Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Post by Pandora »

In post 99, Regfan wrote:[Quilford's] comments about redFF read as town

Btdubs: I didn't make any. You were reading my hydra buddy, who is XXXXXX. :P

Regfan wrote:I don't think Feysal assuming that it's multi-ball without massively elaborating on it is a scum-tell at all, it's the sort of assumption I can see him making and right now I think his play matches his town meta closer than his scum meta.

You think it's an assumption you can see Feysal making. Tierce doesn't. Can you explain this dissonance?

In post 99, Regfan wrote:Also Faraday has made several comments to me in the past that he thinks a 28 player game without there being more than one night kill a night is a bad idea and would last forever.

So?

You seem reserved, Regfan. Can you explain how you got your 'fairly strong scum-read on [Starbuck's] earlyish comments'?

-- Quilford
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 100, Pandora wrote:You think it's an assumption you can see Feysal making. Tierce doesn't. Can you explain this dissonance?

Tierce is right in that Feysal does often elaborate on some things in great great detail but I don't think a conversation about the likelihood of multi-scum is needing of walls of text like he normally spends on the things he talks about, especially when there's the choosing mechanic to talk about instead.

In post 100, Pandora wrote:
You seem reserved, Regfan. Can you explain how you got your 'fairly strong scum-read on [Starbuck's] earlyish comments'?

I did explain my earlish scum read on Starbuck but it has to do with the fact that her focus and comments about people 'whimsically' throwing around choose votes doesn't show any real thought process behind it, thinking about it for a minute would make someone realize that the difference between that and RVS voting is nill and the lack of that consideration makes more sense as scum posting without thinking into things too deeply and her explanation behind it in makes little to no sense. Her vote on Feysal with the comment on the multi-ball also came across as sheeping alternate counterwagon.

Oh and I didn't say that you commented on RedFF, I said your alternate head did.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 am

Post by Minimum »

Unvote, vote: Snowstorm
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:32 am

Post by Pandora »

This is already more fun then I thought it would be. Already blaming me for everything are you, PandorB? =.= I have to sleep now but we're going to talk this out in ~*~private~*~ unless you want to watch us. No peeping!

Actually, from what I saw of Chrono Trigger, Feysal gave up on the essays after awhile. Demotivated scum disease. This half is more interested in hearing what he has to say about people that isn't flavor related before making judgements. I might agree to Choose him for being shaky. I like to let people have ~two~ posts before making them my prime suspect.

Regfan: Not-Tierce has been calling me by name you know. This is Shadoweh popping out of the forbidden box!
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 am

Post by Staeg »

Salamance scum - that jump on the feysal wagon was horrendous: he chooses him instead of voting him, he smacks on RVS-esque commentary and then asks something that was already asked (with multiple question marks, mind you).
Starbuck scum - mostly what was already said. The initial I-thought-about-it-but-really-didn't about the Chooses, followed by more of that, followed by not reading the argument closely at all.

I didn't read the feysal thingy as a scumslip at all, and mostly what Regfan said in this regard.

Pappums town.
NachoPlum probtown.
Regfan probtown.

unvote
vote: salamance
Choose: Starbuck

Also wow there's a lot of people whose names start with S this game.
sa vrede?
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:51 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 76, Starbuck wrote:
In post 74, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 71, Starbuck wrote:I disagree that this should be used as a second scum lynch and if that makes me scum in everyone's eyes so be it.

So what do you think it should be used as?

And why are you choosing yourself?

I think it should be the hands of a VT. A townie who has nothing to lose, but would still follow the wishes of the majority.

If it ends up in scum hands, we won't know where it lands.

I didn't want to claim this early, but I'm choosing myself because I know that I am town and that I have nothing to lose.

BUT

WHY.

WHY

WHY ARE YOU ALREADY DOING THIS.

~Zar
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:12 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Loras Tyrell was the first and only Lord Commander of the Rainbow Guard.

