Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7100 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Spoiler: @Ogre
I could tell you weren't doing it on purpose, but that thing where we kept going around in circles was putting me into a bad head space, yeah I was scum and you had every right to try to sort me and I don't even know what you could've done differently, and you definitely weren't the only person getting under my skin and so many people were getting under my skin that I felt like it was probably just me and I should site flake or something but constantly trying and failing to communicate and having to spend my mafia time talking to someone i was townreading instead of doing something else, scumhunting, trying to sort the game, etc. wasn't helping my slot's position and I couldn't break out of it.

I didn't mind that you were scumreading us and I didn't mind that I couldn't convince you we were town, especially since we weren't, it was something else.

I just felt like I was constantly being asked to do things that were extremely painful for me and no matter what I did, it wasn't good enough. People would engage me in ways that made it harder for me to communicate, talking to me in ways that made my typing less communicative, and then they'd take my failures to communicate as indication I was scum and nobody was attacking the people who were baiting me like that and it was affecting me offline in a really bad way.

People hold me to a higher standard that i'm able to sustain; they keep forgetting that i'm just a r*t*rd.

But yeah I was scum and I could tell that people weren't doing it on purpose which meant it was my fault and that I should just go away.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7101 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, True Ogre, it was a pleasure playing with you, and I was really sad to see you go. You were basically the only person driving my interest in the game, so after you replaced out and I stopped getting to see the interesting lines you were pursuing, I followed the game even less than before...which isn't to say I didn't follow it, more that I would pop in and refresh to read *this* particular game like twice a game, rather than several times a day(or several times an hour) as is my norm.

Spoiler: @Plotinus
Not directed at me, but...you aren't "just" anything. You're exceptional and impressive as fuck. Please don't convince yourself otherwise.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7102 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by dramonic »

I dont think I asked much of you, I just called you scum a lot :p
But if getting called scum affects your mindstate too negatively then yes, maybe you need a break :/
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7103 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Plotinus »

you were fine, dram. I thought you expressed your scumread of me in a humourous, lighthearted way and that made it a bit more fun.

i didn't care that people were calling me scum. it was something else. The entire game could've gone exactly the same as it did with the same flips and the same people scumreading me and me still getting vigged and i wouldn't have been upset at all.

but yeah i probably do need a break.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7104 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Anyway, congrats to the town.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7105 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, one last thing Plot: I know this game is a sore spot, but I'm really interested in knowing...why did you guys claim BP? You were pretty insistent in the mafia PT that you wanted to claim BP(going so far as to say you HAD to get rid of davesaz because he saw you perform a night action, and therefore you couldn't make that claim), but the BP claim really doesn't make sense to me at all.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #7106 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by hiplop »

love you cerb but yea this game is def not scummy worthy >_>

shouldnt get scummies for "properly playing vig"
third best scummer of all time
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7107 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 7106, hiplop wrote:love you cerb but yea this game is def not scummy worthy >_>

shouldnt get scummies for "properly playing vig"
For reals tho.

Also sorry I wasn't engaged enough to keep you alive, even though you couldn't comprehend that I KNEW you were town. :P
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 7105, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh, one last thing Plot: I know this game is a sore spot, but I'm really interested in knowing...why did you guys claim BP? You were pretty insistent in the mafia PT that you wanted to claim BP(going so far as to say you HAD to get rid of davesaz because he saw you perform a night action, and therefore you couldn't make that claim), but the BP claim really doesn't make sense to me at all.
I don't know, it was nacho's idea. He said it made sense with the way we'd been playing day 1-2 and also it worked with the plan to claim tictac's action to try to draw the nightkill but it didn't really work.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Plotinus »

but night actions and knowing what to fake claim are the weaker areas of my game so i was happy to delegate both of those things to Nacho. I screw up my night actions in literally all of my scumgames.

True Ogre
True Ogre
Goon
True Ogre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by True Ogre »

In post 7101, Cerberus v666 wrote:
Not directed at me, but...you aren't "just" anything. You're exceptional and impressive as fuck. Please don't convince yourself otherwise.
^this. very much so.
Large, sincere, enveloping hug.
In post 7101, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, True Ogre, it was a pleasure playing with you, and I was really sad to see you go.
:embarrassed:
Thanks Cerb - I still remember you trying to coerce me to investigate you with a smile every now and then, and now I understand why (and it was probably the best flavour-investigate that could have happened in the game too, so you were very right).

By the same measure don't underestimate yourself either. You killed 40% of the scumteam yourself? I think town was pretty fucked without you doing what you did.
True Ogre WINS!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by dramonic »

Its easy to say in postgame, but FS was super town yeah
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Yeah, those were some impressive shots, Cerb. 2/3rds of your shots were on scum and no one can blame you for shooting Snarky.

