Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Fro99er »

And fair analysis otherwise in regards to Mastin and my play.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hmm, you're right. At first he was incredulous, because it wasn't even in the show, but for some reason he didn't think it was a fake claim(even though he DID think rose quartz was a fake claim, and she has more screentime in the show than the light prism does...). SO yeah, I think I thought he disliked both claims, and he did at one point, but somehow decided that because it was outside the scope of his knowledge, it meant it was a legit claim(which it was, just not a town one).
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Fro99er, did the posts you linked me to actually show that sonics case on you was trash? Like I said before, I didn't actually read them, but the fact that you gave me ammunition to use if I found out there was any truth to what he was saying was a point in your favor.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Drixx »

Not fair. That hit in the feels.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 5052, Cerberus v666 wrote:Fro99er, did the posts you linked me to actually show that sonics case on you was trash? Like I said before, I didn't actually read them, but the fact that you gave me ammunition to use if I found out there was any truth to what he was saying was a point in your favor.

Yes, I actually was being truthful about that.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 5055, Fro99er wrote:
In post 5052, Cerberus v666 wrote:Fro99er, did the posts you linked me to actually show that sonics case on you was trash? Like I said before, I didn't actually read them, but the fact that you gave me ammunition to use if I found out there was any truth to what he was saying was a point in your favor.

Yes, I actually was being truthful about that.

I figured if I was going to bus my buddy, I better be as truthful and make a solid case as I can.
Heil King Froggo.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

K. Just wondering if not actually reading it hurt me or not. :p
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1101, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1091, NicCage wrote:I dunno which one you mean, I'm guessing RR, but I'll do both.

I felt like Sonic's criticism of Beer's attack on them was legitimate, and that was that they were basically just saying "this post is bad" with a lot more words. I felt like that style, whatever they called it, deep analysis or something, was basically just an excuse to seem like they were doing something. I believe vezok, and I think that pawtucket's failure to express any reads in his neighborhood is extremely suspicious, since that's a pretty low pressure environment.

For RR I am suspicious, but I can't really tell what's going on there. I mean your 899 hit the nail on the head, how likely is it that both heads have the exact same playstyle for this game? It's super weird. And trench is on their side, which bothers me. I'm open to voting them I guess, but I'm just so shaky on that read. They could be legit. I feel like I ought to see more.

p-edit: directed at grapes

This is interesting. I had actually missed the part in 899 talking about the similarity in style between Drixx and myself, and the reference to ego, so I'll take a moment to address it now since you drew my attention to it(thank you).

I am terrible at Day 1. Everything that everyone jumps at and tries to lynch people over reads like nonsense to me, and it all feels incredibly arbitrary.
HOWEVER(and here is where the ego comes in) I KNOW that, if placed in a room with a random assortment of people, it is highly unlikely that they'll be better at a given intellectual pursuit than I am. What does this lead me to conclude? That if I think I'm fucking terrible at Day 1, most other people must be EVEN WORSE and just too blinded by their hubris to realize it. So, grapes was half right. There's ego involved, but it's not ego in thinking I'm actually good at this game. It's ego in thinking that if I'm this bad, how can the rest of you possibly be significantly better?

The above is the foundation of both my dislike for day 1, and my general lack of scum reads on said day. It's not that I/we don't have scum reads and leans we've discussed and the reasons behind them, it's that(in my case at least) I don't view the evidence as strong enough to present a case, regardless of how strongly I might feel someone is probably scum.

I hesitate to speak for Drixx, but I'm fairly certain he feels much the same way I do about the arbitrary nature of D1 reads and lynches. He's also better at this than I am, generally(he does focus a bit much on the wrong things sometimes). And we also both started out playing on the same site, with the same meta, so it shouldn't be entirely surprising if there are similarities in the way we approach the game. Beyond that, I can't really speak for him.

Sorry, that post should have happened 100 posts ago.

In regards to us "lurking out the game," I find it's far more interesting to see how the conversations about us flow when we're not actively involved in them. Plus, work and switching to the hydra is irritating. In any case, I'm putting this here: VOTE: Beer

I like this a lot more than the lynch the lynchbait plan(does anyone really believe fuzzy is THAT bad at being scum? like seriously? the level of scumminess in his posts is astronomical), or lynch the inactive who has been replaced by someone who actually seems engaged in the game.

For the record, I don't think Drixx will approve. He seems to be of the opinion that, because Vezok just gave up on that lynch, it was either a scum play that failed(which I think is unlikely, given that it's a low reward play with high risk, and given his double voting which seems unlikely to be(though possibly is) scum), OR it was a mutual play they came up with in their PT to reaction test the town, in which case it isn't alignment indicative at all.

