MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Tyene

In post 1873, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Minimum isn't really saying that to my mind. They are saying "the strong players are playing meh" which

A. isn't true.
B. is a cop-out excuse for why the Nightkills happened as they did.

So I'll relook at them but I actually see them arguing the opposite of what you are IMO.

Went back and reviewed this. I was wrong on this point and Minimum has voiced that opinion (in conjunction with "strong players are meh so far").
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:31 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Similar to what Magua said about me, I'm not getting scum vibes from him right away.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Windblown are a mercenary company of two thousand mounted horse and foot soldiers found in the Free Cities. They are led by a captain known as the Tattered Prince. Fork-tailed blue-and-white banners are the standards of the Windblown, streamers of pale blue silk flutter from the Windblown lances. The Windblown command tent is a great grey sailcloth pavilion which the Tattered Prince likes to call his canvas castle. Some of their tents sleep ten men. It can take the Windblown less than an hour to strike camp.

Day 2, Votecount 8

bvoigt (10) - Dolorous Edd, Staeg, Benmage, Shadow1psc Mastermind of Sin, Shinori, kortul, Pandora, BBmolla, MagnaofIllusion

Saporerint (1) - Tyene Sand

Not Voting (13):
Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Bvoigt, Plessiezarus, Feysal, Saporerint, Scumhunter, Jal

With 24 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 22nd September at 00:39am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-21 19:39:47)
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Jal »

All right, I just give up. In a large group, I find my success rate for finding someone's alignment increases when I go back-and-forth with someone for whom I find scummy. I see how they characterize their argument, how they defend themselves, or if they're oddly defending someone else in their argument with me. Especially with a game of this size, it's hard to keep up with everyone so I like to focus on a few at a time. Not like anything interesting has happened today either. Bvoigt got caught in a lie that everyone didn't believe at the end of D1? Great. Sap fucked up? Color me surprised if they're scum considering yesterday. Dolorous Edd making bad arguments and ignoring everyone outside of his bubble? Check mark.

I've said what I want to say about DCL scum. Those Stannis-aligned are few. There's a decent chance all Stannis scum were on his bandwagon at least at the very end given the a) Inevitability b) The vengeful mechanic c) He was only a goon. It really just comes down to the experience and skill of Stannis-aligned. Other than Edd's sorry-ass attempts to call DCL town, there weren't a lot of people really sticking out their necks to defend DCL. I'm going to guess at the very least lot of distancing was involved or non-mentioning when the votes started accumulating, and mainly by DCL himself.

DCL made a list of opinions of people on his wagon, in post 1374. He didn't include everyone. There's also a decent chance
a
scum is listed here as
either
a scum or town read. His read on Pandora reads more like buddying than anything else, though.

I want to see what alignment Bvoigt flips before saying or doing much more about him and that bandwagon.

I've decided to jail someone who is a town read but also someone I think is one of the "Obv Townies" that may be scum. If you only look at what they say, they look townie.
How
they say things and the motivation behind their words are unclear. I feel like they are trying to find underlying scummy things that just may not exist.

Also, I'm not from westeros (the site).
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Magua »

Tyrene Sand wrote:
I think Magua is town. While that post is heavily lacking, I can see the way he achieved some of the non-obvious reads. The main thing I dislike s the way some of his reads are connected without substance; going over his read on me, for example, you'd expect him to develop the Regfan line more, but you go back to Regfan and it's just an empty loop. However, I do understand how he's getting the read he has on me, and it's called Paranoia Mafia, where I was scum and was blatantly calling out town on not knowing their own role PMs. There's an issue here, Magua--in Paranoia, I was clearly not giving a damn about the players' motivations in doing Stupid Shit. Here I've been trying to reason them out and making up my mind about it.

The Paranoia Mafia reference is apt. It's the angle of your attacks. In Paranoia, you were all, "Town would never misread their PM like that," and pushed the wagon based on that, knowing full well that that was pretty much exactly what had actually happened. Here, in regards to Saporerint, you're all, "Town would never send that PM," and I am seeing it line up the same way.

