Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Wraith »

I'll indulge you.

Spoiler: Flavor
"Death to traitors!" yelled
[SleepyKrew]
, shaping his fingers into the shape of a gun and aiming at
[Otolia]
. The crowd instantly flew into an uproar. Fingers pointed at
[SleepyKrew]
and
[David Xanatos]
. "I am of House Keiger!"
[SleepKrew]
continued. "House Argelev seeks to overthrow their own rule! Declare yourselves and show your true allegiances!" he continued, grinning like a fool.

"Slander! How dare you accuse the honorable House Argelev of treason!"
[David Xanatos]
responded. The arguments of the crowd once again descended into unintelligible screaming.

"Ha! It was all part of my cunning plan to out the traitors!"
[SleepyKrew]
pointed his finger at
[David Xanatos]
accusingly. "Here is a
traitor
Herr Beran
!"

"Liar! Traitor!"
[David Xanatos]
seemed on the verge of launching himself at
[SleepyKrew]

"You're all idiots," groaned
[Otolia]
. "And that was some jest. That looked like a real weapon in the low light! House Delmar will expose you for what you are, traitor!"

"I agree that they are all idiots," said
[gandalf5166]
, "But I believe
[David Xanatos]
's loyalty is unquestionable."

"It's obvious, you fools,"
[Magua]
cut in, "
[David Xanatos] is a traitor. Such an overreaction to a simple jest. And [/i][Otolia]
must be a loyalist. Nevertheless, I must say that I believe the loyalties of
[SleepyKrew]
and
[JDGA]
to be up in the air..."

The
Beran
sat silent on the Burning Throne, expression unreadable.

Votecount 1.1

David Xanatos
(5)
:
Magua, SleepyKrew, tclawren, Nero Cain, David Xanatos
SleepyKrew
(4)
:
tclawren
, David Xanatos, kdowns, gandalf5166, JDGA
kdowns
(1)
:
EtherealCookie
gandalf5166
(0)
:
kdowns

Not Voting
(14)
:
Empking, Otolia, whispersilk, Bogre, manho, AGar, PeregrineV, StrangerCoug, monk, vezokpiraka, MattP, Shinki, samantha97, MacDougall

Deadline is
October 11, 2011

With 24 alive it takes
to lynch.

For those unfamiliar with my style of votecounts: Any slashed out names are PREVIOUS VOTES, in chronological order.

And for the record: "Loyalist" and "Allied with House Argelev" and the like are synonymous with Town. Loyalist is also the name for VT. Imagine that.

Also sorry David, but I use American spellings :P

I've decided to spoiler the flavor because I think the bright blue-black contrast looks bad.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Bogre »

In post 17, David Xanatos wrote:Because you're taking a Day-Shot that may, depending on mechanics, end the day.

Doesn't matter. Scum know who other Scum are on their team.
Town are the uninformed majority, "knowing something we don't" is being an informed minority. The informed minority are the scum teams.
Negative Utilities are Town too, and can be directed in most cases I've seen.

I don't think SK was being serious with the shot, looks like a reaction test to me.

Your reaction was...talking about day-ending and... basically explaining the premise of mafia. Excessive pointless explanation.

VOTE: DavidXanatos
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Bogre »

In post 28, Magua wrote:
tclawren is in a gray category. I'm *very* curious about:
tclawren wrote:NOW TAKE A LOOK UP AT THE PROVIDED VT PM AND GIVE ME A GOOD FUCKING REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T LYNCH YOUR
FAIL 3RD PARTY ASS.

@tclawren:
Why did you write 3rd party instead of scum?

That's a good catch.

I want that explained.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

To clarify.

I am a member of the House of Argalev. I am not a Loyalist, I am of the house itself. I come from the West, where I was trapped due to the last War.

PEdit: Bogre. He specifically said "What if", "What if", et cetera. Those were directed responses.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Is there really anything to suggest that this layout is specifically scum vs. town? I am getting the feeling that there is far more to it than that. I am thinking that the scum are a hidden faction and Argelev and its dissidents are too busy at each others throats to notice.

