Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #11000 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6021, Firebringer wrote:
In post 6020, Creature wrote:I kind of wanted to get us to abandon the game because it doesn't look fun.
Kind of feel same way.
But looking at reviewers I doubt either would approve a no scum team game or no scum.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11001 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by SlySly »

Skull,

Sorry, for my reactions to the happenings around the governing and other issues.

The game was presented as "Expect Shenanigans". I don't understand the complaining about shenanigans.

This was my first game back in years. I was really enjoying playing this one and the passion was running high. Thanks for modding a great game and for allowing me to play.

--------

Ank, damn you for stealing my hammer!!!! :evil:

My scene was epic. Your hammer was in the preview list when I hit submit. You stole greatness from us all. :lol:
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11002 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

I regret nothing.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #11003 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 10984, Skullduggery wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for participating in so many of my games and for being such a cool guy in general, Cakez. I'm going to miss you too.
<3

:cry:
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11004 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

Finally, I have some time to comment on the game.
In post 10978, JaeReed wrote:And I did come to the conclusion you were town with Math's flip. I was hoping saying I was scumreading you still would stop you being killed. It was silly of me, sorry :c
Ironically, the reason I nightkilled Nahdia was because you said you scumread them. If you hadn't said anything and left me under the impression that only Almost50 scumread them, there wasa chance I would have chosen someone else.

Regarding the cultification message, I am just gonna say that Yoshi was chosen because he was the one most likely to act as intended out of all the possible candidates. He was/seemed to be:

1) The most gullible of the "Gutblock", so I figured he would be the one most likely to believe himself culted.
2) The calmer and more sheepish out of the same block; he had a distinct flaw in the way he was playing which I hoped to be reinforced if he believed he was culted.
3) The one less likely to troll during twilight in case he was lynched. I wanted someone who would say "nah, gg you caught me", instead of trolling out of spite.

As far as I remember, after the "cultification" night ended he immediately went V/LA and then started sheeping more than before. I don't know if this was because of the cultification or because he genuinely didn't had time, however.

Town collectively played atrocious after Maxous' lynch. Like, literally, every major decision save for SirCakez's lynch was bad, culminating to Mathblade's lynch which was absolutely the worst, for many reasons. It was his lynch that gave me hope that the crazy plan I had in mind could work. I think JaeReed (or someone else) said it better: You were trying to interpret the evidence in a way that matches your point of view, rather than adjusting your point of view in a way that matches the evidence and when a new batch of evidence still didn't match your point of view, you got disheartened and abandoned the game.

MVP metal is shared between CallforJudgment and pre-Maxous-flip Mathblade, for me. The former almost solved the game and sent any planning I had done down the drain by finding and lynching SirCakez before me and the latter actually pierced the scattered evidence together and advanced the gamestate. I firmly believe, however, that the real Mathblade was abducted by aliens during the cultification night and then were promptly replaced by a sentient gelatinous cube for the rest of their run this game.

Anyway, this was quite some game. I am an analytical player and playing as scum here was one of the most skill intensive experiences I have ever had mafia-wise when it comes to analysis. The last three game days, where I was seeing my plan slowly coming together is probably my favorite bit of mafia ever. Also, by god, this must be the only time I have actually
felt
the burden of knowledge weighting me down.

Nonetheless, it's been a privilege playing with you guys. I don't think I will play again in something as big as this, as four+ months of commitment is too much for me, but I hope to see you again in something smaller. I also hope my lurkiness wasn't too annoying.

Skullduggery, thanks for giving me the chance to play. It was an awesome experience.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11005 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I almost forgot to ask, and if it's in the PTs let me know

@Maxous
- Talk about your selection process for your Gaster-team. Why did you pick who you did and how did you arrive at that decision? Did you plan anything with regards to timing your own death to more control the size of the scumteam? How did you choose your NKs, and were they in the moment of the game, or future thinking?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11006 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:20 am

Post by Narna »

I'm curious about this too Maxous.
Accountant has my back. Surely he'll free me.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #11007 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 11004, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote: Regarding the cultification message, I am just gonna say that Yoshi was chosen because he was the one most likely to act as intended out of all the possible candidates. He was/seemed to be:

1) The most gullible of the "Gutblock", so I figured he would be the one most likely to believe himself culted.
2) The calmer and more sheepish out of the same block;
he had a distinct flaw in the way he was playing which I hoped to be reinforced if he believed he was culted.