As for Regfan: I'm not bothering to read Regfan. Not kidding about the MoI resemblance -- I'll lynch him if he's still around D4. Unless MoI is also still around D4, in which case he gets lynched first.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:In regards to the bolded … remind me again what recent game it was we were NOT Hydraing together in and we debated whether a scum-slip was valid and whoever it was flipped scum and I was right and all in your face about it. I’m being lazy but am pretty sure this actually happened and I’m not imagining it.

Captain Ajax in Scummies.

I'll happily repeat what I said there: He didn't "slip." He was scum, and he got attacked for something (changed read on Fonz IIRC), but those two facts are not cause/effect. D1 attacks are bullshit anyways (as a contra-example, I remember people crowing about your "slip" in ASOIAF, eg, but you were town).

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Would you not have assessed Snowstorm’s play as very similar (too defensive and not worried about finding scum)? Because at a gut level I’m not getting Jal-scum (yes, I am not really reading her that closely) and wonder if this is a “Westros import” symptom.

Can't *really* compare, as I haven't read Snowstorm in D1 and don't really care to at this point. But on a rough guess, Jal *feels* like a Westeros import, whereas Snowstorm seems like a new player (that is, new entirely, not new from somewhere else), so I would have different expectations.

Regfan wrote:Magua, explain to me why Shinori revealing whatever information he has now is dumb because I don't see it that way at all.

Really surprised to see you say this. I'll take it slow, so you can tell me where you fall off.

- Shinori's information is not a straight up guilty, else he would've outted it.
- If Shinori's information is a straight up innocent, he should not out it (it's not due to the questions he's been asking, but I'm just being complete here)
- So Shinori's information is of an imprecise form, either of a pseudo nature ("I roleblocked X and there was a missing kill", "I saved X and there was a missing kill," etc), or of the form "One of X, Y, Z is scum."

In all those cases, given that Shinori will be alive tomorrow, there's zero reason to out it today. Outting it doesn't help, but does give scum the ability to plan around the information (shoot/not shoot someone depending) because they have more information than we do so can make more use of whatever it is that Shinori knows. Especially given multiball, I do not want to do anything that might reduce the chance of crosskills.

As for reading you: I'll read you D4. Either I can go to the OP and look at the deadlist, or I'll say "Regfan is alive D4, scum." Easy peasy.

Benmage wrote:Magua, how do you not have me as the townest of the town?? You know Faraday hates me right?

So far, the two times I've been town with you, I've seen you govern scum in lylo, and counterclaim a cop as VT and get them lynched.

So I'm actually scared of the possibility that you might be town.

Jal wrote:I've said what I want to say about DCL scum. Those Stannis-aligned are few. There's a decent chance all Stannis scum were on his bandwagon at least at the very end given the a) Inevitability b) The vengeful mechanic c) He was only a goon. It really just comes down to the experience and skill of Stannis-aligned. Other than Edd's sorry-ass attempts to call DCL town, there weren't a lot of people really sticking out their necks to defend DCL. I'm going to guess at the very least lot of distancing was involved or non-mentioning when the votes started accumulating, and mainly by DCL himself.

This sort of generalization (Stannis are in this group) is not useful. Useful is saying who in that group you actually think is Stannis.

Jal wrote:Also, I'm not from westeros (the site).

Have you played mafia before mafiascum.net? If so, where/how long?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Magua »

Goddammit, Magna is making me quote stripe.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:18 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1879, Magua wrote:Really surprised to see you say this. I'll take it slow, so you can tell me where you fall off.

(1) - Shinori's information is not a straight up guilty, else he would've outted it.
(2) - If Shinori's information is a straight up innocent, he should not out it (it's not due to the questions he's been asking, but I'm just being complete here)
(3) - So Shinori's information is of an imprecise form, either of a pseudo nature ("I roleblocked X and there was a missing kill", "I saved X and there was a missing kill," etc), or of the form "One of X, Y, Z is scum."

