Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 3449, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Also begging to be PR is not equal to being town. The only ability I could use on you is the vender but I choose Mastin for reasons. I need to ally to use my otner ability. If you want we can talk about allying tonight. no promises but I am willing to discuss.

If you live, you're allying with someone who is conftown who needs a refilled ability. Period.
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

RR will tell you specifically.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Kinda feeling a little better about TW though rc can be scum just like venders might be scum. I never expected to be town read bc of my vender claim. I am claiming town based on my flavor claim. If you think I am faking than fine vote for me..
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:09 pm

TW
dont you think Vezo or Nic are more solid town reads than Sonic. I am unsure how to read Sonic.
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 3453, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:TW
dont you think Vezo or Nic are more solid town reads than Sonic. I am unsure how to read Sonic.

NicCage was tied with Sonic until he pushed that flavor claim bullshit in the face of scum having race tied roles.
See Frogger's flip

Why is Vezok a certain townread? He's a double voter? Ok, so what?

Sonic is obvtown. Lead the charge on Frogger before Mastina and did so in the face of me calling my chips in that he was wrong (even though I was). That reads textbook town to me. I don't see myself EVER voting Sonic.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:19 pm

I thought Nic pushed the Frog lynch...okay I need to go back and read that day again. I might be mistaken. I open to the idea that I got confused.
I would of still vend Mastin for the reason I gave and I could do anything else with Sonic unless he was allied with me. My 1 shot is a ally move.
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 3455, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I thought Nic pushed the Frog lynch...okay I need to go back and read that day again. I might be mistaken. I open to the idea that I got confused.
I would of still vend Mastin for the reason I gave and I could do anything else with Sonic unless he was allied with me. My 1 shot is a ally move.

You don't remember the whole failed gladiate incident?

Anyway, I'm out of here. Good night y'all.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Now I do...it slippec my mind..

suppose max is lynched today who would you Gladiate
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Sonic X »

VOTE: fuzzy

i see no reason to be cagey about who gets a "fruit vendor"
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I would appreciate if no more votes were placed until everyone has alliances set up, including who fuzzy should ally with and "motivate". We're at 4 votes on each of Fuzzy and Maxwell, so an unaware vote by vezok could hammer either if we put any more votes on them.

Fuzzy: I'm conftown tomorrow. TW rolecopped both mastin and xtoxm, and I have reason to believe her results on Mastin at least were accurate. Could she be lying about what she saw on their role cards? Yes. Do I think it's likely? No.

Mastin is more conftown because of a number of factors than just about anyone in this game.

Now, Sonic was pushing the fro99er lynch for days, Nic was just the one who delivered a guilty on fro99er and forced the lynch to happen essentially.

Now, I'm going to ask you this fuzzy: How do you think town could best use your ability? There is no "we'll talk about it." There is no bargaining or anything. It's a simple matter of determining what is optimal for the towns success, and you doing that, because if you don't, I don't see why we wouldn't lynch you...since helping the town make the optimal play, instead of being stubborn, is what you should be trying to do.

TW, I think more than enough has been said in thread about roles and confirmations of things for the time being. Just waiting on Maxwells claim and the alliances to be setup for us to make further moves.

I'm kinda thinking Maxwell, being very familiar with the flavor, is aware that his fake claim is weak, and is thus avoiding making it. That suspicion grows the longer it takes for him to actually make the claim.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by Sonic X »

the best move for fuzzy was to return ricaastle or me our dayvigs so that we can eliminate another scum (regardless if ricastle was accurate)

not doing so, looks very suspiciously like a scumclaim
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Again I cant use that ability unless I ally with someone. Dont know how many times I have to say that. I feel like I am beating my head against a wall with you.
How many times must I repeat that before you listen.You are acting like a little kid who trowing a fit for not getting thier way. Serioussly please stop...it is frustrating btw I would of loved to ally with Ricastle...but I didnt happen and thats mainly my fault

RR
Hence why I am not voting for you yet. I will consider it if you pull a Mastin. I am also considering that TW could be a scum role cop. If I remember right Frog ability claim was true but his role claim was fake. Also Ricastle claimed that Trench claimed Lighthouse Gem Monster in thier PT.
I have no idea if that is true or not. Part of me believes it bc RC flipped town but part of me is in doubt bc of the whole Beer Fiasco

Nic
Are you Pearl or did you steal that role. Ie can you track people.

