lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Awww Kats actually thought I was a demon...
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by grapes »

Really enjoyable game actually sorry for being mean to whoever I happened to be mean to. It was mostly due to frustration of having a hard time putting the pieces together. (Although I was starting to towards the end) And having too much scum cred to not have my reads listened to at all.

Scumteam played really well. Definitely deserved that win IMO.

I kept thinking that lufan should probably unvote but I never mentioned it for some reason. Sigh..
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by Tere »

Well done scum team, well played.

My only regret is not derpvoting lufan day 1 - then I wouldn't have had to deal with the bullshit and whining and moonlogic on the Heaven board.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 2125, lalaladucks wrote:Hey guys
We're looking a bit screwed here and I hate LyLo, but can we try to do it right please.

I think CHO IS SCUM
CHO CHO CHOSCUM

I had thought Cho was town because of interaction with RC but I think now that was all a show, and they organised it. Which worked very well anyway.

So demons, the RC~Cho thing was actually what I thought it was?
It was all elaborately orchestrated?
Deep sigh.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Post by Tere »

Also thank you FakeGod for an interesting premise.
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 2573, Tere wrote:I have redacted strongly what I want to say to you. Your insta blame the loss on me was shitty. Regardless of whether you quit mafia or not please never interact with me on this site again. I will add your alts to my wiki page as an aide memoire to avoid you.

Yeah i dont want to see you again either, so that's cool with me.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Post by Tere »

In post 2580, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 2573, Tere wrote:I have redacted strongly what I want to say to you. Your insta blame the loss on me was shitty. Regardless of whether you quit mafia or not please never interact with me on this site again. I will add your alts to my wiki page as an aide memoire to avoid you.

Yeah i dont want to see you again either, so that's cool with me.

Excellent. Please also make sure you don't replace into games I am playing in. I will do the same for you. If a hydra partner replaces into a game you are in by accident or signs up for a game you are playing in, I will not post in that hydra and do my best to resolve it. If you could do the same for me that would be appreciated.
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by lufan131 »

Woah. That was easy...
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

lufan why'd you keep the vote on Elbirn?
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:04 am

Post by lufan131 »

I thought he was scum. I should've pushed ABR today instead!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:Sakura: If I played a game like this and found out later that the scumteam specifically was trying to shut me down from the beginning, I'd consider that big compliment. I've been a high priority target for scum in multiple games in the past, but never once have I been specifically targetted by any anti-town team at the beginning of the game. It says a lot when you reach that level.

Sure, many ppl have told me that im a good scumhunter, it doesnt really help when i can portray my reads tho, also ftr i didn't lose that much confidence from ABR's strategy, I was mostly down with Tere's constant yelling in heaven... the words from conf town hurt more than words from someone im scumreading to begin with.
In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:And to be fair @Corpse Party, Wisdom was being heavily manipulated that game. He is a strong player, but he is a debilitating weakness to town when he's wrong. It was true that we killed you two the night we did because it would force the game into an apathetic state, but the other primary reason was because your slot was suddenly a massive wildcard; I had no idea what your read on my partner was and I was really paranoid that you'd look a lot closer at me once you realized that you were wrong on Thorki and realize I wasn't town, then have Wisdom push me into the ground.

Eh... i probs just sux at playing in team with someone else, 3 hydra games where my hydra partner flaked, then an hydra game where my partner was townreading my correct scumread, and now this just add up to a lot of "i'm not going to give a F anymore about what other people think" for the rest of my life.
In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:You really are a strong player, but your issue from what I can tell is that you're too passive; you let yourself fall behind other people in situations where it's better for you to try to force your opinions through.

That was passive? i thought i was being aggresive there.
In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:You should analyze that one scumgame you played offsite; the one where you replaced into a slot that was about to be lynched and turned it around into a perfect scum win. You brute forced your way to the top of the food chain and look at how it worked out.

Idk how to analyze my own games, but remember that game had Setsuen, and a bunch of lynchbait that i happily helped him mislynch with his big ego and everything.

All in all i don't see it, all I see is, it's pointless for me to even try and explain anything, because 1) I sux at explaining stuff and 2) Even if i somehow manage to explain it, people ignore it anyway.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2585, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:Sakura: If I played a game like this and found out later that the scumteam specifically was trying to shut me down from the beginning, I'd consider that big compliment. I've been a high priority target for scum in multiple games in the past, but never once have I been specifically targetted by any anti-town team at the beginning of the game. It says a lot when you reach that level.

Sure, many ppl have told me that im a good scumhunter, it doesnt really help when i can portray my reads tho, also ftr i didn't lose that much confidence from ABR's strategy, I was mostly down with Tere's constant yelling in heaven... the words from conf town hurt more than words from someone im scumreading to begin with.