In all those cases, given that Shinori will be alive tomorrow, there's zero reason to out it today. Outting it doesn't help, but does give scum the ability to plan around the information (shoot/not shoot someone depending) because they have more information than we do so can make more use of whatever it is that Shinori knows. Especially given multiball, I do not want to do anything that might reduce the chance of crosskills.

For the most part agree on (1), agree on (2) though it's obv not the case and I think it's some form of (3), I also don't trust him to be analyzing it right at all, the massive flaw in outing it tomorrow is that scum likely will be able to piece together what information he has or what he's on about tonight putting together what they know or at least plan out for a few likely scenarios whereas him just outing it today puts people on-the-spot about it, which is the ultimate aim. Also if I've guessed at what information he has then him revealing it is going to impact very minimally on the likelihood of cross-kills. Now I think you can agree this jailkeep thing means we can keep a strong town player alive which is a massive gain, especially if we stop a kill being successful at the same time doing it, so having him out the information now means we don't have to have jailkeeping votes on him and therefore can have votes in better places. (This whole argument is mostly a waste of time truthfully given the sheer number of jailkeep votes already sent in, but fairly sure you're wrong about it being dumb to out the information.)

PS: This'll likely be my last game in quite a while (Want to take a 6-8 month break at least) so don't be lazy and actually read D1 please.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Benmage »

Magua, I didnt govern scum in lylo.. no need to strectch the truth. And it actually had no outcome on the game... because the governing was to due to not everything adding up which my hunch was correct as we got eff'd by *spread arms wide*

But lylo...... :roll:

And hell yeah I CC'd a cultcop who was the scummiest acting person in the game. Have you never been in a game where scum claims a town pr? LIKE A COP? And goes onto live for several days. Its like scum 1-0-1 strat... yeesh get with the program.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Benmage »

Oh yeah Magua... correct me if I'm wrong. In that cult game, where you were too busy chasing "the boogyman"...didn't you lynch town over CLAIMED SCUM... Yeah gj chief. Worried about me. I see the big picture. Take off the tunnel blinders, take a step back and try to get on my level.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Scumhunter »

So...hey guys. I've got a 2nd grade reading level and I'm a lazy fat American who can't be fucked to read this thread. So, someone tell me what to think. Thank you.

Also, LOL at Lannisters being town, they are so scummy.

LeSigh, Long Live King Tommen, protector of the realm.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

we sent in out jailkeep.
it would be a damn shame if we weren't on this sexwagon, so
Vote: bvoigt
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Sorry, been busy with other games lately (two that I'm modding are about to start), so I didn't get my choice in yet. It's in now.
Permanent V/LA.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

My vote's in.

In post 1818, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Cow who was an early Town read

Mind saying why?

In post 1835, Plessiezarus wrote:Regfan didn't single-handedly get DCLXVI lynched (Tyene for one deserves as much or more credit, I think)

I think what you mean to say is that Tyene deserves the credit for making sure 666 was made assassin last night, rather than lynched.
In post 1853, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:Dear Lord why.

Because hydra-dissonance leads to the slot being able to pick between the stances of the players in the hydra if it ever becomes convenient for the reason "My other head convinced me," and we can't have that as the game goes forward.
In post 1853, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:This is just ridiculously disingenuous. The whole post smacks of contrived reasons to say something about MoI - which amounts after a couple of paragraphs to the useless 'Townreads on MoI aren't so warranted'. Seriously.

That is ridiculous. MoI switching votes from scum read Minimum to SnowStorm because of SnowStorm posting crap "is" bad for MoI.
In post 1853, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:And who's the guy who just suggested a policy-lynch of hydras doing hydra things that make them 'less easy to read'?

Was it actaully unknown who was in the hydra? No. Was MoS vote of the hydra for a stupid reason that shows that's not reading the thread or pretending to not read the thread. Yes.
In post 1853, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:And my gosh, everyone ignored our initial case on bvoigt. Seriously. Basically, too much looks too disingenuous for me to be letting this go any time soon. The whole thing, especially the attacks on Tyene, smack of setting up conventional 'tell parameters' of a sort to make his attacks seem sound. They are not. They ignore crucial and obvious factors.

