Prozac's Basic Theme 4 - Murder in Marlowe - OVER!

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Lmao that post is still hysterical

Gdi scot you let us down
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Porochaz »

I nominated Scot for a scummy, despite not winning.

I know there were a few Kodak moments, so I'll remind you to go nom them as well.

I want to thank you all for playing, it was tough for some of you, I realise and I think most people hated this game by the end, I know I did. (Well, my hatred came mid point and then it picked up again) Site meta has changed so much for me, and I don't like the way it's gone (lot more personally aggressive), I tried to explain that I'd be hypocritical to say Im not aggressive but a lot of time, my aggression has something behind it, like it's not meant to be personal and that intent is lacking in the modern game. It might be experience, but it's why I get BBM's insults more, there is meant to be a level of snark, but it's never meant to be personal. (that said he did go closer to the line this game, but that was due in part to his role)

Anyway, thanks again to all, I hope mollie you do find something positive (bbm and scot) out of this game, I hope to play or mod with a lot of you again. Probably separately. But I plan to take at least an extended break from the site. I need to rest for a while.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 4873, Davsto wrote:
In post 4871, Porochaz wrote:Dead QT - http://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php? ... &p=7285288

Since you brought it up, I think I may have been a bit harsh, as I said to you in PM, mollie, but I think the first lynch for sure came out of left field and was primarily due to poor scum play, a lot thereafter was connected. The town took advantage of that, and did well to lynch 3 on the bounce, but I do think poor scum play played a factor in that.

That is one fucked up link, may wanna fix that :P

Fixed.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Listing me as positive is offensive

Reported
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:11 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4871, Porochaz wrote:Dead QT - http://forum.mafiascum.net/posting.php? ... &p=7285288

Since you brought it up, I think I may have been a bit harsh, as I said to you in PM, mollie, but I think the first lynch for sure came out of left field and was primarily due to poor scum play, a lot thereafter was connected. The town took advantage of that, and did well to lynch 3 on the bounce, but I do think poor scum play played a factor in that.

just because it came out of left field and you don't understand it does not mean it had to do with "luck".

town moves in herds. for a large part of the day sc/matty was voted by town. he was eventually but still.

I think pple absorb things about the gamestate more than they realize because of town herd mentality.

I am sorry I am having a bad attitude and I need to be more gracious. some1 is pointing me to the funny parts of the game and I have to admit they are pretty funny! like when zito called me fat and I voted him. lol
whew!
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:14 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Damn it dav, you never lynch in that situation as town. It should have been obvious to you that you were the only town alive.

My hope was that I still had the nk protection, which thinking about it I should have just lynched dav with nexus giving me either the draw of the win. I also really thought reck was scum at the end cause of stupid kmd and nexus stealing their own vote you jerks :(
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Davsto »

Also, scot, I'm really sorry for hammering you... I panic-voted and before I realised I'd done something wrong (that post after the hammer was me coming back like "shit i did a bad shit shit shit") and, let's face it, you deserved the win the most... Mafia may have officially won this game, but in my mind you definitely played the best.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Marquis »

i agree with mollie here
link in bio
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:16 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Though my kills were bad at the end, and I shouldn't have taken pity on bbm who I knew just didn't want to play anymore. I just too much of a bro.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 4880, scotmany12 wrote:Damn it dav, you never lynch in that situation as town. It should have been obvious to you that you were the only town alive.

I panicked because I'm a butt.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 am

Post by scotmany12 »

But still we should give nexus and kmd credit. Them stealing nexuses vote away was brilliant, and I found it way more likely that they would claim innocents on either bins or reck.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Porochaz »

That was good to be fair.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Davsto »

But yeh, this game worked out well. I got hella frustrated at one point but that blew over once Espe flipped scum (seriously the utter willpower it took to keep going despite the flood of resistance and actually get Espe lynched, bloody hell :P)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

I'm sad that it wasnt as balanced as I initially hoped...4 scum 1 SK 13 town seems fair and Im not sure encryptor is all that powerful (it depends, it was one of my experiments this game, I dont think it helped scum at all really and I though folk were going to see through the nexus lost vote) I did expect scot to hit one of the scum at some point, but they all died before he got a chance... There was some town powers that didn't get used. Bus Driver (which I realise can also be negative utility), Vengeful Townie... and CKD was unlucky not to target anyone useful (and getting knocked out one night, but I guess tracker isn't as powerful as I had built up in my mind (maybe?)

I don't know I am kinda just posting a stream of thought.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

Depending on how my break goes I have 2 ideas, one involves three further games, that setups would go beyond these basic theme, extremely loosely based on some films and with some fun roles in them and the other is a large theme that ties up a few ideas that I had for this game and others that didn't make the cut, it would probably be a bit of a role madness, swingfest but would be fun, both routes would have flavour but it would be light, very definitely lighter than this.

I think my other disappointment was that this game wasn't as non-normal as I would have liked. I guess Busdriver/Nympho/Scum JOAT had that covered but meh. I would have liked to find a bit more interesting combo than JK/Tracker in retrospect.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Game had no wizards of ra

2/10
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4863, Titus wrote:Didn't I say Nexus was scum.

If you would have lynched him, that mighta worked.

please shut up
green shirt thursdays
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Yeah we could have followed your lynch pool to two town lynches just as easily :/
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Nexus »

I mean, Titus, you were 100% correct.

Which is why I had to discredit your VCA as bullshit. Which it still is. It can still be manipulated, just like meta.
Trans rights are human rights.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

also yeah: setup was unfortunate how scum sided it was, but I can't say this doesn't feel deserved. it just felt like town had no real power roles.
green shirt thursdays
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:35 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4888, Porochaz wrote:I'm sad that it wasnt as balanced as I initially hoped...4 scum 1 SK 13 town seems fair and Im not sure encryptor is all that powerful (it depends, it was one of my experiments this game, I dont think it helped scum at all really and I though folk were going to see through the nexus lost vote) I did expect scot to hit one of the scum at some point, but they all died before he got a chance... There was some town powers that didn't get used. Bus Driver (which I realise can also be negative utility), Vengeful Townie... and CKD was unlucky not to target anyone useful (and getting knocked out one night, but I guess tracker isn't as powerful as I had built up in my mind (maybe?)

I don't know I am kinda just posting a stream of thought.

town were put at a 1:2.6 town to scum ratio. it wldn't have been impossible to pull off a town win considering the strong start that town had but with the roles in play it wld have been tough.

this is the second recent town game where town for some strange reason just got apathetic which I didn't and still don't understand why and that had nothing to do with game design. like after 3 scum lynches town shld have been on a high, I certainly was. idgi

after looking over portions of the game I can say this from the heart, thank you for the game prozack. and ty for taking the time to work things out with me. <3

can some1 plz run a game with a sk mentor/mentee team. I wld love to spectate that. I haven't seen it on this site yet.
whew!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 4858, xRECKONERx wrote:Scot, A+ game.

forgot to echo this, you were really impressive this game scot.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Papa Zito »

also I need to mention how absolutely mind-blowing it is to find out Bins was town. (y)
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Bins »

WTF WHO LET NEXUS LIVE THAT LONG
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Bins »

In post 4897, Papa Zito wrote:also I need to mention how absolutely mind-blowing it is to find out Bins was town. (y)

And that her reads were right?

I still don't know what was scummy about me.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”