The Mystery at King's Landing (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2962 (isolation #0) » Mon May 08, 2017 4:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Abandon hope all ye townies! Go scum!

Bah!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3222 (isolation #1) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

GG nice work.

Damn it was so close :( I wanted ABR and Titus to lead the town the wrong way then when ABR suspected me out of the blue it got bad. :(

Well played Town nice try scum buddies
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3224 (isolation #2) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

Let the memes begin:

Whenever Math has a traitor on the scum team they shoot them. XD
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3237 (isolation #3) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah as I said in the scum and or Dead PT the game was fool ABR and well....I fooled him a little while.

Titus I love you <3

/me hugs
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3239 (isolation #4) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3238, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3215, House Dayne wrote:House Dondarrion vanilla cop Greyjoy (successful - "Not Vanilla")
Yeah, this was (kind of) planned for.

But not the vig...lol

Fun game!

However, and this is based on only my experiences that I actually remember, it seems like alt games have mostly been town wins.

This one and Author Mafia are only two, granted, but now would kind of like to collect data and/or have a couple more games run entirely of alts.

Thoughts?
Sc2 mafia runs a lot of alt games. Those tend to be split. When people honor the intent it becomes a lot better. Even though we lost it was so much fun to not have to read don't listen to Math because Math every three seconds. Like even though we lost it was probably one of my more fun games to date. <3
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3240 (isolation #5) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

I would love to see more alt games here. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3246 (isolation #6) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3241, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 3240, MathBlade wrote:I would love to see more alt games here. :)
I'll run another one. I have a setup idea in my brainqueue.
/pre-in
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3250 (isolation #7) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3244, Titus wrote:I had good reads before fake claims and ABR being toxic, minus Frey.

I'll just go back to no ABR playing when I am aware it's him. Can't trust a damn thing he says and he'll lie too.

P.S. please no fake clears.
I love you but your reads sucked and so did ABR's til he busted me. When he did it all fell apart.

I put you guys together to run town into the ground. I just messed up shooting Bolton. Mastina had a great game just ugh.

Oh yeah I was saying Kill Seaworth as soon as it was night but then through discussion I was "convinced" Tully was the traitor and to shoot Bolton.

/me has sads

If I had been domineering me I think we would have won but I didn't want to dominate the scum PT.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3253 (isolation #8) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3252, Titus wrote:
In post 3245, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Titus being in the game made it slightly more challenging because I had to navigate around her and convince every other townie to back me up, but I managed to do it and we won.
Guess what, if you worked with me earlier and weren't a lying sack of crap, you didn't need to work around me. You wouldn't have to work around me if you could be honest and handle being suspected rather than get in a dick measuring contest.

I do not like playing with you because you focus more on making yourself look good than catching scum. That throws my game completely off.
Both of you seriously...I love you both as people. Don't do this. /me group hug
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3257 (isolation #9) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

ABR played a good game. I just didn't fool him like I said I needed to in the scum PT. If we could have gotten Martell that day this game would be horribly different. It could have been argued we lost it at many points but when ABR just "flipped" and suspected me when I used to be in the town block, that kinda killed it. Overall ABR is the town MVP.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3267 (isolation #10) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3265, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 3263, Gorkington wrote:still cant believe you accidentally crumbed your modifier.
That was so cool. :lol:
This always happens when I'm scum.

Shadowrun and this game -- Math shot the traitor
Shadowrun and this game -- Accidental crumbs of powers by townies
Difference between the two games -- Didn't kill the crumber
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3268 (isolation #11) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

My power should just be I mind control all the townies into dropping pants and then yell at them for doing it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3273 (isolation #12) » Thu May 18, 2017 7:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

Yep exactly. I waffled on Bolton myself but then was convinced because not only that but...

Tully (Firebringer) mentioned meat space
I had a traitor in that game. Between that and meat space and the scum PT convincing me I was "wrong" Bolton's death with the CC was inevitable.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3274 (isolation #13) » Thu May 18, 2017 7:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 203, House Tully wrote:Hey greyjoy, how you doing in what we call meat space?

Feel like joining me on Martell wagon?
<< Shadowrun reference
<< Tully was obviously FB at this point
<< I had a traitor in Shadowrun
<< Innocent claim on Greyjoy
<< Demolished town read on entry

<< How the fucking hell Tully didn't turn up traitor surprised the FUCK out of me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3282 (isolation #14) » Thu May 18, 2017 10:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3277, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2715, House Seaworth wrote:
In post 2705, House Frey wrote:So I decided to see if Baraethon today would still be that vanity wagon.
I can't imagine a scum-aligned Baratheon given our lack of town power.

