Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

One solitary kill is good for the hypothetical situation where one person is so town they're clearly going to win the final vote!

The setup was always going to be about challenging the scum to be hyper hyper town, though.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I see some of my setup spec was right (...in theory?) then ( *:
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I was so mad watching you guys not lynch BPCslot after he got me killed and I was somewhat on the mark about DGB and him :P
GG errbody.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Thanks for getting me a free win after I died for silly reasons. <3
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The tribe swap was awful for us across the board.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Happy bday cheetory
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

thanks ^.^ what a great present!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh, Cephrir, before I forget:

I agree that my role really wasn't that great for the game. There was no reason to ever work with scum unless they had such a phenomenal game that it was virtually impossible for town to make it to the final tribal council. Even then, just based on the wording that scum doesn't necessarily win with a majority, I'd have to find some way to whittle down their numbers to one before that stage in order to make sure I can make it to the final TC; that's the only way I can win at that point.

It just wasn't very strategy-intensive, especially since there's no downside to looking town.

Although now that I think about it, I'm not really sure why I didn't just keep going through with my plan to just buddy the everliving fuck out of piratecat and try to force a final tribal with both of us.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2596, Save The Dragons wrote:I think the question we all want answered is how Titus developed a DGB townread from the password thread.

It was exactly as I said.

DGB scum had every reason to throw the challenge to get me lynched. When she didn't I thought she was town.

Also, dollars to donuts, notscience voted me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2594, Cephrir wrote:Oh, also, most of the setup spec was wrong.

Initial tribes had to have at least one mafia in them, and were otherwise random;
Swapped tribes were random.
Roles were, as stated, independent of alignment; the scum just happened to roll kind of scummy abilities.

With the exception of the swapped tribes being completely randomized, most of my setup spec was on the mark. But then again, I
was
still right about all the tribes having scum in it. :wink:

I'm glad Notty was the last scum because I didn't have any other scumreads. And the reason I ignored PK's request for reasoning on having them so low on my reads list this past day phase was because I didn't have any reason other than to throw out a reads list. Kudos to Notty because he snowed some of us for quite a while.

I think Ank being an actual Survivor was pretty cool, as well as some of the other roles.

I'd also like to apologize to those I may have offended this game. It was an extremely stressful experience for me working with limited information and I feel I may be a little too antagonistic than I need to be when I play. :(

Thanks for the game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2600, Cephrir wrote:One solitary kill is good for the hypothetical situation where one person is so town they're clearly going to win the final vote!

I agree a forced med-evac should have been a thing for the scum-team. But the scumteam had an immunity thief who could turn the votes at Tribal Council and what seems to be something that would outright win if it ever made it to the end (not sure, but that's what it seems to be). I did think there were probably 5 scum in this game, but I think 6 would have been fine as well.

The Survivor was pretty much just an extra townie that couldn't afford to be lynched, and in the grand scheme of things for this game, functions and reads like a regular townie. I also think Ank played really well this game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You have no idea how close I got to outright claiming a couple times this game.

Day 3 and 5 were really scary at times.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

After Wash's townflip, I just had a really strong feeling you weren't scum. I wavered a few times, but I don't think you would have needed to claim, and even if you did, it would just have done you more harm than good. I noticed the players on this site don't like third-party claims and would rather just lynch them.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Hey this thing finally finished.

Scum were goners since I couldn't redeem my slot enough to even get to the idol challenge. We were lucky that the swap even still had three happening in it.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Also thank you for being the first people to lynch me as scum, even if I'm making excuses to not have it count against my previously perfect record.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

This isn't much of a record breaker, though. You kind of replaced into a slot that was pretty much set in stone to be lynched that day.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:44 am

Post by pirate mollie »

ty for the game cephrir! <3

sorry titus! I think I get frustrated with you cos I cos I see you sitting on all of this awsum potential. as good as you think you are now it is nothing compared to how I think you cld be. its just a matter of seeing where are misstepping.

and sorry to sexy beast and brian cos I am was pretty paranoid about you 2!

boo <3

and ty to all the other players! and I never pegged ank as indie that sort of blows my mind and I will have to think on it.
whew!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Yeah game is over!
I said BPC/regan/twie was scum but the swap did hurt.
Anka your play was so scattered your role explains why now.
Sorry for being paranoid of you std and brain.
I got really frustrated wanting to lynch twie that day and everyone fighting me because my read changed.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:36 am

Post by Bookitty »

I would like to see the scum and jury topics and the poems, please, Cephrir. :)

Lots of love for Mollie, Farside, Ceph and STD :) Seriously, I liked playing with everyone that I got the chance to in this game. <3 <3 <3

I'm really sorry I didn't believe you, Titus. I personally have seen the value of your VCA in another game and I'm never going to dismiss it again.

@Brian: I thought you were cool as a cucumber all through this game. I kept going back and forth on you because you seemed so unflappable, but I'm so glad I didn't ever push for your lynch.

Thank you, Ceph, for running this. Despite my complete misunderstanding of the game at the first, it all ended well. <3
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Titus »

@Bookitty, It's ok. This game had some flawed mechanics that really weakened VCA. It helped narrow diwn a pool but after that, things got eonky with the wifom, I had a nagging suspicion that scum voted NS (hence why NS not conftown) but I never would have voted him due to the mistaken belief the trives were even. My VCA is only as good as the info going in.

@Piratecat, Thanks I think. I also need you to meet me half way. When you "forget" things you should know (you the Harry Potter game and Mala with Knight Errant) I am going to think you are scummy. I hope you also realized that this version was me fighting like hell to have you even discuss my scumreads. The "guilty" on Brian was never meant to be taken seriously but as an indicatior of me feeling ignored despite me telling you that directly. If you do ignore me and Iam pulling a stunt, there is a reason. I do view mafia as a game of information, so that's how you should read my actions and intent.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Titus »

VCA is a lot different because there are no middle wagons.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by notscience »

Ultimately I planned to have people vote me for the very reason you townread me, titus.

I'm kinda mad I pettered out but I know I have my reasons so idrc.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

ohai
Sorry for lurking/flaking y'all.
To be clear: quack
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2621, notscience wrote:Ultimately I planned to have people vote me for the very reason you townread me, titus.

I'm kinda mad I pettered out but I know I have my reasons so idrc.

Which is why you were not confirmed town. There was no ability to have middle wagons to show accountability at all. You could have been a random vote.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:47 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

This game felt pretty townsided, and i think replacing into a slot with a bunch of suspicious baggage didnt help.

Plus with the jury mechanic, if you arent the most town person in the game the entire time, theres no way for scum to win. So like, we knew we lost like 3-4 days before we actually lost, and just had to sit around and wait for town to realize it.

But I really did replace in to play minigames so w/e.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”