I think the idea is to actually give him time to respond, not lynch him as soon as he shows himself.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:24 am

Post by CoolBot »

So, BlueSin, are you saying you're untargetable, since whoever targets you, dies?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:13 am

Post by CoolBot »

I think there is a pro-town reason for someone to send Talitha up: If someone who could force anyone up thought Talitha would be targeted, that person could protect her by getting her off the planet. This could also explain why there was no night kill.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:41 am

Post by CoolBot »

I din't say it was logical; I only meant to bring up the possiblity. You seem to be dismissing it out of hand. Another possibilty is a pro-town player may have done it just to counteract Zone & Thoth coming down here.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Yoko Kurama (italics mine) wrote:Yes the second one though of course. I find thoth suspisious and
I think they can take care of him over there
. Thus since my role is to prevent someone from moving depending on who goes into night when I get screwed.
If you think the shippers are going to lynch Thoth, why did you block his movement? That makes no sense. I don't understand why you came out, and I don't understand why you blocked Thoth when you're predicting his lynch. I'd like an explanation.
vote: Yoko Kurama
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:34 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Of course I think you're scum, Yoko. That's why I pointed out when you contradicted yourself. You still haven't explained that.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:09 am

Post by CoolBot »

Yoko, you haven't explained anything. You thought the ship would take care of Thoth, yet you still blocked his movement. Why?
Yoko Kurama wrote:I find thoth suspisious and I think they can take care of him over there. Thus since my role is to prevent someone from moving depending on who goes into night when I get screwed.
Also, your role is a tad wierd: You targeted Thoth Night 2 to stop his Night 3 action. Why the delay? And what would've happened if the planet was ahead of the ship instead of vice versa?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:31 am

Post by CoolBot »

Yoko Kurama wrote:It was not guaranteed to me that thoth would get killed and he may or may not still but no matter what happens he won't come over here. So you say I'm contradicting myself but yet I'm not. I cannot rely on what the ship thinks and I had to act on my role then.
That's not an explaination; that's dancing from what you said earlier. You thought Thoth was going to be lynched, and then blocked him. Later, after a bit of pressure, you changed your position, but never explained why your intial position contradicted itself. I want you to explain why. And please note, I won't unvote just because you present some sort of explaination; it has to convince me you're pro-town.
Yoko Kurama wrote:I already spoke with the mods about my role and night phases with no luck.
I don't buy this for a moment. Your claimed role has wonky timing issues, and I'm to expect that the mods won't answer questions about it? At the very least, I'd expect a message that you're not to know, though that seems unlikley to me.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:28 am

Post by CoolBot »

Stop shouting. It's not helping you.

So your story is that you were ready to waste your block on a possibly lynched player? That doesn't strike me as a pro-town role. Further, every post you make looks more and more like scum under pressure.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:30 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Yoko Kurama wrote:Sorry coolbot was just really ticking me off. I hate repeating myself.
Maybe you should answer my question instead of saying the same after the fact rationization. I don't care that you now realize Thoth may not be lynched; I want to know why you blocked him when you thought he was being lynched.

Further, I find it hard to believe mathcam would not answer any questions about the timing of your role. I think you never asked him about your made up role, and are just trying to keep your story simple so you don't contradict yourself again.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:37 am

Post by CoolBot »

So I'm scummy because I don't except an after the fact rationalization as an explaination? That's absurd.

Yoko made a claim out of the blue. In the same post as his claim, he explains why it won't work and can't be tested. Further, he claims the mods won't clarify his role when questioned about it. I find that hard to believe.

To me, these are legitimite reasons to vote someone. Yoko's overreaction to two votes convinced me my vote is in the right place.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:07 am

Post by CoolBot »

Here's what Yoko had to say on the subject of asking the mods:
Yoko Kurama wrote:I already spoke with the mods about my role and night phases with no luck
Yoko Kurama wrote:When I spoke with the mods (mathcam) about my role he responded but basically just said the rules weren't changing and the night/day phases would go on as normal.
In the frist instance, Yoko claims no response. In the second, he did get a response but claims they didn't answer. Which is it, and why the change in story?

modargo, I find mods often clarify confusing roles when asked about them. I don't see why this one would be any different.
modargo wrote:I notice that you seem to have dropped your claim of Yoko contradicting himself.
Where? Every time I've said I want an explanation, I mean on Yoko's contradiction. Must I say so every time I post? I thought it was pretty clear by now.

