drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5350 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:43 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

RC - what happens if I or vax got boosted?

In post 5345, mhsmith0 wrote: Also @drealz/zef: what was the strategy behind zef zero posting in the hood? Just a WIFOM thing or was there an additional gain?
I think zef simply said "I'm not going to talk in there" and I was like "yeah cool" ? - don't fully remember
though he couldn't talk in there D1 like he couldn't talk in the gamethread D1, so, it worked to have a lurker I thought.
I really liked that aspect after he died that he'd been there, I think it kind of worked? There was a point where I totally forgot he was actually in there!

after I hammered zefeind I was pretty much just "shooting from the hip" with my play as I knew it was just a matter of time before it was PoEd to me anyway and I felt overwhelmed by all the town power and not much to do with my fakeclaim or role in light of everything else
balance among all things
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5351 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5350, drealmerz7 wrote:
RC - what happens if I or vax got boosted?

In post 5345, mhsmith0 wrote: Also @drealz/zef: what was the strategy behind zef zero posting in the hood? Just a WIFOM thing or was there an additional gain?
I think zef simply said "I'm not going to talk in there" and I was like "yeah cool" ? - don't fully remember
though he couldn't talk in there D1 like he couldn't talk in the gamethread D1, so, it worked to have a lurker I thought.
I really liked that aspect after he died that he'd been there, I think it kind of worked? There was a point where I totally forgot he was actually in there!

after I hammered zefeind I was pretty much just "shooting from the hip" with my play as I knew it was just a matter of time before it was PoEd to me anyway and I felt overwhelmed by all the town power and not much to do with my fakeclaim or role in light of everything else
Being excluded from the hood chain did not help.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5352 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

Honestly claiming vig IMHO was not helpful.

Probably should have kept that close the the vest.

After ttyl mafia I am always suspicious of unneeded claims from you.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:40 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

it was a whim claim (I mean I had thought about it previously but not thoroughly and when I claimed in thread it was spontaneous) that I more wanted to see how I could play it more than anything, almost like a self-challenge

definitely not a smart move though, as it never is and the game would have been completely different had I not
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5354 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:41 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I knew I was going to be making most of the kills going forward because the rest of my team was doomed so I wanted to establish me going out making kills / having night-actions
balance among all things
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5355 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

What? I wanted to see the scum topic :(
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5356 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:45 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

RC said 24 hours I think?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5357 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:45 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

it's mostly me yelling at my scumbuddies and then talking to myself after they're all dead
balance among all things
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5358 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:56 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 5357, drealmerz7 wrote:it's mostly me yelling at my scumbuddies and then talking to myself after they're all dead
Yeah, but I heard that I died because I was seen as a useful role or something.

I wanted to see for myself.

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5359 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

certainly of course I'd want to see too, was just saying (:
balance among all things
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5360 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:10 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 5359, drealmerz7 wrote:certainly of course I'd want to see too, was just saying (:
OK.

BTW in the game, when you were upset at me, was that real anger or an attempt to just get me lynched?

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5361 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:14 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I'd have to go back and look, any idea when it was?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5362 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

going through your ISO to see if I can find it
found this gem
In post 921, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 919, JaeReed wrote:
In post 915, RadiantCowbells wrote:KillTheStory has been lynched! He was Voldemort, Global Post Restriction Enabling 1-Shot Delayed Deathproof,
aligned with the town
I need colors. What do I look like? A reader?
crack me up!
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5363 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

found it haha
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5364 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:22 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

that was a combo. definitely pissed at you not making content posts and wanting you to make content posts and feeling trolled by you a bit that you weren't (that's genuine perspective/frustration), but I probably wouldn't have (?) raged that much if I were town as it was more trying to get heat on you and to get you lynched where I'd be more wary of that as town if I didn't have a genuine SR on you
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5365 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I have been quit to frustration and anger lately though so that is likely a product of some venting more than directed at you
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5366 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

It isn't the rage that was the problem. It is the fact you went out of the way to personally insult FA. If it was you me FA in LYLO and I had the choice I hammer you instantly no case required. You crossed a line that should never be crossed.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5367 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Alisae »

Honestly going into Lylo Drealmerz was probably going to get hammered no matter what.
GTKAS
| here.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5368 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:04 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I'm not trying to debate anything in relation to that at all, MB, I agree I crossed a line and there's nothing I can do except to never cross again

