Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 4196, Alisae wrote:GG guyz and Tywin ;)
Was fun.
GG Alisae. Remember before the game, I said I'd get you lynched first if scum? Lol :)
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 am

Post by James3 »

In post 4223, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4222, D3f3nd3r wrote:Claiming scum is gamethrowing regardless of alignment.
I agree but bad town do it all the time. We live in a meta world that allows for anti-town play b/c no one has the balls to pl.
Policy lynching is a dumb tactic if you're good at reading people. There's no reason to knowingly lynch VIs.
I'm not confused, I just realize that you're a damn loon. - Shaziro to Accountant
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 am

Post by James3 »

In post 4222, D3f3nd3r wrote:Claiming scum is gamethrowing regardless of alignment.
Most of the time, but I can think os several unusual cases where it isn't (such as this game). Modkilling for gt confirms the existence of such a situation if there isn't a modkill. I mean, you could argue that "no one is gamethrowing" should be modconfirmed, but really it just adds another layer to "outguess the mod".

It also is unfair to the gamethrower's teammates (who are by definition his victims).
No, it doesn't because that is a terrible thing to do as either alignment and you'd probably rather not lynch.
Nolynching is usually better than mislynching. Should be pretty obvious why.
James you really need to get a fucking grip. You're not as good as your massive ego makes you think you are.
But I am. Lower skill players often try to deny it, but that doesn't change the facts.
I'm not confused, I just realize that you're a damn loon. - Shaziro to Accountant
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 4227, James3 wrote:
Most of the time, but I can think os several unusual cases where it isn't (such as this game). Modkilling for gt confirms the existence of such a situation if there isn't a modkill. I mean, you could argue that "no one is gamethrowing" should be modconfirmed, but really it just adds another layer to "outguess the mod".

It also is unfair to the gamethrower's teammates (who are by definition his victims).
No, it doesn't because that is a terrible thing to do as either alignment and you'd probably rather not lynch.
Nolynching is usually better than mislynching. Should be pretty obvious why.
James you really need to get a fucking grip. You're not as good as your massive ego makes you think you are.
But I am. Lower skill players often try to deny it, but that doesn't change the facts.
ok

------

If anyone has any comments on things I could have done better either with moderation or with setup design please bring them up either here or via PM! I'm always trying to improve as a mod and your feedback definitely helps!
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Not Chara »

this isn't really an issue with the setup,but i
would
like to know the balance behind the scum power roles. the 2-shot ninja is a counter for the watcher, but i'm curious about the rest.
was the existence of the rolecop actually meant to help scum by being able to confirm two as goons? or was the timeshift mechanic enough of a buff to mafia?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 pm

Post by TTTT »

@D3f3nd3r
You did a great job.
The only thing that could have been handled better was I don't think you should have locked the thread when Super-Genius James claimed scum. I mean he was a certain lynch by then, but it did confirm his alignment when you then unlocked and he hadn't been mod killed or force replaced.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:33 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 4230, TTTT wrote:@D3f3nd3r
You did a great job.
The only thing that could have been handled better was I don't think you should have locked the thread when Super-Genius James claimed scum. I mean he was a certain lynch by then, but it did confirm his alignment when you then unlocked and he hadn't been mod killed or force replaced.
Agreed, something better could have happened there. I was still thinking about it when I unlocked the thread, I just figured that I could modkill or force-replace him from an unlocked thread and didn't have any reason to lock the thread. In retrospect I should have realized that when I was locking the thread, not 10 minutes later.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:36 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 4229, Not Chara wrote:this isn't really an issue with the setup,but i
would
like to know the balance behind the scum power roles. the 2-shot ninja is a counter for the watcher, but i'm curious about the rest.
was the existence of the rolecop actually meant to help scum by being able to confirm two as goons? or was the timeshift mechanic enough of a buff to mafia?
I think that the Timeshift hurts Mafia, honestly, for the same reason as Nightless games: the scum can't take out any claimed PR or player that has their sights set on them without waiting a day.

(profile pic by datisi)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:15 am

Post by CommKnight »

Also personally I think this game was much more mafia sided, they only really lost due to part bad luck and part bad teammates. I mean my role was REALLY a hit and miss and only could catch 2/4 mafia (and even only check 1 every 2 days!).

Then the watcher was useless for at least 2 kills (even if they picked the right person to watch), then they'd have to survive to SEE a third person killed.

I feel Jailor was our one real power role and maybe vig.

James and XnadrojX were really a negative for scum team unfortunately.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 am

Post by -Grey- »

viewtopic.php?p=8844322#p8844322

I really don't want to hear anyone who modkills players for the use of spoiler tags... in MyLo... without resetting the vote count... leaving a wagon on town at L-1 with scum off the wagon... making negative comments about another player's skill.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 4234, -Grey- wrote:viewtopic.php?p=8844322#p8844322

I really don't want to hear anyone who modkills players for the use of spoiler tags... in MyLo... without resetting the vote count... leaving a wagon on town at L-1 with scum off the wagon... making negative comments about another player's skill.
He was doing that as the moderator in that game too.

(profile pic by datisi)
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 am

Post by -Grey- »

Everybody makes mistakes.

But if somebody is going to take on the mantle of narcissism, I'm going to shove those mistakes in their face at every opportunity until they learn a little humility.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by TTTT »

I was in that game (although I subbed out upon realizing is was worse than infant AIDs)
I have barrels of patience for anybody who can admit their shortcomings
but arrogance will get it's shit thrown back in it's own face
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by James3 »

I misunderstood a rule. Not sure what that has to do with my superb skill as a player.

But I guess if you don't have any valid ways to insult someone, you have to resort to red herrings.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4238, James3 wrote:I misunderstood a rule. Not sure what that has to do with my superb skill as a player.

But I guess if you don't have any valid ways to insult someone, you have to resort to red herrings.
You "misunderstood" basic game dynamics.
You "misunderstood" common knowledge norms.

Attempting to minimize your colossal fuck ups does nothing to mitigate the damage you caused.
---
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 4238, James3 wrote:I misunderstood a rule. Not sure what that has to do with my superb skill as a player.

How was your play in this game "superb"? I don't see it here.

How was your play in the newbie game you played here not too long ago "superb"?

(profile pic by datisi)
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 4239, -Grey- wrote:You "misunderstood" common knowledge norms.
What you think my knowledge of this site has to do with my skill level is not at al clear.
Attempting to minimize your colossal fuck ups does nothing to mitigate the damage you caused.
I'm not "minimizing" anything. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with the matter at hand.
In post 4240, D3f3nd3r wrote:How was your play in this game "superb"? I don't see it here.
My plays were well thought ought and mostly entirely correct. That they didn't work out in this particular game doesn't really say much. No plan is perfect.
I correctly guessed every night kill as doctor.
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 4241, James3 wrote:
In post 4239, -Grey- wrote:You "misunderstood" common knowledge norms.
What you think my knowledge of this site has to do with my skill level is not at all clear.
I'm not "minimizing" anything. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with the matter at hand.
In post 4240, D3f3nd3r wrote:How was your play in this game "superb"? I don't see it here.
My plays were well thought out and mostly entirely correct. That they didn't work out in this particular game doesn't really say much. No plan is perfect.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by -Grey- »

---
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:31 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 4241, James3 wrote:
"guessed"

(profile pic by datisi)
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Scumteam- I get why LoX was killed, but why me and why so early?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:33 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

RIP MiniRC :(
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:09 am

Post by CommKnight »

Well James has been permanently banned. So no need to worry about him in the future.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

This hurts man I'll miss little RC
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”