Just to be sure everyone understands, I want to know why Yoko decided to block Thoth during Night 2 when he thought Thoth had a very good chance of being lynched. The fact that
now
Yoko realizes Thoth may not be lynched is immaterial.

The reason I find this particular contradiction scummy is because it allows Yoko to make the claim without having to worry about it being tested, since he can just blame the ship's lynch.

And finally, modargo, the very post you refer to contains the very contradiction I'm worried about. Yoko comes out of Night 2 with his claim and bemoaning the fact Thoth was going to be lynched. Again, if he thought Thoth was being lynched, was did he block him?

Now, all Yoko had to say was that during Night 2, he didn't think Thoth was being lynched. Tellingly, he
never
says this. Instead, he continues on about how he now sees Thoth might be lynched.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:54 am

Post by CoolBot »

My assumptions about you? I've been going on your words alone, Yoko. I still don't understand why you were whining about being screwed if you knew that was going to happen. It's my opinion you were trying to set up an alibi.

Really, I'd like to hear from bloojay, God, Macros, & willows_weep. They haven't voted yet. I don't see MeMe, Yoko, morphues, or myself chaging each other's minds hear.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:31 am

Post by CoolBot »

And by morpheus, I mean modargo. :oops:
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:49 am

Post by CoolBot »

So Yoko has a ship based role that works from the planet. It seems to me that's backwards and no one else has suggest their role is like that.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:02 pm

Post by CoolBot »

So you can block both ways? And it doesn't matter where you're located? This it sounding more and more far fetched.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:12 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I
question whether you have the role or not. I don't believe roles work on both threads, and I think you're making this up. I will not unvote you.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:18 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Day 2, Yoko came out with his role for no reason whatsoever. He accused anyone who attacked him as scum. He claimed a role that doesn't jive with other roles. Exactly what about all this made him obvious he was town? I made a mistake, but I hardly think it was a baseless one.

Does anyone else wonder if there's no mafia on planet right now? With two docs dead already, I'd be surprised if there's any protector roles left. For this reason, I think we need to examine anyone coming down from the ship rather closely.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:32 pm

Post by CoolBot »

modargo wrote:Which would obviously be playing right into the hands of the cult
Do you have any evidence there is a cult, or are you just theorizing here?
MeMe wrote:If there were no mafia left on the planet, that would mean that the planet either started with zero mafia or, at most, one (Talitha). Does that seem plausible?
I think it is. Considering the roles were randomly distributed between the ship & the planet, it is possible for scum to be concentrated in one thread. It doesn't strike me as too probable, but it's not an insignificant probablity. If it is the case there's planet mafia on the ship, I'd suspect they'd be trying to find a way to the planet.

There are two other possible explanations for no kills I can see: we've got a back up doc, or there's a role blocker. The reason I find it unlikely there was a back up doc is that means there's 4 doc roles in a 24 person game, and that doesn't strike me as balanced.
willows_weep wrote:So far your posts make the planet seem sterile.
I'm not sure I know what you mean here. Scalebane & BlueSin both had planet based powers.
Modargo wrote:And to everybody who says Yoko was suspicious because he claimed for no reason. Come on. He would not do that as scum. Really now. Why would he ever have done that as scum when he was under no pressure and no suspicion? If he had been scum, he would've just kept quiet instead of claiming.
How often do mafia do what's expected of them? But more to the point, what pro-town reason was there for coming out? I still can't see a one, and that's why I thought Yoko was scum
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:41 am

Post by CoolBot »

No objections here. I was about to suggest the same, though I don't want to leave the planet, so I was hoping for a volunteer.