Day 1, Votecount 4

MagnaofIllusion (2) - Benmage, Shadow1psc
Mastermind of Sin (1) - sword_of_omens
Starbuck (4) - Dolorous Edd, Plum's Yo Mamma, Feysal, redFF

SnowStorm (3) - Plessiezarus, Regfan, Minimum
Minimum (3) - MagnaofIllusion, Salamence20, Hasdgfas
Petyr Baelish (1) - Mastermind of Sin
Benmage (1) - SnowStorm
Salamence20 (2) - pappums rat, Staeg
Feysal (2) - Starbuck, Pandora
redFF (1) - Tyene Sand

Not Voting (8):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, Hyperion, Bvoigt, BBmolla, Jal, StefanB

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • redFF is V/la until Friday.

CHOOSE THE EYRIE FOR YOUR VACATION?

MagnaofIllusion (3) - Minimum, sword_of_omens, MagnaofIllusion
Benmage (1) - Benmage
Tyene Sand (1) - Feysal
Dolorous Edd (2) - Hasdgfas, Plum's Yo Mamma
Feysal (4) - Dolorous Edd, Salamence20, BBmolla, Tyene Sand

Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Petyr Baelish (1) - Mastermind of Sin
Minimum (2) - Pandora, Regfan
Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg

Not Choosing (12):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, Hyperion, redFF, pappums rat, Bvoigt, Plessiezarus, SnowStorm, Jal, StefanB

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'.

Point out any mistakes that you see.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 am

Post by Pandora »

Zar, do you think 'this' is townie or scummy? If so why? Don't be a meanieface again.
- Shadowtoteslyingaboutsleepingagain
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

I haven't had a chance to discuss my impressions yet with Pless, so this content is 100% Zar. I'm agreeing with Regfan on Molla looking townish, especially based on his early entrance.

Dolorous Edd is a Hydra composed of two Westerosi players known to be somewhat batshit, so the explosion of chaotic reasoning coming from them does not seem scummy to me. Especially after just reading #73 and realizing all of the content has been coming from Arthur.

Regfan's contribution to the discussion feels more likely to come from a town mindset. While logical =/= town, Regfan's post does seem contrived or grasping for things that aren't there.

@shadoweh: As much as I'm annoyed at SB for doing what she did, her logic doesn't really strike me as coming from scum. Sure, I get the 1 - 1 trade-off that has been explained in thread, but I empathize on how a town-aligned player would think this could be a idea, as it was also my reaction when it was proposed.

~Zar.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

EBWOP = doesn't
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:41 am

Post by Hyperion »

stole cousins f\hone to post at family gathering, should be home in front of computer withing a few hours or so, will read up and post then.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:51 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay, not really in this game at the moment.
Benmage, Moi: Why are you selfcosing this is not a sane townmove (it is like selfvoting)? (exspecially suprising coming from Ben who if I remember my meta correct, has one of the biggest egos on the site.

Benmage: Don't like his random vote, Moi should be town, let's vote him, year.

Delorous Ed: His first plan had him chose a townie (losing 2 suspicios townie is better than losing at worst case a powerrole and a scum, "sarcasmmode good plan") Post 14
Later posts show he knows what is going on, and makes the use it as second lynch. (which is the sane idea) (Posts 29,79)
So after he made a similar assumption, his vote on Starbuck is strange, considering one of the mainreasons for the waggon is that Starbuck doesn't get the imho optimal strategy.
Why are you voting Starbuck exxactly?
The woried much is a nice RVSreason, but seems a bit strange as a reason now, exspecially considering she had not a vote or a chosen on her at that time.

The Starbuckwaggon: Not liking it, not sure about the early claim, and her plan for the shot is terrible, but I don't see Starbuck as scummy.

The Feysalwaggon: Now that one I can see, scumhunting/theorydiscusionratio terrible (yes Quils argument), exspecially considering this it is a very easy decision to make at last theoretical. (And at the moment this is a theoretical discusion)
And his chosen vote is imho in a worse position than his lynchvote.