I think the fact that this wagon disappeared basically as soon as the first distraction appeared is good cause to think it was on scum. I keep planning on looking at those vote counts, and seeing who left the wagon when and what they said was their reason for leaving it, but I keep pushing it off. I'll try to get around to it before we get super close to deadline. But remember, I'm terrible at this, so seriously, I could be wrong.

-Cerb

P.S. Let's see how long it takes for someone to point out how opportunistic this vote is, jumping on the wagon that's gaining momentum, and how it must be a counterwagon to scum somewhere in the current candidates, and how "omg it's so obvious he's just trying to distance himself from a lynch he KNOWS will flip town by talking about how he's bad". Whoever decides to take the plunge into making those arguments, you have fun with that.

P.P.S. Trench supporting us is a little worrisome as well(and you guys didn't confirm the plan with the allying thing, I'd like to make sure we're all clear on the procedure so we don't all end up without an alliance or something stupid like that). There's really two options there: Either they're scum, and know they failed miserably at getting Drixx at least lynched recently as town when they were fabulously wrong about his alignment and very confrontational, and thus think buddying up to us will be more effective, or they're town and have come to the realization that our mutual issues with getting a handle on each other/the ease with which we misunderstand each other are problems we should be very aware of, and try to avoid, and are thus doing so by deliberately being non confrontational. At least, that's how I see it. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Maybe it's as simple as "Titus would prefer to ally with known quantities who approach the game in a similar fashion, and will thus be more likely to spend the day in a useful conversation, than arguing about methodology."

One more thing, everyone. I made this post, the bolded portion at least, to basically give everyone a reason to dislike me in this game, to want to vote me, and to discourage scum from shooting at us by making ourselves appear to be an easy mislynch, so we could save our protections. I just wanted to apologize for the absolute douche that this post makes me appear to be, and assure everybody that even though I am pretty arrogant, I'm not nearly at the level this post makes me appear to be. :)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

As a reminder, if anyone else would like their PT to remain private, please let me know. Otherwise, I will be making all of the Alliance/Fusion PTs public in (expired on 2015-09-28 21:50:00)

This will include the scum PT, as I believe that most/all of the necessary edits have been made.
If you would like me to make any edits to your alliance/factional PTs before they are posted, now is the time to let me know.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 4980, Drixx wrote:
In post 4979, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 4970, Titus wrote:
In post 4958, Klingoncelt wrote:I hate having a janitor in a game...

That said, gg, everyone!

Thanks for modding this one, Varsoon, as brief as my time here was, I had fun. :D

I need to draw scum in a game with you where you actually have to hunt me.

I'll be a Vanilla Townie, I'll have you totally figured out, so Town will lynch me Day 1. :(

Isn't that how it goes? Remember that game where you thought I was a bomb and you and your teammate did competing miller claims and I called out your whole team and told the game exactly what was going on, and then I got lynched? What's worse is I got lynched for hammering the day before (without realizing I was hammering) because your scum partner who did the dueling miller claims thing claimed a cop guilty on our cop, whom your team had rolecopped.

And I called out the whole situation to the game. I was like "they rolecopped Shinobi, did a fake claim to get him lynched, and now they're doing counterclaims to try and clear one of themselves". I had it spot on all the way and nobody believed me. I think you guys turned those gambits into a win if I recall correctly.

Just didn't want anyone thinking you're only ever on the bad side of those situations ;p

Oh, I know. Everyone gets in that spot every so often.

It's infuriating.

I felt kind of bad for you in that game, you totally had us and we could see your frustration. :(
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Drixx, I didn't suspect the dual claims, but I was aware that Varsoon was capable of that. My logic is only as failed as my premises. I recognize you were right that game and you were pretty good here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Drixx: That scumpartner who thought up the whole silly gambit was meeeeee
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:10 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Hey everyone! I regret that I couldn't weigh in here earlier.

My apologies to my darling scumteam! My early game play was better than my later game thanks to RL commitments, and I regret not being around when I should have! That said, I had a great time, and I would play with all of you again. More thoughts later when I'm not at my lecture.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Maxwell! Looking forward to seeing your thoughts, hopefully you were following the game til the end.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 5062, Varsoon wrote:@Drixx: That scumpartner who thought up the whole silly gambit was meeeeee

I had already stroked your ego enough ... didn't want to overdo it ;p
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

Mwahahahahah
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:41 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I was indeed, though I admit not as closely as I would have in a game I was still alive in.