I've been thinking about the mafia and how they work. I think there are probably two groups, one who's goal is to control the ship and one who's goal is to control the planet. If that's the case, it would explain why the mafia may choose to thread someone instead of kill them as the planet mafia would be just as concerned as the townies about the number of people on the ship.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:39 pm

Post by CoolBot »

There's certainly the possiblity, but I haven't seen any evidence as of yet.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:47 am

Post by CoolBot »

My guess MeMe thinks there is a reculting group and suspects somebody as the recruiter and is hoping our responses will show whether or not we have been recruited.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:19 am

Post by CoolBot »

When I've played with games where mafia were able to recruit, there was only a limited number of recruitments. That doesn't mean it's so in this game, but it's something to keep in mind.

Anyway, willow's reluctance to post her thoughts on recruitment when directly asked about it worries me as well. And nothing she's posted since has lessened my worry. Willow is trying to cast doubt on MaMe, it seems. Why else try to make and underlined word seem significant?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:25 am

Post by CoolBot »

Will he Thoth stopped though with Yoko dead? Aslo, didn't Yoko say he needed to retarget Thoth if we went to Night 3 before the ship did?

I don't think there's any need to rush to night. Or at least, I don't see any reason. If Zone is scum, he does his damage at night.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:24 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't see how this info contradicts MeMe's. MeMe is claiming an investigative role from the ship, not a thread forcing role from the planet. Further, I don't think it's really that much of a stretch for there to be two thread forcing roles, especially in light of Yoko's thread blocking role.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:29 am

Post by CoolBot »

It's not just vagueness and rambling, though. Willow is trying to cast doubt on MeMe's investigative abilities. All in all, it's pretty scummy.
vote: Willows_weep
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:39 am

Post by CoolBot »

Modargo, any smart mafia can try to explain their mistakes, so someone trying to explain their mistake does not exonerate them. If we took everything at face value, the town would have a very hard time.

Fact is, at least for me, willow is suspicous for more than being wishy-washy. She's trying to discredit an investigator with poor reasoning. How is that understandable?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I don't really see MeMe defending me. Instead, I see her shooting down arguements which work against both of us. Really, Modargo, don't you think it's more likely shes defending herself more than me? What is with this crusade you have against me? I was wrong about Yoko. I admitted it. Let's move on.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:47 pm

Post by CoolBot »

A lot of doubt here, willow, particularly #2,
willows_weep wrote:MeMe, I cannot give a strictly yes or no answer. There are things in what you say that slightly bother me.
1)I to worry that there are no kills happening and the implecations of that.
2) With the description of your role, where did the possibility of gaining any information come from(besides the same side/not same side part)? Are you multifaceted?
3) Recruitment being a definate makes a lot of role abilities blind.
Further, in another post, you claim you don't doubt MeMe's claim, but then try to make it seem like the claim isn't consistent with itself:
willows_weep (italics mine) wrote:
Its not a question of whether or not I trust your information its that I am questioning how things are working.
Just like I did not understand how Yokos role worked.
Lurky?
I know I had a posted absence for a bit, was not here too much on the weekend.
Are you referring back to when I had only posted 4 times (that list you had for those with under 5posts)

I will not give a yes or no definite if I am confused with how this is working. I will not even try to accuse you of foul play. I will ask questions and read responses to further develop an understanding.(Unless something huge and obvious overplays even the confusion)
The insane part that you mention hadn't occured to me. When I read on insane investigative roles it was just not being able to trust if someone was good or not. Your role doesn't seem set up in a way that would make that nesacary.
However odd.
Odd because there is so much chance with it. If one day your findings mean something and the next it has the possibility to mean nothing, that sort of defeats the point of a role. Could be to balance it out, but then what way would a role be set up to get as much variety in the info you told us about.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:52 am

