Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:35 am

Post by Katsuki »

Mystery of the Missing Votecounts

Prequel to Katsuki's Madness - Part 2

Moderated by Katsuki and Equinox
Setup Reviewer:
Vi
Blessed by: FakeGod

Despite a rocky beginning fraught with litigious reviewers, the game was nearly ready to begin. the Cupcake God could not be happier with the results. All that was left was the pre-launch check. With games like this where it was reasonable to expect evil muffins attempting to sabotage their pure cupcakes creations, Katsuki had to make sure that nothing untoward would happen. Pre-/ins confirmed: Check. Role PMs written: Check. Rules set stolen from dramonic again: Check. Flavor: Well, that was Equinox's job. Equinox is always seemingly on top of things, though, so Katsuki put a "Check" next to that item on the list. There was no reason to worry, right?

Finally, there were the vote counts. Most moderators created them on the fly as the game went on, but that would not simply do for a masterpiece such as this game. Katsuki went to the kitchen. That newfangled induction cooker had already ruined a batch of cupcakes, so seeing it every time a visit to the kitchen became necessary left a sour taste in Katsuki's mouth. The vote counts were supposed to be on the counter, which was where Katsuki had left them last night. However, when Katsuki reached the counter, there was nothing there. Thinking that perhaps they had ended up someplace unexpected, Katsuki opened the refrigerator. Cupcakes. Katsuki tried the cupboards. Cupcakes. Katsuki even tried looking in the dishwasher in case the vote counts had wandered there, but there were only cupcakes there, too. Confused, Katsuki stepped out into the living room.

The first thing that Katsuki saw was the explosion of color. Katsuki did not remember adding this much colorful furniture to the living room. After a moment's adjustment, however, it became clear that what Katsuki was seeing was not morphing furniture but some weird cross of alpaca and Pokémon. Alpacamons. There, in the middle of all of the jumping and frolicking monsters, was Equinox, petting an what seemed to be an alpaca version of an Umbreon. What had started as a perfectly normal morning -- whatever "normal" meant in the Katsuki household -- was very apparently becoming anything but.

"Hey, Equinox. Do you know what happened to the vote counts I made for our game? And where did all these things come from?"
"I have no idea what's going on here, Katsuki. The Alpacamons just showed up."

A sparkle in the corner of the room caught Katsuki's eye. Katsuki picked up the object, which seemed to be in the shape of a berry. Katsuki brushed off some stray fur and saw the words "With 14 alive" emblazoned on the berry. A quick sniff revealed that the object had a berry-like smell. "How curious. It would seem that someone has transmuted vote counts into some sort of bait for the Alpacamons... But why?" Katsuki glanced over at Equinox, who was still petting the Alpacreon but whose eyes now flitted all over the living room. This was strange behavior, even for Equinox. Katsuki knew that Equinox had nursed a lifelong dream of making others drunk; that much was clear from the way Equinox treated Mafia as one great drinking game. But would Equinox go as far as to steal all of the vote counts to make Mafiascum drunk again? Surely Equinox could not be the one responsible for the sudden appearance of all the Alpacamons either...

Adorably Existing:

zMuffinMan, Alcoholic Shot Forcing Equinox, Mafia Vote Obscurer, survived N6.
springlullaby, Magical Girl Equinox, Mafia Doctor, survived N6.

Spoiler: Turned into an Equinox
kanyeknowsbest, a Missingnopaca, Town Non-Consecutive Governor, was executed D1.

camn, an Arbokpaca, Vanilla Townie, got drunk N1.
hiplop, a Psyduckapaca, Vanilla Townie, was lynched D2.
farside22, a Victreebelpaca, Vanilla Townie, got drunk N2.

DrippingGoofball, #TRUMPTRAINEQUINOX, Mafia Doctor, was lynched D3.

SpyreX, an Exeggcupaca, Town Two-Shot Vote Counter, got drunk N3.