I have no idea how best to use my abilities the set up makes it a bit diffucult. Maybe Sonic gladitor, or the tracking thing. I need to think it out. I am open to suggestion. I want the town to win
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:58 pm

In post 3461, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Again I cant use that ability unless I ally with someone. Dont know how many times I have to say that. I feel like I am beating my head against a wall with you.
How many times must I repeat that before you listen.You are acting like a little kid who trowing a fit for not getting thier way. Serioussly please stop...it is frustrating btw I would of loved to ally with Ricastle...but I didnt happen and thats mainly my fault

RR
Hence why I am not voting for you yet. I will consider it if you pull a Mastin. I am also considering that TW could be a scum role cop. If I remember right Frog ability claim was true but his role claim was fake. Also Ricastle claimed that Trench claimed Lighthouse Gem Monster in thier PT.
I have no idea if that is true or not. Part of me believes it bc RC flipped town but part of me is in doubt bc of the whole Beer Fiasco

Nic
Are you Pearl or did you steal that role. Ie can you track people.

I have no idea how best to use my abilities the set up makes it a bit diffucult. Maybe Sonic gladitor, or the tracking thing. I need to think it out. I am open to suggestion. I want the town to win

Froggers flavor claim was fake, his role claim was true, except for all his other powers that he didn't tell us about. And yes, everyone understands that you need to be allied to use your motivating power, but what we're wondering is why didn't you push to ally someone like ricastle or sonic who clearly had a usable power, and at least use that time to sort their alignment, and give them back their power if you chose to...there was no effort on your part to make that happen. It seems pretty suspicious that you didn't even try.

Anyways, so do you really think I'm scum, based on my play so far, ignoring the whole conftown thing?

-Cerbg
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Sonic X »

Maybe you are right. Maybe I am throwing a fit for not getting my way.

Easy questions: who did you ally with night 2 and night 3?

Hard question: What "reasons" did you have to give pizza to Mastina instead of me?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Drixx »

Maxwell has 24 hours to claim or he should be lynched. I've told him so in our alliance. @Cerberus, please pick this up into the hydra.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3428, Trench Warfare wrote:I don't buy you not having fear and worry in terms of the game.
Then you really haven't been paying attention.

Bluntly, I don't care that much about my games anymore. I've been jaded and embittered to the world such that with my hundreds of games of experience, I live in the moment. I'll play to win because you try to win games, but for the most part, I'm still playing for fun and fun alone. And, frankly? Fear is counterproductive to fun.

Fear is a basic part of any logical calculus.
Not for me. Not in games, anyway. I might have fear when it comes to my life, I'll admit: "What if my family found me out?" being the main one. But that traces back to the same fear of not having fear, because it's related to the same thing: self-destruction.

What if it goes wrong?
Another thing I've made explicit is my attitude towards this. "If it happens, it happens. Oh, well." That's literally it. I had a fear of the darkness when I was young. That thought made it go away, and now I don't have that fear anymore. I had a fear of heights at a time. That fear went away after that thought. My mind has an amazing way of thinking about an action, and then after having thought about it...just numbing it out. I have an overreactive (yes, I say overreactive, because it reacts to literally any stimuli) imagination, so I literally spend all day thinking about things. Games included. And my mind goes to the best cases and the worst cases. And I numb it out. I dull the sensations. It's not something I do consciously. It just...naturally happens. Like, I'll be eating breakfast, my thoughts drift to some mafia game, I'll give it thought, and then when it comes time for that mafia game, the emotions such as fear have disappeared. Gone.

I literally have no fear. Not even of the irrational paranoia. Because I'm paranoid of everything. You could say...I fear nothing because I feared everything. And by having feared everything, in truth I feared nothing. That's the way my mind works. I don't like it--I hate it--but it's how it is.

So I mean it when I say I feel no fear of a player in a game. You know what happens when I'm scum and a player correctly calls me scum?
I get an adrenaline rush
. Because there's a thrill--there's an actual challenge present. (Another facet of my scumgame is that it's so dang good that frankly, I get BORED. I don't get to be scum often, yet when I do roll scum, I can steamroll a town effortlessly...so any semblance of resistance to my victory I enjoy the challenge of overcoming: the thrill of the hunt, the chase.) But that's not fear. That's excitement at having a worthy opponent to engage in battle.