House Arryn-VT

House Baratheon -Half Gunsmith
House Bolton -Scum Half Doc Traitor

House Clegane -Half vig

House Connington -Half Gunsmith
House Dondarrion -Vanilla Cop
House Frey -VT
House Greyjoy -VT?
House Martell -VT
House Mormont -Jailkeeper

House Reed -VT?
House Seaworth - Half vig

House Stark - VT
House Tully - Half doc
House Tyrell - VT

We have two half vigs, a JK, two half gun smiths, a vanilla cop, and a half doc. Presumably 3 scum and a traitor. The scum even chose to kill a half vig over an investigative. We are ridiculously underpowered. How can Bara be scum?
In post 2716, House Seaworth wrote:
In post 2713, House Frey wrote:So
Dondarrion
Stark
Baratheon
team.
Frey is literally saying that our setup is 2 half vigs, 1 gunsmith, 1 half doc, 1 JK, THATS IT. In a large game.

That's insane.
Mathblade, I was intentionally lying here. I wanted to goad you into revealing your thoughts on the setup to determine what sort of opposition town was facing. You shouldn't have argued your point. I would have been a bit less sure on Baratheon scum if you had let this point go but you argued it.
Good to know thank you :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3288 (isolation #15) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

I has sads :(

The great Mastina math hybrid destroyed *sniff*

Ugh.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3295 (isolation #16) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3289, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3274, MathBlade wrote:
In post 203, House Tully wrote:Hey greyjoy, how you doing in what we call meat space?

Feel like joining me on Martell wagon?
<< Shadowrun reference
<< Tully was obviously FB at this point
<< I had a traitor in Shadowrun
<< Innocent claim on Greyjoy
<< Demolished town read on entry

<< How the fucking hell Tully didn't turn up traitor surprised the FUCK out of me.
lol I wasn't mentioning shadowrun.
Meat space = location in Shadowrun. You and I were in that game. It may not have been intentional but....
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3297 (isolation #17) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3290, mastina wrote:
In post 3245, Albert B. Rampage wrote: Bolton was in an extremely dominant position and played the best scum game of his life, but he's too arrogant to understand that he took too much risk just to kill Mormont.
I didn't exactly have much of a choice:
-If I didn't counterclaim House Mormont, my plan wouldn't have worked.

People would wonder, come D2, why I didn't counterclaim House Mormont on D1. (To be honest, the presence of a full-JK legit surprised me. When I CCed Mormont, I thought Mormont was an even-night jailkeeper. I wasn't lying when I said his role simply didn't fit, from my understanding of the game.)

Furthermore. If House Mormont lived and blocked me, then--while it would save me from the scum's nightkill--it would also prevent me from executing my plan. I had been breadcrumbing my plan all-day. My claim was set in stone, and I couldn't back out of it. Which brings me to...

-I was probably dead anyway. I tried, every step of the way, to tell the scum "I AM YOUR TRAITOR", without saying "TULLY IS NOT YOUR TRAITOR" (because the latter would be a scumclaim, so no, Titus, I never did this contrary to what you thought and everyone saying as much to you was right), but because I couldn't exactly give them any signal without it being a scumclaim (I couldn't identify scum as 'Spies', since if we had a scumflip me doing so early-on would rightfully be seen as a scumslip; I similarly couldn't identify scum as being Targyrenean because if we had a scumflip me doing so early-on especially given my lack of flavor knowledge would be a scumclaim), I knew I was likely getting nightkilled anyway.

I *WAS* the protective role for odd nights. (I assumed Mormont was even-night JK, and thus, couldn't protect me.) Meaning, I knew there wasn't going to be a doctor or a bodyguard or whatnot on me. Meaning, I was wide open to attack. (I also knew that if I died to the scum nightkill then any other protection claim after that would be seen as town.)

I knew I was obvtown.
I knew I was a town leader.
I knew that thanks to having Baratheon as a heavy suspicion and Frey on the southern side of null, scum who didn't know I was a traitor would think I was deadly-accurate.

So given those factors: I was expecting to die even WITHOUT the claim.
If I was going to be the nightkill even without counterclaiming...what did I lose by trying to take out a town power role? I lost nothing.
I gained:
-Potentially signalling my true alignment to my team, AND
-A dead town PR.

Counterclaiming was a low-risk, high-reward move. I figured I couldn't be more dead than I already was going to be to a town nightkill. I figured I wouldn't eat the vig. (Clegane strongly townread me and I felt my counterclaiming a flipped town PR wouldn't warrant a 180 in of itself.) Not threatened by the town, not any more threatened by the scum than I already was, yet giving a near-guaranteed reward to the scumteam.

That being said
You're not exactly wrong; I got greedy. :P
I wanted to be everything the scum needed all at once.
The problem was the scum needed to KNOW I was everything the scum needed all at once.
I never would have killed you without the claim. I was working on buddying you. *sigh*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3298 (isolation #18) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3296, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3295, MathBlade wrote:Meat space = location in Shadowrun. You and I were in that game. It may not have been intentional but....
Meat space = real life
XD :facepalm:
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3326 (isolation #19) » Fri May 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Meh the game is over.

Everyone knows I am Frey. Well played sir. One of these days we will have to see if you can catch me again and get you back to 500 on catching me. When I fool elite players I get happy. While I didn't win I fooled you some and given my derp (which can be argued not a derp but if I had went with my gut we'd have been better off)
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”