I am of House Morvanus, oldest and most loyal to House Argelev. It is my duty to do my utmost to eliminate all threats to House Argelev. At this stage the greatest threat to House Argelev is very clearly the one who has painted the rightful heir to the throne as scum.

vote: SleepyKrew
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

@MOD: Can you confirm that in the case of PRs, it can follow the format of "You are Loyalist (Insert Role Name)"?

This is unclear in the sample PM.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 103, David Xanatos wrote:To clarify.

I am a member of the House of Argalev. I am not a Loyalist, I am of the house itself. I come from the West, where I was trapped due to the last War.

PEdit: Bogre. He specifically said "What if", "What if", et cetera. Those were directed responses.

What is the exact wording of your PM ?
That's most likely to be forbidden by the rules :igmeou:

---
MacDougall wrote:Is there really anything to suggest that this layout is specifically scum vs. town? I am getting the feeling that there is far more to it than that. I am thinking that the scum are a hidden faction and Argelev and its dissidents are too busy at each others throats to notice.

I am of House Morvanus, oldest and most loyal to House Argelev. It is my duty to do my utmost to eliminate all threats to House Argelev. At this stage the greatest threat to House Argelev is very clearly the one who has painted the rightful heir to the throne as scum.

Read my posts. Is your resolve unqestionnable ?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 96, SodaSpirit17 wrote:Why are you asking me this if you think he's obvtown?

I ask you questions to determine your alignment, not his.

In post 97, David Xanatos wrote:
Magua > Care to explain how exactly?

You'll have to be more specific.

In post 98, JDGA wrote:And Magua, considering that SK's opening post was a fake daykill on someone just because he had a vendetta against them, I don't really see how you could apparently have "liked him already." I don't think I like your reads, period.

Which ones do you disagree with, exactly? Feel free to say "all of them" if you wish.

Otolia wrote:@Magua : I understand what SK tried to achievedand playing on the flavor when people haven't been introduced completely to the game is something I dissaprove of, but that's just me and it has nothing to do with alignment more with my personal enjoyment of a mafia game. On the other hand, SK did use allegedly a DayKill ability in his first post for (more than likely) out of the game reasons, it's normal that I take it personally since I was targeted.

If it was a real daykill, you'd have a legitimate grievance. It pretty much obviously wasn't a real daykill when he did it, and now that the mod has posted a votecount, it's confirmed not a real daykill.

Otolia wrote:The key point now is : Is House Argelev among us or is House Argelev an outside House that the townies have to protect by eliminating all threats to them ? Or is House Argelev many people who try to struggle for power while the Loyalists try to protect them all ? Answering this question should give us our first lynch of the game.

House Argelev is the town. I thought this was kind of obvious from the flavor and setup of the game, but whatevs. I suspect that a mass-House claim isn't going to be terribly useful to the Town, because the scum will be "traitors" within the Houses, maybe with some specific House goals to represent vendettas or something.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Wraith »

@David Xanatos: That is correct. For example, "Town Roleblocker" would here be called "Loyalist Roleblocker"

You're right, I should have clarified that in the original post. I will modify that to reflect it.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 107, Magua wrote:House Argelev is the town. I thought this was kind of obvious from the flavor and setup of the game, but whatevs. I suspect that a mass-House claim isn't going to be terribly useful to the Town, because the scum will be "traitors" within the Houses, maybe with some specific House goals to represent vendettas or something.

Can you please play along. I have something in mind and since you consider me as town, you have no reasons not to state your House Name and any kind of flavor that does not reveal your role.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Otolia > If there's a specific part you are interested in, particularly if it's flavour related, I can doubtless paraphrase it. I'd run whatever I post in that respect past Wraith first though.

Magua > Given that SK and Otolia have/had an issue that actually arose in the signup thread, it was perfectly reasonable in my eyes that, had he drawn the role, he'd do something like that to spite Otolia. I fail to see how my reaction to the potential waste of what could have been one of our strongest assets is bad.

@Mod: Thanks. I feel rather foolish now, but at least we have clarification now.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 106, Otolia wrote:
In post 103, David Xanatos wrote:To clarify.