Since you said hi, RR, I'll start with you. I think your catching of Titus was pretty fantastic, though she also made a valiant effort to turn that around. I do think it was a slip, there were a few different things the light prism would do, but Titus included that particular one without any indication of wondering. Maybe it wasn't a slip in that Titus assumed it could have been reasoned out, making it not a mistake but a miscalculation. I'm not sure there. I DO think I probably would not have noticed it if I were playing as town.. Because I didn't notice it until it was pointed out in our scum PT.

As a whole I think his play was very good as well, particularly how they did not just dismiss fuzzy.

The biggest mistake was definitely RR's assumption about the setup: you can see me saying that in the dead thread, in our private chat with RR and Titus, and I think in the scum PT as well. Of course xtoxm's late-play contributed to our win, but so did his status as Centipeedle. RR didn't consider that early knowledge of who Steven was did not mean that Steven would be killed before being able to clear himself... I think Titus also already covered this in post-game. RR was left alive to take advantage of xtoxm's position, basically, and I believed (during the game, in the dead thread it was actually confirmed) Varsoon thought that could happen. Which is why the setup is as it is.

Let's see... Late-game was tense. Everyone did what they thought was best, and who could ask for anything else? I've made the mistake of seeing emotional plays from town as scum.. Fortunately or perhaps unfortunately due to how things played out, I was completely kicked out of that thanks to my first newbie game. I'm sure Fro99er knows what I'm talking about. In the case of this game, I'm referring to grapes' fuzzy vote and the subsequent wagon on them.

Now to dinner!
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

Edited it into the game-end post, but here it is for everyone;
THE PTS!

GAME THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62366
SCUMTEAM CHAT THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62358
DEAD/SPECTATOR THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62361

GARNET (RUBY/SAPPHIRE) MASON THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62359
SADIE/LARS EPISODE 1 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62357

RICASTLE/NICCAGE EPISODE 2 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62693
FLUMINATOR/GRAPES EPISODE 2 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62690
MAXWELLPUCKETT/SKYBIRD EPISODE 2 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62691
VEZOKPIRAKA/FARSIDE22 EPISODE 2 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62694
COOLDOG/FRO99ER EPISODE 2 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62695
'RAVE' EPISODE 2 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62696

TRENCH WARFARE/RICASTLE EPISODE 3 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62871
'RAVE' EPISODE 3 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62872
SONIC X/MASTIN EPISODE 3 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62873
GRAPES/NICCAGE EPISODE 3 FUSION THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62874
FRO99ER/REASONABLY RATIONAL EPISODE 3 FUSION THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62875
VEZOKPIRAKA/FARSIDE22 EPISODE 3 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62694
'BEACH BUDDIES' NEIGHBORHOOD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62876

NICCAGE/VEZOKPIRAKA/FARSIDE22 SEASON FINALE ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62947
MASTIN2/SONIC X/GRAPES SEASON FINALE ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62951
TRENCH WARFARE/MAXWELLPUCKETT/REASONABLY RATIONAL SEASON FINALE ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62952

GRAPES/MASTIN2 EPISODE 5 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63077
SONIC X/THEFUZZYLOGIC99 EPISODE 5 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63078
FARSIDE22/REASONABLY RATIONAL EPISODE 5 FUSION THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63079

XTOXM/GRAPES EPISODE 6 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63180
THEFUZZYLOGIC99/REASONABLY RATIONAL EPISODE 6 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63184

XTOXM/MASTIN2 EPISODE 7 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63286
GRAPES/NICCAGE EPISODE 7 FUSION THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62874

REASONABLY RATIONAL/MASTIN2 EPISODE 8 ALLIANCE THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63460

REASONABLY RATIONAL HYDRA CHAT
: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62375
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As a note, if you guys are really dying for another Varsoon-run game, there's a mini-theme that I /in'd to run awhile back called Suikoden U-Pick.
You'll be able to pick and play as any character from the Suikoden games. There's... a ton of them.
It should be a good time. That game is likely to go into sign ups pretty soon, as it's near the top of the Mini Theme Queue.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh lol fuck me I forgot about that

I'm still down, but that's gonna be my last game for a while cuz I need a break from mafia, and also if I don't die in one of my ongoings being useful is gonna be difficult

But I'm in anyway because ~Varsoon modded gamessss~
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nyuk nyuk nyuk
Pre-ins for it are full, and you're on the list, Elbirn.
<3
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

omg Suikoden is fucking awesome! Also, I just finished reading the scum PT. Thank you guys for the work you put in to make it something you were okay with sharing.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

<3
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, that scum PT is a thing of beauty. I hope all my scum-teams in the future are as involved.

@Cerb: Yay~ At least someone on-site knows the flavor.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”