Post by CoolBot »

modargo, I gotta say I don't remember a game whichi you stuck your neck out too far. And though you never stated the word "regulary," you certainly implied it here,
modargo wrote:Most people may not defend other townies as a townie. I do. Live with it. I've noticed that at this site there is a tendency of people to never stick out their neck and actually defend somebody who they think is innocent, and I find that stupid. I do not play like that.
No "in this game" on that last sentence.
modargo wrote:Once I get to three votes, I'll claim. That should be soon, as CoolBot should be very happy to vote for the one person accusing him.
As much as I like voting for people when they invite me to, I'm still slightly more suspcious of willow. But don't believe I won't switch if it means lynching you.
fos: modargo

willow, the parts I italicized read like a scum paraphrasing a role to make it sound unlikely. Especially the use of the word "odd." Further, just becuase you address a post to someone else, doesn't I can use it to form opinions about people.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:10 am

Post by CoolBot »

MeMe wrote:as I assume we have at least two on the planet and at most one in the ship (if the recruitment occurred after Talitha threaded).
I'm pretty sure there were ship bound scum before Talitha I doubt planet bound scum would be killing on the ship as they'd have to find a way to thread en masse without arousing suspicion.

It looks as if Thoth is going to try to thread down here again. I think it might be a good idea to send massive and Darkblade to keep the ship's numbers up.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:58 am

Post by CoolBot »

I think there's two possibilities about Zone's numbers: 1) It's the number of mafia in the thread he wakes up in, or 2) It's the number of mafia on the planet. I think we'll be able to make a determination of which one once we head to night.

Modargo hasn't posted since Zone has arrived. I wonder if he's hoping the talk of Zone's numbers would distract us from his scumminess. Further, scum probably know something about what Zone's numbers are about, and may be refraining from talking about it so they don't accidently give too much away. Since Willow has commented on Zone, I'm more suspicous of Modargo now.
unvote: willows_weep
vote: Modargo
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #46) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:35 am

Post by CoolBot »

So, still no opinion on Zone's numbers? Can't say that feels me with confindence about you, modargo. Your name is Lynch Happy? As far as I can tell, no one else even has a name.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:20 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't mean a role name like "Colony Governor" or "Empathic Counselor," but a given name, which I take "Lynch Happy" as. I suppose Lynch Happy could mean to point at a passive ability. Two possibilities could be his vote counts twice, or he gains a power if he's voting with a sucessful lynch. Unfortunatly, Modargo hasn't been on any lynch, so he can't know if one of these two happen.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #48) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:23 am

Post by CoolBot »

Oops, I forgot to check on Dutch. He does have a give name, Wiley Fox. I still think Modargo is trying to imply a passive power, though.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:15 am

Post by CoolBot »

Zone, since modargo also claimed a generic colonist, it stands to reason that yours and his PM's are similiar. Does what modargo said about his role jive with your role?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:22 am

Post by CoolBot »

CS? Do you mean me, Captian?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #51) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:06 am

Post by CoolBot »

Unless Zone only gets a reading for where he wakes up. Since it's a passive ability, it may happen after the threading.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:47 am

Post by CoolBot »

Since Zone has an ability, he might be immune to recruting. Modargo is only immune if he's the scum we think he is.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:59 am

Post by CoolBot »

I'd hate for the game to get hung up on kleimar; he hasn't posted in thread since March 13th. I'll unvote now, but revote if kleimar doesn't post in the next day or two.
unvote: Modargo
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #54) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:37 am

Post by CoolBot »

vote: willows_weep

I'm not too comfortable with you attempts Day 3 to discredit MeMe.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:21 am

Post by CoolBot »

willows_weep wrote:I explained that that wasnt wasn't my intention
I know that's your explaination; I just don't find it particulary compelling since you continued to cast doubt on MeMe up until the town switched its attention to modargo. Then, you stopped saying much of anything, probably in hopes we'd forget about you.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #56) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:19 am

Post by CoolBot »

So, anyone else going to bother to post?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:34 am

Post by CoolBot »

So willow, are we to believe there are definitly 3 and probably 4 roles that compare roles? That seems like quite a bit to me.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:40 am