What is the exact wording of your PM ?
That's most likely to be forbidden by the rules :igmeou:

---
MacDougall wrote:Is there really anything to suggest that this layout is specifically scum vs. town? I am getting the feeling that there is far more to it than that. I am thinking that the scum are a hidden faction and Argelev and its dissidents are too busy at each others throats to notice.

Read my posts. Is your resolve unqestionnable ?

We have been an honorable liege to the rightful ruler for longer than any other. Our resolve cannot be questioned. In answer for your request of what lands we hold, the land is known as Anoria. The people, Anorians.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Wraith »

Original post example PMs have been modified. The example role may or may not be in this game :twisted:
Show

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 110, David Xanatos wrote:Otolia > If there's a specific part you are interested in, particularly if it's flavour related, I can doubtless paraphrase it. I'd run whatever I post in that respect past Wraith first though.

Magua > Given that SK and Otolia have/had an issue that actually arose in the signup thread, it was perfectly reasonable in my eyes that, had he drawn the role, he'd do something like that to spite Otolia. I fail to see how my reaction to the potential waste of what could have been one of our strongest assets is bad.

@Mod: Thanks. I feel rather foolish now, but at least we have clarification now.

Then try to paraphrase everything that isn't related to abilities or alignment (and not in italic)
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 102, Bogre wrote:
In post 28, Magua wrote:
tclawren is in a gray category. I'm *very* curious about:
tclawren wrote:NOW TAKE A LOOK UP AT THE PROVIDED VT PM AND GIVE ME A GOOD FUCKING REASON WHY WE SHOULDN'T LYNCH YOUR
FAIL 3RD PARTY ASS.

@tclawren:
Why did you write 3rd party instead of scum?

That's a good catch.

I want that explained.

Try looking immediately after it:

In post 32, tclawren wrote:@Magua: if he was scum and had a qt he would know better than to claim that loyalists are scum. i presume that only a 3rd party that misread his pm would make that mistake.

in other news

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DavidX

good wagon is good

It
was
sorta sitting right there.

In post 107, Magua wrote:
In post 98, JDGA wrote:And Magua, considering that SK's opening post was a fake daykill on someone just because he had a vendetta against them, I don't really see how you could apparently have "liked him already." I don't think I like your reads, period.

Which ones do you disagree with, exactly? Feel free to say "all of them" if you wish.

Otolia wrote:@Magua : I understand what SK tried to achievedand playing on the flavor when people haven't been introduced completely to the game is something I dissaprove of, but that's just me and it has nothing to do with alignment more with my personal enjoyment of a mafia game. On the other hand, SK did use allegedly a DayKill ability in his first post for (more than likely) out of the game reasons, it's normal that I take it personally since I was targeted.

If it was a real daykill, you'd have a legitimate grievance. It pretty much obviously wasn't a real daykill when he did it, and now that the mod has posted a votecount, it's confirmed not a real daykill.

Otolia wrote:The key point now is : Is House Argelev among us or is House Argelev an outside House that the townies have to protect by eliminating all threats to them ? Or is House Argelev many people who try to struggle for power while the Loyalists try to protect them all ? Answering this question should give us our first lynch of the game.

House Argelev is the town. I thought this was kind of obvious from the flavor and setup of the game, but whatevs. I suspect that a mass-House claim isn't going to be terribly useful to the Town, because the scum will be "traitors" within the Houses, maybe with some specific House goals to represent vendettas or something.

1) Pretty much all of them, although I see kdowns as town as well. It also doesn't help that...
2) I didn't see any reason to believe that SK's fakekill wasn't a real daykill at the time.
1) So your reads on David and Otolia don't really make sense, as it wasn't obvious at all that the daykill was a fake. SK's gambit wasn't exactly a gambit so much as just stupid, and obviously I disagree with your read on me due to the fact that I said I was going to make a votecount for myself.
3) Why are you so certain that the scum are traitors as opposed to a separate House altogether? It's not that difficult for them to lie about which House they are v_v

When you recall that
scum can daytalk
, and your apparent knowledge of "obvious" information that wasn't obvious at all (see points 2 and 3), I'm starting to very strongly doubt your alignment. My vote stays, however, as you're much less likely to be scum if SK isn't also scum.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 111, MacDougall wrote:
We have been an honorable liege to the rightful ruler for longer than any other. Our resolve cannot be questioned. In answer for your request of what lands we hold, the land is known as Anoria. The people, Anorians.

