Trouble in The Cougar's Den (Game over!)

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Tbh I would hesitate to play a game with MonkeyMan again after his performance here
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by MattP »

This was a fun game overall tho!
SlappyKrust
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3372, MattP wrote:I think the worst part of scum's play was the kills. Regardless of what each nights reasoning was, the fact that in final 11 kthx, me, ceph and heartless were all still in the game was a bad decision when we were so strongly townreading each other.
And, given a scum ninja, there was really no excuse other than fear of PRs...which, incidentally, is exactly why as scum my policy is, "SCREW PROTECTIVE ROLES AND TAKE THE DARN SHOT!"
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Drixx »

The town was really good. I was pretty surprised I was able to talk you guys out of lynching us on day 2.

@All - Cerberus is talking to me on voice comms right now (Teamspeak) and he's not at all upset or anything. I think it's a case of reading "spoil sport" or whatever into his text. He says that he feels like us losing is objectively his fault since Fallout 4 came out and he basically vanished and wasn't around at times when we needed to be building up town credibility. I think after the case we made against MonkeyMan, there was a small window where we could have really worked hard to gain town credibility, and we didn't do so primarily because of that, and he says that's on him. Hard to call him a bad sport when he says scum team loss is on him, even accounting for Performer and MM.

@Spiffeh - I've played a few games with MM now, and I think he goes on the WotC list after this. I can't imagine any possible excuse for how he played and I would have been quite okay with him being modkilled for playing against win con... because he was.

Off the top of my head ... MattP and Heartless were outstanding town players all game. Cephrir was good also but his penchant to be acerbic hurt him a bit. I can't really evaluate Spiffeh ... I can't make heads or tails of how on earth to read him given his style. I think he could make 15-20 word posts just responding to people as either alignment and be super difficult to read. I'd kind of like to see a couple of his scum games (if you care to share links Spiff?).

Grats to the town on the win.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3384, Antihero wrote:as much shit as i gave ceph, he played a really good game.

sorry man.

Thanks. You were great, and I can deal with it :]
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Ankamius »

We really needed day talk to have any shot in this game. A playerlist of this caliber is always going to be an uphill battle for scum, but having two slots straight up obvscum within the first two days, a third being just under that threshold, and the fourth quickly getting apathetic towards the game state at a critical time really wasn't going to ever get anywhere. This isn't even counting Performer and MonkeyMan576's claims heavily endangering the only slot that was actively working to shape the gamestate. Performer, please take this game as a lesson to be very careful with fakeclaims in the future. I always go for just a VT claim unless I know what I'm claiming is a solid claim.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm also blacklisting MM576 for this game. There's no excuse for that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3376, Antihero wrote:i'm just glad i got to lull ank into a false sense of security

Kinda?

I think honestly, the heads of RR and I just overrode each other on the wrong nights. I clearly misread the gamestate on night one and suggested a bad kill, but I think I also misstepped by not overriding Cerb's (I think it was Cerb's?) night 2 kill when he said I could.

That's another reason we didn't work well together as a scumteam. We just look at the game too differently to be cohesive.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I do think it's pretty funny that TWIE complained about the scumteam when he was basically removing all the mislynch options himself.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by ika »

I'm just gonna be here right now to say my spec on day 1 was great
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by ika »

I will have more in depth later
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3407, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3376, Antihero wrote:i'm just glad i got to lull ank into a false sense of security

Kinda?

I think honestly, the heads of RR and I just overrode each other on the wrong nights. I clearly misread the gamestate on night one and suggested a bad kill, but I think I also misstepped by not overriding Cerb's (I think it was Cerb's?) night 2 kill when he said I could.

That's another reason we didn't work well together as a scumteam. We just look at the game too differently to be cohesive.

Yeah, the PV kill was really just a "I think he might be a cop with a guilty who doesn't just want to come out and get himself shot, AND nobody will ever believe we were this dumb" kind of thing.

Although, like I think I said earlier, if we had gone with the heartless kill N1(which was the optimal night to kill them, almost certainly, with no risk of any dumb associatives or anything related to their reads list), they would have been protected, so....we would have missed the kill, and the entire game would have moved forward in a very different fashion.

Anyways, I don't think it has anything to do with us looking at the game differently. It has to do with availability. Drixx and I like to talk A LOT, and we didn't get enough intersecting time with you guys during the night phases to actually talk things through. :(
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by herrcombs »

Hey guys, grats on the town win. I wish I had been more active, but the pace of this game really took me by surprise and I didn't know how to keep up properly.

I've had a rough couple of past games, and I think I've become burnt out on this site rather quickly... This will probably be my last game for quite some time. Thanks to everyone for the game and for the experiences here. Thanks StrangerCoug for modding.

Good luck in the future.

-herr
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3411, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 3407, Ankamius wrote:

Kinda?

Yeah, the PV kill was really just a "I think he might be a cop with a guilty who doesn't just want to come out and get himself shot, AND nobody will ever believe we were this dumb" kind of thing.

Although, like I think I said earlier, if we had gone with the heartless kill N1(which was the optimal night to kill them, almost certainly, with no risk of any dumb associatives or anything related to their reads list), they would have been protected, so....we would have missed the kill, and the entire game would have moved forward in a very different fashion.

Anyways, I don't think it has anything to do with us looking at the game differently. It has to do with availability. Drixx and I like to talk A LOT, and we didn't get enough intersecting time with you guys during the night phases to actually talk things through. :(

I guess so.

This game is another lesson in that I need to start hammering through kills that my gut tells me are by far the best choice. This is the second time in a row that I let it get overruled and it significantly damaged the team.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I played like complete shit but the rest of the town carried me.
I just wanted to sheep obv town Heartless, but they just calling me scum so it made me extremely apathetic to the game.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3358, TheWayItEnds wrote:I knew I had almost no chance to win this game once the scum team decided that they wanted to be terrible and get themselves lynched days 1, 2, and 3.

Too many players were pretty much conf town. You definitely didn't have a shot unfortunately.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:07 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Glad we were able to avenge the death of StrangerCoug!!

Good job town!

Probably good thing I died early- my other scumreads were town (and killed off by TWIE...lol)

Thanks, SC, for modding and letting me play!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't like talking about blacklisting because it feels like kind of a juvenile thing to talk about, but that doesn't stop me from having one in my head.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3417, Cephrir wrote:I don't like talking about blacklisting because it feels like kind of a juvenile thing to talk about, but that doesn't stop me from having one in my head.

I hope I am in that ;)
Show

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 3416, PeregrineV wrote:Thanks, SC, for modding and letting me play!

You're welcome :D
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 3417, Cephrir wrote:I don't like talking about blacklisting because it feels like kind of a juvenile thing to talk about, but that doesn't stop me from having one in my head.

Please let me prove myself to you again
SlappyKrust
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I can't tell if you're joking :]
Bartleby the Scrivener
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 3421, Cephrir wrote:I can't tell if you're joking :]

I was, should I be joking? o:
SlappyKrust
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yes :]
Bartleby the Scrivener
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Performer »

In post 3400, Spiffeh wrote:Tbh I would hesitate to play a game with MonkeyMan again after his performance here

Me too lol
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”