Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 40, AGar wrote:Also, because their shit will be buried by plenty of inane shit (remember...
50 players. POSTING.
) and they'll have plenty of time to fabricate a cover for it when in a natural environment they would be called immediately. This is the problem with segmented scumhunting.

That you can't see the flaws in this idea is pretty saddening to me.

There are going to be lurkers. If we're looking in a group of 50, its easy to hide. In a group of 10, call out lurkers in that group. Of the other 40, I don't care if half of them aren't saying much when its not their group. They'll get their licks when their group is up.

I really think I'm the one being trolled here. I haven't heard one good answer that looks like there's been any thought put into why this isn't a good idea.
YYR
YYR
Goon
YYR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:32 am

Post by YYR »

In post 48, The Mini-Librarian wrote:So, I'm scummy for:

1. Asking why there's a policy lynch on someone.

2. Getting an answer on that question.

3. Voting based off that answer.

How does this make sense?

You are far too easily convinced then.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:34 am

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Rhinox

That he's actually suggesting isolating into groups of 10 for however long and insistently sticking with it baffles me.

This vote is 100% serious. No policy here, nothing. Just. What the fuck.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

Our strategy should be, everyone vote for whoever they want to lynch for whatever reason they care for. There is no point trying to organise a plan and have 50 people weigh in and agree/disagree and discuss a plan - even getting half to do that is a waste of time.

I am licking my lips at the prospect of wagon analysis with 10 lynch wagons. Making people vote from a set list when they don't want to devalues that. If scum want to try and vote in blocks to exert their influence, good luck to them, but we will pick them off. We have better chances of lynching scum, if a bunch of townies can spring from nowhere to nail an unsuspecting scumbag - it keeps scum on their toes and might force them to push other wagons harder or bus when one of them is under pressure.
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:36 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

@yyr: Maybe so. But how can you say I was being opportunistic when it was decided before I even posted that he was getting lynched?

@Iceguy and agar: remember that fritzler isn't the mod. I don't think your votes count.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 am

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Chesskid3

Until flip is ensured. Then I move to Rhinox.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 am

Post by Fritzler »

In post 53, Hoopla wrote:Our strategy should be, everyone vote for whoever they want to lynch for whatever reason they care for. There is no point trying to organise a plan and have 50 people weigh in and agree/disagree and discuss a plan - even getting half to do that is a waste of time.

I am licking my lips at the prospect of wagon analysis with 10 lynch wagons. Making people vote from a set list when they don't want to devalues that. If scum want to try and vote in blocks to exert their influence, good luck to them, but we will pick them off. We have better chances of lynching scum, if a bunch of townies can spring from nowhere to nail an unsuspecting scumbag - it keeps scum on their toes and might force them to push other wagons harder or bus when one of them is under pressure.

I am voting RedFF because of a deal I made with you. Are you going to help me out with this wagon or not?
Surfs up dude.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

redFF and Rhinox are fine for lynch #2.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

OK agar explain why my plan benefits scum then.

Hoopla I wasn't planning on waiting for a consensus IMO my plan's benefits to focusing efforts seem obvious I assumed people would just fall in line and be ok with it as they came in. I don't see why you can't have wagon analysis from doing things the group way. Its just a more focused effort of the same thing thats going on. If policy is the best reason to lynch in a group, people can do that. If people don't want to vote for anyone in a group thats an option too since it doesn't take a majority. Saying "I don't see anyone in this group of 10 I want to lynch" is a stance one could take.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 56, Fritzler wrote:I am voting RedFF because of a deal I made with you. Are you going to help me out with this wagon or not?

I am. I posted that mini wall after being ninja'd by a billion posts.

Since chesskid is out of the way;

redFF

We should probably at least wait for claims in the future though. I want to know what sort of roles are in the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:43 am

Post by Hoopla »

VOTE: redFF
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:44 am

Post by Fritzler »

Awesome. I too would like to wait on claims, so I can laugh in their faces with my incredulity.
Surfs up dude.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:44 am

Post by Hoopla »

I think Rhinox is town - but he needs to stop pushing an unpopular idea, though. You lost. Move on and vote someone.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

In post 45, The Mini-Librarian wrote:@soad: yep. If people as a whole don't like him I will bow down to the judgment of the masses.
Especially
in this game. Taking my one vote off isn't going to stop chess from getting lynched.

How is just going along with whatever wagon seems to have the most traction protown? Maybe it's chesskid, and maybe your vote didn't matter, but I just cannot fathom how anyone would support a policy lynch for a player they have no problem with, especially to the point of wanting to actually quicklynch him and not get a single post in at all.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 62, Hoopla wrote:I think Rhinox is town - but he needs to stop pushing an unpopular idea, though. You lost. Move on and vote someone.

I am voting someone.

Only a handful of 50 knee-jerk hate my idea, for all I know those are the scum who don't want any townies to dare try to create order out of the chaos they're hoping for.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:51 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 64, Rhinox wrote:
In post 62, Hoopla wrote:I think Rhinox is town - but he needs to stop pushing an unpopular idea, though. You lost. Move on and vote someone.

I am voting someone.

Only a handful of 50 knee-jerk hate my idea, for all I know those are the scum who don't want any townies to dare try to create order out of the chaos they're hoping for.

1. True, but we're a sample of the whole group. If we are the only ones to dislike your idea, why has nobody else come out in support of it?

2. Do you think scum would be stupid enough to all pile in with the same opinion? Really?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 64, Rhinox wrote:I am voting someone.Only a handful of 50 knee-jerk hate my idea, for all I know those are the scum who don't want any townies to dare try to create order out of the chaos they're hoping for.

You aren't. Chesskid is lynched. Now it's a new day.

I think the chaos is beneficial to town, rather than a scumbag know he can't be lynched for another four lynches. Like I said, keeps scum on their toes and means we aren't ignoring obviously scummy people just because they're not in an arbitrary group of players.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:53 am

Post by IceGuy »

Rhinox, I'm scum and I hate your idea.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 am

Post by IceGuy »

EBWOP: town*
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Slip?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hoopla:

In post 0, mykonian wrote:4) Within a day, lynches do not reset the votes on other wagons.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 47, IceGuy wrote:On to the next
mislynch
!

VOTE: petapan

In post 67, IceGuy wrote:Rhinox, I'm scum and I hate your idea.

IceGuy has slipped twice. Probably inconsequential, but we could burn on a lynch on it to be sure.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:07 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, I missed the first one. Yeah, there's NO WAY two slips in such a short time is a coincidence.

VOTE: IceGuy
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:08 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 47, IceGuy wrote:
In post 46, Fritzler wrote:
HAMMER!

On to the next mislynch!

VOTE: petapan

OKay, so, there's not even been a flip, and you KNOW this is a mislynch, AND you're ready for the NEXT mislynch?

Then we have a the slip right above this post.

Vote: IceGuy

Ninja's but that's to be expected in this game.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:08 am

Post by IceGuy »

The mislynch thing was obviously sarcastic, and the scum/town thing I was just not paying attention. Don't see what's so slippy (slippery?) about that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”