Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (GG)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3495, Ranger wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:eh, your play was shit, I called you on it. You got butthurt. np.
Pot, kettle, black.

Eh.

I agree that my play was not particularly strong this game at all though mafia is a team game and I don't think town played particularly strong, weather or not I had the worst play in the town is some what debateable, IMM, though I'd be willing to painfully agree. The 3 players with a scum read on El were not able to get El lynched. PV WAS lynched twice-and that was clearly bad game design.

I was particularly wary of his claim and I said so.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3500, Nero Cain wrote:I was particularly wary of his claim and I said so.

this was about El
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:55 am

Post by T-Bone »

Next time don't be so scary on Day 1 Ranger :p
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:00 am

Post by T-Bone »

And you can maybe make the argument Godz that the unlynchable scum was unbalanced, but you can NEVER make the argument that distribution of power roles were, town had so much power we should have been screwed every single night.

G[o]dz
G[o]dz
Goon
G[o]dz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:51 am

Post by G[o]dz »

Would you like to bet money on that? If I have the full setup and a couple weeks to think about how exactly to do it as well as doing it, I would be willing to write a program that calculates every possible outcome and show that you're wrong (or perhaps right, who knows? But I doubt you're right) if you're willing to bet a decent sum of money on it to make it worth my while.

The setup was not balanced. I would guess it was not even close to a 4/9 chance of town winning this.
"There is no greater feeling in life than eating cheese." - G[o]dz
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, I don't know about that..It was only certain weak town players that disabled the Elbirn/DS lynches, and then PV would have gone as well on the 2nd attempt (though entirely by luck and it was a terrible mechanic), leaving Bone likely to be caught out by night actions. Town were also unlucky to lose the strongest role on N1.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:12 am

Post by T-Bone »

Just need to accept that it was the play of the players, and not the setup, that tipped the balance in our favor.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Elbirn »

Ranger, your play was pretty tippers. Play more games. You were also pretty great in suikoden, if memory serves I think we both pretty much nailed the scum team d1 as town-mates? Yeah, you do good work.

@everyone else, lol did really not a single person buy my bullshit role claim? Like why/how was I not turbo lynched?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

prob b/c d2 you were saved by Titus/Fire scummin it up and D3 was a DS/Met 1v1 and D4 was PV.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Elbirn »

I guess so...but if no one believed me why lynch titus/fire over me? Why do you not instalynch me the following day regardless of anything else. I should have been caught scum after day 2. When you catch scum you kill it :/
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

I don't know why there wasn't more appetite for your lynch. I certainly wanted you gone, but other people had other priorities, and Nero flat out shot me down about lynching you.

I should have replaced out, though I hate flaking on a commitment to a game. I was so demotivated after the Painbringer lynch, my hydra partner was too busy and also demotivated, and I was sick part of day 3 and all of day 4.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:42 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think town would have likely won this if Elbirn was lynched instead of Painbringer.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

Or if his lynch had gone through on day 1.

Idic
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:16 am

Post by T-Bone »

Yes and yes. If you had managed to lynch him we would have had no shot. It would have been a matter of time before my neighborhood domino fell and PV was tested again.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3508, Nero Cain wrote:prob b/c d2 you were saved by Titus/Fire scummin it up and D3 was a DS/Met 1v1 and D4 was PV.

We didn't scum it up at all. Literally no town thought we were scum Nero. Your ego got in the way here big time. I had a claim I crumbed perfectly and took every measure to avoid hyper posting in the thread. I did everything I could and you're sitting there ramming through lynch after lynch on town while painting me as some egomaniac asshole I am not.

FFery et al weren't on my wagon because they thought I was scum. They wanted to have the personal noise factor die down which you refused to let happen.

You basically discount everything I say because it is me who said it and it frustrates me to no end because if we agree on scum we are usually right.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3514, Titus wrote:
In post 3508, Nero Cain wrote:prob b/c d2 you were saved by Titus/Fire scummin it up and D3 was a DS/Met 1v1 and D4 was PV.