1. I wasn't in the game when the case on bv. was presented, by the time I was here, he was nearly conf. scum, so what's you're point/
2. There is nothing disingenuous here, so diaf.
3. "Tell parameters?" Are you inventing jargon to try to paint me as scummy because I have no idea what that means.
4. Ok, you think I'm wrong about Tyene. Instead of writing vague BS, point out what you think is wrong.
In post 1863, Tyene Sand wrote:Okay, bugger that. I can't be bothered to muster the patience to show Zdenek the amount of crap he's throwing in hopes it sticks.

Whatever your alignment: you're wrong. Plum put it quite well, and considering there is a grand total of three people calling me scum, it's going to be a long time before I can be convinced to spend time defending myself from a lynch that's not going to happen.

Plum's points were garbage. Maybe you won't be lynched . . .

Kill: Tyene Sand
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Tyene Sand »

This should be interesting. After Blood Bowl and Mafia Behind the Maiden, I'm done mustering the emotional willpower to complain about vid kills. If it's true, so be it, and you're an idiot if you're town. If it's fake, you're an idiot too.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Prodding Saporerint, BBmolla and bvoigt
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:58 am

Post by Tyene Sand »

I can't even type them right, the woe.

s/vid/vig

s/vig/fake vig

Thanks, Faraday--less time spent draining the vodka bottle~
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1888, Tyene Sand wrote:This should be interesting. After Blood Bowl and Mafia Behind the Maiden, I'm done mustering the emotional willpower to complain about vid kills. If it's true, so be it, and you're an idiot if you're town. If it's fake, you're an idiot too.

No final reads. tsk tsk.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1891, Zdenek wrote:No final reads. tsk tsk.

Stupid Daykill gambit ... tsk tsk ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1892, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Is there still time to lynch Zde?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Are you reading the things that Tyene is writing:
"Plum put it quite well."
"the way you're talking about your suspicion of me (and other people) seems to have skips of logic that don't make sense as something that is not deliberate misrepresentation"

It's crazy talk. Tierce isn't a VI, so she's doesn't get that excuse for this.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

I'm always ignored after I die. That's my main complaint. Anyone who cares enough about my reads will go through what is already posted in the thread, and the emotional rollercoaster that I've been put through in the last hours really doesn't give me the strength to bother. I'm not about to compile lists for the lazy--and if final reads would be the thing to cause you to back off from a fake vig target (of which this is now the third time for me in MS), you are a poor Town player, Zdenek. It's about
how
people react, not what
is
actually posted. Daykill gambits are usually poorly executed to begin with (by the by, you should pull them while the mods are away from their computers to ensure maximum reactions).

I've been lynched one time out of twenty town games, and it was my second game on the site + first large theme. Was lynched three times out of seven completed scum games. That should give you a hint on how my alignment is pretty much always obvious and I can't be bothered to throw hissy fits anymore.

I'm thoroughly bored with this day phase. It's awesome that we have what is likely to be two scum in our hands and that they are dying today and tomorrow, but I just can't be bothered to care until we move on from this--they're not even willing to put up a fight anymore, so I want them lynched and onward and upward. The only reason I'm not voting bvoigt is the pending jailkeep votes.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1893, Benmage wrote:

Is there still time to lynch Zde?

You would think so, but he's town.

Also, can everyone rank Sapo, Jal, Staeg, and Mockingjaye in order of suspicion please?
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

In post 1896, Dolorous Edd wrote:Also, can everyone rank Sapo, Jal, Staeg, and Mockingjaye in order of suspicion please?
Saporerint
Staeg
Jal - mockingjaye

Start lynching from the top.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Pointless to do reads.. since I havent done anything today but skim.. since we have scum on lockdown.. +whoever dies tonight/flips... will make rereading today(tomorrow)(gamewise) so much more informed.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

So yeah can we just lynch already?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”