Alright thank you.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 109, Otolia wrote:Can you please play along. I have something in mind and since you consider me as town, you have no reasons not to state your House Name and any kind of flavor that does not reveal your role.

You being town and you being correct are two *wildly* different concepts.

In post 110, David Xanatos wrote:

I've already stated the reasons that I don't think your reaction was town. Flipflop on the your reaction of the kill ending the day or not, along with the outright "you just became today's lynch" rather than waiting to see what Otolia's flip was going to be.

JDGA wrote:
2) I didn't see any reason to believe that SK's fakekill wasn't a real daykill at the time.

# of "Daykill: X" posts I have seen in, oh, the first 5 pages of a game: 6
# of *real* daykills I have seen in the first 5 pages of a game: 0

Now, given that your join date is 2007, my counterquestion to you is, "Why did you think it *was* real daykill?"

JDGA wrote:1) So your reads on David and Otolia don't really make sense, as it wasn't obvious at all that the daykill was a fake. SK's gambit wasn't exactly a gambit so much as just stupid, and obviously I disagree with your read on me due to the fact that I said I was going to make a votecount for myself.

I have no read on you. I found what you said to be odd. See also: tclawren calling SK third party.

JDGA wrote:3) Why are you so certain that the scum are traitors as opposed to a separate House altogether? It's not that difficult for them to lie about which House they are v_v

I'm not certain, hence usage of the word "suspect."

JDGA wrote:When you recall that scum can daytalk, and your apparent knowledge of "obvious" information that wasn't obvious at all (see points 2 and 3), I'm starting to very strongly doubt your alignment. My vote stays, however, as you're much less likely to be scum if SK isn't also scum.

Loyalist meaning town is obvious. Find someone other than David Xanatos who doesn't think it is. As for your calling my setup suspicions scummy, that's fine; you assuming SK's daykill was real until proven otherwise with a 2007 join date is scummy in return.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Magua, you're ignoring the fact I assumed it to mean VANILLA TOWN, due to the first post's Sample PM. It was a rather specific misunderstanding that has now been clarified in the first post.

Otolia > I am Moran Argelev. I was born and trapped in the West by the outbreak of the Great War, unknown to the rest of the klan. I crossed into the Imperium mere days ago and now march on the capital, Orogoth.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Oh, and Magua. As I stated, numerous times, Daykills can end the day, but it's down to Mod's preference. I admit a slight overreaction, but to accuse me of "flip-flopping" after I explained this before is simply making me think you're skimming.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Magua »

You have said these things, yes.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

And to address the "not waiting". Either way I'd consider it scummy. Either it's a completely wasted shot, which is suspect at the best of times, or I would personally be under the impression of an insta-bus/kill, given the apparent bad blood between them. If he wanted to WOTC him, I can't see him working with him on a scumteam quietly.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

I really, really need to get to sleep now. 3 hours sleep time left >_<

Any further points, I'll address in the morning.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 116, Magua wrote:
In post 109, Otolia wrote:Can you please play along. I have something in mind and since you consider me as town, you have no reasons not to state your House Name and any kind of flavor that does not reveal your role.

You being town and you being correct are two *wildly* different concepts.

I may be not right but I'd like your House name and any information that you could afford to say. David Xanatos did it so why wouldn't you ?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I'm House Argelev.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

PLEASE STOP HOUSE CLAIMING.

House Argelev is central to my wincon, I'm sure there are more dangerous roles for whom it is the same. Yes, I am not strictly town(although I am for the moment). The rightful heirs to the throne are all males of House Argelev. My role DOES say that all heirs to the throne are town. There are traitors within the house, but all the rightful heirs are town. And my role suggests that scum may have an alternate wincon of killing off all the heirs. So please stop.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”