Post by CoolBot »

If you got that massive wasn't from the planet, why didn't you jump on him when he said:
massive wrote:I am a generic crewperson, Candy Wilkinson, and there was a piece of flavor text, but nothing that would imply I have any sort of night ability.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #59) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:45 am

Post by CoolBot »

Gah, never mind. Crew person means ship. :oops:
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:05 am

Post by CoolBot »

So your earlier explanation,
willows_weep wrote:I am Colonist Quartermaster. Every night I can see if another player is on the same team I'm on.
was, in fact, wrong? Instead, you learn were someone's based from?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #61) » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:18 am

Post by CoolBot »

willows_weep wrote:BTW I have that you're with me!!
Well, I am a colonist and I am pro-town, but I've pretty much said I had planet bound powers before; it's not like willow's making a wild guess here. I really don't think willow and I are on the same team. I think willows lifted MeMe's claim and adjusted it slightly to hide her own scummy identity. Then, when asked about her results, she misremebers team finding as origin finding. Now, she's scrambling to make herself seem consistent when she really hasn't been.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #62) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:47 am

Post by CoolBot »

There's another reason I'm voting willow that I was hoping I wouldn't have to reveal. I'm the colonist Shaman. I can read the minds of colonists. Last night, I tried to read willow's mind and was successful. The result I got was basically willow was fundementally evil. My vote will not move from willow.

FYI, I will be away for the weekend.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:43 am

Post by CoolBot »

I think he meant planet-based.

Here's my targets & results:
Night 1 - MeMe - Reading failed
Night 2 - kleimer - Checks out good
Night 3 - God - Reading failed
Night 4 - ww - evil

All else I was told about willow was she was completly lacking any humanity, but I figure that was covered by evil.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #64) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:04 pm

Post by CoolBot »

So it looks like willow had at least one partner, but due to the pattern of kills, I don't think it's anyone on the planet. Further, I think the Shigonook can only kill on planet, since there's only been one kill per night on the ship.

Thus, we need to be wary of anyone coming down from the ship. Thoth definetly fits the bill here. He coming down, claiming he's a colonist who's ability can only work on the planet. Any thoughts?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #65) » Sat May 01, 2004 7:06 am

Post by CoolBot »

Just kleimer. The person I've checked out last night was apparently from the ship, as I couldn't read thier mind.

I hadn't thought of the Shigonook being the recruiters, but it does make some sense. If that's the case, it appears they tried to recruit last night. When the ship wakes up, Zone's number may back this idea up.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #66) » Mon May 03, 2004 3:39 pm

Post by CoolBot »

This is who's left on the planet and what we know about them:
Darkblade - ???
CaptainBlicero - ship by claim
CoolBot - Colonist Shaman by claim
God - ship, by CoolBot Night 3
kleimar - Colony governor, by claim and tested abilities and by CoolBot Night 2 (cleared by MeMe Night 2)
Massive - ship, by CoolBot
Thoth - Colonist with power to block threading, by claim (cleared by MeMe Night 3)

I investigated Darkblade, and got no result, so he's probably ship as well. If the Shigonook can only recruit me, kleimer, and Thoth are the only vunerable ones on planet. My and Meme's investigation of kleimar and Thoth are questionable, since they may have been recruited since.

I guess I'm most unsure of CB right now. He's only claimed ship to back up Willow. It may have been a good guess, but then again, it may not have been.

Next on my list of suspicions is Thoth, as he hasn't really given a good reason to thread (I feel). If it wasn't for MeMe's investigation, he'd be top on my list.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #67) » Tue May 04, 2004 9:23 am

Post by CoolBot »

Massive's pre-vote warning does smack of being overly carefule to join a bandwagon, but I don't think it neccessarily means he's scum. And I don't think we can really go by rather the names are the same sort of "humor." After all, Fishbulb's name was John Smith, and that's as normal a name you can get.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #68) » Wed May 05, 2004 3:41 am