Mafia's a psychological game. If you're not being listened to, try to specifically reach out to your townreads until they at minimum respond to it. As long as you're really trying to work with people and play around that, there will always be someone that is willing to work with you back or at least engage with you.

In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:And to be fair @Corpse Party, Wisdom was being heavily manipulated that game. He is a strong player, but he is a debilitating weakness to town when he's wrong. It was true that we killed you two the night we did because it would force the game into an apathetic state, but the other primary reason was because your slot was suddenly a massive wildcard; I had no idea what your read on my partner was and I was really paranoid that you'd look a lot closer at me once you realized that you were wrong on Thorki and realize I wasn't town, then have Wisdom push me into the ground.

Eh... i probs just sux at playing in team with someone else, 3 hydra games where my hydra partner flaked, then an hydra game where my partner was townreading my correct scumread, and now this just add up to a lot of "i'm not going to give a F anymore about what other people think" for the rest of my life.

Hydra partners flaking isn't really indicative of whether someone's a team player or not by itself. Wisdom, as already noted before, is hard to work with and it sounds more like a playstyle clash than anything else. The Tere situation sounds more like a debilitating personality clash than anything in-game related.

You were working just fine with muffin from what I saw in the heaven PT, so I think you're confbiasing on the negative stuff.

In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:You really are a strong player, but your issue from what I can tell is that you're too passive; you let yourself fall behind other people in situations where it's better for you to try to force your opinions through.

That was passive? i thought i was being aggresive there.

I've seen enough in the thread to believe I'm correct here. You stopped yourself from shooting scum twice only because other conftown were strongly townreading them and at one point you resigned yourself to just sheeping muffin's reads. I haven't seen much beyond the first half or so of the heaven PT, but that by itself is pretty telling. You've now let yourself be talked out of your correct reads in two different games in recent memory. You're letting yourself be overruled instead of at least trying to figure out why both sides are thinking the way they are.

In post 2559, Ankamius wrote:You should analyze that one scumgame you played offsite; the one where you replaced into a slot that was about to be lynched and turned it around into a perfect scum win. You brute forced your way to the top of the food chain and look at how it worked out.

Idk how to analyze my own games, but remember that game had Setsuen, and a bunch of lynchbait that i happily helped him mislynch with his big ego and everything.

That's the entire point. It doesn't really matter how you ended up doing it, but you found out how to manipulate the game and got a perfect scum win out of it.

In post 2585, Sakura Hana wrote:All in all i don't see it, all I see is, it's pointless for me to even try and explain anything, because 1) I sux at explaining stuff and 2) Even if i somehow manage to explain it, people ignore it anyway.

This is the entire problem with your playstyle. This mindset is self-defeating and you're never going to get yourself heard if you think of it this way. Get into the mindset of trying to find and work with town. You'd be surprised how easy it is to find town to work with if you know how to look for them.
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Cho »

In post 2563, Katsuki wrote:gg wp scumteam though.

I hate you Cho.

Was this your first time seeing my scumgame? I kind of wish I had gone for a bigger play wrt in that case.

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Cho »

wrt your slot*

Arden

Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Cho »

Also, thank you for trying to get the pronouns right. I usually try not to care too much, but it's definitely appreciated since there are multiple reasons I still use these alts.

Arden

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 2578, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 2125, lalaladucks wrote:Hey guys
We're looking a bit screwed here and I hate LyLo, but can we try to do it right please.

I think CHO IS SCUM
CHO CHO CHOSCUM

I had thought Cho was town because of interaction with RC but I think now that was all a show, and they organised it. Which worked very well anyway.

So demons, the RC~Cho thing was actually what I thought it was?
It was all elaborately orchestrated?
Deep sigh.

Cho started it! I just went with the flow. In all honesty I did not tell any of them to do anything to me on D3. Frankly, I did not expect them all to bus me, but I had no issue with it because I thought that it was a sound strategy.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Our PT went like this:

Cho: RC just made a huge slip! I wonder if anyone's going to catch it!
RC: Sorry guys I slipped

*Everyone else shakes their head and begin to bus RC*

Love ya mate! You were the only one that kept it positive from start to finish despite your initial lack of motivation for this game :P
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, man. It was lots of fun. :3
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

I did that thing where I forgot to say GG. So, GG. You're all pretty much awesome and I hope to play with you again in the future <3
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh and also, FakeGod you're pretty much the most professional mod I've seen and this set up rocked the Kazbah. Hope to play in more of your games in the future.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 8:14 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 2594, Elbirn wrote:Hope to play in more of your games in the future.

Well he does have one in signups.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

Yeah but I'm kinda forced into a hiatus at the moment because life ;_;
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 12:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I <3 u all.
Still think me and abr butted heads this game too much. But on the bright side had I been lynched no one would have thought we were scum together.
Gg everyone.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Oh. The flavor of this game was from a literature text by John Milton.

Oh
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”