To make it short.

VOTE: ED

And because wired combisend in next post.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:55 am

Post by StefanB »

Chose: Feysal

More to my reason: I first thought that 2 scumgroups are very likly, because I assumed that, too, even before I signin in that game. But Tierce (or our friend from the south) is right, that it is only an assumption for town.

So I give this waggon my vote and my blessing. FOR WESTEROS!!!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 am

Post by Regfan »

Stefan, ED's isn't him stating that we should be sending a townie, he's instead saying we should send someone scummy, that way either we hit scum or we remove a scummy player. It's actually a very logical and sound usage of the power and I see no contradiction with that and his later posts. I think your scum-read on him is trash dude and I would much rather hear your thoughts on other players that are non-ED and non-Feysal in terms of scum-reads.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:07 am

Post by Regfan »

I'm not fully following your scum read on Feysal either; if you too thought that multi-scum was very likely then Feysal running with that assumption isn't a scum-tell at all. Also Quilfords 'scumhunting/theory' argument is debunk by the fact that Feysal usually spends the early game on theory and less on scumhunting. Plus his 'chosen vote' was from hours into the game nearly so don't see how you can consider that to be a strong scum-tell.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 am

Post by StefanB »

About DE: Yes I was an idiot.
Unvote

About Feysal: I think he is scummy. The other vote was more of an afterthought. Even for someone who is often using theory in the beginning, that isn't normally that discusionworthy and we should see some scumhunting in that game from Feysal. Enough to presure it and

Yes I give you that I have sad mostly things about the leadwaggon, and I like how our Sandsister and Pandora are pushing that, both are for that point of the game in the towngroup.

The other players:

Players with not enough input: BBMolla, Has, Hyperion, MoI (except for the selsend), MoS, Pampus, Plum, Sala, Shadow, Snowstorm, Staeg, Swords (for me at last)

I need a little bit more to get a read there.

That leaves Benmage, DE, Feysal, Minimum, Pandora, Plesio, RedFF, Regfan, Starbuck and Sandy.

Tyrene Sand and Pandora are Townreads for the moment.

Starbuck probably town, because of claim and asked to die,

Leaves Benmage, Minimum, Pandora, Plesio, RedFF und Regfan, which I will look in now, ISO I am not so good in the gane that I have superreads at the moment.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:42 am

Post by StefanB »

Benmage: Not much to go for. His selfnominate is damm strange even more so than Moi, don't like his RVS.
Not much to go for, normall self I think.

Minimum: You wanted to use chosing as PL, so why chose MOI, definitly not a PL, where I came from? (That was before the selfvote, so why????)

Pandora: Townread, should not have been on that list, mistake.

Zar: Not more than a gutliking of his entrance.

RedFF: Don't like that much, if I would revote soon, here probably but I like to get better in this game.

Regfan: You I have nothing else to say, to in the moment. Nothing that stood out negativly. Thanks for pointing out, how I was an idiot on DE.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:48 am

Post by Staeg »

...I'm not liking stefan's posting at all, but it's only gut and I'm not sure if it's because of the language barrier or not
sa vrede?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:54 am

Post by StefanB »

Or the break beeing not long enough or the head...

If I am to confusing tell me were and I will try to make it more clear.

I know I am not giving 100% at the moment, this is more a try to get in the game, to be there and hopfully be a little help.

Staeg: Still liking your votes, why is Salamenders jumb worse than BBMollas or DE for example.
Still don't think scum Starbuck would be that suicidal.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:58 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 104, Staeg wrote:Salamance scum - that jump on the feysal wagon was horrendous: he chooses him instead of voting him, he smacks on RVS-esque commentary and then asks something that was already asked (with multiple question marks, mind you).