Post by CoolBot »

vote: CaptainBlicero

I really do think he's the best option, and he hasn't bothered to explain why he backed up willow.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #69) » Wed May 05, 2004 11:50 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't know Captain. As I see things now, we know the same about you, Darkblade, and God. The only difference is willow outed you, and you backed it up. If you can't give us anything more solid, I can't justify changing my vote.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #70) » Mon May 10, 2004 6:04 am

Post by CoolBot »

Kleimer, did you lose your two-vote ability. If so, do you know why?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #71) » Fri May 14, 2004 6:01 am

Post by CoolBot »

I think we might want to seriously consider a no lynch, since we have to be concerned about the mafia taking over the planet; we're getting pretty thin. I'm not completly wed to the idea of a no lynch, so if anyone has any objections, please state them.

I investigated Thoth, and he is a colonist and he does appear to be free from evil.

Finally, I don't know why I've been "projected" and I'm not sure whoever did it is neccessarily on the planet.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #72) » Fri May 14, 2004 6:05 am

Post by CoolBot »

Wait, I just realized Thoth claimed a stronger version of the forced threading. Did you do this, Thoth?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #73) » Sun May 16, 2004 5:25 am

Post by CoolBot »

So, according to DS, there's two planet native scum left. I don't think they're on the planet, since I've cleared Thoth & kleimer and they're the only planet native players down here.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #74) » Mon May 17, 2004 12:41 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I can investigate anyone in the same thread as me. I am unsure of whether my projection means I'm in both threads or not. I also don't know if the projection lasts into the night and beyond. Any idea, Thoth?

Depending on exactly how my role interacts with the projection, I do think it'd be a rather good idea if I threaded. My role is of little use on planet, since we know who's crew and who's colonist and I've investigated every colonist. On the other hand, I could stay on planet to make sure kleimer & Thoth haven't been recruited, but I don't think thats too good of an idea.

Any thoughts on a no lynch to keep the planets numbers up? And for what it's worth, I don't think darkblade was trying to derail willow's wagon since that would've been a bad play if he was her partner.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #75) » Wed May 19, 2004 1:08 pm

Post by CoolBot »

massive, are you looking for a mason buddy?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #76) » Tue May 25, 2004 11:56 am

Post by CoolBot »

massive, I just want to be absolutly clear. As far as you know, no one is looking for you to partner up with? If you've been following the ship thread, you'll see Dirge is claiming to be looking for your role and then becoming a mason.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #77) » Wed May 26, 2004 10:06 am

Post by CoolBot »

The problem I have with lettin him thread is if he's a recuriter and has an ally down here already. Then, he'd recruit someone, probably you, and there'd be 3 out of six (assumin a lynch and no night kill) or five (assuming a lynch and a night kill).
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #78) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:06 pm

Post by CoolBot »

If anyone's been reading the ship thread, you'd see Corsato claimed he can close the ship thread, forcing everyone to thread to the planet. What does everyone think about this? In particular, do you think he can do as claimed, and should he?

Personally, I'm suspicous it's nothing more than a ploy to trick people to switch from the ship to the planet.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #79) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:11 am

Post by CoolBot »

I think my projection will still be on the ship, so long as the planet doesn't pass into night. So I think we still have a little breathing room, but we should pick someone to thread up to the ship. I volunteer, since my ability is of limited use on the planet at the moment. Any others?

This all assumes Corsato is lying about his ability of course, but I think there's a fairly good chance of that.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #80) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:12 am

Post by CoolBot »

Well, kleimer and Thoth are really the only ones I trust, so I'm just going to
Thread: Ship

I'm not too comfortable with massive at the moment, since Dirge was so insistent that massive would clear him. I think there are three reasons why Dirge would claim this:
1) Dirge is scum who recruits & plans on recruiting massive
2) Dirge is scum with massive.
3) Dirge claim is correct

Option 3 is almost certainly incorrect, I feel. He's been acting scummy all game. Not to mention is various attempts to trhead to the planet without arousing suspicion.

