Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6052 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6049, zakk wrote:or in FireAssassin's case, acted out like a five year old who was up past his bedtime).
Hmmmm....
If you were a man, I'd punch you. I'd punch you right in the mouth.
This was mature of you.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6053 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Skullduggery »

Can we maybe
not
blame Suzune for everything, please? Town lost because multiple players made poor decisions throughout the course of the game, not because one single player made one poor decision at the end. You guys are a team. Teams win together and teams lose together.

Also, I'd like to make a public service announcement to anyone who's listening. There are several reasons why I don't post spoilers for my games in the dead thread. One of those reasons is because doing so inevitably turns the dead thread into a den of negativity and frustration as all the dead Town players exasperatedly yell at the living Town players for not having figured out who the non-Town players are. That's exactly what happened in this game. I don't find that to be a very pleasant environment to be in. If you happen to roll Scum in my next game and you get lynched or killed, do me a favor and respect my wishes to keep the dead thread spoiler-free, will you? (Lookin' at you, Titus.)

Appreciate it. Thanks.
In post 6045, PeregrineV wrote:Thanks for running it and letting me play!!
You're welcome. Thank you for playing. Sorry you didn't get to stick around for very long. I blame it on Q's face being a bullet magnet.
In post 6049, zakk wrote:Skull, thanks for running the game. Hope to see you stick around the site a while longer despite all the shit you've had to put up with.
Thanks for replacing in. You did a great job of turning that slot around.

My next modded game will be my last on this site. I'm hard at work on it, so I'm hoping to have it ready to go by late September/early October.
In post 6049, zakk wrote:Different versions of M.Bison were a real WTF and made it impossible to distinguish troll-FA from boy-who-cried-wolf-FA after he decided to claim. I would have probably tried to avoid that.
As I have already explained to you privately, the example role PM was clearly just a joke. I could not in good conscience run a Street Fighter themed game without making at least a passing mention of the black sheep of the series. Anybody who scumread Fire Assassin for claiming M. Bison is foolish, plain and simple.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #6054 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
Thanks for running this game, Skull. I enjoyed being a part of it.
I'm a bit sad I won't get to play in your next game, as I was one of the reviewers. Still, watching it unfold is going to be a lot of fun. I'm very excited for it--it's exactly the kind of large theme I'd like to play.
As always, I hope your break is only temporary. You're a moderator that I have a great deal of admiration and respect for.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #6055 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Titus »

I'm sorry Skull. You did a great job hosting.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #6056 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As much as I like throwing down, I think both teams had great moments and embarrassing ones.
This game proved to be a real learning experience for me, and will hopefully be helpful for other players as well.
I was very impressed with a lot of the play that I saw, though. People that contributed to good lynches often pulled their weight.
There were several times that town was very intimidating, especially with Nero taking the lead at places.
I feel as though our win came from making the wisest kills when we could and by outpacing town only marginally.
Any large game that goes into LYLO is very exciting for me. That reflects a fairly balanced setup on the moderator's part and fairly balanced teams in terms of mafia prowess. While it is interesting to see absolute stomps or absurd game-winning plays, having two fairly balanced teams duke it out to the very end is always incredibly satisfying for me.

I hope to see a lot of you folks in future games. I hope I wasn't a complete pain to play with. :3
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6057 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Sorry for my saltiness

Thanks for modding Skull! I had lots of fun despite my early exit.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Prophylaxis
Prophylaxis
Goon
Prophylaxis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6058 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Prophylaxis »

Was monitoring this game somewhat after I replaced out - huge apologies to beeboy and Skullduggery for doing so, but it was the correct decision I believe at the time.

Big shout out to Luna Fox for posting infinitely more than I would have all game and being an excellent replacement.

Good game to the scumteam.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6059 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Skull: why was I told my bomb power can adsorb more than 1 kill yet there was no other killing role besides the mafia nk?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6060 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 6058, Prophylaxis wrote:Big shout out to Luna Fox for posting infinitely more than I would have all game and being an excellent replacement.
Thanks ^_^

Also Thanks Skull for modding I enjoyed this game!
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6061 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 6052, Firebringer wrote:
In post 6049, zakk wrote:or in FireAssassin's case, acted out like a five year old who was up past his bedtime).
Hmmmm....
If you were a man, I'd punch you. I'd punch you right in the mouth.
This was mature of you.
Have you even seen Anchorman
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6062 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 6053, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 6049, zakk wrote:Skull, thanks for running the game. Hope to see you stick around the site a while longer despite all the shit you've had to put up with.
Thanks for replacing in. You did a great job of turning that slot around.

My next modded game will be my last on this site. I'm hard at work on it, so I'm hoping to have it ready to go by late September/early October.
/pre-in

Might also be my last game.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6063 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6062, zakk wrote:Might also be my last game.
Why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6064 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6059, Nero Cain wrote:Skull: why was I told my bomb power can adsorb more than 1 kill yet there was no other killing role besides the mafia nk?
also talk about a50's role and why you included it and what your expectations were.

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #6065 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Antihero »

i thought the concept of a50's role was neat but there's few ppl who could draw it where i think i'd be useful

and i'm guessing you were told your bomb power could absorb >1 kill so that you wouldn't automatically know there wasn't an SK
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6066 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Skullduggery »

The Mafia faction topic, the Neighborhood topic, and the Mason topic are now public. Links to them can be found at the bottom of the first post.
In post 6054, Varsoon wrote:Thanks for running this game, Skull. I enjoyed being a part of it.
In post 6055, Titus wrote:I'm sorry Skull. You did a great job hosting.
In post 6057, SirCakez wrote:Thanks for modding Skull! I had lots of fun despite my early exit.
In post 6060, Luna Fox wrote:Also Thanks Skull for modding I enjoyed this game!
Thanks, guys. And thank you all for playing. I appreciate the effort you put into it for your respective teams.
In post 6058, Prophylaxis wrote:Was monitoring this game somewhat after I replaced out - huge apologies to beeboy and Skullduggery for doing so, but it was the correct decision I believe at the time.
Don't worry about it. You announced your replace-out instead of just flaking on us, so no hard feelings.
In post 6062, zakk wrote:/pre-in
You got it.
In post 6065, Antihero wrote:and i'm guessing you were told your bomb power could absorb >1 kill so that you wouldn't automatically know there wasn't an SK
Sort of. I thought to myself, "If I were to receive this role, what kind of questions would I have about it?" The first question that popped into my head was, "What happens if my Bomb ability is intact and I'm targeted by more than one killing action?" So I included the answer to that question in the role PM in an effort to be thorough. I don't think it was misleading.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6067 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 6063, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6062, zakk wrote:Might also be my last game.
Why?
Idk just losing interest(again) recently ... I do switch alts every now and again... this ones past due. You might see me again but probably won't know it's me. I take breaks usually, to recharge, between alts. Worked so far.

Why do you ask? ^^
permanently retired

see here for more info
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6068 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:43 am

Post by SirCakez »

Also, I want to apologize for my part getting Titus to leak the spoilers into the dead thread. I shouldn't have tried to circumvent your rules like that Skull.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6069 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Skullduggery »

I'll find it in my heart to forgive you somehow.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6070 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by zakk »

Suzune. You poured sodium chloride in my wounds, by not listening to me tell you to kill Ranger, and never to kill Dwlee.

At least come discuss the game. That's the very least you could do. Don't leave me hangin' here all alone, mason buddy.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #6071 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”