This is why.
BBmolla admitted that his vote is sheeping and only sheeping. He didn't try to pull any fancy "BUT WHAT IF I MISSED SOMETHING????????/?" Granted, he's not town for it, but I'm not assigning him any scumpoints, either.
Dolorous Edd is just... wrong. He was the first to point it, when there were no actual votes on Feysal.
sa vrede?
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Had a chance to talk things over with Pless a bit, so this is a proper two-headed hydra post.

We both think Regfan (and, as he says, Edd) look pretty good at the moment. [Pless isn't sure he quite agrees with the description of Arthur as "batshit", but overly-aggressive in a slightly unfocused way? Sure.]

@Snow Storm
- Out of interest, we'd like to know if you've read any of the previous Eddard Stark modded games on this site?

(SnowStorms's vote-and-run entrance is, partly depending on the answer to the above, a little suspicious, sure.)

Don't really see much merit in current votes against Starbuck (we can understand the frustration, just not suspicion). Don't see the merit in the Feysal votes either. In fact, some of the posts voting/choosing Feysal seem kind of contrived. (Well, "some of the posts" = "Salamence's post" really.)

We don't understand why people would choose themselves. Following some private discussion, we both now favour choosing somebody as essentially a second lynch. Can't see any real point in choosing people this early though.

Have an eye (or four) on Minimum (this is mostly/entirely CES posting at the moment, yes?) as well.

~ Zar
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 117, Staeg wrote:...I'm not liking stefan's posting at all, but it's only gut and I'm not sure if it's because of the language barrier or not
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 am

Post by Regfan »

Sigh. It submit instead of quote. I'm feeling the exact opposite way Staeg. I'm finding his 'getting into the game' to be super genuine, it all comes across really natural and while I don't necessarily agree with his content and reads I think he's town.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Never fear, your Queen of Love and Beauty is here!
My presence alone should motivate you all to perform best in this tourney at King's Landing as we struggle to keep the Lannister's in power.
Wait...what the fuck?

Also, am I really to be expected to vote someone to assassinate my
son
nephew? Even the sand snakes of Dorne have a better sense of honor and duty than to participate in something as ridiculous as this. I'm not a Greyjoy after all. Well, as long as it's a venture doomed to fail, I'll
Choose: Bowen Marsh

Dolorous Edd is very very likely to be town. His is far more likely to come from town him than scum him, especially with the follow up "What do you guys think?" I understand why some people have suspicions of him, but I haven't seen anything from him yet that raises any alarms, and between him and his hydra partner, I'm pretty confident in my ability to get an accurate read on them in time.

Starbuck looks rather town as well and the wagon on her is boring. Her beliefs on sending a townie to do the job sound very genuine and mirror my own understanding of the situation. I originally thought that it would be best to send someone who was pretty obvtown, likely to be killed night one or two and who had good instincts so as to shoot best. That way we would likely be down one scum, but then I realized that even if we choose scum to do the job, we'd still be down one scum so the #2 suspect debate makes sense in that regard. I'm still struggling to reconcile that in my head and therefore, her struggle to understand the situation and continue to argue her point of view reads town to me. I'm not sure I understand the VT claim this early, but I don't see how it would come from scum. She's played long enough to know that all is not lost in the rvs stage, so I can't see her just claiming vt to save her scum team from it.

I have a weak town read on Tyene. I don't necessarily disagree with her read on Feysal, but I do disagree with why. I, myself, wondered if this was multiball of some sort as I can't imagine a 28-person game with just one scum team. I imagine if there isn't a second scum team, there is a serial killer, so his stating his assumption without saying it's an assumption didn't strike me as off. In fact, when I read it I was glad someone else was thinking along the same lines as me. I don't read his not writing an essay explaining why he believes it to be multiball as a scum tell; in fact, I read it as a slight town tell. I don't think it's exactly fair to expect because someone is prone to writing walls that they will always write walls, and I would imagine scum-Feysal would be more cognizant of that and would write a wall explaining why it was multiball instead of overlooking it
because
it's a known part of his meta that he would be trying to match in order to avoid suspicion.