Option 2 could be correct. When I asked massive to confirm Dirge, he was quite careful not to do so directly while leaving enough room to confirm so later.

Option 1 is also likey, but massive could still be scum group seperate from Dirge.

I'm leaning towards lynching massive since Dirge is using him as an alibi and I can't investigate him, but I would like to hear massive defend himself.
fos: massive
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #81) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:36 am

Post by CoolBot »

That's true; I trying to find scum on the planet, but no one, including massive, is really that suspicous. Could it be scum is localized on the ship? It seems unlikely.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #82) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:28 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I agree.

vote: Dirge
I don't believe his claim one bit.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #83) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:32 am

Post by CoolBot »

The big question, really, is does the ship scum still have a chance. I don't see any way to ascertain this, but what's everyone's thoughts on this?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #84) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:20 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I don't think it matters, since he used it before the ship exploded. And I think it's likely that there are only two left. I'd imagine it was planet scum who killed Zone, since ship scum would've killed Cosarto if they could.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #85) » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:28 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Seems to me someone would've had to sent you the report, Dirge. Anyone want to volunteer? I know Yoko is the most logical one, but of course, he couldn't have given Dirge anything.

Dirge is still attacking his accusers, not the arguements. I think its quite clear he's trying to bluff his way out of a lynch. It's worked quite a while now, and I think we should put an end to it today.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #86) » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:29 pm

Post by CoolBot »

BTW, I'd like a deadline extension, too. I want to give a chance to let someone to tell us they give Dirge the report. Maybe Thursday or Friday instead?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #87) » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:39 am

Post by CoolBot »

I am not a Shaman/Witch Doctor. I am a Shaman. I never said anything about a Witch Doctor. In fact, Dirge, I think you were the first to ever use those words. Clearly, you're making things up. And if you have now, why not earlier with regards to the report.

I doubt an investigator would ever give you any info, Dirge, since you are so clearly scum. Further, the role it makes most sense thematically to make this report is well dead. It looks like you are trying to get the town to lynch DS for no real reason. You're just lucky DS actually made a mistake at this point.

Further, the reason I haven't found any ship scum is, I imagine, because I can only read the minds of colonists. The only way I can find ship scum is if they claimed to be a colonist and I tried to read their mind.

I'd unvote you to read your mind, Dirge, except its pretty clear you think you can win if you just have one more night. So I think you are a recruiter and will not unvote you.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #88) » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:27 pm

Post by CoolBot »

The reason I want this alleged investigator to come forward is because I don't think it exists.

What I see here is desperate scum scrambling to offer someone else to lynch and getting lucky about a mistake. Further, I see scum trying to claim a claimed and proven investigator is actually a recruiter. The reason? In another game, with another mod, there was another name for another role. Lynch him already.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #89) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:46 am

Post by CoolBot »

Gah. I thought I was in the clear when Dirge was dead, figuring the Shigs had the same abilities as the mutinists and I thought Talitha (or maybe DS) was just a recruit incapable of killing.

I was recruited quite early; on Night 3, I think. I was a bit surprised I was recruited, since I was spectacularly wrong about Yoko and looked to be the next lynch target.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #90) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:57 pm

Post by CoolBot »

CaptainBlicero wrote:This game also marked the end of my Cal Ripken-esque "never lynched while town" streak
And to think, I could've prevented it by letting the town know I had found you were ship's crew. :mrgreen:
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #91) » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:27 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Though the number had nothing to do with Talitha's threading. The reason it went up is I was recruited by the mutineers.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #92) » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:44 am

Post by CoolBot »

It wasn't so bad, though, when I had been projected. True, I had to reread, but since I was following the thread before hand, I had a good idea of who I thought was suspicous. So the reread was more for reminding why I thought the way I did rather than to form new thoughts.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #93) » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:48 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I think the reason we went with recruiting more was because we needed a 2/3 majority. Recruiting gave us a +2 advantage over the town, while killing only gave us a +1 and we didn't want to be short at the end game. And it took us a while to figure out only a few people could be recruited. :?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”