Trouble in The Cougar's Den (Game over!)

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Performer »

Hey everyone! So there were several things I planned to address on n1 in-team, for what I thought should be done going forward. Town got super lucky in ika quick-hammering me. I was almost 100% sure I couldn't be lynched regardless of what was occurring on d1, due to the playstyles I planned for this particular game since I was scum.
I chose those playstyles for good reason and even had my own plans to talk in the scum chat, to coordinate plans and code words when talking in the forum in day time. Unfortunately I got quick hammered. With ika, L-1 is typically auto hammer.

Anyway, was an interesting game to read. I really dislike how Monk acted as scum this game. I like how Reasonably and BotLane tried keeping the remaining scum afloat, lol.
-----
Below was what I planned to chat about on n1, in the scum PT:

In-team topics:
Monk, can you be a little more active? You’re rousing way too much suspicion. There are many times that I thought you’d be quick lynched.

Do you guys have plans going forward? If so, I’d like to hear them so I know how to secretly work with you guys in the public thread (like mislynching high-priority targets, etc).

I’m also curious what goals you guys have. Like priorities (bussing one of us over another), or whatever else you guys are driving toward. Personally I’m against bussing because we’re already outnumbered as the scum.

I think I’m able to handle davesaz, ika, Vedith, HerryPanther (mainly because I’m familiar with PantherPunt). Maxous I know, is a strong town player from another game I played with him.

Future days:
I believe Heartless/Ceph need to be stopped tonight, in that order. I’m familiar with Heart’s playstyle and agree with you guys that the Antihero half of that hydra, is very risky to leave alive. Ceph is mirroring him and they’re townreading each other – maybe those two are Masons or at the least, they’re familiar with one another.

-----

Anyway, Ceph's post cleanly summed up what the scum team thought the majority of the game.

It seems to me that this scumteam has a clear MO, and it's a crippling fear of doctors. This is twice they've hit low-impact obvtown players.

I think it is safe to say the scum either lack daytalk, lack coordination, or are extremely bad. There is no weirdest claim contest, guys.

I don't think BotLane or MonkeyMan like playing as scum either.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:55 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 3425, Performer wrote:Hey everyone! So there were several things I planned to address on n1 in-team, for what I thought should be done going forward. Town got super lucky in ika quick-hammering me. I was almost 100% sure I couldn't be lynched regardless of what was occurring on d1, due to the playstyles I planned for this particular game since I was scum.
I chose those playstyles for good reason and even had my own plans to talk in the scum chat, to coordinate plans and code words when talking in the forum in day time. Unfortunately I got quick hammered. With ika, L-1 is typically auto hammer.

Anyway, was an interesting game to read. I really dislike how Monk acted as scum this game. I like how Reasonably and BotLane tried keeping the remaining scum afloat, lol.
-----
Below was what I planned to chat about on n1, in the scum PT:

In-team topics:
Monk, can you be a little more active? You’re rousing way too much suspicion. There are many times that I thought you’d be quick lynched.

Do you guys have plans going forward? If so, I’d like to hear them so I know how to secretly work with you guys in the public thread (like mislynching high-priority targets, etc).

I’m also curious what goals you guys have. Like priorities (bussing one of us over another), or whatever else you guys are driving toward. Personally I’m against bussing because we’re already outnumbered as the scum.

I think I’m able to handle davesaz, ika, Vedith, HerryPanther (mainly because I’m familiar with PantherPunt). Maxous I know, is a strong town player from another game I played with him.

Future days:
I believe Heartless/Ceph need to be stopped tonight, in that order. I’m familiar with Heart’s playstyle and agree with you guys that the Antihero half of that hydra, is very risky to leave alive. Ceph is mirroring him and they’re townreading each other – maybe those two are Masons or at the least, they’re familiar with one another.

-----

Anyway, Ceph's post cleanly summed up what the scum team thought the majority of the game.

It seems to me that this scumteam has a clear MO, and it's a crippling fear of doctors. This is twice they've hit low-impact obvtown players.

I think it is safe to say the scum either lack daytalk, lack coordination, or are extremely bad. There is no weirdest claim contest, guys.

I don't think BotLane or MonkeyMan like playing as scum either.

Glad to see your thoughts on the game and reading the rest of it.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I don't mind playing scum as much as I used to, but that's more because I like playing the night game than anything else, and usually I don't get caught as easily as I used to.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I hate playing Scum. My push on MM is exactly why. I do that shit all the time and it drives me crazy.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I enjoy being scum a good bit. :P

LQ, you asked me to evaluate your play in the dead thread, and I didn't mean to ignore it but mafia has seriously been super low on my list of priorities. I might be free of all games soon though, and I'll gladly get together with you sometime and discuss things with you...although really, you should be asking Drixx's opinion, he's the professor and better at this game than I am. :D

Performer: We clearly outlined why we killed who we killed. We had no fear of doc saves. The first night I wanted to kill heartless and was overruled(and we would have actually ran into the protection then, but that wasn't a concern). The second night Ank wanted to kill MattP, and we overruled him because of the reasons I gave before(the cop concern was a pretty minor point, it was more the complete confusion of the town and the extra layer of defense.)

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Performer »

In post 3429, Reasonably Rational wrote:I enjoy being scum a good bit. :P

LQ, you asked me to evaluate your play in the dead thread, and I didn't mean to ignore it but mafia has seriously been super low on my list of priorities. I might be free of all games soon though, and I'll gladly get together with you sometime and discuss things with you...although really, you should be asking Drixx's opinion, he's the professor and better at this game than I am. :D

Performer: We clearly outlined why we killed who we killed. We had no fear of doc saves. The first night I wanted to kill heartless and was overruled(and we would have actually ran into the protection then, but that wasn't a concern). The second night Ank wanted to kill MattP, and we overruled him because of the reasons I gave before(the cop concern was a pretty minor point, it was more the complete confusion of the town and the extra layer of defense.)

-Cerb

Ah I see. From now on if me/BotLane/Reasonably are scum again in some capacity, we need to murder Heartless/Antihero/Cephir IMMEDIATELY LOL. No questions asked! :cool:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Ankamius »

BotLane as a hydra is indefinitely retired. It would be just me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”