Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Yes because obviously Benmage is the easiest person to attack here, well known for getting frivolously quicklynched on the first day. His posts are throwaway comments on mod flavoring and rp complaining. If you were to actually read him you would realize he only has two questions, which he concludes with 'I don't know'. He's still on his McStab first bvote. I think it's really passive, especially for someone who I've always seen pride himself for throwing himself into the game, taking charge and outright having to tell people he wasn't going to be super active in a game.

In conclusion you're wrong and if you'd like to keep arguing about it I'm really good at quotewallwars when I'm not scum.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 98, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 96, Baby Spice wrote:I'm thinking Vifam is scum.

I think you're useless. We've both made statements with no context now!

Actually, you're wrong.

You probably mean reasoning or justification or content, and you'd still be wrong.

To clarify somewhat.
Several of Vifam's posts appear to be fishing expeditions, but when someone tries some stunt fishing that might actually work to find scum, Vifam blows it big time.
Several of Vifam's posts are noise. The
content
is lacking. It is still early days yet though.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

As long as you understood what I meant and went out of your way to correct it. You're saying that it was scummy for him to ruin the gambit?
I've kind of gotten used to Vifam posting pages of noise so it doesn't phase me anymore.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Agrees with #99.

Thoughts on a Mass Name-Claim? Apart from being fun I actually think it has pro-town utility; there are certain town aligned characters that will be in the game, whilst scum will no doubt have been given fakeclaims it's almost a certainty that they'll be more minor characters (at least comparatively).

Just throwing it out there, also:

#77 / #78 are just wut? Frankly when people think a game is moving at a glacial pace the right post is one that generates chat, anything else rubs me the wrong way.

VOTE: Shadoweh
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:20 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Mass Name Claim is probably a bad idea just because Faraday likes flavor and people can guess possible roles if they know the flavor enough. Bbesides, the minute anyone starts throwing around claiming of any sort the candy trail towards actual claiming looks more tempting to people.

PS: 'the right post is one that generates chat' *vote the person talking the most* tumut
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

Post by Nostredeus »

*shrugs* Probably right on the roles being linked to names thing.

My point about #77/#78 is still true.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:12 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Two objections:

1) Outguessing what roles are likely fakeclaims doesn't end well.

2) Mass name claim isn't fun.
#greenshirtthursdays
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:18 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Yeah, yeah, yeah it's not a good idea I can see that, shadoweh has covered why; I only suggested it for the sake of names like "avon" or "stringer" who are fairly likely to be in the game and town aligned.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 103, Nostredeus wrote:whilst scum will no doubt have been given fakeclaims it's almost a certainty that they'll be more minor characters (at least comparatively).

Er. Have you played in a Farday-modded Theme game before? Because this is almost certainly
not
true. Faraday likes to give the scum nice major-character fakeclaims.

(Psst. Tammy. We're not voting yet. Discuss.)

~ Pless
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:42 am

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 108, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 103, Nostredeus wrote:whilst scum will no doubt have been given fakeclaims it's almost a certainty that they'll be more minor characters (at least comparatively).

Er. Have you played in a Farday-modded Theme game before? Because this is almost certainly
not
true. Faraday likes to give the scum nice major-character fakeclaims.

(Psst. Tammy. We're not voting yet. Discuss.)

~ Pless

Evidently no, I haven't.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 101, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 98, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 96, Baby Spice wrote:I'm thinking Vifam is scum.

I think you're useless. We've both made statements with no context now!

Actually, you're wrong.

You probably mean reasoning or justification or content, and you'd still be wrong.

To clarify somewhat.
Several of Vifam's posts appear to be fishing expeditions, but when someone tries some stunt fishing that might actually work to find scum, Vifam blows it big time.
Several of Vifam's posts are noise. The
content
is lacking. It is still early days yet though.

That's just how I roll I guess

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Nost

Don't like the vote on Shadoweh, seems like he's just throwing it out there to join the wagon
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 am

Post by Vifam »

Also nameclaiming is a bad idea and you should feel bad
ok
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 94, Cerulean wrote:
Unvote, vote: Shadoweh

How to Win At Mafia, Empire-style:

1) Read Shadoweh's #79 and #86
2) Realize that they are both full of shallow, fake scumhunting complete with a shitty attack on Benmage and a question to Arthur that reads like she's more interested in swaying his vote than actually interested in his thoughts.
3) Vote Shadoweh for mafia 2013
4) Townread Empire (optional, but recommended)

79 isn't scummy. 86 is a little I guess, but meh. Thoughts on our vote?

Mass claiming
anything
is not happening on day one.

~Sotty
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Vote:Ser Arthur Dayne

I agree with Benmage. The RP is not helping and is annoying.

Bubbles is a scum CI anyway.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Cerulean »

Only have time for a short, quick post at the moment since I have class all day today.