Pretty much the only moments of happiness I feel in a game anymore are when I'm scum, when I'm town and I've caught scum, or when I'm town and having a daydream which is little more than a delusion of grandeur.

I do believe this is a chessmatch and you have to fear the very moves I would make.
Bluntly, if you're thinking in terms of chess, I'm laughing as I go steal all your poker chips. (Alternatively, if you're thinking in terms of poker, I laugh while I place you in checkmate.) The one defining characteristic of me is that I don't play the game that others play--as scum, I'm the one who's making the game. You think you enter a game of Crazy 8s, we're actually secretly playing a game of Mao. (And just as you begin to catch onto it being a game of Mao, I subtly shift the rules to be closer to Crazy 8s!) Even as town, I set my own path, I just make it very much public that I have chosen to do so rather than keeping it a secret.

I make moves in games, sure, yeah. But the only thing you can know about the moves I have made is that there is no way to know anything about the moves I have made. I, quite simply, hold no fear of counterattacks to my movements. I'm usually five steps ahead of my nearest opponent. The weapon I have above all other weapons is situational awareness, after all. I instinctively have a grasp of the game--I know what to do. I know what moves to make. So I never need to hold any concern.

That is me. That is how my mind works.

We both have to at least guess what the other is doing.
And that's where you're wrong. I don't need to know what you do. I don't even bother guessing. I either know, or I don't know. And if I don't know, then I adapt. I work around my lack of knowledge. I never really bother to guess. As town I'll sometimes try to understand if I think you're town, or try to anticipate if I think you're scum, but that's mainly for pragmatic reasons: when town, I try to work with you if I can, and if I think you're scum, I try to hinder your advancement. But in spite of that, I never really need to know. Especially not if I actually were scum, because why would I care what you're doing as scum?

Bluntly, I don't fear you. Even if I felt fear of a player. Like zMuf. Like AP. Even if I felt fear of a person like them. I wouldn't fear you. Respect you, yes, because sometimes you get things right. But fear, no. Never. Maybe get a high off of the engaging battle, because it'd be a thrill ride for me to cross words with a respectable foe. Yet that's, again, adrenaline pumping in out of anticipation and excitement--not fear.

Don't deny how you feel. Acknowledge it.
I am. Don't presume you know. When I say I don't feel those emotions...
I don't feel those emotions
. That is me, accepting how I feel, acknowledging that I don't have the basic human emotion that I am supposed to possess. (And, yes. That means that, literally every day, I end up calling myself things like a beast, or a monster. Because if humans are supposed to feel those things and I don't feel them...then yeah, I don't feel human.)

Anger, hatred, and loathing I feel plenty of, mainly directed at myself but progressively moving outwards towards the world as I grow increasingly bitter, cynical, and pessimistic. Rage, I suppress plenty of. (Reason I have outbursts of it during games.) But I feel remorse only for not feeling grief, and fear only of how "then I'll let it happen" I am thanks to no fear.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:16 pm

In post 3464, Drixx wrote:Maxwell has 24 hours to claim or he should be lynched. I've told him so in our alliance. @Cerberus, please pick this up into the hydra.
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3435, Trench Warfare wrote:There's a thing called bussing Sonic.
Right. Which I'm
totally
a fan of doing
. :roll:
Especially spending half my current iso (well over half at the time) pursuing. Because that's brilliant scum play, there, hardcore bussing quite possibly the strongest scum PR on the team. Makes complete sense. :neutral:
My academy.
Agnigi
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Wall post of totally non game related stuff.

Psa: If you didn't read that, then let me warn you: you don't have to
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

That's a nice article Mastina

Was it in the Academy? I'll go read it now, just for relaxation
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

WOW this is really well written

I like it
oopsies! haha!

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Well I revised it this year. :P

It was decent when I wrote it, but still needed quite a bit of work to be better.
My academy.
Agnigi
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

That's why I read it. I saw a nice recent revision date.
oopsies! haha!

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Dang it, if year is that important, that means I have to stop slacking off and finish my revision work on all the articles. (They could all use some touching up. A lot of them have good advice, just low visibility in part thanks to poor writing on my part.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Yes you should.

An outdated article turns me off immediately, unless specifically pointed to by a respected expert.
oopsies! haha!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”