That said his choose vote on Tyene was awful in . It felt like he was looking for something to choose someone for rather than finding what someone said awkward. Tyene made a sound statement regarding town directed shots and I can't wrap my head around why Feysal felt the need to choose her for that or comment on it.

Leaning town on PlessieZar at the moment, but will hopefully get a better read when Pless starts to post. Zar's hard to read sometimes, especially day one.

I'm going to agree with Regfan on SnowStorm. His entrance was rather odd. I could imagine him feeling a little intimidated for his first game at MS, but he knows at least eight of us here quite well. He completely ignored the joke welcome vote PZ gave him and focused instead on a rather strange thing and voted Benmage. He does, however, have a tendency to garner a good amount of suspicion on day one and can get a bit intimidated, so we'll see.

My biggest scum read is on Minimum though. Think both Mina and CES were posting last night, with Mina being the one posting words and CES being the one just jumping votes.

Minimum
- Who made the first post in this game?

VOTE: Minimum
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:17 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 89, Pandora wrote:
In post 86, Dolorous Edd wrote:
Umm, obv you can't point out to something that makes someone look suspcious and then vote the people who pointed out the same thing and voted that person...

the people most likely to mention the dreaded M-Word first seem to be town not worried about tripping the wire

The words are right fucking there. You're misrepresenting what I said in the worst possible way. On the other hand, you're the one who went "OMG HE SAID MULTIBALL!" /o/

Umm, no. I'm not voting him because he said or even assumed it was multi-ball. I'm voting him because he said it like it was an obv thing that everyone knew. It fits with a scum who already knows there is another faction out there and carelessly said it as part of a discussion.

In post 89, Pandora wrote:Let me put it another way then that you should understand. Your original vote on Starbuck is typical RVS. Your pursuit of her is continuing over game theory (that you agreed with earlier, that we shouldn't try to pick scum to have the vig) and because you don't get something Starbuck appears to be hopeless confused about. Can you tell me what is scummy about what she's saying? I think you're just staying on the wagon that picked up and justifying your stay with questions that bring out more theory-related confusion instead of pulling out scum reads.

Just because someone is confused or acts confused doesn't mean they're not scum. Scum can get confused too.

Granted, though, I have lessened my scumread on Star. But my vote is going to camp there until I find a better spot to move it to.

In post 89, Pandora wrote:It's stereotypical. You also sound like you've forgiven him later, but I don't see you rushing to change your cozy position.

Again, what are you expecting me to have full on reads on every single person when it's this early in the game. Those are the things that caught my eye. And those are the things I feel warranted a vote.

In post 92, Pandora wrote:Why do you care what the person you're voting thinks about your points on her? Your vote is based on the same misunderstanding of theory, except you seem to think she's purposely pushing bad logic. Why aren't you going after Edd then,
since he proposed we give the vig to town?

Wtf? When did I "propose we give the vig to town"? You're pulling shit out of your ass and trying to misrep me over nothing. Re-read my posts, and tell me where I proposed that.

In post 93, Tyene Sand wrote:
What
is
suspect about this multiball thing (by all means, pappums--go read a few Feysal posts elsewhere) is the offhanded way Feysal addressed it, as anyone who has read or played with him will realize. Feysal has a tendency to wax prose over every single point that is not an established fact, and here there was an 'assumption' that he simply took and ran with without developing it. It feels awkward, out of place--as if it is already fact for him because he knows his scumteam is too small to be alone.

This.

In post 106, Eddard Stark wrote: Point out any mistakes that you see.

Umm,

@MOD: I should be the first CHOOSE on Feysal, not Shadow1psc.

Pedit: Ninjaed by some people.

Woopsy. Let's just quote this so it stays in my ISO.

~Gonna delete the post from your main
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”