In post 100, Shadoweh wrote:Yes because obviously Benmage is the easiest person to attack here, well known for getting frivolously quicklynched on the first day. His posts are throwaway comments on mod flavoring and rp complaining. If you were to actually read him you would realize he only has two questions, which he concludes with 'I don't know'. He's still on his McStab first bvote. I think it's really passive, especially for someone who I've always seen pride himself for throwing himself into the game, taking charge and outright having to tell people he wasn't going to be super active in a game.

Ok when you lay out all of those reasons, I can see where you're coming from on that vote. My issue now is this: why didn't you mention all of that when you put down the vote and just voted him on the RP complaining? The way it came across to me at the time was like you were cherry picking just one aspect of his play and attacking him on that. Also, my impression of Benmage's meta is very different but I'd rather talk about this later.

In post 112, sottyrulez wrote:Thoughts on our vote?

It's a fine vote in the sense that it's understandable. Thing is, for us, Tammy and I just got out of a game with both heads of that hydra and, at least as far as I'm concerned, just recently starting to get a hang of their respective meta. Konowa (who has been making most of the posts in that hydra so far) has a tendency to be pretty passive and lurky as both alignments but the degree to which he engages in the game is different when he's town vs. when he's scum. I don't have much of a read on them right now but I feel like they'll become easier to read with time so ask me again in a few pages?

Tammy's been busy with work lately but she might be able to sneak in some posts while I'm gone so you'll hear from her soon.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 am

Post by TheGreatestAmericanHero »

unvote;
Vote: Nostredeus

103 and 105 are the weasliest ways to -not- Vifam.
TheGreatestAmericanHero
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
TheGreatestAmericanHero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 am

Post by TheGreatestAmericanHero »

Nost, why do you agree with 99 but make zero analysis of Shadoweh's 100 which addresses Cerulean's 99?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:23 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 24, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 23, jasonT1981 wrote:Sottyrulez eh? I take it Zach/Sotty hydra as opposed to just Sotty which is listed?

Go read the playerlist in the OP again.

He did:

In post 0, The Baltimore Sun wrote:
1) Cerulean (Tammy/Empire hydra)
2) Plessizarus (Plessiez/Zar hydra)
3) Benmage
4) sottyrulez

5) TheGreatestAmericanHero (Konowa/roflcopter hydra)
6) JasonT1981
7) camn
8) absta101
9) Ser Arthur Dayne
10) Safetydance
11) McStab
12) The Mini-Librarian
13) Shadoweh
14) Deasvail
15) Vifam
16) petapan
17) Nostredeus
18) ChannelDelibird
19) Baby Spice

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:29 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 117, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 24, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 23, jasonT1981 wrote:Sottyrulez eh? I take it Zach/Sotty hydra as opposed to just Sotty which is listed?

Go read the playerlist in the OP again.

He did:

If you read even only to page 2 in his direct response to us, you'll see that my response was not incorrect. Is there a purpose to bringing this up again? If there is I can't see one.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:46 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 1, Votecount 4

McStab (1) - Benmage
petapan (1) - absta101
Benmage (1) - Shadoweh
absta101 (2) - petapan, ChannelDelibird
TheGreatestAmericanHero (1) - sottyrulez
Shadoweh (5) - camn, McStab, Cerulean, The Mini-Librarian, Nostredeus

Ser Arthur Dayne (2) - jasonT1981, SafetyDance
JastonT1981 (2) - Ser Arthur Dayne, Baby Spice
Nostredeus (2) - Vifam, TheGreatestAmericanHero

Not voting (2):
Plessizarus, Deasvail

• With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 6th of February at 5:30pm GMAT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-02-06 13:30:28)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 100, Shadoweh wrote:outright having to tell people he wasn't going to be super active in a game.

Lost me on this one...What's it mean?

In post 100, Shadoweh wrote:Yes because obviously Benmage is the easiest person to attack here, well known for getting frivolously quicklynched on the first day.

Anyways, whether attacking me is easy or not, your gripe with me disliking RP is shit.

It was what page 4, what awesomeness am I suppose to have done by now?

-Don't like the BoP attack already, seen scum tunnel on good players (because no scum would do that) Shit I've tunneled on the best available player as scum before with quite success.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Benmage »

I'll echo the useless-ness in mass-name-claiming.

Moreover I wouldn't be surprised at all if either Avon or Stringer were scum safeclaims. Example would be Cersei as a previous safeclaim in one of his Song of Fire n Ice games.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Long post ahead...

In post 62, camn wrote:
In post 51, jasonT1981 wrote:Yea but there is not one white person in the Barksdale crew from memory. So anyone claiming a white guy would be not town.

Massclaim? Names only?

not a chance on day 1... theme game mass claims lead to trying to link roles to characters etc and give scum too much info in regards to who may be potentail power roles. No Mass claim, especially not on D1.

In post 66, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:Jason, why is 22 more likely to come from scum? Thoughts on peta's 37 then?
We won't be signing posts, as we feel that our posting styles are easily distinguishable. rofl doesn't capatilize anything.

Soft defending if nothing else, useless post to get information from without a flip anyway.