Kmd4390, a Ninetalepaca, Town Roleblocker, was lynched D4.
dramonic, an Alakazampaca, Town Votestealer, got drunk N4.
Lady Lambdadelta, an Articunopaca, Town One-Shot Executioner, was lynched D5.
iraonavp, a Tentacruelpaca, Town Vote Blocker, got drunk N5.
Spiffeh, a Parasectpaca, Vanilla Townie, got drunk N6.
Fate, the Spirit of GreyICE, Town Doublevoter, endgamed N6.
Last edited by Equinox on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:40 am

Post by Katsuki »

General RulesModified, but "borrowed" from Dramonic, who modified and stole them from Vi with... its... permission.

1)
Starting and Ending States:
The game starts during the Day. All roles that can communicate outside of the game thread may do so at any time during the game (PTs are open at all times). The game will end when one faction has fulfilled its win condition, unless otherwise specified.
2)
Day Procedures:
Each player may discuss the game and cast a single vote at a time against people they want to lynch. Day ends when either the deadline hits or a strict majority of the votes are on one person.
3)
Voting:
Votes should be in bold or vote tags in order for them to count, for instance:
Vote: Fate
or VOTE: Fate. If you wish to vote for a different player, please unvote before doing so. As long as we can tell who you're voting for, we don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
4)
No Lynch:
As an alternative to voting for someone, you may
Vote: No Lynch
, but for it to take effect, enough players must vote No Lynch that it would be impossible to form any other majority.
5)
Deadlines:
Deadline will be 10 days from the start of the day.
6)
Mass Inactivity:
In an act of pure villainy, we may shorten the deadline if we deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if we want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7)
Deadline Lynches:
If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline, the result is
No Lynch
and the game proceeds to Night. Deadlines are there for a reason.

8)
Twilight:
After someone receives the majority vote, everyone may still discuss the game, but votes and unvotes will not be considered - the person voted for by the majority will be lynched regardless. Twilight will last until we waltz in and post a death scene.

9)
Night Length and Procedures:
The topic will be locked at Night. If your Role PM specifies that you have a Night Action, you may follow the instructions on that PM to use it. In this game, night will last 48 hours, barring extenuating circumstances, with up to an additional 24 hours for night action processing.
10)
Night Action Resubmission:
At any time during the night you may resubmit your action.
11)
Role Overlap Policy:
In the event of overlapping and/or contradictory Night Actions (i.e. a mutual roleblock), priority is given to whoever PMs the mod with the action first. However, if two kills are submitted on the same target, the most damaging death will be the one displayed (You can slit someone's throat first, but if he got blown to smithereens no one will care about his throat...)

12)
Bolding Stuff:
Bolding something is how you get the Gods to notice you.
13)
Mod Color:
Light blue
is my color. Do not attempt to impersonate us. :]
14)
Activity, Prods, and Replacements:
You will be prodded if two days have passed since your last post. You will be replaced if you do not post after another 48 hours, or if you need to be prodded three times throughout the game. If you know ahead of time that you will not be able to participate for at least 48 hours, go ahead and announce it in-thread so nobody (such as me) thinks you're lurking. Flakers will be blacklisted for future games, and I reserve the right to blacklist people who maliciously replace out.
15)
"Bah!" Posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Unless your role specifically states you can keep talking/voting/playing parcheesi with us, you are allowed one informationless "bah" post and then scram til endgame.
16)
Outside Discussion:
Don't discuss this game outside of this thread with anyone unless your Role PM lets you do otherwise. Note that there are no roles that allow you to do so, so don't. It shall be a most unpleasant ending if you do.
17)
Post Editing:
Editing or deleting posts is not allowed (and usually not possible). Doublepost with your changes instead.
18)
Mod and PM quoting:
You could potentially try to reformulate your Role PM, but if you quote it, you will be modkilled. You can send me the reformulation and I will tell you if posting it is allowed or if it needs further modifications. If you quote a PM from me, you will be terminated. If you quote a PM from you to me, you will also die. That's all.
19)
Modkills:
Breaking any of the above three rules (or flagrantly violating Rule 15) will result in you getting modkilled. Modkills can be retroactive. If a living player breaks any of these rules, the day may or may not end, depending on what would disadvantage that player's faction the most. A dead player breaking any of these rules will result in someone from the same faction getting modkilled. In addition, getting modkilled results in an instant loss for that player, along with our general hatred. In short, follow the rules.