They were super town, yeah. We wanted to put them out of their misery because they didn't seem to be having fun but it turned out it was all for show on their end. x.x

Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #7113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 7112, Plotinus wrote:They were super town, yeah. We wanted to put them out of their misery because they didn't seem to be having fun but it turned out it was all for show on their end. x.x
huh
i was definitely not having fun
this game was actually a major reason i don't play mafia anymore

also seconding what cerb said about you plot
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Plotinus »

oh, hiplop in the dead thread said that he was just playing around so i thought it was both of you. :( I'm both sorry and somewhat relieved that i was right the first time.

I'm so sorry this game hurt you Errant *hug* I wish we could've been town together.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 7108, Plotinus wrote:
In post 7105, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh, one last thing Plot: I know this game is a sore spot, but I'm really interested in knowing...why did you guys claim BP? You were pretty insistent in the mafia PT that you wanted to claim BP(going so far as to say you HAD to get rid of davesaz because he saw you perform a night action, and therefore you couldn't make that claim), but the BP claim really doesn't make sense to me at all.
I don't know, it was nacho's idea. He said it made sense with the way we'd been playing day 1-2 and also it worked with the plan to claim tictac's action to try to draw the nightkill but it didn't really work.
Gotcha. I mainly ask because the safety net that was there was a good part of why I decided to shoot you, as Rob13 mentioned. I mean, I guess some people are of the mindset that they, as vig, wouldn't want to risk wasting a shot on a bulletproof, but I prefer that a vig shoot at a x-shot bulletproof slot(unless they're conftown via some means), just to remove that late game wifom of "did you claim that just so you'd have a convenient excuse for why you were never killed". I don't think that's something most people know about me, but that particular mindset was a good part of the shot reasoning. Hero vigs are Zero vigs more often than not, so any action that can be taken that mitigates the innate swinginess of a vig role is something I approve of...such as deliberately shooting at a bulletproof claim.
In post 7112, Plotinus wrote:Yeah, those were some impressive shots, Cerb. 2/3rds of your shots were on scum and no one can blame you for shooting Snarky.

They were super town, yeah. We wanted to put them out of their misery because they didn't seem to be having fun but it turned out it was all for show on their end. x.x
In post 7110, True Ogre wrote:
In post 7101, Cerberus v666 wrote:
^this. very much so.
Large, sincere, enveloping hug.
In post 7101, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, True Ogre, it was a pleasure playing with you, and I was really sad to see you go.
:embarrassed:
Thanks Cerb - I still remember you trying to coerce me to investigate you with a smile every now and then, and now I understand why (and it was probably the best flavour-investigate that could have happened in the game too, so you were very right).

By the same measure don't underestimate yourself either. You killed 40% of the scumteam yourself? I think town was pretty fucked without you doing what you did.
Again, thank you, but there's a level of play I expect from myself, and I didn't reach it this game. I think you guys are right, that town was quite screwed without those shots hitting...but mafia is defined by day play, not night actions, and my day play was severely lacking lacking.

And yeah, I REALLY wanted you to flavor cop me so badly, since it would make it obvious I was claiming one of those two halves, which would give you all sorts of information and speculation about the roles involved, blah blah. :P
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 7115, Cerberus v666 wrote:I think you guys are right, that town was quite screwed without those shots hitting...
I would've been
SO MAD
considering the two shots are the two players I yelled the most about. :P
I'm a hoot
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Well, Axel was definitely going down, but yeah TPP was going to be difficult.

Although I *did* outline exactly what their play was to talk myself into why I shouldn't be considering them town, so if I thought about that more and got myself to actually read and play, a lynch may have been doable.

Eventually.

In Lylo. :/
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by dramonic »

Nah, with this town lylo woulda been a Pist lynch, somehow.
I'm a hoot
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Can we all agree that tictac was obvtown in the neighbourhood. I wasn't making it up.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Read up till the reads wall, and yep. Shoulda just posted all that in the game instead of spending the time sculpting posts for just you. :p
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by davesaz »

I agonized over claiming results, but decided not to because I wanted to try to save the ability to use another night.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #7122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 7118, dramonic wrote:Nah, with this town lylo woulda been a Pist lynch, somehow.
Woulda been mala, actually. :) thats quite realistic.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

But your night actions were sooo good in the face of adversity Cerb
I didn't CC itle because I thought that my role + BG made sense for protectives
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Axelrod »

Good game guys. We totally lost it on N2 when Marquis did not die, and subsequently claimed Cop. I will applaud my scummates for sticking it out as long as they did, but that felt almost unrecoverable.
In post 7117, Cerberus v666 wrote:Well, Axel was definitely going down, but yeah TPP was going to be difficult.
Going down? Me? Never! You had nothing! Nothing, I say.

Seriously, good shot, because even though it felt like literally everyone had me pegged as scum, no one had anything behind it other than vague feelings of unease. I totally could have talked my way out of it if given the chance! :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”