In post 68, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Vote: jason

This is good shit right here. Mofo gets real tight and scared and shit, tellin' ya he's hiding wires.

not sure if OMGUS or over paranoid. Either way still over compensating to look like he has a town role PM.

In post 71, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 42, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 27, ChannelDelibird wrote:Jason - serious vote on Arthur?

Serious as anything we have had so far.

Nah nah nah look at this right here, then:

In post 59, jasonT1981 wrote:And all you heard was me rambling lol.. you will get used to it. But in short it only caught my eye the 2nd time around.
You take extra caution to make your jokes, or you hiding some wires?

your OMGUS is lol. I was asked a question, I responded... maybe you should look at the question that was asked to me that prompted this response. looksies, I will be nice and quote it for you.

In post 58, The Mini-Librarian wrote:Gah.

I mean why didn't you mention it in post 23.

My bad.

See the bigger picture now? I was not taking extra caution to make jokes, I was responding directly to a question.. Thanks for playing, however no prize you for.

In post 72, Benmage wrote:@SAD, RP'rs are annoying. Please stop.

Fully agree

In post 74, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 72, Benmage wrote:@CBD I think I get what you're suggesting, or trying to explain...from my experience scum can tend to overthink how to "properly" interject themselves into a game. I often find over-the-top 'cutesy' attitudes to come from scum. Is this the case here.... I don't know.

Yeah, this is my point, and what I'm not saying is "this is proof that absta is scum". I'm saying "this reason why absta could be scum is a better reason to vote him than it is to leave a random vote on somebody else".

Yea, scum over compensate to try and fit into the game to make themselves look town. I have a feeling this is what SAD is doing.

In post 77, Vifam wrote:Wait, are we out of RVS

In post 78, Vifam wrote:This game goes at a glacier pace for me

Any reason why you make two completly redundant statements as oppossed to actually commenting on the game?

In post 82, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 72, Benmage wrote:@SAD, RP'rs are annoying. Please stop.

What? Yo you talk like that around here you end up with a bullet between your eyes. People be thinking you some type of undercover cop or some shit. Yo you got a problem with me b you can say so, otherwise I'm just trying to catch 'em people who be coming around and poking their noses in shit they ain't suppose to. You focusing on small things like this is raising alarms for me. I ain't implying anything yet, but I'm just bein' real with you.

Yea, cut it out now please and actually focus on the game as oppossed to trying to hard to make you look like town with cutsie baltimore street lingo..
In post 83, DeasVail wrote:
Unvote

More later.

Maybe.

no maybe about it.....

In post 87, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 18, jasonT1981 wrote:VOTE: Baby Spice

pfft please, Sporty Spice was the hottest.

Vote Jason

I think I'm legally obliged to defend the honour of the cutest of the Spice Girls.

cute, but not the hottest.

In post 90, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 89, Benmage wrote:My point against the RP, is I don't want to have to attempt to decipher what someone is saying. Moreover I don't want scum hiding behind some rp nonsense and backtracks or makes up meaning of intent.

Tell me somethin' you ain't clear on and I'll enlighten ya. Though you throwing bullshit my want won't hold up in court, y'hear? Don't be throwing around nonsense 'less you wanna get shot down here.

Any chance you can cut this out and you know, play the game?.... Also, the shot bit??? don't scum in mafia games mostly do the shooting?

In post 91, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also, it's quite amusing to see someone attack me right on my first post, real Mr-Look-I'm-Town-Here, y'know?

does not matter if it is your first post or 100th post... if its scummy you are going to get called on it

In post 95, The Mini-Librarian wrote:Heh, I was just about to say 79 is scum.

VOTE: Shadoweh

--

Also don't like Great american Hero.

I had to do a double take and re-read 79 could you explain how it is scum, please?
Edit by read - I see 99 explains it not sure if I fully buy it.

In post 113, SafetyDance wrote:

Bubbles is a scum CI anyway.

Are you voting him because you think he is scum or beause his RPing is annoying you?

Not going to quote but Safety, what is the point of 117 ?

edit by way of reading further - I see Sotty/Zach already asked would love an answer too.

Right now I see 3 possible scum in SAD which you already know as to why. SafetyDance due to his wagon jump on SAD (possible bussing maybe) with a weak as hell reason and Vifam who seems to be posting a lot. but 99% are one liners fluff with little to 0 input on current events in game.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 113, SafetyDance wrote:

Aight, yo listen, y'hear? Shit don't make no difference! I ain't speaking another language, ya acting like I'm speaking some fucking Chinese or some shit. Yo this messed up man. Ya sittin' there with your little rich-man persona callin' out people on shit that make no difference! Ya'll acting like you so high and mighty yet you is focusing on little shit, instead of actually, y'know, looking for 'em men we suppose to be huntin'?

In post 113, SafetyDance wrote:Bubbles is a scum CI anyway.
Aight, except I had this av before this little mess started :?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Jason wrote:does not matter if it is your first post or 100th post... if its scummy you are going to get called on it

I guess ya got no problem with explanin' why it's scummy, then?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”