3) The one less likely to troll during twilight in case he was lynched. I wanted someone who would say "nah, gg you caught me", instead of trolling out of spite.
This, I presume? (In regards to my read on MathBlade?)
In post 11004, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
You were trying to interpret the evidence in a way that matches your point of view
, rather than adjusting your point of view in a way that matches the evidence and when a new batch of evidence still didn't match your point of view, you got disheartened and abandoned the game.
In post 11004, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote: As far as I remember, after the "cultification" night ended he immediately went V/LA and then started sheeping more than before. I don't know if this was because of the cultification or because he genuinely didn't had time, however.
Little bit of both. Then people grew suspicious of me and I (thinking I was scum) threw everything I could at PV. XD
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11008 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 11004, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote: Regarding the cultification message, I am just gonna say that Yoshi was chosen because he was the one most likely to act as intended out of all the possible candidates. He was/seemed to be:

he had a distinct flaw in the way he was playing which I hoped to be reinforced if he believed he was culted.

You were trying to interpret the evidence in a way that matches your point of view
, rather than adjusting your point of view in a way that matches the evidence and when a new batch of evidence still didn't match your point of view, you got disheartened and abandoned the game.
In post 11004, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote: As far as I remember, after the "cultification" night ended he immediately went V/LA and then started sheeping more than before. I don't know if this was because of the cultification or because he genuinely didn't had time, however.
Little bit of both. Then people grew suspicious of me and I (thinking I was scum) threw everything I could at PV. XD
#sundevils #forksup
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11009 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

#sundevils #forksup
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11010 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Oh god, the dreaded triple post.
#sundevils #forksup
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11011 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 11005, PeregrineV wrote:I almost forgot to ask, and if it's in the PTs let me know

@Maxous
- Talk about your selection process for your Gaster-team. Why did you pick who you did and how did you arrive at that decision? Did you plan anything with regards to timing your own death to more control the size of the scumteam? How did you choose your NKs, and were they in the moment of the game, or future thinking?
Oh just seen this.
My early Nightkills were hunting an imaginary scumteam because I wasn't told I was the only scum. I only figured that out around Day 3, at which point I started killing and blocking anybody that had feedback powers to hide my ascetic status since I already claimed role blocker.
Sidenote: I claimed role blocker as early as I could so everyone knew I had a confirmable role, to throw off that I could kill.
My death was a stupid mistake. I role-blocked SC because I thought inventors weren't informed that they were blocked. He was and it screwed me over.
I picked SC and Gio largely because they had PR's which would encourage the town to keep them around.
For example Gio may well have been lynched one of the days but people wanted to use his weak ability.
Most towns are hesitant to lynch good roles regardless of dayplay.
They were also very middle-of-the-pack players.
Players who weren't likely to get lynched like creeps or players who weren't obvious night kill targets like Nahdia.
I think I lucked out with the decision honestly, Gio was better at scum than I even thought he would be.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #11012 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

As it happens, all X-shot roles were informed that they were blocked (because they got the shot back); I assume Inventor got caught up in that. That's nonstandard, but not unheard of. (The main use I managed to make of my Bodyguard invention was that, being 1-shot, it made it possible to ask an appropriate question to discover that information.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11013 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

In post 11007, BigYoshiFan wrote:

No, this was a comment on the game generally. Your distinct flaw was your tendency to sheep.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11014 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

It really really should have been obvious that you were scum when you claimed to follow Nahdia.

I was a complete idiot to let that slip by me even before BYF flipped town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11015 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

I should clarify.

It didn't slip by me, but I let it go in favor of other stuff.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #11016 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”