We didn't scum it up at all. Literally no town thought we were scum Nero. Your ego got in the way here big time. I had a claim I crumbed perfectly and took every measure to avoid hyper posting in the thread. I did everything I could and you're sitting there ramming through lynch after lynch on town while painting me as some egomaniac asshole I am not.

FFery et al weren't on my wagon because they thought I was scum. They wanted to have the personal noise factor die down which you refused to let happen.

You basically discount everything I say because it is me who said it and it frustrates me to no end because if we agree on scum we are usually right.

notsci was scumreading you. After Nero replaced in, I never felt like I had enough stance in the thread to push through what I wanted to happen.

My self confidence as a player took some horrible hits during the last months of 2015. I don't plan to play again until I fix my belief in myself, which is probably going to take a large number of spectated games.

Idic
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2252, Cabd wrote:Painbringer (8):
DiamondSentinel
, Nero Cain,
T-Bone
Kate Bishop, Expedience
Elbirn
Metrion, GuyInFeezer

My reads were pretty wrong and I feel a little bad but my play was no where as near as bad as Ranger and Muffin are pretending it was.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean you WERE right about PV's slot but right for the wrong reasons, like if Xtoxm had not fake claimed IC I don't think you would have pushed him.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1609, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1606, Painbringer wrote:
In post 1602, Nero Cain wrote:Is Pid here and able the resist? no. Look, I get it. You are scum and trying to defend your other head when ever she puts her foot in her mouth but you are doing a piss poor job.

Dude you have entered tunneling mode so hard its not even funny.
Just....stop, before you go too far and then you are crouching in a corner weeping at how terrible you are at this game.

That is what awaits you at the end of the road.

Or some lame justification for your piss poor tunnel after our flip. Which is more likely actually.

your and Titus' play has been a joke. QQ NEWB.

Yeah grabbing this when I saw your ISO Nero.

I literally told town what I needed (to post less), and you shitted on that. You tunneled me since you arrived in this thread. I made every effort to tell you what you were doing was bad and detrimental to the game state.

You're justifying my play based on right for wrong reasons which is infuriating.

You are not reflecting here on your own play. Please do so.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Ranger »

T-Bone wrote:Next time don't be so scary on Day 1 Ranger :p
I like being scary on D1.
Maybe next time I shouldn't be so scary on D1 with
the strongest role in the game
, though. :P

Elbirn wrote:Ranger, your play was pretty tippers. Play more games. You were also pretty great in suikoden, if memory serves I think we both pretty much nailed the scum team d1 as town-mates? Yeah, you do good work.
Yep, pretty much. I've unfortunately found my accuracy rate's slowly dropping, though. :(

It used to be like 75%, then 66%, now it's closer to 50% at best. (Granted, I've been playing a number of multiball games recently, so that hasn't been having a very positive effect on my accuracy.)

I'm mainly playing Blitz games these days because they're fun and fast and were the format of game I was raised on playing, and in the future I'm looking to focus more on modding some games (I /inned to mod a Mini Normal just recently!), but if I were offered the chance to play in a game with these players again, I'd take it.

I guess so...but if no one believed me why lynch titus/fire over me? Why do you not instalynch me the following day regardless of anything else. I should have been caught scum after day 2. When you catch scum you kill it :/
I KNOW, RIGHT?!?

You should see my ranting in the dead topic.

fferry wrote:Or if his lynch had gone through on day 1.
I feel so guilty for that. While aside from a brief stint on Scorpious, my vote never left him, I never was able to figure out how to make a case on him. My case was, "he's scum. I can tell he's scum." and that's about all I could figure out to say. :/
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:58 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3516, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2252, Cabd wrote:Painbringer (8):
DiamondSentinel
, Nero Cain,
T-Bone
Kate Bishop, Expedience
Elbirn
Metrion, GuyInFeezer

My reads were pretty wrong and I feel a little bad but my play was no where as near as bad as Ranger and Muffin are pretending it was.

I bet that happened cause of a scum-sided set-up too amirite?

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Ranger »

Apparently, it's not public yet, so have the relevant quotes:
Very frustrated at the pressure on Metrion.

