Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7050 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 7047, Quipla wrote:Pretty sure all of the scum signed off releasing the PT:

Scum PT :)
also i think my favorite part about this is how much drealfucker wanted to kill the milkshake slot

?????????????? lol
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7051 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

yep def should release all my PTs

I think I was just contemplating the milkshake kill for a bit there? I don't think it was a serious consideration for much, it was more about MoI having likely picked good cards
balance among all things
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #7052 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 7040, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 7039, Quipla wrote:just a playerbase thing that needs to be accepted these days?
i think it's this tbh

this table just happened to have a lot of shitposters and some of those shitposters were friends

i'd like to think my hyperposting afterwards (where i went from a middling poster to literally the top poster within like 1 gameday) wasn't destructive though in the same way :///

also gonna answer the survey now
titus was in this game

wait, titus is in every game
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7053 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:02 am

Post by davesaz »

No objection to releasing any pt. I think it should be standard practice for everything but perhaps hydras.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7054 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 7039, Quipla wrote:Another big issue I found with the game was Day 1 generating over 90 pages, which I feel like directly led to replacements (Magna) and indirectly led to a couple other replacements by trapping some players in permanent catch-up mode. I'm not sure how to mechanically solve something like this, or if there's even anything that can be done about it, but it really does make the game almost unreadable for players replacing in (and makes it harder to find replacements in general). After the first couple of Days and once more information was in the game, it became a lot more readable and people were spamming less, but I'd really like to hear about what other mods have done to combat this issue.

Has anyone tried bankable deadlines? It feels like making deadlines short, ie; one week but you can bank any unused time to carry over to the next Day might encourage town to make accelerated decisions early in the game to build up more deadline time for future days, but it might be one of those things that works better in theory than in practice. D1 in this game still achieved a lynch in 4 and a half RL days, so this might not actually solve anything. Night start is the only other mechanic I can think of to accelerate the start of the game and get to phases where confirmed info exists sooner, but I'm not really a fan of Night starts tbh.

Any other ideas or is this just a playerbase thing that needs to be accepted these days?
I can't think of anything you can do about this. You can shorten D1 in various ways, but it was the rate of posting, not the length of day, that hurt (and nearly made me replace out - v glad I didn't). And there's just no way to stop people posting that I can see.

From a player's point of view, some combination of 1 replace out and some annoyed posts about it seemed to help a bit.

Actually, it might be a bit controversial, but one thing you could do is simply ask nicely. Just a post like "Some people are posting so much that the game is hard to follow and I'm worried about replacements. If they could slow down a little, it would be much appreciated".
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7055 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”