I was talking to kuroi here about my rage at him (whether it is acceptable or not), and other, unrelated to FA rage in general (because really I'm just not addressing anything in regards to her any more as I think that is best - at least publicly, if anyone wants to talk about anything privately I'd be happy to address things that way, but a public forum is not the place)
balance among all things
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5369 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:54 am

Post by Lycanfire »

wrt zefiend/Math I'm not upset with Math. I stated in the dead thread that their push on me day 2 actually made the town stronger. If I hammered RM/boring with no fuss would I have accused D7 as much as I did d2? Would the scum team not be shown waffling as hard as they did? Would we have as good of an idea that boring was scum (close to 100% in this game)? In another post remarked that I felt I could have avoided a day 3 lynch. If anything I'mhappy that the push was forcing a case that was far from concrete. Now if I
did
say something scummy and math said they would tunnel on that all game I would be annoyed.

i know (/probably shouldn't know) that the scumteam thought this was townsided. i think they had the misfortune of having two of the least useful town roles exit the game first, not setting up a DEO lynch as well as they could (D7 claiming vig d2 spoiled any d3 play vs. DEO as he was too busy having to explain himself to push) while the rest of the scumteam was isolated from good town neighbourhoods. i might have missed a 'hood but i don't believe there was any cross over as JaeReed had knowledge from fusing with mhsmith, whereas mhsmith would have had no retroactive knowledge of jaereed fusing with FA (pony express) later in the game. if scum got robbed, it was from DEO's neighbourhood shots taking them out of an entire part of the game.

scum night actions were also really highly questionable. if the setup was townsided, i don't think it was all that bad for scum-afaik they had knowledge of who the traitor was, the traitor was just a weak goon that couldn't win alone(?).

i'm not upset about the role i received. ideally i would have never had to claim but it was a significant boost to my ego to be able to tell two factions to fuck off and that i would be around to rope scum the next day. while i remarked to rc after i was shot that my role sucked it was a joke

nothing to do with game balance, but how RC took occam's razor and came up with that role was really cool.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5370 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 5369, Lycanfire wrote:i know (/probably shouldn't know) that the scumteam thought this was townsided.
FWIW this was probably the most scumsided setup I've played on MS other than open setup Stack the Deck. Scum had three objectively useful PRs (vanillaizer, janitor, strongman) with the capability of getting additional PR shots from a fuse, and they got a ninja that could potentially fool the follower (not sure why drealz apparently holstered his ninja shot N5 fwiw).

That said, once the janitor AND the vanillaizer got shoved out the door d2 and d3 it was always gonna be a hard uphill slog for scum; that's the inherent consequence of having two strong scum roles leave the game early. Throw in the strongman death d4, and a bunch of shots that failed to hit town's useful power, and it's honestly kinda surprising that it ever hit LYLO in the first place.

Mechanically, I'd say that the game was probably swingy on JaeReed's role; the fuse was super useful with creature, my, and DEO's roles, and also potentially devastating if it fused with the janitor or strongman. Scum had chances to derail JaeReed's role using strongman or vanillaizer, but didn't get it done on N2/N3, and by N4 it was too late.

I think if you play this setup, say, 100 times, you'll see a scum win in the ballpark of 65%. Which is probably stretching it for balance, but probably within the range of fairness. Both teams had their chances and their abilities, town ultimately had to do a bit more than usual, but was able to get it done.

TLDR: good job town! :D
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5371 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 5331, Titus wrote:Go townblocks. Mighty power of townblocks.

Btw, it was Math who scumread JaeReed. I was just going to policy lynch him for being crazy.
What? When were you thinking of policying me here? lol.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5372 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:26 am

Post by ɀefiend »

I agree the setup is around 60/40 scum-sided (which is ideal, since less people play as scum... your win% should approach 50 after one hundred play-throughs).

The roles were not the problem. The planning and execution of menial things was abysmal in the scum topic. Cohesiveness was not present. Toxicity and pointless arguments were rampant.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5373 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

One of the down sides of daytalk is that when things go badly for scum team it can get unpleasant.

As opposed to when things go badly for town and you see all the villagers melting down ITT :P
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5374 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 4643, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 4641, mhsmith0 wrote:Image

Ok NOW maybe too much :P
DAMN IT :eek:

YOUR MAKING ME HAPPY ON PURPOSE
btw this was me achieving my secret win con :P
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”