20)
Win Mentality:
Play to win.
21)
Pleasing The Gods:
In the first post of every game day, you must open your post saying "I love cupcakes and mylittleequinoxcakes!" =(◕ ‿ ◕)=

Special Mechanics
  • As the votecounts seem to have gone missing due to mysterious unknown circumstances (AHEM EQUINOX),
    there will be no votecounts throughout the day
    , only at the end of each day phase.

Spoiler: Sample Town Role PM

Welcome, Equinox! You are a
Pony
, a
Town "Flavour" Cop

You are what every kid wants for Christmas but never gets. And not only are you a pony, you are a hungry pony.

Thus, instead of sleeping every night, you prowl about in search of sustenance and have the opportunity to taste another player in the game. Although most things should taste bland, there may be a few unwanted flavors thrown in the mix.

While not busy tasting others, you have the ability to talk and vote in the thread during the day.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Role PMs have been sent! Game will begin once 12/14 have confirmed.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Spiffeh »

/confirm
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:03 am

Post by farside22 »

/confirm
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:18 am

Post by PJ. »

/confirmin that I want to be replaced

This player list sucks.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

/confirm
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Katsuki »

camn replaces Panzerjager effective immediately. Welcome!
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:20 am

Post by dramonic »

/confirm that panzer is a shitlord
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

/woohooo
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I thought Panzer was being ironic because this playerlist is so awesome. Whatever.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:31 am

LOL he must have drawn scum
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:32 am

It goes like this in the scum PT

Hey Panzer
We're going to bus you hard
Cuz U SUCK

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:51 am

Post by iraonavp »

/confirm
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:51 am

Post by iraonavp »

VOTE: DrippingGoofball
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh... right, apparently "is that the cupcake game?" counted as a pre-in

go figure
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:08 am

Post by Spiffeh »

^ scum
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I love cupcakes and mylittleequinoxcakes!

anyway, i figure i'll go against the spirit of this game and keep track of votecounts myself

inb4 mod kill

notEquinox's VC 1.1. ruining cupcake's game is... the name of the game... or something
DrippingGooball (1)
:

Not voting:
camn, SpyreX, Godly One, DrippingGoofball, Spiffeh, kanyeknowsbest, Lady Lambdadelta, Kmd4390, Fate, hiplop, dramonic, farside22, SpringLullaby

ps: cupcake can't even spell my pokemon
In post 16, Spiffeh wrote:^ scum

you're not trying hard enough, spiffeh, it wasn't this easy last game
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Btw we are policy lynching hiplop D1

Discuss
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vote: Muffin

I remember War is Hell, anyone who tries that "I'll be the vote count helper person!" shit is scum.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:12 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 18, Spiffeh wrote:Discuss
what is there to even discuss? it's clearly got to happen
In post 19, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:anyone who tries that "I'll be the vote count helper person!" shit is scum
*shrug* it's something i literally do in every game with pseudo votes or missing votecounts
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 20, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 18, Spiffeh wrote:Discuss
what is there to even discuss? it's clearly got to happen
In post 19, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:anyone who tries that "I'll be the vote count helper person!" shit is scum
*shrug* it's something i literally do in every game with pseudo votes or missing votecounts
I hate meta but... find examples to show this to be true?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:28 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

uh im heading to work in like <5 mins but off the top of my head

kuribo in wonderland (as g[o]dz) i suggested an idea that would involve me keeping track of pseudo votes (it never took off but still)
pieguy's corpse party game had a different special mechanic and i did it there (as zel1nk)
nati's serum and steel when she went missing for pages at a time i kept track of votecounts in her place. this and i think one other game just before it (dont remember what it was) that i did it in were actually a large part of the reason vezok asked me to backup mod for him in an open game he ran (despite me having no actual modding experience, we'll ignore how it was even allowed to happen...)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:29 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually i dont think ive done it as scum, ironically

at least i cant remember a game i did it as scum
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:34 am

Post by hiplop »

confirm
third best scummer of all time

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”