What was the one read I held above all others that was unusual?
A scumteam with Metrion on it doesn't kill Metrion's largest defender, particularly given I made
darn
sure that my role (with it being this strong) wasn't breadcrumbed. (Especially since given my dual block/protect nature, I was expecting no other protection roles in the game.)
RRRRRR.

I WASN'T OPPOSED TO THE GOB/PIDGEY WAGON! Just because I wasn't on it doesn't mean I didn't approve of it!

...That being said, I don't really mind; it's good that
most
of the pressure seems to be on DS and Elbirn.
(My main objection to the Gob/pidgey wagon was the lack of information, which, lo and behold, happened.)
Xtoxm's 1622 nailed it, and Painbringer's fairly close, so it's good to see others accurate, the problem being, I'm afraid they're not going to be listened to.

Or in Painbringer's case, they'll probably self-destruct and end up lynched, ignored, or inaccurate.
^Can I call it or can I call it? (Seriously, though, Xtoxm and Painbringer both were heavily suspected, but had some of the best reads in the game at the time.)
>T-Bone said he would hammer whoever got to L-1.
>Elbirn got to L-1.
>T-Bone did not hammer.

If I'm the only one who notices this, I will be extremely disappointed.
(I was the only one who noticed this.)
So very disappointed in the town right now.
Elbirn should have been dead yesterday. When Titus flipped town, he should have been speed-lynched today.
Why oh why is the town lynching EVERY town power role claim and believing EVERY scum claim?
WHY.
If I were alive.
I wouldn't need spoilers to know Xtoxm's derp comes from town.
If I were alive.
I wouldn't need spoilers to know Metrion's confusion comes from town.
If I were alive.
I wouldn't need spoilers to know Xtoxm's claim + Metrion's claim > Diamond Sentinel's claim, 'cause TWO SCUM ARE NOT GOING TO CORROBORATE TO TAKE DOWN A SINGLE TOWN PLAYER.
If I were alive.

The
only
difference between my spoiled-in-here reads and there would be in there, I would be calling Nero and Expedience likely scumbuddies of DS and Elbirn and PV because their play right now is making them scum in all but name.
(At the time, Nero was defending ALL THREE SCUM, and so was Expedience, while pushing ALL TOWN.)
The scum bussing each other are literally doing more work to help the town than the town is.

It's just...sad.

This isn't spoiler-speak talking, this is simple logic speaking. 2 > 1. Xtoxm claimed the same role as DiamondSentinel; one's likely scum. DiamondSentinel claimed a result on Metrion which Metrion claims is impossible; one's likely scum. ARITHMETIC. BASIC. MATH. Two greater than one, lynch Diamond Sentinel. >:(
I mean, if you want
spoiler speak
, then DS is scum because scum role trumped town role as per Cabd's modding rules as Cabd already laid out.
The basic math I lay out above is, therefore,
actually not correct
...but it's what I
would
be thinking.
I will grant the town this; missing T-bone is passable, albeit still questionable given his presence in the neighborhood and his condemning behavior D2 (not hammering Elbirn).
But the rest of the scum? Should be easy to lynch.
DiamondSentinel is mod-confirmed scum. Not for the reasons the town THINKS, but is mod-confirmed scum all the same.
PeregrineV is blatantly scum with a very bad claim.
Elbirn even more so, and he's been lurking,
not even outing his result.

If the town mislynches today.
There will be words in the post-game.
(I'd have to check to make sure, but I think that was mylo. So
technically
, town did not mislynch that day. Close enough though.)
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:07 am

Post by T-Bone »

THIS IS WHY I HAD TO KILL YOU :P

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:09 am

Post by T-Bone »

Actually really a little NKA would have gone a long way, the first three kills were to get rid of Elbrin's biggest detractors....

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1708, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1707, Kate Bishop wrote:I don't think my inference was at all out of line.

ok let me ask you a question, if I did something outside of my town game would you think I am scum?

What do you think about my comments re Ranger/Elbirn?

I don't think they have any bearing on anything. I think it was likely a scum list. She PROB would have investigated those that she scum read but even if they were crumbs scum would have no reason to think she was a pr. I think its more likely to be a WIFOM shot than an El team shot him. And even if thats what you did the why El over DS or Cow?

:?

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”